Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,907 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,451 through 24,500 (of 35,393 total)

• Afternoon all!
    Very cold here, had a lovely dry walk with Xena before Church, think next one will be a wet one as it looks like rain! Seeing Mum this afternoon & cooking roast beef for the others.
    Have a good afternoon everyone!

Rain here and Heidi is limping badly,so not taking her out today, hope that the rest will do her good.I get really upset when she is not well.She is lay in her bed now,just gave her a good rub.

Hedgehog..
    Wet walk for us and tonight too by the looks of it…easy meal tonight what ever you fancy 😂..beef sounds good 😀

Dave..
    Hope Heidi picks up, rest her and hope it improves tomorrow ..

Charlie wrapped in his new blanket, sat staring at me and then his blanket, me then his blanket, telling me he wanted wrapping up 😂

Jean x

Hallo everyone.
    Had a good couple of days food wise and relaxed a bit yesterday, 1467 calories consumed and 1lb on which was disappointing.
    My TDEE is between 1600 and 1467 so obviously ate too much yesterday. I don’t intend to count on off days but realise I do need to establish some sort of guide so that I just maintain.
    I intend to limit calories to 1200 on non fd to see if that works.
    Any advice?
    Glad you found the chocs Brad.
    Annabelle

Annabelle to lose weight you must try for a few hundred below your TDEE.I know you are much lighter than me, I try to go a thousand below mine,but I do weigh over 21 stone.And that’s on non fast days,on I try for 800.My TDEE is 2617😁🐽🐽.

Thank you Brads for you good advice.
    At the moment I weigh 11stone and need to get to 10 so it looks like I might have to go as low as 1000.
    Will try 1200 first then 1100 to see how different amounts work out.
    I think age also pays a big part as it is definitely harder to lose when you are older.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.
    Annabelle

It can be done Annabelle, I am 65 but lost a few stone since starting the 5-2 diet.Do what you said try different amounts until you feel happy.

Annabelle..
    We always have Fridays off, meal out, wine, chocolate, vanilla slice, what takes our fancy….it’s our weigh in day, and Saturdays too…Sunday is a thoughtful day into Monday and Thursday fasting, the other days are possibly 1000 cals ish for me, Steve eats more.
    I look at this as a way of life, I would rather take it slower and keep the weight off or maintain..you have to have days off as this it isn’t a diet, having days off keeps you motivated and the heavy days kick start the fasting days. Moving the days around to fit in with your life style…the hardest thing is maintaining at goal weight, keeping on here keeps you focused even at goal.

Even putting a pound on when you have had a day off, sometimes I put 3 on, I can still pull back and loose weigh by my weigh in day…you are doing well don’t look too much into it…it will come off.

Hope it gives you an idea…we have been doing 5.2 for 4 years, both 71 now 😬…first time round we were 64…

Jean x

Evening!
    Annabelle- I used keep a couple/few hundred under my TDEE, sounds like that’s what you’re going to try, I did find the weight loss a bit too slow for me so did do Alternate Day Fasting, it was the only way I could shift anything! Age I guess!
    Dave- poor Heidi, hugs to her, I hope she’s better with some rest.
    Jean- Charlie’s such a character! They’re so clever when they show you what they want!
    Had a few games with Mum, she seems to be a bit better thankfully, but probably won’t have time to see her tomorrow, she’s not got anything on & is oftem gloomy on Mondays 😬. Dinner’s done, a bit of chocolate for me now, then I’ll be back to fasting- I hope I’ll be able do a few 800cal days in a row, make up for the damage last week!

Morning All…
    A bright blue sky cold day…

We are fasting anyone joining us today?

