Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,832 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 2 hours, 53 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,651 through 20,700 (of 35,317 total)

• I don’t usually have breakfast at all,any day.Just found an app which has old movies on it, Denise and I just watched a 1940s film with Ava Gardner and Burt Lancaster,the picture was excellent,I streamed it to my TV.

Hi All..
    Lovely and sunny here and the children are happy playing so we are in for the day….cooking dinner..

Dave..
    Nice the holiday is paid and something to look forward to…enjoy your movie..

Pseu..
    We have for our breakfast ..4 mixed tins fruit at the moment, then I add chopped dried prunes, figs and raisins then chop a hand full of small stemmed ginger but rinse the sugar off..keep it in a plastic container to mingle the tastes up..lasts three days for two of us.. (fresh fruit isn’t too good at the moment)..healthy no idea but think it’s pretty low off the tin…you get fed up of thinking what to have.. cornflakes which isn’t good, or shreddied wheat or porridge ..

Jean x

Morning all – FD for me today as I’m at a conference for the next couple of days, and the conversation over food is always quite a key part. Mind you, it’s at a monastery so the food will be simple…hope they don’t keep silent table!

Breakfast for me is usually toast slathered with honey, or porridge coated with demerara. If I’m doing something for everybody, then it’s a 5 egg omelette with tonnes of cheese and chorizo – healthy, eh!

Right – work calls…or at least, my beadle has just put her head round the door and asked if I need decaff or caff today…going with half and half! Good Presbyterian compromise!

Mx

It’s very windy out there, nearly got blown away.Rain too awful day.Roast beef for dinner, will make the Yorkshire’s now before the United game.

Afternoon All..
    Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday..

We have had a good walk through a country park this morning on a board walk above the swamps..at least not on the nature trails they were too muddy..

Going to a travelling Rodeo with the family for a couple of hours which is in town.. a different thing for us to see.. we are all in our checked shirts 😂

Minols..
    Hope you can manage food at the conference.. I couldn’t manage all silence..

Dave..
    Good win with Man U .. Steve only managed th last 15 mins..enjoy your beef dinner.. after yesterday’s turkey dinner, a full xmas dinner!..we are still stuffed.. 5.2 is really calling..

We are leaving here on Thursday pm staying over in Houston before flying out Friday.. a lot of travelling to do, cutting 4 hours out..not home till noon on Saturday..

Jean x

January is quite a difficult month to lose weight with birthday celebrations,so will really kick in February.Dont know what the doctor will say on the 23rd but if I have to have a knee replacement I am sure he will say first lose three stone.

My son said the plane landing at Manchester airport was a white knuckle ride,the plane was getting blown all over the place.I seem to feel hungry all the time,not a good sign.

Morning all!
    Dave- do you think the tablets make you hungry? Or is it just tge way you are?! I think grelin levels have something to do with it, I’m a hungry all the time too- don’t often feel full either, even when I ate alot over Christmas! 😧
    Jean- hope the birthday girl enjoyed her day, & hope all that food doesn’t go on the hips too much!
    Pseudo- well done getting the essay done, & I think you deserved the beer!
    I try not to eat breakfast, but have been so hungry I have eaten some recently. Usually have scrambled egg & seed crackers, or veggie bacon & egg, occasionally I have nuts & yoghurt.
    Minols- hope the conference is good!
    Fasting today, not really sure whether to do liquid, I’m debating doing a small meal & doing 5 days on the trot, got to shift something in the next 2 weeks!!

HH I am not sure if it is the tablets,but a few people I actually know who have had an heart attack all gained weight.When I go out for a meal and it is a good tasty meal I always say to Denise I could eat that again,and I could🐽🐽🐽.Fast day today,just had breakfast and lunch,a packet of weight watchers lemon and ginger biscuits.Going to try and stay under 600 calories today.

Morning All..
    We enjoyed the rodeo very different.. lots of things happening.. it wasn’t cruel..horses, bulls, horse racing around barrels lots of things timed and bare back riding .. once in a while.. a like a big adult circus..

Dave..
    The plane sounded scary..any snow about yet..?

I think it’s a circle with food you eat too much then you want more.. keep it low with the fasting and no blow outs and it keeps under control.. we shall have to fight the demons when back..

Hedgehog..
    It’s the waist what is suffering.. Big Big fasting when back.. just can’t do anything here I am not in control of food plans and I can’t resist naughties like at home!!

You too have a bit to loose to get back on track again..we will get it off!!.. it’s been a bad time for you..

Have a good fast day all..

Jean x

Good afternoon,no snow about,think it’s due around the 23rd if we are to get any,think there is more chance of you getting it Jean than me.Took Heidi out but she didn’t see any of her friends,only the woman who takes her little friend Rashford a Yorkshire terrier out,she said hello to Heidi.Feeling hungry now but will hold out until 6pm(hopefully)

Jean- you & Steve do well with your fasting, I’m sure you’ll be goid when you’re home! Thete’s still tempting things about here- someone made my son a birthday cake at work, he’s brought the leftovers home & it calls me very loudly!
    Dave- we met the German Shepherd who chased after us the other day- she was with her ‘Dad’ this time so was a bit better behaved, but he did say they’re having some trouble with her, she’s quite a handful now she’s getting towards being an adult!
    Pseudo, Cakey, Minols, DF- hope you’re busy at work if you’re fasting & want the day to go quick, & nice & quiet otherwise!
    Lovely walk with Xena, she is so far very good off lead, went to buy a new washing machine- done the research online first so it didn’t take long-, then have cleaned all the outside of my oven as we’re going to get someone in to do the inside & I was very embarassed by the state of it!
    Hungry though!

Heidi has a new friend a Shih Tzu,she already knows two other of the same breed,DJ and Oscar.This one was only ten weeks old,the owner asked if Heidi was ok,I said yes she loves meeting other dogs.When it walked away Heidi was pulling me to catch up with it,she is still strong when she wants to be.Very hungry now but will hang on till later.

Dave- wish Xena could meet Heidi, she loves other dogs & seems calmer than Josie was at that age. Enjoy your food later!
    I’m not eating, not too hungry now…

Heidi gets on great with all dogs.Had Spanish chicken,390 calories so under 600 for the day.

Hello

My woof loves to play with other dogs. But he is justto boisterous. If he sees one and he’s on the lead he barks at them which sounds aggressive and nearly pulls me off my feet. But all he wants to do is play.

9 lbs down so still going in the right direction. Over the weekend I had breakfast cereal/yoghurt and then nothing until dinner. H insisted on fish and chips as new one opened. It was very good but I ate half and was quite full. Yesterday was baked chicken with roasted vegetables, I skipped the potatoes.

Home made soup tonight so happy with that although succumbed to 6 after eights earlier. That’s all I’ve had today so will be around 500 ish.

Next FD for me is Wed but I’m away in Scotland so we’ll see how it goes. Low day tomorrow.

CW

Thursday my next FD, hockey tonight so it’s difficult to resist food after midnight,but I shall football time now.

Evening All..
    Had a House day but went shopping with daughter am.. I dropped the hem on granddaughters school dress, by 4” it was getting short.. by catholic standards 😂..it’s a wonder they don’t have a key!!

Hedgehog.,
    A treat of a new washer a definite must..a kitchen day keeping you busy..

Cakey..
    Well done on the weight it’s very good..have a good time in Scotland.. holiday or work?

Dave..
    Keep strong tonight .. enjoy the match..

Must have a look at your weather link..thanks..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Cakey- well done you! You’re being very strong…
    Jean- Charlotte has obviously had a growth spurt!
    Dave- stay strong! I did MM’s 8 week blood sugar diet of 800 cals before- managed about 3 weeks I think, it was very hard! Haven’t had a chance to look at this one, will see how it compares!
    Helping mum out today & Xena starts the junior class.

Good morning
    For days I’ve felt good, motivated and completely focussed. So why have I woken up this morning and just want to wrap up warm, hibernate and comfort eat.
    Have booked first yoga class this evening but I might struggle, arthritis in hip and torn rotator cuff in arm doesn’t make for flexibility, but I’ll be gentle and hopefully it will keep me focussed.

Edinburgh trip is for work Jean, but managed sensible train times so not too early a start.

Hope Xena enjoys the big girls class Hh. She sounds like a little star with her training. I’ve been desperate to get ours booked in for grooming, I’ve always just bathed him at home but his long retriever winter coat could do with some expert help. My poor hoover.

Late night Dave, I’ve usually been in bed 6 hours by the time you go!

How’s the conference going Minols? A silent retreat would be heaven for me.

Hope you’re having a steadier week pseu, you haven so much work and so many activities to juggle.

Hello Kay, Lynne, Caspy, Dragonfly

CW

Got slaughtered at hockey 6-3,lost last three,started munching walnut’s a 1-30 am so not good for calories, couldn’t sleep so up early by my standards, Denise still in bed ,very late for her.Heidi was up first so I let her out.Shopping later,crusty cobs😋😋😋.Must stop thinking about food.

Morning folks.
    I’ve had a horrible morning. I submitted my essay on Sunday night, and took yesterday as a holiday because I didn’t really get a day off over the weekend. So I spent yesterday just relaxing and went to bed early. Meanwhile some of my student friends elsewhere in the country had a tutorial last night, where they stressed two important things that needed to be in the essay… that weren’t in mine. So I woke up this morning, saw the comments and panicked. So I’ve had a manic morning trying to re-write a section of the essay and get it re-submitted by 12, whilst also being in work and getting things booked in for the courier by 11. I think I managed it, hopefully I haven’t missed anything stupid, like references to the part I had to take out. Got so stressed I started shaking and feeling sick, trying to type fast when your hands are shaking isn’t fun.
    FD planned for me unless something comes up later.
    I found a new job I wanted to apply for, but they want three references. I don’t know enough people for three references, now I work on my own I’m too isolated.

Hi all, I’m still around but work has kept me busy!!

Pseu, that was stress you didn’t need!! I’ve got to that shaking point myself sometimes at work and its horrible. Hope you can relax a bit now x

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Stay strong fasters 🙂

FD today, Gym session mostly cardio, still getting over a cold so a bit wheezy. Weight loss nowhere near as dramatic as last year but I’ll stick with it. Off to Indonesia on Saturday on business so it will be a big challenge fasting out there. I may have to put my second FD of the week back to Friday. Stay strong everyone

Pseudo- poor you, that sounds like a nightmare with your essay, hope it’s all okay. Is there anyone you can contact about the job to explain about the references? Would be such a shame not to be able to apply…
    Cakey- you’ve done well to keep going today! And to do yoga with the arthritis…don’t think we’ll ever be using a dog groomer, hope your woof behaves himself when he goes!
    Dave- can’t stop eating if I start on nuts quite often! Hope the early start doesn’t catch up with you…have you found an exercise class yet?
    DF- how’s it going with the FDs?
    Mstar- Indonesia sounds great, if it’s not all work! Hope it goes okay…
    Not managed a very low day, not too bad though. Xena did some very good work at the junior class, but was also a pickle with the trainer- she adores him & was very easily distracted if he was near! (The whole class is done off lead!)

I am waiting until I have been evaluated for exorcising on the 14th February, will see what they say then.I get my x-ray results on the 23rd of January.Its all doctor’s and hospital at the moment.

Hey guys, I haven’t forgotten about you all, I am still struggling with my bronchitis, finally gave in and went to the doctor today, but only after passing out from coughing last night!!!, scared the wits out of Me, so am on the antibiotics now, hopefully they won’t take long to kick in, am fed up of sleeping on the sofa, so I don’t disturd the rest of the house.

Hopefully back next week

Tammy x

Hope they work quickly and your soon feeling better Tammy.

Hello

I kept off the comfort food and have managed b2b fasts mon and tues. Same thing happened last week although I haven’t planned it, just wasn’t hungry on the second day and kept going. Think I’ll try for a third on Friday.

Yoga was lovely, so good to be back. Managed the class better than expected.

Hope you’re feeling better soon Tammy.

CW

Tammy- hope you get better soon, thinking of you…
    Cakey- you’re doing so well!
    Dave-sorry, forgot you were waiting for results on your knees…
    Not sure what I’ll do food wise tomorrow; was going to fast, Mum’s coming for dinner so I’ll have to eat something, she doesn’t understand fasting. Will have to think of what to cook myself!

My omelette maker does a very nice poached egg also.Will come in useful for fast days.I bought a hot chocolate machine from hotel Chocolat but looking at the calories in it I will have one once in a blue moon.

Evening All..
    A good day out and about I bought a black gilet quite pleased.. daughter wears them all the time so thought I would give one a try.. she always looks good but slimmer than me 😂.. just!

Another school dress hemmed again very full took me hour and half…

We took the children out for a chicken meal at Caines, their favourite place tonight and finished with a McFlurry
    All went well, though I had 30 children shouting and singing in a bus!!

Last day for us tomorrow, before we head for an overnight stay in Houston before flying back to you all Friday… land Saturday.

Cakey..
    You do get out and about…hope your yoga went well with no aches and pains…

Pseu..
    Hope your essay is fine after all your hard work..is there anyone who could give a character reference, that might be fine..

DF..
    Glad you are still about don’t work too hard…

Michelinstar..
    Hope you soon to start to feel better we were both three weeks before improvement..enjoy your trip and food ..😬

Hedgehog…
    Zena sounds so lovely and doing good at the junior class.. hope you sorted some food out to have with mum tomorrow..

Dave..
    Good luck at the doctors…I know what you mean all doctors and hospital..the chocolate machine sounds very calorific!!

Tammy..
    Hope you soon feel better, this bug is not good at all..

I will be joining you next week with a big weight gain 😬

Night night all..

Jean x

Morning all.

Yesterday’s FD went well, just had a coffee all day, eating today, expect another FD tomorrow, only doing two this week since I missed Monday.

Nope, I only have one person who can give me a character reference, frankly I’m not sure I trust my other friends to sound professional enough. And I don’t think the uni would accept any less references, very annoying.

Have you weighed yet Jean or waiting until you get home?

Hi all

Conference excellent but hard work – food delicious!
    Today is my friend’s funeral so I’ve been up since 5. I’ve downed a hearty bowl of porridge because I know it’s going to feel a bit weird all day. I think I’ve written what needs to be said. I’ll know by lunchtime.

Mx

Hope all goes as well as it can today Minols.

NFD today . caved in a bit yesterday with some late cashews but weight was down again this morning. I think the key is staying disciplined on the non fasting days. Short gym session Myzone belt keeps me motivated and I can also see the calorie burn on the screen. Under 9s footy training tonight and my second FD tomorrow. Soup for me and avoid any more nuts.. advice for life ….

Good afternoon.Denise went to physio for her knees,De-knees😀she is now being referred to pars,I have been referred to pars also so it would be good if we could go together, don’t know if that’s possible.Baked potato and chicken fillet for tea, possibly some green beans.

Evening!
    Minols- I hope that today went a well as it could…
    Jean- did you indulge in a McFlurry? Not long now til you’re home, bet they’ll miss you…
    Dave- hope you & De-knees can go together although I don’t know what pars is? I’ve seen some keto hot chocolate recipes, but it’s double cream, so avoiding that for now…
    Mstar- Non-fds are my downfall at the moment, although not been too bad this week.
    Pseudo- go for the job anyway, I would & do a covering letter to explain the references!
    Steak & kidney pie for the meat eaters tonight, made a kale soup I’ll have with cloud bread, so FD for me. Smells nice but we’ll see on the taste!!

Physical
    Activity
    Referral
    Service
    Does that answer your question HH.Just took Heidi out and got drenched,she loves being rubbed down with a towel.I think I will stop going on the heart forum on Facebook,I have been feeling ok the last few weeks,no anxiety,but reading on there it can be depressing.its called heart attack no dramas,or something like that,but they all talk about when I had my Widow maker which I find very dramatic the name widowmaker.Plus they go on about how many have you had and how often,so reading this is very depressing.

I have bought nutracheck for one year,today I will end up having 1405 calories,my TDEE Is 2670,so I am well under today.

Afternoon All..
    We had a good lunch today but not eating much for the rest of the day…

A couple of more shirts bought for Steve the fits better than at home..

AFDs for us when back for the month.. whichever day it is and a dry month too…breakfast on Friday then fasting through travelling.. an odd couple of coffees..

Pseu..
    No scales here and won’t be on them when home too.. a big fat tummy!!!

Shame on the reference…

Minols..
    Hope today went well..a sad day.

Michelin..
    Have a good team train tonight..

Dave..
    PARS together a different outing…😁.. I think I would delete the FB account sounds upsetting..

Hedgehog..
    Yes a few ice cream cornets.. not a full mcflurry!
    Really stuffed ourselves it’s so hard when dinners every day..plus wine by the gallon!

Really looking forward to getting back on board.. hope your FD goes well..

All packed ready for the off tomorrow leaving about 11am so no dash.. after taking Max out then shower..about ready to go and get back to normality and us time… we have been very surprised how good the weather has been didn’t really expect it..

Jean x

Afternoon All..
    We had a good lunch today but not eating much for the rest of the day…

A couple of more shirts bought for Steve the fits better than at home..

AFDs for us when back for the month.. whichever day it is and a dry month too…breakfast on Friday then fasting through travelling.. an odd couple of coffees..

Pseu..
    No scales here and won’t be on them when home too.. a big fat tummy!!!

Shame on the reference…

Minols..
    Hope today went well..a sad day.

Michelin..
    Have a good team train tonight..

Dave..
    PARS together a different outing…😁.. I think I would delete the FB account sounds upsetting..

Hedgehog..
    Yes a few ice cream cornets.. not a full mcflurry!
    Really stuffed ourselves it’s so hard when dinners every day..plus wine by the gallon!

Really looking forward to getting back on board.. hope your FD goes well..

All packed ready for the off tomorrow leaving about 11am so no dash.. after taking Max out then shower..about ready to go and get back to normality and us time… we have been very surprised how good the weather has been didn’t really expect it..

We have had a lovely family time.

Jean x

On a fast day today and have been starving. Managed to come in at 525. Now going to bed to avoid the temptation to eat. Fast days all done for this week 😁

Janny..
    Well done on your FD..hope you have survived this evening..

Jean x

Morning all…
    Janny-well done, they do generally get easier! Hope the scales/ measurements have shifted for you
    Jean- safe journey home!
    Dave- that would be good to do a class together. The FB group doesn’t sound a supportive, positive group, don’t need negative people dragging you down- & did you say alot of them had put weight on? Doesn’t sound like they’re helping themselves, you’ve managed to lose weight still…
    Minols- how did yesterday go? Do your menfolk manage okay without you when you go away?
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    Naughty Xena woke at 5.30, ugh. Stomach gnawing already, wanted to do a b2b fd, but not sure if that’s going to happen! Nothing planned for today either…

Morning all. Survived my fast day 😁 starving this morning. 1lb off

Cold frosty morning in Farnham surrey, Weighed in slightly down 2kgs off in second week which is encouraging. Spinning class at lunchtime which will test me as my chest is still a bit wheezy. Training was good bunch of under 9s so keeping up was a challenge on tired legs from the lunchtime session. It’s all good though. Stay strong and keep on keeping on.

not sure I could ever do a B2B , prefer bnb. ha.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,651 through 20,700 (of 35,317 total)

You must be logged in to reply.