Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,896 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,151 through 23,200 (of 35,382 total)

• Mel, well done on the 3lbs and the disappearing bottom! Looks like you have adopted the ‘going away diet’ similar to Daves succesful chocolate and ice cream diets!!

Its funny how it goes. I managed a couple of weeks on the Fast 800 earlier in the year and didnt find it too bad. Nowadays I struggle to do even one day!

Dave, good luck with the bowling today. Is it steak night tonight?

Nana, enjoy your lunch out. Like the sound of the veggie tapas type meal.

HH, glad your son is feeling a bit more positive, maybe the meet up with her was needed for him to move on.
    Yuk, dentists. I had to cancel my appointment when I had my poorly car. Rescheduled to October! Not bothered though as Im not having any problems, its only to replace a slightly loose filling.

Car now restored to full working order. Im not looking forward to the bill though as I had the timing belt replaced at the same time. Luckily its a guy in the village and they are never in a rush to drop off the invoice.

Minols, when does the boy go back to school, must be soon. Is the difference in term times in Scotland down to daylight hours later in the year?

Hi Lynne, good to know you are still around x

Finally got a day off today after working 6 days in a row! Another row of 6 starting tomorrow! Making the most of it this month whilst its busy.
    Neils still got 2 late shifts left and then we get some evenings together!
    So a NFD today but 16:8 and a FD tomorrow.

Going to have a bit of a potter in the garden later, see whats what now that the weather has settled back down. Sunny out there at the moment but a few grey clouds around.

Im going to indulge in another coffee and a bit of a read. Ive just started a book called ‘500 mile walkies’ which is a humurous account of a mans journey walking the whole of the south west coast path with his dog. Its very funny!

Kay x

Hi HH I too have had a filling done today. Apparently I have a cracked tooth and although she has filled it and covered it up she isn’t sure that will hold it, also bacteria might have got in and it could get infected. She was right doom and gloom!
    Kay, I have read that book, years ago. Remember it though, walking and dogs, what’s not to love!
    Jean, poor you with the smell of Dettol. I thought Charlie might have got rid of his spots (well not all of them). He is going to stink.
    Have a good game Dave.

Just back from bowling ☹️ lost again but against one of their better players.I was miles behind but didn’t give up and got the score to 18-18 before he finally won 21-18.I told him it was only my second game and he couldn’t believe it,he told all the others on his team and they came up to me and said I did very well,My teammates said the same so I am happy with the way I bowled,maybe third time lucky.

Jean- hope all’s going well…shame about the extra jobs you’ve got now! Hope you can get rid of the smell before Steve gets home, he’ll think he’s back in hospital!
    Dave- well done you, sounds like you bowled really well!
    Kay- glad you’ve got your car back…alot of hours you’re working but I guess the holiday season will be over in another month…the book sounds good!
    Mel- hope your tooth stays okay & doesn’t get infected. My dentist is the opposite, very smiley & happy, sings away as she works!
    Not a good afternoon; went out with sis & her dog, got stuck in road works & a traffic jam so a 10 minute journey to the heath took 45 mins- with Xena barking the whole way! A lovely walk, but it poured with rain, then traffic jam was no better on the way home, & even after her walk Xena kept up the barking! So comfort ate some peanut butter! But haven’t eaten anything else so should still be on track…

The rain as stopped now thankfully, speedway tonight so fingers crossed it stays away.Put the steak in the freezer so it will be a fast day today.

Evening All..
    Just got in and I had egg and bacon…Charlie went in the garden picked up Steve’s book and shredded it, a blue bin job…as I say put things away!

He is down for surgery at noon tomorrow expected back on ward at 6 pm looks like I won’t be visiting him, unless he’s a back a bit earlier…I have a round trip of 1.30 hours…see how he goes…
    Someone on the ward had the same op he looked really poorly..Steve is a bit nervous about it all and me too…

Kay..
    Glad the cars better..6 days on the trot is busy and another 6 to go..you will look forward to the evenings with Neil..

Mel..
    Charlie’s spots a lot better just a few left..I am not using the dettol yet just to have in…he cut his back leg in 4 places and one on his face, maybe brambles but they ok now. Windows left open much better but I can smell it…

Dave..
    You are doing so well with the bowling…enjoy speedway tonight…

Hedgehog…
    Hoping the traffic has gone when I go to the park…I have had a good fast day…up to now!!😂…sounds as if you was well stuck…

Jean x

I know it’s a worrying time Jean but they know what they are doing, done it thousands of times.My daughter starts work at The Christie hospital next Monday,it’s a world renowned cancer hospital.Have faith all will be good and he will soon be home.

Evening everyone,

Jean glad Steve is okay for the operation tomorrow a long drive to the hospital for you – naughty Charlie regarding the book.

Dave well done with your bowls and enjoy the speedway this evening.

Hedgehogs what a trial to walk Xena hopefully she’ll get out of the barking when travelling in the car.

We ended up going to Frankie and Bennys for lunch along with our son in law whose on holiday from work sadly daughter had to work but that gives us an excuse to take her out to lunch one day when she’s not going to be working. I had calamari rings with garlic mayonnaise followed by tortellini filled with spicy Italian sausage. Still feeling full so will have nothing else to eat today – have worked out calories for today including my breakfast of a poached egg on a small slice of dry wholemeal toast and I’ve come in about 75 calories under my tdee so pleased with that. Next Fasting day is planned for tomorrow.

Hope everyone’s day has gone well whether fasting or not.

Nana x

Dave..
    Thanks it’s easier said than done…hospital food was good tonight, full beef dinner and apple pie not like mine but he ate it all…😀

Nana..
    Your meal sounds lovely a good catchup with SIL..like you say daughters turn next time….I quite like Frankie and Bennies..pork ribs for me very messy but nice.
    Have a good fasting day tomorrow.

Jean x

Jean- glad the MRSA test was obvs okay, strange to be in so early before his op, but at least he has his bed! If they were worried about the op being complicated then they’d have booked an intensive care bed for Steve, so if he’s on a normal ward think on that as a good sign. Lots of prayers still in your direction & good that Steve’s had one decent meal! You’re doing great fasting today!
    Nana- nice that your SIL wanted to go out with you & without daughter, will be nice to take her out later…
    Dave- hope that you can see the speedway!
    Haven’t worked out the calories today, but it should be low…this stupid filling has set off the nerve pain I get in my face from a damaged nerve- I’m cross as I hadn’t asked what tooth it was beforehand, I could’ve upped the medication I’m on ready, will have to wait until tonight to take it 😣. So couldn’t face munching on salad!

Hedgehog..
    He has had another blood test today, he has to have two tests from different nurses, in case he needs a transfusion..hoping he doesn’t have a bleeding do!..I think he’s in intensive care tomorrow after the op for 5 or more hours depending how he is, sometimes the lung can collapse, they can inflate on their own but can need help too. Depends which op they do so won’t know until tomorrow. He’s bored and fed up at the moment..

Hope your face settles nothing like tooth pain… have some bed time medication and then you can sleep tonight..🤞

Jean x

Jean- hope that you get some sleep too!

Night night x

Night Jean X, speedway was great good racing.Bowling practice tomorrow with my son then shopping, might try another fast day tomorrow ( no cobs🥴) Heidi just mythered me for her chews😄.

Morning all!
    Jean- thinking of you & Steve this morning; hope all goes well & that there is time to visit afterwards. Keep strong…
    Dave- glad the speedway was good, enjoy the bowling, go steady on the shopping 😉
    Mel- hope your FD goes okay!
    Nana- are you fasting too?
    Kay- hope the car bill is not too bad…
    Minols- hope your son has settled back home & you can get your work done okay…
    Will hopefully have an 800cal day today! Tooth pain a little easier, have a few things planned to keep busy. Will try to keep son busy too, he’s off today.

Morning All…
    Bright and off to the park..it’s a good run and shatters him if there’s doggies to play with…might have a coffee..

Steves nervous but ok…I am ok, unless people go off on one like my sister and upsets me, otherwise I have to be strong for Steve…glad I am texting and not talking to anyone, still I will have to call them later…

Glad to say no painting on the wall were the dettol went…it marked for a couple of days, I went to give it a good wash down before painting and it’s disappeared. I have some wood work to paint just haven’t had time thought it may keep me busy..I will see how I feel later…

Hedgehog..
    Glad your mouth is feeling a bit better..may join you on another fasting day…hope you son feels better too it’s not nice when you are young…or any age…

Dave..
    Did you get to speedway..?

Kay..
    Back to work for you..are you back on track or still struggling…

Minols..
    Everything ready for school, he will soon be going…my Houston children I think start tomorrow, three children at three different schools!…walk youngest, buses for two..although the elder one has football practice at 6am every day starts in a couple of weeks, no bus!

Nana, Mel, Cakey, anything planned today….Lynne are you coming back to join us or are you fine now…

Speak later

Jean x

Good luck today Jean,yes I made it to speedway,some of the best races all season.Up early so will go shopping after I take Heidi out.The sun is trying to break out 😄.

He had his pre med at 12 so possibly went down at 1 pm a hour late…

I had to paint a metre square on my dettol spill it all came back, a touch up here and there around the house, a few grease splashes in the kitchen I am a dirty worker..Charlie’s corner..two radiators painted…I shall paint two door frames and call it a day for now…

Not a fast day had some cheese on toast but will be only a light day…

X

Aiming for 800 calories today, back home from bowling and aching a bit.My son didn’t come with me today and the women were asking where he was 😄.I was playing on my own when a woman walked up to me on the bowling green and asked if I would play with her, I said it’s the best offer I have had today so we had a game then she asked if I would play with a man who has dementia,so I said send him on, I had to remind him to stand on the mat to bowl every time but he said he really enjoyed it.

Dave..
    Glad to be wanted…its nice to give someone some patience…we could be there one day…

First coat done in the lounge may need a second coat..looks pretty good so may get away with it..it’s not long since I did it…
    Taking the boy out early about 4pm in case I can visit..he has been asleep since his last walk he’s absolutely shattered, not moved at all…

Jean x

Jean- thinking of you, not nice waiting, maybe they’d let you visit anyway even if it’s late as he’s had surgery? Hope you hear soon…Lots of travelling for you. Good that Charlie was worn out enough for you to do painting! No doggy games for Xena, lots must be away still, only a couple of oldies at our park this morning 😞
    Dave- they sound nice & friendly at your place! Kind of you to help out with the dementia people.
    When we were at the park this morning I saw the people from the care home again, one of the carers was having a gentle kick about with a chap, that was lovely to see! Had to keep Xena away though, she was eyeing up their ball 😱. Hubby didn’t come with us; we disagree over lead training, & when he comes he gets fed up waiting for us so walks off in front, which makes Xena pull to catch up with him even more! Dog training with Nick went very well, she was happy to be back! Nick has a new border collie rescued puppy, didn’t get to meet her though…the owners wanted to get rid if her because she bites & jumps- she’s only 4 months- & they were going on holiday!
    Shopping this afternoon, made me hungry!

Jean, glad you sorted out the dettol stain. The smell will now mix in with the paint smell!
    Did you have to wake Charlie up for his walk or was he ready to go? Bet he’s wondering where Steve is?
    Im guessing, as Steve went down a bit later than planned, you may not be visiting until tomorrow. How long was the sugery likely to be?

Dave, sounds like the bowling is going really well and you are getting plenty of practice in. If your son doesnt go very often, you will easily beat him when he does go!

Ive had just under 400 cals so far today. Not sure what to have for tea as of yet. Had a cheese and pepper omelette about 2.30pm so still quite full.

I had an easier day in work today so I could take my time which was better. New lady starting tomorrow to replace one who walked out on Sunday after not liking being told off by our manager for not doing her job properly! If you dont want to be told off, do your job properly in the first place….simple!
    Anyway hopefully this new one will be better.

Neils last late shift tonight, so we get chance to have tea and the evening together tomorrow! We will probably go up to the pub for couple of hours later on, and its a NFD for me.

I think there are a few of us fasting, or having a low day, so keep strong and remember that tomorrow is a normal eating day (unless you’re Mel and doing b2b..lol)

Kay x

HH, our posts crossed!

Why do some people think that puppies should instintively know how to behave properly….grrr
    Xena still doing well with training by the sounds of it. What dont you and your hubby not agree on about the lead training?

Kay- hope the new lady works better! I job shared cleaning a school a while ago & the other cleaner just didn’t ever come in during the holidays, we were supposed to do a better clean then!
    Hubby thinks Xena should walk right close by his side, so keeps her on a really tight short lead…I’d rather her just not pull, happy if she walks a little in front as long as she is on a loose lead. So I stop every time she pulls, & wait for her to come back to me, he gets fed up waiting so walks off in front! We did a lead training workshop, you’re supposed to turn every time they pull, I do that sometimes but get dizzy if she’s really bad 😂
    Are you watching the Animal Rescue Live?!
    Jean- hope you get good news soon!

Heidi always pulled, turning round worked but got fed up with it. Also standing still for a minute works sometimes,now I am always in front of her unless there is a dog out cat then she goes in front of me 😄

Evening everyone,
    Jean hope everything’s fine with Steve.

Hedgehogs sounds like you have the same problem as I did with my husband when we were walking Poppy as he likes to have a tight lead whereas I prefer to allow a bit of slack. Poppy does quite well on her lead considering that she’s not very old yet.

Kay hope you’re new colleague turns out alright for you tomorrow.

Have had a busy day due to changing our living room around in preparation for some new furniture that’s due to be delivered shortly. One good thing about it was that I didn’t have time to feel hungry but did enjoy my meal once we’d finished. Have come in at a nice calorie count of 582 for the day. Am hoping for a good result on the scales tomorrow.

