Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,891 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,751 through 21,800 (of 35,377 total)

• Mmmm…..lemon drizzle cake….or coffee and walnut….

No nothing with coffee in it,it’s ok to drink but not in cake or chocolate.

Lemon drizzle or coconut…..I am with you Dave coffee to drink not in cakes or chocolate.😝

Boring scones!…

Looking forward to not setting an alarm in the morning and not having to work! Thats 6 days in a row, luckily not full days!

Had a good FD yesterday and the scales finally showed a loss of that final pound off the stone although it will probably have gone back on again by tomorrow!! 😂

I walked Billy this afternoon and we managed a bit further! He’s funny, when I tried to extend the loop, he just stands there solid and wont budge..lol…I need to take him somewhere he doesnt know, but he might refuse to budge at all!

Dave, well done! Excellent result after 2 weeks. It does work! I lost about 6lbs in the first week, virtually nothing in the 2nd week and then a further 2lbs in the 3rd week. I do think it depends on your carb intake too though.
    What are you going to do between now and your holiday? Are you going to revert back to 5:2?

HH, thats unlike you, giving in to carbs, but who can resist a broken biscuit!! Were they easter biscuits with mixed spice etc? I love those! Might have to make some 😂
    Making an easter cake…reminds me of making a simnel cake many many years ago!

Jean, hows your daughter getting on with the house move? Hope its all going to plan. Lots of hospital visits for Steve still. Its a shame as last year he was up to going out walking with you.

CW, are you travelling out and about this week? I really hope the pooch is ok.

Ive had a relaxing soak in the bath and a read of my book. I may go to bed early and read some more. Neil not due home til 11pm but he then has 2 days off.

Anyone fasting tomorrow?

Kx

Scones arent boring!! Especially with jam and clotted cream!!

And hot cross buns….

I will be doing 5-2 this week but Easter eggs will be scoffed too.I have stopped having biscuits,they only make you hungry like it says in the book.

Great hockey game, bedtime now.Cobs later😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

Morning!
    Kay- enjoy your day off, & well done with a pound off!
    If I had to choose a favourite cake it would be chocolate or carrot, I’ve got some keto recipes I’ll get round to trying one day…the Easter biscuits were just plain ones for the girls, but iced, look very pretty. I think I’m going to do a drip cake with mini eggs on for Easter, rather than a simnel cake.
    Out early with Xena again, she’s still a bit jittery, makes me nervous as well, deterrent spray ready in case we see any other dogs!! Going out with my friend & her girls at 9am too, lovely day so far, not as cold thankfully!
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning All..
    A bit of a dash to get ready and take Charlie out…he is staying with Steve while I am out…

Kay..
    Have a lazy day, well done on a pound off all going in the right direction…I would try a different route for Billy, it confuses Charlie and slows him down…

Katie is walking through the house at 2 pm today ( making sure it’s clean and all the things left are there, garden tidy) then they sign at 3 pm and get the keys…moving men at arriving at 9 am tomorrow, all in her hands as Johnny has a big meeting tomorrow….her street is a big circle and has a closed fb site which she has joined..the welcome she has received is unbelievable, a welcoming hour is being organised on a ‘drive’ gathering with drinks, apparently they do this regularly, they are already have been invited to meet everyone.

Dave..
    Cobs..well deserved..

Hedgehog..
    All your baking sounds lovely…enjoy your outing with the Xena and your friend and co..

Must go..

Jean x

Hi all
    Congratulations, Dave – brilliant result and well deserved for all your hard work! I only lost a couple of pounds, but I didn’t really avoid carbs, and I think was much less strict about it than you. You really did it thoroughly and put the efforrt in.

I’m with you on coffee – drink it by the bucket but don’t put it in cake!

Kay – had a lazy morning, too. Watched a house-build programme in my pyjamas before walking the dog. Now down at the office for a 3 hour dash to get stuff done before I become parent/companion to a 9 year old who needs kept off gadgets!

