Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,908 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 2 hours, 2 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,201 through 23,250 (of 35,395 total)

• Jean- good to hear Steve’s improved, hope you can sleep tonight. Long days for you, hoping for a better day tomorrow…thinking of you…
    Dave- watch out & stay indoors- the lads have decided to stay in Manchester for a night instead of Yorkshire tonight!
    Had a nice meal out with son- but he told us tonight he’d booked eurostar, a posh Paris hotel & restaurant for next week when it was their anniversary as a surprise trip- but thankfully has managed to get it all refunded…ate vegan tonight with a lovely curry & then raspberry parfait.
    FD tomorrow.

Morni g all.

Hope Steve has had a quiet night, Jean.

Off out with the old boy just now. Either he has doggy dementia or there is a bitch around – he’s not settling, howling at the slightest thing, whimpering and this morning I found he’d slept in my study where the window is low enough for him to see outside. Daft as a brush!

May use the walk as a warm up for a run.

Have a good ay everyone.
    Mx

Morning all!
    Jean- hope Steve has had a quiet night, & that you both had some sleep…and hopefully a less worrying day.
    Minols- you’re old chap sounds like Xena was at a full moon, but it’s not that at the moment! Nice that there’s still some life in him 😉 at least he can’t run off if there is a lady about! Hope you can get a run in too…
    Mel- have a lovely break with your friends…
    Dave- hope the knee’s better, bowling today?
    Nana- are you out anywhere nice today?
    Kay- any FDs for you?
    An 800 FD for me, I think- didn’t eat too much but it wasn’t keto so need to keep the carbs very low. Not sure if my coat has dried out after getting soaked yesterday evening with Xena!

Jean, let’s hope the worst is over, you must have been exhausted yesterday. Hope you slept ok. As Dave said, Charlie on the bed for cuddles?
    HH I don’t get away with cooking completely. There are usually a few voices in the morning “make me scrambled eggs Mel”. I am famous for my scrambled eggs! Also we provide the wine for the week and take us all out for a meal when we have the two days back at ours before they go home. I would rather spend money than shop and cook for eight on holiday! Three coming here today so I am cooking tonight.
    My FDs went well. Looking forward to some 🍷🍷 tonight. What a shame about the Paris trip ☹️.
    Minols, how old is your dog? And what breed is he? You might have said but I have forgotten.
    Good luck to all fasters today – Not me 😀😀

Morning All..
    Looks like more improvement, stomach tube out now he can’t eat with it in and a cup of tea by a straw not quite the same..the boy likes his food and cuppa’s..shall we call it a B2B liquid only? He is not sleeping, too noisy, bleeping machines up and down the corridor, walking nurses, poking and prodding and he is sat up too…just text he is sat out of bed going through the pain 😬
    I slept like a log, Charlie slept for 14 hours except 30 mins for bedtime milk and toilet!..continued to sleep on our bed no hello or fuss when I arrived home…he really is more content and settled now…he did big fuss when I went to see him. He is confused sometimes on where Steve is but much better than we thought, still eating!

Dave..
    The noise just like you said!

Hedgehog..
    What a shame on your sons surprise, nice he got his money back..and a lovely meal out too…hoping your elder finds somewhere for his friend ( nephew?) to stay…thanks I feel more settled a worrying two days ok now.

Minols..
    I know the feeling of the old boy it happens to me too 😂..the only bonus I still remember…hope you get on your run..

Off for walkies..speak later

Jean x

Pleased things are looking up, Jean! X

Charlie’s definitely snuggling up with…he doesn’t seem to have missed him a lot..I think he knows and he is content with us…I might be coming back smelling of him…who knows…

Having 30 mins to my self and a tea before getting ready to go at 12….55 mins at the park Charlie is nice and tired…

I am fasting today…

Steve’s daughter coming up Friday from her sisters in Manchester, to see Steve..don’t know if she will stay or visit the hospital and head back to Wales..speak later with her…

Mel..
    Ooh cooking for 8 my worst nightmare…3 is much better…pay for a meal out much easier..enjoy your couple of days with them.

