Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 13 hours, 51 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 24,101 through 24,150 (of 35,381 total)

• Lost the hockey ,got to bed at 2;45am.Typical the weather in Leicester is not looking good bur still driving down there,i called my mate and said i will pick him up at 2:30pm.Going early to try and avoid the rush hour.Not a FD today but will try and do another tomorrow.No chocolate diet this week.

Evening everyone,
    Not to bad a day eating wise – no breakfast jacket potato with beans and cheese for lunch plus shared a bottle of prosecco with my friend. Don’t usually have anything else to eat but felt so cold when we got in from cycling home that I gave in and had some soup and toast.
    Jean glad Steves breathing is getting better.When our daughter was with her ex we hardly ever saw or spoke to her and our grandsons as he was a very controlling type of person but she couldn’t see it herself and if we went to visit he never made us feel welcome. New son in law is the total opposite and calls us every day for a chat and to make sure we’re both okay.
    Kay our daughter’s work hours are 24 per week and she said that they’re ideal as it fits in with looking after Poppy and keeping on top of the housework – note Poppy comes first 😉
    Mel kitchen sounds like it’s coming along nicely and it’s your choice of kitchen worktop at the end of day not the kitchen man.
    Hedgehogs and Minols hope you’re both feeling a bit better now.
    Ely tomorrow but no pub meal in the evening as it’s open mic night something oh is not into so hoping to make it a FD failing that a low calorie day.
    Dave hope your trip was worth it.
    Nana x

Jean- so sad about your daughter & SIL, Charlie is such a sweetie & not scary at all! I would guess that maybe daughter’s got her hands full with school so not so much time? But you could’ve done with more support this summer…
    Mel- glad that your kitchen is nearly done! Is the worktop a sparkly one? Hope you survive this 1st FD!
    Dave- hope you’re okay?
    Kay- hope you can get your eyes tested soon & all okay…
    Nana- how was your day?
    Didn’t keep very low, there was a peanut butter incident😱😂 had a good visit with my family, feel like I can be helpful…one dry walk with Xena & one wet one! Eldest is home, he has met a girl he likes- in Southampton! We despair, him & his long distance relationships! He’s also bought more clothes, there is no room in his wardrobe as it is, he has so many!

Evening All…
    Just realised the clocks are going back this weekend..going to be fun walking out..I have my torch ready and Charlie’s lights too…we are going away in the caravan on Monday back Friday, make the most before the ice and snow arrives.
    Steves daughter may come up tomorrow to stay over, if she does we will fast Friday ..

Dave..
    Enjoy your day at Leicester, hope the weathers is better than you think.

Nana..
    I hope my daughter sees the light one day…she is busy with school and it’s a bit heavy with a suspension and a court case ..SIL gives no support of her job at all never talks about it, just what he does. Must admit she was quite chatty tonight on phone.
    Nice your daughters hours are good and Poppy comes first we are all as bad in that direction spoil them to bits. Lovely to have a considerate SIL.

Hedgehog..
    I am sure things will sort itself out, I feel just sad at the moment in that direction…

How does your son find these girls at a distance 😂..maybe he likes some time on his own…nice to be helpful with your HS family…

Jean x

Nana & Dave- sorry posts crossed so I missed yours! I was half watching TV so took ages to type 😂
    Dave- hope you do have a good evening & safe journey…
    Nana- sounds like another good day, well done with the cycling! Your SIL sounds lovely!
    Jean- not looking forward to the clocks changing either- we’re usually out at 5ish in the evening with Xena, won’t be doing that next week! Although they do glow in the dark balls & collars now…
    Son met his girlfriend when he was down in Southampton visiting a friend, he has been on tinder too & you can look any area on that (apparently!). He’s come off tinder now, so it seems this is going to be a steady concern…
    I’ll be fasting tomorrow, see who joins me!

Im fasting tomorrow with you HH and Jean and Steve might join us unless Steves daughter visits.

Mel, glad you are back home and the kitchen is well on its way. You will be back into routine soon.

Minols, hope your headache soon went and you only had small piece of cake this morning.

Dave, how was your afternoon?

HH, you finally got to see your HS family, what age are the children? Oh dear, your son does like a complicated life..lol!

Nana, Im happy with the hours, so when we eventually get a furry friend, I will be at home a fair bit. For now though, any extra hours are helpful.

Jean, I can imagine Charlie in his pjs, bless him! Hope the shampoo continues to work so you dont have to continue for too long. The clock change will be interesting next week, see if he goes by darkness or not!

