Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 59 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,951 through 24,000 (of 35,390 total)

• Nana..
    Well done on your pound off…..I have been thinking on knocking the breakfasts off, I don’t always feel the need…Steve doesn’t like the idea of me not eating breakfast so can cause ‘words’…an idea is getting off walking Charlie early and ‘eat when back’…I can then wash up clear the table and he wouldn’t even know 😂

Hoping SIL feels better and you can get out of the cinema tomorrow..

Jean x

Just had a salad so a good fast day.homemade cottage pie tomorrow so not a fast day,not sure how many calories in the pie.Getting a bit nippy so put the Dyson fan on for a while to warm the room up.

Morning All..
    A lovely start to the day….early up as planned walk done…20 min sit and coffee then pack fresh stuff…scales and wine packed this time…

I am fasting today, just a coffee for breakfast, chicken tonight…

It’s going to be a mixed weather this break but not too bothered, a couple of books with me…caravan is just right size for housework 😂 and a meal out and cafes planned..

Dave..
    Enjoy your pie..is it potato top or pastry…we are quite close don’t shout pie or Steve will be joining you 😂..potato would be lighter calories…

We should have Wi-fi so speak pm…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- hope you have a lovely break, hope the driving & setting up is not too tiring for Steve, & hope the weather’s good for walking! Where are you going, did I miss it?
    Quick post, hope everyone’s okay…lots to do on the site I moderate this morning, Xena was good but now getting impatient for her walk…I’m fadting today too.

Hedgehog..
    A busy morning for you too….enjoy your walk…

We are going to Burrs Country Park caravan Club in Bury….we have been before, Charlie likes it …a local Dally to play with and a group of dogs, meet up 8.15 in a morning…
    I shall do the heavy work water and waste for Steve…

Jean x

Jean have a good time away – you both deserve it. Son in Law much better so I’m not going to be going to the cinema.😃
    Have a good day everyone else whether fasting or not and will post this evening.
    Nana x

Jean stay out of the Brown Cow,it’s a 34 minutes drive from where I live to where you are staying.The pie has a potato top.I had to laugh this morning at 1-25 am I have an echo show,it’s an Alexa speaking thing with a screen, suddenly from out of the blue I heard this noise(raspberry) it said would you like to enable the big fart skill from the Alexa skills section,I was amazed.

Afternoon All..
    All settled in to a very wet day…we managed to get the awning up while it was dry, we really need it for drying Charlie and wet clothes.

Charlie cried for a hour so we had to take him out…it’s so muddy and we got very wet….I shall take him on my own at 4 ish, a couple rounds of park…

I maintained this morning although the top end of a pound…I have brought the scales but the cafe called and a piece of tiffin jumped on the table…so I can’t call it a fast day and I won’t weigh in tomorrow I will call it maintained!…I am having a break so will be eating and drinking and no thoughts of 5.2…I will fast again Monday while travelling home…

Nana..
    You can get your feet up while on your own..I wanted to see Downton Abbey but missed it 😬

Dave..
    I didn’t know Alexa was rude 😂…we will be going into the Brown Cow to eat, Charlie can come with us…market tomorrow unless really raining then it will be Saturday..

Hedgehog..
    Hope you got your computer work done this morning and a dry walk…

Minols..
    Enjoy your break too …you deserve it.

Jean x

Stopped raining here so will take Heidi out again,she took me to her favourite place before so will go on a different walk this time. When you get home Jean say meo,neo to Alexa😄 nothing rude but make sure Charlie is about.

Jean- well done maintaining, shame about the FD, but you need to enjoy the holiday!
    Nana- good you didn’t have to see the film!👍
    Dave- enjoy the cottage pie…& playing with the Alexa! Hope you didn’t get too wet with Heidi!
    Mel- hope your holiday’s still going well!
    Minols- have a lovely break!
    Kay- sorry you’re working while lots are on holiday!
    We’ve had nice weather today, sorry for all you wet people…had a lovely beach walk with Xena & a game at the park later- she’s funny, she’ll run like mad when hubby throws the ball, but doesn’t for me! Didn’t get all the stuff done on the computer, it kept freezing! Shopping done, seen mum, need to keep busy this evening to distract me, still hungry! Kitchen will be open until 9pm too 😢

Got soaked twice.Pie was lovely 😋😋😋.It’s getting cooler must get warmer clothing out.The blood thinners I take make me feel the cold.