Jean x

It’s good Steve is doing well,not much chance of sleep for him until he gets home,they used to take my blood at 3am so I gave up on any chance of sleep and can sleep during the day anymore since I stopped working nights.A fast day for me today,no bowling but I have to go to doctors at 3-30, I am one tablet short so need to get some plus I go to Cyprus in less than a month so need to get double prescription.I will ask if I can get a stronger pain killers but ones that I can have alcohol with.I worked out I must average less than half a pint a day over the year,but enjoy a few on holiday.

Jean- Glad that Charlie’s not missing Steve, that would’ve been an extra gmheadache for yiu…hope you have a good visit with Steve, I’m sure he’ll be pleased to see his daughter. Charlie will enjoy the company if she does stay, but no sprats for him!
    Dave- hope you can get better painkillers, keep strong on your FD…
    Mel- sorry I didn’t mean to imply you were shirking! Nice that eveyone mucks in…I wouldn’t mind cooking for 8 at home, not sure about on holiday when it’a a different kitchen! Sorry, I’ve forgotten where you’re going? Anyone have dogs, will Jodie have company?
    Went somewhere new with Xena for a walk this morning, she was happy, a very good run. Can’t get motivated to do much, off to see mum soon anyway. Fasting okay, tummy is rumbling…

Just took Heidi out,she is slowing down these days, I have been dreading this happening but she is mostly behind me now.She still gets her ball out around midnight and chases it round the living room 😄. Cricket back in the telly now😃

HH – didn’t take it that way! Eight of us (friends for 40 odd years) are self catering round the Durham area. They live in Kent where we used to live. Jodie is the lone dog, but I don’t think she minds. She loves being spoilt by everyone. Lots of new walks too. She is not a dog to be happy with the same few local walks. She is very used to variety!
    Dave – sad when they start slowing down. Our last standard poodle was fit and raring to go up to his death in the garden so we never had that decline. He was 12. Don’t know what I will do when Jodie goes.

Heidi is 13,my first dog died at 19, second dog was 15 so hopefully Heidi will reach 15.

Evening everyone,
    Jean i hope that Steve is continuing to improve and glad that Charlie’s not missing him to much.
    Hedgehogs today was our usual Ely trip and I had a traditional breakfast there then nothing else until around half five which was courgetti and homemade tomato ,garlic and basil sauce. Never had courgetti before but one of my birthday presents this year was a spiraliser and a packet of courgette seeds so I used my home grown courgette and 🍅 – turned out to be a nice low calorie meal followed by some yoghurt made in my easiyo yoghurt together with a banana.

Hope everybody has had a good day
    Nana x

Evening All..
    Going off to the park again after my cuppa…fast day has gone well, I have two lovely cakes what Steve couldn’t eat looking at me in the kitchen…I might put them in a cupboard 😬

Steve looking much better than the last couple of days…after about 15 mins thought he still looks very poorly and he’s very tired. He had two three hour operations, key hole, the second operation they took 3 litres of blood from around his chest that’s 7 pints, no wonder he had a team of 15 around his bed deciding what to do..his nurse said how poorly he was she went home shattered as he kept her very busy..bless she’s lovely…

His daughter is coming up for afternoon visiting tomorrow then staying over..

Jean x

Jean- how are things? Hope Steve is still improving….
    Dave- sad when they slow down, you’ve definitely kept your dogs going well! I walked Xena in pouring rain yesterday, but it was still lovely, I missed not having a dog so much when Josie went…
    Lets hope Heidi keeps going for lots longer!
    Mel- hope you have a great trip…
    Had a nice game with mum & sis & then another walk with Xena to the park, no dogs again so just a game with our ball.
    Fasting going okay…

Me again forgot to say that I managed to loss another pound this week which I’m pleased about as we had the evening of good and drinking around friends Saturday evening and then lunch at Franky and Bennys on Monday.
    Nana x

Well done Nana! Don’t think I’ll get on the scales…I haven’t lost anything!

Nana..
    Well done on the loss..great considering you went out twice…weigh in for me tomorrow..lovely breakfast out at Ely…our wings clipped at the minute….☹️

Hedgehog..
    Have you stayed the same?

