Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,701 through 20,750 (of 35,392 total)

• Just a quick question do people count calories on their non fast days. I thought you just had to eat healthily with the odd treat. Am hoping for a better weight loss next week now we’ve finished the Christmas chocolate

Morning all, it’s a lovely bright and crisp day here, the type of day where staying in the stoopid office doing the stoopid job is a real struggle. I need a month off. This is walking weather! I ate way too much last night. Fast for me today since I’ve got karate and won’t be home until half 9. Roll on the weekend.
    Need to start paying attention to my NFDs. Janny, the idea is you just be thoughtful on your NFDs, but it does seem to work better if you count your calories so you don’t go over your TDEE. Which is the amount you should be eating to maintain your weight – there are plenty of calculators online to find what that should be. I need to start counting on my days off but haven’t managed it yet.

Fast day going ok only had about 100 calories up to now,it’s very cold outside but bright sunshine.Kirsty Spanish chicken for tea 380 calories,so still on track.Its after midnight I struggle when watching hockey.

Evening!
    Mstar- lots of exercise & well done with the weight loss!
    Jannie- well done to you as well! I used to count calories on nonFDs, it’s maybe worth doing as it’s easy to overdo it after a fast if you’re extra hungry. I used to try to keep a little my TDEE as I think my metabolism is messed up & it takes alot for me to lose (sadly not alot to gain though, as I’m finding out!)
    Dave- well done, stay strong!
    Jean- hope the travelling goes ojay…
    Pseudo- must be hard cooped up in an office, never had an office job. 1st one was in the path lab, hated that! Hope the karate goes okay.
    Well, had a good day up until late afternoon- have been pushing mum to make a decision about Dad’s ashes- it doesn’t worry me, but it’s been worrying her! Dad’s favourite Church is now closed, so mum thought the local one they went to together would be good, I think she wants somewhere to go to think of him, so I’ve got the ball rolling with that… but had to tackle her about it & wording on a plaque, so she was obviously upset- makes me feel bad, but just leavibg the ashes with the funeral directors isn’t very nice either! Also, me & my big mouth, texted my brother to let him know, & also my aunt (Dad’s sister) & now she wants to come when we do it! She lives near you Mstar, so would have to stay, & we’ve not got room, so she’d have to stay with mum, & mum’ll be upset & stressed with that…didn’t think aunt would ask to come, I should’ve kept quiet! Will have to ‘fess up to mum tomorrow, & upset her again…so feel crap now & thoroughly fed up with having to be the one to make all the decisions 😧…sorry for that rant everyone! 😞

Oh, & now hubby has opened a tub of Christmas chocolates! 😠

Fast day been ok,under my allowance.I have to hang on now.

Sounds like you’re having one of those days Hh. Cant do right for doing wrong.

Well done on your FD Dave. I must admit I did look up your hot choc machine when you told us about it before Christmas. It sounded very indulgent.

Safe travels Jean and Steve.

Well done on the 2kgs MStar and all your exercise. And for your 1lb Janny. Hope you’ve had good days.

Minols, thinking about you and the funeral. My Father in Law was a minister and always so hard when it’s someone you know. But also some happy memoriess. Very special that he married us.

Are you karateing Pseu?

I’ve had a tricky couple of NFDs. I haven’t actually eaten a meal for 2 days just lots of grazing. Scales don’t look kind but serves me right for jumping on them as soon as I got home, in the evening after 2 NFDs, ever the optimist.

Is it the weekend yet? Booked a second calligraphy class on Sunday. Really looking forward to that.

CW

I may get weighed tomorrow and go back to weekly weigh-ins only change to Friday instead of Saturday.Think I will have gained again but will find out tomorrow if I do it.

Just got back from karate, didn’t find it so good tonight, really frustrating. I think I’ll give it one more go next week and then probably stop, I’ve got too much on my plate already.

HH, sounds like you’ve had a bit of a nightmare of a day, fingers crossed you’ll be feeling up and at ’em tomorrow ready to tackle the next challenge. I’m guessing your aunt will be offended if you say there’s no room? Have some choccys and draw a line.

CW, I know what you mean about the grazing, that’s where I usually come a cropper too!

Only had a coffee and an apple. So FD on track, but I am tempted to go and rip off a chunk of the bread I bought for soup and have a gnaw on that. So tired.

Just saw a really big crash on the opposite side of the motorway, looked like they were having to cut people free.

Afternoon All..
    Just arrived at the Houston airport hotel..we will have to go out later and find somewhere to eat..

Having breakfast tomorrow morning at hotel and then starting AFDs.. it will have to be a guess but then eat nothing until we are home..if it works..must admit feeling very hungry all the time between meals it’s not good at all..

Janny..
    Well done on your pound off..

Michelinstar..
    2 kg a good loss well done.. lots of excerise done..😁

Hedgehog..
    Hope you sort your Mum out.. you are right to push for the internment…it has to be done and get him settled.. their church seems a good idea…maybe your aunt can stay at a hotel and say mum isn’t coping very well.. she will understand..it’s so very sad…
    Hold tight on the chocolates .. or maybe you have a need ..

Dave ..
    Hope it’s a good weigh in Friday..🤞🏻

Pseu..
    Shame on the karate but you are very busy … maybe just too much..

Flying Friday ..back home Saturday pm..

Jean x

I have been a good boy up to now watching hockey and not had anything to eat,if I get tempted I will go to bed 😛

I think yesterday stayed under 500, did eat a bit of bread and a yogurt but not enough to really matter. Counting down the seconds until home time, as per usual. Have a lot of uni work to do, it’s been really hard to get back into after the Christmas break.
    Hope today is better than yesterday for you HH. Hope the flying goes by quickly Jean.
    Good luck anyone fasting today.

Sounds like a plan Dave- I think I’d stay in bed all day then!! Hope the weigh in is okay!
    Jean- it’ll be hard getting back into fasting, it’s taken me a couple of weeks to get used to eating less…but you’re old hands at this!
    Pseudo- it does sound as though you’ve got lots on, I don’t know where you get the energy even to try karate! Hope you stayed strong the rest of the evening!
    Cakey- hope you enjoy the calligraphy class.
    Minols- cold where you are, any snow?!
    Meeting a friend for coffee this morning- I’ll have to be strong that it’s just coffee! And then the stone masons with mum & will have to tackle the aunt situation! My sister sounded mum out a bit last night, mum says she can’t cope, so we might have to find a B&B for aunt! My brother has 3 spare rooms but I bet they won’t help out! I feel for my aunt- she was widowed years ago & Dad was very close to her, she’s been to stay alot & on holidays together, so she’s grieving too…
    Oh well, it’ll work out!

Morning all
    Freezing here, but no snow yet, HH. Families can be such a life-line…and a nightmare around the details of bereavemtn – you will get it sorted, but it’s hard being the one that’s seeing everything from everyone’s perspective and trying to keep things balanced. Will keep your family in my prayers.

We’re in slightly silly celebratory mood here. The boy hurt himself last night by swimming in to the side of the pool mouth first – a bit of damage inside, and enough soreness for me to agree he has the day t home…and then the sky man arrives with the new mini skyq box…of the transports of delight, excitement and general whoopee-do!

My personal joy is that now that I have some assistance, although I’m taking worship on Sunday, I’m not preaching, so I’ve basically slid through work this work and cossetted myself after the funeral. Don’t do it often, but I’ll be glad to curl up with the boy in front of a movie this afternoon.

And my final joy – I managed to talk to ‘my’ tattoo-ist yesterday, and I’m all booked in for the birthday tattoo next week, that was part of the pair planned when I had the other one done in Octoberto celebrate my work anniversary – yippee!

Right – a little bit of work, and then I’m going to whisk the boy out for a brisk walk to a nice coffee shop!

Hope the flights are going well, Jean…the country’s gone to pot without you!

Mx

Thanks for the advice a out counting calories on non fast days. Think I’ll give it a go

Morning All..
    It’s 5.30 am.. in bed.. plenty of flights are taking off.. we have flight and seats to Heathrow but first flight they are not booking us on so hopefully there’s seats for us 😬

Dave..
    Hope you managed not to eat.. good luck to weigh in today..

Pseu..
    Hope we can get back quickly into it as it’s been about 5 weeks for us…

Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your catchup today with your friend.. I am sure you will sort your Aunts accommodation out and your brother helps out… you forget it’s an all around grieving process..it’s kind that you remember that.

Minols..
    I am not looking forward to the snow, we have had really lovely weather much better than expected..hoping your boys mouths ok it’s quite upsetting for him..and painful.

Getting the second tattoo done too, hope that’s not too painful.

Unfortunately we didn’t get the children baptised.. the 13 and 9 years old both asked to be baptised over the last two years.. they attend chapel 5 days a week and at a church school , they both take turns to do altar and candle duties for the last few years.. Katie took them to church on Sundays but not every week..as she is C of E and SIL is Catholic they are not committed church goers.. they left the children to decide when they were ready themselves to choose.. the church closed the doors on them.. all they wanted to know was how much money was coming their way each month.. I am sorry to say we are very disillusioned now with the C of E..it’s so very sad. I would have thought a 13 year old would be old enough to choose himself as I at that age chose to be confirmed, 9 may have been to young.

Janny..
    All will fall into place.. I counted a lot of calories and every day when starting but after awhile you do get the idea how much you are eating so I don’t bother at all now….still after 5 weeks off plan ..I shall count again when home..😬😬 a heavy few weeks to get in the flow again…a fat tummy will be reminding me 😂

Nearly shower and breakfast time.. then fasting till home tomorrow ( first flight pending!).. I will be a hungry girl..will I be strong enough not to open my family bag of peanut treats in my handbag!!!!’ I will let you know..😂

Looks like I have to sort the country out when back Minols says… it’s in a bit of a mess..

Jean x

Just posted but it’s disappeared,I have started calorie counting again.I have bought nutracheck app for a year,my thinking behind it is if I have paid for it then I will use it.Its working because I have lost half a stone, I will continue to get weighed every Friday from now on.

Dave well done on the half a stone off on the Christmas weight..it’s working..

We are through security and have seats on first flight .. think we may have had an upgrade all free seats seemed to be gone???…we don’t pay for seats..

I have not had breakfast, just two coffees and eaten an apple just now .. maybe a costa before the flight..

Did I mention I have done 90,000 steps each week while here, two Maxi walks a day and walking about.. hope it’s helped to pull back although they haven’t been quick walks.. hoping to keep them up when back not so nice when it’s cold..

All quiet on here today.. have a good day.,

Jean x

Busy day on here!
    Jean- hope the flight & upgrade is good, & you’re not too hungry! Big shame about getting confirmed for the children, I do despair at some Churches priorities…
    Dave- well done on that weight loss! And you thought you’d put some on!
    Minols- hugs for your poor son, ouch! Hope you’ve had a nice snuggly day & enjoyed the film…
    Pseudo- hope work time goes quickly & you can catch up with things over the weekend.
    Janny- good luck with the calorie counting over the weekend!
    Well my prayers were answered today; we got the decisions made okay on the plaque, took Mum to see where it will be put, & then mum announced that she thought it would be a good idea to let aunt know in case she wants to come, & that it’s about time that she came to stay!!!! Hooray for dementia, mum completely forgot everything she’d said last night to my sister! So I suggested she rang aunt (as soon as we went) before she changes her mind again!
    And I lost 2lbs, had a good catch up with my friend & resisted the yummy cakes in the coffee shop, so feel much happier tonight!
    Have also bought the most amazing thing to keep Xena quiet- it’s called a Lickimat, like a mat with a raised maze on it & you smear it with food- kept her quiet for ages licking every nook & cranny, I’m very impressed for only £4!!
    No food so far today, looking forwarx to a stir fry tonight…

Certainly had my fill today,just over my TDEE.So will have to reduce it Saturday and Sunday,next fast Monday.Its cold here but no snow,it’s not far away, Liverpool have had a bit so quiet close.My mate sent me a picture from where he lives in Edale snow there.

Morning all! No snow here either, it’ll wait til my birthday, no doubt!
    We’re out early this mornibg, have been recommended a new dog sitter as the lady who looked after Josie can’t have her- her dog is poorly. The new people want to meet Xena with her dogs for a walk… at 8am!

Good afternoon, hope everyone is ok and not too cold.The sky is white but no snow, hopefully we won’t get any.Trying to decide where to go for my birthday and also looking at cruises next year to celebrate our sapphire wedding anniversary.Will have to see if we are fit enough to go, should be, fingers crossed.Are you home Jean?

Afternoon All..
    From a very freezing house… home safe and sound.. we were 45 mins late due to de icing of plane in Chicago..

Just had a bacon butty and cake.. ahh normal..we are starting fasting Monday but AFDs.. giving us grace to get shopping in.. and yes the Chocolate Treats were eaten after a pizza!!.. nothing eaten on flight..no upgrade either 😬

Hedgehog..
    Glad all worked out well for Mum in the end and Aunt can stay with her..Well done on the 2 lbs off a good amount..

The mat sounds interesting for Zena..must look at that….hope the new sitter fits in with her…when we left, Maxi saw us off in the car, as daughter held his collar going into the house he escaped and ran up the street like a whippet with her chasing after him..a car stopped to help her and Maxi went over fussing thought he was Steve.. just short of a busy road 😱

Dave..
    Planning ahead for next years holidays already.. cruises need to be put on your insurance as an add on.. you may know already..a big Anniversary 😁

Have a lovely weekend..
    Jean x

Yes it will cost more for cruises, still looking at September for probably Cyprus or maybe Portugal.I go to doctor to discuss x-ray’s on Wednesday so will see what he has to say before booking anything else.I must try and cut down on snacks,they are higher than main meal half the time, fruit yogurt and weight watchers biscuits.

Jean-glad you’re home safe & sound & glad Maxi was safely recaptured, naughty boy! Enjoy another day of eating before you start ADF!
    Dave- very exciting, a cruise to look forward to!
    Xena got on well with the dog sitters dogs & they’re happy to have her, they take the dogs for 2 walks a day off lead on the heath or forest, so it sounds good! We might book somewhere for a couple of nights in March not too far away, see how it goes…
    Had a walk with Mum & sis, & actually managed to do a whole pile of ironing without shutting Xena away- she’s usually a pain & tries to play with the cord, but kept away today! She’s now on my lap & I’m being very good resisting the chocolate hubby is eating!

I will get my free travel bus pass on may and the one bus I would use it on has just been removed from service,I will now have to get a bus and team to get where I want to be.😠😠😠,had 2000 calories today so over 600 below my allowed intake.

Morning all

Glad everyone’s surviving the cold. I find it hardest when I’m fasting – cold gets to me now in a way it never really used to.

HH – glad things worked out with your Mum. I have a friend whose phrase is ‘let the world turn’…it’s really helpful for those of us who try to rush at a problem just to get it sorted. The world turning often changes things in ways we never would have thought of.

Having a low day today…may turn into a fast day with just a meal at lunchtime once work is done, and then a whole lot of domestic stuff this afternoon. Dinner for the boys is already sorted, and there wouldn’t be a lot for me, deliberately!

Hope all have a good day!

Mx

Morning All..
    Feeling the cold since back the house was freezing much better this morning…it’s been 23 degrees on heating since 1 pm yesterday and over night …I think we are about there now…

Tuesday seems to be the day when it gets very cold 😬 something to look forward too….

I was woken at 8.15 with a cuppa and was told to get back on UK time!…nice one Steve..for one who doesn’t sleep!

Dave..
    You have lots of holidays planned..even in your head…something to look forward too…I don’t understand the insurance it says it costs more to get you off the ship to hospital, our ship had two operating theatres on it..as usual money making thing…hope all is well at the doctors on Wednesday…

Hedgehog..
    Sounds as if you have found a good holiday sitter….I would think they are hard to find….nice if you can get away for a couple of days see how she settles…

Minols…
    I like the saying..it’s so true…

A good plan for dinner for the boys…what will you be eating, just a small amount…

We will be having a roast beef and Yorkshire pudd dinner tonight…a bit of lovely normal food before fasting tomorrow….so fed up with drizzles of this and that and bad American food…

Ironing for me and more washing…thought I was up to date before leaving daughters..Steve is like a magician pulling it out from all corners..😂

Shopping later see if I can find some beef and top the fresh food up..definitely back to normal duties..

Jean x

Jean the first cruise I went on,a helicopter had to come out to sea to pick up a patient,that’s why it cost more.So I suppose it’s worth it. Still miserable weather but no snow so not all bad.Not had anything to eat yet, having a roast chicken later so a low day today and a fast day tomorrow.

Hi All…

Last blow out for us foodwise and then back to fasting… beef picked up and in oven…with the weather being cold instead of salad stuff bought vegetable soup things for our fasting days…it will be made shortly..

Pile of ironing to do before our meal tonight…more clothes drying..

Dave..
    I suppose heart attack or bigger things will need a helicopter ride….a friend of ours went on one with normal cover he didn’t know……enjoy your roast dinner…Yorkshire’s too?.

Jean x

I am like you Jean if gravy then Yorkshire’s 😋😋😋

Roast chicken for my lot too, mum’s coming as well, tarte tatin for pud but I can resist that (except for the raw pastry, I sneaked a piece of that, bad girl…)
    Beautiful & bright here, freezing though, the garden’s still frosty now!
    Minols- Like the saying, will try to remember that!
    Enjoy your roast & yorkshires, I cheat & do a packet mix; mine were always hit & miss, make pretty much all my cooking from scratch so shouldn’t feel guilty!

Only me having Yorkshire’s today, Denise likes Yorkshire’s to be flat,I like them raised.Going to measure chicken- spuds to work out calories,not sure how I work out calories for Yorkshire’s though.

Yorkshire pudding 260 calories
    Chicken 195 calories
    Roast potatoes 250 calories
    Peas 59 calories
    Didn’t have stuffing and very little gravy.so it will be a low day after fruit and yoghurt.

Morning all.
    Today is Blue Monday, but every Monday in work is a blue Monday for me.
    Pigged out all weekend, but finally got rid of some of the xmas booze. Need to start counting properly from today on if I really want to shift anything. FD for me today.

Morning All..
    A bit of a later start this morning…wake up …a cuppa then a bit of extra sleep..😂…jet lag doesn’t seem so bad this time….

Dave..
    Yorkshire’s with everything with gravy!!…well done on your calorie count..

Hedgehog..
    Glad all went well with your meal….we keep talking of your Mum but how are you feeling too?

Pseu..
    Shame you can’t get out of your job….I had a job once when I didn’t want to wake up for work, so I know how you feel…

We are on our first FD since before Christmas…so it’s going to be a hard one ..

Jean x

Good afternoon, didn’t go to bed until 3am this morning,I watched hockey then American football was on so watched that too.Fast day today but not sure what I am having, nothing in so it could be poached eggs and possibly beans.Will work out the calories and see what to have.

According to weather forecast I will be getting snow tomorrow 😮😭used to like it 50 years ago but not anymore.I will have to dig out my boots to take Heidi out.Fast day going ok but feeling peckish now.

Afternoon All..

Fasting going ok..had a coffee out and porridge this morning…vegatable soup tonight…

Dave..
    I think the snows your way…if I am in I like watching it but not going out…does Heidi like it?

Just setting up a Alexa Dot..a belated Christmas present just arrived after waiting delivery…just said to Steve I might shout to you for help if needed…all ok up to now…😂…at least she will talk when Steve is on selective hear loss!

Pseu..
    How is your fasting going?

Anyone else fasting today??

My jeans are feeling tight and snug..scales will be a nightmare Friday..

Jean x

Pretty hungry today, don’t think I can do a no-food fast, I’ll have to make a batch of low-cal soup.

Jean I have one echo show,one echo and two echo dots.If you have Amazon prime you get 2,000,000 songs included in the price.I also have a Google home and two mini’s.Love technology.

Afternoon all! I’m in the mass Monday fast, was out early today, took Mum to the solicitors to get the ball rolling for power of attorney…she was quite confused today so coached her on the way! Helped her with bank stuff, she was very emotional & angry at dad for leaving her on her own! (I’m okay Jean, thanks for asking, but it’s nice to be able to vent on here sometimes as my closest friends have more than enough problems of their own!)
    Had a couple of lovely frosty walks with Xena, & got her playing with a stick in the park to burn off energy! She ‘helped’ us in the garden when we made a start pruning the tortured willow!
    Hope everyone else’s fasts are going okay, will hopefully be able to do a liquid one today.

Heidi likes the snow,she jumps into the deepest snow not that we get much here.Still no food but hungry now.Think I will have two bacon two poached eggs and beans.

All finished here…vegetable soup went down well, 1 slice of bread for me and two for Steve…

A kitchen day for me….Cooked stewing steak for the freezer today, 5 x 2 batches and the soup 4 x 2 batches…so a good day…left a batch of steak for pasties to be made tomorrow …keep the boy happy….boned chicken thighs to go in the freezer too, a good cheap meal….

AFDs till end of February so next FD Wednesday…

Have a good evening ..

Jean x

Well done Jean,I hate soup mores the pity so can’t have that.I had two toast with mine.

Tried something different tonight instead of coffee- had a home made hot chocolate with almond milk, cacoa powder (lower carb than cocoa) & sweetener, I think it was about 100cals. It’s warmed me up, & quite filling, have been so cold! & I’ve made a chia seed porridge for tomorrow morning. Hope to do an extended fast like I used to- too hungry though I think being fat adjusted on keto definitely made a difference…

I have gone over so will try again on Wednesday and Thursday,not over by a lot, still a good 1600 below my TDEE.

What do you put in your veggie soup, Jean? When I used to make veggie soup the best bit was the lentils and pearl barley, but no point putting those in on an FD. Also potatoes are good for thickening it but they’re a bit much on a FD too.
    I made tomato soup, came out a bit spicier than intended, still nice though.

Pseu..
    My veg soup…all chopped really really small..2 leeks, 2 onions,1 large potato, 2 carrots, 1 small parsnip, a couple of slices turnip, a couple of hands of frozen peas…
    a knob of butter in a pan,
    Sweat all veg on a medium heat for 10 mins keep stirring them over,
    3 veg cubes in 2 pints of boiling water, when dissolved pour over veg, boil and then simmer..
    Takes about 10 mins,
    Salt and pepper to taste,
    To thicken a couple of tablespoons of corn flour in a bit of cold water mix into a paste add to soup.

Really put what you have or like in….I have started adding a teaspoon of curry paste, changes the flavour which we like…

Jean x

Morning all!
    Not had porridge yet, will do soon…just puppy training planned today, not sure what else.
    Hope everone else has a good day!

Viewing 50 posts - 20,701 through 20,750 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.