Charlie walk in the park then caravan wash down outside..drain the water off before the freezing weather starts….with Steve being ill this year it’s missed a few washes…maybe a lick and promise 😂

Leave the boy at home warm and snuggly …

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Plan is, friends here until Wednesday, then down to Kent for a couple of days. Back Friday, FD800 Saturday and Sunday. Much needed! Then we have booked three nights away in a pub/restaurant we have wanted to stay for ages. Only a couple of hours away so not a big trip. Then we are home until Christmas, just a few meals out so should get some ADF in.
    Good luck fasters. How is Heidi, Dave?
    Annabelle, you see we are all different. I like alternate day fasting, but on non fasting days I don’t do TDEE or count calories. Just watch the sugar and carbs. Seems to work for me as I don’t feel I am on a diet at all. Having said that I just seem to be having EFS days at the moment with skinny friends up. (Epic Face Stuffing). Bit of work to be done in December!

Hello everyone I was lay in bed thinking of hymns I used to sing in primary school 😁.My favourites were We plough the fields and scatter,and There is a green hill far away.Also Holy,Holy,Holy.We changed the words to this one to ,Holy,Holy Holy two fullbacks and a goalie,inside right and an inside left and a jolly good referee 😁I always say to Denise our sings are much better than hers, different religions 😲. Not took Heidi out yet,she started playing with her ball at midnight so not sure how her legs are today, will take her out later and see how she is.

Afternoon All…
    Absolutely cream crackered..2 1/2 hours scrubbing the caravan, the roof was really bad not really in plan of cleaning…so scrubbed the best I could…Steve helped but far too much for him to do I was puffing away at the roof, he wouldn’t of managed it….back home wet through…quick cuppa and walk if I can manage it..

Very hot spicy chicken wings for tonight, quite like them for a Monday possibly over but they will do…

Mel..
    Lots of planning going on and very busy catching up too….it’s good when we can work around things…your three days away sounds interesting and Kent too..

Dave..
    Laughing about your songs..we are different religions too….looks like I am on your side lol…..

Very quiet on here today …everybody busy?…

Jean x

Hallo everyone.
    Blood test today re steroids. Nurse said doctor had asked for BP which turned out to be very high. Seeing doctor Thursday so will see what she says.
    Did just over 1200 yesterday with no gain but I did go the gym so maybe that helped.
    Melfish, hedghogs, Symba 7, Brads. Thank you all for your advice. It seems like horses for courses so I have taken on board what you have all said and will experiment. Thank you for taking the trouble to share your experiences.
    FD today and so far all ok plus have walked 4.25 miles today which is a lot for me. Not all in one go I hasten to add but walking around town collecting and buying things. It all adds up.
    Feeling rather tired now so it will be meal and telly.
    Am going to a Weights for Women session tomorrow. It’s all about building up bone density which is what old ladies like me need.
    Annabelle

Afternoon!
    Jean- you must be shattered! Hope Charlie doesn’t hassle you too much for walks & games after being left! At leadt it’s kept you busy on a FD…
    Annabelle- I like the sound of the weights classes! There’s no gym/ classes etc near us now, the idea of having to drive a way there & back for a class doesn’t appeal; I used to do HIIT workouts at home but don’t seem to get round to it now with Xena about, but I do need to do more than walking! Hopefully you’ll work the best fit out for you with the diet so you can make it sustainable!
    Dave- hope Heidi’s legs are better, good that she wanted a play!
    Mel- sounds like you’ll have your work cut out to keep down before Christmas! Hope you have a good time with your friends- how was Paul’s cooking?!
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Took Xena out for an early walk, lovely & bright, beautiful autumn colours! Then had to take my car in for MOT, had another bill on it! We went shopping to Waitrose & John Lewis which were nearby, got a few Christmas presents so that was good. (& some of their lovely chocolate & sour cherry mince pies!) After picking the car up we’ve walked Xena again, now trying to get warm! Fasting going okay, not too hungry.

Good afternoon, I didn’t go to the gym today although it would have been easier if I had,played bowls for three hours,so really aching now.Took Heidi out when I got home,two old crocks going for a walk,she is limping but a bit better, she’s had a limp for a year or two but was bad yesterday.Not had anything to eat so a fast day today.