Dave..
    You must look after your animals well..Steve’s the same all his animals have long lives..

Jean x

I took Heidi out and she could see one of her friends in front, but couldn’t catch up, eventually we reached the main road and a man and his dog crossed over to get away from the dog only to walk into us.I said to him she is ok with dogs,he said hello Heidi,his mum knows Heidi and told him about her😄.Fast day fell apart I had haddock and chips 🙃🙁☹️.U went to doctors and wasn’t good news,the doctor told me I have very severe osteoarthritis in both knees and did I want knee replacements ☹️☹️☹️, I said not at the moment but felt very down so bought a bar of chocolate😨😧😦😮.Had that so don’t think the scales will be kind tomorrow.

Morning all!
    Jean- hope that Steve had a better night & is recovering okay? Is his daughter coming today? Hope Charlie’s still okay too…
    Dave- that’s rough about your knees- undestandable with the FD! You never know, it could be a good result on the scales & a new fish & chip diet?!
    Kay- I think you’re getting the brunt of the bad weather today- hope it’s not too bad!
    Minols- how did the run go?
    Mel- have a good trip…
    Nana- have a good day, are you out anywhere?
    Going out with my HS family to Jimmy’s farm today, weather’s not going to be great though, hopefully it’ll be quiet! Another 800 day.

Morning all
    The run went fine, thanks, HH – shortening it just now cos don’t like being out too long and leaving the boy. Ideally I’d go before OH goes to work, but he’s out really early at the moment.

Mel – the old dog is 13.5 and a Norwegian Elkhound – imagine the love-child of a husky and an Alsatian. He’s had two back surgeries in the last couple of years, and we thought we’d be on to just a few months left after each of them, but he’s pretty remarkable. Once he gets into his stride, you’d never know anything was wrong, but when he slows down and gets distracted by a smell, his back legs look like they’re being controlled by a dog in another field! Our young dog died a couple of years ago, just 10, and since then the old dog has been ‘wired to the moon’ – he always was a howler not a barker, but really only when he had a ball to ‘kill’ or a stick to terrorise. Now when I bring food out of the kitchen – he howls. When I put my coat on for the walk – he howls…and he’s getting demented with the excitement of anticipation! Hysterically funny, but also a bit like bagpipes – you appreciate it much more outside than inside where you fear for you ear-drums.

So there you have it…the story of the rug currently at my feet twitching in his sleep!

Mx

There is a big dog we see in our walk,it’s an Alaskan Malamute, never seen it out of the garden though,so don’t know if it goes for walkies.Its from Canada, I was talking to the owner,she said she bought two in Canada and brought them over here,they are registered as a wolf,one if them died and her other one was bad too but the vet saved her.Her legs are twice the size of Heidi’s.I asked her how her dog was a few weeks ago and she said they had a burger and the dog escaped from the house and chased him and was hit by a car, I think the car cane if worst 😃.it’s always behind a big gate and I say to Heidi shall we go and see the wolf, Heidi is scared of it I think,it just looks at her but if I stroke Heidi it starts howling,doesn’t like me touching Heidi 😀.Not got on the scales yet getting dry from my shower,up very early today and it’s pouring down☔☔☔.Hope Steve had a good night and is well on the way to recovery.

Morning All..
    I am at GOAL -1….no one here to share it with….2 lbs lost….more off now for wriggle room….

Steve’s fed up is that a good sign, off for X-ray this morning, tablets for high pulse to slow him down, that’s pretty normal for him maybe a bit too high, he always runs at about 98…

No idea what’s happening with step daughter she runs on her own time, no idea if she staying over..a pain in the backside! ..I do like a plan ….She is supposed to be afternoon visiting, I shall go at 12 as usual…

Dave..
    Haddock and chips just lovely…no rain as yet but looking iffy..

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy the farm today the children do love them…hope the weather stays kind..

Minols..
    Love the story about the old boy….

Off to the park to tire this boy out, then I don’t feel awful leaving him, he goes and sleeps on our bed ( belongs to all three of us) 😂

Jean x

The rain is coming your way Jean☔, I don’t think the fish and chips diet works,gained 3lbs, almost.Got to sort all my meds out now got a giant bag from pharmacy,two months supply because of the holiday coming up.I will try and go as long as I can without surgery on my knees, would mess my bowling up.I bet Steve can’t wait to get home for some sleep.

Morning Everyone,

Jean congratulations and so pleased to hear Steve is improving.

Hedgehogs today’s plan is to make some plum chutney something I’ve never made before but I’m using a BBC recipe i found online. One of our neighbours has given us about five kilos of plums so some for chutney and probably going to freeze the rest. This evening is take away Friday as always and tonights choice Indian curry.

Dave a shame about your knees I’ve only been diagnosed with the start of Osteoarthritis in my left knee and that can be quite painful at times so can only imagine the pain you must be having. This is why I want to lose and keep off the extra weight that I’m carrying to ease the load on my knee.

Minols good work on the running something I’ve never been able to do even when I was young and not overweight.

Have a good day everyone whether fasting or not.

Nana x

Watching cricket but think it will be raining soon at Lord’s.Very heavy rain here,it’s stopped for the moment but plenty more to come.I think I am in a catch 22 situation regarding my weight, I lose some then put it all back on when on holiday.I imagine I will gain at least a stone and a half in Cyprus.

Know what you mean I’m usually pretty good at losing and regaining the same amount pity I’m not at my correct weight because I seem to be able to maintain the weight I’m at now 😕

Hi All..
    Starting raining wet weather gear on….roll on winter ☹️…had a coffee and toast at the cafe for a change…

Steve has to have three units of blood he is a bit short….his surgeon is pleased with him and knows what the problem was, said he will be much better after he has the blood…no worries..

Wales Step Daughter has just left her sisters in Manchester, said 1hour 15 to hospital ..in her dreams…she must be blxxdy flying, and it’s Friday I am so cross with her…takes me 40 mins to hospital a short way not her way, 1.30 on a really good day to her sisters…hey hoe…keep calm…

Dave..
    Difficult to bowl with new knees…holidays can be difficult for weight it’s balancing it….

Nana..
    I love making jam, I used to do strawberry, trouble is then scones have to be made to use it or give some jam away…

Well off to hospital…

Jean x

Jean good to know Steve will be better when he gets the blood, I am good at balancing I put it on then take it off 😄.It’s looking like rain all day here so Heidi will be a soggy doggie.My knees are the reason I can’t do 10,000 steps lucky to do 5,000 although I did 13,000 the other day when I was bowling and taking Heidi out.Heidi can’t go far these days, she’s got a limp already and her front leg gives way sometimes.

Forgot to mention I lost an inch .😃😃😃

Took Heidi out,had to put my Herr Flick coat on.My knees hate this damp weather, really sore now after walk, I got soaked off a car too,it was in the middle of the road so don’t blame the driver.Heidi came in and soaked Denise 😀😀😀.She let bed being rubbed down with a towel.

Evening!
    Jean- well done you 🌟🌟🌟🌟! Brilliant to be at goal weight, you obviously don’t comfort eat when you’re stressed…hope that Steve feels better soon, wouldn’t have helped if he’s lost alot of blood…although he could probably match your weight loss 😂 Hope SD gets to see him before visiting time is over!!
    Dave- Well done on the inch loss! hope the knees aren’t too painful after getting wet; were there any other painkillers the doctor could prescribe? We met a huge malamute the other day with Xena, she liked him!
    Minols- your doggy sounds such a character! I didn’t realise he was so big!
    Nana- enjoy the curry!
    Mels- hope you’re time with friends is going well!
    Kay- been wet enough for us here, but you were getting the bulk of it! Have a good evening with Neil…
    I’ve stayed the same weight this week 😣Had a good time at the farm- although we didn’t get very far! We fed the chickens & goats then the twins got stuck in to the sand pit, after that they were tired & hungry so it was time to go! Had to go shopping this afternoon, indulged in a nut bar- aldi do a low carb one, lovely! Made a sort of rissotto tonight with the low carb rice I bought the other week- it was nice & hubby liked it too, he’s been grumbling that we don’t eat much of the same food so good to have something we can both eat! & it made dinner very low cal so well in my 800cals!

HH I have got different painkillers,not tried them yet, will use the old ones up first.The weather has been atrocious,rain non stop all day.I think the bowling green will be like a lake at the moment, hopefully it will stop raining tomorrow so I can practice.We play a very good team on Monday all their team have won most of their games😬

Evening All…
    Steve was very poorly again today..pulse was 155 and his low BP he looked awful…he was sat out of bed but doctor got the nurses to help him lay him down again, he was dizzy and feeling sick..he waited 8 hours for the blood to arrive, he had three pints, 1 every two hours…just finishing his last pint, he said he feels a bit better…trying to get some sleep…

Dave ..
    Pouring with rain on the afternoon walk all winter wet weather gear on…Charlie had his coat on too…hope these tablets help…well done on your inch..everything helps…

Hedgehog..
    It’s lovely to not cook for a week, something on toast and missing lunch…make it easy..Steve’s not eating anything, odd ice cream and milkshake he feels sick, some sponge and custard…he didn’t even fancy a cup of luke warm strong tea 😬…I would be fasting too, nothing for me…corn beef has been on the menu three days, from a hash to sandwiches!!

Good the farm went well and you have found one meal you all can eat..

I found in my back bedroom a lovely basket of special mixed dark chocolate for my April birthday totally forgot about it….Steve got very similar delivered today off my daughter in America..we can share as always! 😀

Had a good evening with my step daughter, she did come very late (it took her 3 1/2 hours not the 90 mins she said) but they let her stay through dinner as Steve wasn’t eating…she is visiting in the morning too, before me…

Night night

Jean x

Jean, well done on hitting goal! Hope that Steve gets to improve properly now hes had the extra blood.

Its been awful here today but I think its set to get better from tomorrow.

Ive maintained again this week. Like a few of you have said I dont seem to have a problem maintaining at this weight, roughly, but when I loose a few pounds I never seem to maintain at my lower weight!

Kay x

Jean- hope that Steve has a better day…should improve with some more blood. Lovely finding the chocolate, hope you enjoy sharing that when Steve’s home! We had a very wet walk yesterday too…
    Kay- maintaining better than putting on! That’s good…But I’ve had 3x800cal FDs to maintain though, oh dear!
    Dave- hope you get some bowling practice in…
    Not sure what we’re up to though, Mum coming for dinner tonight, so a nonFd.

Morning All..
    Just feel as if I short changed the boy in his walk..blue skies then it came over looking like rain came back and just made it…no coat on!…only 30 mins, play time I think to help get him tired ..
    Steve sounds a bit better fed up and bored so a good sign, he has had cereal and toast this morning, he’s not eating so that good too…

I had a nice evening with his daughter, she had mad time with Charlie no idea where she gets her energy from..so all was well..she bought a squeaky ball twice as big as a tennis ball, he loved it played all night now it’s disappeared this morning, just can’t find it, it’s here but where, lime green it’s a mystery…so annoying.

Kay..
    This maintaining..I have been like it well over a year..I go on holiday a few pounds go on ..I take them off, stick at the same weight as before holiday….it’s only this last 6 weeks my body has decided to go down…so annoying and disheartening…

Still what do we say ‘Better to maintain, and stay on 5.2..What size would we be if we were not doing it!’

Hedgehog..
    Looks like I am helping him to change pyjamas, get washed and sort him out when I get there…too many tubes to do on his own..
    We both have a basket of plain chocolate to eat..we will eat one then the other when he’s home….how can I can I forget I had mine !!

Enjoy your meal tonight..which pudding on the menu?

Dave..
    Is bowling today or watching footy?

Have a good weekend..
    Jean

Been bowling, watching the Ashe’s now and football later.I was quite warm when I got home from bowling and the ice cream van turned up so Denise and I had 99s😄.Had lots of corned beef sandwiches,salads not over keen on ash.Good Steve is eating.

