Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,907 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 6 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,351 through 24,400 (of 35,393 total)

• Evening everyone,
    Have had a lazy day not doing much at all apart from going to the remembrance service held by our village sign as we don’t have a memorial this afternoon – for a small village it was a good turn out.
    Low day eating-wise had sausage casserole and mash for our evening meal.
    Not much planned for this week for a change apart from our usual Wednesday lunch and Thursday trip to Ely.
    Nana x

Poor Mum was really down, crying & shuffling about 😢. But has now decided she’d like a cake- partly because my brother actually might pop in so he’ll want some 😬- so made a sponge along with the roast, after we got back from walking Xena…a bit weary now!
    Having a few days off from keto, so had a roast potato & yorkshire, nice for a change but don’t miss them much! Had parsnips & squash- those I do miss! (& some chocolate tonight, I am feeling the need!)

Don’t mention chocolate on here,I have a bag full of malteser buttons,they are new I think,also got a bag of Sainsbury’s Carmel’s and chocolate eclairs.Saving them for Christmas.Ahhhhhhhhh Denise has just opened a box of malteasers.I will have an orange 😇😇😇.

Morning All…
    Early walk back to clean up, just down stairs, Steves has already started…then a late shower…try and clean his head up without the bleeding re starting…

We are fasting today…

Nana…
    Lovely it was a good turn out at church, sad time…

Hedgehog..
    Nice to have a few days off keto, a kick start when you go back on it…shame on Mum, bucks up when son is coming but he does not do a lot for her it’s usually the case….
    I felt the need last night too, a bag of chocolate buttons each….

Charlie very cold when we returned from his walk, I forgot to put his coat on, I didn’t think it was that cold, his teeth was chattering, PJs went on!

Dave..
    You had a chocolate time too 😂

Well I will push on and keep busy…

Jean x

No Jean I resisted the choccy 😇,it’s six weeks on Wednesday to Christmas so I will try and resist the chocolate until Christmas Eve.Then I will make a pig of myself🐽🐽🐽.I will buy some choccy nearer the time.Fast day today and gym I was up until 3am again this morning 💤💤💤. Fireworks are still going of when it goes dark.Weather forecast today is a bit warmer 7°C with showers,roll on spring.

HI everyone
    Just done a quick scan catch up – lots of weight-loss which is brilliant, and Charlie doin gwell and re-growing his coat – excellent, and some other coats bought for humans cos we’re not waterproof – brilliant!

The car show was a whole lot bigger than I’d anticipated…I was encouraging the boy to take lots of photos of beautiful shiney cars, takin gour time, thinking ‘we drove 6 hours, we’re NOT leaving after just 2’…and then when we took a break for sustenance, the OH said we needed to move faster cos there were another 5 halls of car-related stuff! And it was mobbed!

Oh well, I’ve done my bit, and I did enjoy it…just not as much as some members of my close family!

So now I’m attempting a FD. I’ve just had a wee tub of leftover cauli/haricot/cheesey mash to warm me up cos the office in taking an age to come up to temperature, and I’m going to distract myself by writing a blessing for a couple wanting to celebrate their anniversary at the end of the month, and then I’ll write the sermons to get me as far as part way through December. The diary is filling up like crazy and if I don’t have some things ‘in the bag’ by the end of the week you may as well roast me 6 weeks on Wednesday (thanks for the reminder, Dave – grrr!), cos I’ll be stuffed!

Mx

Hi all. Still doing ADF so that is three FDs under my belt. Got friends coming Friday then they go Wednesday and we also go down to Kent again for a friend’s mum’ funeral. She was a very old lady with dementia. We have known her for years. Will stay a couple of days so a no fasting time coming up. Hence doing B2B today and tomorrow, NFD Wednesday then another FD on Thursday. That’s the plan anyway! Not over enthusiastic. I can’t get warm.
    Poor Charlie getting cold. Jodie never seems to feel the cold although we keep her fur short. Our last standard poodle didn’t either. Must be in the breeds.

