Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,825 replies, has 403 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 2 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,351 through 22,400 (of 35,310 total)

• No chocolate for father’s Day 😩😭😂. Unless I go out and buy some 😁. better not though 😭😭.I will make do with a weight watchers biscuit.

Morning All..

The lounge being painted so keeping out of the way…I took Charlie on a good hours walk…trying to fast today but we will see..Tony will be leaving today so there’s no reason why not..only thing I will be cooking him something at lunch time, Steve will join him..maybe another fd tomorrow…laid upstairs away from everything keeping the boy company..

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your time away, hoping the rain keeps away…

Dave..
    Maybe a re think on all the excerise you are doing…you seem to be quite busy by it all…

Jean x

Morning all.
    One of my drives out to mentor others today… I get to indulge radio 4 all the way!

Got here early so I can have a quiet coffee and mill through some stuff – miss being able to do that when everything is really busy.

I was probably a little over 800 yesterday because of some home made coconut ice I found at the vintage car show… But resisted chips and burgers etc. Worse than being over is probably the ratio of sugar to good food – way over! Still, it’s Sunday and today is a new day and a new week.

Lots of black coffee and chewing gum to get me through until the 800 cals tonight. There’s a recipe for chicken coconut curry I’m going to try with cauli /coconut rice… I’ll let you know!

Good luck, Jean, trying to fast around the bittiness of your day. Never easy on those kind of days.

Anyone else trying a Monday fast?

Mx

Not sure if I will be doing a fast day today,not having any breakfast or dinner but going to speedway in Swindon tonight so a 3.5 hour trip there, probably end up having burger and fries, don’t know how many calories are in that.I have decided I will continue with exercising on Monday and Wednesday but stop Thursday in the park.I will be bowling Tuesday and Saturday so plenty of exercise there plus walking with Heidi.

Afternoon All..
    Ceiling done and first coat on the walls..cooked for Tony but we had slice and a half of toast so not fasting, difficult not to have anything when with others…we will do under 800 cals, fast tomorrow. I have the kitchen full of chairs and other stuff it’s hard doing anything…carbs for me too 😬😬

New glasses have arrived so will collect them tomorrow…

Minols..
    Your chicken curry sounds good…your coconut ice is like a blast from the past..😂..have a lovely ride out and listening to radio 4..

Dave..
    A good idea to cut one of your excerises out…see how you feel..enjoy your day off food while going to Swindon..

Jean x

Hi everyone. Visitors arrived yesterday. Cousin is doing Keto so I did a cauliflower/mince beef thingy. Can’t get my head round all the cream etc that goes in, but no carbs. And it was very nice. I didn’t have any apple tart and cream pudding, just one Hotel Chocolat. Put the chocs out in the hope that a lot would get eaten. They should get polished off over the next couple of days. Did drink a bottle of white wine though. It was quite low alcohol- my only defence. Dave – watch the exercise, you don’t want to overdo it, mind you I am under doing it! Jean, hope the decorating will be over soon. I hate upheaval at home, definitely drive me to chocolate! Minols, curry sounds great. Cousin doing a Thai curry tonight with cauliflower rice which I am looking forward to as haven’t had it before.

Lots of curry and cauli going to be eaten tonight, by the sound of it!

Really not a fan of cauli, but the mash I had at the weekend I could eat by the bucket so really hoping I manage a decent job of the rice tonight and it goes down as well.

Just had my first food today – up until now it’s been black coffee and gum! I got home earlier then expected and looking at tonight’s cals realised I could have some skyr and homemade muesli from the old recipe book. A big dish with some frozen fruit – yum! Should see me through the next 3 hours if I keep myself busy… So 8’d better find something to do – ha ha,

Mx

Evening All..
    A low day for us..we just couldn’t do it with Tony with us…really pleased with my lounge, and kitchen which I did…just the wood work to do and radiators, over the next few weeks..

Collecting my new glasses tomorrow morning, so I will be able to see again, my eyes have changed a lot. When back straighten the house out and put everything back to normal.

Mel…
    Everything working out with the keto..enjoy the visit and catchup…and she’s cooking for you too…nice..

Minols..
    Have a relaxing evening looking through your cook book…you have done better than us…three FDs on the trot for us now…..

Jean x

Hedgehog…
    Hope you are fairing well with no electricity….lovely romantic break by the sea 💕💕
    X

Sat on coach on way home from Swindon,had burger and fries so will have to do three back to back fast days.We got slaughtered at speedway and to make matters worst stuck in a traffic jam near Worcester 😮😲😫

Hi all.

Lovely out just now… And might even by dry today?

Mel – are you dried out now?

HH – hope you’re having a good break.

Jean – no rest for you – glad the decorating has gone well.

Busy night last night – a working meeting for holiday club coming up very soon. This evenings are great – everyone is so experienced we just gather, then disappear in wee huddles to get jobs done – creative types create, organisers organise, techy types press buttons… And I sat at my computer writing. Pretty much what I do a lot, but this time with concentration to get scripts finished without distraction of other things.

Today is frustratingly busy but hopefully worthwhile – it had better be cos I’m desperate to get time to drop in on some folks… I just can’t get some clear time. But tomorrow is looking preciously clear for visits and hopefully writing the plan for Sunday – kids’presentation service.

All that said, I need to think of food between 400 and 600cals tonight that does not involve cauli – otherwise the boy will leave!

Have a good one everybody… Esp if you’re fastinf – Jean? Steve?

Mx

Morning All..
    A bright day at the moment…could have thunder late afternoon…

Collecting my glasses today and having a walk around Beverley a small market town…Steve isn’t so good doesn’t feel like fasting, I shall try and keep it low..looks like a bad food week! 😬

Dave..
    Poor you sat in traffic not good…good luck on three day fasting…

Minols..
    So busy hope you get all the jobs done…play clubs starting again, at least it keeps them off computers.

Daughter in Houston has sent the two boys for football fitness training 2 hours 4 times a week, it’s attached to their school for when they start back in August….and to make friends, to get them off their gadgets …still she has had a lock fitted on their ‘Media’ room were all phones, computers, iPads live!!

Mel..
    Hope you survive all this rain coming again and over flowing rivers…our river is running really high now, coming off the Pennines…

Jean x

Just cooked lots of eggs and bacon for people, I had a lovely bacon sandwich. Luckily we are all dried out but carpet a bit stained. Rumour is more heavy rain tonight but think we have a good blocking system in place now. Feeling a bit tired. People leave tomorrow then we go down to Kent for four days. Bon Jovi concert ( indulging my inner rock chick)! Barbecue on Saturday. Looking forward to getting home and a peaceful time with some good ADF throughout July. Hope everyone is having a good day, fasting or not.
    Dave, what do have have on your three day fast, just water, 500 or 800?

Ooo…chocolate diet and a mention of a new choc bar that Ive not tried!!!

Today Im staying away from carbs. Ive got back into bad habits of toast….crackers…..etc and if I want to achieve my ‘end the month lighter than started’ I have to get my act together!

Had a great time last weekend and avoided most of the rain whilst camping and walking apart from the last night!

Off up to Worcestershire/Deeside/Cheshire this weekend. Visiting family and tagging on 3 days camping at the end of it to break the journey and extend holiday.

Struggling with my back at the mo. Got sciatica now which I don’t know if is an improvement on my locked up/spasms in back but I keep gently moving around and taking the tablets!

Just had baked beans and an egg. Off to get new tyres fitted on the car and maybe a stop off at the garden centre. Although I must not buy too many more plants 😀

Afternoon All…

I have got my new glasses, look nice..walked around Beverley then I was going back for adjustment, well at home now forgot to go so they seem fine…no nipping…I usually go back loads so 🤞

We have put curtains and pictures up….I am pleased as we don’t need replacements as everything matches .maybe just new throws of a different colour for Charlie to sit on, quite cheap so that’s not bad…

A low / normal day, we got way laid in a cafe 😬..two fds tomorrow and Thursday…hoping for maintaining at the best on Friday!

Mel..
    Enjoy your concert and your time away…bbq for Saturday…I am so glad the flooding is fine and you have it under control..

Kay..
    Have a lovely break away and meet up with family……you had great scenery while away last week it was so beautiful, great missing the weather too, I think we all got some of it……..sciatica is awful hope it eases soon for you…

I am still off the carbs, I think I have had bread twice when I couldn’t avoid it over the last two weeks..

Jean x

Just wrote a long post and my mate sent me a message on what’s app and wiped it all out😠I was saying my dog likes Bon Jovi,she howled like a wolf at livin in a prayer.I do 800 on fast days,I have a lot more to lose than the rest of you He just sent me another message but I ignored it😄.I went bowling with my son again today and he has joined the club,all the women were swarming around him.We have been invited to play on Saturday and get a free lunch and I have been roped in to playing mixed doubles on Sunday, they are trying to get my son also but he has avoided it up to now😄he is going to watch but if they are short of men u am sure the women will get him😁😁

Morni g all… Beautiful day just now.

Confess to feeling really tired – could be the food (but not especially hungry) could be the boys deciding to start the day at 5.30 when I was trying to make last night a catch up on sleep night – grrrrr!

So while I still want to stick to the 800 I might start earlier. Usually try not to eat before mid afternoon but might need a more normal pattern… A risky strategy cos we all know how hard stopping once started is!

Going to slowly do things to eek out the time as long as poss and then I may have a wee omelette or some porridge before work.

Anyone else fasting today?

Kay – have a lovely break – I’ve no sense of the forecast for that neck of the woods but envy you camping!

Mel – are you still dry?

Jean – you’ve managed to get straight after decorating really quickly!

Mx

Morning All..
    A good drizzle day very muggy…a good hours walk a bit on the wet side my hair especially…my straight hair all curly I hate it!

Still tidying around after painting and catchup on jobs which I haven’t done…seem to be loads…

Fasting today and tomorrow…it’s difficult for Steve tomorrow , he is fasting before tests then eating, then having more tests at the hospital.

Dave..
    Laughing at the bowling with the women swarming around your son…is he single and free? How old is he? It’s nice that he’s joining you…a bit of boy time…have a good fd.

Minols..
    Still a lot to do after decorating…lots done but just go through each room again on the ground floor upstairs is fine….moving stuff about makes it all need a clean, paint splashes etc….having a sit after my walk..then I will start.

Hope your fast day goes well and to plan…egg and bacon for us this evening…I feel tired like you Steve is always up early and not always quiet, roaming through the night too..tea in bed is usually 6.30 ish….he wakes Charlie up and he joins me (us) about 5 am, Steve sometimes downstairs at that time…all fun.

Jean x

Good morning everyone,up early today, took Heidi out an hour ago so a shock for her😄 waiting for the Virgin engineer to sort out my upgrade,we are supposed to have another V6 box put in,(Extra) but don’t really want it,my son said he doesn’t want it so will have to see what happens when he gets here this afternoon. I now have 2 SIM cards in my phone 😲was trying to work out how to set it up.Think I have sorted it🤯. Another fast day for me so it will be harder than yesterday ,fingers crossed.

It’s funny Jean when he joined the bowling club he couldn’t remember how old he was😄he is free and single and 33 years old.Cant get rid of him😄😁😆not that I want too.

Hi all… Trying desperately not to cave in and eat everything in the house!

Dave – 2 sims in you phone… Does that mean you have two different numbers but that they both come to the same handset?

Mx

Got quite a bit done and squared round…a good bit of washing, it’s all drying……feel even more tired then when I got up…

Charlie walk soon..push myself to go…FD going ok but feeling hungry now I have stopped..Charlie will save me 😂

Dave….
    I am with Minols why two SIM cards in the same phone??…I have not heard of that…..glad all is sorted with Virgin..

Minols..
    Keep strong not much longer before we can eat…

Jean x

Finally got tyres sorted out on the car after a hiccup yesterday!

Working in the morning so need to get the camping stuff sorted out for the trip later. Will sort clothes out tomorrow afternoon.

Didnt eat much yesterday although did eat chocolate!! No bread though, which was a good start!

I think the weather is changing for the better now according to the forecasts.

Mel, where do you live? Hope you are staying dry.

Minols, hope you dont crash this evening after your early start!

Dave, hope your son doesnt get too good at bowls!

Jean, is Charlie ok now?

Kx

Minols yes it has two SIM cards in the same phone.I have a contract with Vodafone for 20 gig of data, unlimited minutes and texts.And now as part of my upgraded contract with Virgin I have a Virgin SIM card wit unlimited data minutes and texts.When my Vodafone contract runs out I will just use the Virgin one.I suppose most people that use two SIM cards are business people,one for business and the other for personal use.I have had a sandwich so still in course for 800 calories.

Hello all!
    Jean- thought you were going to say you could see better with the new glasses & had missed bits with the decorating! I hope that Steve feels better soon & that the tests go okay…difficult fasting with lots going on!
    Minols- sounds like you’re having a really busy time, doing well with the fasting!
    Dave- thought your son would be a big hit! Hope your knees settle down…
    Mel- fingers crossed no more floods. Hope you didn’t put on any weight with your visitors, sounds like you were strong! And have a good trip away! I like Bon Jovi…
    Kay- hope you have a good trip & the weather’s good for you!
    Had a brilliant time away although the weather wasn’t great…so relaxing! Was brave & had a few dips in the sea, great to warm up in the hot tub afterwards, although it was a wood fired one so took ages to heat up. We managed the hiking okay, & not too bad food wise. Lovely to see Xena again, boys have left the place tidy, mainly down to the youngest, eldest is in his own world at the moment!

Missed all the exercises this week so not sure the chocolate diet will work again 😋😛😜.But hopefully it will.Virgin engineer came and was amazed when I said I didn’t want the extra TV box.I have the sim and new channels,just waiting for the speed of internet to go quicker.

Evening All..
    Managed a walk without rain..nice and warm getting all my washing dry too….all finished for the day, a good fast day.

Sod’s law Steve going to Grimsby hospital tomorrow 3 hour appointment with 1 hours travel both ways….Scunthorpe hospital rang today and wanted to see him tomorrow about some tests …keeping with Grimsby…although the other is a worry…seeing them next week.

Kay..
    Charlie is fine, still under whistle training on recall..it’s coming along lovely…enjoy your trip away looks like weathers improving…hope alls well with the family.

Dave..
    Never heard of two sims…

Hedgehog…
    A few dips in the sea brrrrrrrr…sounds as if everything went well and a good trip away….did you manage ok with no electric??…Xena would be fussy to see you and kitchen cook back, boys fussy too…😂

I have been touching up today, some parts not to my standard, it would have annoyed me..all sorted now. I think it’s better to do it yourself…but Steve had organised it. 🤐..glasses are fine too.

Jean x

Evening all – that’s me done for the day…possibly a fraction over, but happy enough.

HH – glad you had such a relaxing holiday…so good for you.

Jean – hope all goes well at Grimsby tomorrow with your man…he’s a worry!

Just down at the office to finish off some work while the BB have a BBQ – talk about noise! And then I’ll take a study group. Feeling a little more caught up now.

Mx

Fingers crossed for Steve tomorrow.I only have two Sims until my contract with Vodafone runs out.

Jean- a worry with Steve, frustrating to have to wait a week for the other results…where do you get the sofa throws from? Need to get another one as Xena likes the settee!
    Managed fine without the electric, although my hair looked bad without blowdrying it! Enjoyed the view & peace, didn’t miss tv etc. Didn’t read much of my book either, just taking it all in…
    Dave- hope the broadband speed is what they’ve promised!
    Minols- glad you feel a bit more in control…

Broadband speed more than doubled, will try it later but it’s very good at the moment.

Hedgehog…
    I get the throws from Dunelm ( usually with the cushions), just for half the settee £6 each, just fluffy ones they wash and dry quick. I have 5, one he has in his bed…need a change of colour now..good for changing and keeping them fresh.

Just tests tomorrow for Steve, treadmill, for his heart..no results, they will be later.

Thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes.

X

Quick update, broadband speed 490 Mbs download speed.😜🤯

Morning all

Had a little wobble last night – ate a couple of buns (home made, so fortunately small compared with shop ones and we never bother to ice them cos they’re just for lunch boxes so less mess this way). Anyway buns plus shop bought goujons (which where ver low cal but coated in stuff) meant I was not only probably a little over, but also gave me indigestion. Fresh made food is definitely better for me.

But good news is – on week in on the 800 – and I’ve lost 5lb. I know it will slow down and there will be the whole tricky situation of transitioning to 5:2 during the holidays, but it’s such a boost after how hard it has been this year. I know Ivve lost this before.. So I am a little nervous about keeping it off, but hoping I can manage to keep going at least through a second week.

So tonight is salmon and veg… And I have enough in the bag to have porridge or yogurt if I need to break my fast earlier. And a meeting to keep me occupied after.

Really hoping I can do this.

Mx

Well done Minols, that’s great & hopefully it’ll give you the oomph to keep going another week!
    Dodging showers again for us, seem to have piles of washing to do- it’s only been 3 days for all of us but there we go! Taking Xena out while hubby waits in again for the electrician who never comes! Shopping & seeing mum later…keto day for me, can’t face fasting yet!

Brea yourself in gently, HH… Cutting the car s suddenly just stops the rot!
    Mx

Morning All..
    My big bright sun in the sky has disappeared…cloudy and dull….brought a pile of washing down to do and it’s in the washer…

Steve changed his appointments going to the chest specialist, they had a meeting yesterday and wanted to see him 😬…thought it sounded more important…going at 2.30..

We are fasting again today…ham omelette for tonight.

Minols..
    That is amazing 5 lbs is that in a week?…that’s a big loss…..is this a new bun diet 😂…it’s hard on holiday to fast but it may make you do good choices….some holidays I do better than others…

Hedgehog..
    The fun on having a few days off…the washing soon piles up …..good luck on electrician today…

Weigh in Friday…oops

Jean x

Good afternoon a bit cloudy here, another fast day today,I crumbled last night and had toast 😵. Speedway tonight if the rain stays away.A5 lb loss is brilliant,well done.The sun has just come out☀️☀️☀️.

Ahhh…I love a good bowl of porridge! And having it now means that I’ve ‘TRE’d (sorry, can’t remember what it stands for – can you, Dave) since last night until 1.30 which is supposed to be good for fat-munching (?) ketones. And hopefully I won’t nibble until I have my salmon at 5ish.

Jean – yes, it’s in one week, but it’s one week of 800 cal days…and I guess it’s always quick at the start, especially as I’d spent a wee while back up with a two stone target settling in around my waist and hips like they owned my a*s! I know Dave did really well when he managed 800 for 2 weeks – much better than I did (alright, I guess I now realise the extent of my cheating), and so I’m bein a bit manic around planning and recording. Do NOT want to be like this for the rest of my life, so the daily 800 has to come to an end…and then the trick will be being back on straightforward 5:2 as a WOL. Really do not want to be yo-yo-ing.

Mx

Time Restricted Eating,I think the best idea if you do the 800 is to do it for a week then alternate with a week of 5-2.

Afternoon all!
    I will do TRE today-eating from 8am-8pm probably!!
    Minols- sounds like you’re getting back in the zone- Dave’s idea sounds good! I will go back to Fast800 next week!
    Dave- hope the speedway’s on!
    Jean- thinking of you & Steve…

Evening All..
    We are finished eating for the day….enjoyed my omelette they are getting spot on now after all my practice lol…..milk a bit later before bed…

Steve tests show his shadow still there, no smaller and no bigger..he has to have a biopsy next week to see what it is….😬…his fasting hasn’t been good as a chocolate boost while waiting..I looked the other way!..
    We got told off cancelling the other appointment as that is urgent too..( we have waited for that for three months!) ..she understood when we said why…they are making us another one.

We have a eating window..9 am finish by 5.30pm…TRE…is that good enough? Eight and a half hours.

Weigh in tomorrow…

Jean x

Jean- all a worry with Steve, seems to be taking forever to sort what’s wrong, good that the shadow hasn’t got bigger, hope you don’t have to wait long for the appt. which you had to cancel.
    You’ve done well to fast, I would definitely have been with Steve on the chocolate!

Hedgehog..
    It’s a worry but we will get there…thanks for your support..
    Xx

Morning all!
    Going to see my Home-start family this morning…hopefully some cuddles with the new baby! Sun is out for a change!

Morning all…

Jean – I guess I’m with HH… You take the crumb of comfort that nothing has changed and use that to get you through the frustration of waiting for detail. But it IS frustrating!

HH-lucky you… Getting a cuddle with a wee one. We’re sunny too, but the wind is quite strong.

I like your idea, Dave, and was thinking of 2:5 as being a possible next step. I do want to try today to get to 3pm if possible TRe cos then I’m goi g to have chips with the boy before he goes on camp. And I think the OH and I might share a Chinese tomorrow while the boy is away… But then on Sunday I’d need to be back on the straight and narrow.

Are having your usual Friday off, Jean?

Mx

Morning All..
    The sun is out here..going through to Beverley to have lunch and we are looking at coats for the winter..the shop has sent away for some different sizes to try on..

Good news on the weight…I have lost 2 lbs and Steve has lost 3 lbs….trying Dave’s chocolate diet helped, a few pieces a few nights, I must include the 3 large vanilla slices each and two meals out!!…you wonder how it works!

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your cuddles today and helping the family…

Walking the boy shortly, with big treats in pocket….his recall training is working a treat we are so pleased with him…don’t know whether to take him to Beverley or leave him behind…

Jean x

Minols…
    Think we crossed…thanks for your wishes, we are ok you can’t worry over something you can’t change but it’s at the back of your mind…

Yes it’s Friday off today, I have decided to have some potatoes with my dinner, a pork dish I am trying to copy off the Ask restaurant …with a glass of wine.

You are doing very well with your weight the change has done you good, me too with no potatoes and bread. I seem to have been moving at a yo yo, up and down for months, just maintaining and gaining slightly with holidays…fingers crossed we can keep it going.

Jean x

Well done on the weight, Jean – and Steve, too!
    Chocolate diet here I come…! (Kidding!)
    Mx

The chocolate diet rules ok.I have lost 3lbs so choccy is doing good 😄 going to Sainsbury’s now cobs and a bar of chocolate on the menu😆,I bought a big bar last week and woofed the lot on Friday night then stayed clear of it the rest of the week.I hope Steve is ok,it must be worrying for both of you,never nice when you are waiting for results, I still have concerns if I get too hot or get aches and pains and think to myself is it another heart attack, Denise is the same I can see her looking at me so I try to hide it

Viewing 50 posts - 22,351 through 22,400 (of 35,310 total)

You must be logged in to reply.