Jean- good that Steve has been able to eat a bit, he’ll need feedibg up when he’s home! Years ago the nurses would’ve helped Steve was etc, crazy now they’re too busy…
    Dave- ooh, ice cream…I could be very tempted if the van comes here!
    Had 2 letters which threw me today- I have a parking fine (again!) from helping with the HS stall at the retail park- we were told if we gave our reg numbers they’d authorise it, but obviously that hasn’t been done, so spent ages doing the appeal form online!
    Also had a letter from son’s ex girlfriend, saying how she hoped we coukd forgive her & thanking us for welcoming her, how happy she’d been with him, & a memory book for him when he’s ready! Texted her to say that we don’t blame her, & hope that she enjoys uni. I also told her to be careful (as son says she wants to experiment with drugs when she goes😰). Now we have to decide when to give him the book, I think it will upset him even more right now…
    Had a lovely beach walk with Xena, met 2 lab puppies, made me broody!! & haven’t been very good as we had a cream tea!!

Quick check in. Horrible wet journey yesterday but the place is really beautiful. We couldn’t get the WiFi working yesterday but sorted now. Have been trying to eat mindfully but the wine drinking is anything but!
    Jean, so glad Steve is improving. HH thanks for the lovely info about your dog. I googled the breed so I can visualise him now, what beautiful faces they have. Had a good walk today, in a field with sheep we met one which must have been bottle fed. It came up for a scratch and to sniff Jodie, who was most disconcerted 😂. Right, people milling about now so will say bye to everyone. Have a good Sunday, fasting or not.

Hi All..
    Steve sent me packing after a couple of hours he wanted to sleep but couldn’t while I was there..he had his daughter there for three hours before me so just too much…I came home and took the boy to park, I had a cookie and coffee before they closed…a couple of rounds of the park met loads of dogs, it does suit him he comes home shattered…I turned my phone off for the hour too.

Thought he may come home tomorrow but his heart is out of rhythm and lungs still not right he is having tablets and through the night to see if they can sort things out..so may be Monday….I don’t think he is ready to come home yet so happy for another day…

I am going to York tomorrow to a Dalmatian Rally at the race course we have both been looking forward to it..Steve is insisting I go and visit a little later…it will be interesting..

Dave …
    I could fancy an ice cream the vans don’t seem to come round now…

Hedgehog..
    Shame on the parking ticket…ooh the girlfriend needs to be careful with those thoughts going to uni, she will be thrown out before she starts…you wanting another puppy? 😂

Mel..
    Enjoy your time away..sorry I have missed where you are going…with all your friends I would think…enjoy.

Well I thought I was having an easy evening but a pile of washing maybe dry…so ironing ☹️…then a red wine to celebrate my weight loss…I have a bottle open..

Jean x

A straight forward 4 hours work today and then after a chill out on the sofa for a bit, then pottered around in the garden for a few hours tidying things up.

Work tomorrow, at least 6 hours I reckon but then Monday off!!!
    Sadly Neil was off today and was quite tired after early shifts so we didnt plan to do anything.
    If I do finish on time tomorrow, then we will consider going to the beach on the boards, depending on what the conditions are like.

Jean, glad you are managing to take Charlie out for decent walks still. It sounds like Steve is making good progress and will be home in a couple of days. How long is the recovery likely to be?

Mel, I think the worst of the weather is past now, so enjoy! And particularly enjoy the red wine 🍷
    We had a very nice bottle of rioja a few nights ago, mmmm

HH, annoying about the parking fine, hope the appeal is straight forward without having to argue.
    Interesting about your sons ex-gf! Maybe the relationship ending was the best thing for him!

Dave, Im sure you are now enjoying the footie. Definitely a sporty day. No ice creams round here unfortunately although we do have some cart d’or rum and raisin and salted caramel in the freezer 😉

Nana, did you enjoy your curry? Whats your favourite? I love curry and do like a bit of spice and heat, but still like to taste the food.

Minols, hope you arent too busy with things.

Going to catch up with some tv and then an early night I think.

Kay x

Kay..
    If he was working they say 6 weeks to a short working day, 12 weeks to driving…..9 to 12 months full recovery ..

Just finished my ironing…feel shattered…going to have a red wine, you reminded me. 😂..I love a Rioja one of my favourites..

Hope you get the boards out with Neil….my favourite curry buttered chicken, I like it with a bit of heat but like you to taste the food.

It’s really walks and hospital and walks, it really tires him so I know he will sleep…I brought some of Steve’s dirty washing home he got so excited over it he was looking for him outside…bless…I will have to keep him off jumping up might have to put him on a lead he will be so excited when he comes home…

Red wine now!

Jean x

Cheers Jean 🍷😀

Evening everyone,

Today has been a fast day and an aiming to have another one tomorrow because of eating out every day next week 😕

Jean hope they get Steve sorted out. Enjoy your day tomorrow wonder what Charlie will make of his fellow Dalmations.

Dave a good day of sport for you to enjoy not forgetting the ice cream 🍦.

Kay 65 our friends asked if we minded having a Thai takeaway instead of an Indian when we met up with them last night which I didn’t mind as I’ll eat most things hence the reason for my being overweight. My favourite Curry is a Pathia or Dhansak when I first had curry i started off with a Bhuna but have moved up the heat scale since then. Hope you get to the beach tomorrow.

Mel enjoy your time away.

Hedgehogs bad luck on the parking ticket and hope it’s sorted out quickly. Talking of Lab puppies daughter and son in law had planned on taking Poppy to the coast on Thursday but she was poorly in the morning and they think it was due to her worming tablets that she had on Wednesday – she was very lethargic and didn’t want to eat much of her food but she had recovered by the evening so they took her to her dog training class as they didn’t want her to miss out.
    They also let her off the lead for the first time yesterday and her recall was very good.

Have a good evening everyone.

Nana x

Mel..
    Cheers glass in hand…going to settle and watch an old Billy Connolly..strange on my own.. 🍷

Nana..
    Good luck on your B2B..I am being naughty, just needed it…..back to low day tomorrow for me…
    X

Jean after the week you’ve had you deserve a 🍷 – Enjoy x

Morning All..
    A bright day and no rain for us…looking forward to York today, for Charlie’s play date, lots on holiday so I don’t think there’s that many going…which is maybe good on my first visit of joining them…strange I don’t do a lot on my own and feel nervous not like me at all as I talk to anyone…..It will be interesting…Steve’s sad he can’t join us but he can on the next Rally…

Still don’t know if he’s out today or tomorrow Doctors do their rounds at about 11 or early afternoon…he is sounding much brighter….dishing orders about 😂, clean pjs, towel, another book is needed..so all looking good…

Have a good day all…

Jean x

Jean- glad that Steve is feeling more perky, will be lovely for him to get home, but hope not too soon…Have a great time at the dally rally! Has Charlie met many before? You don’t see many about now…Made me laugh Steve wanting things bringing in- we joked Dad would need a removal van as he’d collected so much stuff when he had a long stay & private room!
    Kay- hope you finish on time & get to go to the beach…very impressed that you have 2 tubs of Carte D’or & haven’t tucked into them!!
    Mel- have a lovely time!
    Nana- hope your FD goes well, will be a nice week going out alot but not good for the waistline! Hope Poppy stays good with recall, a nerve wracking time!
    Dave- enjoy all the sport…
    Having a real battle to stick to the FD today, so far I’m winning…had a nice meal with mum last night, I think it’s harder for me to get back into it after a relaxed day! One good walk with Xena, we might take her out somewhere depending on the weather- having a bbq later so of course it’s raining!

Took Heidi around the churchyard,it’s the only time she sees any long grass,it’s gone very dull here,Alexa says there is a 47% chance of rain, typical the sun just came Steve sounds much better,that’s good.I must give my bowls a polish ready for tomorrow,we play a very good team so it’s going to be difficult to win my first game, I always seem to play against a good bowler,and the team we play tomorrow are all good.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,201 through 23,250 (of 35,395 total)

You must be logged in to reply.