Evening everyone,
    So glad I didn’t go to see the film as husband and son in law both said that’s 2 hours they’ll never get back ! A nfd for me as had my usual trip to Ely and met up with my sister brother in law had started doing Ti Chi so it was just the two of which was very nice.
    Hedgehogs our weather has been dry here today ask but a chilly breeze. Hope you manage to achieve your FD.
    Dave our daughter has an Alexa and the great grandsons absolutely love the farts feature typical little boys.Glad you enjoyed your pie.
    Jean a shame about weather weather hopefully it will be better tomorrow. well done on maintaining. Daughter rang me this afternoon for a chat and I had to say hello to Poppy apparently she tilted her head to one side and ragged her tail. How daft are we 😃
    Nana x

Nana, well done on another pound off. Sounds like you successfully avoided the cinema!

Jean, enjoy your break. Hope you get some dry walks in amongst the unsettled weather. At least there is an explanation for Steves platelets being high so hopefully a few months will see a better count. You should have left the scales at home!!

Dave, can just imagine the 3 of you winding up the gym instructor! Denise will be happy you are finally starting to feel the cold! She can get the heating on now!

We have not put the heating on yet. I wonder how long we will go before it first goes on! I need to pack away my shorts, sleeveless tops and sandals although still too mild for the woollens!!

HH, did you achieve your FD?
    I had planned a FD today but it ended up being just a lowish cal day.
    Your son still on crutches – maybe he will keep them going even when no longer needed if it gains him so attention 😉

Yet more changes in work! The latest housekeeper to join has handed in her notice so they are busy interviewing again! There was only the 2 of us and we split the week between us. Hopefully they will get someone to do the same hours although saying that, an extra shift would be welcome now that the holiday lets are drawing to an end.
    Its quiet at the moment so I can take my time and do other stuff that needs doing, like tidying out cupboards and going through linen.
    Thing is when I come home I dont want to continue with my own room by room ‘autumn’ clean!!

Neil and I have a full day off together on Saturday rather than just the late afternoon and evening but the weather forecast looks grim so dont reckon we will get to do much. Think I might suggest a visit to the pub tomorrow night, perhaps a couple of games of pool. Lay in on Sat morning 😊 x

Morning!
    Jean & Dave- think the weather should be better for you today! Have a good day!
    Kay- why do people keep quitting? Is it the work? Hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow!
    Nana- you had a lucky escape then with the film 😂 I’m very impressed that you still manage to lose with all your meals out! Very sweet, chats with Poppy on the phone, they look so adorable when they tilt their heads to listen!
    Mel- you’re quiet, gone awol on holiday?!
    Not had the heating on yet here either, but I have had my woolies on! Rain for us today…I did manage to keep the FD, hope for a good day today, but am making desserts for the weekend so it may well go over 800cals, I do nibble when I’m cooking 😂. Hair cut & colour booked, need to drop BIL’s birthday present in next-door-but-one; my poor sis seems to be having a run of not much luck right now, they both have the day off & are going to watch the racing at Newmarket as his birthday treat, but the forecast isn’t good. All birthdays this weekend; neices then Sunday & hubbys on Monday. Funny how that works out!

Morning All..
    RAIN,RAIN, RAIN..never seen rain like it in years…no wonder they had cotton mills 😂

We are not sure on the market, lunch time looks better or a dry day tomorrow but was going somewhere else for a walk around..market is a bit under cover with a canopy …we will see..

In Austria years ago on a motorbike holiday, we had fantastic heavy rain and bought cycle capes to go over our shorts, we looked a sight but caused loads of laugher about the village where we were, worth every penny when people were so miserable sitting having coffee under shelters, they were shouting funny comments at us..All cape and bare legs we looked naked!…well cycle capes are now out again..as Steve says who cares we will be dry!!

Dave..
    You will have to remind me when home about Alexa..no sharing of the pie then?..Steve waiting.. 😂

Hedgehog..
    A beach walk oh that’s lovely…we are beach weather if we had our cossy on 😂..they are funny, playing ball with hubby and not you??….
    We give Charlie a biscuit each at bed time, we are in bed hide the biscuit and play before he eats it, Charlie after eating goes downstairs he picks one of his toys and brings it to us, not to play, it’s as if he’s bringing something to the pack…I think it’s lovely..

Nana..
    We are very daft with our animals 😂..glad you had a good meet up…we are not too bothered with rain but it’s rather heavy…

Kay..
    Let’s hope they find someone who will stay, I would think a housekeeper is stressful job…have a lovely Saturday off whatever you do..Pub sounds about right if weathers bad…and house jobs 😬

Hedgehog..
    A week early on your hair cut we usually go together…I am Friday….what a lot of birthdays…very costly!…well done on your fast day…I only had my cake yesterday extra, so it would of been low, 18.000 steps too not too bothered….it’s hammering down here, a very very wet walk, must get him a cape! 😂..he will have his old coat on…

Speak later..

Jean x

Hedgehogs – I’ve stopped having breakfast as I’m never hungry first thing and was just having it because it’s a habit that I’d gotten into plus when we have our lunches out I’m usually very full so don’t bother with an evening meal. Never thought much about it before but guess that must be helping a bit.Hedgehogs
    Nana x

Hi everyone, I am back!
    Got home yesterday. We had spoken to kitchen man before we came home so no surprises. Lots of delays (of course) so kitchen not usable in the slightest. What has been done looks great though. We are here till Wednesday then down to Kent. Might go earlier if we can’t stand it! Deffo no fasting. Can’t cope with it at the moment. Good news is I only put on one pound! Keep to that for a while and I will be happy.
    Jean, so glad you are enjoying your break. All cosied up in the caravan with a book sounds lovely. Trouble is dogs still have to be walked. 🐩🐶. Hi to everyone else. Got to go and get Jodie pampered. Our groomer is back in action thank goodness. Jodie’s body isn’t too bad but walking along behind her, she has one thin leg and one fat leg!

We had a good park walk.. no dogs then loads came.. Charlie has had some great running.. he was so mucky when we got back spotty to say the least with black wellingtons on!!!.. not amused at a full bucket wash, no choice!!… our capes kept us dry, we need a re think on clothes, I think wellingtons would be a good idea, I hate them.. Muck Boots seem to grab my eye very insulated with good reviews and a big cagoule to go over everything, save on the drying although I do have Gor-Tex clothing..it’s just in torrential rain and in the caravan for drying.

We have decided on the market possibly in another hour, seems to be getting better but still raining.

Nana..
    I am feeling a bit like you.. I get fed up of eating, when out I feel over faced at plate sizes sometimes..I feel take it or leave it at times..of course cakes are a different matter 😂..I am still having breakfast because I am, not that I really want it.

Mel..
    Nothing goes easy and always hitches.. lovely in the end… a few days home and away again.. a big fast towards Christmas maybe 😂 when back.. 1 lb on is great news you did loads of walking it’s pulled you back.

We have heard from our solicitor our neighbours never sent any information they had to him.. so he’s sending them a letter ..saying they agree with everything as it stands…it’s written in neighbours disputes protocol.. I doubt they will agree, if not they need a solicitor. So it’s a waiting game.

Jean x

Steve can’t have any pie scoffed it all.I don’t believe the scales,I have been very good but gained 4.2 lbs☹️☹️☹️.Can’t explain how it’s happened. Rain here too, always rains when we go to Sainsbury’s.Its so upsetting gaining that much when I have not overeaten.Not to worry will lose next week.

Dave…
    I wouldn’t worry, your body will be balancing its self after holiday..it’s awful when you have had a good week, I will never understand our bodies…..you will loose next week…

We got to the market..bought 6 tea towels, shoe horn, 2 D rings, shortbread biscuits, Sensitive biscuit treats for Charlie..very productive….saw the black pudding but we don’t like it…..Brown Cow meal tonight….stopped raining at 12 so quite ok now…

Jean x

Evening!
    Dave- how strange with the weight, perhaps it’s delayed gain from your holiday! Hopefully it’ll come off soon…
    Jean- hope the weather improves, sounds like the market was successful! Drying dog towels was the worst bit when we had the static caravan, especially after muddy walks. The boots you’re looking at are like the ones I’ve just had to throw away, they were really comfy, might get some more…have a good meal out!
    Mel- such a shame about the kitchen, but good that you like the work so far.
    Well done on only 1lb up!
    Nana- hope you have your nice Friday night meal too! Good that you can miss breakfast, I usually have the willpower to skip it, but am usually hungry!
    Hair was good, love having a catch up with the hairdresser, she’s very easy to chat to! Managed to throw the ball further for Xena so she did chase the ball for me today! Did pick a bit while I was cooking, but had no breakfast or lunch so have managed an 800 cals day. & scales not too bad either, a little over what I was before the ‘do’, but did have a heavy weekend!

Evening everyone,
    Not much to report today – spent the day at home catching up with housework and then meeting up with friends for our usual couple of drinks and a Thai takeaway this evening.
    Jean hope the weather improves for you.
    Dave annoying when that happens – stick with it.
    Hedgehogs my daughter is a trained hairdresser but I very rarely get my hair done by her and haven’t been to a hairdressers in years. Have let my hair colour go to a silvery grey. I used to colour it myself at home but my hair grows so quickly i had a job to keep on top of it.
    Hope everyone on here is doing okay.
    Nana x

Nana- that’s not good, to have a hairdresser in the family & not get freebies! At what age do you think you have to accept being grey & embrace it?! My hairdresser kept commenting today about how grey I’m getting, but it’s not enough yet to go completely grey! Shouldn’t have given her a tip 😂

Hedgehogs I think I was coming up for 60 when I decided to go with the grey but it’s more of a silvery grey now. Daughter does trim my hair for me – just a job to pin her down to do it on a regular basis as she no longer works in hairdressing and has another job plus Poppy takes up a lot of her time 😉

Morning all!
    Jean- hope you have better weather today! Hope you come back to nicer neighbours, annoying that they’re not answering the solicitor…
    Nana- your daughter does sound busy! I’m 50, so not quite ready yet for the grey, I think mum was younger than 60 when hers went completely grey, hers was a lovely silver so hope I go like that! (She keeps dying it & tinting it now, don’t think it looks as nice!)
    Dave- any more late nights? Did your son enjoy his trips?
    Kay- enjoy that lie-in & day off 😴
    Mel- are you coping with the muddle?
    Minols- hope you’re off now & it’s not too cold!
    Cakey- where are you, we miss you!
    Weather’s not supposed to be great here, so will be wet walks! Catching up with Mum & sis later & Mum’s coming for dinner tonight, cheesecake made, & I’ll have some keto one, no fasting for a few days…

HH always a late night, earliest I go to bed is around 12-30,has for hair colour Denise doesn’t bother never uses a colour,and doesn’t ware makeup apart from nail varnish 😄she always says everything about her is natural and she is growing old gracefully 😀. Don’t think I will colour mine,not got enough to colour 😝.The Roy Orbison and Buddy Holly concert last night was the best thing I have ever seen.We was sat about 20 yards from the front and they looked total human,even the trousers moved naturally,in the case of Buddy Holly even his eyebrows moved in sync,Roy was better because he wore a little guy suit from a certain angle you could see lights behind him,in other words you could see through them,but was so realistic,would definitely go again.When we got there we were told at the main entrance to go round to the left,we walked to the side street and the queue was about a quarter of a mile long,it took time getting in because everyone was searched,they just aske me to open my coat but we’re checking bags.No phones were allowed to take pictures or videos so stewards were watching all the time.

Dave- forgot you were going to the concert, glad you enjoyed it, not surprised about the security…
    Didn’t get too wet with Xena, went out, had an hour’s walk & hubby was still fast asleep when I got back. Had brunch of veggie bacon & eggs…

Hi everyone.
    Big day today for the boy… He finally has a sim, phone number and email account! He’s still on my old handset so that he can get used to things without having to worry too much and he’s got it today so that I can keep close tabs on him over the holiday… But he’s very excited! Of course, very few of his friends have phones so he’ll only be texting about 3 people when he gets back to school – but it’s a big thing in his mind! Meanwhile he has relatives and some of my pals as ‘trusted grown ups’ to text in emergencies (or annoy with emojis this week).

One of the holiday jobs is to work out a social media contract with him… I have hopes that starting him a bit before he becomes a hormonal teenager gives me the chance to instil some good habits while he’s still malleable – I can dream! Although there does seem to be a bit of a window of tremendous sense between the top of primary school and the nonsense of secondary. You have to raise kids to be aware of so much more these days. I’m really believing that story that if you were a kid in the 70s you were the last ones to have it good! (That’s me, BTW!)

Well, off on holiday proper this afternoon. Just need to get a bit of food to take with us – can’t wait! We’re not heading to our place (someone on that full time) so we’re going to explain Loch Lomond and all points west.

Mx

I have been to Loch Lomond it’s very nice,bought Denise a ring there about 36 years ago.We stayed in Ayr in a bungalow next to a farm.Think it was Ochiltree,not sure how you spell it.Going to see Denise’s mum soon will test the sat nav in the car.

Afternoon All..
    A very pleasant day today… dry at least…good Charlie walk and a drive out to a couple of small shopping places, one street towns..a lovely cafe stop, just toast, can’t do cake every day….stopped for a pub drink…

Charlie has two bad bleedy paws again, just on his pad but a bit off the floor sort of on the side..managed to put my strong special plaster on each, just cut to size of the sore for protection …6 hours later and they are still on..I have bought some antibiotic powder to put on at bed time.

Hedgehog..
    I think the worse thing going for the walk is getting ready and taking off everything for me, I find it a chore the walks not the problem..
    Lovely your hair turned out well, cut and colour…I don’t feel like going grey yet maybe one day 😂

Nana..
    My sister was a hairdresser but I go to hairdressers and I colour it myself…too much waiting for her to have the time…hope you get all your jobs up to date and enjoy this evenings meal…

Dave..
    The concert sounded really good and very busy…Steve had a meat pie in a barm this lunch time he was in his element..a very good pie!!

Minols..
    He is getting a big boy if having a phone..you can maybe keep track where he is without him knowing 😂..enjoy your holiday and monster stories….you might even see him!!..
    It’s a lovely area…

Cup of tea time…

Jean x

I used to put a pie in a barm,I called it a Wigan kebab 😁.Sat with mother in law,it’s a lovely place but so expensive almost £1000 a week,not sure how much she actually pays.And a car park that only holds about six cars🙄.

Evening everyone, did a few jobs this morning and then spent the rest of the day knitting and watching tv as the weather has not been very nice today. Food wise not a bad day around 850 calories today kitchen is now closed but I’m still feeling hungry – must be strong 😏 Am a big fan of home made soup and was toying with the idea of buying a soup maker and wondered if any of you have one and if so are they worth it ?
    Minols enjoy the holiday I’ve never been to Scotland – maybe next year.
    Jean glad the weather was dry for you today. Hope Charlies laws soon heal bless him.
    Dave glad you enjoyed the concert.
    Hedgehogs enjoy your evening with mum.
    Hope everyone else has a nice evening also.
    Think I’ll have a FD tomorrow and then again Tues.
    Nana x

Hockey on so possibly get to bed before 3am,my team winning with 15 minutes to go.😄😄😄

Morning All..
    Raining all day today and it’s heavy and getting worse. A lazy morning in and see what happens later..
    Take the boy out shortly a ‘cape’ day again I look a buxxer but my walking coat stays dry!
    Looking for a cagoule but all modern slim things now, even hard to get a fleece under.. I want a old fashioned large what goes over everything .. I tried a mans on ‘large’ still small but with long arms 😂..
    Charlie’s paws still sore, look blistered, we have three not good but not bothering him.. I don’t know why.. is he walking on grass too much?.. do they need hardening up ?… any ideas???

Nana..
    Soups so easy to make, why a soup maker… use a wand to purée up..if needed….it’s made in 10 mins… another thing to clutter up 😂
    Scotland is lovely we like September, midges have gone and the weathers usually lovely.. we didn’t make it this year it was planned ☹️

Dave..
    Hope your team won..

I have eaten too many biscuits I will try and be good today..I have put them away out of sight..

Jean x

Hi all, battling away with no kitchen! Eating out or cold stuff. Trouble is I feel all the fasting and stuff drifting away. If I put my mind to it I could still do it but don’t have the heart. Away Wednesday for 6 days (I think).
    Then back, then down again. Friends coming up for five nights after that so fasting situation not going to improve. Must just try to keep stable and start again when that is over. Should have a few weeks before Christmas to get back on track.

Minols we love the west coast of Scotland. Not having our usual few weeks this time of year. May might be next visit.
    Jean, strange about Charlie’s paws, haven’t come across that before. Jodie’s are really tough. Perhaps he just has sensitive paws. A thought, any connection to when his hives flare up?
    Dave, glad you enjoyed the concert, sounds good. I know Paul would enjoy it.
    Hi Nana, I am one who dyes their hair. Trouble is once you start it’s hard to stop!
    Hi HH and Kay. What has happened to CakeyWakey?
    I will continue to post although not fasting. Feel a bit left out actually!

Hi all!
    Minols- have a lovely trip, such a beautiful country you live in! Hope your son doesn’t drive you mad with the phone, & good luck negotiating social media for him…the joy of parenting these days! Even when you think they’re sensible & savvy, they can still surprise you!
    Mel- such a shame about the kitchen, & your fasting plans getting turned upside down- would any low cal microwave meals do the trick? Or is your microwave not accessible either? Maybe you don’t have one?! Don’t use mine much…
    Jean- a worry with Charlie’s paws, I would’ve thought they should be tough enough at his age & with the walks you do. Josie cut hers once on glass, but don’t know what could be causing his splits, unless they get very dry? Have you tried any balms? There’s recipes online but haven’t tried it with our dogs…Hope the weather improves! Had a long walk in wellies this morning, very uncomfortable, must sort new boots!
    Dave- hope your team won the hockey in the end? A roast today? Is Denise’s mum in a home then? The one my FIL was in was a bit more than that, crazy money!
    Kay- hope you’ve had a good weekend!
    Nana- sounds like you’re doing well with the fasting! I make soup, but haven’t got a soup maker, use a stick blender or liquidiser…I think it would join the ice cream maker, the juicer & other unused gadgets cluttering the cupboards!
    Going to make some choc chip buns for hubby’s birthday tomorrow- so nice that my cake decorating skills are appreciated by my family 😂, make lovely cakes for other people & none of my lot want me to do theirs! The buns are hubby’s request! A roast chicken tonight too. Had a nice evening with mum, & Xena was good, she gets very excited when mum comes round!

It was worth staying up,team won 5-2.Denise used to work at a vets and he said dogs should not go on grass all the time,it doesn’t ware down their claws or toughen the pads are on their paws,plus it’s where tics live.I rarely take Heidi on grass for more than a couple of hundred yards or so,her nails are well worn down and pads hard.No breakfast or lunch today just a roast chicken dinner tonight,could be a fast day,not that many calories in chicken dinner.Found a bar of chocolate in the cupboard which was still in date so the chocolate diet is back.