Managed to walk Charlie but quite tired for me..chicken in….my foot hurts, it’s been like it for a month now trouble is it isn’t my bad toe/foot it’s the other 😬

Annabelle..
    Just pick the bones out of our advice and do what suits you…hoping all settles down by Thursday and BP is lower. Have you been Christmas shopping?…must go out tomorrow for cards, some to go to Houston must get them in the post. Everyone wants money this year and no wrap ups so easy for us….just one to buy. Steve and I don’t bother we buy as we want things….long time since we were at a gym and swimming too, no time now…nice you can get there..

Hedgehog..
    Looks like I will hit 20,000 steps today…up and down the steps!…at least haven’t had time to think of food…..you were Xmas shopping too and pies!!..they sound different….hope your cars fine…

Dave..
    Are you inside bowling now…our bowling green is full of leaves. Poor Heidi, is it the cold weather bothering her…

Table to set..must move…I will give Steve the look 🙄😍🥰 but he’s watching TV..

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Managed to do a FD yesterday despite unplanned visitors dropping by yesterday evening – it was nice to see them.
    You’ve all been very busy and active today by the sound of it. Makes me feel very lazy. Not been to bad eating wise today just had a very spicy chilli for our evening meal.Husband is now feeling so much better that we’re going to St Ives tomorrow to collect his repaired glasses and then in the evening it’s my old workmates get together for a meal. Think it will be the last one of the year as next month is looking very busy social wise for us.
    No FD tomorrow but maybe a CD for Weds as I’m off to Bury St Edmunds with my sister for the day.
    Nana x

Bowling still outside,a few leafs about but not to many.Heidi is fast asleep now next to the fire.Will have to get her some leg warmers 😆. Spanish lessons again tomorrow then shopping.Wednesday gym, Thursday pick-up new glasses,Friday go and see Denise’s mum.Its going to be cold tonight-2°C brrrrrr.

Dave- poor you & Heidi! Well done with the FD, enjoy the Spanish tomorrow.
    Annabelle- hope you get the blood pressure sorted, & the steroids…
    Jean- I think you put all of us to shame with the amount you do! Had the mince pies last year, they’re lovely! I will have 2 packs though, spoke to Mum tonight & she’s bought me some 😂 Hope your chicken is good!
    Nana- I like Bury, hope you have a nice day out there, & a good day in St Ives.
    Son said they’d had a woman in shoplifting today- & she’d even put stuff in her kids’ pockets- that ‘s terrible! I saw an accident today, gave the chap my number & said I’d be a witness, turns out it was a nutty lady who lives in the next village who caused the accident, hopefully she’ll give up driving now!
    Dinner done, not too hungry!

Morning all!
    Anyone joining me with fasting?
    Hope everyone has a good day, just dog training for us.

Good morning,Buenos Dias, Spanish lessons today,just had two Weetabix first breakfast for months.Its freezing here literally.Might take Heidi out for a quick walk,no doubt it will be in the churchyard.My broadband seems slow today so I will do a bit of maintenance and see if I can speed it up.

Morning All…
    White over this morning..a late start for us…

Walk and cafe..then back to sort car insurance and a ISA out…then soup making definitely soup weather.

Dave..
    Still outside bowling ours I think has finished for now…enjoy Spanish lessons later…

Nana..
    Hope the glasses are fine this time..enjoy lunch out….and evening meal catch up..

Hedgehog…
    Your poor son having to deal with shop lifting..so sad people have to resort to that…and you a witness to a accident all go at your end….20,500 steps yesterday!! Still shattered….have a good fd….I am down to make mince pies for school Xmas fete next month..trying to make room in the freezer for my Xmas baking in the next few weeks too..have a good training session…

Jean x

Morning all.
    Worked hard last week but because I had to go away for 2 days (worth it) I had to work really hard at the weekend. Hi very grumpy.

