Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 19 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,851 through 22,900 (of 35,390 total)

• The war of the world’s album cover used to frighten my daughter when she was young,there is a bird pecking at the red weed and it really frightened her😄.I liked it better with Richard Burtons voice than Liam Neeson.It may have changed again now.Its my fault all this rain, I washed my car 😖

Morning Everyone

Jean glad all three of you had a good nights sleep and that Steve is doing better than you thought.

Kay hope you click soon with a new dog for you. We’ve always adopted dogs in the past and each time we ‘ve just felt a connection to them and knew they were the one. Our daughter was looking to adopt but decided against it as she looks after her two young grandsons ages 4 & 2 quite often and wanted them to grow up involved with looking after it So she opted for a puppy instead. The grandsons do have a dog at their home but sadly she was a rescue that they adopted before the boys came along and she’s not very good with them and growls at them if they go near her – which they have now learnt not to do.

Dave & Mel so envious of you seeing War of The Worlds Live.

Won’t be posting again until Weds as we’re going away for a few days with some friends.

Have a good day everyone.

Nanax

Have a great time Nana.No bowling today,too wet so will watch the football on TV 😁

Mel..
    Hope you soon feel better…maybe like you said going a bit too low and dehydrated a bit..that tends to bring on the headaches then it’s been hot too…

Dave..
    Definitely Richard Burtons voice!..enjoy the footy..

Nana..
    Enjoy your time away with your friends …the lovely weather is returning..it’s sad the rescue dog doesn’t get on with the grandsons could be a worry…

Daughters calling by with SIL for a quick cuppa and to see Steve…I got my two loads of washing done, and all downstairs cleaned and mopped, so looking much better..sitting now….we keep having heavy rain showers..

Jean x

Hi all! Have read all your posts 😉, very poor/ no signal where we were, in a little wood, lovely & relaxing- apart from when a hornet came in & wouldn’t go out, we had to hoover it up in the end! Lots of walking to the top of Cheddar Gorge & round Bath, lots of food eaten too 😰 Weather was wet but we managed…
    Jean- glad that you got got Steve back okay & that he could eat! Well done on the pound off…hope your builder doesn’t get harassed by the neighbours when he starts…
    Lynne- well done again to Hannah & to you holding it together for the graduation…
    Kay- very exciting, hope the right dog comes along for you soon. You don’t need to feel guilty, you gave Ellie a wonderful home & you’re giving another dog a chance of a lovely home too.
    Dave- well done on a pound off & doing the bowling too…
    Minols- safe journey home!
    Cakey- so impressed with your running, hope the weight does come off quickly!
    Mel- sounds like you’re doing well with the ADF!
    Nanna- nice to see your grandson! And the grandpuppy, a crate is a really good idea…might have to get Xena a bigger one, although she’s not going to grow any more, it is quite cosy!
    I think I’m caught up, sorry if I’ve missed anyone!
    House pretty tidy, the boys have done well! They’ll probably do their usual when we see them- both moan about how messy the other one was & claim they’ve been the only one washing up!😂 Off to get Xena shortly, hope she’s been good…Four weeks until our next little break, think it will take that to undo the damage of the last few days😂, will go back to the 800cals on Monday, that seems to suit me!
    Have a good evening all, takeaway for us tonight!

Hedgehog..
    Glad to have you back..missed your chatting…sounds as if you have had a wonderful time, all your walking may pull you back on the weight..good the boys have kept the house tidy, they possibly only grumble when you get back but work well together really..😂

Where’s the next break to?

All going well here daughter and SIL called as passing by, they are off on their hols on Wednesday..I think I have blue sky may put the washing out….not doing much more today. Take the boy to the park if the weather holds, Steve thinks he fancies a walk but I will drive..

Jean x

Hi HH welcome back, hear you will be joining me on the F800 on Monday! However I am only doing ADF, can’t face it every day. I am defo losing weight though, although haven’t weighed myself since 1st July. Kay, after reading HH’s post, I understand your speaking of guilt. Forgive my insensitivity, put it down to feeling rough today. As HH says, when you have loved a dog, you can then give all that love to another dog who really needs it.

Hi all
    Just a quick drop by…

HH – cheddar gorge is not a place to me. More a description of what I do when I have my favourite ‘bread and cheese’ meal!

Stopped half way home for the night and chilling before the the buffet. Had a lovely time away – the only wet day was when we left this morning!

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- 😂😂😂😂😂! Hope the rest of your journey goes well…
    Jean- have a good day, keep Steve from overdoing it?! Our next trip is to Bakewell, end of August.
    Mel- glad you’re doing well with ADF, I’ll do fast800 for a week or so (hopefully!). I did ADF before when I first started 5:2 & it worked well.
    Hope everyone has a good day…

Morning All…
    A lazy start this morning….walking Charlie soon, then going into Selby for a few toiletries and printer ink. Nothing much else planned..but ironing!

Fridge is playing up freezing my strawberries but saying it’s too warm??…may have to call bosh out or a new one..hope not..

Minols..
    Safe journey home, hope the ‘reading’ goes well…lovely the weather was kind to you..

Hedgehog..
    I like Bakewell something to look forward too, we were there early in the year….do you get upset leaving Xena or it has to be what it is?…more you get attached it’s harder it is for me. Steve said he will have to be left at sometime he can’t always come…..Is she the same when you get back, is she just fussy..

Jean x

Hi everyone, Minols nice to have you back after your lovely holiday. I had a bad day yesterday. It was a NFD luckily because I felt under the weather and absolutely craving carbs. Had about 12 oatcakes, three with butter and marmite, four with hummus and falafels and five chocolate ones. Dinner was roast lamb and I did cauliflower, sweet potato and sprouts roasted in a little olive oil, (although Paul wanted roast potatoes in duck fat!). Bit of G&B chocolate. So I suppose looking back it could have been worse. Am half heartedly doing my FD today, will stay strong. Re doggy thread, we have always taken Jodie with us apart from the odd night left with a friend. She is however probably the easiest dog to take away. Doesn’t shed any hairs, sleeps in the car while we have dinner. It is restricting though cos we would love to take a plane somewhere, but one day. We have our annual long trip driving down through France, spain and Portugal which we all enjoy. Cheers to anyone fasting today and hope they feel more enthusiastic than I do!

Jean- I do worry about leaving Xena, although now it’s more about whether she’ll behave! I think she has a great time, she loves to play with the other dogs & has some great walks too…she gets so excited & pulls to get tgere so we know she’s happy! I think we’ve been lucky to find good people to look after her; no way could I leave her in a kennels tbough! She’s really excited to see us, & soon settles back home, she doesn’t get clingy or anything, but I guess that might be different for Charlie as he’s been through a bit. It would be lovely if she’d settle in the car though so she could come with us 😞
    Mel- doesn’t sound too bad for one day, you’re doing ADF so it’s not like you’re eating that all the time! Keep strong today!

Afternoon All,
    Bought all our bits and pieces, some for hospital just getting organised…cafe and cake stop, lamb steak dinner tonight..it’s a while since we had a proper dinner….looking forward to it. We left Charlie at home as too hot to wait in the car and we met up with lots of his doggie friends this morning, so lots of running…strange you can walk days and not see anyone then today loads about.

Mel..
    I think we all have days when things just don’t go to plan…this way of eating you soon get back on track again, sometimes I think your body just shouts for a change, go with it better then fighting it…

We are thinking about taking Charlie to Normandy, I would hate for problems and can’t bring him back into the UK 😂…plenty of places here to go at the moment. …A question..Can you take him on the ship deck or do you leave them in the car on the short crossing to France? …Good luck fasting today

Hedgehog..
    The monkey is back sleeping with us, a few of you will be frowning 😂, but he makes his self small at the bottom, he is such a pack dog. Going to bed at 8.30 on his own sometimes!…if Steve gets the chance to go to Houston he would have to go into kennels at least he’s locked in and secure, it will be just different, to when he was passed about to all the different houses, he would be with other dogs….I would be upset I know. It’s lovely you have found two lovely homes for Xena…..maybe it’s a thought for us …

Ironing to start…park walk this evening…fasting for me tomorrow…

Jean x

Hi Jean, just had a quick google and it looks like they have to stay in the car. When we went to Ireland Jodie stayed in and she was fine. We use the tunnel, find it so easy and quick and less prone to strikes! Once you have their passport it is quite simple, but that is before Brexit so watch this space. Re bed sharing, Jodie likes to come up early morning for a cuddle which is nice, but not all night cos she is a spreader! BTW you seem to do an awful lot of ironing for two people 😂😂.

Mel…
    That’s a thought ..The Tunnel, didn’t even think that way ..thanks for that…sounds better.

Ironing took about 20 mins..I really hate ironing so it’s in short blasts..wash a load and do it..😂

We stopped him sleeping on the bed a couple of days after we got him ( he slept on the other owners bed)..we allowed him on before we slept and morning cuddles..when Steve started getting ill he seemed so unsettled and upset especially after hospital appointments ( the lady owner had died)…so Steve said let him on for a few nights..well that’s it now…we now have a new super king duvet so we can all have a bit, it’s working…

Could you imagine him in kennels 😂😂

Jean x

I like Bakewell,when I was trying to give up smoking I went to an hypnotist and she said think of a place you like that is relaxing,so I thought of Bakewell sat by the river,she said imagine all the cigarettes you have smoked and I could see a mountain of cigarette ends😄.I lasted for three months then went fishing and started again😩my son-in-law asked where I went to see the hypnotist I told home and he went,he came out after the session and went straight to a shop to buy some cigarette but came out with cakes and has never smoked since.I like Matlock Baths especially when they have the illuminations on the river.Had a good day at the cricket, Lancashire beat Durham and I was very good, I sat in the no alcohol section 😇.

Jean- the dog sitter Xena went to this week lets dogs sleep upstairs & on their bed with them if dogs are used to it! I think the other couple let dogs in their bedroom too…Xena stays in her crate, don’t want her getting ideas! (If it was up to me I probably would have her with us😉) Although she sleeps best shut away, she seems to need that to be able to switch off!
    Poor Charlie, must be so unsettling for him…

Heidi used to jump on the bed and sleep at the bottom,she struggles to get on the bed now so sleeps on the floor at the end of the bed.When we first got her we put her in kennels for two weeks while we were on holiday,now she is too old so my son looks after her.She didn’t like going in kennels and always tried to follow me when I left her there.

Lovely evening for a walk around the park….he was running and sniffing, having a good play with a few dogs as we passed them…it’s surprising how many people are about…walkers, joggers, youths playing footy, children on the apparatus…

I am in fasting mode now..

X

So’s Xena; she’s getting spayed tomorrow, no more food allowed tonight 😱

Lots of stitches for poor Xena,poor thing.

Hedgehog..
    Hope all goes well for Xena…poor girl…our vets puts them in thing like a baby grow, to stop them biting the stitches instead of that neck thing…cuddles from us…

X

It’s a long incision , bigger job for a female dog.Heidi was soon back on her feet they didn’t put anything on her to stop her chewing the stitches,but she was very good and left them alone.

We’ve made a collar with cut up woggle stuff round it rather than a lampshade collar, which will hopefully be more comfy, I’ve seen the suits as well, they look quite good- we’ll see how she is!
    Am fasting (800cals) today, hope everyone else fasting stays strong!

Morning All..
    We have found a Community Wood in one of our next villages, about 10 mins away…going to investigate it with the two boys….

I am fasting today..I really would like another pound off this week…..changed my duvet down again looks like some hot nights…

Hedgehog..
    Thinking of Xena this morning and both of you…I don’t know much about it but looked sore on two woofs I saw at the vets..I suppose no walks just garden for a couple of weeks…sending lots of cuddles…

Doing a bit of patching on three small edges of the back lawn with Charlie’s brown patches….from the front grass before it disappears tomorrow hopefully…must give him a stick to cock his leg on!..
    All quiet on the neighbours front he straightened the fence yesterday which looks better..so should get a straight line with the bricks…still disagree but can’t be bothered..err just now!….

Keep strong to anyone joining hedgehog and I with today’s fasting…

Jean x

The wood was larger than we expected, I wouldn’t like to go on my own as no one about but it was very nice, we had about 40 min walk..Charlie going in all directions walked further than us. Someone we saw told us another route to fishing lakes and cafe…Charlie is getting so he won’t get in the car to come home he is enjoying his new adventures..showing 27 degrees in the car..very hot now but windy.

X

Just lost my post…grrr

Shortened version…

HH, hope all goes well for Xena today, lots of cuddles later.

Im in a dilemma….

Someone was having their dog pts today due to not being able to be rehomed! Apparantly he snapped at the postman and they have a baby on the way.
    After digging for more info, he is a shar-pei cross boxer (looks lovely) and belongs to a guy who has just recently got together with his girlfriend who has children. Reading between the lines, its the girlfriend who wants rid and they made an appointment at the vets after trying a few rescue centres (clearly not tried hard enough).
    So there is a young guy going around tomorrow to have a look at ‘George’ with a view of adopting him. I also said that I would rather go all the way up to Nottingham, where they live, rather than him face being pts. It seems like they favour me rather than this young guy, so I assume they have some compassion.

But its Nottingham….bearing in mind Im in North Cornwall….and I know nothing about the dog…if it was nearer I would drive over and meet the dog first and ask questions etc

😕

When Heidi had her operation she was back to normal very quickly,she has a lot of stitches but it didn’t seem to bother her at all.She was going for walks after a couple of days.Fast day for me today,was having cake yesterday and too many calories in Friday and Saturday so it will be difficult to lose weight this week but I shall try.Need fast days until Thursday I think then going fishing Thursday so hard to do a fast day when fishing.The sun is out so going to be warm when I go to the gym later,better get my shorts on.

Oh yes and Im fasting today too, although I was supposed to be making scones later….

Don’t send me any Kay😄

All this fasting! I am grateful I am having a NFD. Kay, re the dog, that’s a hard one. All my instincts would be to leap in the car and save him. Do vets just put dogs down like that!? You must do what you think best. It sounds like the dog is stressed which could account for it snapping.

Kay- I’d be surprised if the vets put him down like that as thete’s so much help now with behaviorists…but I can understand when children are involved! Lots of dogs don’t like posties either, but I would guess that he could be trained out of that. A long way to go, but I think Jean went a long way for Charlie? It’s difficult as there’d be pressure to decide there & then…good luck with that choice 😟
    We can pick Xena up at 3.30, she’s been okay. I think she’ll be all right for lead walks, no jumping etc for a bit, we’ll find out!
    Keep strong fasters!

The worst dogs for biting postie’s is a German shepherd 😄.If there was a dig about postie’s use to write on the letter DAL dog at large and not deliver it.Its gone very warm now got the fan on.Had a sandwich so salad for tea.

Just sorting my medication out out putting tablets in a container for each day and I have run out of them 😮😧.ordered them online so it will take two days,I do have some and can buy aspirin in the supermarket.I have my spray if anything goes wrong. I am a silly billy.

Kay..
    A hard decision..we went 4 hours drive for Charlie but we said if there was no connection we would walk away..the dog has to like you as you like them…another person wanted Charlie but his owner didn’t like the sound of them…..how far is it to drive…had any more thoughts since posting.

Hedgehog..
    Soon be time to pick Xena up…I bet you can’t settle..

Mel..
    I think you are right, picking stress up within the family..and him snapping..lots don’t like posties, our postie said it’s the yellow bib what they wear what they don’t like…he talks to the same dogs without it on and they are fine with him.

Dave..
    Tablets all sorted now..

Fasting going ok here…could be peckish…Steve is joining me he tells me …

Jean x

Ditched the FD as Im going to enjoy my 2 days off instead and have my FDs later in the week.

Not heard anything more about ‘George’ and Im sort of glad about that, as I dont have to make a decision…I think Nottingham would be a 4.5/5 hour drive there and the same back.

Neil is off tomorrow too, and we have a coast walk planned at Tintagel although it is forecast to be hot and sunny. Its warm and muggy here today as its cloudy.

I need to check the fridge for the butter situation…..operation scones awaits…conserve and clotted cream is already in..

Kay is it jam first ? Denise does even though she was born in Plymouth.I have enough tablets apart from aspirin so nipped in Tesco on way home from gym,so I am ok now until my tablets come.Fast day going ok just a sandwich and salad later so I will qualify for a fd.

Dave..
    Butter, jam then the cream!…sounds a good idea could of easily joined Kay in the making but not on a Monday…maybe a Friday bake..
    X

Yes Denise does it that way,think that’s the Cornish way.Anyway will do me😋😋😋.Clotted cream😋😋😋. Speedway tonight, will keep my shorts on very warm😢😥.

Please no more scone talk! 😥
    Dave- glad you’ve got the tablets sorted- you reminded me to pick mine up! Well done with the FD!
    Kay- enjoy the scones & the weather…I love Tintagel! Have had some lovely holidays in Boscastle…it’ll be busy though!
    Jean- good to find new places for Charlie’s walks! Hope the FD has finished okay…
    Mel- hope you’re enjoying a day off!
    Xena is home, very unsettled & whimpering, she keeps being sick 😟, so not even had a drink yet. She gives us some worries!
    Fd been okay.

Hedgehog..
    Hoping Xena has settled and the sickness has stopped …looks like you may have a bad night..lots of TLC and cuddles needed..

Jean x

Sickness is due to anaesthetic,only to be expected, I am sure she will be much better tomorrow.

Ended up having to go back to the vets; rang them as she was being quite sick & they wanted her to come back for an anti-emetic injection…she was okay to come home afterwards though so a late night, but at least she settled then. I’d happily cuddle her all night but she just wanted to be left alone 😞.
    Youngest son has bad tonsillitis too; he’s not cuddly either! He’s finally agreed he needs to see a doctor!
    Another Fast800 day for me; Mel are you with me?
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning All..
    Walking early before it gets too hot..only still 18 degrees so fine…

Drive men coming wasn’t confirmed so possibly not today, they are finishing off somewhere so maybe tomorrow…

Nothing really planned..few washing bits and I will do the bathroom towels all good when easy drying…

Hedgehog..
    Hope the injection helped and it settled her…heaving with sickness when full of stitches isn’t nice for anyone. Now son not well too, tonsillitis not good too….

Good luck under pressure fasting…

NFD for me…with it been hot may get away with light with Steve 😂

Jean x

Hi everyone, HH I am failing you! Just not up to a Fast800 day, so thought of a CFD (1200 cals) then thought oh I will just eat healthy. Haven’t eaten anything yet though. So 16:8 in operation. Also I am being pretty good on NFDs so all is not lost. Poor Xena, yes it’s funny when you want to cuddle them and they are “just leave me alone”! Hope she has rallied now. Jodie wasn’t sick but had to go back cos she burst her stitches a bit and she had to have a sedative to stop her leaping about. Dave, know what you mean about tablets. I am on heart ones and we went on holiday once and I didn’t take enough. Went on half measures 😱. Here to tell the tale though 😂😂. Kay, hope the Tintagel walk is nice (not too hot). We too have walked there. Not walking much today though, too hot for Jodie, she’s nine now, so don’t want to push her.

Afternoon All…
    Men arrived and they have got moving…I was walking Charlie in the village and I waved at them, rang Steve to move the car…10 mins later as I returned home…all my grass had gone and paving slabs already up, down the side of the house…4 hours in and already down to flat soil and hardcore has just arrived…goodness they are hard workers….sausage and onion bread cakes all round and fed now ..ate while they worked!

Too too hot here, can’t get in or out of the house so having to stay put….maybe a book read…

Hedgehog..
    How is Xena this morning? Thinking of her she will be sore…

Mel..
    It will be a late walk tonight for us…trying to keep low today..

Jean x

Afternoon!
    Jean- sounds like fun with all the work going on, poor men in this heat! Good job you took Charlie out early!
    Mel- you are much more controlled than me on nonFDs 😂😂, when I first did this I was good, but lapsed when close to goal!
    Dave- any bowling or is it too hot?
    Kay- any news on the dog? If not I’m sure the right one will come along soon…
    Minols- are you home yet?
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    Xena has not been sick any more, eating little bits of food, seems hungry thankfully, but not wanting to drink much. She’s still being possessive over certain toys, it started with this phantom pregnancy & seems to be getting more of a habit. Hopefully hormones will settle in a week or so…she’s jumped on the settee already before I could stop her & jumped up twice at hubby😱, it’s glued rather than stitched, looks neat.
    Son has antibiotics but still going to work, he’s hardly eating anything…if I was the supervisor I’d send him home!
    Fasting going okay, got tempted just now but managed to walk away 😇. Enjoying a lazy day ‘keeping an eye on Xena’!!

I still haven’t had a check up since I had my heart attack last September,and I have to stop one of my tablets after 12 months.We have just got home from bowling it was 34°C phew.Had around 2 hours bowling stopped for a cuppa half way through and no biscuits 😇,not had any food yet so going well on b2b fd’s.Its still around 29°C at the moment so not took Heidi out yet.The girl on the till asked why I didn’t have any cobs😄. Sweating like a constipated horse while bowling so might have lost a pound or two 😄

Afternoon All…
    My men have knocked off after 5 hours seeing them tomorrow morning….bought muffins in and they are all sweet enough..☹️..that means we have to eat them…I suppose I could freeze them??..I have eaten two 😬

Interesting morning, three men two extremely fit and bare chested..kept me amused taking them water out every so often..😂😂

First day in absolutely ages I have sat down and read my book for quite a few hours and done no work ..very very lazy…

Hedgehog..
    Did she get cosy on the settee and snuggle with hubby…hope your son picks up soon too….taking Charlie to the woods we found yesterday maybe 7 ish tonight…

Dave..
    Bowling in this heat..you must be mad…..still you will be sweating the weight off…

Jean x

Jean – I am shocked!

Viewing 50 posts - 22,851 through 22,900 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.