Dave- hooray for the chocolate diet! Hope it works again!
    Buns made, popped in to see neice as it’s her birthday- she was dressed for it in her onesie, she’s 27! Roast chicken done, only 10 mins late, not bad! Son & I have finished our cheesecake, yum!
    Son has just told me about some friends who went to a salsa tasting session, armed with tortilla crisps, only to find it was a salsa dance taster session 😂😂

Evening everyone, not a bad FD with nothing to eat until the evening as husband offered to cook evening meal and chose to make squid stuffed with rice and prawns have estimated it to be around 500 calories. A lot of roast chicken seems to have been had today by the sound of it.
    Kay hope you enjoyed your Saturday off and pub visit also.
    Dave I could just eat some chocolate at the moment.
    Jean hope you’ve had a good day.
    Hedgehogs I don’t think I’m very good at making cakes but my family seem to like them.
    Nana x

Hi all
    The end of a busy but satisfying day. Did a double roast – chicken and ham – for a special Sunday roast for some friends coming over – oven was even big enough for a big dish of roast spuds and a huge crumble. Feel like we’ve been here for ages! Apples were from another friend’s tree. Custard was like sweet vanilla mortar – it turned so thick! Not used to electric hob… No control!

When Everyone left I put out a 1000 piece jigsaw – haven’t done that in ages but it’s such a good tool for getting people to just hang out together for a bit… Always spend longer than you plan to.

Needless to say – I’ll have to work really hard after the hols for any loss this month!

Mx

Morning All..
    No rain today..

Packing later this morning as heading home.. awning still up it will be last thing to pack away hoping it dries.

We have had a lovely few days even in the rain .. a bit heavy for me and Charlie at times..

Mel..
    You sound really busy no way can you fast at the moment.. hoping the kitchen gets sorted soon ready for your friends visiting.. enjoy your next break too..

Hedgehog..
    We seem to have one paw better.. 2 to go unless I have missed it..I will get paw balm on when home… would you buy muck boots again, I would like to try some on but to find them at the moment??

I bought some leather waterproof Timberland boots, took a few wears to be comfy, I love them now.. I bought at half price, at a outlet store.

Did your sons friend stay to dance 😂

Dave..
    Chocolate diet again 😂

Nana..
    Lucky your hubby can make lovely meals.. and to calories.

Minols..
    Have a lovely time.. meal sounded big and lovely for your friends.. I haven’t done a jigsaw for ages they can really get you all fiddling together 😂

Jean x

Morning all-!
    Quick post- hubby’s birthday today, no fasting today for me, nor keto either! Planned to go to a lovely beach cafe for breakfast…no beach walk though as very rainy! Xena’s gone to doggy daycare for the day! (Hubby’s choice!)

Jean I have some Timberland shoes, I also got them half price £50 I think,had them a few years,don’t ware them very often so will probably last me until I die, I have trainers on all the time except for when I go out for a meal or concert or similar.Fast day today and also gym so must take Heidi out first.

Afternoon All..
    Home safe..washer on and most things put away, just food to relocate back in cupboard …awning very wet so brought home and it’s on the line…

I am fasting today, nothing eaten so far….a few cups of tea…

Charlie gets so upset when we start packing I think he thinks we are dumping him somewhere like his previous life…..all fussy now back at home

Hedgehog..
    Have a lovely day….send hubby birthday wishes from us both….a beach cafe sounds just lovely.

Dave..
    I love my boots now very comfy…since all my Charlie walking in flat shoes I struggle now with heels..still you won’t have that problem 😂

Feeling quite hungry now hope it passes…park walk later get boy back into routine…

Egg and bacon tonight..

Jean x

No Jean I only ware heels at the weekend,not easy getting size 13s.Took Heidi out, opened the front door and walked straight into two dogs one a little puppy, the owner had to pick it up because it didn’t want to leave Heidi 😄. Having a cuppa then off to gym.