Anyway back on an even keel and managed my first properly no cheating Fd yeaterday. So I’m going to try another one today. Tactic at the moment is to have a late breakfast of around 350 cals to set me up for the day, and then have a similar amount with the boys.

Annabelle – everyone’s advice is oumd… Listen to what others are doing for ideas, try a few things and see if there is a pattern that works for you.

How’s Heidi, Dave? I need to look back to see what’s making her limp.

HH – will you be seeing your mum today? Hope she coped better with her quiet Monday than you feared.

Mx

Hymn of the day,He who would valiant be😀,this one is definitely in my top ten.Took Heidi out, churchyard walk🙄.Her limp is not too bad today so may have two walks.Its just old age her limp.Going shopping now

Dave- yes, like that hymn…& morning has broken? Good that Heidi’s improved. Don’t buy any more chocolate 😂
    Minols- Shame you’ve been so busy with work, your family must miss you! Well done with yesterday’s FD, hope you keep strong today! Funny how we’re all different, if I eat early it makes me more hungry, I’m better if I keep my cals for the evening! Mum was fine yesterday, she went into town, forgot more than she bought, but she seems to have turned a corner, thankfully!
    Jean- have an easier day today then, that’s masses of steps! Hope you can sort your freezer out, that’s one on my list of jobs to do!
    Nana- hope hubbys glasses fit & enjoy the time out!
    Car frozen up, not worth de-icing to take Xena out, 8 dogs at the park for her to play with!

Afternoon All..
    A lovely walk this morning ground really hard saves washing the boy!…he appreciates that 😂
    A few bits and pieces done..car insurance and isa to do..then soup…defrost inside house freezer is on the to do list and ironing…

Minols…
    Nice you had your two days away..a bit much at a busy time…well done on a B2B, keep strong today…

Dave..
    He Who Would Valiant Be..one of my favourites…I remember singing it at a service with the guides at York Minster, the organ laboured really slow, but sounded amazing with the echo…memories nice to keep…

Hedgehog..
    Morning has Broken started our school morning prayers, played on the piano..memories too…a favourite..
    Glad your Mum has turned the corner, it will make you feel better…you get up so early no wonder your car was frozen…late start for us…a bit of garage freezer space found..

Jean x

HH yes morning has broken would be in my top ten.My mother’s favourite was God is working his purpose out,or something like that,not in my top ten this one.You must hear a few Minols, what’s your favourite?Done the Spanish lesson, I now know how to ask where the toilets are😀.Donde esta Los aseos.😆😆😆

Just emptied my stash of toffees into an old quality street tub or should I say TWO TUBS and no room for Ferreros,Denise found the purple toffees and had to sample one,My broadband speed was down to 44 meg download speed ☹️so hopefully it will be faster after my maintenance.Just done a quick test it’s 230 now so a bit better,not a good time now though, America will all be online now.

Evening all.
    HH Paul did a really lovely spaghetti bolognaise. I should have more faith. Trouble is we are very different kinds of cooks. I follow recipes to the letter, he just makes it up as he goes along. This is why it doesn’t always work!
    Off to a gig tonight so will be very late to bed, then have to get up to leave by 6am to get to the funeral in time. Not looking forward to any of it. Will have a meal in a pub before concert. Looking forward to that bit. 😂🍷.
    I am looking forward to two FDs at the weekend, have just been stuffing food in my face willy nilly.
    Lots of memories of school with all the hymns!
    Me and friend Sarah took the dogs to the beach. They had a lovely run around and play fight. I can see how Jodie is getting less nimble now. Just little things show she is not a young dog anymore. Ten in January.

Evening All….
    Car sorted out, took Steve about three hours, tip tapping in and out different sites…tearing his hair out..saved £40 in the end…is it worth it!!…ISA done too..soup done…chased solicitor up too, it finishes about 25th Nov if no response.

Dave..
    Lots of sweets bought …time to be controlled or will you eat them till June like we do 😂
    Good you can find the loo…very good for us ladies…

Mel..
    Enjoy your meal and gig tonight…hoping tomorrow is as good as funerals can be….all fun at the beach..we enjoyed it the other day, to far to go regularly about 45 miles away…

Jean x

No way they will last while June, lucky to last the year out.Cant stop once I start, Still got to buy a dairy milk, preferably the size of my TV 😀.And possibly a toblerone👿👿👿😈😈😈.All calorie free😵😖🤪👺.

I know a few hymns, Dave! For my funeral (I like to be prepared!) I always teach ‘when peace like a river attendeth my way’ – love the chorus… It is well with my soul. And a more modern ‘before the throne of God above’… But I’ll sing practically anything.

Useless fact re organs and cathedrals… At Lincoln there is a whole second time lapse between the pipes and the back of the nave, which is why the organ plays so slowly… And if you’re singing from the front of the rood screen you aim for the 7th Pillar and that way you hit the accoustis sweet-spot. Of course, 1200 secondary pupils did not get either of those facts and I remember one year they finished all 5 verses of O little town of Bethlegem by the time the organist got to end of v3 – that was a train you just couldn’t stop!

Anyway, Fd fine so far – helped by an exceeding sore mouth and jaw. So more cauli mash tonight – and soon cos I really need some pain killer. The dentist really earned her pay today!

Mx

For my funeral I want A whiter shade of pale.It always brings a smile to my face, I think back to going on a coach,we was going fishing and always stopped at a cafe for tea and toast in 1967😄😄😄.It’s my favourite record of all time.

Minols..
    Interesting about the time lapse on the organ…just thought it was old and slow…I laughed at the school children……hope you feel better soon nothing like mouth ache..

Dave..
    You can’t possibly eat all that in a week 😂…I only finished my Xmas Turkish delight last month, the last of the sweets…

Jean x

Minols- hope your mouth gets better soon! Certainly does help with fasting, every cloud 😂
    Dave- you’ll be needing the dentist after all those toffees 😂. Where will you get a big Dairy Milk bar from?
    Mel- have a good time tonight, intetesting that you’re looking forward to the food more?! Nice for Jodie to have a play, hope she’s not too sore tomorrow! Hope the funeral goes as well as possible…
    Jean- you’re very restrained with the food! I couldn’t make chocolates last that long, sometimes ours have lasted til early summer. Hubby rings our insurance up every year & tells them we’ll change if they can’t do better- it always goes down by at least £50, sometimes more, same with house insurance!
    Been very cold again today, fasting makes it worse! I did sort out one feezer, had some salmon I found at the bottom, it was a bit dry! Xena can have the rest 😂 No 2nd walk with Xena- she was fast asleep all afternoon, didn’t wake until it was dark. I’ll play with her later. Dinner eaten, a bit early for us so will be hungry later I think!

I change my house car and energy every year normally.The car insurance went down so kept that.I go on the comparison sites,the three main ones.Heidi as had two walks so she is flat out now😄.There is no way I could make the toffees last until summer,for a start it would ruin the fast diet,so they will all be gone before my birthday in January.I have done well to resist them so far, I told Denise I would leave them until Xmas Eve.

Morning all!
    Dave- don’t think it’s as big as your TV!! Hope you can resist it all- & Denise!- getting a bit tempting! Did you get the holiday booked in the end, I’m getting forgetful!!
    Hope everyone else has a good day, whatever you’re up to. Seeing my Homestart family this afternoon. Going to take some willpower today to leep caloties down- woke up very early & pretty hungry already!

Morning all
    Disaster! I managed a Fd again yesterday and I’m thinking of trying to keep below 800 again today – maybe dod a week of it. But I’ve done it by having a lovely omelette before heading. Into work. No eggs left, and my jaw is still really sore from the extraction so I thought I’d go to my old standby – porridge. Ivve just mademyself a coffee and discovered we’re out of milk – how did this happen!