Nana x

Evening All..
    I managed to go to hospital..they never seem to tell you anything….he had been put in a post op single room he was all wired up for sound and pipes and very sleepy, he knew I was there but kept sleeping then woke up and thought I just arrived..I stayed a hour and left him to sleep..he’s on morphine he’s not the best on that, he does strange things. I think he’s had keyhole and think he’s down to come home Friday on his notes.
    Just sat and rung 5 people..a difficult one his sister who we haven’t spoke to for 5 years has sent a text, Steve stopped birthday cards and Xmas cards he was fed up of chasing her!..

Hedgehog..
    Have you looked at the Halti Harness, I find it really good ( not the nose piece)..clip on the front and on the top..if I put Charlie’s lead on the front he walks to heel or just in front ( telling him short lead), if I put it on the top he knows he has his flexi lead on and wanders..they are about £10 ( red and black)..the matching lead is very good too, comfy. Charlie would rather not have any on but I like it.
    Just remembered I used to walk him by a wall, then Charlie, then me, push him close to the wall tell him heel, so he knew what I wanted of him, push him with your knee, if coming too forward, close in on his head so he’s behind you..giving treats as you go.

What do people think of a puppy, they nibble and bite at that age poor little thing…..you had a good training lesson.

Kay..
    Charlie’s not as bad as I thought, I think he thinks Steve’s in the garage working as he does sometimes, he’s still eating but looks confused sometimes, when I came in tonight he looked for him…

Surgery was a two to three hours, quite major really..they will have him up tomorrow get him moving.

No fast for me I had haddock and chips although I left most of the chips..B2B Wednesday and Thursday chasing my goal weight, then wriggle room, another 5 lbs!…lovely to catchup with Neil in the next few days.

Good luck on your new lady hope she fits in…

Nana..
    Good luck on the scales tomorrow and your new delivery of furniture arrives and fits nicely….I think lead training is one of the hardest to train, it took me a good 6 weeks constantly at it with treats in hand, still only 20 mins a day.

Well I think to bed..feeling tired..

Jean x

I was tempted to have haddock and chips, Denise and I walked past the chippy this afternoon, I said I would have haddock and pea’s Denise could have haddock and chips and we would share the chips, but resisted.😇😇😇.Not a fast day tomorrow but will try and keep it low. They soon have you up and about after an operation,poor Steve won’t get much sleep tonight if it’s anything like when I was all wired up after my heart attack,noisy machine making noises all night and nurses checking blood pressure in the middle of the night. They put me in recovery for an hour or two then on a noisy ward, hardly got any sleep for four nights, plus only one small pillow,so I brought my own in with me.

Steve’s sounds very grotty this morning…can’t talk very much I could hardly understand him..lots of pain and poking about with…they tried to get him out of bed he said it was so painful, he felt sick and strange his BP dropped to 60 when it should of been 130..they put him back to bed…he has had no breakfast either..

Ear plugs are being taken in to help him to sleep…you know what it’s like Dave…food is not too bad at the moment if you can eat it…

Must dash..

Jean x

I know exactly what you mean about the earplugs, I think I got about six hours sleep over four nights, It helps also having an extra pillow.He will be groggy today, hopefully the pain relief will kick in and he will be out of bed walking around.The food I got was ok but the whole meal would fit in my hand.I lost a few pounds while I was in.Miserable weather here,glad I am not bowling today although they wanted me to but got Togo to gym today.My right knee is very sore today, I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow,so will ask him exactly how bad my knees are.

Did a post earlier this morning & it blocked it, over zealous spam filter, will try again…

Go for it HH.

Ooh, I’m back on!
    Jean- hope Steve improves soon & they get his BP under control, thinking of you both…all a worry, but it was a big op & very early days yet…🙏
    We have a gencon harness for Xena, it’s like a halti, use it quite a bit but she hates it!
    Dave- hope your knee holds up to the gym, & hope you don’t need a new one like Denise…
    Nana- hope the new furniture is good!
    Kay- enjoy time with Neil tonight!
    Mel- is it your last FD for a bit?
    Not fasting today- we’re out for a meal tonight to cheer son up- not that our company is that good!- & we don’t eat out that often so I’m not going to pretend it’ll be healthy! Other son is off to Yorkshire with my nephew flat hunting for him. A good walk with Xena, got home & 5 mins later it tipped it down so good timing!

Heidi hated the halti,she would get on her back in the middle of the street with all four legs in the air and try to get it off😁.Must take some co-codamol while I think on.Forgot my tablets last night🤯

Steve’s got to go back into surgery as he is bleeding..he’s not good at all….I am going now

Xx

Just rang again…they think it old blood, re positioned the drain..seeing how it goes but watching for clots..whatever that means…catch you all later..
    X

Hope he is good Jean and it is old blood,The blood thinners should take care of any clots.xx

Oh Jean, it is a worrying time for you. I have spent my share of time in hospital and know it can be miserable. A couple of times I was in my own room (bliss!). Hopefully not too long before he is back home where it is peaceful and he will be with his dog (oh and you!).
    HH yes last FD800 before 10 days of NFD, mainly with other people cooking! Yay! Must strike a balance between enjoying the holiday food and not doing EFS. And needless to say I will be on the 🍷🍷 every day. Yesterday’s FD went well and I did 21,500 steps too! 😇 In Waitrose today I found the Itsu seaweed thins, bought a pack and tried them. An acquired taste but I liked them and will deffo use on FD when I just want a little something savoury.
    Re dogs walking politely, when J was a puppy I tried to train her to heel, but husband was the other way and just let her go. So I stopped. However she became very good and doesn’t pull on her flexi lead which I use all the time. If I bring it in short in town she seems to know to stay close. Only time she pulls is if we go to the vets. You can see the claw scrapes in the pavement as she tries to haul us both past the door!

Jean- thinking of you. A balance between needing the blood to clot & heal around the surgery site, but not to clot anywhere else, & equally not to bleed in the lungs too… Keep strong. Don’t be afraid to request to speak to a doctor caring for him, sometimes you have to be a bit shirty…
    Mel- how do you keep getting out of cooking?! Lucky you…
    Dave- oops, forgotten tablets, just reminded me I need to check mine!

My knee is sore after gym but not hurting as much,Couldn’t do the exercise where you wrap elastic around your knees and then lift your legs, chair is too low for me,the one where you lift a weight behind your head then do a sort of Russian dance then stand up is a killer at the moment too.Pouring down here just for a change.

Hi All..
    They took Steve down for surgery at 2.15 to clean up the area of blood, they are concerned on blood clots and sepsis, they don’t think it’s new blood so I have come home.
    He looks really poorly his BP kept dropping..he was on the list for 6pm but they jumped him up earlier..he may be on intensive care over night…

Ringing sister soon, see how he is, take the boy out and possibly go back.

Jean x

Jean- poor Steve & poor you…will be good for them to keep a better eye on him in intensive care, hope you’re able to visit him again. Big hug for you…
    Dave- those exercises sound intetesting! No wonder they hurt…
    Raining here too; Xena wanted to go in the garden, took one look & went back to bed!

Oh Jean – just caught up with posts, but had Steve (and you) in my heart all week…and will keep going for you both this evening and tonight.

Not much else matters, really – sorry to have been absent this week. Boy off for another week here (we’re the county that gets the extra week – counties in Scotland take it in turns to have 7 weeks – us this year), so juggling a bit, and not bothering with fasting particularly. Kay – I know what you mean…did 800 for a couple of weeks, and seems straightforward, and assume I can drop into it anytime – but can’t!!

Going to make leftovers pie tonight – had both chicken and ham earlier in the week deliberately so I could leftovers! Then back to work.

Hugs to you, Jean, but what the heck…we’re in this together so – GROUP HUG!

mx

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 For you and Steve

Group hug indeed! 🤗

Jean I hope they sort things out quickly. Im sure they are on top of things and things will settle soon.
    I guess the concern is that with a drop in bp, that could mean a bleed rather than old blood, but either way, they will soon know whats occurring and get it sorted.

Tough time for you though. Hope Charlie is giving you lots of cuddles. He will be wondering whats happening x

I’m in the group hug too. Everything else seems so small when a friend (which is consider you all as now) is going through this.

Just had the Revitive on my knees,it does help, don’t know how long it will work for.

Evening everyone,

Jean group hug from me also – Hope Steve is improving.

Nana x

Evening All..
    Thanks for all your wishes…all your thoughts have helped…much improved tonight, better colour all his stats are much better too, although still not right….doctor was saying on what a rough day he’s had.

I have been on the road and visiting for 6 1/2 hours today and then 2 x 1 hour Charlie walks..I am shattered and with the worry too…

Sorry not commenting on all your posts but I am reading them..time to give my boy some love and attention, looks like he’s ready for bed..think me too..

Jean x

Have a good sleep Jean,get Charlie on the bed to keep you company.

Viewing 50 posts - 23,151 through 23,200 (of 35,382 total)

You must be logged in to reply.