Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 day ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 21,301 through 21,350 (of 35,390 total)

• Jean- sounds like Charlie’s doing really well, lots of back up training with mummy at home then! Hope tonight goes well. Xena doesn’t like having her harness on, sometimes it takes 2 of us,treats once she’s in it, although now we have a better fitting collar it’s easier just to use that, she pulls less.
    I’m not good with computers, very bad at them, so it’s a struggle!
    Kay- good that you’re sticking with the 800 cals again this week, easy to get lazy with it! Enjoy pottering….
    Dave- hope Heidi perks up & you enjoy the gym.
    Aglow/ Gerry- field trip sounds like it’ll keep you busy, hope the weather’s okay for you! Stay strong!
    Managed with black coffee today so far! Doctors list all sorted, pages worth of it! We took Xena for a longer walk than we should really, so she behaved later!
    FD’s gone quite quickly!

Keeping out hubby’s way- he didn’t fancy what I was going to cook so doing himself a fry-up…he gets all stressed & grumpy in the kitchen, lol!

Hi Kay. Thanks for the welcome. How is you’re fast going today? I hope you’re doing ok.

Jean – I’m a lecturer at Sheffield Uni, but my contract ends in July, so I’m currently looking for work. There’s a position going at Lancaster Uni that I’m writing my application for atm. Is your daughter head of a junior or high school? I don’t envy anyone in that job. I bet it’s tough!

Hedgehog – the fieldwork trip went well, thanks. Well I didn’t lose any students anyway 😉 ! Unfortunately the weather in Sheffield was horrid and I got absolutely soaked by a huge downpour as soon as I got off the train. I spent all afternoon with a soggy foot! Your comment about your hubby made me smile – I hope he doesn’t get to grumpy!

Update on my first B2B FDs: things are going well. I really wasn’t sure I’d be able to do it, but I’ve felt great all day. My food is cooking in the oven as I type and I reckon I’m on for around 600 cals today. Thanks so much for your support. I hope you’re all doing well.

Evening everyone

Pancakes were lovely yesterday, and not too much damage done.

First day of veggie today, some sweet potato burgers which were quite nice. Hardest thing is remembering not to eat meat.

Everyone seems to be doing well, a great time of year to shed some pounds with a chance that the weather will improve and we can start shedding some layers.

Probably another ‘low day’ tomorrow. Omelette, easy choice and nice and quick.

I’ve managed to persuade my boss to try the ‘Wednesday off’ thing again. He doesn’t want me working long days, so has agreed I can work an extra hour each day then work 3 hrs from home on a Wednesday. Can’t wait to try it out next week.

Good luck anyone fasting tomorrow, I may be just going light, but it does seem to be doing the trick and although I don’t have an official weigh in day yet, I’m a couple of pounds lighter than this time last week.

Take care

Lynne x

Evening All…
    We are fasting tomorrow..

Class went well, we have to follow up at home. He did well but he got fed up I think he was tired..it was encroaching into his sleep time..!..I don’t know who’s more tired him or me 😂

Dave..
    Enjoy your footy and ice hockey tonight…

Hedgehog..
    You sounded a whiz kid doing your doctors lists….everyone is frowning at the harness, I quite like it but we need one in the car any way…must make the effort and do some training every day…
    Hope hubby left kitchen clean !

Gerry..
    My daughter is pre school, infant and juniors, a large school 450 pupils and 70 staff..she is enjoying it..she took over in September. A very inner city, deprived multi cultural school, sometimes more than half the class don’t speak English at 5…quite hard.

Good luck on applying to Lancaster quite exciting the change..glad your b2b has gone well, our day tomorrow..

Lynne..
    Glad all is going well..good news on getting your Wednesdays nearly off again even working from home..omelettes always a good idea on fd could be us tomorrow ..

Off to bed now..

Jean x

United won, hockey is on too late so hope to watch it tomorrow.

Morning All..
    Up early the pup taken for his walk…no breakfast for us this morning..Steve doing a hospital fast for some tests later..so it’s fit in nicely with our fast day..

Everything is happening at 12…dropping him off at the hospital, then I go to the dentist for check up and hygienist, then back to collect him…all fun!

Steve has gone to the caravan to replace the battery, he has been gone a while so I hope all is well and no problems…we are going away to Clumber Park in the caravan tomorrow until Monday, give Charlie his first holiday…it’s a part of Nottingham Forest…just for three night tester…

Dave..
    Good win for ManU..Steve really pleased..

Anyone fasting with us today??

Jean x

Good morning all, internet has been down so trying to catch up, 1st fast day on Tuesday went well and managed not to eat until tea time so total fast was 24 hours going for an other 24 hours today just having water until 6pm tonight but strugling a bit today hope everyone is well xx

Hi everyone.
    Terrible day yesterday in every way.
    Drawing a line under it.

Feeling better today. Just grabbed some soup and oatcakes before I head out again.

One of my nightmare weeks – so many places ivm supposed to be I have no quiet writing time. Have a horrible feeling I’ll be sneaking back to my desk once the household has gone to bed tonight!

Mx

Fast day for me today, feeling stiff after yesterday’s exercising.Its raining again so not doing much today.May go to Morrisons later,for food for my fast today.

Minols- hope today goes better…& you’re not catching up in the middle of the night!
    Tia- stay strong, & well done on Tuesday!
    Jean- hope Steve’s appt goes okay today.Poor Charlie, bet he doesn’t know what’s hit him, 2 lots of training in one day! Hope you all enjoy the caravan!
    Lynne- a compromise with your Weds off! Hope going light this week shows on the scales!
    Dave-glad you enjoyed the football, & how’s Heidi?
    Aglow- good luck with the job application…
    Saw my HomeStart family, we went to a baby music group, they both enjoyed it but when we left they both got hungry & tired! Xena has been a naughty girl for her daddy while I was out- she ran off to see people across the other side of the park & wouldn’t come back! She’s heading towards being a teenager…!

Heidi seems to be much better, eating ok,no runs or vometing,I have the Logic Firm ready to use but still unopened.Denise is having her lunch now,just gone to make it so that will make me feel hungry🤤🤤

I don’t know why I watch James Martin on fast days 😣not the best thing to watch.Feeling hungry now but not for anything he has cooked, will take Heidi out and then go shopping.

Hi All…

Steve’s tests today all went well so all clear on these….plenty more to have..😬

Getting hungry now but walk first…..raining yet again but the pups asleep…

It’s all go for caravan tomorrow…as we are in the forest the phone signal will be iffy…so back with you all Monday pm…unless we get to cafes etc…

Maire..
    Hoping all has gone well with you today…which is your weigh in day?

Minols..
    Hope you are not up in the night again…slow down…

Dave..
    I like a lot of James Martin recipes, when they are down to earth…I have some favourites of his…

Hedgehog..
    Your poor hubby with Xena…still I had a stand off this morning and I was ignored!.someone was in trouble!!…….baby music group sounds different, glad you all enjoyed it…

Well wet weather gear on and wake this pup up….

Jean x

I had chicken so all done, maybe a yoghurt later.

We are all finished for the day, glass of milk later…egg, bacon and tomatoes with one slice of bread….hoping the scales move tomorrow..

X

Sneaky peek at my scales this morning, another pound off, so 2lbs this week…I like to weigh after a FD. Did some scent work with Xena this afternoon, going to watch Crufts tonight, ourvdog trainer is showing someones dog for them, might get a glimpse! Thete’s a few from the club competing apparently, but we don’t know many people.

You all like getting on the scales,once a week is my maximum, would never check only on weigh-in day.Good FD today so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Dave- I only get on the scales if I think I’ve done okay & lost some, otherwise I keep away!

Well thats my 2nd 800 cal day complete…Well today was nearer 950 but another 800 cal day tomorrow. I only went over as I ate first, then counted the cals! Always pays to plan when you are going to be tight on calories!

Dave, glad Heidi seems better and well done on your FD.

Jean, poor Charlie was probably fed up with 2 lots of training in the same day! Glad that Steve had the all clear for this round of tests. Whats next for him?
    Well done with fasting too. Have a great time in the caravan, the season has started! We are not camping yet. In fact, Im not sure we will do as much this year! For one, we still feel like we are on holiday, living on the coast, with new places still to explore, but also, its going to be difficult going away with no Ellie.

That said, we are going away for 2 nights for my birthday at the beginning of April. Just to the south of the county in a guest house, but hopefully get chance to walk a different part of the south west coastal path.

HH, fingers crossed that the scales remain friendly in the morning! Did you spot anyone on Crufts?

Minols, I hope things are calmer for you today and you have had some quiet time to catch up.

Tia, well done on your 24 hours fasting between meals. I presume you are also doing the 500 cal a day.

Gerry, good luck on the application!

Lynne, great to see you back. How is the new job going? Will be great if you have your Wednesdays away from the office with only a few hours to do at home. How are the girls.

Ive been trying to sync my fitbit with my tablet and its nearly always a pain, so I need to go and have another go.
    I dont know if its accurate either, with counting steps and Im sure it counts my arm movements when Im cleaning, but I do like to see the numbers clock up when Im out and about, whether they are right or wrong!

Kay x

Pasha – I love the flexible working thing and it’s great that your boss is up for giving it a go. I hope it goes well.

Jean – I do a lot of work with migrants in school whose first language isn’t English. It’s really key, especially in cities, as you say. I hope your daughter is enjoying it. It must be really hard work being a head! How did you FD go yesterday? Thanks for the support on the application. The deadline is today, so I’ll be working on that on the train to Sheffield and back for work. I hope all of your medical appointments all went ok.

Tia-Maire – well done on your first FD. How did the 2nd one go?

Hedgehogs and Kay – thanks for the support! Submitting my application today so keeping everything crossed!

The scales are being kind after my B2B fasts this week. I’ve got a lot to lose and am very grateful to see movement! As a treat, I’m going to book to go to Chill Factore – the indoor ski slope in Manchester – next week. I said if I lost half a stone, I would go as a treat, so now I can book that! Exciting! And technically it’s exercise, so a good treat to give myself!

Off to take my students on the final fieldwork trip today, so back over to Sheffield. This is the end of my super busy time for now, so I’m only commuting 2 days next week (as opposed to the 4 days for the past couple of weeks) which will be a relief – on time, energy and money! I’m very glad that the weekend is in tasting distance! What are everyone’s plans for this weekend?

Morning all!
    Gerry- hope you get the application sorted okay, & have a good last field trip day…
    Jean- have a great trip!
    Kay- I’ve done that before, eaten then added up, especially with the carbs on keto..hope you do okay today. Nice to have a trip to look forward to for your birthday…
    Minols- how was work in the end? Hope you didn’t have another sleepless night?
    Dave- glad that Heidi’s on the mend.
    Everyone else- have a good day!
    Lovely & bright here, will take Xena somewhere nice in a bit. Have ducked out of going with youngest to look at a car, hubby will go- silly boy wants to buy a very flashy car on finance, secretly hoping he’ll be too young & won’t get the finance! Not sure what I’m doing food-wise today, couldn’t face a black coffee fast, may just keep it low…

Morning All..
    A lovely day and a quick post…

Scales were kind this morning, Steve off 1lb off…I managed 2lbs, it’s taken me back under into the stone below, after Xmas/holiday weight so pleased…

Getting more or less packed but Charlie is a bit unsettled, does he think he’s moving on?? Bless him..

I have posts jumping into junk?? Keeping an eye on them, changed the setting…

Hedgehog..
    Looking good for you too onl the scales…the flash car sounds expensive insurance, maybe you will get your way..

Kay..
    A lovely break to look forward too, as you say you live in a lovely part, where would you go..
    Just a thought on your Fitbit…I couldn’t have it on my phone and tablet, I spoke to Fitbit and they said it wasn’t possible to do both, it gets confused..so mine is just on my phone.

Gerry..
    The ski slope sounds scary, but hope you make your treat happen….🤞🤞…schools as well as what you do..does seems busy and stressful, chasing targets but she enjoys it her nearly first year has worked well…good luck on your application..🤞🤞

American daughter is moving to Texas, she can’t settle where she is…looks like she has an offer on her house after a week, a shame for the children moving schools again but the schools are free in Texas because of higher taxes…the marriage was getting very iffy so they have to do something. I think it will be better for them, lots more to do as a family…America is a strange country..Make America Great Again..it never was!..my opinion of course.

Well must dash…speak if I can..be good I will be back on Monday…good luck on weigh ins..

Jean x

When you have been to the chill factore nip across the road and watch rugby😁Jean I have Fitbit on my phone so after reading what you put I put it on my Chromebook (laptop) it works on both.I lost a pound so on target.Hope you have a good time Jean and Charlie enjoys it.

Son has decided to buy the car, hubby said it’s lovely, the rep from the finance company came & fiddled the paperwork, so all signed…he will have a black box for his insurance again so that’s something- a Merc at 18, crazy…
    Going to see mum for a cuppa & a game soon.

Just got a text from Vodafone,my contract has finished,For what I am paying for now,I can get 20gig of data, unlimited minutes and texts and 12 months free Spotify,or now TV or Amazon video or sky.will have to see what else is on offer.

Thats a pound down for me!! 2.6lbs left to 1st goal! Still a fair few after that to get back down to where I was, but Im not focusing on that at the moment.

Off to work in a bit. Got 2 holiday cottages to clean, but they are quite small, so hopely only out for a few hours. Then its rugby at the pub followed by a chilled night with some catch up tv. Day off for us both tomorrow, but I dont think the weather is going to be nice enough for a walk.

Dave, are you going to stay with vodafone? We are both with EE and our contracts are up soon but it will depend on what deals EE can offer. I always find it a headache when the contract ends as the provider you are with only offers you what you want if you thteaten to leave!
    I know I’ll be staying with my trusty Samsung 🙂

HH, shame your son was accepted foe the car…lol…at least he has the black box! How was your mum?

Gerry, did you get your application form in? Ive never been on a dry slope before, plenty of skiing though, sounds fun!

Jean, hope you are enjoying your break and Charlie likes the caravan. No doubt you will find yourself a dog friendly coffee shop somewhere. And well done both on the loss.

Hope everyone is ok…Tia, Pseu, Lynne, Minols…

Have a great weekend all x

Kay they have offered for what I am paying now,20 gig of data unlimited minutes and texts plus 12 months Spotify premium or Amazon prime or now TV or sky sports mobile.I already have sky sports and Amazon video,so the only choice would be Spotify.Tje also offered for the same price 100 gig data unlimited minutes and texts.No idea what to choose.Took Heidi out and got soaked too the skin,had to change jeans and socks☔☔. Typical Manchester weather 😝 sunny now, typical 😎

Evening all!
    Kay- well done losing some this week! Hope the holiday cottages weren’t too bad! Have a good night & day off tomorrow!
    Dave- just have a pretty basic contract with my phone, I was on pay as you go up until a year ago! Enjoy the early April showers!
    Did my Church prayer thing this morning, just as we packed up there was a torrential downpour & got drenched! Took a while to get warm, then we had to take Xena out later! Watched some crufts again, flyball & agility. Been so hungry today so eaten more than I should, 🐷 , all keto stuff though!

I got the contract with Spotify premium included for twelve months.I have been talking about coconut cake and how my mother used to make them,so Denise made one 😋😋😋only trouble is it’s very moorish😱so will have to have 5 fastdays this week to make amends 😷😷🤐🤐can’t see that happening.

Ice hockey so late to bed💤💤💤

Bad Dave!! & Denise for making it!!
    Got drenched again this morning walking Xena, & now she must’ve got some nettle stings so has been loopy. Tried bicarb of soda which should help, but she went loppy at that as well! Church in a bit & then Mum’s coming for games & dinner again, Dancing on Ice final!

My last dog gave nettle’s a very wide berth,but Heidi sticks her head in them and even sits in them when she needs a wee,they don’t affect her at all.The cake is delicious and to make matters worst Denise doesn’t want anymore 😱my son doesn’t like coconut 😁 so it’s up to me to eat it all🎉🎆🎂🍰🥞it’s an hardship but somebody has to do it.

Hi All..
    Settled in and enjoying our walks.. lovely and relaxing.. weather very mixed sun, cloud, sleet, hailstone..

Charlie off lead loads being a very good boy, frightened last night as heavy rain was hammering down on the roof.. two in a single bed was a bit tight, but he squashed up 😂

Dave..
    My Fitbit worked to start with then the steps went heywire, the steps were different on both.. maybe it’s altered now..enjoy your coconut cake, I love coconut

Kay..
    Well done on the weight loss a good loss..enjoy the rugby and a cider..we have been naughty!!!

We are on 02 we have no choice in our village..

Hedgehog..
    We have been drenched a bit on our walks but lovely through the forest..I envy you and Xena..

Hope the stings are ok..

Back to no signal !!!!

Fasting Monday

Jean x

Think I will have to fast Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, Denise has made a steamed lemon sponge pudding 😋😋😋😋😋.It’s watching James Martin every day,gave her ideas😍.I am very impressed with Spotify,I put up rock playlist and it came up with one 120 songs on it,it asked to play or download so I thought I will try the download,it did it in less than a minute.Next I downloaded Mothership, that took seconds,I can now say Alexa play Mothership and it will play on the speaker.

Afternoon All…

We are back home unpacked and washer on…we have had a lovely time and two good walks a day in the forest, and a smaller extra one on a couple of days….he has been off his lead and having a whale of a time, just clipped him on a lead if other dogs were passing, the woods where so big and my timing usually most other dogs had been walked..

We are fasting today, really need it as we have been a bit naughty in the chocolate area and a bottle of red wine between us…it’s worked well as it was a weekend…must pull back this week…

All quiet on here today…have a good day if you are fasting…

Jean x

Afternoon all!
    Jean- glad that you’ve had a good weekend away, & that Charlie enjoyed it too!
    Dave-poor you having to eat all the coconut cake!! Don’t envy you the lemon sponge though! Enjoy the music…
    Busy morning for us, we went to meet another couple who do dog boarding; walked Xena first to make sure wasn’t too hyper, & then went for a walk with them & their dog- they back onto a huge heath, so great walks, & they’re very nice. Xena did annoy their dog a bit but I think they’d settle okay. Now looking at booking a couple of short breaks- finally going to a place in St. Ives that I’ve wanted to go to for ages! Hubby can choose the next break!
    Fasting, black coffee until lunchtime, coming down with a cold & can’t get warm so it’s getting hard! Keep strong everyone!

Just turned my phone on🤤 back from gym,worn out.Is that St Ives near you or Cornwall?fast day today only two cups of tea up to now.Cant go to gym on Wednesday got to take Denise to health center,she could end up coming with me to the gym😁.All the cake and naughty things have gone now,so maybe two more Fast days this week to make amends.

Hedgehog..
    Lovely you have sorted Xena out and you can book your break…St Ives is supposed to be lovely, we haven’t really been to Cornwall much, a couple of times a bit far for us…every time we book Devon it gets cancelled..maybe one day..😂

I have found….dog friendly.co.uk…..it gives you hotels, beaches, eating places and pubs where you can take dogs…I don’t know how good it is…..

Hope you soon feel better and it passes…it was very cold for this afternoons walk..

Dave..
    Hope all goes well on Wednesday…we are at the blood hospital too…

We have finished fasting now…

Jean x

I took a leaf out of your book Jean,egg bacon and tomatoes.Two rounds of bred but the two only came to 102 calories.I have been to St Ives in Cornwall but not the St Ives in Cambridge.

We’re going to St. Ives Cornwall, I don’t think the Cambridgeshire one is that exciting! Have been there before, the place we’re going to is overlooking the beach. I love the sea! Hubby decided on Somerset for the other trip, we can see Cheddar Gorge & maybe Bath.
    Dave- would be nice if Denise can come with you to the exercise classes.
    FD okay, had a teeny tiny diet carrot cake bar, probably worse than havibg nothing, but I fancied it!

St Ives Cornwall is lovely,only been for the day when I was staying in Newquay.May be tempted to go on holiday in England for a change,I like Paignton in Devon.We go to Lanzarote in about 7 weeks.Then decide where to go later on in the year. Answers on a post card.

Dave..
    We had egg and two slices of bacon on two slices of bread…shopping tomorrow scraping the barrel a bit 😂

Seven weeks to holiday, I bet you are getting excited…

Hedgehog..
    A plan of attack for your breaks ..over looking the sea sounds nice..

I have the pup here…thinking if that’s a holiday, I need another one to get over it 😂..he’s shattered..er like Steve !!

Jean x

Hockey tonight but an earlier start😁

Morning all
    Frantic week again. Really need to find a way to get ahead.

So delighted to flick through the news and see a few pounds lost. Folks are really kicking in to gear.

Working on cooking ahead to make evenings a little easier and stick pile some things in the freezer for the OH to have for lunch. So made tonight’s sausage casserole last night… The house smelt delicious when I went to bed!

Busy day at work, but turn into super mum at 3 for piano lesson and badminton before back to work for a planning meeting… Looking forward to that as we’re throwing a music workshop together for kids in the Easter holidays. Bit of an experiment!

Hope all goes well if the storm comes close to where you are today.

Mx

Morning all!
    Minols- poor you, so busy! I hope the sausage casserole still smells okay when you got up this morning! Hope your day goes smoothly!
    Dave- Lanzarote should be good, counting the days?! So many nice places in this country, just can’t guarantee the weather!
    Jean- that’s partly why hubby wants to go away without Xena, you don’t have a rest when they’re about…I’d happily take her though!
    Not sure when I’ll be able to fast again this week- have invited mum tomorrow, & am out for a meal with friends on Thursday, so maybe Friday…
    Hope the weather’s not too bad for everyone!

Morning All…
    A very wet windy start…not good for walking…the pup will be cocky as we go he’s an all weather boy 😂

A good fd yesterday keeping low or under control today..

A doctors appointment this morning for a recall over X-ray for Steve….blood specialist tomorrow but his spleen results we were told was fine, so a general chat…then all clear for a while…I go in with him..

Dave ..
    Hope hockey was a good result..

Minols..
    Always so busy but a good idea to cook for the freezer…I do a meal in half a hour from my cooking in the freezer..lots of things happening later, sounds as if you are timed by the clock…if I see anything pass in red and blue.. I will know who it is 😂

Keep safe in the storms it doesn’t sound good….

Jean x

Hi All…
    Very wet from our walk Charlie was quite cold, he came for a cuddle to get warm..think I will put his coat on for his later walk, Steve said he looks a wally but he was shivering…

Steve’s X-ray was fine but with his breathing so bad, he has been given antibiotics and another hospital test..great being old!!

Having a lazy afternoon..just getting more washing on…having a read..

Bought some natural treats from our local pet shop I had a good chat with the owner, he was very knowledgeable, I shall be back…

Jean x

Hedgehog..
    Sorry missed your post think we crossed…

I think I might not want to leave Charlie when the time comes…I know they can’t go everywhere with you….he seems to have been past from pillow to post, he is so sensitive….maybe in 4 months he will be more confident with his new life…

Yes they do make you feel so busy with them….enjoy your meal out and meal with Mum..

Jean x

Well, today’s training was a right laugh again! Only us & one other very well behaved dog, so Xena took every opportunity to go to Nick! Secretly I do think she’s better with me, it was hubby’s turn today. But she gets so excited with Nick, he can’t actually do any training with her either! He’s very soft with her…Anyway, it took our minds off a nasty incident at the park this morning when Xena had a jack russell go for her- luckily it was muzzled but as she was on the lead she got in a right panic & ended up getting tangled, falling over & escaping her collar! We got her back okay, it tried to go for our friend’s puppy too, but she could pick it up- her & hubby had strong words with the woman! Then the silly *** let it go again & it went for the puppy again! Hopefully we won’t bump into her in future, but we might take a big stick with us…

Viewing 50 posts - 21,301 through 21,350 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.