Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,905 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 24 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,601 through 23,650 (of 35,391 total)

• Kitchen closed…fasting gone well….how is everybody else doing?

Jean x

Evening all!
    Minols- you’re so busy, work sounds hectic enough without hubby going away as well, hope his trip & your work go well so you can have a day off tomorrow!
    Jean- glad Steve can walk a bit more- can’t believe your house needs a deep clean, you’re always cleaning!
    Dave- no dancing on the tables to Abba with your poor knees! Love a bit of Abba…shame about the food, hope it improves, you’ve been looking forward to it 😞
    Mel- how have you done today? Hope you’ve managed to get in the right frame of mind…not long to go before you’re away!
    Nana- hope you’ve had a good time with your friends, weather should’ve been good!
    Got on well with the decorating, poor hubby is aching very badly- he did moan & grumble alot, poor old man 😱 I would happily do it all…Xena was fine all day, very hyper when we picked her her so gave her a run in the woods on the way home, she had a job calming down…forgot youngest wasn’t working til the evening, he kept coming in taking the mickey, we should’ve booked him in too 😂 nice to have him cheerful though, he’s often so moody! Didn’t have the takeaway 😇, got stuff out the freezer so an easy dinner!

Hedgehog..
    Glad you got on well decorating, I know what you mean it’s so much easier doing it yourself…the only time we row is when we decorate 😨..he walks away and I do it my way 😂 it works…

Are you ok going in the other woods, we have our small wood ( too hilly for Steve at the moment)..do you think it’s ok to go in…is it just the large forests with the dog problem…

Haven’t really done much cleaning for a month, Charlie is moulting big time this last three weeks, more than usual…upstairs not so bad…

More decorating tomorrow?

Jean x

Morning all!
    Minols- hope you get your day off!
    Nana- are you going home today? Safe journey if so…
    Dave- hope the breakfast is better! Have to say smoked bacon rules in this house! Hope Abba was good too 💃
    Mel- hope you managed yesterday…
    Cakey- you’re quiet again, hope you’re okay, must be busy for you with all the travelling…
    Kay- are you home yet too?
    Jean- oh the dog hairs, get everywhere!
    We’re avoiding the forest where the majority of cases have been, a bit tricky to avoid woods altogether, as every walk we do even the heath ones have some wooded bits…I’ve decided to wash her paws with hibiscrub when we get home- I read online that it can help stop harvest mites, which is linked to the illness, but they can’t find out why…not something the vets have suggested but I’ve decided to try! I think your area is okay isn’t it? The bit of wood we stopped in yesterday was a tiny strip near the doggy place so hopefully okay! Hubby would just take her to the park for the next few months but that’s not much fun for her!
    No decorating today, hubby needs to rest his back & elbows, have booked Xena in for Monday again so hopefully we can get lots done again!
    Back to 800cals for me again- hopefully!

Breakfast consisted of egg on toast,they cater more for Russians at this hotel,there are ham and cheese cucumber chips all at breakfast,no baked beans,in fact very little what you would call English breakfast.The beer glasses are like wine glasses about as much use to me as a thimble.Think I may have to go to the bank for money,can’t see me having much in the hotel, definitely going out tonight to Rockefeller’s,it’s good there decent artists on,Abba here last night was two girls who wailed rather than sing😄.Not tried to eat anything in the hotel at midday so don’t know what it’s like.

Morning All…
    Bright and sunny day..

I am still maintaining but 1 lb up…only good thing is I know why 😂..

We were going to do some retail therapy two new frying pans needed and still looking for shoes…I don’t know if Steves up to it so see after my walk..

Hedgehog..busy decorating, Xena walking and taking to play group ?

Have a good day all speak later..

Jean x

Hedgehog and Dave your posts came in late??…crossed maybe…

Hedgehog..
    It’s best to have a few days off, we have all the time in the world no point in being with too many aches and pains hope he feels better…..men seem to get more pains then us 😂

We are keeping away from woods. Will you tell me when you think it’s clear….Clumber Park has it, so no caravanning there at the moment ( we wish)..Charlie enjoys the park as it’s a mixture of rough grass, flower beds, trees and bushes and the expanse of grass, lots of dogs about to play with, a few grumpy ones too..

Dave..
    Hope the food improves, the Russians seem to cause havoc in hotels… I have met a few nice ones..the hotels always seem to cater towards them glasses are always smaller…we keep away from Russian hotels too much experience with them!…hope it improves give lunch a try….enjoy Rockerfellows…

Jean x

Tried lunch had a small piece of octopus,has the taste of the sea , I ate it but not to keen ended up having chicken again 🙄. Denise always has more pains than me, but my knees are catching her up. Not got a suntan keeping out if the sun too hot 😄, Denise will sit in the hotel room now because her knee is sore,both mine are sore so I will have to go for a walk on my own 😗maybe call for a quick pint or two 😀😀😀.

Jean- should be all clear at Clumer park November time, once we get some frosts…well done with maintaining!
    Dave- hope the knees improve for both of you…is there a pool? Sometimes floating about can help? Enjoy your beers!
    Had the tickets through for my posh do- even posher than I thought as it’s black tie, can’t wear what I was planning to now, will have to go shopping! I am not a dress person…

There are quite a few pools,and lots of empty loungers,no need to put a towel out,we never go to the pool or beach so don’t even take a towel.We stay out of the sun most of the time but still get a sun tan normally.I wouldn’t go to a black tie event,hate wearing a tie Never mind what goes with it.It was 35°C today on the strip so very warm.Nice cold beer tonight 😋😋😋.

Dave..
    Disappointing with the food..sometimes after a few days you get in the swing of it..take care with your legs..nice to have a lot of loungers do you read sat under them..relaxing time?

Hedgehog…
    So it’s the frosts we are looking for…I have seen notices before but with no dog you don’t take much notice…black tie, not always keen I never know what to wear, Christmas dresses will be out maybe not so bad….

Finished all my cleaning, windows inside and out too…ironing tomorrow and two ovens to clean…Steves daughter is visiting Tuesday and staying over, so will be a tickle up…
    Park shortly can’t do weekend mornings due to park run and football, quite busy…
    Steve twisted his back I think walking with his sticks, ended up using one maybe not so good….this is a long process 😬…

Have a lovely weekend..

Jean x

Dinner eaten…very hungry today, ha been hard, cheesecake made for son again, so bowl & whisks licked 😉, not adding those calories in! Had a stir fry & firecracker sauce for dinner.
    Poor Steve, one step forward, 2 back…

Evening everyone, had a lovely lunch with our friends yesterday that went on until after 6pm – plenty glasses of wine was enjoyed by everyone say no more.
    Now back home and am easing back into fasting gradually and will start in earnest on Monday – however we didn’t have anything to eat all day and have just finished a take away curry – well it is Friday and am having a glass of wine. Might be brave and get on the scales tomorrow morning 😱. We’ve managed to walk 47 miles this week in total and my knee has held up pretty well.
    Hope everyone is doing alright.
    Nana x

Evening All..
    We had a late park walk after our meal..Steve managed to walk a bit with two walking sticks to lean on, his back seems a bit better….we then went in to the pub all three of us for a couple of drinks just for a change…getting fed up of four walls!

Hedgehog..
    Firecracker sounds hot..must look it up..I love hot chillis….keep strong..

Nana..
    Back in the land of the living after a lovely holiday..sounds like the finish went with a bang ..why not…I have had a couple of wines tonight I felt the need…I shall feel fasting Monday with you…

Jean x

HI all
    This having a day off business is exhausting! But will hopefully pay dividends in sharpness tomorrow when I’m leading all day. Early start, so the OH will have to get the boy off to his wee camp.

Old dog off his food – poor thing. Usually sorts himself out if he has a wee bug so hopefully it won’t last.

Another giant spider roaming the living room. Playing peekaboo with the OH and his glass at the ready. This one’s been dealing with our mouse problem I think – certainly big enough!

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- hope it goes well for you! Hope the spider got caught too, they get splatted by hubby in this house, I can’t complain as I’m too wuss to catch the biggies, only small ones!
    Jean- glad you got out last night, I’m sure you needed it! Hope Steve’s back keeps getting better…
    Nana- sounds like a lovely end to your holiday! I’d keep away from the scales for a few days 😂
    Dave- hope you have a good day, can you watch any sport there?
    Mel- are you still aiming for ADF or are you struggling?
    Kay, Cakey- hope you both have good weekends…
    Have volunteered to help with Church cleaning today, will walk Xena shortly. Then might go clothes shopping this afternoon, see if I can find a dress. Have seen some nice (& not too expensive!) dresses online but not sure what’ll suit me or what size I’ll need! Mum’s coming for dinner tonight too…

Morning everyone. Sorry missed posting yesterday. Day before’s FD800 went well although up to the limit. Didn’t go mad yesterday and feel ok for today’s FD. Will try to keep a bit lower. Dave, looks like you will be coming back thinner than you went at this rate! Nana sounds like a lovely holiday and well done on the walking, will have done you good. Jean, it will be a long haul but going in the right direction. Frustrating I know, look forward to that first trip back in the ‘van’. Minols, hope your old dog feels better today. HH funny how some FDs are relatively easy and others seem a big hurdle to get through. Have a great day everybody, fasting or not.

Morning All…
    A lovely day here.. not doing a lot today clean ovens?..ironing?

Getting ready for the winter..don’t laugh…PJs for the boy as the temperature drops…they have arrived and are so well made, beautiful…he feels the cold with his short hair….

Hedgehog..
    Good luck on the dress hunt, hope you find a reasonable priced one..busy day at church good luck with that too let’s hope there’s a few volunteers…

Minols..
    Really freak out at spiders I can cope with tiny ones…my house all sprayed with bug spray, around skirting boards, open windows and doors too..still after my cleaning I might need another go!

Hope your day goes well today and the boy enjoys camp….

Jean x

Mel..
    You jumped in before me..missed you..

Good yesterday’s 800 went well and good luck on fast day today….having a couple of days off then I will be fasting Monday…

Enjoy your day..

I am not really amused Steve is putting up two new outside lights either side of the front door…he won’t leave them for later….one is up he’s now resting before the other goes up…he’s puffing as he goes 😬

Jean x

Every sports events are shown on the many TVs in every bar.Had lots of bad stuff to eat cake,mousse etc,etc.Had a good night out last night at Rockefeller’s 😆the singers were all very good.And so was the beer☺️😊😚.We sat out on the front today for an hour or so got some sun.Came back to hotel and watched a bit of cricket on my Chromebook, Denise likes cricket so it’s ok to watch it.

Hello everyone

Busy week with trips to London, midnight emergency trip to hospital with suspected blood clot for H (all ok) and working like a mad thing to tidy up MiL garden today. I should be skinny with all this running about. Also managed to squeeze in one Pilates class and a 3km run first thing. Hopefully a quieter week next week ahead.

Moussaka in the oven for tonight.

Glad you had a better night out Dave yesterday, hope today has been good too.

Hope you felt the benefit of your mad Thursday and your day of rest yesterday Minols. We’ve started to try and have one day at the weekend where we cram all the jobs and visiting in so that we can keep one day relatively calm, spending it in our own garden.

How was the church today Hh? You are very good with your time and all the volunteering you do. I did the church treasurer role for a few years but nothing at the moment. Did you find a dress?

Jean – glad Steve starting to take more steps, those sticks can cause more back pain in my H experience but need them for support. Funny little Charlie, he sounds such a character.

Well done on you FD800 Mel, you seem to be in a good rhythm now? What sort of things do you have for meals?

47 miles – Nana – you’ve covered some distance there! Hope all goes well for Monday fast.

Hello Kay – not sure if you’re still away and hope you’ve had/having a lovely time. I think you may have hit lucky with the weather.

Pinger is going off so think the tea is ready.

Have lovely evenings x

Evening everyone, well I gingerly stood on the scales this morning and was pleased to find I’d only gained two pounds husband one pound. Just shows how much difference extra exercise makes. Spent the day doing the washing and ironing at least the weather has been good for getting the clothes dry.
    Daughter whatsapped me a video of Poppy paddling and running around in the shallows of the river ouse today – she looked like she was really enjoying it but she was a bit unsure of some Swans that glided by.
    Jean hope Steve hasn’t tired himself out to much but just think how far he’s come in a short time since his operation.
    Dave sounds like your holiday is going well now.
    Hedgehogs any luck with finding a posh frock ?
    Hope everyone else on here is doing okay.

Nana x

Dave…
    Hope your day has gone well and cricket was good…back to Rockerfellows tonight?..are you getting used to the food….

Cakey..
    What a worry with hubby, glad all was well..you pack a lot into your weekend when you are always so busy…good to have a day to relax ..naughty Charlie at the park he decided not to come back, didn’t want to come home, three taps on his bum and a telling off, 5 min in bed when home!…he definitely knew he was in bad books..all forgiven now.

Nana..
    Scales not bad at all for you, soon get it off…the walking must of helped a lot and the pleasure of doing it too..good weather to clear your washing always a bonus..

Jean x

Went to Rives bar tonight, watched football ☹️☹️☹️City lost.Every time I come to Cyprus City lose,might stop coming here.After football Bob Marley tribute was on,he was very good plus I supped oudles of beer,hic.I think Sunday we won’t be dining in the hotel but going out for a juicy steak 😋😋😋.

Morning all!
    Jean- good that Steve feels like doing a job or 2, but a fine line between overdoing it…hope he was okay later. Did I read right that you’ve ordered pjs for Charlie?! Spoilt doggy!
    Cakey- poor you having that scare with hubby, glad all was okay…lots for you to cram in at the weekends, especially as you have such a busy working week! I used to do more volunteering, have cut it down a bit now, but I don’t work, so have the time!
    Dave- glad you’ve found something to eat 😀…& the beer’s obviously good!
    Minols- hope your conference went well & you get good feedback! Is your doggy on the mend?
    Nana- that’s brilliant news on the scales! All that walking must’ve helped! Lovely that Poppy enjoyed a paddle! Are you going to have her to stay again?
    Mel- glad the FDs are going better!
    Kay- hope you’ve had a good trip…
    Church cleaning was easier then I expected, I was given the job of cleaning lots of the toddler group toys so could sit down a bit 😂 quite a few others helping, I have to confess I did have a small bar of chocolate as they needed eating up apparently! Had seen a dress I really liked online, so got to try it on & it looks good, they didn’t have the petite length ones in so ordered it online, but very pleased- & being long it covers my legs 😂, should come in a few days! Lots of games & walking Xena inbetween being out as had left her more than we usually do, but she was still a bit of a pickle when Mum came round!
    Church & a bbq at home tonight, just us, might be the last one of the year? I am now really needing to buckle down & be strong for the next couple of weeks to make sure the posh dress looks good still! So fast800 days for me as much as possible!
    Have a good day all…

Just been to Lidl to get some water,it’s next to the hotel we usually go to,up an hill but not far from where we are now,can see it from our hotel.Rockafellows again tonight,three good acts on,every time I come to Cyprus City lose ☹️,will be interesting on Wednesday City play in Russia.The shower in our room leaks,all the water comes under the door so I put an hand towel there to soak it up then put it outside,it dries in no time.I found baked beans and tomatoes, I know where to look now😄. Denise had big sunglasses on and looks a bit like a panda now😄😄😄.I am the same when I take my glasses of but wear them all the time, they are transition ones.

Morning All…
    Black sky coming but I think it might of gone over..phew!

Two ovens still need cleaning?!….we are wondering what we can do, a quick unexpected trip to daughter? for a cuppa…..

Hedgehog..
    Glad you found a dress, it can be so difficult ..hope when the petite dress comes it fits well…a good two weeks on 800, at least something to aim for….sounds a lovely do….Charlie is very lively at the moment wanting to play all the time, it’s shattering…..Steve is ok today but I was cross it could of waited, he was loosing patience a bit as having to sit a lot in between doing it…but they look nice..some adjustment in time and distance but I can do that.

Enjoy your bbq tonight….we have the line of heavy rain at 6 pm..new waterproof trousers on!..maybe

Dave..
    Holiday is getting in the swing…..good the breakfast is better and you have found the food you like..it takes a couple of days to settle….enjoy your group tonight..

Jean x

My son is complaining, Heidi is keeping him awake, she’s not happy when we go on holiday.We watched a little of a Bob Marley tribute last night after the football,and he is on tonight in our hotel.We are going to Rockefeller’s though some good acts on tonight.The only downside is it will cost around €50-60.Instead of having free beer in hotel,also we are dining out tonight so maybe a nice juicy steak😃

Hi all, yesterday came in at 700 cals so pleased with that. A nice controlled NFD today with a bit of 🍷🍷 tonight. Dave, glad you are still posting, nice to hear about your holiday. I presume you have somewhere to cook the beans etc?
    Jean, it is hard to get the balance right. Steve obviously wants to do stuff, which will probably make him feel better mentally, but maybe not physically? A hard one. I love the stories about Charlie, he sounds such a lovely dog, even when he is naughty! Would love to see him in his PJs 😂😂.
    Cakey, nice to hear from you. I hear all the cooking talk on these threads but I am so not into that! I do like a carb so I often have a Warburton ‘Thin’ at lunchtime (100 cals) with chicken and leaves, or two Babybels with marmite spread on the thin. My favourite evening meal (if I have enough cals) is salmon fillet with chilli and baby broad beans. I also like something called a ‘Bol’ which is a carton of spicy veg curry, various recipes. Can only get it in Waitrose though (20 miles away) so I don’t have it often. PS glad the midnight panic worked out ok, must have been scary ☹️.
    Hi to everyone else. Nana a few FDs for you? Good result though.
    Speak later. Have a great day everyone.

Dave..
    Enjoy your steak…shame the AI isn’t working too well….at least you have found a few bars to suit…

Mel..
    I must admit since going on 5.2 I am getting so I can’t be always bothered to cook and eat large meals, to think we had a Yorkshire pud dinner every day..we only have a couple of big meals a week now more at weekends…our weekly shopping has halved…you have done well on your controlled day…
    Charlie not sure on his PJs but as the cold weather starts and heating goes off, I think he will be ok, he often shivers if he’s cold and more or less sits on your knee to get warm, a bit heavy at nearly 70lbs!…they will warm him up after being in snow too…

Have a lovely day all…

Jean x

Been sitting in the sun here, very hot again 🌝, not getting rain until tonight. Played with Xena in the garden, but too hot now, will have to leave it until after dinner to walk her. Doing well fasting, just had 2 squares of chocolate so far!

Hedgehogs snap doing the same here very warm as you say. Smell of BBQ’s all around us. Will be having ours when it cools down a bit.
    Like the fasting good choice so far today 😉

It’s been a dull day here today,the first time I can remember when the sun as not been out much. It’s out now though.Mel no cooking in the room,I found out where they put the beans Mel😄. Denise is having a nap so I hooked my Chromebook up to the TV to watch the cricket whilst she is asleep.

Just had a look what Heidi is up to,she is lay on the sofa watching the telly 😄.

Hi all.
    Boy home – weekend over! Ivve worked hard, the boy has played hard, the man has ‘tinkered’ hard.
    Light dinner tonight cos Chinese takeaway last night.
    Quieter week ahead I think – yay!
    Mx

Evening All..
    A very heavy night with food and wine..neighbour gave me some rhubarb it just shouted crumble and custard…step daughter coming Tuesday so a funny week..that’s how it goes…
    Both a bit down and fed up and everybody knows it….they might take it on board….what is it a mum/dad is not just for Xmas but all the year round!

Moan over…

Both ovens cleaned lovely and sparkly…..two lovely walks with the boy…..he seems down too, playing with toys he came with and looking out of window in far away look….

.Hedgehog..
    You were luckier than us cloudy and damp here…but no rain…well done on fasting…

Nana..
    Well done you too fasting..easy when bbq ing….

Dave..
    Enjoy your steak tonight and the artist…

Minols…
    Glad everyone had played hard and enjoyed them selves…have a good evening…

Jean x

Jean- sorry you’re all fed up, not like you…Charlie maybe picking up on it? Cloudy days don’t help either. Hope you’ve had some 🍷 & haven’t you still got chocolate left? Glad Charlie behaved on his other walk!
    Minols- glad you’ve all had a good weekend, & yippee for a quieter week!
    Dave- have a good evening!
    Nana- enjoy your bbq too!
    Mel- will have to go to Waitrose sometime & look for the curry!
    Cakey- hope you’ve managed a day to yourselves…
    Had bbq a bit early as it looked a bit stormy, & I still have to walk Xena 😂
    So my food’s all finished 😰

Sat in the restaurant now,just had a delicious meal and desert.Off to the entertainment now 😄

Dave..
    Glad you found something you liked..it takes time to settle in…..enjoy the show..

Jean x

Hello

Sorry you’re both feeling a bit meh Jean & Steve. Hope tomorrow will be brighter and the ‘children’ surprise you.

Good news about the potential dress Hh – what is it like?

Let’s both have a quieter week Minols – I’m not travelling so hoping for some nice evenings. But guessing your evenings are often the time for meetings.

Enjoy the entertainment Dave and hope your break the Cypreas/City curse.

Mel- I prefer to bake rather than cook, I have no imagination for savoury meals. Although seem to have fallen out of love with baking recently. No motivation to do it but that’s probably better for my waistline. I quite like the Joe Wicks recipes as usually quick to cook and also I save lots on Pinterest then browse them before doing my shopping list. If I don’t plan the meals ahead we end up living off scraps.

Good days gardening until the rain came about 1ish. But we made an early start so got lots done. Never quite know what time is considered acceptable to get the mower out on a Sunday morning – I waited until 10? Bought a load of bulbs to plant when the bedders finally come out, also some cyclamen to refresh the hanging baskets and winter flowering pansies. So been a fun day.

Confess to a Nanna nap (sorry Nana) about 5 ish, just what I needed, I dozed off under a blanket in my swinging cocoon chair. It was very relaxing.

This weeks evenings I’m planning:
    Monday – run with the girls
    Tues or Friday (maybe both) – yoga
    Wed – Pilates but we walk there and back which is about 4 miles altogether so always feel virtuous
    Thurs – friend coming round for tea
    Sat – run with the woof

Now if I could just get the fast days in sync I’d be flying. We’ve given up bread for the week. I don’t each much cos of gluten but it was creeping back in again – a crusty loaf here & there or garlic bread or pizza and it was all adding up. #BreadFreeZone

Have a lovely Sunday evening. I’ve watched Countryfile so retiring with my book shortly. Did I tell you I’ve joined a book club. Last Wed of the month. It’s in a lovely coffee shop. I might need to change my fast day!

CW

Absolutely fantastic day,great food and brilliant entertainment,it’s 1:05 am Denise usually well asleep by now,she was on Bacardi and coke normally drinks coke,so she had a good night,she informed me I had 10 pints the other night,which is more than I have had all year(you never lose it) but I may have had more tonight,but still very sober.😄. Time for bed said Zeberdee, boing 😃.

Home this afternoon! Had a lovely break, now back to normality, although this week is our village revel celebrations and my charity walk event on Sunday, so lots to do this week.

I have caught up with the posts I think 😊

Fasting tomorrow….

Good morning everyone,the sun is out today,very hot already 😅😅.Had breakfast not sure what we are doing today, going to book a trip on the big red bus,it’s amazing you go around what they call red soil villages and stop for fresh fruit and shopping in the local village shop.You then go to the green line where Cypriot soldiers on one side and Turkish soldiers on the other all with machine guns.When you get off the bus you have a good sun tan.Its Cypriot dancing in the hotel tonight bsi will give that a wideberth,but it’s the Blues’brothers in Rockefeller’s so they aren’t that good,seen them years ago and it’s still the same thing.So will have to go somewhere else,maybe the Sphinx they usually have a rock band on there.

Morning all!
    Dave- glad you’re enjoying the meals, music & trips, have a good day!
    Kay- glad you had a good break too, & hope the charity event goes well, very impressive organising it yourself! Too much eaten or were you good?
    Cakey- glad you got lots done in the garden! 10am is okay for a mower I think- there’s a neighbour of ours who gets his pressure washer out every Sunday at 8am! Doesn’t worry me I can’t sleep late anyway! Your plan for the week sounds great, but very tiring!! Hope it goes according to plan! The dress is a long, slinky emerald green number, with a sequinned strappy top (needto investigate the bra options for that, lol! Sorry Dave!)
    Jean- hope you can have a better day, although not easy on a FD!
    Mel & Nana- have a good day, fasting or not!
    Lost Xena for a while last night on our late walk, was in a right panic, she was too when she finally found her way back, poor baby! Good newson the scales, 2lbs gone last week! Good incentive to keep me on track this week! Decorating today, Xena off to day care soon, she’s fast asleep right now!

HH Denise said use a five way bra.I learn something every day 😄. Going to change some English money,not bad the exchange rate here,just go to a shop hand in £100 and get €110 better than at home.

Morning all.
    Dave – you sounded really chipper last night – what a good holiday does for you!

Jean – I expecting you to be bright and breezy today cos I’ve got the glums… Definitely fed up and meh. And I figure only one person at a time can feel like that on this site? Either I’m just a grumpy so and so or I’m recovering from too much sugar/Chinese or life really is rubbish (can’t be that!) so I’ll just have to grow up and get through it.

My method is to try and just do the next one thing – at least then if thins go to pot later I can comfort myself with having got one thing done… And who knows, I may even have got two things done, or three!

Dog feeling better and just came up to put grey hairs on my black trousers with a gratuitous ‘love you’ face… At least he can make me smile!

Mx

Morning all, FD today but not hopeful. Going shopping in Lincoln with Paul. I hate shopping….. we both need new walking boots.
    Jean, hope you feel better today. Not surprising you have ups and downs.
    Cakey, what book are you reading, and is it a proper book with paper and a cover? I love my books, always one on the go.
    Minols,your day for the glums so I had better cheer up! 😂😂
    Dave, 10 pints! Impressive 🤪🤪
    Everyone have a good day.
    Got to go ☹️

Yes 10 pints, I haven’t drank that much in the previous 9 months😄. Going to see Michael Jackson Tribute tonight,not my favourite but Denise likes him.Minols glad your dog is feeling better, Heidi’s hair is all over the world,we unpack new clothes and her hair manages to find a way into the bag.You could fill cushions with her hair or even make a coat.I just had a look what she is up to,layed out asleep on the floor,not the sofa😁

Morning All..
    A quick visit to the doctors Steve has more antibiotics…everything is fine but covering his back as his cough doesn’t sound good…

Steves daughter is coming up tomorrow so a bit of shopping and a flick round to tidy up..do I bake?? 😬

Hedgehog…
    We are ok..caravan blues maybe…yes wine and chocolate….must be good fasting today…
    Emerald slinky number sounds just what you want..good you found something it’s not easy, a new strapless bra too needed..nightmare with Xena loosing her, glad it all turned out ok…I bet you was so upset…..well done on the 2 lbs off…

Cakey..
    Glad you got the gardening finished before the rain, always looks good and accomplished..my grass needs doing…
    You sound as if you have a busy week ahead..do you never stop and relax….book club sounds interesting…

Kay..
    Glad you had a good break……good to have you back…

Dave..
    All is well you sound busy and enjoying yourselves…you are seeing some good acts..enjoy you bus tour today…

Minols..
    Where you throwing the glums now..give some else a turn…😂..we are ok it’s just been a long time…..maybe too much sugar for us too..

Just love grey hair on your trousers…I have my white hair sparkle all over….take it with pride..

Mel..
    Good luck on your walking boots..I am still looking for walking shoes, I want the best but cheap 😂…I don’t like shopping either…

Have a good day fasting or not…

Jean x

Survived shopping, got all I wanted. Made the most of not having Jodie with us and had some lunch out, smashed avocado, goat cheese and pickled beetroot on toasted sourdough. Yes you guessed it, FD fail. Was so scrummy though 😀. FD tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,601 through 23,650 (of 35,391 total)

You must be logged in to reply.