Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,822 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 17 hours, 4 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,201 through 20,250 (of 35,307 total)

• Hello

A lovely festive day today visiting the Christmas market, then a quiet relaxing afternoon sorting some Christmas decs, presents and cards.

2 lbs off this week then 1 of them crept back on over the weekend. But the trend is still the right way.

Off to London this week. Only for one day and it’s fairly packed but booked a later train home so that I might get an hours Christmas shopping done.

A Christmas baby, how exciting Tabby, but how on earth did you end up in A&E

Hope everyone is keeping warm and well (or on the mend). Looking for good fun family games for Christmas. I think we need some new ones – any recommendations
    CW

Chicken was lovely, Heidi likes it when we have chicken,we give her the legs and wings mixed with Iams biscuits.Tabby my knee feels much better now so back to normal.

Jean it is very hard when you see them being put through the ringer and not being able to say anything

Dave glad to hear your knee is a bit better just take care with it

CakeyWakey I fell at the Christmas market I have a fractured wrist and broken nose so you can imagine i look a picture, enjoy your shopping in London

Cakey..
    A well done on 2 lbs off even a creep like all of us over the weekend…still on the downward trend…..enjoy London even if it’s only a hours shopping….

Games….( we are staying with friends) we were having our friends on on what we do ( don’t) for Christmas games, her face was a picture..bless I laughed and spoilt it…I do like a pub drink on Christmas Day, just one, get back to put the roasties in and get it together…a different Christmas for us……never stayed with anyone really…only family.

Jean x

Tabby-poor you, that sounds painful, & being stuck in plaster too- hope the family look after you, big hugs! And a little grandbaby on the way, at least something to look forward too! My son was due Boxing day, but didn’t arrive until Jan 2nd.
    Dave- keep out the wars for a bit!
    Jean- difficult decision for Steve, could he have his pre-op & then decide? How soon would it be after the pre-op check? I hope your daughter is okay and keeps strong, her job must be stresful enough without her husband adding to it!
    Hope everyone has had a good weekend, busy time of year…
    We had a fairly chilled day, Church, cooking brunch for the boys, then a game (or 5!) of rummikub. Easy dinner tonight. Fasting for me tomorrow as well- the scales might not have moved but the trousers I want to wear for the funeral on Thursday are slightly looser, can fit 2 more fasts in as well!

Too much to do 🙁 I can’t do everything on my own.

FD today

Morning All..

A drizzly day yet again..

Changing our wifi over to BT sometime today…waiting for an email to tell Steve to do it…and a bit of food shopping..

My SIL in America is away having a works do/holiday in South America, I think there’s 6 of them with their Boss and he has paid for them all…..has had an accident in a jeep all his hand is badly scuffed and his knee cap is peeled open it looks very nasty …my imaginary stress ball is definitely in my court at the moment…with him and my stressed daughter at this end again…he has definitely taken the platinum place amongst our fallers!!

Can’t find out to what exactly happened till about 3.30 pm today…time difference…

FD for us…and Pseu and Hedgehog…anybody else?

Jean x

Not fasting today,hopefully going to the gym no leg exercise though feet ok with the naproxin im on no pain anywhere which is very unusual.My Dr only gives me cocodamal for the arthritus, waste of time will be asking for naproxin at next appointment.
    Fasting Tuesday and Thursday this week swapped round training days ,seemed to be very hungry after gym.Will see how i get on.Hope you all had good weekend,i over dod it again too much drink and rubbish food .

Gizmo I had to come off naproxen after my heart attack,I took them for three or four years,they were great now I am not on anything permanently,I was given Co-Codamol,but only one box not a regular thing, naproxen can be bad for your liver or kidney, forget which one and so can aspirin so I couldn’t have both.Fast day for me today,not had anything yet not even a cuppa,time to make one I think,then shopping in Ashton under Lyne.

Getting hungry a bit now…omelettes for tonight with salad…soon be setting the table…

Hope everyone is is OK

Jean x

Yes I am getting hungry now,beans on toast for me 😋. Maybe a poached egg too.My feet are aching now after walking round shopping in Ashton,also got Denise a birthday and Christmas card.

Hi all – sorry to have missed your weekends. Some lovely Christmassy stuff happening – except for you, poor old thing (!), Tabby. Hope you’re feeling a little better going into the new week, and you can console yourself with last week’s weight loss, at least.

Having a bits and pieces day – I was supposed to be going North to a meeting…got half-way there and the exhaust fell off! So I’ve been doing other bits and pieces and will need to see about getting the old banger in to get fixed up. Fortunately I don’t use it much.

FD going reasonably…have had a few nibbles, but recorded them all and have just enough cals left for chorizo soup tonight, so about to head home and make that, do the boy’s tea and then hide in the bath. I’m going to try and keep my supper chocolate down to the tiny chocolate in my advent calendar…

Freezing up here today – just remembered I still need to walk the dog…should have left earlier.

Hope everyone survives the fast.
    Mx

Hank Marvin now, another ten minutes then I will eat.

Hello

I’m on the fast train today too. Long day working from home but I haven’t had anything yet. Well apart from 2 lockets for a tickly throat but not worrying about that too much.

Looking forward to soup and half a sandwich which is my boring go to fast day meal but I enjoy it so why not.

Hh – thank you for the info re contented dementia. I’ve looked up the information and read through the website and very encouraged by the ideas. Mum’s memory is getting worse and we are getting to the stage of finding out how we care for her with dignity as she is still very much in denial and I don’t want to upset her.

Did you get through your to do list Pseu? Sounds like you have so much on.

Hope everyone else is well.

CW

Hello all …what a busy caring group you are and lots of supporting and interesting messages.
    Finished my night shifts this morning and feeling shot ..walked my young Springer spaniel in the dark after a pang of guilty conscience. Today is a FD and I’ve discovered the easiest and most satisfying meal on a FD are toddler ready meals …calorie counted ..nourishing. They’re great standby when working and help me keep on the straight and narrow!
    Hope everone is doing ok.
    Gill x

I liked the night shift,it seemed to go quicker,my dog used to be waiting to go for her walk each morning,now she goes much later😁the only ready meal I have are Kirsty meals, around 300 to 400 calories depending which one you have,but they taste good.

Peckish now, but it’s mainly boredom.

Gill- good idea with the toddler meals! I had a long spell of soup, nice & easy on a FD.
    Dave- did it take long for Heidi to get used to a new routine when you retired?
    Gizmo- good for you going to the gym when you have arthritis! Hope your FD goes well tomorrow.
    Pseudo- busy day but it helps the FD go quicker!
    Jean- your poor daughter must be so worried! Hope all turns out okay…And hope you get the internet sorted.
    Cakey- hope you get all the work done & stay strong! Difficult for you with your mum being in denial; we’ll see how things are with my mum after she’s over the shock, maybe get her to try medication. She was really muddled with things this morning…
    Minols- stay strong, hope you get the car sorted soon..
    Busy day, sorting things for mum, shopping, & my sister brought her puppy round for another play- they had a lovely time together, & Xena’s been very soppy & quiet since! I want to borrow him every day! 🐕🐕
    FD has gone quickly, I’m hungry but stressed enough at the moment to not be bothered by it!

No Heidi was very good she just waited for me to get up,no problems.She used to jump up on the bed,now she can’t get up I would have to help her,she struggles to get upstairs now but still does it every night,she doesn’t like being alone at night.

Morning All…
    What a frosty morning….

Fast day went well again …..they do come around fast….

Hair colouring time again this morning then get another in before Christmas…a bit tight…get the washer on, not really doing too much today…

Minols..
    A busy time for you , hope everything is about organised…

Cakey..
    Hope your throats holding up…a few people around us and Steve are very breathless but not really coming to anything…..someone said it’s a bit like hay fever …I don’t know on that one…still Steve started hay fever tablets and it’s helping…???

I think FD food is boring..it’s eggs, eggs and more eggs for us..all in different ways 😂any thing to get through the day…I do like no washing up….or not much of it…

Gill..
    The idea of toddlers food is a good idea…at least it will be small portions….a dog walk after nights, it possibly wakes you up….he would appreciate it…

Hedgehog..
    Did you tempt your sister into buying a dog?…still it’s lovely they will be brought up together..

SIL is all bandaged and stitched up, his hand and his knee…looking at it made me feel funny, it’s very bad and very deep..he seems to be managing he will be home Friday…

Dave..
    How old is Heidi?…maybe she can’t jump on the bed but she likes her walks….

Jean x

Morning all, still busy busy busy but feel a bit more on top of it today and less overwhelmed, really struggled to cope yesterday. The Christmas rush has started, at the moment I’m up to my eyes in parcels, but at least the bulk are packed so I can chill a bit now and just do the few that need more work. Yesterday I was trying to catch up from the orders from the weekend, and more just kept coming in so it was like one step forward two steps back. I’m also getting on top of my coursework a bit, though the chapter I read last night ended in a load of equations that fried my brain… I think I’m going to look up some basic maths videos on youtube and try to work my way up to the stuff it’s asking me to do. I’ve always been pretty good at science, and I wasn’t bad at maths at school, I just don’t remember much of it so it tends to panic me.

What are you all like with your falls and injuries! Tabby, that sounds very dramatic, I’ve always had a phobia of breaking my nose. Obviously I don’t want to break anything, but something about the nose really makes me cringe. And your SIL Jean, sounds awful! Glad your knee is on the mend Dave.

Yesterdays FD was easy, was nibbly in the evening, but since it was just a bit of boredom it was fairly easy to ignore. Not sure if I’m doing today yet, see how it goes. I’m in later today because I woke up just before my alarm at six, looked at how cold and dark it was and thought ‘nope.’ So got up at eight instead, which means if I do fast tonight I’ll be getting home later so there will be less of the evening to struggle through.

Anyone ever done sailing/boat handling? I was given career advice by an industry professional and she told me I need to get boat handling/sailing experience. I emailed the local club, but apparently I’m too old for student discount, despite being a student, which makes the fees a bit steep. Even though it’s ages until I graduate I was told to get the skills as early as possible in order to be proficient, easier said than done when everything costs so much.

Any other fasters today?

Heidi is 12 years old,she has started asking for her ball around midnight then wanting more food after playing with her ball.Denise is not happy,got another letter from Staysure and they will only pay 90% of claim not the full amount,I was going to go with them but would rather pay double than go with them now.I need to find an insurance company for when we go to Lanzarote in May.Fast day was good yesterday no problems,but the tubs of chocolates are getting more and more tempting 😍 Just realized I have not taken my tablet’s.

Changed my mind on the FD, a lot of my veggies are on the turn and need to be used up.

Hi Everyone

Hope you’re all ok

Unfortunately my mum passed away on Sunday so the fasting has taken a bit of a back seat for the time being but I’ll be back on it once I get my head around everything.

Katie x

So sorry to hear that,take your time.

Katie…
    We are so sorry on your sad news…our thoughts are with you…take care..hugs ..

Jean x

Pseu..
    Your work sounds so busy..you will be dreaming of parcels in your sleep….no thoughts on sailing…

SIL..resting up with ice packs on his knee his worse injury…

Dave..
    Lanzarote sounds good to look forward to…lovely hot weather….ummm..

Jean x

KatieLouise

So sorry to hear about your mum. Sending our love and thoughts.

We’re always here if you need us, not just for fasting

CW

KL- so sorry for you, know what you’re going through…great big hug to you & thinking of you.

KL, so sorry to hear about your mum.
    Thinking of you x

Going to be late today,the score finished at 3-3so it’s gone to overtime.zzzzz

That was exciting we win with two seconds to go😁😁😁

Katie, so sorry to hear about your mother. x

Morning all, FD today though I still have more veggies to be used up I’ll just keep my fingers crossed they’ll keep. Got some used up anyway, my shrooms were definitely borderline. Nippy again this morning but no frost, took ages to hack the frost off the windscreen yesterday.

Morning everyone.

Katie – so sorry to hear of your mum… Everything else takes a back seat just now, but if you need to type you know where we are.

HH – did I miss something you ve posted about contented dementia? Could you post again. One of my friends is really struggling with her diagnosis just now. We’re trying to help her live in the moment, and not be too sad when she can’t remember that she’s had a few calm and happy hours. She knows enough to know what she’s losing.

Pseu – shame the student discount doesn’t apply. Used to be you just showed your NUS card. Frustrating!

Anyway… Better get ready for work.

Mx

Morning all!
    Dave- hope you got to sleep after all the excitement!
    Pseudo- hope work quietens down for you…I don’t know anything about sailing etc., but know a few people who do go- it does seem to be a very expensive hobby, so I guess courses would be pricey…
    Jean- hope SIL gets home safely! 2 hair colours before Christmas, you’ll be busy…We didn’t persudae sis to get another dog, they’d been thinking for a while, then her friend was planning to breed from her dog, so they waited for her. I did think about getting one from that litter, but glad we didn’t as they’re all really chunky dogs! Xena is much better looking 😉
    I’m fasting again today, anyone else?

BTW – Dave, does your bank do insurance? Got really annoyed with travel ins last year when mum collapsed on holiday. Completely useless bunch. But on ‘old’ friend (mid 70s) used the Nationwide ins on his account for a major expedition to the US last year and only had to pay a little bit extra because of the length he was going away for. Just a thought.

Mx

Morning All….
    Pouring down with rain….

Bits of housework, ironing, tidying…nothing much a dossy day…book reading..

Hedgehog…
    Was it you who told me the Labs are different, daughter said the chocolate can be more fat…I didn’t know that..Max is looking really lovely now, tall, alert and regal…is your sisters yellow?

Well my hair is coloured, next one Friday before Xmas a bit tight…

Dave..
    Exciting match…are still tucked up in bed…😂

Jean x

Really fancy a mince pie. Bit annoying can only buy multipacks

Minols I got paid out in full from my bank insurance,but it ends when I reach 65 so only 50 odd days left then I need to find another one.Aweful weather today,it’s pouring down,no walkies for Heidi until it stops.Undecided if today is going to be a fast day,no food so far.

Its been a miserable day with lots of rain…I’ll be glad to close the curtains on it!

Fasting today. Not eaten anything yet. Ive taken something out of the freezer…it looks like a quorn chilli type thing…lol

Aiming for b2b fasts today and tomorrow as I feel big and bloated!

Im out Friday night with people from work and I have no idea as yet what I am going to wear as my options are limited from putting some weight back on 😀

Kx

I was going to make some mince pies but will hold off til Saturday.

Got hungry so no FD today.Had a steak and onion toastie.It will end up a light day so not too bad, still raining,poor Heidi not been out at all.Ho is BT broadband Jean it was pretty good when I had it,have you got fibre?

Evening All..
    A very grotty dark day…we have had a dossy day…I have done a few bits and pieces…

Dave…
    We have been on fibre for a couple of years but Plus Net kept dropping to 20, we should get 50 or even 70 speed…we are hitting 50 at the moment but could get better after a couple of weeks while it builds up..

Kay..
    I shall be making mince pies on Sunday for a school charity fashion show…then I will make some for my freezer and then a third batch to take with me when we go to friends at Christmas. You are not the only one with tight clothes mine are snug too!

Enjoy your night out on Friday something to look forward to …is it a Xmas do?….hope for a good weigh in for us all..

Pseu..
    Do you bake mince pies?…I am looking forward to doing a bit of baking for Xmas…

We are fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Think I was getting around 70meg when I was with them ,just did a speedtest and I am getting 160 meg, depends what time of day you do it I have had 220meg.The BT broadband was great but the TV was awful, Still got the you view box.

Evening all!
    My FD had gone okay, it was either that or binge on chocolate so I’m pleased with myself! Scales down 1.5lbs as well, at last!
    Dad’s funeral is tomorrow, extra stress as the road has been closed for hours & may not reopen until the morning… relatives are staying with mum who I thought would be a good, calming influence, but my uncle’s rung in a tizzy over what time to leave, we’ll have to see in the morning.

Hedgehog..
    Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow, we will be thinking about you…

Jean x

Evening everyone

KL, so sorry to hear about your mum. We’re here if you need us.

HH, I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow. A tough day but for me seemed such a relief when it was behind me.

Jean, you put me to shame with your baking. I bet your mince pies are better than any shop bought.

CW, do things quieten down for you in work over Christmas or do you still need to travel a lot.

Minols, busy time for you. Any time away with the family planned?

Kay, I know the feeling of tight clothes. I’ve put on just over a stone since end of July. I’m about the same weight I was this time last year so know I can lose it, just need to focus. You can too.

Dave, glad the late night was worth it. My daughter is planning to go to a Devils match with a few friends who’ve never been. Not yet met anyone who went to a live game and didn’t fall in love with it.

Pseudo, WOTW – been twice and would love to go again one day. Are you coming to Cardiff to see it?

Tabby, hope you’re on the road to recovery.

Gizmo, well done exercising with arthritis. Keeping range of movement I think is the key to managing it.

Gill, never thought of toddler meals. I’ll have to have a look.

Sorry, I know I’ve missed people but ‘the page has turned’.

Weight is up but fairly steady. Trying to be fairly good until Christmas, apart from team Christmas meal at an Italian tomorrow. No doubt there will be wine flowing no doubt but can’t go too mad as work on Friday. I rarely drink now though so a smell of the barmaids apron will have me under the table.

Well done everyone fasting. You’re doing much better than I am.

Take care

Lynne x

Yes it’s addictive,I had a season ticket for Manchester Storm last season,but can’t forgive them for kicking my team(Manchester Phoenix) out so stopped going to watch them, instead I now go to watch Blackburn Hawks,bit of a drive but they have two ex phoenix players.

Morning All…

Clean and polish at the dentist for me…I don’t really like it a good 30 mins of pain….

A bit of shopping..I really must get my head around what I am doing these next few weeks…

A bit of a Shhhhhhhhh…( I am sharing with you) we have booked Louisiana for the 30th Dec keeping it a secret and surprise from daughter and children…if we can …we are not telling anyone at the moment….SIL knows…the children are hopefully being baptised on the 6th Jan, it was planned for Nov but SIL had to go to Europe, no baptisms in Dec..so 🤞 …it would be lovely to be there and share the occasion with them.

Hedgehog..
    Thoughts are with you today…lots of hugs to you all…

Lynne…
    Enjoy your Christmas do….I think I would want a bit more than a smell of the apron..lol…..a few of us up in weight a bit……but “what would we be like if not fasting”…..miss the Xmas do’s now retired gets you in the mood.

I must admit I do a good mince pie…most people comment….use SR flour, fat is all stork, small hand of sugar, throw an egg into the milk ( a full egg to 1 lb flour) and roll thin, as they rise a bit…….yummy….the egg makes the pies keep longer in a box, although I usually freeze mine as we are calorie counting…..I never use plain flour for pastry….tip if warming up, 1 pie on 30 sec on defrost, it’s just right…top with whizzy cream 😂

Dave…
    You are so sporty…lol

Have a good day….just remembered we are fasting…..

Jean x

Mince pies are one of the worst things on earth,I wouldn’t eat one if you paid me to do it.Even my son won’t eat them although Denise loves them.Fast day today and we are going to Warrington to see Denise’s mum and take Christmas presents.Must take Heidi out first though.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,201 through 20,250 (of 35,307 total)

You must be logged in to reply.