Mi ols- a good start to your holiday, have a lovely time!
    Jean-glad you’re back safely; wouldn’t worry about what Charlie’s thinking, both our dogs sensed it when you pack & get twitchy, & neither have had bad experiences! A pain drying out tge awning…
    Dave- hope the gym goes okay! Fast fay or chocolate diet day?!
    Hubby busy on Amazon spending his birthday vouchers! I’ve put a pair of boots in his basket too 😂 Breakfast good in the cafe, & he opened some of his chocolates, & have had a birthday bun- oops! Nibbles tonight, he wants to go out for a meal on Weds when the boys can come…sorry fasters, it’ll be me tomorrow! Has rained all day so no nice walk, will have a short walk with Xena when we pick her up, & hopefully she’ll sleep all evening!
    Youngest came with us this morning before work, he has an interview Friday, so chatty & enthusiastic about the job & what he’ll do if he gets it, he’s already studied all the manager’s training so knows what he’s talking about, very proud of him!
    Hope everyone’s okay!

Nice chilled day off, doing very little! Very grey day with a bit of drizzle so not tempted to get out in the garden to plant my spring bulbs!
    We had a quiet weekend and didnt do much, didnt go to the pub. We did have a wander around Bude and the beach, much nicer now its quieter.
    I made some chocolate fondant puddings yesterday, for the first time! Quite fun! Today Im making toad in the hole with veggie sausages, so another NFD!!!

We are both off tomorrow so thinking about going on the body boards, if the conditions are ok, maybe the last time this year as the sea will start to cool down soon. Neil still has a pulled muscle so cant do any coastal walking as its not exactly flat! If we dont go on the boards, we might have a mooch around somewhere instead.

Jean, glad you both enjoyed the break, in spite of the rain. Hope you can sort Charlies paws out, have you tried asking on the FB groups?

Mel, I wouldnt worry about the fasting too much for now, putting on a pound with not being in control of your meals is very good going!

Nana, your cooked meal from hubby sounded lovely! Im lucky too, that Neil cooks and will keep the calories down if I tell him its a FD.

Minols, a lovely start to the holiday. A big step for the boy. Hopefully starting early will be beneficial in the long run. The novelty will be over before he gets older.

Dave, enjoy the gym and maybe the chocolate..

HH, hope that it all goes well for your son with the job, its all sounding good. Enjoy your day with hubby for his birthday.

Im starting to look for some waterproof boots too, definitely need something with a good grip for walking though. Some of the ones Ive looked at are useless.
    And I definitely need a haircut and a colour refresh!

Better get started on tea, we are going up to the pub in a bit for a game of pool and darts!

Kay x

No more chocolate it’s all gone☹️.The gym was ok only eight of us today think the rain kept the others away.Winter bowling starts on Thursday at 11am,not a league just the club members I think.Ruby the fitness trainer was talking about vegetables and did we all have 5 a day not counting fruit, Stuart said he does three peas and two sprouts 😄,she asked me and I told her it would never happen,don’t think I like 5 veggies.

Evening All..

A bit on the wet side again for walk…welcome to winter….still Charlie only needed towel dry…

Getting ready for my egg a bacon a bit hungry now…..pushing for 5 nearly there….

Dave..
    Size 13 that’s big, Steve is a 11…struggle to buy….

Hedgehog…
    Charlie is all happy now, I did the river run caught up with his friends…awning dry now, it’s a cheap thin one bought for that purpose, really need one with Charlie…our heavy summer one would be a nightmare..

Glad hubby had a good day and birthday breakfast..I have bought some Sorel boots on line today, someone had a pair on the walk this morning I liked the look of them….more for wet/snowy weather…hoping they fit!..and yours too 😂

Fingers crossed for your son hope he gets the job..sounds promising and he’s enthusiastic too..

Minols..
    Hope all is well and you are getting out and about….

Kay..
    Lovely to have a chilled day…hoping Neil can manage the boarding and it’s not too much….chocolate fondant pudding sounds really lovely I have never made those….your hair colour has changed, are you going back copper/auburnish again it suits you…

I did ask on FB but they said Vets…last time which was the sore was worse the Vet looked and said it’s fine bathe in salt water and put a sock on it, keep clean as possible..I am going to have a look later and see how it is, now he’s in for the day…

Well time to eat!!!

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 23,951 through 24,000 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.