Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,890 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 3 hours, 5 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,601 through 20,650 (of 35,376 total)

• Morning all, just heading out for an appt

Not feeling it this week , I’ve landed with a chest infection and can’t be bothered with any thing, so forgive me if I don’t sign in the rest of the week, but will catch you all next week, and hopefully feeling more with it then.

Tammy x

Morning all, I decided to start work a bit later today to catch up with sleep, so I feel a bit less depressed and despondent than I did last night. I’m finding it really hard to get back into the swing of things after Christmas, and I didn’t even have that many days off!
    Not sure if fasting or not today, will see how it goes.

Hope you recover soon Tammy!

(Late) morning all.

Pseu – it’s really tough at this time of year – never feel I get enough sleep, even though we’re usually in bed by 10. This week we’ve over slept every morning! And I’ve just got a new alarm clock as my old one died over Christmas. OH asked this morning why I have a new clock if I never set it? Since I had the boy I’ve never needed to set an alarm unless I want to get up extra early for something, it’s just so if I can’t sleep I know how long I’ve been tossing and turning and how dreadful I’ll feel later if I get up and work! but I think I’m going to have to setting it now! But all credit to you for sticking with the essay – some are really hard to get over the finishing line with, though, aren’t they. But you will!

Dave – hope you and Denise had a good time for her birthday.

Xena’s training seems to be going well – just love meeting puppies in the park!

Not a FD for me, but I am conscious of not going overboard. Last night, I tried a Hairy Biker’s recipe for Pan Heggerty (lite) – delicious. Did half quantities and gave the boys sausages with it so they didn’t feel deprived, but I could quite happily just eat that!

Have a good one, everybody.
    Mx

Hi guys 🙂

Skipped the early workout this morning, but just been for a nice walk. Very cold today! I sometimes think I’m younger than I am when it comes to exercising daily, I was SO tired when I got up this morning lol …

Low day for me, FD tomorrow 🙂

Work is busy, so sorry for not replying individually.

Hopefully quieter tomorrow x

Having an extra FD to make up for yesterday, will try my omelette maker out for my own omelette, will have salad with it.My son has just gone for a job interview so I hope he does well,he’s very nervous about interviews.Two more of my ex workmates have died so not a great start to the new year.

Hi all

Dave – how’d the interview go? Sorry to hear about your pals…as you sy, not a good start to the year.

Tammy – sorry you’re not feeling great. Hunker down and get better…re-start your year next week!

Spent a couple fo hours with my friend’s wife today – just lovely talking about him and listening to her stories. I may make a stab at writing tonight while the boy is at BB…really important to get this one right. Actually, it’s always important, just most people don’t look me in the eye and tell me how much their beloved trusted me to get it right, and how she really trusts me. Guess I’d better get it right!

DF – big fan of walking as you know…would go miles to avoid working out! So I hope you enjoyed this lovely crisp weather.

Light dinner tonight ready for tomorrow’s FD.

See you then.
    Mx

Nothing to eat yet, looking forward to my omlette.My son said the interview went ok so he must wait and see,it’s much different than anything he has done before and will get training if he is successful,it’s working with 16-25 year olds helping them get life skills.

Dave- rotten news for you, hope your son gives you good news about the job…
    Tammy- hope you feel better soon, big hugs!
    Minols- hope your son wasn’t late for school! Have just read a hilarious book – ‘Why Mummy Drinks’; the language was a bit rude, but the rest of it was funny, took me back a few years, & they were always late for school! I hope you can write the service well & your friend’s wife is happy (as she can be)…
    Dave- hope your FD is going quickly & you’re staying strong.
    DF- a walk is great, the fresh air is better than sweating at home or in the gym, IMO!
    Had a lovely walk with Xena this morning, over a heath, brought back memories of Josie & my sister’s late doggie, but we’re making some new ones now. Dropped my bag of stewing steak pieces- to encourage recall!- so someone else’s dog will have a treat. Luckily Xena was happy with cuddles! Helped mum with more paperwork- very nearly done now, thankfully. & hubby & son put a new tv stand together for her. Feels like lots of cooking done again (poor tummy is rumbling!), but glad both the boys are eating! Roll on tomorrow morning!

Got to wait a couple of days to see if my son gets the job,his sister got the same job a few weeks ago,she is moving from the hospital,it was two days before they told her.It would be nice if they can work together.Had my meal now think it’s less than 200 calories so I can have a yoghurt and some fruit.

Dave- fingers crossed then, I guess they get on better than Pseudo & her brother?! How’s your daughter getting on after all the hassle with the car?
    Hope you’re not as hungry as I am, Dave?!

Morning All..,
    A lazy morning today took Maxi out and a bit of food shopping with daughter…assembled a long mirror for granddaughter it’s her birthday Saturday, it opens up and she can keep all her jewellery, bangles and bows in..

Cutting hair for daughter soon and collecting children from school and home work begins..☹️..I shall take Max out for his second walk just the two of us unfortunately on his lead but he doesn’t mind..

Tammy..
    Hope you soon feel better..

Pseu..
    You are always so busy..

Minols..
    Hope you get the sermon wrote for your friend.. very sad…

Dave..
    Sorry you have lost two friends too, not a good start to the new year…

Hedgehog..
    A walk over the heath sounds lovely.. I have a pocket full of biscuits, cheese or sausage 😂 ..Zena is posh to have steak!! it does help..he had been a good boy these last few days..I am getting 15,000 steps in a day!! Well done on the cooking always good for the freezer easy meals..

Have a good evening..
    Jean x

HH they get on great,never had one fight always friendly,I am not hungry now after my omelette,will have an apple and an orange then that’s it another fast day tomorrow.I got a text message from my GO telling me to make an appointment to discuss my x-ray’s on my knees,not sure I like the sound of this.

Dave.,
    Hope your xrays fine and it’s just a chat…my daughters never seem to get on, then they back each if there was a row..umm

X

Morning all! Had breakfast already, I woke at 5am & was really hungry! I hope by next week I can get back to the extended fasts I did on keto before!
    Eldest son is well enough to go back to work today so will do a thorough clean of his room & the boys bathroom, youngest has been using our ensuite, so nice to not have to share a bathroom with someone when they have a stomach bug!!
    Hope everyone has a good day & keep strong those who are fasting!

Hi all 🙂 Good luck to those fasting today. I’m joining in. Work was SO busy yesterday, I’m hoping for the same today to keep me distracted, it helps! Exercise done, and walk at lunch again. Have a great day 🙂 x

Dave & Jean- I had a look at what insurance company Dad used- it’s the Civil Service Insurance Society, they do discounts for government employees/ former employees so might not be any good for either of you?
    DF- hope your FD goes well!

Hi all!

It’s been a while… but I’m back at it! Wanted to start again around October but decided to use wait until after all Christmas stuff was Over. I’m fasting on Monday and wednesdays and have joined the gym so going there Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

Weighed in at 25st 13lbs… not ideally how big I want to be.

First weigh day this Friday!!! Hopefully I’ve lost some

Good luck

Morning everyone

Busy day with enough commitments to keep me honest, I hope! And of course distract me from the hunger pangs. And in the middle of it I’m getting my hair cut so that will be a nice wee lunchtime relaxation.

Hope to go swimming with the boy this evening…I’ve ducked out for so long, I really should take the opportunity each week when he has his lesson. Trouble is, he loves going in before his lesson for ‘fun’…and I don’t do fun! I like to swim meditatively back and forwards. Still, must make myself enjoy fun cos there will come a time when he doesn’t want me anywhere near him in public!

Going to try and get lots of steps in as well, and only use the car for the very last bit of the day as we’ll have shopping and need to get home from the pool.

A lot of folk seem to have been fasting yesterday – just a few of us today. Anyone apart from DF and me?

Mx

Morning all.

I had a stir fry for dinner yesterday, and usually I don’t eat on a FD, I find it easier than trying to tally up totals. That said it was all veggies with 0 calorie noodles, so I have a rough idea how much it was worth and even with my coffee should have me at the 500 mark.

Off to try karate tonight to see if I want to rejoin or not. I think it’ll be too much for me to cope with along with everything else I’m doing to be honest, but I’m giving it a go.

Fast day for me too today,b2b, don’t like back to back but had too much on Denise’s birthday.She ordered a radio for the kitchen that’s got a CD player and a cassette player 😁she was trying to tune in the radio but it would not work.She forgot to plug it in😁😁😁😁😁.I have ordered a new flask for fishing it’s just arrived so Heidi is sniffing the box,she would make a great sniffer dog,she put her head right to the bottom of our shopping bags ever week.

Hi all,
    Im still not getting the email alerts to prompt me to get back on here!!

On Monday, I started the Fast 800 and Im doing that for 2 weeks and then revert to a version of 5:2, not sure what yet….maybe 5 x 800 and 2 non fast.
    Im finding 800 cals a day fine, although it does need planning to get the amount of protein in and Im sure I will start craving carbs soon!

Trying to increase the exercise, but rather than worry about getting the steps in, I am taking on board the fact that its regular bursts of moderate exercise thats needed, ideally 3 bursts of 10 mins every day. Well Im working up to that!

Still up and down since losing Ellie, its been 3 weeks now. We picked up her ashes last week and it felt very raw all over again.
    Im just hoping that as time goes on, I can take comfort in that we have her back home and that I can look back on nice memories rather than continually thinking back to her last day.

It seems we have some newbies as well as familiars! Welcome and hope its going ok.

Jean, how long are you over there for?

Pseu, hope you can focus on getting that essay done and more importantly find a better job.

Dave, hope the chat is to discuss the way forward for your knees. You and Denise make a right pair!

DF and Minols, good luck with the fast today.

HH, sorry that your mum is still having those forgetful moments. Hopefully time will heal and help.

Tammy, hope you feel better soon.

Has lynne (pasha) been on at all? If you are around, thinking about you.

Lots of talk about exercising first thing in the morning. That would be a real struggle these days, its hard enough getting out of bed. Im definitely a night owl.

Right, off for 20 min brisk walk….before I change my mind!

Kay x

Kay I always do 800 calories, never done 600, maybe when I have lost three stone I will move down to 600.I think Denise and I will enter a three legged race.Just had a sandwich so still got 500 calories left,don’t usually have anything until evening but Denise made it so will have to go without fruit tonight.

Morning All..
    Lovely blue sky day but chilly..

Going to school shortly invited in to do 5th birthday cake and singing for Charlotte and have lunch with her.. Miss fussy knickers this morning..

Hedgehog ..
    Have a good bug cleaning day glad son is back at work..thanks for looking at the insurance.

DF..
    Glad the exercise is kicking in have a good day..

Jessie..
    Nice to have you back..

Minols.,
    Have a good night swimming or playing …😂..always like a hair cut..

Pseu.,
    Hope the karate club works out.. don’t do too much..

Dave .
    I did laugh over the plug.. guess she’s not into new gadgets 😂

Kay.,
    We are away for three weeks.. onto last week now soon passes.. will be glad to get back on board, belts a hole tighter 😬
    You sound as if you have a plan for walking..

Have a good day all the fasters.. soon be with you we will need it..

Jean x

Had a few cups of tea but still on track to count has a fast day.Very foggy outside but no too cold.My son goes to Germany tomorrow,I hope the airport strike end’s in Germany and he is not affected by it.

Evening all!
    Jean- happy birthday to Charlotte! Lovely to be there for it..
    Kay- thinking of you, it’s early days yet, what will you do with the ashes? We have Josie in a lovely pot so she can come with us if we move.
    Jess- hi & welcome , hope you fast okay!
    Dave- hope it’s not bad news about the knees, have to get a mobility scooter each to keep up with Heidi!!
    Minols- enjoy the swimming, sounds like you’re being very active walking lots too. Miss the pool fun we used to have with the kids- we used to go with my sister & her 4 kids, Mum as well, the pool would empty of other swimmers when we got in, can’t think why!
    Pseudo- can’t think how you’ve got the energy to do karate with everything else going on, but have fun!
    Youngest son came out for a walk with Xena & I- he thought it was hilarious to run off so she’d chase him, me on the other end of the lead…or run round me so Xena would tangle me up, annoying, but lovely to have him back in high spirits after the moodiness last autumn! The deep clean went well, caught up with washing & ironing, so am putting my feet up for 15 mins! Have booked a place for our birthday meal, for some reason I was given the job, so hope the food’s good! Mum has a thing about wanting us to have a room to ourselves, not many places had one- there’ll be 17 of us, as long as the ‘Beast From the East’ round 2 doesn’t disrupt it!

Heidi would like a scooter too,I wonder if your birthday is the same date as mine, over two weeks to mine.I will have to look into getting a bus pass,not sure when I will get it.

Hi all

FD pretty much done… Porridge twice.

Dave – I have a wee scooter… Absolutely love it!

Hope everyone had a good day.
    Mx

Minols- not cool scooters, mobility ones!
    Dave- mine is the 31st January, when’s yours?
    Planning meals next few days, think I will fast again tomorrow, need to get this Christmas flab off!!

Mine is 27th

Went to the karate class, though it was a struggle not to just say screw it and go home. Nine hours of working followed by two hours karate and then a commute… I’m shattered and everything aches. On the plus side I’m too tired to eat so today is definitely a fast day.

Well done PSU.

Bed time 😁😁😁

Evening All..

Glad the fasting went well with everyone..

Our school visiting went well, the school dinners were as bad as I remember them 😂.. the cake and candles and everyone singing made her day….well two more sleeps to the proper birthday on Saturday…more cake and singing..

Hedgehog..
    Hoping you find your party venue.. a big one at 17 people..hoping to be home before the snow arrives!

Dave, Minols and Hedgehog all this talk on scooters.. wouldn’t mind one myself 😂

Pseu..
    Hope you have a good sleep tonight ..you have had a busy day…

Well it’s 💤💤💤💤💤💤for me too night night

Jean x

I’ll have a scooter too, maybe we can get a job lot for all of us! 😀

It’s amazing how much slimmer a proper FD and a bit of exercise makes me feel. It must all be psychological, but I do feel smaller.

Pseudo- well done you! That was a long day, you deserve to feel slimmer!
    Jean- sounded a lovely day- other than the school dinner!
    I’m fasting today, think I’ll probably be alone?!

Hello everyone

I’m joining you Hh, I like to fast on a Friday, I think it sets me up for the weekend. I’m half a stone down since beginning of Dec. It feels very slow but I have had Christmas in between.

My big birthday not until June, going away but may have a little bbq with friends.

Enjoy you last week Jean, how lovely to share In you granddaughters birthday and sounds like you’re loving the woof walking. Maybe not so much the coffee shops, maybe there is a niche in the market and I could move over and open a nice English tea shop.

Signed back up to yoga classes next week so hopefully won’t be needing a scooter for a little while. Talking of scooter I saw the little kids type but for adults with a little motor. I don’t know why they haven’t taken off more, they great when you haven’t got time to walk. But I think you’re not allowed to ride them on the road or pavement which doesn’t leave much option.

Hope it’s your half day Pseu, sounds like you need a rest.

Hello everyone else – inspired start to the new year

CW

Hi all
    Sorry for confusion re scooters… But I’ll have a mobility one too when the time comes… Keep my bunbme bee helmet and tear up the neighbourhood! Jean – aren’t you and Steve bikers? You’ll have all the gear… I can just imagine us riding in convoy from town to town, turning up at wee markets, grabbing a bargain and tearing out of the square!

No FD today. Just about did one yesterday, although I did have some nuts at the end of the day.

Pseu – so impressed with the karate! Have an inkling there’s a lot to do with self-control in it… Must be how you manage to work with your brother in spite of everything.

Mx

My son made it safe and sound to Germany,he has friends all over the place,he met a German friend on the train from the airport and has met up with a group of Nottingham hockey fans and they are all going to watch a game tonight then they are meeting up with some Cardiff fans tomorrow for a big game played outside.He has actually had a small glass of beer,I am very envious because German beer is lovely and he doesn’t drink,he went back to coke after.I watched a program on bbc4 last night about drinking.Two 36 year old twins one had three units of alcohol the other 21 units,it was an experiment,they were trying to sell what damage binge drinking does,they did this for four weeks.The 21units had to be consumed in a day whereas the other brother had 3 units every day for the week.The outcome was both were very bad so even drinking less than three glasses of wine a day their liver was badly affected but it would recover within a month if no more was drank.

Cakey- Well done you on being down weight wise with Christmas in the middle- I’d be chuffed at that! Right now going away for my birthday seems like a very good idea- not too happy about the responsibility of organising the meal myself; several relatives could well complain whatever it’s like! Hubby keeps muttering about wishing he’d taken me away! ( we decided not to go away because generally it snows on the day, have had to cancel plans before!!) Hope you stay strong tonight!
    Minols- yes, like the sound of us all causing trouble with our scooters!
    Dave- didn’t get to watch the program but will try to catch it, I like it when they do twins experiments, being one myself! Glad your son got to Germany okay, it sounds like he’s enjoying it!
    Not going to do a liquid fast as too cold & hungry, just having souo though. Been shopping, always hard on a FD, I’m sure I’ve bought more stuff!

Sounds like your fast day going well Hedgehogs. I’ve not had anything yet and I’m always ok in the evenings, – that’s not my munchie time. I’m planning soup too.

The good thing about planning your own birthday meal is that you are in control. I’m not a big fan of surprise parties. Nobody should complain though – its your special day so as long as you’re happy!

CW

Hi All…
    Found another coffee shop.. not too bad 😂.. they take some finding.. been looking around antique shops quite different to ours.. one village full of them.. we visit every time we come nothing bought this time..

Cakey..
    Definitely a place for English tea rooms but they are just not used.. could we temp them.. if was busy today but not enough cakes.. it wasn’t bad today about £12 for two of us normally could go to £25 which is well over the top..

Well done on your 7 lbs off that’s good going at this time of the year..

Minols..
    scooters in convoy sounds the ticket ..crash helmets too 😂

Dave..
    Sounds good fun for your son., I love Germany a while since we have been..

Hedgehog..
    Good luck on the FD not nice if too cold.. goodness I am porky up an inch around the middle..

Our big birthday this year must think what we are doing.. hiding from do’s I think 😂

Out for dinner tonight just the two of us steaks or bbq ribs??

Have a good weekend all..

Jean x

Evening,

CW, youve done well since December!! Great stuff!

Jean, sounds like you are having a lovely time, enjoy the rest of your time there.

HH, I think going away for your birthday would be the best option! Much easier!
    We are going to keep ellies ashes in the casket and put up a little shelf for her, with a photo etc. We rent so no way would we do anything else.

Dave, I meant to watch that, will get it on catch up.

Minols, I can just imagine you tearing around on a scooter, whatever kind it is!

Pseu, a long day but I think you found it an ok one in the end.

Well I didnt eat til late today and even with my planned meals, I didnt make my 800 cals, even with a huge amount of protein, so I made up my cals with a glass of red wine!
    Oops! At least I stopped at that!

For those of you who do/did keto, did you measure if your body was fat burning at all?

Im still not getting email alerts from here…tried ticking, unticking, logging in and out….

I have told my children that when I pass away I want Heidi’s ashes put in my coffin so we will be together for ever.unless I go first.

Evening All..
    Our meal was a disaster.. must of been 20 people queuing outside and in the lobby..no chance of Steve waiting, so off to Walmart, cooked chicken and baguette!! not impressed at all.. already and no where to go… may catch it for lunch next week or very early evening.. everywhere else is so naff..putting it nicely.

Kay..
    I would report you are not getting alerts, they may sort the problem out or suggest something..well done on your day and wine 😂 staying under 800 cals ..

Nice to keep her casket my daughter still has her first dogs ashes, her first baby, she keeps being on the house move. She said he will go in with her.

Dave ..
    Just read yours too.. you match my daughters thoughts.

Night night..

Jean x

Sad news from the Nestlé factory today. A night shift worker was crushed beneath a case of chocolate that fell 20 feet off the storage racking. He called for help repeatedly but every time he shouted “The Milky Bars are on me” his colleagues just cheered.
    No more information at this time 🙁
    Have a great weekend everyone

Haha Dave!
    Kay- sounds like a plan for Ellie, I hope things are a little less raw for you, although she was very special, I know…
    Jean- shame about the meal!
    Cakey- hope the soup was good, mine was!
    Did my usual Church prayer thing today, quiet & cold…cut hubby’s hair, washed the floor & now off to play bananagram with sis & mum to entertain her. She’s coming for dinner tonight too.

Morning All..
    A very rainy start.. a shame as we was going to have a treasure hunt in the garden her 9 year old brother has organised a birthday present hunt… later this afternoon should be dry..

Dave…
    I thought bad news… then laughed..

Hedgehog..
    Busy girl today, lots done.. hoping the game with mum helps to keep her busy..enjoy dinner this evening…I think we are have turkey breast roast reduced price from after xmas and Yorkshire pudds..food is very expensive here to the uk..

Park pm with the birthday girl … weather should be good by then..

Visitors passing by and we have to collect birthday cake too.. busy day doing not a lot..

Jean x

Had an omelette for dinner (lunch depending where you come from)very filling.I have just paid off my holiday to Lanzarote on my mobile phone,love technology.Will take Heidi out again whilst it’s dry and not too dark.

Finally finished my essay and assignment, though will do a few more read throughs and a bit more editing before I send it off. Will be glad to see the back of it. I’ve also sent off my first activity for the cetacean group I’m volunteering with. Going to a marine conservation talk tomorrow morning, and then hoping I can actually have an afternoon to relax before I’m back into the madness on Monday.
    Might have a few beers tonight, not really diet friendly but I feel like I deserve them after the last week.
    Hope you’re all having a good weekend, and that the weather clears up for you Jean.

What do you all eat for breakfast on non-FDs? I only do breakfast on the weekends, but I like crumpets or muffins (the bread type), which aren’t really healthy.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,601 through 20,650 (of 35,376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.