Hang on though – do I remember hearing someone say they make porridge with water? Would that be like the gruel in Oliver twist!

I may give it a go! Certainly cannot chew toast – and that would ruin any self discipline I have anyway.

I’ll let you know if I try it…
    Mx

Morning All..
    Up late not so cold today..

A bit of shopping and ironing and not much more..around the village and river bank walk now park pm…

Houston daughter taking the children on a 17 hour flight to Dubai to visit friends and school friends they are very excited…( school holidays)…very exciting for Cole 13 and Zack 11 they are going business class upstairs on their own, Katie is downstairs with Charlotte. (Charlotte is too young for business on a staff ticket) They are flying on A380 it’s the plane Katie was involved with in the internal design when she worked in Emirates…it’s her baby, she was one of 5 people who did all the internal planning.

Hedgehog..
    We rang the insurance up they wouldn’t budge on price..as you say it sometimes works…have a good HS family meeting pm..

Dave..
    Comparison sites are so annoying tip tapping all your details into each one…still we did save…I think you have enough chocolate 😂

Minols..
    Hope your jaw soon heals…sorry mine took a month!….paracetamol and ibuprofen two of each 4 times a day…

Off walking the boy is not happy we should of been gone…..

Jean x

Hallo everyone.
    Went to the first of 4 Women and Weights class yesterday. Not quite what I expected, seems to be a general overview but see how it goes. Class of 8 which is a bit too big as involves waiting for a turn on 8 different machines with a lot of talking from instructor in between.
    Class started with 7 as one lady was 15 minutes late, a bit daft when the class is only 1 hour. She then was texting for most of the time the instructor was talking which I thought was extremely rude. She also kept others waiting while she had a longer time on one machine and asked a lot of questions about her aches and pains and what to do about them. She should have booked a one to one session. Hopefully things will improve.
    As regards BP, after the fright on Monday I have been taking it at home and it is fine. It obviously took longer to settle after my brisk walk.
    Weight loss is very slow but I am putting this down to steroids, at least it is moving so that’s fine.
    Circuits class tonight which is good fun.
    Lose lots and prosper to paraphrase Mr Spock.
    Annabelle

Minols- poor you, reduced to porridge & water! Hope you find something to eat, not got any Skyr I guess? Icecream?!
    Jean- I get those looks too if we keep Xena waiting, she follows me everywhere!
    Annabelle- maybe that class doesn’t sound so good! Hope it does improve…& good that your BP is better.
    HS family are ill again, poor things! The children are at 3 different schools/ nurseries, so I guess that they pick up all different germs! Was hoping to have a sneaky lie down now we’ve walked Xena, but neighbours having their windows done so too noisy! & Xena keeps flying up & barking!
    Have got forms to fill in about the accident I saw the other day, didn’t expect to hear anything, but apparently the poor chap’s car is more damaged than he 1st thought.

Good afternoon, going to the gym at 2pm, still aching from three hours of bowling.Not buying the big chocolate bar, will make do with 200 gram bar.Holiday is booked so Spanish lessons could be useful.Will have a cuppa then take Heidi out.I was in bed at 11 pm last night,unheard of for me going that early.

Hi everyone
    HH – sadly the skyr is all out of date…I’ve not been keeping an eye on things in the fridge, clearly! Think it will be fish and rice tonight cos it really needs eating up (I noticed at the sametime as discovering the empty milk carton and out of date skyr!), but when I popped in to the butchers they had something I really liked the look of – can’t remember the name, but essentially, a ‘bullet’ of haggis, wrapped in sausage meat, wrapped in schnitzel coating – thing that might make the fridge by tomorrow night!

Porridge turned out alright – definitely doable. and I’ve jsut had some soup. I did have a tiny bit of melt in your mouth shortbread someon brought to this morning’s group…but hope to still be under 1000, and maybe only a very little over 800 by the end of the day.