Dave..
    Well done on resisting chocolate….I actually bought the buttons it wasn’t from my Xmas stash…not good on a pre fast day 😬

Minols…
    Lovely you all loved the car show, it seemed rather large to go around..I suppose a bit like the caravan shows….they go on and on…then you are shattered…still we are older 😂

Is it only 6 weeks to Christmas…..hoping you catch up with yourself so you can start relaxing if that’s possible for you..all the children concerts to visit and look forward too..

Mel..
    Well done on keeping AFD up, it’s hard going…then a few day off while you are away, funeral not good and will be sad……
    I am watching Charlie closely, I think the bumps are coming back 😬…antibiotics have finished and he’s on a lower dose of steroids……we are going to drastically cut his menu down in case it’s food, poor boy…no tit bits, Steve is under orders!!

Cleaning finished, a bit of a clean down and wiping the cupboard doors in kitchen but I do that as I go…hair blow then I can sit until walk again…

Had a touch more breakfast than I normally do on a FD, run out of berries, keep it low tonight..

Jean x

Just got soaked on our walk, Heidi has thick fur so she doesn’t get cold, although the amount of fur I got off her she could be feeling a little cold.Its minus 30 in some parts of Europe so hope it stays there.Flood warnings here but I will be safe.SIX WEEKS MINOLS,👀👀,so get cracking😁

Hi everyone and happy Monday! Hope you all had lovely weekends!
    For those asking about my work, I do all sorts of jobs – I’m officially self employed and am on lots of agencies’ books. Then I just pick and choose the individual jobs which sound fun and are better paid!
    One agency I work with a lot does high-end parties for very wealthy clients – think million-pound budgets, royalty and celebrity guests… with me in a team of hostesses greeting everyone, or waiting food/drinks in perfect formation. As you can imagine the food is INSANELY delicious and there’s always an extortionate amount back of house for us to eat or take home!
    This weekend I was at a film producer’s house for his 60th birthday and enjoyed leftover steak and dessert, but wasn’t stuffed, so I’m quite pleased with that.

Today is a fast day for me. I’ve just been to the gym and will have my meal soon, of baked beans, toast and loads of grilled veggies. Then work, although nothing glamorous today – I do the odd shift in a bar five minutes’ from where I live.

x

I am cream crackered done the gym then in Tesco for a quick shop then took Heidi out and got soaked again.No food so far so doing well.

Evening!
    Minols- car show sounds like my hubby’s idea of a good trip, not mine 😉, glad you had a break together though…hope you can get lots of quality work done- cold is supposed to be good for the brain to work!
    Dave- 👏with resisting chocolate! Poor you with more rain, we’ve all had enough now…
    Jean- hope your FDs gone okay. I hope Charlie’s hives don’t come back…are you still giving him gravy? That used to really make Josie itch, she ended up on just hypoallergenic food & chicken.
    Endellion- sounds like great work! Not at all good for the waistline though!
    Mel- well done B2B FDs! I always get cold on FDs too. Nice to have a trip away again, but not nice for a funeral.
    Nana- hope you’ve had a good day!
    Kay & Cakey as well…
    A very muddy wet walk with Xena early this morning- saw one of the ladies who Xena’s stayed with this morning but kept away, she’s being weird & barking at people on walks at the moment so didn’t want her barking at Cass! Went shopping, then saw mum this afternoon for her ‘not to be celebrated’ birthday. Did get her flowers which she was pleased with though. The cake I made was really good although it looked a bit thrown together! Then walk 2 with Xena, she had a great game with a puppy & her ball- a red setter poodle cross, she’s gorgeous! Very cold now though. Easy dinner for the boys tonight, I might have soup. Will go back to keto tomorrow, not sure about a FD, a bit of a stressful week…

Evening All…
    Just had a pork sandwich tonight not very FD but will do…so cold out, not many people about. Finished my housework and sorted a few cupboards out..charity shop for some diet books and recipe books, saved a few but everything is on line now I never use them..
    So a place found for my walking shoes and washing bowl for Charlie’s feet in a cupboard, making the place look tidier…I would love a boot room it’s on my list if I win the lottery 😂

Endellion..
    All looks exciting for you in your job, pick and choose what you want..as you say some temptation on food…enjoy your work night at the pub.

