Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,887 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 16 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,551 through 20,600 (of 35,373 total)

• Hi all,
    Im back!

Weighed myself today and line firmly drawn!
    This time last year I wasnt too far off goal but Im currently well above the weight I was then.

Off for our first nrisk walk of the year.
    Will catch up with posts etc later x

Hi all, & a welcome.to the Newbies!
    Have been very bad over Christmas, & as my youngest was 18 this week it’s extended….still have 3 tubs & about 4 boxes of chocs left as well! They will have to keep…planning to getback to fasting & keto soon- feel very fat, no energy & aches & pains are back which I’ve not had on keto, so it does suit me, if Ihave the will power! I’ll be 50 at the end of the month, so there’s an incentive! 😢

I’ll be sixty five at the end of the month.Still no pension though,I am due it while I am in Lanzarote in May,so will have to look into how I get it.Lamb steak for tea tonight,can smell it cooking 😋😋😋.At least my sporting events will be cheaper, concession rate😁😁😁😀. Denise is 67 on Tuesday so don’t know if we are going out for a meal or not, probably will.

Finally home after my shift, I really hate that I don’t get a proper meal at work and am always starving when I get home and end up eating when I don’t want to.

Seems a bit quiet today, hope everyone had a good day.

Tammy

Evening All…
    Glad to see lots of people back..
    Sorry can’t turn the page as on phone..

Kay..
    Looks like our weight will be going up very nicely.. lots of wine being drunk!! I shall be with you when I am back ..

Hedgehog..
    The big 5 0 at the end of the month.. we can’t have a ‘fat fifty’.. back on the keto for you 😂

Dave..
    Birthdays for you and Denise too.. holiday to look forward too..

Tammy..
    Hope you have had a relaxing night…after a busy work day..

Sorry newbies.. glad your fasting went well.. and Pseu glad you have been allowed back in.. turned page can’t go back to write up on you..

We have had a good day, a ride out in the countryside and lunch out…awful here no lovely cakes in the pathetic cafes ☹️.. a bit of window shopping..

Have a good weekend everyone..

Jean x

Morning all, just off out to take my mum shopping, it’s a dull day , I am desperately trying to convince myself to go walking later, but the enthusiasm is just not there, will see how I feel when I’m done shopping, wont get home till at least 3.

When I was on last night only 2 people had posted, now this morning loads had, phone must of been on a go slow, so hi to everyone I missed last night.

Good luck to the fasters

Tammy

Jean I only use my phone when I am on here,very occasionally I use my laptop or Chromebook, United just come on the telly,so Denise will be shouting at it😁I will take Heidi out for a walk when it starts.Might go to Blackburn for ice hockey tonight, will see what my son is doing and what the weather is like.My parcel has just arrived from Amazon,it’s an omelette maker so may test it out later.Back to Monday and Thursday fast days next week,and must try and join an exercise class.

Morning All..
    Just waking up.. a dull day I think…a ride out somewhere as all the family are home and give them time and space to themselves ..

Tammy..
    Have a good shopping day with Mum, hope you buy something nice..

Dave.
    When I use my iPad I can settle down easier with it being larger for me .. WiFi keeps dropping here so not so good as ours at home… still loads of children’s gadgets using it…..hoping ManU won ??

Have a good weekend everyone

Jean x

After an hour United are winning 2:0.Tested the omelette maker out,did Denise an omelette salad,she scoffed it all so it must have been ok, looked nice.Dull here and 4°C so warmer than yesterday.Going to the hockey tonight we face the Murryfield Racers and their coach used to be the Manchester Phoenix coach,he is call Tony Hand.I think quiet a few old phoenix fans may go tonight.

In Blackburn,it’s a very cold rink here,got my thermal vest on😁 United won Jean if you come back on.

Bed time I think,both hockey teams won tonight,so a good night.

Morning All..
    All going well here..
    Last night we made a fire pit in the garden, sat by it for about three hours drinking wine and beer a lovely night chatting, came in at 9.30.., clearing the garden of fallen branches..

Drive out to cafe at beautiful garden and house.. nearest you come to one of our cafes..possibly the best in the area..

On Monday I must start thinking on what we are eating and drinking definitely too much.. me any way Steve is on holiday! He won’t budge till we are home.

Dave..
    Steves glad the football did well at last they seem to be improving with a few wins .

Have a good Sunday..

Jean x

Afternoon all, just home from my morning shift, and had to wake my daughter up, she is going to struggle going back to school tomorrow. Not doing much today its raining here, got the usual washing pile to get through and of cause there might be a sneaky nap!!.

Hope you all have a good day, I might fast tomorrow, not made my mind up yet.

Tammy

Afternoon all! Will try to get back into a routine as of tomorrow & will be on here more regularly- I’ve been avoiding you all the last week as scoffing my face so badly!! I won’t go near the scales for a bit, but will be back to fasting tomorrow…
    Dave- omelette maker?!what is wrong with a frying pan?! You love your gadgets…Hope you had a good walk with Heidi- I got terrified by a German Shepherd who chased after Xena & I in the woods today, she wouldn’t go back to her owner, not very friendly but at least not aggressive, Xena was okay & quite submissive so that helped, what is it with me & meeting other dogs!
    Tammy- what work do you do? Doing shift work plays havoc with eating patterns, it’s not easy! How old’s your daughter?
    Jean- enjoy the trip, so glad that Steve’s back has improved enough to be able to travel again!
    Kay- how are you doing, have you been able to face going out for walks? I avoided our usual ones for a long time & hated bumping into the other regular dog walkers, thinking of you…
    Pseudo- hope you get a balance sorted this year with all the things you want to do!
    Have been lazy today- I have another cold, it’s drizzly here, eldest has gone down with Norovirus which he got from his girlfriend, hope we don’t get it, he’s quarantined in his room!

HH you would have no worries if you bumped into Heidi,she gets on great with all dogs,the omelette maker is great to use,you just pour the mixture in and leave it for a few minutes,the lid rises when the eggs are almost done,very simple for my son to use and much cleaner.It us supposed to be able to do poached eggs and fried egg too, Denise liked them and so did my son,I have not tried them yet.Not had anything to eat yet today, will be having a roast chicken dinner so it will be a low day today and a fast day tomorrow.

Sat watching Britain’s favourite chocolate bar,and drooling,won’t be having any.My money is on a KitKat.

Hi I’M
    I have recently left my long term job (30yrs,ish)as a warden of sheltered housing, too much changes going on, had pay and hrs cut and they were expecting us to do stuff that I was just unhappy about, so I went for a total change and I now work at Tesco, I can do my job and leave, I am also having ticwatch what I earn, as hubby is not fit to work and we are now on that bloody awful Universal Credit, don’t even get me started on that lol.

My daughter will be 14 yrs in April, she is second year at high school/academy, they are in the middle of choosing subjects to take next year and she is freaking out cause she has no idea what she wants to do. Back to school tomorrow, that’s if she can get her butt out of bed lol.

Hope you have all had a good day, am sitting with a vodka my bad.

Jean the fire pit is right up my street, I love mine, I would have it lit every night, if you didn’t end up stinking of smoke.

Tammy

Well, my jogging plan is already having to be pushed to the wayside for a week, I have an essay due and barely enough time to write it. Doing a lot of job hunting at the moment too, I think I’ve hit my limit in my current job. I dreamt I’d left and I just had this huge feeling of relief.

Evening All..
    A lovely relaxing day.. a good 20 degrees quite supprised really sat outside in shorts..helped with a bit of gardening, leaf blowing I like messing with gadgets 😂..

Tammy..
    Hope you got a sneaky nap in.. all at school here tomorrow….yes I know what you mean on stinking with smoke but I did enjoy it..

Hedgehog..
    Like you we are scoffing too much to.. must pull back…hope Zena is ok after the dog scare..

Dave..
    Omelettes so easy in a pan and a quick minute under the grill…

Pseu..
    I think it’s a good idea to look around for a new job.. your brother takes advantage of you.. good luck.

Well a week down already it soon passes.. good weather for a couple of days before it goes cooler again..it’s a mixed bag here.. big highs then lows..

Jean x

Morning all, and evening to Jean 🙂

FD for me today, I’m back to my original days of Mon/Thurs. I actually managed to get in loads of exercise yesterday and did some Zumba before work this morning (I’m such an early bird) so feeling good, albeit sore! I need to keep up with the exercise because it helps my mood so much.

Hope everyone has a good day, stay strong if you’re fasting 🙂

Has anyone heard from Hemmy? I know she came back for a while. I do hope she’s doing okay, such a lovely person 🙂

x

Morning all!
    Jean- hope you enjoy the good weather for the next few days, some nice walks with Max as well as gardening? How is SIL healing?
    Dave- hope you have a big house with all those gadgets?! Hope your FD goes well!
    Pseudo- good luck with job hunting, awful going to work when you hate the job…
    Tammy- good for you not sticking at the job if they’re making cuts, I bet the oldies miss you though. Tough times for your daughter, it is hard when they don’t know what they want to do, & who does at 14! Just go with what she enjoys and a broad range…
    Kay- are you fasting today?
    Back to fasting now, must behave today! I have to take mum out to sort out bank accounts, nothing else planned.

Hedgehogs we posted at the same time! Have a good day, lets stay strong 🙂 Hope all goes well with your mum and the bank accounts, I can imagine its not the best thing to be doing *hugs*

Hi everyone
    A late morning post for me, but just wanted to log in with everyone else and declare the aim to lose 2stone this year and keep it off! Most importantly, I’m going back to all the walking – not just throughout the day, but I want to try and get some early morning faster walks in if the boy will let me.

So fasting today – made up a pan of roast veg soup yesterday. Roast them in minimal fat and lot of curry spice, and then just added the stock I had in the freezer from Christmas’ roast chicken. Off to have my first tub. I plan to have another tub tonight before heading across country for a meeting this evening – using the ‘keeping busy’ approach to fasting!

Lovely to have read back through some of the newbies, and to hear something from the ‘oldies’ (big birthday in 2 weeks, so have to start respecting grey hairs!)

Hope everyone has a good day – especially if you’re fasting.

Mx

PS Pseu -good luck with the essay…and glad to hear you’re looking around for nother job.

Thanks Minols 🙂

Intending to fast today, not had anything so far, might go and make a cup of coffee in the bit. Will likely be busy with the essay until fairly late tonight so I’m hoping that’ll keep my mind off food.

When are you back Jean? Sounds like you’re having a nice time, I liked the sound of the firepit!

DF, I’m the opposite, a total night person. There’s no way I could do zumba first thing! Good on you.

Minols, the soup sounds good, I think I need to branch out into more soups this year. After Christmas my aim in to lose about 2 stone too, Maybe a bit less, I’m still going more by my clothes than weighing, but have definitely put on in December!

Tammy, at least there aren’t many calories in vodka. 😀

Morning all.
    Fasting today. Just had some yummy home made curried veg soup for 130 calls. I quite like fast days. At home today do am keeping busy

Morning All..
    A grey sky but supposed to be warmer than yesterday, Steve caught the sun..

We are having a roam today… must really try for a fast day.. felt awful last night with too much sugar..feeling quite porky around my middle!!

DF..
    What energy first thing in the morning.. I was reading a 5am start makes all the difference to your day, in bed at 10.30.. Hemmy has been missing for a while, she was at goal maybe she is bored with our loosing weight talk..shame I miss her..

Hedgehog..
    Love messing with the leave blower saying gardening was stretching it a bit, Steve was cutting tree bits with the electric saw..hence the fire pit…. having fun messing about!!.
    SIL grumpy with his hand.. leg ok now.. taking lots of tablets for pain, it’s driving my daughter barmy.. dressing him, helping with plastic bags so plaster doesn’t get wet, cutting food up.. I dressed him the other morning ‘men’ comes into mind.. 😂

Tammy..
    Always good to get out of a job when they are taking advantage of you.. I merchandised in supermarkets for a while I enjoyed it..glad the job is going well..

Minols… A plan for the year ahead.. must look at soups myself.. more walking for me too..

Pseu..
    Back on the Saturday the 19th.. there isn’t a real lot to do here it’s more the family visit… I don’t think much to America in general it’s a vast sprawling country, food not good either …good luck on your essay today..a weight plan for you too..

Janny..
    Have a lovely day at home don’t work too hard..

Up time. Dog walk ..

Jean x

Wet and miserable here today,not been up long,I don’t feel to good, would have stayed in bed but got up to take my tablets and then had a shower.Fasr day today,easy up to now,may go out and get drenched taking Heidi for a walk.I will put my long coat on, Denise calls it my Herr Flick coat😁 but it keeps me dry.

Janny- I love soup on Fds, hope your day goes okay!
    Minols- you too, keep busy!
    Dave- Herr Flick made me laugh, I love allo allo! Hope you don’t get too wet!
    Psudo- hope the essay & the fasting go okay today!
    DF- did you put on much over Christmas? Hope your day goes okay…
    Jean- keep Steve in check, hope the SIL isn’t too annoying!
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone!
    Poor mum was pretty emotional today, still very forgetful. She loves to play word games, keeps asking sis & I to cone over & play, even when we’ve already spent all morning with her! She has found a few local things to do though, so hopefully she’ll keep busy & not need us quite so much!
    Fasting going okay…

517 calories so far,so a good fast day,it stopped raining so I took Heidi out and then the heavens opened💦💦💦 Will check the weather now, will go out if dry,must find my torch.

Survived 1st FD for a couple of weeks- more cups of coffee than normal so easing in! Spent evening googling recipes for son to get him to eat healthier, going shopping tomorrow. Not helping the hunger!!

Just been reading you have to do 12,000 steps per day to lose one pound,never going to do half that,I must add up my TDEE calorie allowance just to see what it is.Its 18690 for a week.So I will try and go at least 400 below on food days and 1800 on fast days and see how that works out.

Evening all

Had planned a fast day, got up late, I too am a night owl, then started watching you tube, you know instead of going for the walks I promised!!!!, anyway ended up watching some thing with beef stroganoff, so guess what ended up being for tea, oh and I had to open a bottle of wine for it, which me and hubby have finished, so all in all I think we shall just forget today happened, I will never be thin !!!!

Have a good evening
    Tammy

That’s one thing I do right,I don’t drink alcohol in the house except for Christmas and New year,a real social drinker,I only drink beer normally,I like wine but if I never have wine again it wouldn’t bother me at all.

https

For Steve

Afternoon All..,

Picked up three new tops just went out and about, coffee shop.. not a lot to do really.. just family stuff..

Dave.,
    Thanks for Man U stuff.. hope you managed the walk with your big coat on..

Hedgehog.,
    Sorry to hear Mum is a bit confused.. it’s hard work..eaten less today but it’s hard.. no lunch for us..

Dave..
    Quite a lot of steps I am getting that in while I am here…

Tammy..
    Always another day.. too hard for us..we have done well then it’s jacketss and steak tonight, it’s too hard when 7 to cook for..

Sleep tight tonight 😁

Jean x

Afternoon All..,

Picked up three new tops just went out and about, coffee shop.. not a lot to do really.. just family stuff..

Dave.,
    Thanks for Man U stuff.. hope you managed the walk with your big coat on..

Hedgehog.,
    Sorry to hear Mum is a bit confused.. it’s hard work..eaten less today but it’s hard.. no lunch for us..

Dave..
    Quite a lot of steps I am getting that in while I am here…

Tammy..
    Always another day.. too hard for us..we have done well then it’s jackets and steak tonight, it’s too hard when 7 to cook for..

Sleep tight tonight 😁

Jean x

Going to be a late night, hockey just starting.

Morning folks.

Yesterday was low but not a fast day, had some left over veggie lasagne in the fridge, so finished that off. Really struggling getting enough sleep, I always struggle in the week but getting back into it after Christmas is especially hard. Trying to write my essay last night and just kept nodding off, so ended up having to go for a nap and then doing my maths questions at midnight.
    I could really do with an extra day off to catch up on my sleep and get cracking on my essay, and it’s only Tuesday. Oh dear.

Has anyone seen Blackfish? I watched it ages ago but I’ve been watching interviews from some of the people in it, fascinating but harrowing.

Hi everyone 🙂

HH – I’m about 6 pounds up on what I was this time last year. It could be worse, but I’m annoyed that I got to maintenance and then went off track with things. I need to realise that this has to be a way of life, and that the pounds do creep back on if you don’t keep up at least 1 fast a week. Hopefully I can get back down to where I was, feeling positive 🙂

Jean – I think that’s probably what it is with Hemmy, I definitely stopped coming on here more when I got to maintenance, but here I am again .. the pounds never fail in returning! Need them gone again, and then do maintenance properly this time 🙂

Pseu – I’m with you on the sleep. I don’t get anywhere near the sleep I need in the week, I’m so tired by weekend.

Low day for me today, and I’ve done my workout, I do find a morning work out sets me up for the day, feels great!

Have a positive day x

Morning all.

Just about managed to fast yesterday – had some cheese right at the end because some back pain was leaving me queezy after my drive west.

Planning to keep things controlled today. I’m working from home this morning, and there’s not a lot in the house to tempt me, which helps!

Sad job of starting to prepare a funeral for someone who, over the last couple of years, has become a friend. So much easier helping families you don’t really know than ones where I’m sad, too.

Oh well.
    Mx

Denis’s birthday today so going out for a meal, definitely not a fast day today,my birthday in a few weeks so January is not good for losing weight.

Hello everyone happy new year. Back again for another go. Not quite back to where I was this time last year but close. My first FD so hopefully I can stay strong. Always tough to do a gym session on an FD but hopefully I’ll get a benefit from the calorie deficit. Best wishes.

Mstar- welcome back! Hope the workout’s okay!
    Dave- hope Denise has had a good birthday, & have a nice meal out ! Are the different painkillers helping her?
    Tammy- that’s the good thing with this WOE- you can swap FDs about so don’t have to feel guilty!
    Pseodo- doing maths that late would definitely be a waste of time for me, I wouldn’t get my head around it!
    DF- 6lbs isn’t bad, I could put that on in a week!!
    Minols- thinking of you, a toug thing to do, but also a great privilege for a friend…
    Jean- enjoy the family time!
    Feel shattered tonight, haven’t done any more than usual! Xena did well at her training class, she’s now being moved up to the next class! I’ll miss cuddling the new puppies though! Took mum shopping, have done lots of cooking for hungry lad/ convalescing one…
    I’ll be fasting again tomorrow, anyone else?

Just finished working on the essay for the evening, too brain fried to carry on. Pretty peckish, but don’t have the energy to cook, so that’s good I suppose.

Evening All..
    A beautiful day again .. a lovely wake up call at 6.30 Charlotte wanted me to go to school with them.. umm a bit early 😂

DF..
    You will soon move 6 lbs it’s just annoying to loose maintenance as I know so well..well done on your training morning..

Minols..
    Your job is so sad at times.. hope it goes as well as it can..

Dave.,
    Hope Denise enjoys her birthday and the meal is good..

Michelinstar…
    Welcome back..hope the gym went well..

Hedgehog.,
    Zenas gone up a class.. I think Maxi would do with a go at that.. he is not too bad but could do better.. it’s the squirrels what make him naughty..

Pseu..
    Good the essays done.. it must be hard to get back into education..

Night night to you all.,

Jean x

Had a nice meal,way too many calories but enjoyed it.Her new tablets seem to be helping and she is doing physio.Will have to try a couple of low days now.

Essay isn’t done, just I’m done for the night. Wish it was done, finding this one really hard to get finished. 🙁 So, so exhausted. Just want to sleep for a year. I hate being this drained, makes everything seem like too much effort.
    Still hungry, ate a bit of leftover Philadelphia, hoping that it didn’t take me over my cals since I’ve also had three coffees with cream. Should be just under 500 I think.

Morning all!
    Pseudo- hope that you get a bit more sleep, & can concentrate on your uni work. You’ve got a few years of this ahead!
    Jean- that is not an early start in my book!! Lovely to have time with the grandchildren. Poor Max- must be terribly tempting having squirrels to chase! Xena hasn’t seen any yet…
    Dave- you can have a FD to make up for the meal, got to celebrate!
    Woke up quite hungry, not good as I’m fadting!

Viewing 50 posts - 20,551 through 20,600 (of 35,373 total)

You must be logged in to reply.