Jean – Katy’s street sounds brilliant. I was thinking last night that I barely know one of my neighbours.

Right – 10mins before first meeting…just time to add finishing touches to a document and send to print.

Have a good day everyone.
    Mx

Hello

Off on my travels again to London today.

Did my scheduled ‘run’ yesterday so that’s 2 weeks if the programme done. Next one tomorrow doubles the amount of running. Admittedly only 90 seconds to 3 mins but 3 mins seems like a long time.

I agree with the majority – coffee for drinking best, I’m not a fan on coffee cake. I’m not a fan of Vic sponge either and even though I’ve made 100s of cakes I’m never happy with vic sponge. Favourite to make is chocolate but favourite to eat probably lemon drizzle or ginger. I do enjoy scones but only freshly made that day. I can always tell if they are a day old or frozen.

Congratulations Dave – well deserved and I’m sure you won’t put it all back on during hols. Well done to to kay,Minols and Jean – all going in the right direction.

Woof seems a bit brighter today and gone to work with his dad. Not sure what’s been the trouble, he just seemed under the weather and wanted to sleep. Hasn’t played with his toys at all.

Excited to hear today all the family home for Easter so 8 for Sunday dinner. Already planning the menu.

Make good choices

CW

Cakey- lovely for you to have the girls home for Easter, enjoy cooking! Glad woof is doing better, safe journeys…
    Minols- hope you get your work done okay…are you not minister for the area you live in? I’d have thought everyone would know you & harass you for help?
    Jean- hope Charlie is good for Steve, & hope daughter’s move goes well- sounds like a lovely place to live. Get well soon wishes to your grandson…
    Kay- hope your lazy day has been good!
    Dave- enjoy the cobs! And anything else you eat!
    Had a difficult morning with my friend- her elder autistic girl is going through another bad phase, she’d been doing so well but had chicken pox, an operation & then emergency admission for tonsillitis, it’s traumatised her & she’s back in her own world & very aggressive again 😞 Hard to know how to help, I happily watch her for short spells but no-one can really do anything with her when she’s like this. Have never seen my friend so upset & she’s been through some difficult times…

Hi All..

I have had a lovely 5 hours with daughter a good chatty day, lunch out a bit naughty..special times…Charlie thought I had been gone weeks he went barmy when I got back..rather sweet..

Grandson out of hospital, he has been told his day four to day eight will be his worse painful days..poor lad..he is sleepy tonight…apparently a perfect patient..

Minols..
    Katie is getting her key in the next hour..all excited..checked out of hotel….all in sleeping bags on the floor tonight in her new house…furniture coming in the morning…her street sounds very welcoming..

Hope you keep the boy busy..the gadgets always get in the way…well done on your 2 lbs off that’s great…

Cakey..
    Hope you are back from London…all excited to have the nest full on Sunday, have a great get together…nice the woofs feeling better, hope the toys are soon out….Charlie’s on top form and good 🤞

Hedgehog..
    Looks like your friend is going through it..your help is definitely needed..it’s hard to know how to help..thanks for grandsons wishes…

Jean x

Been really hungry & not had much willpower tonight…still keto but more eaten than I should need! I hope I’ll be stronger tomorrow, fasting again!

Morning all! Fasting today, but not black coffee, couldn’t face it after walking Xena at 6am!
    Have a good day everyone!

HI all
    Eating more normally this week after all the TRE and not eating before 3pm. Just feel like I need to relax – not go crazy, but just ease off a bit. But the bikes are out again, so hopefully a bit more exercise built in to just getting around.

HH – so glad you’re there for your friend. I often wonder how people cope when there is an on-going situation that can’t ever be completely resolves, but still has times of great joy in it. When things go bad, it must be hard to remember/believe that those joys can come back. IT’s hard to be the friend who can’t fix things (we do like a good ‘fix’, don’t we) but who stays close through it all. Patience and kindness…the first to attributes of love, I guess, for a reason. keep doing what you’re doing.

CW – you’re at the ‘tough but good’ transition in Coach to 5 K if I remember rightly from last year…crack this and there’ll be no stopping you!

HH – known by lots – especially Primary School kids – but never like to assume people want to be known by me! And I’m dreading when my job becomes an issue for the boy…all good so far, though.

Good luck if you’re fasting.
    Mx

Morning All…
    Looking good outside…

Last appointment for a while…4 year check up on knees..I think a bit of waste of time, they never listen or do anything…poor Charlie will be on his own for 3 hours or slightly more, I don’t like that…we will give him a good walk and boisterous play before we go….

Hedgehog..
    Hope your day goes without too many hunger pangs…you are doing a few on the trot …still 800?

Fasting for us tomorrow..a difficult Easter weekend with eggs and birthday meal and a buffet..try and pull back a bit some how..I will feel very old on Sunday…….I will feel I have to use my extra time wisely, healthy and enjoy every minute..😀

Minols..
    See you sailing through your Parish on your bike flowing in the wind…always makes me giggle..you will be probably nothing like that….daughters in her house, sleeping on the floor…waiting for the removal men this morning…the children seem excited…

Have a good day everyone..

Jean x

Fast day today, the countdown is on for hols,two weeks tomorrow.I will definitely put back all I lost with interest in Lanzarote.Not getting weighed now until I get home from holiday,I will still be doing 5-2 until I go though.HH hope the weather is good in your part of the country, don’t want to travel 250 miles for it to rain.Speedway tomorrow and good Friday,then ice hockey in Sheffield on Saturday.Next speedway at 12pm then travel to Wolverhampton for return meeting at 7-30 on Easter Monday.

Minols- thanks…I definitely like to fix but was told a long time ago from someone wise that listening is all alot of people need. Doesn’t seem enough! Enjoy the bike & hope your son never has a problem with what yiu do- anyway, one of the joys of being a parent is embarassing the children! 😉
    Jean- I’m sure Charlie will be fine if he’s had a good run around- we still leave Xena in her crate when we’re out so it’s a bit different, I guess Charlie has the downstairs? (I’ve not done 800 cals on FDs, usually keep to liquid) Hope your daughter’s furniture gets moved in safely!
    Dave- forecast is great, bring sun hat & shorts!! Sounds like you’ve got lots planned with all the sport, is Denise pleased to get you out the house?!
    Haven’t been great this FD; picked a bit when I made another batch of nut & seed bar things for son, too tempting!
    Window cleaner has been so have done some of the insides- Xena barked at him the whole time he was here & now keeps barking at any little noise!

Only two cups of tea so far.Not sure what I am having to eat later, probably bacon and eggs, tomatoes.I have been trying to break in my Birkenstock sandals but they cut my toe so will have to stick to crocks until I break them in.

Afternoon All..
    A lovely senior orthopaedic nurse practitioner …the most sense we have had out of anyone in ages, she was lovely, given us room for thought in a few directions…we go back in two years…

Charlie in the end was 3 1/2 hours, too long for my liking but couldn’t be helped..a good boy he possibly slept most of the time, his bed and pillow looks all squashed up…he has the full run of the house..

Dave..
    Holiday to look forward too….lots of sport too….I hate breaking shoes in, I always say good puddle stomping in the rain helps a lot..😂…not good for shoes but good on the feet..

Hedgehog..
    I have sent daughter wishes but she will be too busy to talk today…hoping everything gets there unbroken…especially her lovely grandad clock…your seed bar things sound rather nice…

Well walk time yet again, finish my cuppa on my own with Charlie this time…

Jean x

Got my Birkenstock sandals on, will take Heidi out in them and see if I get cut toes.I have put a couple of holes in the strap at the back so hopefully it will make a difference.Got one compeed plaster left if needed.Still going strong on FD.Heidi enjoyed her first walk,she met three of her friends 😁.

Evening!
    Jean- good appt. then, I think nurse practitioners can be better than doctors sometimes!
    Dave- hope the sandals don’t hurt too much…well done still fasting!
    Busy afternoon, lots of cleaning done, didn’t take my mind off empty stomach! Not too bad now, but have been so hungry again today- last week was much easier, so strange!

Hello

Just popping in to see some friendly faces. Tricky day at work and I don’t do conflict at all. I keep replaying the conversation over in my head questionning if I over reacted and should I apologise. I wish I could just park it and move on.

I went for my run after work but the woof didn’t want to cooperate. I seemed to coincide when everyone was out with their dogs and every time he saw one he crouched down submissively. Rather hard to run when he does that. Also forgot to put my sports bra on (sorry Dave) so kept stopping every few mins to adjust straps. I managed the run, of sorts, but it was a tad difficult.

One more day to get through then 4 lovely days off.

Sorry for glumness, having one of those days.

CW

Plenty of friends here 😁👍.Late night tonight, probably 3am and I imagine it will be around that time tomorrow when I get back from Ipswich,got to take my mate home before I get home, possibly two of them.

Hey guys! I am a geeky nerd who would love to find an accountability buddy from UK:)
    I am doing VLCD to prolong life, shed couple of pounds and live live happily

Morning all!
    Cakey- poir you, not your day, I’m the same with conflict…hope you managed to sleep okay! Shame the woif doesn’t like running!
    Dave- long day for you…weather’s lovely now, but it was pretty foggy last night, it’ll be dry though!
    Wondered about trying the 800cals for a couple of weeks- as you did so well with it Dave! Looked up my lists of food- still got written down when I tried it a couple of years ago! Couldn’t eat that with keto though, I had lots of grapefruit, & pulses, would have to work out what I could eat…& no peanut butter! 😱 Will have a think next week…
    Seeing my Homestart family later.

Glad to hear the weather is good,I like all fruit apart from grapefruit,and oddly enough it’s the one fruit I am not allowed to eat, because of my heart meds and also it’s very bad if you have arthritis.I may try a week on 800 and a week on 5-2 when I get back from holidays.Its going to be 18°C here in Manchester and cloudy with 17°C in Ipswich according to Alexa.I leave in 3.5 hours so will take Heidi out before I go.

Homestart family cancelled- poor mum is in hospital. So have just spent a little while checking out calories & carbs in foods I like, I think I could combine keto & 800cals for a couple of weeks, I might try it next week!
    Dave- hope you have a good journey!

HI all – trying a normal FD today. Going to get ribs to keep the boys happy. Not sure what I’ll have – maybe porridge! Love a bit of gruel!

CW – really hope today is better, so you can go into the holidays with the conflict thing out of sight even from the rear view mirror.

Mx

I just checked what Minol means,it’s TNT,so are you an explosive character 😁.Used in depth charges during the war.Two hours to coach trip.

Morning All..
    A beautiful morning …a lovely extended walk for Charlie..his heel training is really paying off…

Fasting day for us…a bit of cleaning and gardening..going out for some shopping…sister is staying with us over Easter, maybe make a cake…

Dave..
    Hope your feet last in the sandals…don’t forget puddle stomping!

Cakey..
    Hope you feel better with yourself…I don’t like confrontations either…I have a girl who passes me running with two dogs tied around her waist…one is more difficult, that one gets left at home sometimes..

Hedgehog..
    Hope your HS mum some gets better….it’s tempting the 800 but Steve won’t do it…hope you get a thoughtful list together..

Minols..
    Have a good day..hope the ribs turn out well…

Cuppa to finish then shopping…

Jean x

Just set off, sandals cut my big toe😖,no puddle stomping,sandals are cork so not advisable.

Shame Dave…it works for leather…..
    X

I’m in Yorkshire now Jean, Sheffield on the M1

Dave….
    Hope you have a Yorkshire passport…enjoy the game..
    X

It’s a long drive this,glad I am not driving.About another 15 miles to go.

Dave- hope the speedway’s worth it!
    Minols- keep strong, hope you’ve resisted the boys’ food!
    Cakey- hope your day at work has been better, a lovely weekend with the family to look forward to!
    Jean- when’s your sister coming? Hope you get on okay & all goes to plan! How’s the grandson- must be very sore? And is daughter’s move going okay?
    Kay- hope you have a break over Easter?
    Busy afternoon cooking- tried a new keto cookie recipe, wasn’t as good as the recipe pic looked! Made koftas for the boys & quiche for hubby, played lots with Xena & popped in for a cuppa with mum. Now cuddling Xena in front of the TV…

We got slaughtered by the Witches.Probably get home around 4am
    🎏😴😴😴

Just stopped at Peterborough service station, virtually closed,waste of time.

Morning all!
    Dave- oh dear, sorry about that pasting! Hope you get a good lie-in!
    Hope everyone has a restful day off. Church later, & then nothing else planned…lovely weather for today, at least Xena can be in the garden.

Hh – hope she stays out of the vegetable patch!

CW

Morning All..
    Lovely day for us all…

Friends have just rang and reinstated lunch which had been cancelled…not really amused as I have loads to do..with Charlie’s walks I seem to loose a lot of time…and it’s leaving him yet again…

Steve list 1 lb and me the same…he is walking more which is helping him…I move loads anyway so it’s not helping me ☹️

Hedgehog..
    Sister coming Saturday till Monday…I needed to do baking and more housework..grandsons very sore but eating ish…daughter has mountains of boxes, I didn’t speak yesterday…just photos…are you up for a bit extra baking?..please…😀

Everybody enjoy the Easter break…and eggs 😂..

Jean x

Cakey- we have successfully Xena-proofed the veg patch now, so my yummy brocolli is safe!
    Jean- I’d love to help you with the baking! Hope your lunch is good. Well done to Steve losing a pound, at least you didn’t gain…you probably will over the weekend!!
    Decided to give fasting a go today- resisted the hot cross buns at Church!

Bliss- hubby has gone to help a neighbour with a job, boys are both at work; Xena & I are having some girls time together…so peaceful!

Not as bad coming home from Ipswich,only four and a half hours.Got up early to do shopping then went to speedway.Won easily today.Got to go to my daughter’s to take Easter eggs now.Georgeous day here sat out in the sun at speedway,no coat needed.

Afternoon All..
    Very hot here but a slight breeze on Charlie’s walk…very welcome…cut some brambles down going across a gate, through a field, looks much better and kinder on the legs😂…shorts are out first airing for me, Steve’s had his on a few days now…

Meal went well and lovely catchup with our friends….we are having 4 days off over the weekend, then must try harder…some summer trousers are out, they fit but snug…I definitely need the 7 lbs off…goodness on the rest of the clothes…

Hedgehog..have some lovely girl time…shhh all quiet..

Dave..have a nice catch-up with daughter…

Jean x

Claire is coming round tomorrow,hope I am in, need my Yorkshire passport again tomorrow, going to Sheffield arena.If Denise was coming we could have called in at meadowhall.I am very thirsty today, would love an ice cold pint but not going to happen.Denise won’t let me have an egg until Sunday 🤐🤐🤐,so will have an apple.

Morning All…
    Beautiful day..

I am very excited and a bit apprehensive…Birthday present…I am going to Houston to see my daughter on Wednesday, for a week, Steve staying behind with Charlie as he can’t travel abroad this year…it’s a long time since I travelled alone and it can be quite computer wise now at airports, into America it’s finger prints and eye photos at different machines.

Argument is going on now who is paying for the ticket…Daughter or Steve!…

Sister coming later this morning leaving us Monday after grandsons party…leaves me one day to pack…

My birthday meal this evening..birthday tomorrow .

Dave enjoy Sheffield..take your sun screen….

Have a lovely Bank holiday.

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 21,751 through 21,800 (of 35,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply.