Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,828 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 10 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,401 through 21,450 (of 35,313 total)

• Afternoon All
    Rain is off and on…supposed to be heavy but not….we just had a walk along a public footpath through the woods…no one about so we let him off his lead…although notices said to keep dogs on lead…if there were nesting birds I would have kept him on his lead…

We are having a stand off on food at the moment..nothing eaten today as yet…he’s fast asleep growling another dog nicked his ball this morning..he wasn’t pleased maybe it’s that…

Turkey dinner tonight, a crown left from Xmas…looking forward to it..

Jean x

All the stairs walls painted, will do the woodwork tomorrow, will put up new lamp shades and add smart bulbs.Denise is cracking the whip😲. Bathroom next then bedrooms 😩🤯.

Charlie stand off..Jean 1. Charlie 0…..he lasted all day till 6pm, he ate all his dinner.we made a fuss of him and gave him some treats…

Dave you are working opposite way to me..my upstairs and staircase done..I am now down stairs hopefully doing some next week..

Lovely dinner a bit stuffed now…

X

I am starving, nothing to eat yet, having steak and chips done in an actifry.Watching football first, City getting beat 2-0 at Swansea.

Busy day for us- forecast was bad, but it stayed dry, just windy again…walked Xena in the forest, bumped into my sis! The 2 puppies had a lovely play! Made steak & kidney pies, then out to dog training, Xena did well with the scent workshop- me slightly less so, it’s easy to miss cues sometimes that the dogs have picked up a scent..when they get more confident they’ll show you more obviously.
    Have a good evening all!

Morning All…
    Brighter morning but very cold…no rain for the next 7 days…all the floods about hope everyone is ok…I would think our river will be higher than usual it’s been high all week..we are safe though..

We are both walking this morning trying a different route…see how far we go..at the side of fields and around some fishing ponds, side of the river and back home..

We will be fasting tomorrow …anyone else?

Hedgehog….Xena is very clever to do scenting….another walk in the woods quite envious even Charlie is 😂…..a cold turkey meal for us this evening I shall enjoy that, still Steve is talking about chips too 😬😬

Dave..lovely steak and chips..did it hit the spot….

Have a good day..

Jean x

Poor Charlie got blasted with an electric shock fence of a horse field…no signs at all…he yelped out….the girl said it’s an animal field totally uninterested..

X

I asked Alexa how’s the weather,she said flood warning for Manchester,we have had heavy rain,hail stone’s and thunder is predicted.Its stopped so I will take Heidi out.

Very quiet on here today,KNOCK,KNOCK, Where are you all.

I am talking …no one is talking to me 😂

Our river so very fast flowing and burst its bank, the flood plain is full…..I did our walk then had to back track half the walk as the road was 5” deep when I got back, it would of gone over my ankles…

Turkey and chips tonight…my favourite…fasting tomorrow…

X

Roast beef tonight,got to make the Yorkshire’s.😋😋😋🤤🤤🤤

I was working this morning and this afternoon, caught up with F1 and some recorded tv.
    Neil cooking a curry for tea, so Im sitting relaxing with lovely smells wafting in from the kitchen!

Fasting tomorrow too Jean! I was half pound up on a week of no fasting, so fairly happy with that, but now to focus on the next couple of pounds to get to next target.

I dont think the weathers getting any better here any time soon. Weve had some brutal hail showers today and more rain forecast for tomorrow!

Evening everyone,

Just a quick note, nearly time for bed.

I’ve kept up with posts, but struggling to get back into the habit of daily posting. Not really fasted properly, but trying to keep low a couple of times a week. Lost 4lb since the 1st, so happy with that and expect it will slow down now after the initial loss. Hannah and I are doing veggie lent (and no treats), so trying some different meals. Not come across anything yet we haven’t liked, but not been too adventurous.

Hope everyone is doing well. Bed is calling, speak soon.

Take care

Lynne x

Morning all!
    Lynee- good that keeping low is working for now, enjoy being veggie!
    Kay- sounds like you did well last week, only a teeny bit up, hope your curry was good, & you can get back into the swing of it this week!
    Jean- poor Charlie with the electric fence, there’s some free range piggies round here so I keep Xena on a lead near their electric fences. My sister’s older dog ran into one once, she made the most horrendous noise! Hope the floods go down quickly…
    Dave- was the roast beef good?
    Cakey- hope you have a good holiday!
    Gerry- hope you’ve had a good weekend, any news on the job yet?
    Had an early long walk with Xena yesterday, I love going out early but hubby ususally likes to come & he doesn’t get up til late! Mum came in the afternoon after Church to play some games again before dinner, did some more scent work with Xena to tire her out so she was very good!
    Fasting today, so joining Jean, Steve & Kay, anyone else? Have to go food shopping today 😢. Only black coffee at the moment…

Morning All…
    The river is really high I won’t get across the road to the river bank, so a different route this morning..I will have to be careful with the pup and definitely a lead morning…

We are fasting….cold turkey and cranberry sauce for tonight, I will look forward to that…

Kay..
    Half a pound isn’t too bad…lovely to have your curry meal cooked for you…Steve used to cook but now retired he says I am much quicker..a get out clause I think!

Dave..
    Hoping the roast beef was good yesterday..

Lynne..
    Well done on your 4 lbs off, if cutting back is moving the weight start 5.2 when you stall…maybe the veggie meals are making the difference..

Hedgehog..
    We were chatting to the owner of the field, Charlie was on his lead..she said is it ok to let my dog out of the car..Charlie went to say hello and he was zapped…no notices..it didn’t look like electric fence, a thick wire at the top and a thick middle wire…a good job it wasn’t a small child or even me, I tend to pat horses when I am on my own..

Enjoy your shopping day..

Getting started painting or preparing today, some filling and washing wood work down..see how I go it will be slow going, between walks…small loo first tight and fiddly..

Have a good fast day..

Jean x

Hi all
    Feeling hungry today, but trying to remember how to be determined!
    The last 2 weeks have been ridiculously busy in a not very enjoyable way. Glad to have a bit of a quieter week…but mustn’t slack else things will be on top of me again!
    Well done, Lynne on a good weight loss.
    I’m impressed by the home re-furn, Dave! I only managed a thorough tidying of upstairs…but I love how it feels to have even just one bit of home tidy and sorted – long may it last!
    Monday is a long day for the whole family, but I’ll need to be home earlier than the boys because I’m trying a fish recipe from Hairy Bikers tonight, and hope to make a butternut/apple soup that will see us through the week, and also a mince dish for tomorrow when there is absolutely no time for food prep. The only time I have good food/weight weeks are when I plan and prepare…and that’s tonight!
    Good luck if anyone else is fasting today, too.
    Mx

The stairs light at the top is broke,the fitting needs replacing so ordered one and it coming today.I will have to turn off the electricity and replace it.Fast day today and gym day too.No rain at the moment so will take Heidi out.

Very hungry now 🤯🤯🤯but will resist until later😖

Minols- hope all your organisation pays off…have a good fd & enjoy the quieter week!
    Jean- happy decorating, still putting ours off…
    Dave-I’ll have a look, but one of the good things about keto is that it does help with the fat inside, around the organs, too. Have been lots of people who’ve had fatty liver improved lots with keto…hope you get time to do everything today!
    Rushed about this morning to get back to take son to work as his car needs to be fitted with the black box, but the chap was early, so needn’t have rushed! Eldest son needs to cut back on sugar now- he gets terrible spots still, but has been on antibiotics for a bit to calm it, that’s finished now so he’ll need to be careful. Bought him some low sugar chocolate & biscuits.

Still waiting for Amazon to deliver, hopefully before we go to the gym.Denise is having her lunch sat next to me 🤪😵😷.

Afternoon All…
    All fasting going well helped that we were both busy in different directions…Charlie had his naughty playful head on bored as we were busy…

I have filled and washed down ..two ceilings painted..my wall paint had gone off, so popped to B & Q and bought some to start in the morning….

Daughter rang from Louisiana she’s looking at houses in Houston so a long call, I think she’s looked at 17 houses over three days, checking on parks, play areas and golf course….she has it down to one area now, the family have seen a lovely house they all like, not quite there on a few things but still on the list.

Our river had gone down when I went out on our walk still very high and fast flowing but better than yesterday..

Having a brew then walk time…looking forward to eating later…

Minols..
    Hope a quieter time for you..enjoy your new fish recipe tonight and your unusual soup..

Dave..
    Has your light fitting arrived and fitted..

Hedgehog…
    I had a bout of spots when I was about 35..my doctor said it was nothing to do with not eating veggies or eating to much chocolate, ( sick of people going on at me at that time) it’s all down to hormones…I have bought some spot cleanser from Wilko’s recently it’s cheap but very good I will see what it’s called.

Hope the black box has got fitted..

Jean x

Light fitting and everything I need arrived, been to gym, just got home so will do it after a nice cuppa.Not had anything to eat so going strong.

All finished eating now just having a cuppa…pup walk completed…settling down for the night…

Wall painting tomorrow…seaside Wednesday for the pup…..glossing Thursday…..if plan goes ahead …

Jean x

Wiring done got to wait for internet to come back on then I can setup the lights. Will have smartbulbs in every room except kitchen and bathroom.Still no food but I could eat an horse now.

Dave- you’ve done well getting all done & fasting…you’re very good with all the tech stuff, would be my idea of a nightmare!! Go to tesco if you want horsemeat! 😂
    Jean- hope Charlie behaves with all the decorating, can’t face thinking about that until Xena’s older!
    I’ve been pretty hungry too today- nearly lost it over the ironing, I was really close to chucking the lot- don’t normally get like that!
    Invited Mum for a cuppa as she had nothing on today, then found out she’d texted poor sis at 7.50am (on her day off!) to ask if they could have a walk or game together! Lovely 2nd walk with Xena; she’s 8 months now so can walk 40 mins twice a day, that’s a decent amount! Lots of games too, so she’s asleep on my lap now while I guzzle diet coke!

I had horsemeat in Belgium,looks like roast beef but didn’t taste as good.Lights wired up.i just said Alexa turn on bedroom, Alexa turn on stairs, working perfectly 😁.Next job I have bought a WiFi camera so got to set that up with Alexa next.Had food so all done until my cobs from Sainsbury’s tomorrow.

Morning All..
    It’s a dull dry morning…
    I enjoyed my breakfast I was ready for it…..Steve’s taking the pup so I can push on with the wall painting…hope he’s a good boy for him. Steve took him out training on a short lead yesterday he said he wasn’t good..I took him the day before and he was really good only a couple of pulling do’s…??

Hedgehog..
    It isn’t easy decorating ( me as spotty as him) and fitting walking in, everything upside down…Charlie wanting to play and attention..

Xena is growing up 8 months that’s past quick..I do 40 mins to 60 mins walk twice a day, sometimes we go out extra for playtime to a field…or it’s mad time in the poor garden, it’s a mess hope the grass grows soon..😂..poor mum is confused it must be hard…

Dave..
    Hope your lights are flashing correctly….enjoy your cobs today..

Jean x

Morning all (only just!)
    Up early with Xena, she was pretty lively this morning, lots of games, a good walk, boys in & out so now she’s worn out, dog training in half an hour…
    Hope the decorating goes well Jean! What did you do to stop Charlie pulling? Xena was doing well, but has got worse again, I stop every time still, or turn around, I guess she’s still young & going to get excited!
    Dave- enjoy the cobs & commanding your lights!

HI all
    Back to a strict week. yesterday survived well and the fish with a chorizo and parmesan crumb was devine! Even the boy loved it and he absolutely hates it when I experiment on Mondays – doesn’t much like ti any day of the week, but now recognises what I always tellhim…he’s grumpy when he’s tired and hungry, so he demands food he loves on a Monday because he’s not home until 6pm…he wants to eat and feel better quickly!

Didn’t get the soup made last night, but did get the dinner done for tonight. Tempted to go home soon and have the wee dish of meet and kumara that didn’t fit in the family dish! Probably should try and last out – or at least just make myself some porridge here and crack on with work!

What I ‘remembered’ yesterday was that this is do-able if I can get past the harsh hunger of lunchtime…but that it is really really hard once I start eating to stop, so I need to start eating as late as possible!

maybe it’s time for another coffee…

BTW – Jean…I was thinking of your comment about ‘filling’ and painting and discovering your paint had gone off. This morning I decided to put on a more ‘determined’ make up instead of just tinted moisturiser…it ‘filled’ really well as I painted it on my lined and cracked features…but then started to blotch and peel! I think my make-up is like your paint – gone off. Perhaps I need a trip to B&Q, too!

Mx

Minols- 😂😂! Well done with the eating & organisation, the fish sounds yummy- from a vegatarian! I’m not good at knowing when to stop eating either…
    Xena did much better at dog training, & Nick helped by ignoring her more! Off to hoover the car out, it’s in for a service at the garage I bought it from, so don’t want them being appalled at the dog hair & dirt!!

All lights working properly,my back aches from yesterday so no energy for decorating.Will wash the woodwork down and maybe do some later.Cobs were delicious 😋😋😋. Just been out with Heidi,she is slow now and deaf I think,old age☹️😭.

Afternoon All..
    The pup was very good with Steve this morning..he caught up with all my new friends and dogs 😂

Painting has gone well, just one small wall which is a change of colour, I will do that Thursday when I will finish the glossing…

Seaside for us tomorrow Charlie may have an ice cream treat…see what he thinks of the beach…must look at tide times..😱

Hedgehog…
    To stop the pulling I bought a Halti harness ( clip on the front and a clip on the back) and a double clip lead. I didn’t buy the nose band…that’s the forth lead we now have 😂..seems to be a lot better but we need practice with it..I will let you know if it works…a bit of training in town and a cafe stop with him..he enjoyed the last two mouthfuls 😂

The spot stuff for your son…Wilco own make..’Spotless’ skincare..daily exfoliating wash, purple writing..gets to work in 1 minute…clears and dries spots up in 2 or 3 days..about £2…there are two in the range both complement each other, I only have this one…hope it works….I sometimes get those white hard spots, blocked pores, this shifts them..

Minols..
    A sort out of makeup is needed 😂…still I use mine till it’s gone, all the writing is usually rubbed off and I haven’t a clue what it is 😂 years old…

Dave..
    Good luck on the stair case..I must admit I am tired today…lots of cramped corners, pipes behind the loo..but it’s looking good quite pleased…

Jean x

The Halti is what Heidi hated,she would lie on her back and try to take it off, very embarrassing with people looking at her😟.Not done anything yet feeling very lazy 😖. Bought tickets for speedway on 30th April and paid for coach trip to Peterborough for speedway on April 1st.Trips to Swindon, Ipswich and Wolverhampton in the pipeline.

Paintwork clean ready for painting,at gym again tomorrow so will see how I feel after it.May try a fast day tomorrow too.

Dave-haven’t read this article, read the 1st one, it was bulcum!! The chap had much lower blood sugar & insulin levels, but for some reason thinks it’s likeky to make you prone to diabetes!
    Anyone watching the Save Money Lose Weight programme? The lady trying the keto diet lost 3 stone in 4 weeks! They haven’t tried 5:2.
    Fasting tomorrow, anyone else?

I will try another fast tomorrow,I watched the program on ITV,The above link I think they lost a massive amount.Maybe worth a look keto😁, generally on most diets I don’t like half the foods.

The programme was very good the Keto diet came out well.. it’s not for me..still any diet works if you can go long term..

5.2 suits me, loosing or maintaining..everyone eats differently meat or veggie or Keto..

Off to seaside tomorrow.. what will the pup think?.. maybe a sneaky ice cream.

Night night

Jean x

Morning All..

Beautiful day..sunny blue skies..

We are off to Seaside …..after walk…all packed, with ball and towel 😂

Have a good day fasters…we fasting tomorrow ….

Speak later…

Jean x

Jean, hope all 3 of you enjoy the seaside 😁

I spent hours spring cleaning upstairs yesterday, today I need to continue, but have yet to start as Im tired after not enough sleep! Maybe just a couple of hours today!

Doing well on fasting/low eating days and keeping busy. NFD today and fasting tomorrow.

Minols, your post made me chuckle!

Lynne, any progress with your Wednesdays part time working, at home?

Dave, hope the exercise class goes ok. Is Denise joining you today? What happened about the diet class?

HH, what are you doing different with Zena if she was doing well previously? Maybe she is having a puppy/child stroppy phase 🤣

Right, another coffee, then I’ll start!

Kx

Morning all!
    Kay- well done with the spring cleaning! I should do, but with mucky teenage boys & the dog, doesn’t seem much point! Xena did better on the lead when we changed her from harness to collar, but she’s getting used to it now, so is pulling again…
    Jean- have a lovely day! Wonder if Charlie will like the sea? Xena won’t go in, maybe in the summer I’ll go in & see if she’ll come with me, Josie liked to come in swimming with us!
    Dave- you can eat fatty meat on keto- do you like that? I eat lots of cheese 😁😁😁, but you don’t like it! You’d miss your cobs though…😱
    Xena walked at 7am, car’s gone in, already had a phone call with a few things that need doing 😢, so an expensive morning! Bought some new walking boots in town, posh chocolate for Mum’s mothers day present, seed potatoes, lettuce seeds & the spot cream- thank you Jean! Fasting going okay, but couldn’t face black coffee so had one keto one…

Afternoon All…
    Absolutely shattered…😂..2 1/2 hours on the beach, running he had his scatty head on, it unnerves me…he was frightened of the sea …how do you find mud!! 8” up 4 legs looked like wellingtons!…the boy had to go in the sea to be washed off he was not impressed neither was I balancing on the groins! ( he climbed up the cliff…)

We had chips and an ice cream each….not a lot open yet so no coffee…

Kay..
    Spring cleaning early, get it out the way…with decorating I did before Christmas I am all done..working down here now…painting tomorrow the wood work and one small wall…and 5 picture frames to tidy them up…

Hedgehog..
    I will need another pair of walkers for the winter when weather gets bad…I hate taking the car for service you never know the out come…hope the spot stuff works, I did it night and morning but maybe once a day to start with as it does dry them up..I would be interested if it works as we have grandchildren who will soon be going through that stage…good luck on the seed growing….

We are fasting tomorrow..

Jean x

Denise ducked out today,her knees are both swollen.I am shattered,hips aching 😩I will have to look what I could eat on keto.The diet class started on Monday but I would miss parts right in the middle of it when I go to Lanzarote.So not bothering.I got exercise leaflet from Ruby the instructor,she said do these at home😖😖😖.All I have had to eat up to now is two cherry tomatoes🍅🍅.

Just checked what food i could eat on the Keto diet,i would be dead within a week.I dont like many foods but virtually all the food i cant have on keto is what i do have.So no chance of me ever doing it.Very hungry now.

Evening!
    Dave- I thought that might be the case for you & keto! Hope you can put your feet up tonight, & hope that Denise’s knees get better soon…
    Jean- sounds like a fun day!! Poor Charlie, being washed in the sea!
    Xena’s shattered now, 2 walks (worked hard on lead training, sausage treats made a difference!), scent training & games…also bought some hearts & cooked those for her, she was very excited at that! Only gave her a tiny bit in case it upsets her. Collected car, hubby came in & said how surprised we were at the things that needed doing, especially as it’s been serviced from new by them, including just before we bought it, only done 5,000 miles in it in a year- the chap went very quiet & looked up their service records, & kindly said they’d pay for all the extra jobs, £230! So not as expensive as we thought!
    Not had food, another liquid fast for me.

Fruit time now apple and an orange.Have them every day,not keen on greens though,so I could never be a vegetarian 😁

Jean I see what you mean about Charlie’s legs😁😁😁

Morning all!
    Not had much sleep- Xena woke barking at 1am & wouldn’t settle back to sleep, hubby got up with her but she was still unsettled, very spooked by something outside…took me ages to get back to sleep, he slept on the sofa! I think it was a full moon?!
    Have lost a pound so far this week, that’s something! Seeing my HS family.

Morning All…
    A dull day…

We are fasting today..we are both busy..I am painting a small wall and woodwork…second coat on the woodwork tomorrow…Steve sold his motorbike, so a wipe around and polish it, the top box needs to go back on as the guy wants it…he is sorry to see it go but he still has his old one to play with….

Dave..
    Hope you both feel easier this morning…and Denise’s knees are more comfortable..

Hedgehog..
    Good news on the car service…I have relented, I am putting a tablespoon of white fish on his kibble, bought a bag of frozen….or turkey the other day…it’s making all the difference ..I will cook some chicken for tonight for him….he can’t have offel…..looking good on the scales for you, I have not been on yet this week…..hoping Xena is more settled something has freaked her….

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 21,401 through 21,450 (of 35,313 total)

You must be logged in to reply.