Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 4 hours, 57 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,301 through 20,350 (of 35,381 total)

• Calling it a finish of fast day….food wise good…plenty of cough mixture and finishing the day with two hot toddies…unfortunately Steve brought fat lemonade, I haven’t said anything, hoping I feel better tomorrow..these are not counted…

Night night

Xx

I was not far behind you Jean,went to bed at 10pm, avoided the temptations of cake,that’s why I am up early, didn’t enjoy going to bed at that time and won’t do it again.A good fast day though.Sick of all this Brexit talk,I will be glad when it’s all over.

Morning all, very tired, didn’t get in until late, and then up at 6 again this morning.
    I enjoyed WOTW, but they did drag out some of the songs a bit. Liam Neeson had recorded the narrator parts, but as he wasn’t there they had him as a hologram on the stage, which seemed a bit pointless – it looked good but it would have made more sense to just have another actor playing him on stage, especially since they already had someone else doing his singing parts. I also thought the big fighting machine on the stage would have moved more. Glad I saw it but wasn’t blown away.
    Was going to fast today, but having got very little sleep and having to drive to work from the opposite direction after sleeping in my parents house I don’t feel quite with it so I think NFD for me.

Hope you’re feeling better today Jean.

I’m sick to death of Brexit talk as well.

I think I would prefer Richard Burton doing the narration,his hologram looked good.

Morning All…
    A foggy day…drizzly too..

Still feel not so good…my chest really hurts, I start coughing, can’t stop and then I am sick…another duvet day…

Steve is taking grandson to London overnight, going to see about a uni course …so I am without my ‘nurse’ typical!

A very early night for you Dave…not like you..

A shame the war of the worlds didn’t blow you away Pseu…the music is so good….hope you manage through the day if you are tired…

We should walk away from the EU with no deal and get on with it…the world wont stop because we leave!…everyone is so negative especially the BBC…maybe get the MPs to work for their money or sack them!

Jean x

Hi everyone,
    My name is Mim and I have been doing the 5:2 for about 2 weeks now. I haven’t seen any losses on the scales yet (14 Stone 3), but have noticed a slight loosening in my jeans.
    Anyway I have been watching the forum for a few days now and just wanted to say hi because you all seem like such a friendly bunch…
    Mim

Hi all – and especially Mim…welcome. A good friendly bunch even if some of us have a few days away every now and again (usually weekends for me, as life gets even more manic then) Mim – the weight can do funny things, so if your clothes feel looser take that as a win, because actually that’s what we really want! The weight is just the number that backs that up, and it WILL catch up eventually!

Kept it light over the weekend but didn’t fast yesterday because it was the Guild Christmas lunch. I don’t think I ate excessively as these things go, but regret now having the wee roll with the soup, having the roasts with the salmon…never regret the pot au chocolat! Apart from that, I just had a few nibbles the rest of the day. The boy gave me a lecture about another meal missed with them and made me sit down at the table and eat some cheese because he’s never allowed to miss meals!

Pretty tired today, and conscious I need to sustain myself for the long haul, so I may not do a proper fast this week, ay just keep my days low and try to make them healthy rather than too junky. I know what I’m like if I get over tired and then compound the problem by simply hitting caffeine and sugar. I have a very nutricious soup in the fridge made from the leftovers of a beef casserole and veg at the weekend. I might have that sooner rather than later as I’m having trouble getting started on my work today.

Jean – you sound so rough, my dear…hope you’re able to take it really easy, stay warm and get completely better. you have too big a January planned to allow December to wipe you out!

Going to quickly flip back to the previous page to see what I missed over the weekend.

Have a good day everyone.
    Mx

Mim…
    Welcome to our corner, it’s lovely to see your clothes getting a bit looser….always a good idea to take some measurements I did at the beginning bust, waist, hips and top of legs, do it once a month it’s suprising how you see the fat melt away..

Keep popping by and get to know us…

Minols..
    Always busy, nice to get into bother not eating with the family…he keeps an eye on you…lol…there will be a lot of meals over December it’s ducking and diving month and changing of fast days..just doing the best we can…

I am better ill now than later in the month…I am never ill !…it’s hard keeping a surprise hope daughter doesn’t find out…lol…think I might join you in a soup lunch, still it will be a tin not quite the same as fresh.

Jean x

Welcome Mim,a very friendly bunch on here.I came very close in Sainsbury’s,I picked up a big bar of chocolate but put it down again😕🙃 Denise is always complaining about only having fruit and nut,she doesn’t like nuts so today she found a bar of raison chocolate so she bought it.

About time Denise got to treat herself, Dave. It’s hard keeping fasters company sometimes!

I giggle at the thought of you keeping the secret, Jean! Love doing it, but I’m useless at it! Currently the boy has no clue what he’s getting for Christmas – just that his Da thought of something brilliant and found a man in Germany to make it especially for him (Pokémon chess set!). Reminds me a bit of the Big Bang Theory episode when the boys got a 3D printer and made models of themselves ‘for free’ (except for the cost of the printer!). Had a young lad here come up with the ‘fund-raising’ idea for charity of doing the same…he was so serious about it, I had to work really hard not to laugh.

Anyway. Giving up on the office – it’s taken me all day to get warm, so now I’m going to go out into the cold and walk to Tesco – left my card there the other evening, and besides, we need something for tea! Haven’t planned ahead this week…shock, horror!

Mx

Chicken stir fry for tea😋😋😋. hockey after midnight,not sure I will stay awake😴😴😴,how y’all doing🤠

Dave..
    Well done with the chocolate…nice Denise has found something she likes…I had a small pork pie for lunch and I had prawns and a bread cake for tonight..can’t be bothered with being on my own..Steve stuffing his face at a Premier Inn…..I might go till tomorrow night without eating..then eat with Steve…cut some meals out..we will be fasting Thursday..

Minols..
    What a lovely present for the boy…see you sitting and doing it at unearthly hours…you must be very keen..hope you find your card….

I hope the secret holds…I will let you all know if it gets blown…

Feeling very tired but think the coughing is slowing down..

Jean x

I was going to fast today but sat in the office at work, bored with nothing to do, had me eating 2 choc biscuits out of a box left open in the kitchen!
    Initially I counted the cals of them, about 130 in total, and I thought I could still continue with a FD, but alas the hunger monster had been awakened so resolve disappeared when I got home.
    I think I’ll be fasting on Thursday, unless we have plans to do something as its Neils 2 days off. If I dont fast on Thurs it will def be Friday. Still hoping to drop a couple of pounds in next 2 weeks.

Jean, hope you start feeling better soon. Keep that secret under wraps!

Minols, sounds you are starting your busy busy time…enjoy! What a great idea about the chess set!

Dave, Im sure you will stay awake tonight after your early night last night!

Welcome Mim 🙂

Im looking forward to a lay in tomorrow as Ive not been having good sleeps. This morning I was woken up at 6 by an ambulance at next door neighbours. I think she is ok but they took her in and Ive not seen her husband back home yet.
    I dont think I got to sleep much before 3am, and the last few nights Ive been awake in the early hours, so it will start catching up with me!
    After tonight Neil has 2 days off, so we should be able to go to bed earlier!

Lynne, HH, CW, Tabby, hope your day has been ok.

Pseu, shame that WofW didnt fully hit the spot, but nice you went to see it.
    For me, there is only one narrator and thats Richard Burton, I can hear his voice now….’No-one could believe…’
    Dont quite get the hologram thing…

Kay x

Evening all!
    Jean- hope you & Steve soon feel better. You should take it easy! Well done for fasting through it…
    Pseudo- have a lovely time with your mum. How is your dad?
    KL- thinking of you…
    Kay- stay strong, hope things settle with your job!
    Dave- 😇 indeed!
    Minols- hope you resist all the Christmas goodies which will no doubt be offered the next couple of weeks!
    Lynne- thinking of you, hope your homework & exam goes well!!
    Cakey- hooe you don’t get held up with the traveling, stay strong…I’m not doing a Christmas cake this year, I usually do a little one for me & others to give away, but can’t be bothered!
    Tabby- hope you’re over the cold.
    Got quite a bit done with mum yesterday, after spending an hour on the phone listening to my aunt going on about how bad mum was with her over the weekend & what they’d worked out between them for a banking system mum could understand- but mum says something different to me! Sigh! I’m sure I have a mild phobia of forms- as soon as I have one to fill in I panic & my brain freezes…have been a big girl today & braved them to help mum, all were okay! FD was fine, but have eaten more than usual today! Busy day today- dog training, saw mum, shopping & then put up some meagre Christmas decorations- too much temptation for Xena so not putting up much!

Sorry- missed a whole page of posts, welcome mim!

Evening All…
    My posts are not coming in on e mail!…my box is ticked..must keep a watch…

Kay..
    Join us on the Thursday fast..it’s a bad time with choccies about…hope your neighbours ok too much sadness about…

Hedgehog..
    Forms are always a nightmare it’s not just you…I’m glad Steve doesn’t mind them…you seem to have been busy..

Going to watch ‘our Yorkshire farm‘ ch 5…I think they are all amazing ..

Jean x

Still not opened the chocolates yet,but getting harder, resistance is futile but will hold on for as long as I can🍫🍫🍫

Managed to stay awake,one period to go and winning 2-1

Morning all!
    Dave- hope the will power held…bought chocolate donuts for the boys yesterday & they were calling me all evening! I resisted…🍩 😇
    Joining in the mince pie debate from a couple of days ago- I’m not making my own, going to try some sour cherry & chocolate ones from Waitrose if I can get them, they keep selling out! Have decided it’s pointless to try & stay keto over Christmas!
    Taking mum to drop off some of dads Church account stuff- we already gave about 4 boxes to the vicar but she found some more! Then a post office trip is needed; our local one has closed down, great timing…Not fasting today as Mum’s coming for dinner!

Morning folks.

HH, cherry and chocolate mince pies?! 😮 They sound lovely!

I’m planning today as an FD, but last week and this week I haven’t been in the fasting mood, it’s tough in the run up to Christmas, I don’t have any parties until the 23rd, but I still just want to eat, drink and be merry. Not to mention trying to lose weight before Christmas seems a bit futile. I’ll see how it goes.

Any healthier today Jean?

HI All.

Just got to my desk, and wondering how long it’s going to be to get the office warmed up today! Really cold in an old stone building, and I get no sunshine…if the sun even comes up today! Going to try to fast with you, Pseu – but also a little doubtful, cos I know Jock has brought lovely things into the kitchen! A low day would be good enough, and a FD even better!

HH – so difficult trying to help your Mum sort out, and figure out things that she wasn’t responsible for but which now need doing…so confusing for her. You’re so patient and thoughtful, though, I’m sure you and your sister will get things to work.

We’re family angst-ing over Christmas. Without thinking, I’d put in a silly plea for Christmas dinner on Boxing Day as we’ll be travelling down Christmas afternoon/evening. It’s the first time in 15 years I’ve made it ‘home’ when everyone else will be there, and the first time I’ll have had a Christmas dinner in that time. But I hadn’t thought about my sister’s family – young adults who are probably coming for the last time, and probably not completely convinced they want to be there! They’re good kids, but they’d really like the specialness of the dinner on the day – or what’s the point! So I now need to persuade my Mum to do it that way, because (despite my wee spoilt brat moment – I am the youngest, so what else do you expect!) the important thing is that we’re getting to see everyone for the first time in I don’t know how long! And it’s not as if the boy will be missing out, because he’s never had a Christmas dinner or anything tradaitional so doesn’t know what he’s missing! We have a problem in our family with taking the ‘martyrdom’ posture, so I need to do all this in a way that shows I really am fine with it (and I am), and not sound like I’m some sort of martyr willing to suffer so that others get their dinner even if I’m just living on left-overs!

Families, eh!

I quite like mine – but we do make me laugh!

Mx

Morning All..
    Thought I better get out of bed and shake myself up….feeling really really grotty….I am never ill, only get a cold type thing once in every four years but when I get it…it’s usually a good one…I have given in and had some paracetamol, goes against my new way of thinking….I am collecting Steve from the train station at 6, so must feel better to drive….

Dave..
    Hope your team won..well done on the chocolates…..Steve will soon be declaring Christmas trying to hold out if I can….

Minols..
    What a lovely Christmas you are having with all your family…a difficult one Christmas dinner…it will all sort it’s self out….you are allowed a benny being the youngest, I am the youngest too……it’s the first Christmas I am having beef…69 years of turkey 😂..still I don’t mind our friends are lovely company, it will be different.

Hope you are warming up and not too much temptation in your way…my daughter was saying how cold the bedroom is (where we are staying), all the Xmas presents are in there and she was showing me what she had bought for the children..only passing comment I think, saying her air ducts are not balanced …maybe we need our thermals on 😂 definitely not shorts.

Hedgehog..
    Not sure on your pies, I haven’t seen them, sour cherries?? Umm…you seem to have an awful lot of paper work to do, lots of boxes for the church, …is it nearly finished..

Pseu..
    We will be declaring Christmas soon..Steve will get his Christmas head on…line will be drawn in the New Year….there won’t be much weight lost on here now parties etc are starting…

Just heard from Audrey, she has got to goal and looks great…she asked to be remembered to you all..

Jean x

My team won 4-1 so it was worth staying up.i checked my email about winning the lottery and won £2-70😁.Got another email this morning saying I have won again 😁😁, probably the same,third time lucky.😁😁😁. Seeing I got up late I may turn today into another fast day, will wait and see but I am feeling peckish.

Dave…
    Hope there’s not too much snow…..looks like very cold if not…might be on the high ground…

Going to pick Steve up shortly seems like they have had a good productive trip…bored now as he waits for the train, says its very cold.

Been a bit better this afternoon it usually starts again about now…

Jean x

Hopefully you will feel better Jean, still no food today so a good fd.

Good evening everyone what a few days we have had my daughter was rushed in to hospital on Sunday she Collapsed on Sunday morning when she was at church she is very poorly they have done a scan and it is showing she has had a bleed on her brain at the moment they have her in a induced coma as they say she also has swelling on her brain, her baby girl was born on Sunday night by C-section and is doing well , I am so worried about her and have been with her since she got taken in I am home to have a shower and a change of clothes her hubby and her dad is with her can you keep her in your thoughts don’t know when I will get on again but will try and let you know

Tabbby…
    I am so sorry to hear about your daughter…lots of love and hugs to you and your family , hoping they can soon give you good news..

Congratulations on the safe delivery of your new Granddaughter …

Jean x

Tabby- will be praying for your daughter, what an awful thing to happen…God bless xx
    Jean- hope you’re over the worst & hope that Steve had a good day…
    Minols- my family are martyrs too, hope you sort the dinner issues out! My inlaws were the best martyrs- they made a big thing about not eating Christmas dinner on the day if we weren’t seeing them, & had it Boxing Day, then MIL would do the washing up all by herself & spend the rest of the day cleaning the oven…Families eh! (& I am the youngest too, had 2 years of being the spoilt only child after the others had left home, they were very jealous!)
    Dave- hope you resisted the choc temptations better than I did the donuts…I slipped at lunchtime today!
    Pseudo- do you need to be slinky for the Dec 23rd party, will that give you some willpower?
    Cakey- hope the travelling wasn’t too bad yesterday…
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone!
    Got everything done today, all cards posted, made banana cake for son, & chocolate mousse for pudding ( none for me, but I did scrape the bowls out!)
    Fasting tomorrow- I hope!

Tabbby, so sorry to hear about your daughter, how frightening, we’ll all be thinking of you.

Morning guys, yesterday was an FD in the end, I was exhausted (again) so went straight to bed when I got home, was only up a few hours and then went back to sleep. Still shattered.
    Not sure about today either, there’s hardly any food in the house, but I’m not feeling up for fasting really… see how it goes.
    HH, the party is just a sit down dinner so not as bothered about feeling slinky as I would be for a proper party. I’ve just got my fingers crossed they don’t sit me next to my sister-in-law who has annoyingly joined all the same social clubs I’m in. Excellent willpower on not making any chocolate mousse for yourself!
    How are you today, Jean? At least it’s early enough it should be out of your system for Christmas… and the surprise holiday.
    Did you manage the FD Minols?

Ha, looks like we’re mostly made up of the youngest sibling – I am too!

Morning all…
    Xena woke just after 5am so am tired! And hungry already, cold & have earache…not sure that I’ll be able to fast & stay strong!!
    Some Christmas shopping to get done today, normally woud’ve had it all done by now.
    Have a good day anyone else fasting!

Morning all

Thinking of you, your daughter and the family, Tabby. We don’t expect you to get on here, but just in case you’re checking, know that you’re held in our thoughts and prayers.

Nearly a FD yesterday – caved at the end, but as long as all my days are lowish right now, I’ll take that! Porridge a lot today, and a small meal with the boys – I’m getting one of their favourites out of Asda, so no-one will worry if my portion is small as long as they get more! But I have a meeting for a church I have oversight of this evening, and because I don’t really know them yet I need to be on the ball, so I’m giving them my very best… al little bit like when your kids friends come round to play – your boy can fall down the stairs and it’s his own fault, but you feel terrible if one of his friends does!

Pseu – I wish I could sleep through FDs, too! That or work non-stop are the best way to make them pass!

HH – we should introduce your Xena to my boy…they can amuse each other at ‘silly-o-clock’!

Mx

Morning all, today I am off to London to celebrate an important an event. Its a meal out at a restaurant. I have checked out the menu already so I think I can make good choices, even though it is a non fast day for me.
    Hope you all have a good day too…

Morning All..
    We have just got up…feeling better but a long way to go, always really bad in the morning…..Steve grotty too, it took it out of him going to Wembley too much walking but managed, still off colour and chesty too…funny sort of bug….a bad cold but all internal..

We are fasting but cough stuff will put a damper on the calorie count…

Tabby…
    Our thoughts are with you…

Pseu…
    Sounds as if you are coming down with something or is it you are just too busy at work….

Hedgehog..
    Hope you haven’t got the bug, ear ache is a starter and cold although mine all on the chest…🤞 it isn’t.

By the way the bread turned out quite well, the Italian I think was the best…my flabby middle is showing the damage something else I can’t make!!!, my pizza stone has been put away!

Minols..
    Hope your meeting all goes well today…your boy will be getting excited…

Mimlette…
    Enjoy your London trip and your dinner, it all sounds exciting…..line drawn for the new year…Christmas is thank goodness once a year…😂

Have a good day especially to the fasters if you can….

Jean x

Going to mother in law’s soon,got to take Heidi out first,not had anything to eat yet but unsure if it will be another fast day,only time will tell.Tabby I hope your ok and your daughter,Jean on the mend so hopefully in good form for Christmas.

In sunny Warrington, still not had any food but may call at a chip shop on the way home, depends what Denise and Peter want.Could still be a FD.

Evening All..
    A definitely duvet day for both of us…not moved all day…no makeup, hair needs washing, looking a sketch!!🤒

Fast day completed two egg omelette for tonight…finished now….

Dave did you do chip shop…..😵….it’s freezing outside….

Jean x

Still at MIL traffic will be bad so waiting awhile before leaving.Had a blue ribbon,she is trying to feed me but turned food down.

Evening all!
    Tabby-thinking of you & been sending prayers for your daughter today…
    Minols- best behaviour tonight then! Hope the meeting goes well; how many Churches are you responsible for?
    Jean-hope you feel better soon xx
    Dave- hope you get back through the traffic okay, keep away from the chip shop!!
    Mim- enjoy the meal out, very impressed that you’re even thinking about watching calories for a celebration meal! I wouldn’t, but maybe I don’t get out enough!
    Pseudo- hope you’re day’s not been too fraught, & hope you can catch up on some sleep tonight!
    Been busy again today so have managed to fast, nearly done with the Christmas shopping. Not a liquid FD though, have made soup.

Ugh, have just remembered why I usually do liquid fasts- feel hungrier now that I’ve eaten than I did before 😡! And ironing to do 😢

In the chippy😋😋😋

I think the wheels will come off now,just ordered https://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/velvetiser-hot-chocolate-machine.html
    Hot Chocolate Machine | The Velvetiser | Barista … – Hotel Chocolat
    So plenty of calories will be coming my way😁

Tabby, really hope you get some positive news about your daughter, how worrying..

Dave, I had fish and chips tonight too…. hot chocolate machine, never seen those before.

Jean and Steve, hope you start feeling better soon.

Pseu, it sounds like you might be going down with the bug or working too hard, or both! Look after yourself. I too am still hanging on to the idea of losing a pound or 2 before christmas, but the days are creeping away. Im not going to be buying much extra stuff anyway and will skip some meals and fast where I can totry and balance out the other days.

Mim, impressed you were thinking ahead to being sensible at your meal out! Hope you enjoyed it.

HH, hopefully the forms will get less very soon.

Minols, hope your evening went ok. Good luck in trying to convince your family that you really dont mind after all!

Yesterday,I made lots of mince pies and some bread – well the bread maker did!
    And last night we went up to the pub for couple of hours, although it was quieter than usual for a Wednesday as the bell ringers werent there. The pub kitten was teasing Ellie again, quite funny.

Ellie is starting to decline as the sores around her nose are getting worse and starting to restrict her breathing. Taking 1 day at a time but trying to prepare ourselves….

Fasting tomorrow, Neil is back to work and on lates, so I’ll have to be strong and find things to keep me busy.

Best try and get aome sleep….

By the way, Im the youngest of 3 too…

Kx

Kay- poor Ellie, big hugs to her, sounds like you might have that difficult decision to make soon…know how hard that is xx
    Dave- a hot chocolate machine, you’re very bad!
    Had breakfast already, I think it must be because it’s so cold that I’m extra hungry…I usually skip breakfast too!
    Taking Xena out later to meet a friend & her daughter at a park, will have to wrap up!

Morning folks.

Definitely cold this morning, had to scrape ice off the car.
    I’m not coming down with anything, just mega busy and have a lot on my mind – mainly career/study/work related though so nothing health related (other than the ongoing issues with dad, but that’s a constant).
    My industry career advisor told me to start getting in all the contacts and experience possible as soon as possible so I volunteered for a project from home redesigning and illustrating educational packs for one of the cetacean organisations, which is a good opportunity but is another thing to think about, hoping to get a lot of it done over Christmas when I have a few weeks break from uni work. I did volunteer to do porpoise surveys too, but was told I live too far away. I find so many jobs and volunteering opportunities I want to do, but all of it is too far away or just a short contract that I can’t risk giving up my job for. Ah well, early days.
    Not an FD yesterday, can’t see me getting in another one this week, but that’s fine. Half day today as usual, roll on 12.

Morning All..
    This morning is the best I have been all week, not so chesty and coughing is easing…still a whoosy head…..Steve was getting better now he is feeling really grotty again…but I think there’s improvement!

We are holding our own this week, staying the same weight….

Dave..
    A chocolate machine!!…enough said….it’s like my pizza stone for my homemade bread it’s back in the cupboard now.. a good idea at the time 😂

Hedgehog..
    Glad your Christmas shopping is nearly finished…hope you finished your FD and was strong..enjoy your meet up and park walk…

Kay..
    Poor Ellie…take each day as it comes…you will know when you have to make the awful decision…she has definitely been a fighter she managed an extra two years, she has done really well..

Pseu..
    You have a lot on your plate..uni work will keep you busy these next few years…

Tabbby..
    Thinking of you, hoping your daughter is starting to feel better…

Mim..
    Hoping you are enjoying your time in London…

Cakey..
    Are you back home yet? Hoping the trip went well…

Jean x

So, back from London and straight into a fast day… The meal went well, and the planning was such a good idea.
    Today is going so slowly. I haven’t had breakfast yet and it heading into the afternoon already, so I am doing well I thinks… These fast days always seem to go so slowly for me, early to bed me thinks…

Mim..
    Glad the food planning went well …it sometimes doesn’t …good luck on today..

Just going out for a breather outside a bit of food shopping..freezing here..long sleeved top on the first of the season 😂

Jean x

I think the chocolates will be out very soon,can’t resist much longer,11 days till Christmas so resistance is futile.Very cold here today only 2°c at the moment,brrrrrrr.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,301 through 20,350 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.