Dave..
    Rest up, hope you are not aching too much tomorrow.

Hedgehog…
    No gravy for Charlie he can’t have it. I am giving him his kibble and sausage for treats..kibble ( which is sensitive white fish and sweet potato) and a small bit of fresh white fish and fresh veg to tempt him for the next two weeks see how we go….he’s not happy he likes tit bits….it’s a hard one for your Mum, you don’t know which way to go…nice Xena found someone to play with no one out for us tonight, so very cold but dry.

Jean x

Felt very low and unmotivated today. Wasted it really. Reading the new Philip Pullman book, The Secret Commonwealth and have read a lot today. Paul took Jodie out and I showered her when she came back. She wouldn’t cooperate having her legs dried and I got impatient with her. Felt bad and cried into her fur. She just wagged at me. ☹️

Not had anyone canvasing yet for the election,it’s always Labour that wins here,but it will be interesting this time, I expect they will still win but could lose a few votes.

Mel..
    Sorry you are feeling low hoping you feel better after a good sleep…we all get those days the weather isn’t helping and the coming of dark nights…Jodie will know your feelings she will be by your side tail wagging..

Xx

Dave..
    Only had conservative leaflet so far..
    X

No leaflets for us…never anyone canvassing, would love it if they did, I’d sort them out 😂. Conservatives always win here.
    Mel- hope you get some sunshine to lift your mood…we feel worse than the dogs do if we’re snappy, Jodie will forgive you!
    Xena is being very silly- son gave her an old pair of PJs & she won’t let anyone near them, she half wants to play & half wants to protect them. She is so weird!

Yes I want to have a go at the politicians if they come to my door.

Hello

Sending best wishes Mel, sometimes these feelings appear from nowhere and overwhelm us, but our dogs’ love us all the same. Enjoy Jodie cuddles.

Hope your mum is ok Hh; an emotional week for her and for you too. Xena is a funny little soul. My woof loves his toys and runs to his toy box over and over, choosing a toy and bringing it like a present then runs back for another. He’s busy sitting outside at the minute, in the freezing rain, on the cold wet grass and he won’t come in. He just doesn’t feel the cold.

Ran my first full 5km yesterday, I know I can run 30 mins but my pace is so slow I’d never got near the 5km so yesterday I decided to try and keep going. As slow as a snail but jut 5km in 46 mins. Now to build up my speed and stamina.

Water weight seems to have disappeared in the last 2 days so back to my starting point and hoping to start chipping away. Easy tea of cold chicken (from yesterday’s roast) and chips, but I managed to burn the chips!!!

Sticky toffee date cake tastes lovely but a bit ‘wet’ maybe needed a bit longer in the oven.

Sounds like you’ve got a good plan to get ahead of yourself for Christmas Minols, hope you can enjoy the season and it doesn’t pass by in a whirlwind of services.

No canvassing here; strong labour area here too Dave, so be interesting to see if that changes at all this year.

Hope Charlie’s bumps aren’t coming back. Must be so frustrating not knowing what’s causing it. It’s a shame we can’t all meet up on the beach with our pups, they’d have a marvellous time as they all seem very sociable with other dogs.

Your job sounds hard work but fun and varied Endillion, thank you for sharing.

Hello too to Kay, Nana and Annabel too

CW

Heidi would be in her element meeting up with other dogs,she loves meeting them.Cold wet and miserable here, I am feeling very naughty, could just eat a big slice of cake.Non in the house so should be safe.Chocolate in cupboard is tempting but must resist.

Feeling a bit ashamed of myself really. Got nothing to complain about. I suppose I have been thinking of how we usually go away for about seven weeks to the sunshine but can’t this time. Must put it from my mind, we will do stuff here, Scotland maybe. Should be fun in February!
    Charlie has some good food off you Jean! Can’t get Jodie to touch a vegetable.
    Cakey, well done on the running. Something I never got on with, haven’t got the knees for it!
    HH yes, you can’t say Xena is a boring dog! 😂
    No canvassing in our village thank goodness, they would not want to meet Paul! Very conservative round here I think.
    With you on the cake Dave but I have managed to come in under 800 cals. Will pull my socks up tomorrow. Will take J for a long walk in the morning as rain expected pm. Another FD800 too.
    Thanks for kind the kind comments. Appreciated!
    Hi to everyone else. Good luck any fasters tomorrow.

Must be the weather or something in the water Mel as I have been low and unmotivated these last couple of days!

Neil has been full of cold since yesterday and today I have felt rough again so we have done nothing on our time off together 😕
    Both back to work tomorrow.

I need to get myself back on track eating wise. Ive eaten far too much bad stuff over the weekend. FD tomorrow.

Well done to those who lost weight last week! I stayed the same…well it was down about half a pound but I only count it if the big number moves!!

I can hear the rain again….surely this cant keep on 😭

Minols, hope you can crack on with your plan, so its more enjoyable than frantic! Car show sounded fab!

Jean, I really hope Charlie doesnt go backwards again. Trying to eliminate possible food triggers is definitely a good thing. Find some replacement titbits you can give him, so he still has treats.

HH, not easy for you at the moment with your mum.
    How do you feel after a few days non keto? Can you tell the difference? I guess if you do, you will be looking forward to getting back on it.

Endellion, your work sounds great. At least you get variety too. I liked being self employed and picking the jobs I liked the sound of!

Dave, you are very strong in resisting temptation! I bought some choccie and biscuits the other day and I cant leave them alone! I wont buy any more til the week before christmas.
    No canvasing here either. Awaiting my postal vote.

CW, well done on running 5k! It doesnt matter how long it takes, its about time on your feet. Im going to have to do something, either running or cycling….need to get myself a bit more healthier and fitter.

Nana and Annabelle, hope you are both ok.

Kay x

Morning All..
    Damp morning, walking soon as rain will stop and call at cafe….

No wonder everyone is feeling down with the weather, dark days too…

Hedgehog..
    She is a funny onion Xena…I wonder why pyjamas lol…Conservative is a safe seat here too..

Cakey..
    I think your run time is good..you finish, you have a time you can improve on if you want too…
    Charlie’s head bumps have gone??…tracking his food now…still shall we say he had a bit of everything what was going the other day, when we think back 😬..no snacks in the day for us then we don’t feel guilty 😂

It would be lovely to get all us and the dogs together..it would be fun…

Dave…
    Keep strong….

Mel..
    I am sure you will do something, Scotland in February would be different….☃️..hope you are feeling better today…I miss the caravan over the next few months too….

Kay..
    Shame on your time off together to get ill..hope you soon feel better…my sister is full of cold I was going to see her but don’t want to bring it back to Steve, so I will wait a week….Half a pound down is better than nothing you may find the other half this week…
    Charlie’s treats are now 2 sausages cut small and a big hand full of his kibble, all together in a bag, they stink but he loves them lasts about three days, just take a small portion out with us. (Damp kibble smell of fish and sausage)

Hope everyone else is fine…

Jean x

Morning all. Having a quiet start to my day before physio.

CW – very impressed with the 5k!well done. When I got to 30mins earlier in the year I tried to figure out how to get to 5k.but then I hurt my back doing something else, stopped running for 2 months. So now I’m back at the intervals – week 3 of the programme just now and loving being back on it.

Mel – Scotland in Feb is not so very bad (have to say that as I live here!) we often go elsewhere skiing in Feb but all foreign holidays still cancelled cos of the old dog. Don’t regret it, though. I think we might take him over to the hebridea again in The Feb break – I want to see what the islands are really like in winter so I can decide whether to indulge or knock on the head the dream of retiring there!

HH – hope your mum is feeling brighter as the week goes on, although I know these things can go hour by hour – even minute by minute.

OUR young dog (old hands will remember he died a couple of years ago) although his nickname was the wee sh#*e because he was trouble on 4 legs was also brilliant when I took a fit of the wee pies – always came and snuggled in, nuzzled my neck and quivered his tail. – old dog is fab but not intuitive when it comes to emotional women! Jodie sounds a darling.

Anyway… Hope everyone manages to achieve the or goals today – or at least has enough good to make us each ☺ smile.

Mx

I almost stayed strong,had toast👺. Today we are going to the bowling club for a Spanish taster lessons,it goes on for four weeks,just a few phrases that will be useful in a Spanish speaking country.Then off to Sainsbury’s for shopping, tomorrow I am having my eyes tested,I usually go to a private opticians but he has retired so going to Boots,while I am there Denise is going to book a week in Lanzarote in March,pity it’s not sooner.Time to take Heidi out before the rain comes again.

Hallo everyone.
    Went out to lunch on Sunday and made a bad choice of dessert, pavlova. Ate it but felt decidedly sick of the sugary taste afterwards. Learning curve, won’t be ordering that again.
    Back on the regime with fd yesterday, didn’t quite make the 800 and went slightly over but had been to the gym that morning.
    Aqua exercise class this morning and planning another fd as in London tomorrow. Going to a matinee of The Book of Mormon but will be eating afterwards. Will try not to sabotage good work. Unfortunately will have to miss my circuits class on Wednesday evening as I will not get home until about 9pm.
    A lovely bright if chilly sunny day here so have changed beds and put washing out.
    Hope we all manage to have a successful day and achieve any goals set.
    Annabelle

Good walk nice park cafe stop, coffee, toasted tea cake and homemade shortbread cookie, it’s a while since we have been…no lunch today..

Minols..
    I like the idea of smiling today 😊…it makes you feel better…we have been smiling a bit this morning, chatting on our walk to different people….us Yorkshire folks are friendly talk to anyone, even if they don’t want too 😂 getting Steve into our way of life….. now down to some clearing out to charity shops!

Dave..
    Enjoy your Spanish lesson, I like to see the holiday booked and then you can practice 😂…we have a dry bit later for pm walk…a dry walk this morning as we went a bit later…

Hedgehog..
    Hope all is ok this morning..mum etc…or are you working…

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Jean- fingers crossed for those hives to keep away. Shame you couldn’t see your sister- or maybe not 😉
    Kay- shame you’ve been ill, hope your better soon. I do feel better on keto, more energy & less aches!
    Dave- toast is hard to resist! Enjoy the Spanish class!
    Minols- hope your physio goes okay. I dream of living somewhere wild in Scotland too, but I don’t think I could cope with the winters! My friend & her family moved here from Aberdeenshire, it looks so beautiful but they’d had enough of the weather!
    Cakey- could never imagine doing 5k so well done you! Would be lovely to get all the dogs together, would have to drug Xena for the car journey 😂
    Mel- glad you’re feeling better today, I’d miss a sunny break of 7 weeks too! Hope your FD goes well.
    Annabelle- ooh, I love pavlova! Have a great time in London!
    Nana- hope your FDs this week go well.
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone!
    Lovely start to the day with a chilly walk & games at the park with some different dogs, & dog training was fun, 7 dogs, Xena was pretty good. Not fasting today, cooking for the boys! Back on keto though…

Annabelle never think I’ve been to the gym so that’s more calories for me to eat,just forget about whatever you have burned doing exercises,they are just a managed to get a walk in with Heidi and no rain, shopping done,not a fast day today.

Hola, las clases de español van bien como puedes ver.

Annabelle..
    I just love pavlovas not a bad choice, I make a special chocolate trifle for Xmas day using egg yolks, the whites make a lovely pavlova for Boxing Day..

Enjoy your London trip…you are busy with lots of exercise ..well done..

Hedgehog..
    My sister is not too bad at the moment, she has three years of being strange then she’s all over me like a rash ..been like it all of my life, just hard while she goes through it and passes…families!

Charlie wasn’t happy at the cafe, no titbits!! Just stinky kibble and sausage 😂..he would prefer what we had. You had a good morning with Xena…looking dark here…

Dave..
    Good class well done…your holiday booked?

Jean x

Booking holiday tomorrow while I have my eyes tested, Denise is doing it.We learned a few bits of Spanish,like good morning, afternoon and evening.A few other phrases and numbers 1-5.You learn parrot fashion then you have to ask someone what there name is and they will ask you what yours is.

The Christmas tree is up in Sainsbury’s 😩😮😜😵

Goodness!

Asda one was going up yesterday…but worse, hubby is winding me up & keeps putting Christmas music on! 😬😬😬 I need to take the remote away…
    Mum a little better- one of her friends has broken her arm so Mum’s going round to help her out. 1st dinner sitting done, round 2 soon.

Hope you have a Silent Night HH😮

Hapedgehog and Dave..
    Behave …you are making me laugh…Minols wanted us all smiling..

X

Evening everyone,
    Managed a fast day today as husband is poorly with a nasty chesty cough and not wanting to eat much. He’s booked in at the Drs tomorrow at my insistence as if I don’t nag him he wouldn’t go but as he’s asthmatic it’s not wise to let it go on to long.
    Weather has been miserable here today rainy and so dull.
    Love reading all of your doggy stories – makes we tempted to get another one but our lifestyle at the moment wouldn’t work with a dog.
    Dave hope you get the holiday booked tomorrow always nice to have a holiday to look forward to.
    Quite a few Christmas trees about in Norwich shops last week but not much Christmas music being played.
    Jean fingers crossed Charlies skin complaint doesn’t flare up anymore.
    Hedgehogs glad your mum is not so down. Is Xena still guarding the pyjamas?
    Hope everyone else has had a good day whether fasting or not.
    Nana x

Morning All…
    A bit later walk as we are going out and the boy can go to sleep…..looks bright and cold…

A few bits to buy two small dinner plates, navy over trousers, Charlie blanket, Charlie jumper to go under his coat he is so cold, thinking of a polo jumper for me not had one in absolute years may need it when walking…see how we go..

Nana..
    Hope doctor will give something for your hubby and he soon feels better, although they not happy now to give antibiotics out.
    Charlie does seem a lot better, his ‘bumps’ are more were the hair follicles are damaged and raised but no bump..he is smelling much better too…..he’s is upset on no tit bits, that’s really hard as he has a bit of everything even bed time drop of milk!..we must be strong and give it a bit of time and off his steroids, now on his last week but dose is yet lower.
    I haven’t seen any Xmas trees yet it proves I don’t do shopping, maybe today…

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Nana- I hope that your hubby can get some medication & feel better soon…Maybe you need to have Poppy again? There’s a website called borrow my doggy, you have people’s dogs while they’re away, my friend did that sometimes as they can’t commit to a dog.
    Jean- poor Charlie, getting cold! Hope you can find what you need! Milk should be a no-no for him with his waterworks shouldn’t it? It can cause calcium stones in dogs.
    Hope everyone has a good day!
    Shorter walk than usual with Xena, they were shooting on the heath 😬 Seeing my Homestart family later, they’re finally better!

Hi all, managed yesterday’s FD800 by the skin of my teeth. Took Jodie out pm as forecast said no rain. Ha ha, got soaked. Wind bitter and mud up to my eyebrows. Got home feeling hangry (love that word) and stuffed in five Nairn chocolate oatcakes. Was eyeing up the bread and butter but resisted. Had my planned dinner and avoided diving into a vat of wine so came up at 825. Dinner out tonight so NFD then another FD tomorrow before friends arrive Friday.

