Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,825 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 1 hour, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,451 through 22,500 (of 35,310 total)

• It was like whale and chips very large fish with beautiful batter.A few sites around there for caravans and mobile ones, maybe worth a try Jean.

Dave..
    Looks very nice farm shop….as Hull was a large Fishing Port we only eat Haddock……cod was given to the rest of the country to sell…I never eat cod…

X

The farm sell alsorts,plants veg ithink, Would be good to go to when all the tulips are out in Spalding.

Jean- glad Steve & you are feeling a bit more awake! What an ordeal, & next to the chocolate machine too! Definitely deserves a ⭐& 😇!Might be an idea to introduce Charlie to a dog walker, then she could come in if you had to take Steve for anything else? Xena is going to the doggie daycare place near us for a trial session tomorrow, she won’t go there often (very expensive!), but might be handy if we ever get round to decorating!
    Dog training went well, although the new dog who started took a dislike to Xena, she hadn’t done anything to him😕.
    Boys about today so much food being eaten around me!

Hi all…

Looks like I missed all the excitement with Steve – a rotten night for you both, Jean… Hope today has been calm and ‘recuperative’ (is that a word?)

Managed 800yesterday and a run this morning. Hoping 2 days will see the weekend behind me and I’ll be on to fresh lbs – if you know what I mean. Always hate that I have to lose lbs several times before they even think about being gone for good.

A day of vgood byes’today as the p7s had their leavers assembly this morning. And a funeral for a young man who took his life this afternoon. Taking the rest of the day off!

Not sure what to eat tonight – maybe leftover chicken for me with mash while the boys have their beloved ribs.

Off just now to take my wee boy for afternoon tea and a bit of a book.

Mx

Fast day for me,had a small sandwich so far and will have bacon and tomatoes tonight, must check out the calories to see if I can have anything else.Gym tomorrow for the first time in two weeks, Denise has been discharged so I will have to go on my own 🥵. Didn’t go bowling today rain too heavy.Going to see Denise’s mum Thursday and go fishing Friday, will have to wait and see how the weather is.

Lots of rain coming your way Jean I will take Heidi out again now it’s passed over here.

Stayed dry here, pretty warm & muggy…
    Minols- thinking of you, that must’ve been a very tough funeral, stay strong with the afternoon tea…
    Dave- doing well with FDs, how many are you doing a week? How’s the holiday weight coming off?
    Doing okay here, not sure what I’ll have for dinner, hopefully a salad, hope there’s enough lettuce left to pick in the garden or I’m stuffed!

Afternoon All..
    A lazy day and a drenching again on our afternoon walk..Charlie doesn’t mind the rain…I never feel like training in wet weather..

Everything on the quiet side here thank goodness..he isn’t on top form..early night for all of us…

Hedgehog..
    I must look into day care or walking for Charlie in emergencies ..I think it’s £17.50 for kennels for the day or and ( night)…Lisa is £15 with a hours walk or £11 with 3 other dogs a hour..I suppose it depends what you want. Lisa possibly would fit it in easier….had a comfort tea homemade pasty and chips, Steve felt the need..it was very nice but I really could of done without it..

Shame on the new dog at training, hope it comes round..

Minols..
    Hope the leavers and the funeral went as good as they can, that’s really sad..enjoy your evening off…

Dave..
    It’s a shame Denise didn’t continue at the gym..adding fishing to your list…definitely caught the rain…

Jean x

I have gone fishing since my grandad took me in the 60s.Had too much for a fast day so it has turned into a low day.Will do Wednesday and Thursday fast days.I resisted the cobs in Sainsbury’s today so I have done some good.Its an hard job trying to find somewhere that sells maggots these days.

Wonder how many calories in a maggot?

Full of protein 😄

Eeeww😱

Morning all.
    Walked miles yesterday but not wearing my step counter… Grrr!
    Might take moped instead today – or maybe my bike.
    Stayed under 800 I think yesterday but at ole a sweetie and caved on the sugar so I would guess half of my intake was BAD cals!
    I’m going to be better today, although not sure what we’ll have tonight which is not normally good.
    Hope all goes well for everyone today…
    Mx

PS Mel – they do say that the future is eating bugs… Protein produced quickly with minimal impact on the environment – so maggot sandwiches are clearly the way forward – if they don’t wriggle out from between the slices!

Morning all!
    Hungry this morning, will need to be strong! Xena off to doggy day care in a bit, will do some jobs while she’s out the way, & shopping later so hopefully she’ll be worn out & sleep well!

Good morning all,up early by my standards, couldn’t sleep.Fast day today, anyone with me?Gym later at 2pm and I may possibly go bowling on my own after.

Yes, on my first fast day for a while. Bit worried as I actually went to bed feeling hungry which is unusual. Will think of you being strong Dave! BTW I have eaten in that farm cafe a few times on the way to Norfolk.
    Minols – is there anything worse than a long walk and you haven’t worn your step counter or you find out it’s dead! I love my Fitbit- I am not a slave to it but it does give you that sense of accountability. Will give Jodie a good walk this pm. So, it’s ADF for me (up to 800 cals – being gentle!). HH – you are strong!

Dave- yes, an 800cal FD for me too. Enjoy the gym, don’t overdo it with bowling too!
    Mel- you can do this! Just one day, or are you stringing some together?
    Minols- keep away from those sweets today! Hope the cycling or moped-ing is okay…
    Jean- hope you & Steve have caught up with sleep, no more dramas last night?
    Dropped Xena off, but she was quite nervous with the staff, poor baby, it was a deja-vue of leaving the boys at preschool, they were both clingy!

Morning All..
    A dull day…we have both walked out this morning Steve feeling brighter…

I have loads of jobs to do..it’s where do you start!…we have had a man over to look at the front garden, it’s driving Steve mad..looking at block paving and maybe some slate down with the grass gone…I do like the grass but it is poor…after speaking we are now on the search on the look we want and a new front door. I feel more excited.

I would definitely be on hunger strike if I had to eat bugs..I would be a veggie for life 😂..and I am not too keen on veggies maybe I could eat nuts.

Hedgehog..
    Hope Xena likes her play group…we are going to look into it.

Dave..
    You have lots to do today…enjoy…a mans life 😂

Mel…
    Hope your eating day goes well…enjoy your walk later…with Fitbit…

Minols…
    Remember your step counter and have a good day walking or on the moped…

Kay..
    Enjoy your holiday…

Cakey..
    How are you doing? Back at work now..

We have lost track on food this week and just had a vanilla slice with a cuppa…😬..it was nice..never mind.

Jean x

Jean – nuts also a brilliant source of protein…but how to stop at just the small handful they say? How to not buy the salty ones?

Oh, if there’s a way to over-indulge, I’ll find it…!

Mx

HH – I am going to try every other day as a fast day, to hopefully get a reasonable result for July. Going fine so far, drinking my virtuous peppermint tea. Jean, don’t blame you for losing track on food this week, I certainly would. Love a vanilla slice!

Just took Heidi out,nice and warm today.Not had anything to eat,but instructor always says you must eat an hour before exercising.May have a cuppa and a biscuit.Plus a bottle of water 😄

Evening All..

Just cancelled our 40’s weekend at Woodall Spa due to all appointments coming up, a shame as we were going with friends…..also had to cancel kennels 😀 whoopee..

Hedgehog..
    How did Xena get on at her play group?

Minols..
    Nuts are better to eat than bugs 😬..by the bag full.

Mel..
    We are slipping a bit…never mind…

Dave..
    Hope the class went well..

Jean x

Did the exercises then played bowls with my son for almost two hours, zombified now everything below my waist hurts.

Dave- poor you…too old for all this exercise😉.
    Jean- what a shame you’ve cancelled the trip, but you were worried about the kennels! Good job you made the most of getting away in the caravan last month, at least you had that nice break…I’m with you on nuts not maggots!
    Mel- hope you can stick to the adf okay- I did it with 500cals & lost 2 stone, but after a while I got in the habit of eating more on nonfds to make up for it!
    How’s Jodie managing with the heat?
    Xena enjoyed the session, although was still a bit nervous of the male staff, I don’t know why she’s funny with mem, we girls are outnumbered in this house & she adores my lot! We’ll send her for another morning soon to get properly used to it. They put pics on FB, there was one of her laying down with another dog. Got some cleaning done while she was out, & shopping after so she could have a rest at home…she’s still been lively the rest of the day though!
    Eaten rubbish today, but not much of it so I think it was under 800cals still.

& Xena found a baby robin on the patio tonight, thought she was going to eat it, but she left it when I told her too, good girl! Gave her lots of chicken!

My favourite bird the Robin,I always used to get one land on my fishing rod,Mr Robin loves maggots😆. Definitely feeling old now,put some arnica gel on my legs,they are a bit better now.

Morning all!
    Dave- hope that you feel less achey today!
    Minols- how did your day go yesterday?
    Jean- hope Steve’s nose is better? Are you both fasting today?
    Mel- FD again for you?
    Cakey- forgot to ask, how was the woof while you were away? I bet he was pleased to see you!
    Kay- if you’re still with us? I think you’re in for a hot one today, hope Billy can go to the beach!
    We’re going to take Xena by the river today & into town, try & get her over being silly with strangers! She didn’t used to be like that!
    Am very hungry today, so not hopeful so far!!

Morning All..
    Dull day and we are fasting…

Waiting in for the garden man to come back, a few changes and an extra small job for him to price in.

Taking Charlie for his walk after my cuppa maybe the park this afternoon..trouble is he expects his usual walk too 😬

Dave..
    All your aches and pains…are you doing too much…how’s your holiday weight doing, is it off yet?

Hedgehog..
    Hope Xena settles better next time at play group….enjoy your river and town walk…she was ok with us and fussy, has she changed? Steve’s fine just blocked up a bit in his nose…Charlie’s staring outside he is telling me it’s time to go..😂

Kay..
    Enjoy your time away meeting up with family…back with us early July ??…. Get back on track…

Jean x

Quick hello – the team are arriving for a meeting.

All good here – beautiful day. Need to get busy as fasting at this point of the week feels hard.

Catch up later.
    Mx

Been up an hour and a half, very early again for me,took Heidi out before it gets too hot.Going to Warrington to see Denise’s mum now,she is 87 I think.Aches and pains not to bad, will rest until Saturday then go bowling again.

Kept to 700 calls yesterday so pleased with myself. HH I am doing every other day while I am at home so today is a NFD! Doing 16:8 too so can’t eat til gone 12. 😩. Jean, shame about missing the forties thing. Woodhall Spa is not far from us. Lovely little town. HH there is no heat here for Jodie to feel hot in! Very overcast. Good girl Zena leaving the robin. We have a tame blackbird, Jodie seems quite fond of it and the bird isn’t at all frightened by Jodie. Practically goes between her feet! Minols – have a good fasting day. You can do this! Yes Dave, just watch yourself! How did your fast go yesterday?

A good fast day yesterday and at mother in law’s now,she tries to feed me but I am resisting.Not had anything to eat so will have something when I get home. Denise’s mum will be 90 in a couple of months.I feel sorry for her I think she’s getting a bit mixed up.

I had a good hours walk no doggies to play with he kept looking..old Ernie started walking and chatting with us so no training…Charlie has had his shower make him smell sweeter…not so keen but ok.

Shopping later, a few house drives to look at to see what I want, then to our the park to play..

Omelette tonight nice easy and quite filling with salad garnish..

Minols..
    Hope your meeting goes well with no food distractions.

Mel..
    We have been a couple of times before to the 40’s do’s in Woodall Spa, we join in and get dressed up…this year you have to park and ride £10 a car, so once there you are there…we like to come and go, we do enjoy them we make the three day weekend of it.
    Still now I have Charlie I didn’t want him to go in kennels, it was booked before we got him….he gets so upset without us..he kept so close to Steve while he had his nose bleed very clingy for about 5 days. Slept on our bed for two nights! Maybe not tonight we are supposed to have stopped it.

Dave..
    Enjoy MIL, be strong with her food..😂

Hedgehog..
    Xena was very good with the baby Robin…Charlie is chasing the birds.

Jean x

I have been very strong,she wanted me to get fish and chips but I refused 😇😇😇. Not had anything to eat 😇😇😇,I left Heidi watching dog TV I checked in my phone and she was sat on the sofa watching it😄.

Tempted to have a salad tonight,not many calories in that apart from the loaf I eat with it😄.

Mmm! I like a bit of bread with my butter!

I was very good only had two pieces,186 calories+butter😘😚😙

Lovely time at the park a 40 min walk and a catch-up with a couple of dogs…he has been flying high for two days…is it a full moon?…a coffee at the cafe, managed to get into shade..new owners of the cafe in the park, people with learning disabilities serving, with a poly tunnel next door selling hanging baskets, pot plants etc to keep it all going…really nice idea.

All good here and kitchen closed.

Dave..
    Haddock and chips for us tomorrow in our restaurant, our anniversary when we first met, then I am cooking a romantic steak meal Saturday…fed up of meals being not up to standard.

Mel..
    A good fresh granary loaf and butter, I could eat it all….I resist buying them as I know how I am 😂

A struggle this week, Steve on 6 tablets of steroids every morning, won’t help with his weight loss, only for a week……maintaining would be good….weigh in tomorrow..

Jean x

Yes weight in tomorrow, could it be the end of the chocolate diet.😲😮🥺😬. Hope not.Uf it’s going to be hot tomorrow I don’t think I will be fishing.

Evening!
    Dave-well done resisting fish & chips! Glad the aches are better!
    Jean- the park cafe sounds lovely! Charlie is a pickle trying to squeeze extra walks in! Xena seems to be okay with people with dogs, other men she seems wary of, I don’t know why, she has 3 in the house! I wouldn’t worry about weights tomorrow, you’ve had a difficult week! Happy anniversary for tomorrow! 💝
    Minols- keep strong at your meeting, you are the woman who doesn’t eat biscuits!
    Mel- enjoy your nonFD! Jodie is very good with the blackbird, very sweet!
    Walking through the busy high street was good for Xena; too many people for her to get worried about! Sale on in Fatface, oops, 2 new tops bought! (& one was size 8!) We didn’t stop at the cafe, hubby was being good & didn’t want to be tempted by cake…but had a sausage sarnie when we got home!
    We have provisionally booked the beach hut we went to last week in Devon for next summer- they had an early bird discount! Just a couple of nights again, but will book somewhere in Cornwall afterwards to save all the travelling!The dogsitter has already got bookings for next year too!
    Been good today & just under the 800cals.

Hedgehog..
    Charlie pushed for his third walk of the day….ummm…..such a lovely night nothing much on the tv…Steve watching motorbike racing..I am going upstairs to sort some summer clothes out maybe charity bag too..size 8 brilliant and some new tops, I don’t think I have ever been in Fat Face maybe for the younger person 😂,I am getting old now…booked the beach hut already for next year still it sounded wonderful….sorting the dog sitter too..all getting booked early…

Charlie doesn’t like men in hats and rucksacks, he goes berserk at them…..he had a go at my reflection in the window today..stupid boy..😂

Dave..
    Good luck for weigh in tomorrow…will it be the continuation of the chocolate diet?

Jean x

Nothing on TV,what about the lioness’s, winning 2-0

Morning all.

HH – not had a biscuit all month! Lots of other things, though, of course! The test will be holiday club next week… Regular sugar hits are what traditionally keep the team going. I’ll see how far I can get into the week before I cave!

No weight loss today which is disappointing, but I think I relaxed things too much last weekend over too many days and so spent the week repairing that damage… As I have said before, I hate having to lose weight more than once. But weekends are the problem!

The boy finishes at lunchtime today so I think he’s hoping for a movie afternoon, and takeaway tonight… Salad for me, of course!

Just one more assembly and that will be me – done!

Have a great anniversary day off, Jean and Steve.

Mx

Hello everyone

Hope you’ve all got nice weekends to look forward to. A good week for me, fasting ok and lots of exercise. 3rd run of the week tonight and so excited about planning my first park run with my youngest daughter for next Saturday. That was my initial goal but not sure I’d ever really achieve it.

Wonderful being able to buy a size 8 top Hh, that’s must feel great. Woof had a wonderful time whilst we were away. Had lots of photo updates and he looked like he was having so much fun with his doggy pals.

Hope you have a good last assembly and a great start to school hols Minols – well done with the biscuits.

Happy anniversary Steve and Jean and Charlie, enjoy your fish and chips.

Is it cobs day for you Dave, hope you have a fun Friday.

Well done with the ADF and 800 combined Mel, it must be giving good results on the scales.

For my birthday I asked for a new chair – I’m not sure exactly how you describe it – a hanging egg chair or a cocoon chair I think. Anyway it arrived this week and is up in my study. The old sofa has gone out. It’s the most lovely mindful relaxing thing to sit in. The room is finally coming together – do you remember when I asked for your advice earlier in the year. Still needs some stuff on the walls, a new desk and some little tables. I’ve got my eye on which ones I want but was hoping they might have a sale on.

Off to swing in my midlife crisis chair

CW

Morning all!
    Minols- well done on the no biscuits! Shame no weight loss, a weekend indulging can put several pounds on for me, easily! Great that you & your son are nearly done! Enjoy the cinema…keep away from the sweets!
    Dave- football was great, wasn’t it?! Hope you get to go fishing today…
    Jean- ha, Charlie is nearly as silly with things as Xena! She gets weirded out even with us wearing hoods or sunglasses etc! Happy anniversary!
    Xena has had 1st couple of ticks- the frontline stuff she has made them drop off quite quickly, I’m too squeamish with them to get the tweezer things!
    Not sticking to the 800cals today, dinner will be that many calories probably, hubby’s asked for a fish dish I did recently, & finding meals are hard enough at the moment. I lost 2lbs since Monday, will probably put it back on today, & tomorrow too as Mum’s coming for dinner!

Morning All…
    A dull start..

Our weight this morning is up 1lb for both for logging…but it is 4 oz each which puts us in the pound up range…so really maintaining…happy..

A few shopping bits this morning, food, printer ink and throws for the settee..the boy will be left at home.
    Charlie is sulking this morning, he is hungry, I know……he doesn’t want chicken on his biscuits..I think he wants a cheese omelette on his biscuits!…he can’t have it every day!

Dave..
    Can’t stand any sport!!….I lived it for 32 years until I opted out!..enough is enough…

Minols..
    No biscuits for a month…goodness you will be the talk if the office …..our anniversary is our first outing together..we always remember it…coming to the end of the school year…more quiet for you.

Hedgehog..
    First ticks for Xena ..I hate them too, any bugs…apparently they die within a few days..we asked the vet…I think we were on the case straight away…2 lbs off is great you are very consistent ..

Cakey..
    Your post came on email and not on here…sorry I can’t remember all you said..

Getting ready for your first park run, that’s brilliant…the chair sounds lovely I could see that under a tree in the heatwave what’s arriving…still swinging in the corner of your office reading a book..very nice…just a few more things to get, all coming together nicely.

Kay..
    Have a lovely time away..

Mel…
    Anything planned over the weekend?

Blow my hair and get the boy out before shopping…have a lovely weekend..

Jean x

I lost a pound so the “chocolate diet” still goes on😁😄😃.Not going fishing too sunny and will be hot, would get a great sun tan but probably not many fish.Going shopping so a large Dairy milk is on the agenda 😙 plus cobs😘😘. Denise would watch sport all day apart from golf, I hate tennis so won’t watch that otherwise we would happily watch sport all day.Denise watches soaps so I stay in bed while she watches them😁

Morning everyone, fast day again. Did well on my NFD yesterday too and did over 19,000 steps. Feeling good. Going to have an easy day today, Paul taking Jodie to the seaside later. The Lincolnshire coast is wonderful and quiet, avoiding Skegness, Cleethorpes etc. Lots of dunes and bunnies to chase. Jean, maintenance is great. Jodie would love a cheese omelette, maybe I ought to treat her! Minols, I am fine with biscuits, never buy them but pig out if I do encounter them. I always think biscuits come in pairs too! Dave were you weighing in today? How did it go? I am weighing myself on Monday (1st Jul). First time since the Kent fiasco with food. Would love to have lost but don’t know really. HH – Jodie hasn’t had a tick for years, unless I am missing them. I do give her stuff from the vet though.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,451 through 22,500 (of 35,310 total)

You must be logged in to reply.