Eaten way too much today 🙄
    Neil has put on a few pounds but theres still not much of him! He has noticed and wants to exercise more but doesnt want to cut back on the bad stuff. Sadly my willpower is rubbish so when he brings out a bowl of snacks I dive in!
    I need to break that habit somehow…

Right need to charge phone and will have a read before sleep x

Just got home from Leicester,sick if closed roads and traffic lights,ended got Ng through Sheffield and Huddersfield via Oldham to get home because of road works ☹️☹️☹️. Quick cuppa then bed

Morning!
    Dave- ugh, sounds like an awful journey, did your team win after all that?
    Kay- it’s so hard when others are eating, I know how you feel! This HS family have 4 boys- 6,4,3 & 8 months! The eldest has some issues, very behind at school, 2 middle ones have severe autism & don’t talk at all, & the baby has delayed development too…so mum definitely has her hands full!
    Jean- is Charlie okay having his PJs put on?! Good the new shampoo has helped! Xena seems to be getting quite itchy, & she nibbles at her paws alot, she’s not far off getting bald patches 😬. A bit worrying as Josie had allergies & was very itchy, hers was down to food, & she was on medication for a while- don’t want to start that with Xena…
    Now son’s back to work he’s up at 6am, so I got woken up then too, not good to have an extra long FD, & we have a quiet day too, will have to keep busy with jobs!
    Hope everyone has a good day, fadting or not?

Good FD yesterday (700 cals) so back in the swing.
    Dogs – there is always something! Jodies eyes have had green goo in, been bathing them and it now seems to have cleared up. Got very crusty.
    HH – there is a bit of sparkle to the worktops! The rest of the kitchen is very mat including the floor tiles so it doesn’t look over the top. I am not a blingy person really. It is a light grey colour so the sparkly mirror bits don’t shout at you.
    Reading about your HS family, I can’t begin to know how mum copes.
    Lastly I have had many peanut butter incidents too. I don’t keep it in the house now, so only succumb when I find it in other people’s houses!
    To those fasting today, have a good one. Must admit I am really hungry after just my soups yesterday. Think I need a bit of protein on FDs as I don’t usually feel this hungry afterwards.

Mel- well done for yesterday! Glad I’m not the only peanut butter addict😂 work top sounds lovely!
    Glad Jodie’s eyes are better!
    Miserable, grey & drizzly here- back from an eventful walk with Xena, something really scared her in the woods, she wouldn’t even come to me until we got right away. After that she was really jittery & barked at anyone with hats or hoods up! But did talk to a lady who went through a list of loads of things her dog was scared of!

Good afternoon,been to bowling club but no bowlers turned up,sat with the women,had a cuppa with them and a natter, eventually I had a bowl on my own,and I think I have brought half the green home with me on my shoes😚.Done two fast days this week,so although I have not had anything today so far I am having cottage pie for tea,not sure how many calories are in that.

Dave- well done keeping low, & sounds like you’re doing 16:8 as well, that’s supposed to be good!
    Quite hungry but seem to be okay with a drink & 2 squares of chocolate lunchtime at the moment. Was going to make soup but couldn’t be bothered!! (Cut hubby’s hair, washed the floor & did a pile of ironing TBF!)
    Jean- is it a FD or are you seeing Steve’s daughter?

HH mini chocolate diet?I couldn’t have two pieces of chocolate, maybe two bars, preferably large bars,you have got me thinking about chocolate now 😵😫😩😖😷.Resist😇😇.We got slaughtered in the speedway in Leicester,and the return leg tomorrow as been cancelled already, because of the expected rain☔☔☔⛈️⛈️⛈️.

Morning All…
    Just got up so late I had a awful nights sleep, I seemed to be hot and cold…I popped on the scales and I am the same…We have just been told Louise may come Friday!..so no breakfast for me a quick shower and walk…

Hedgehog..
    I dont know how tinder works swiping one way or the other…as long as he’s happy, it’s a long way…I didn’t know Josie had allergies they seem to be very difficult to cure…hope the shampoo helps Charlie…I think it’s for itchy feet too..I will look.
    The mother has her hands full with her children how can you manage with three with difficulties, she definitely needs your help.
    A question as a dog walker…as the weather gets bad…Do we need wellingtons? or No….If so would short calf ones do?…I keep looking and thinking do you really want to wear them….I have got the light for the collar to use.

Kay..
    We are fasting weigh in Friday…my will power is nil if others are eating around me…must send you a picture of Charlie in PJs 😂he snuggles down in them…try and have a good fast day, I haven’t had anything to eat yet..

Dave..
    A nightmare with the roads, it’s happened to me a few times…

Heavy rain now thought it was for tomorrow …

Jean x

Peanut butter incident? Two bars of chocolate incident?
    I just had an oatcake and mouldy cheese incident! But oddly encouraged cos I only had a small piece of toast this morning and it got me through until 2pm…of course being in a good meeting helped distract me, but I’m hoping to fast tomorrow after having kept things reasonably controlled this week.

Just looked out the window and seen the rain… The dog will have to wait now after all!

Doing pan haggerty tonight… One of the hairy biker recipes that feels substantial, but isn’t actually too bad!

Mx

Started writing early and not posted…missed a few of you…

Mel..
    Good you got back in the swing yesterday…your kitchen sounds lovely…I am grey throughout my house now but with lots of cream too…I find it a restful colour…

Charlie had gooey eyes, I bathed them a few times a day for a few days and it cleared up..thank goodness.

Hedgehog..
    Poor Xena, didn’t you find out what she was frightened of, they are funny onions…you cut hubbys hair too, I need new clippers for Steve they are not cutting very good…I am fasting just having a cuppa.

Dave..
    Shame no one turned up at bowling…..enjoy your cottage pie tonight..

Minols..
    Mouldy cheese yucky..what are you like….enjoy your pan haggerty meal tonight…what is it?

Ironing for me now, cooking some minced beef for Charlie for the freezer….I have found a new recipe for lemon squares might make some for tomorrow 😬 I will see…

Jean x

Afternoon!

How are my fellow fasters?!

Im doing ok. The only cals Ive had is a splash of milk in a coffee earlier on. No plan for dinner yet but Im going to be aiming for 500 cals of something! Then back on a fast until tomorrow morning/lunch time.

HH, I like the sound of your Keto salmon in creamy sauce, Im definitely going to try that!

Still sunny here. Not sure when the wind and rain are coming in, soon I think.

Mel, well done on yesterday, already back into it. And Dave too.

Kay x

Feeling peckish now,but even though I it’s not a fast day I won’t have anything to eat. Plenty of tea though. Been out twice with Heidi,she met a little Pug on our travels, stopped and had a play.Got talking to an old lady who laughs when I crossed over to see her, Heidi dosent like walking on the left-hand side of the street and it amused her.

Raining heavy but stopped for our park walk….we are both doing well here we have had about 4 cuppas, Steve had breakfast….hoping to move a pound tomorrow it was looking good this morning…

Kay..
    Well done, salmon sounds good…

Dave..
    Good walks for you too..good day for food for you..

Chicken tonight for us…

Jean x

Just back from a very soggy walk. Rain showed no signs of stopping so I just got the gear on and went. Jean, I find i can’t walk far in wellies. I just wear my walking boots which are Goretex and waterproof trousers. We wear Paramo waterproofs. They are expensive but last for years.
    Well I bit the bullet this morning and weighed myself. Surprised to find that after putting on about 2lb while on holiday and kitchen being done I have lost it again so I am at the low weight I was before. Honestly surprised by this but not complaining. Nine pounds to target!

Our neighbours (friends) brought home a rescue dog today. Tilly, three years old, Staffi/Shar Pei cross. Can’t see much Shar Pei in her to be honest. She has got to get on with Jodie as I think they will need some help with her. We are fairly sure Karen is in the early stages of dementia (she is just 60). Her husband was reluctant to get a dog because of this and we were worried too but she was so desperate for a dog. As he said, her face just lights up when she sees dogs.

Hope everyone has had a good day, looks a lot of willpower and determination going on. Feeling ok for my second FD tomorrow, should I be calling them MFDs (modified)? Seem to be doing ok on up to 800 cals so will stick to that. Don’t always need all the calories but it takes the pressure down I feel. Jean, am I right you still do 500?

Mel..
    I have leather ankle waterproof boots which are so comfy now….just thinking when it’s slushy and snowy….I hate wellies but I have found some Muck Boots for dog walking for arctic conditions, again expensive, thinking do I invest…I must have my feet warm..it’s getting things dry on two walks a day…my over trousers are Rohan, again expensive but excellent…I bought these as waterproof trousers possibly 6 years ago, they were too tight for a while. I now wear them as over trousers over my jeans..that’s weight loss 😂

We are still doing 5.2, I don’t mind being a bit flexible if it goes up to 600 ish but try and keep under. Michael says 800 now as you say it takes the pressure off but I am so used to 500 it seems the right number….I suppose we have been doing it so long I am a bit loose with it….although maintaining a few more pounds would be nice..Steve is wanting 8 lbs off..

Well done on loosing what you have put on that’s really good….I hope Tilly fits in well with your neighbours, lovely if she cheers Karen up it must be hard if she’s starting with dementia….we thought hard about getting Charlie as we are both 70 now, with his previous life, I would hate him having to go to someone else, we need to out live him, I worry about that.. it was hard with Steve in hospital but we managed. I could call on a village dog walker if we had too…they are lovely to have about and talk too…

Have a lovely evening..

Jean x

Mel- well done you 🌟 to have not put on much with all that stress & holiday, & to have lost it already is great!
    Shame about your neighbour & the dementia, but hopefully getting out & about with the dog will keep her active, & meeting other people on a walk…our friends/ neighbours that we saw last week are both having memory problems, I’m sure they’re getting confused with how much & often they feed their dog, she’s sooo fat…Margaret thinks she’s just growing muscles, it’s sad.
    Dave- sorry to mention 🍫! The really strong dark stuff I can just eat a couple of squares of. Does Heidi really prefer the right side of the road?! & graveyards too, they all have their quirks!
    Jean- I will use wellies if it’s really hard rain or snowy, my walking boots aren’t that good so aren’t waterproof, haven’t got waterproof trousers either. It’s getting the dog towels dry I find a pain!
    Kay- well done with your FD, keep strong this evening!
    Minols- yuk, a mouldy cheese incident! Hope the pan haggerty is nice! Well done keeping low today, FD on a Friday, you’re brave!
    Saw mum this afternoon- we played upword, which is a bit like scrabble, I’m sure she kept changing the rules😂
    Dodged the rain to walk Xena, bumped into a lady up the road who Xena adores, she can talk though so were stuck for ages 😂 Dinners done now apart from reheating son’s when he’s home from work. Under 800cals, may not fast tomorrow, Mum’s coming for dinner…

Evening everyone,
    Have had another reasonable day eating wise – not meeting up with our friends tomorrow evening so a FD planned for tomorrow. Weather has been awful today we got soaked walking back from the bus stop this afternoon.
    Sure there’ll be some weight losses reported on here by lots of you tomorrow in addition to those of today.
    Have a good evening
    Nana x

Hello everyone

Busy few weeks with working away and one thing and another. Struggling to fast and at the upper end of my upper range. Home now for a few weeks and hoping to get back to a better rhythm.

Thought I’d wade in to the wellie discussion (is that a pun). Love my wellies and find them easy to pull on during the winter months for walking the golden one but noticed mine have started to split. They were expensive Barbour ones too but I’ve probably had them about 3 years so had my money’s worth, sort of. Hoping a bit of superglue will see me through this winter.

Please send lots of discipline my way, I have no will power where chocolate is concerned. I’ve managed to plan the evening meals before weekly shop for the last couple of months and that’s working well. I just need to stop planning high calorific ones

Still running and going to Pilates and love it. It’s been a bit tricky whilst away but my pals and I are tying to build our stamina back up again. Got new trainers – they are the brightest pink you can imagine. Wondering about joining the gym for the dark nights as don’t feel all that safe.

Hope everyone keeping well, I’ll try and read back some pages to catch up on the craic

CW

Great to see you back CW! Now you’re home, hopefully you can get back on track with us. We all are trying hard to knuckle down to it now.

Wellies….they are good for extreme wet etc but I find that most of the ones you buy now have very little tread pattern on, so not that practical. Plus I dont like walking too far in them.
    I do have a pair of snow boots, I bought them years ago when I had a few skiing holidays. I have used them in rain and mud but I would rather keep them out of the mud now!
    I do keep looking around. I want a wellie/walking boot hybrid…lol

Well I managed my fast, at rough calculation just a tad over 500 cals, so Im happy with that. I think I might go back to the 500 x 2 days a week although I did do ok when I did a spell of 800 days….maybe I could do alternate 800 days, like Mel. Maybe even mix it up of a week of each.

HH, well done on your 800 day. It looks like Mel and Nana are picking up the fasting baton tomorrow. Minols too? Dave?

Mel, sad about your neighbour but nice she has something to focus on and look after.

2 days off now then just in on Sunday and another 2 days off, so an easier stretch now. I don’t reckon I will be doing much tomorrow, well maybe just inside, as the rain has arrived!

Saturday night we are out at the parish hall for a curry and music night and Sunday night we hope to watch the F1 live at the pub. Best keep it low tomorrow…lol!

Kay x

Morning all!
    Cakey- lovely to hear from you again! You’ve done really well keeping up with the exercise given how busy you are…hope you can get back into fasting if you’re at home more! Is hubby’s ankle okay now? & the woof all right, he must be pleased to see you when you get home!
    Nana- hope your FD goes well! More rain for you today!
    Kay- hope you can keep low, enjoy your day off! Curry night sounds good! I seem to have ended up doing 800cal ADF this week, but I do eat alot on the days ‘off’ 😂
    Jean- have a good day with Steve’s daughter! Did you make the lemon squares?
    Dave- was it another late night?
    Minols- hope your FD goes well!
    Mel- same for you if you’re fasting today! How are things going, have you got all the dust sorted yet?
    Just some shopping planned today for us, & getting pork in the slow cooker shortly, pulled pork for them all tonight.

Morning All..

Dry before torrential rain later..

Steve has lost 1 lb..I have stayed the same I think for the 6th week, maintaining I know but thought I might have moved a pound..it seems to be down to loosing 2 oz a week!

Nothing really planned, daughter says Saturday now, we will see…

Thanks for all your thoughts on wellies, looks as if I might need some…

Nana..
    Have a lazy fasting day…

Cakey..
    Always so busy..how you find time for running and palates must be hard…hoping to send you fasting vibes with no chocolate 😂

Kay..
    The Muck Boots have a dog walking boot, lots of 5 stars and comfy, they for horsey mucking out set, warm and some furry inside…I like warm feet..they have walking boots too, not cheap but look good…look on line.

Enjoy your time off although the weather will be appalling today, glad you are getting back in the fasting swing again…enjoy your curry night and F1..

Hedgehog..
    Daughter may come tomorrow but she’s encroaching on my packing time for next week…not holding my breathe….I didn’t do ironing or lemon squares maybe today…I love pulled pork, do you do apple sauce or they may have bbq sauce….I do my apple sauce with dark brown sugar..delicious..then I have the left overs for breakfast….enjoy shopping…park walk for us before a shorter wet walk tonight.

Have a good day all…especially to all the fasters..

Jean x

Morning all,

Rain settled in here and not motivated to do anything just yet, apart from putting a load into the washer!

Jean and HH, did you manage dry dog walks this morning?
    I was lucky as Ellie used to hate the rain and wouldnt go out in it. She would hang on and then suffer the briefest of garden visits!

Well done to Steve on his loss. Jean I would have thought with all your walking you would be losing more than the odd ounce. Maybe you need to shake things up and try something different.
    If Steves daughter does visit tomorrow, I hope you still manage to get some packing done for next week. Where are you heading?

HH, hope you manage to stay dry when you are out shopping. So you are doing AFDs too? Im going to try both ways again and see if there is any difference in how I eat on the NFDs. Probably not!! LOL!

So Ive lost that bouncing back and to pound plus another one, so my 2lbs off see me back down to where I was at the end of last month. Still 6lbs to go until I see the big number change on the scales and as that is roughly my goal weight (with a couple more after that) I know its not going to happen quickly. I can lose it quickly enough as a temporary thing but it just doesnt stay off. I do want to get as low as I can before christmas though as fasting becomes more difficult!

Its going to start getting busy for some people now with commitments but Im going to start planning my week ahead in terms of what Im intending to do fasting wise. Obviously if something crops up, then plans can change but otherwise Im hoping that sharing it on here will give me accountability. Feel free to join me 😊

Off for a coffee and to look at my week ahead and find something nice to do with tuna steaks for dinner x

Kay- well done losing! I’ve done tuna steaks in chilli, coriander & coconut milk, 1st time son loved it, 2nd he said it was different 😬 I’ve done ADF 800cals this week, lost 1lb, not sure whether to do that again next week or bite the bullet & do 5 days on the trot! That usually works well if I can get the willpower! Like you I want to get lower before the seasonal eating starts! Enjoy the rest of your day off! Dog walk & lead training dry so far!
    Jean- ooh a bit annoying visitors not deciding when they’re coming! You’re such an old hand at packing, I’m sure it won’t take long! Well done maintaining, you have had a break away recently so you’ve done well…well done to Steve! I do the pork with a smoked paprika, cumin & brown sugar rub, cooked in cider, they have it with bbq sauce, coleslaw, sweetcorn etc. Not sure I’d fancy apple sauce for breakfast!
    Had a better walk with Xena today! & have done some more lead training, she’s tired now! Did a local Co-op shop- hubby remembered we’ve got divvy vouchers to use so got it free! Have made a sort of moussey cheesecakey thing for keto pud tonight. So not a low day, although I am just having a salad…

Sick of the rain,it’s non stop.I ordered a warm winter coat online and got an email saying it would be delivered on Wednesday,it didn’t come so got another saying it was coming yesterday, I checked the tracking number and it said it had been delivered.I rang the post office but they were closed so I checked the order and for some reason my shipping address was somewhere in Denton which is a mile or two away,I googled the address and it turned out to be Sainsbury’s where I go shopping, absolutely no idea why it went there,I went at 9pm last night and managed to get the coat,for some reason my shipping address on PayPal is Sainsbury’s Denton.I will have to get in touch and change it.The coat is lovely and warm and waterproof,lots of pockets too.Not had anything to eat yet so could be a fast day.Got on the scales and stayed the same, maybe u should revert to the chocolate diet again.