I haven’t seen any Christmas decorations or songs yet either but I don’t go shopping unless I have to. Before retirement we had a retail business and it was our rule, nothing Christmassy before 1st December. Standing in the shop listening to Slade etc for eight hours a day is something I do not miss!

I have heard milk is not good for dogs too but our last one had a drop every day. Mind you he had a lot of things then because you never heard of anything being bad. At that time we had a B&B and he loved tomato skins! He also had a bit of gravy on his dinner which is apparently really bad because of the salt.

Nana, hope Mr Nana is better soon. Miserable for him, (and you!)

Hi to everyone else and Hola to Dave. Limit of my Spanish.

Son has to wear his festive menu promotion Tshirt today onwards at Subway, & their menu starts today…talk about bad for the environment- he has a pile of promotional shirts at home, they bring out new ones every few months, just worn for a couple of weeks & then binned, can you imagine how many employees that must be, 2 shirts each?!

Hola, Buenos tardes,had my eyes tested.The optician said I was still ok to drive using my present glasses,my left eye is starting to form a cataract which I already knew so I decided to have some new specks.I have varifocal glasses so got them again and they now work inside the car which is a big bonus.Got a discount on the frames so these cost £200 less than my present ones.

Afternoon…
    Shopping was a success, plates, Charlie blanket, over trousers and socks for me…no jumper they didn’t look very warm.

Hedgehog..
    Milk was on the list he could have with low purines, he only has a small bit but looking further into it maybe not..I shall ask questions on the Dally site, we was thinking of Lactose free milk but I don’t know much about that…he is off all these at the moment but thanks for pointing it out. I don’t know as much as all you long time dog owners, any help I am grateful.
    Have a good HS now they are all better…

Mel..
    Things seem so bad these days for dogs but when I lived at home when I was small my dog ate everything what was going including a bar of chocolate a day which he brought home from the shops…
    Shame on the wet walk hate it when you get caught out…well done keeping to the calories….

Dave..
    A good deal with your glasses mine were £500 far too much..maybe I should try Boots…I have a cataract forming too in one eye…

Bright sky here but seems dark…

Jean x

Back from gym,knee is very sore now.She asked me to cross my right ankle over my left but I couldn’t,she said why because I am in this group because of my heart attack, I said I need two knee replacements so she understands now.I have had dogs for over 45years and have never give them milk.The vet told my daughter not to give milk to her cats which I thought was ok.My glasses cost £350 so very happy with them.They have transitions lens and they actually work inside the car which my present ones don’t.I went for the dearest options and got a years protection so all in all a good deal.

Hedgehog…
    Rattled the cage a bit 😂…Mixed views on milk some say yes small amounts, others say use goats milk or lactose free milk, someone suggested freezing goats or lactose free into ice cubes and use it that way instead of wasting it….

We are being strict at the moment but maybe use the alternative when he can…he loves a bit at bedtime as we have a glass, we spoil him…wrongly.

Dave..
    When Symba our cat was dying all she wanted was milk and no food, apparently it’s a sign, we gave it to her….
    Good deal on your glasses…

Kitchen closed ….we are fasting now….

Jean x

Evening everyone,
    Husband has a bad chest infection and has been given antibiotics and a different type of inhaler. Ha to go back to Drs Friday for a check on how he’s doing. Thank you all for your kind wishes for him.
    A nfd today but came in well under my tdee.
    Just been chatting to daughter on the phone and could hear Poppy really barking in the background – daughter said her hackles were up and she was also growling at their back garden gate. Think if anyone was lurking about they’d think twice about trying to get in the garden.
    Ely on my own tomorrow 😕 as my sister won’t be able to meet up with me.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Nana x

My grandma’s dog used to have a cup of tea😄,I tried it on my last dog but he wouldn’t have it,I did put some milk in then he had it😜😀, didn’t give it to him again though.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,351 through 24,400 (of 35,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply.