Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,908 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 4 hours, 1 minute ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 22,001 through 22,050 (of 35,395 total)

• Morning all.

Great weekend – hope everyone caught as much sun as we did. Ended up hopping a couple of islands – stunningly beautiful beaches on the west coast up here. Managed huge long stretches of time when I didn’t think work! Old dog loved being with us, and coped brilliantly even with the last island hop that doesn’t allow cars, so he had to walk with us and be tied up outside when we popped into places of interest. Of course, he got lots of fuss which always helps!

Now back to everything that must be done this week. Just an apple so far today. I’ve done the second run of wekk to of c25k, and I’ve cycled into town on my way to the office and picked up meat at the butchers in my own tubs to avoid all the packaging at the supermarket. Feel a righteous glow…or is that just the sheen of having tried to do too much too soon!

Going to power through a load of stuff in the next couple of hours (ha – I hope!) before a meeting about the on-going difficult situation of the last couple of weeks.

Maybe I need a coffee first!

Mx

I dare not look at scales,they would groan under the weight.Just had a pint of lager,chips and an Angus Berger,then an ice cream cone😜😝😮, think I will do 5-2 one week then 800 next week and try that for a while.

Just braved the scales and really surprised that my weight is still the same as it was weeks ago – Ive not gained at all! Phew!
    So if cut out some of the crap Im eating then hopefully I will start to loose again.
    Only got 7lbs to go to goal but I think it will take ages!!

Just waiting for Neil to come home and then we are taking Billy to the beach for an hour!

Still looking out for rescue dogs but not found the right one yet 😉

Minols……
    Your holiday sounded just lovely…I love islands…..my sort of holiday no people 😂…when you are around people all the time like you, it’s just what you want…..glad the old boy managed..( not hubby 😂)

Dave……
    Holidays are holidays a good week when back will soon sort it out….

Kay…
    Well done it’s nice to maintain once in a while…I am about 7 lbs up too…these holidays cause havoc!

Can you choose the dogs to be rescued or do the centres put the dogs to you…when we went we didn’t see any dogs they just suggested a couple with photos…I didn’t like that idea.

Well Steve has declared we are on holiday…so no fast today but we will be about 800 cal so not too bothered.

Charlie has had kennel cough vaccine up his nose and the receptionist ( another dog walker) gave us the wormer and flea treatment early..she wangled it for us, that’s for next week, we were concerned as we will be in forests etc..

Packing is going well up early tomorrow..hopefully…….hope we have Wi-fi I can’t remember whether we do or not at the first site…

Charlie’s shower shortly, get him smelling snuggly….🐶..🛁..

Jean x

Very hot today so come to hotel for a cuppa and to get out of the sun😎.I don’t know what it is but my legs never seem to catch the sun,still white😁. We are not sun seekers,we never lie in the sun,no sitting by the pool or on the beach.

I am not sure your email will show up on your profile Jean.I could be wrong.

I just checked in on Heidi,she was sat on the sofa where I usually sit watching the telly,then she looked out of the window,now she is out of sight behind the sofa 😁

Jean- got your email thanks! Will be in touch…I feel in holiday mode too & busy getting everything ready!
    Kay- well done maintaining, especially without trying! Probably all that work & dog walking you’ve been doing! Enjoy Billy’s beach walk!
    Minols- sounds a wonderful weekend! Hope the situation gets sorted out …Are you starting couch to 25k? Very brave…
    Dave- glad the holiday’s going well & Heidi’s fine! Did Denise see she was on the sofa?
    Cakey- hope you had a good weekend!
    Homestart visit went okay, spent the rest of the day washing, ironing, cleaning, cooking to stock up fridge & freezer…only just finished!
    & I didn’t stay off the peanut butter!

We are waiting for two new sofa’s,they are coming next month.So Denise is not too worried 😁

Morning All…
    Up early and just sorting the last bits out…Charlie’s walk and pack the fresh stuff and then car…looks like we are going to the cooler part of the UK, still don’t want it too hot in the caravan, possibly get to 19 or 20, we are in an enclosed area…

Dave..
    Lovely to see Heidi all settled watching tv and on the sofa, she is on her holidays watching her own programmes 😂

Hedgehog..
    When are you going..must be soon…enjoy St Ives you can tell me all about it….looking forward to meeting up…

Cakey, Kay and Minols..
    Enjoy the lovely weather what ever you are doing…

Will be posting when I can..

Jean x

I sometimes put Dog TV on and she does watch it😁it seems every time I get a notification from fat busters I am in a restaurant eating🐽🐽🐽

Hi All – another beautiful day up here, so I’ve cycled to work again (down hill all the way today!)

Just working this morning and this evening – planning on taking a couple of hours this after to cut the grass…it really needs it!

Going to keep food light, but unfussy just now.

Jean – have a great break – 19/20 is about the right temperature for me! 22 is lovely, but anything more and I can’t be bothered moving around…and then I get bored! Wish my office was on the sunny side, though – may have to put the heater on for a while! Aarrgh…never happy!

Kay – well done on maintaining while your eye was off the ball. THat’s brilliant. Your body must be getting used to itself!

Mx

Afternoon!
    Minols- enjoy the nice Scottish weather, downhill on the way to work, but uphill going back?!😱
    Dave- oh dear, eating again?! Lovely, enjoy it!
    Jean- safe journey & hope the first site is nice!
    We’re off early tomorrow- hopefully, if I can get everything done! Was out for a lovely long walk with Xena, met some nice dogs (& owners!), she’s been to taining again, 1st class in a month, she got tired! Cooking extras for the boys, Xena’s stuff is packed, we take her soon. We’d put our name down to do a Hoopers beginners class with her, the 1st one is tonight, so I’m going to watch, it’d be too late to take her afterwards. Picking constantly at food today, oh dear! I won’t take the peanut butter with me though!

Will be glad to get home to stop eating🐽. Definitely going on salads when I get home,and no beer too.

Evening All..
    We arrived safely all set up, a forest walk and then quiet time, a read …so so very hot, we just managed to sit in it… lovely meal tonight, cooked ham with baby baby potatoes from a house near the vets and salad.. really hit the spot.. wine and an early G and T oops.. but nice.

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your break the weathers really good for you… we are in the cooler area but still hot. What’s is Hoopers?? No idea??.. safe journey..

This is one of my very favourite sites, I try and come once every year.. hoping for a Cromer crab at sometime 😁

Minols..
    Shame the office is cold..on a lovely day.. well done on all the road riding..down hill one way up hill coming back 😬

Well back in the forest for a Charlie walk.. he really does love it..so nice to see him so happy ..

Jean x

Dave..
    Just enjoy the holiday after the disappointment of the last one… you only live once.. enjoy
    X

Morning All…

Early night last night we were all shattered.

We were out at 7am for our forest walk, the day is just beautiful, birds singing, Charlie just doesn’t know which way to go, he is in a frenzy with himself…back now and breakfast finished. Charlie is sleeping and recharging his batteries We have decided to head out for a beach walk and lunch out..making the most of the weather..

Hedgehog..
    Safe journey enjoy your time away….

Minols…
    Enjoy your lovely weather, you often miss out …taking it from us all…🌞

Kay..
    What are you up too….working?…enjoy your Billy walks.

Cakey..
    Hope you recharged your batteries..don’t work too hard…

Dave..
    Looking forward to fasting again…after two weeks away, too much food…I always do..

Have a good day..

Jean x

It’s my last day today, looking forward to stroking Heidi 😀 when I get home.Nothing planed for today,we were not sure what time we get picked up but I just received a text telling me😁 technology eh,it’s a bit cloudy but the sun will be out soon.

Dave..
    A good holiday.. safe journey home hope all is on time.
    X

I don’t like the last day,just want to get home, going for a meal later won’t be doing much more.Still got 700 euros left so that will go towards Cyprus trip hopefully in September.Think we are going all inclusive in September,my friend who was the bar manager in the hotel we usually go to in Cyprus is not doing it any more,he has his own business so he sent me a text saying he would meet me in Protaras for a beer,he lives in Nicosia.So will look to book holiday soon.

Hi all!
    Nightmare journey, M25 closed completely! Had a 2 hour detour just to miss out a teeny stretch! Still, here now & this place is amazing! The doors are bifold & open out right over the beach. Had a little explore, eating in tonight- keto is out the window as a cream tea had been left!

I am having a t-bone steak,it’s massive 😋

Never seen such a big steak,I will send you a picture Jean,it’s unbelievable.

Morning All..

A beautiful day …we are having a lazy day about site today unless it changes…Charlie is up and running early waiting to go into the forest, sat whining for his walk, he did this on his last holiday….had Steve out at 5.30 for potty far too early. My turn tomorrow!….A quick cuppa and we will all be out…

Hedgehog..
    Your cottage sounds lovely…the windows and overlooking the sea….what a journey you can so do without…enjoy yourselves..

Dave…
    Safe journey or are you home…I could never eat a T bone far too big…fasting for you soon 😂

Jean x

Jean, your holiday sounds lovely!

Dave, see you back soon.

Im fasting today!!!

Hi All…
    So warm but a bit windy…bbq first outing with bacon butties with tomato for lunch…bbq steak, onions, new potatoes and salad tonight…

Just come in to have a break from the sun…

Kay..
    Everything going well here feels like on a proper holiday not just our usual break…off to a lake and a dogs agility track tomorrow 5 mins up the lane ..no idea what that will consist off…free to go in…it will be me running up and down 😂..Charlie will wonder if I am going mad!

No fasting for us while away..have a good one yourself…

X

Sat at airport now,we fly at 4-30 so not too long.

Dave- have a safe journey home, hopefully no delays…
    Jean- forest sounds lovely & the bbq, hope Charlie enjoys the agility…very early starts!
    Kay- hope your FD goes okay, sorry you’re on your own…are you walking Billy today?
    We’ve explored St.Ives, round the town & the coast path, not so sunny but at least dry. Had ice cream & more scones! Fell asleep on the sofa listening to the sea, was asleep for 2 hours! Probably catching up from yesterday…

Hi all
    This is my in between week – and I wish I’d just taken it as a holiday! Everyone sounds so chilled and relaxed!

Still, the weather’s been great, and I’ve not been under huge pressure this week, so quite nice after a couple of days away, and before General Assembly…for sassenachs, that’s the big Kirk shindig that happens annually with lots of hot air filling a very hot hall, lots of ‘catch ups’ and ‘how are yous’ in the refectory next door, and a few sneaky trips out in to the wider world of Edinburgh. I’m a commissioner this year, so I’ll be commuting daily from Saturday. Wondering if I should take the change in pace and rhythm to try and have a week of real discipline.

Sounds like folk are arriving for my meeting so I’d better be off…

Mx

Hi All..

Hedgehog..
    You must of been tired, nice catch up on sleep and relax.. I think the fresh air catches you out..
    a lot of walking and scones.. enjoy..

Minols..
    Enjoy your General Meeting and hope you get to sneak out in the big city …treat yourself..

Kay..
    Hope your fast day has gone well.. no thoughts on fasting here 😬

Caravan has been washed outside, not supposed to do it but it’s a relaxed site.. some sites have Mr Important people but this site is Mr Happy you are on holiday 😁

Oh dear.. we went out for a forest walk this evening … Charlie came back with black thick mud up to his belly, he stunk..goodness where he found it as it was quite dry… a bucket wash outside he wasn’t amused with that…a white dog isn’t a good idea 😂

Jean x

Morning All….
    Sunny weather has left us, warm but a bit of drizzle. A lovely walk again this morning and another lovely mud bath he was so mucky, it must be worth his bucket bath 😂..as he doesn’t like an inch of water just a micro cloth! Charlie is sleeping now wrapped up in his blanket, as he was wet and cold…🐶

We are going to the park later, there is a lake and the agility track thing, hoping not another bucket bath! Possibly lunch out…

All quiet on here…have a good day the weekend looming…

Jean x

Morning

Doing bits and bobs today, and getting reading of reports done for the next week…makes me feel like a bear of very little brain! I may need to cut the grass this afternoon to walk off some of the dusty that will settle while I’m reading. Also, it REALLY needs doing, and rain is due here tonight and tomorrow.

Eating – but not too much, and looking forward to my takeaway tonight…nobody does Caesar salad quite like a chippy!

Ooh – just thought, I need to do some piano practice…that’ll get me away from my reports!

Enjoy the mud, Jean!
    Mx

Well I must have had a great holiday, I have gained 20 lbs😩😩😩. Denise gained 3lbs🤯🤯🤯.Think part of it was having an English breakfast every day.Plus beer that I don’t normally have,but if you don’t do it on holiday then there’s no point going.310 lbs now almost 😖. Will have Sainsbury’s cobs today but the fasting starts this week.We had a bit of turbulence on the way home,a poor girl in front of me was crying her eyes out,she was in her 20s.Denise was tense but I treat it like a fairground ride😃

Hi all!
    Minols- hope you got the grass cut okay, & piano practice done, better than reports!
    Dave- back safely, ouch on the scales though! Well done to Denise!
    Kay- hope your FD went well yesterday…
    Jean- naughty Charlie! Hope he enjoyed the agility!
    Cakey- how are you, how’s the running going?
    We’ve had a lazy day, enjoying the scenery, little bit of shopping, paddle in the sea…a seal came up to the beach for a rest this afternoon, he swam off after a couple of hours,a bit wild tonight, lovely watching the waves crash up just underneath the windows, but hope the seal’s okay! We decided our view is way better than any of the restaurants, so have bought cheeses, strawberries, raspberries & chocolates for a meal in! Don’t want to go home tomorrow 😞😞, but miss our Xena, & the boys of course 😉?!

Evening All…

Minols..
    Hope your piano practice went well.. is it relaxing or stressful?.. no mud bath today we went a different route.. enjoy your Caesar salad..

Dave…
    Ooooh 20 lbs on… definitely get the 800 cals going again..a big ouch!

Hedgehog..
    It sounds a lovely meal hope it was all romantic too.. safe journey home tomorrow.. see Xena and the boys ..

We went to the Arboretum today it was really lovely, we walked around the perimeter where the dogs could go off lead.. the agility was a good idea but too many smells to participate in it..free entry and car park it makes a difference.. the lake was fine but out of the forest. Then had a pub meal very dog friendly with dog biscuits and water bowl, may go there again even if just for coffee ..we are eating far too much!

Jean x

Morning All..
    Having a ride to Thetford today a small market town.. then going back to two spots we visited yesterday to collect fir cones for school …not many about then saw these…

Safe journey home Hedgehog..enjoy your cobs Dave..

Have a good weekend all..

Jean x

Afternoon All..
    We went to Thetford smaller than I remembered, called at a cafe.
    We called at the Arboretum and collected two carrier bags of fir cones for school.. later we are going in our forest to collect some more..

Lazing about reading before popping out.

Charlie brought a tick in the caravan the other day, jumped off him as he has had his flea treatment, good job we saw it before we got it… brushing him now and checking us after our walks…. we have just taken two out of his eye lash line, he is such a good boy, he sat still while we did it…

Theres lots of ticks about not just forests, lots of people saying about them, even on grass and going on trousers and your soles of shoes …

Check your furry friends.

Very quiet on here , everyone busy..

Jean x

Just used my bus pass for the first time,😁.Went to bowling club to check a few things out,only two people there so I watched them for a while.They asked if I want to play but didn’t take my bowls,when they finished their game one of them let me use his bowls so I had half an hour bowling.Will take my own bowls on Tuesday and have a practice.They said they are always short of players on the team for Friday but I want to practice first,not played for over 50 years.I will do four,three this week, fasting on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday,the following week I will do 800.

We’re home- left before 5am, had a much better run than going! Waiting to see when we can get Xena…hope she’s been good!
    Jean- is it the baby ticks you’ve found on Charlie? Or big ones? They have a weird life cycle, I looked it up ages ago when we had Josie, lots about here from deer & sheep.
    Dave- I’ll be joining you with extra fasting next week, but not bowling!

HH,good I need the help.Only trouble is we are probably booking two weeks in Cyprus all inclusive next week.🐽🐽🐽.Not sure if I should get weighed every week or month.Answers on a postcard.Cyprus trip will be in September.

Hedgehog..
    They were baby ticks, the one in the caravan was larger..one near his eye was like a splinter sticking out, like a thick eye lash..the other two were small but you could feel them and just see them with my readers on….I got my tweezers out and used them, the skin is so thin there, so close to his eye.

Glad to have you back it’s been so quiet…sounds a lovely place where you have been.. hope you get Xena soon ..

Dave…
    Every week weigh in.. keep an eye on what’s going on..lovely to get the next holiday booked

Jean x

Not booked it yet but it’s only a matter of time.Careful with ticks,they can be very dangerous.Do you use frontline or similar?City running away with the FA cup.

Morning All..

A lazy day around the site.. awning to take down and a clean up before we move tomorrow.. going to Hickling, Norfolk Broads and nearer to the coast..

Will miss it here the walks are amazing for Charlie.. who said you would never tire a Dalmatian out..this one is shattered.. 5 long walks yesterday..lazy day for all of us..sat outside for the last hour reading, it’s beautiful..

Dave..
    We have flea / tick stuff from the vets, they die on him, I think these were dead but we took them off with tweezers.. one jumped off him on to the caravan seat the day before, that’s the problem for us.. we are checking him and us over every time now ..

Have a good day all..

Jean x

Check which one you are using Jean,I used to get mine from the vets but they charge a fortune and you can generally buy the same thing online or even at a pharmacy,some do worming to and some don’t but you still need worming tablets for ring worm.Feeling the cold since I got back❄️.I must go back to having no breakfast and cut out lunch too,or at least cut down on lunch.

Hello Fastfriends

Busy old week with a trip to the big city last week but managed a couple of runs and the new Pilates class. Spent a few hours in the garden today, hopefully that should have burnt a few calories too. Stiffening up a bit, need to either do some stretches or maybe a bath.

Nice to have company on the C25K Minols, how are you finding it? Have you done it before? This is my first time doing any kind of running and so far made it to Week 4 run 3. My goal is to do a park run.

Sounds like you’re having/had lovely hols Jean, Dave and Hh. I’m sure you can’t have put that much weight on Dave kn a couple of weeks. Are you sure you weren’t still holding your suitcase when you weighed in?

I’m 3 lbs down over the last couple of weeks. Haven’t managed fasts but seem to have cut out a few meals and smaller portions. When I say 3lbs down, it’s not that great as that’s from the upper limit. I live in hope of lowering that upper limit.

Here’s an interesting phenomenon. My daughter is the same height as me and weighs about half a stone less. Yet all her clothes are size 10 and mine are all 14s. She’s super fit and goes to the gym about 5 times a week. The old adage that muscle weighs more that fat must be true, there is no other explanation. She is much much slimmer yet doesn’t weigh much less.

3 weeks to my hols and counting

CW

Three weeks will soon pass CW.Looking at buying a new car,maybe not brand new but nearly new,seen a nice one only done 8 miles but over £2000 knocked off the price.Or I can buy one 2017 only done 89 miles for £11000.Will get around £3000 for mine,so will have a proper look tomorrow.Still got to book Cyprus,so see what time I get up tomorrow.Got the gym again tomorrow.

Evening All…
    The fourth bucket wash of the week time we moved on 😂
    Lots done for our next move and site.. just a bit to do
    in the morning… about 90 mins away towards the coast and Broads..hope it’s a nice site..

Dave..
    We are paying for a health package for flea and worming tablets.. it works out at half price for the year it includes other stuff too..supposed to be the best at the moment..good luck on the car hunt.

Cakey..
    You are always so busy.. 3 lbs down is great all going in the right direction..working well at the running and palates class too… I don’t think you can compare the youngsters to us, we all change shape as you get older, with each decade..☹️

Hedgehog..
    Glad you and Xena had a good time.. and it all went well at the sitters.. it takes it out of you the travelling.. we feel shattered today don’t know why.
    All fun with the shed at least she has got it sorted.

Jean x

Dave- what sort of car are you getting?
    If you book Cyprus in September that’s plenty of time to get back in shape! I’d weigh weekly, keeps track of it better!
    Cakey- not long to go til your holiday! & your birthday, will anyone make you a cake?! Funny about your daughter’s weight, but it must be the muscle! Although even an inch in height can make a big difference in height! My friend is a similar shape to me, but 2 or 3 inches taller & she’s 2 stone heavier!
    Well done keeping going with the running, hope you’re not too stiff from gardening!
    Jean- hope the packing up goes okay & it stays dry for you! With the ticks, I don’t think the babies latch on & grow into big ticks I think that they drop off & go through another cycle first. It’s weird. The big ones I put a hot match on to kill them off, the frontline stuff didn’t work very well on Josie. Have a nice time at Hickling, hope Charlie doesn’t go swimming in the river!
    Kay & Minols- hope that you both haven’t been working too hard…
    Still don’t feel that I’ve caught up with sleep after our early start & Xena is worn out from all her fun too!
    Been to Church, then saw mum- she was really chuffed as a chap round the corner wants her shed, & he’s happy to clear it out & go to the tip with the stuff! We’ve not done it for her as she wants to replace it with another one which is ridiculous, so it’s made her day! Trying to talk her out of getting another one!

Morning all!
    I’m going back on the fast800 again to shed the holiday excess- don’t dare get on the scales, probably the 6lbs I lost before will have gone back on, seeing as how I didn’t stick to keto while I was away!
    Hope Monday is okay for everyone!

Morning All..
    It has been raining all night but it’s stopped now.. we have had breakfast and taking boy out for last forest walk soon.. just a bit of food packing jars, cereal which is in high places needs to be put in a box on the floor..

Hedgehog..
    The ticks were small.. his eye looks a lot better now.. sulky boy as things are happening this morning they are funny..

I have definitely put a bit on.. I really need to be strong when back home..getting a porky middle 😂

You will soon move the weight..

Have a good day..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 22,001 through 22,050 (of 35,395 total)

You must be logged in to reply.