Hi all
    Quick post – shoulder duff… Right arm / hand horribly a hey so resting it as much as possible an relying on left thumb. Fd nearly good! Salad to go.
    Try to keep in touch but won’t be much till arm better.
    Mx

Can anyone tell me how to access recipes on the fast diet site? It’s time I took myself in hand and need some inspiration. I have just over a stone to lose but it is going to be hard work as I have had to take steroids for PMR so any help would be much appreciated.

Annabelle48

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/52
    Keep coming on Annabelle it helps and we are a friendly bunch.

Evening everyone,
    Hope those of us doing a FD have been successful and not found it to hard. Mine was okay I came in at 750 calories – husband made a nice lentil curry as it’s friday which we had with no rice. Very tasty and filling which was just as well as I was very hungry.
    Hedgehogs I did have a nice lazy day – quick visit to our local garden centre this morning. A little bit of housework but not much else.
    Well done to those of you that have had a loss.
    Minols hope the arm improves quickly with the resting.
    Have a good evening everyone.
    Nana x

Thank you very much Brad27. I am out to lunch for the next 2 days, unusual but that’s the way it goes.
    Have had a quick look at the link you sent and plan to make the carrot and lentil soup.
    Thank you fo your support and will be starting Monday. I have a whole week clear at the moment so hopefully a determined start will get the ball rolling. Will let you know how the first week goes.

I have been struggling to go to the toilet so took a laxative but no good ,so the chocolate diet is back,(any excuse) but it usually works 😚😙.Had a low day today until I open the choccy.

Afternoon All…

We managed a dry walk this morning at the park just sat in cafe having just got the coffee..the phone rang and said Where are you..daughter sat outside the house..😬..she gets me so up tight I like to know what’s happening a good job we were local…she did say tomorrow….

They are doing bike things in garage at the moment…

Kay..
    I think my body is happy where it is…I have been at goal for so long now and the last 6 weeks 1lb under goal..I just would like more wriggle room..we will see…

We are taking the caravan to Poolsbrook, a hour away a large country park with lots of walking tracks and lake, fancying going on the canal side were my family used to work the barges in the 1860/1900 c, there is a museum difficult with Charlie…we have been to this site a few times…well done on the 2 lbs off that’s a good amount.

Hedgehog..
    I can pack Sunday now and wash the bedding…the apple that’s tasty I could eat it any time like sweets 😂
    Good luck on the AFDs
    The pork will go down well tonight..sounds good…always good with some free vouchers…

Minols..
    Hope you soon feel better…no excuse for not posting you have your thumb 😂

Nana..
    Nice to have a lazy day without dashing about…

Dave…
    What ever works…enjoy the chocolate…

Annabelle..
    Welcome come and join us..we are a chatty bunch…pop by here everyday it helps with the support..

Flooding roads everywhere..we all got drenched on the wood walk…

Have a good weekend all…

Jean x

Hi everyone!

It’s been a longggg time since I’ve posted here and fasted – actually two and a half years! After years of dieting, and then discovering 5:2, I just felt I needed a break from it all after slimming down successfully. Since then I’ve just been going with the flow, eating intuitively, which has been a huge relief mentally. But as a combination of meeting my current boyfriend (all those date nights and bottles of wine!) and working a lot in high end hospitality (virtually unlimited amounts of the richest food imaginable!), I’m a little fluffier round the edges now than I’d like.

I’m ready to come back to fasting and just being a bit more mindful of what I’m eating. The aim is to get from my current 67.8kg to 63kg by around Christmas, as I managed to maintain that weight before for a good year without much effort.

So that’s my public declaration of intent – now I just have to make it happen!

Hope you’re all well! I can see a few familiar names but haven’t had a chance to scroll through and see what’s new. I won’t be posting too often but I’ll drop in a few times a week to catch up 🙂 x

Morning!
    Minols- poor you, hope your shoulder gets better soon- will add you to my prayer list😉
    Dave- weird about your Paypal address! Lucky you got your coat! Not surprised you’re sick of the rain- I am & we don’t get as much as you! Hope the chocolate works….
    Nana- lovely that your hubby cooks low cal for you! Saw a slimming world recipe for a chicken curry on pinterest, might try that with quorn. Have you tried cauliflower rice instead of normal?
    Jean- I would be hopping if someone messed me about like that too! Good job they were in the garage a while so you could calm down 😂 hope you had a nice day after all, & can still have packing time…
    Annabel- hi & welcome to you! I found a few recipe books in the library for 5:2, might be worth a look? Good luck, it’s helpful being on here FDs if you find it hard!
    Hi Endellion & welcome back! I love your description ‘fluffier round the edges’…I always feel lumpier round the edges😂. Your job sounds good too!
    Kay- have a good time at the pub?
    Cakey- hope you get to watch the rugby!
    Had a nice evening, pork seemed popular, & the pud definitely was…I am in the naughty corner after sneaking an extra bit when I was doing some clearing up in the kitchen 😂 I’ll fast today & try to keep away from the leftovers! Thought I’d see mum again this afternoon again but brother has actually invited her! Pick me up off the floor in shock… May have to go dishwasher shopping as have been nursing ours along for a while & broke the door hinge last night…quite tempted by a very old car which has come in to son’s work & is set to be scrapped, just to take Xena in- my car is getting wrecked with dog hair & mud 😂

Morning All…
    Raining!! Wet walk…..

A strange visit, daughters mind elsewhere, problems with a friend including her….texting all the time…..I kept talking and she wasn’t listening she maybe shouldn’t of come…Charlie went balmy as usual…lovely to see her ……she will be going in a hour…I am going walking with Charlie time 😂..

Endellion…
    Welcome back lovely to hear from you…you seemed to have done well and maintaining while away from us…just a bit of fluff to take off 😂…

Hedgehog..
    I do get flustered not knowing what’s going on..time keeping is appalling and change of days…Steve just says take it as it comes…
    A surprise of brother helping out…is it Christmas 😂…a pain on the dishwasher…car sounds a good idea ours us awful with hairs, a good job no one comes in the back..picking at pud!…you seem to make a lot of puds after meals….

Wet weather gear on, the boy asleep…time to go…

Have a good weekend all…

Jean x

What a wet walk…paddling through 4 “ of water for ages…coat dripping in garage!..good weather for ducks..wellies a must..

X

Good morning everyone, still raining but at least my new coat is warm and waterproof 😄.I also have a new Berghaus coat i bought last year,it was very tight but I kept it to give me encouragement to get into it.Still tight but not as bad as before, I will get in it one day.Hockey last night and again tonight.

I think the rain is finally easing 🌧

Watched the rugby this morning…crikey what a good game!! Sadly Im working in the morning and cant watch the Wales game live, so will catch up with it when I get home.

Yesterday was a low day in the end, today wont be! I was aiming for 16:8 today but gave on half an hour ago and had cheese on toast! Dinner is curry at the parish hall tonight with a few ciders or wine, so my eating window will be over 8hrs!

The rest of my week is:
    Sun – No breakfast, 16:8, NFD
    Mon – 1 meal at 5pm @ 500 cals
    Tues – 16:8 NFD
    Wed – No breakfast, 16:8, NFD
    Thu – 1 meal at 5pm @ 500 cals

Hi and welcome back Endellion! You sound like you have been doing well! Soon gey your fluffy edges straightened out!
    As you can see, some of us still here doing just that! Still!

Annabelle, welcome! FDs are easier with support so hope you join us.

Minols, how did you hurt your shoulder? Hope it mends quickly!

Jean, I think wellies are the only option in this weather for dog walking! I have a pair of ankle length wellies which were very useful.

HH, wow your brother helping out! Take full advantage of it! Keep out of the kitchen today 😂

Dave, how odd about your address being at Sainsburys. At least you got your coat and its waterproof, so very useful at the moment.
    I have a warm waterproof skiiing jacket that I use when the weather is bad, but I am still finding it mild at the moment!

Not sure what to do with my afternoon. Plenty I could do, but not much I want to do..lol

Nana and Mel, what are you up to this weekend?

I spent hours yesterday looking at public transport options for visiting my mum up in Chester before Christmas. Finally woorked out that trains are the best option, there are some deals on. Neil cant have any time off in December, so I will be going on my own. I could drive as I have done before but its better splitting the driving as its such a long way. The trains will probably work out not much more than fuel in the car and will be much easier. Plus I will be at my mums without a car, so cant be criticised about not visiting other family..ha!

Best go and do a few chores at the very least….just catch up with my Hayday game first 😂

Afternoon All…
    I have made a new traybake lemon recipe naughty but a while since I made anything….

Poor Charlie is bad with his bumps again…we are now thinking the wood, we have been three times close together wondering if there is anything upsetting him there, so it’s off the list for now…food diary going for the boy, lots of food has been taken off the menu and another medical bath tonight….he doesn’t look good on his face now ….

Dave..
    Glad the goats is warm and cosy..

Kay..
    What a plan you are determined this week…a good idea on train down to your mums and not having to visit around…if they want to see you the family can visit you…cheese on toast isn’t too bad it depends what else you are eating….I do like cheese on toast with a bit of white pepper..umm

Raining yet again maybe not as bad as this morning…everything dried off and ready to go again…dark nights tomorrow 😬

Jean x

Hi all, just come on the iPad after avoiding it until we had watched the rugby we recorded. About the second ever game I have watched 😂. Paul explaining the rules to me, basically if you think you have scored a try, you haven’t 😂😂. I enjoyed it though.
    Hi Annabelle, and to you Endellion, I am new since you last posted but feel very at home here.
    Yesterday was another good day, under 700 cals.
    Jean, very annoying re Charlie and his bumps. Jodie and Tilly met yesterday, Jodie seems to like her but did tell her off once for trying to be dominant. They had a good run round our garden.
    Been reasonable food wise today, still doing 16:8, although it has been more 17:7. Had hummus, oatcakes, falafels and avocado for lunch. Looking forward to 🍷🍷 tonight!
    Minols thinking of you with your shoulder, hope it is better. Dave, hope the chocolate worked 😂😂.
    Hi to everyone else.

Afternoon all!
    Jean- shame about Charlie’s legs…I’ve noticed Xena comes up with little ones sometimes, I wonder if it’s brambles or nettles. She is really itchy at the moment, I wonder if it’s the different flea treatment. Hope the lemon cake is nice, I could resist that! I do make alot of puds I know, but the boys like them & need filling out! Mum likes them too, she needs comfort feeding!
    Kay- hope you can work out a journey for your mum’s & it’s not too complicated! Enjoy a lazy afternoon…& have a good curry night! Sounds like a pkan for next week- I’d quote like to do a week of 800cals again, but lack of willpower right now, so it might be ADF…
    Had a good dry walk with Xena- no getting spooked in the same spot today thankfully. Will be a wet walk soon, have the rain here. Dishwasher ordered, will be a week so will have to be careful for a bit longer- hubby already has bruised shins where the door dropped down on him! Decided not to get another car, sensible heads on! Fadting going okay…
    Hope everyone’s having a good weekend!

Managed to get a dry walk in,rain finally stopped.Jean nice warm “Goats”😄made me smile,predictive text😄.Steak for tea tonight 😋😋😋.Heidi met some of her friends on the second walk.Didnt see the rugby,was in bed,late night with the hockey and again tonight so didn’t get up until 10:45.

Hello

Lovely day visiting nearby market town and picking up a few odds and ends.

Sorry to hear about woofy allergies, hope you manage to find the cause. Ours had a booster injection yesterday and vet was unable to weigh him but though he might need to lose a couple of kilos. I’m in the same boat! Although the vet didn’t mention it. 😂

Fluffier round the edges – love it. Welcome back Endellion, well done on maintaining so long.

We bought a hot pork roll from a wonderful butchers at lunch time which quite filled me up. But H looking for his tea and I promised to make Gnocchi Mac & cheese. I don’t need it but I’ll find it hard to resist – I must be firm.

You’re so good Hh at either cooking different meals or resisting, if i say I’m not hungry or just having something light then H says he will too and I feel bad – I tend to make his anyway and just have a half portion. But not tonight.

I’m off to watch an episode or two of Greys Anatomy which is my guilty pleasure at the minute.

Hoping to plant the last of the tulip bulbs if it’s dry tomorrow

CW

Just realized the clocks go back at 2am so I will go to bed early 😄😄😁. Chocolate didn’t have any results so took another laxative.Hopefully this will work.Heidi just had some pork chop bones and is very happy, she must have good teeth to get through them.

Mel- both posted at the same time! Glad you enjoyed the rugby! And good that the 2 dogs got on, that will make things easier, staffies can sometimes be funny with other dogs.
    Dave- enjoy the steak! Glad you didn’t get wet & the Heidi enjoyed her walk..
    Cakey- sounds like a nice day out…it is hard with the different meals, although as alot of theirs are meat stuff it doesn’t make my mouth water so much, the puddings, chocolate etc around is very hard though! & hubby had a light dinner with me tonight because we forgot to get his pizza out the freezer 😂😂
    We did get wet on our walk!

Viewing 50 posts - 24,101 through 24,150 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.