HH hope the HS family visit goes well this afternoon – hard for them to manage at this time of year, I’m guessing.

Annbelle – love the ida of the class, but definitely they need to re-think how it runs!

Mx

Hi all!
    Sorry I’m so absent! Life is very busy and I feel like time is just rushing by.
    It’s a FD for me today – think I’ll be having lots of homemade broccoli soup after work tonight.
    It’s funny as I always hated fasting in the past but honestly I’m almost enjoying it this time round. told a friend of mine who I last saw about three weeks ago I’d been fasting and feeling a bit trimmer, and he said he’d noticed when I walked in. Hard to say if he’s just saying it to be nice but I’ll take it! Haha!
    Hope all is well, FD or otherwise, for you all x

Afternoon All..
    I am not keen on these short days and they will get shorter…seems not to be able to pack all your things you have to do..in.

A whiskey and brandy to top up the cupboard for Christmas and Christmas cards bought, a few missing to get yet.

A long flight for the family, they are on their last hour, they set off as we went to bed last night.

Hedgehog..
    Shame the HS family are ill yet again. Doing your duty on the accident, when we saw our accident no one contacted us…… Poor Xena she will wonder what all the noise is about…

Dave..
    Good idea on the chocolate…hope the Spanish lesson goes well..

Annabelle..
    It’s a shame when one person takes over the class, hoping next time it goes better….you are pushing lots of exercise in well done..

Minols..
    Hope your calories come out good after the out of date mishaps…

Endellion..
    Nice to have a notice from someone…take it as it’s given….good you are busy….

A cuppa now then walking again, just saying to Steve, it was lovely in the summer when you could walk out at 7pm..

Jean x

Back from fitness class,you could easily make a good sitcom out of our class, I can imagine it now,Our instructor is American so we have a go at her when she says certain words wrong😆.There us a bloke called Waheed he dosent know his left foot from his right😀.The one who is next to me tells her he is called caserole (Stuart,Stew).Think it’s a low day today probably under half my TDEE.She is talking about us all going out for a meal in a pub for Christmas.

Evening!
    Dave- I like the sound of your class too! She probably hasn’t got a clue about the casserole/ stew joke- US casseroles are nothing like ours, more of a bake, no gravy! I’m doing stew for my lot tonight, one likes crispy top dumplings, the others like soggy 😬
    Endellion- great to have someone notice when you’ve lost a bit! Have you weighed yet, was it you who was waiting until you see the parents?
    Jean- I’m really noticing having to watch the clock & squeeze everything in too- Xena needs a run, she doesn’t really enjoy just a walk round the streets, so no point going out in the dark…I guess Charlie is much the same? Sounds like you’re getting organised for Christmas, I need to think about making a cake…
    Minols- hope you’ve had time to re-stock your fridge! & hope the teeth get better too.
    Mel- hope you’re enjoying the time with friends!
    Nana- was it a good day out in Bury?
    Cakey, Kay- you’ve both gone quiet again!
    Kept busy with cleaning this afternoon, & took Xena to the park- dry weather 2 days in a row!! Have done okay with the cals, but both boys have brought food home & left it about to tempt me 😞😬 eldest has brought most of a chocolate cake home- he met his girlfriend’s parents while he was away & her mum made him a sugar free cake specially! Youngest has brought home chocolate donuts & Dairy Milk! It’s too much!

Evening everyone,
    Am shattered from my trip to Bury – but I’ve now finished my Christmas shopping. We met up with my cousin today and had lunch with her but made a good choice so hopefully not to many calories consumed today. Ely tomorrow as usual.
    Minols hope your sore mouth is improving for you.
    Hedgehogs and Jean my daughter is also finding it difficult to get Poppys walks in during the daylight hours as she works different shifts.
    Nana x

Viewing 50 posts - 24,451 through 24,500 (of 35,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply.