Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,892 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 2 hours, 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 20,001 through 20,050 (of 35,378 total)

• All they could do is strap the toe to another toe,so not worth the hassle of going to A&E.I have took two Co-Codamol,it’s ok when i am sat down so will put up with it.Hope it doesn’t stop me doing rehab on Wednesday.

Very cold in here tonight,bought a scarf but not got any hats,brrr.

Evening everyone,

HH, so very sorry to hear about your dad but glad that you were all able to be with him.

Dave, hope your toe doesn’t affect your enjoyment of the hockey this evening.

Pseudo, I resisted the temptation to indulge in a couple of Baileys this evening. Hope you manage to sleep better tonight.

Jean, I haven’t even begun to think of Christmas presents yet. It’s Bec’s birthday this week and I don’t even know what I’m getting her for that yet. In my defence she doesn’t know what she wants and in the next few weeks when Hannah changes her car, she’ll have Hannah’s old one to start learning to drive in.

Hope everyone else is alright.

Take care

Lynne x

Got locked out of here , second time in a month.

I posted last night, but it’s not showing on here, definitely did it right!
    Not repeating it, but am fasting today. Is it a mass fast Monday?

Good morning

So sorry to hear about your dad Hedgehog, sending love and prayers to you and your family.

CW

Yorkshire lad born and bread strong in arm and all the rest.Leeds based, just starting out in new journey,stuck at 17 stone plus for months on sw new challange.

Count me in for the mass fast, for the first time in ages in feeling like it. Meals planned for the week. Off to Edinburgh today, planning liquids all day and then will make some soup when I get home tonight.

Glad you had a lovely holiday Jean, a bit of winter sun is lovely.

Hope the bruising going down Dave and doesn’t affect your rehab – you’re so disciplined. How is Claire getting on with the car situation, hope she’s ok.

Hi Lynne, I’m in the same boat re presents, I haven’t really started. I’m going to take my mum this weekend but I’m sure I’ll need another day or two.

Pseu hope the studies are enjoyable and you’re makaging to juggle your time and glad to hear your dad is out of hospital too.

Busy time Minols, does advent start this weekend, I haven’t counted my Sundays so maybe next weekend.

Nice to hear about Audrey Jean, I often wonder about friends from the forum who find a different path and wonder if they pop in to read the updates now and again.

Just booked our holiday for June, so if my looming 50th isn’t enough incentive then hopefully a holiday will add to the motivation. Going back to Istanbul for 4 days then a week in Cappadocia.

CW

Morning everyone!

Welcome aboard Gizmo 🙂 lots of support for you here!

I’m taking a deep breath and saying count me in for the fast today … not sure why, but I’m struggling with them a bit at the moment. Keep trying.

Good luck with the day, as Audrey used to say .. together we’re stronger 🙂

xx

HH .. I’ve just seen your previous post. I’m so sorry about your dad *hugs* I’m glad you got the special time together with him, that sounded nice. Here for you .. sending love x

Morning All…
    A very dark morning….

Off out again to do a bit more shopping, trying to get some cards wrote later…

We are fasting today…we had tinned fruit for breakfast, we had it on holiday and it was quite refreshing..throwing it in for a few days in the week…coming in at 105 calories..a good one for Steve as he eats more than I like him to eat for breakfast….

Dave..
    Hope you enjoyed the game and you wasn’t too cold..you need to treat yourself to a hat…I have my hat and a few scarves ( different colours to go with different clothes) already in the car….I think we will need them from now….

Lynne..
    I am very late this year, trying to get it together…Bec starting to learn to drive sounds like money for lessons..Steves daughters birthday early December..nothing gets done at her end until her cards are down….we usually get her card Xmas eve!..much too late…

Cakey..
    Had to see where you were going…Turkey….something to look forward to….so you are going to be a nifty fifty 😂..🤞…Istanbul is lovely we only went for the day, off a cruise ship…our weather in Cyprus was very comfortable about 24 degrees, a bit of cloud in afternoon but still warm…

Long day ahead for you…you will be past eating by you get home….

Gizmo..
    Welcome aboard lots of help if needed..it’s good to keep on track by coming on the thread…I am a stones throw from you near Selby….

DF..
    Come on let’s get through the fast day…are you still walking on a lunch time?….we have some weight to move too….😬

Guys and Gals…have you noticed we have gone through to 20,000 posts barrier…lots of support and help between us …all friends…a big thankyou to everyone…😀

Have a day..

Jean x

Have a great day..😂..x

Any tips going from intermitent fasting to 5.2 , first day tommorow.

Gizmo…
    Make a decision on what two days you are going to do this week…you have 600 cals so will you split it with two meals or have one dinner…count tea and coffee include your milk and sugar if you take it…

Keep off sugar, processed food, keep bread, potatoes, rice, spaghetti quite low…be thoughtful during the week.

My hubby Steve does it with me we both eat breakfast and have meat or omelette with a mixed salad about 5 pm…if you choose carefully you can eat quite well.

A free Myfitnesspal app is good to keep you on track with the calories you are eating..a pain to do but I think it’s a must at the beginning, it gets easier as it remembers what you eat…

Decide your weigh in day, note your weight in a book, do that weekly…..also a good idea once a month measure your waist and they also say neck for men…put it in your book….It’s surprising how much your fat melts away if the scales don’t move.

At the top right of screen find out your TDEE, that’s how much you can eat between your fasting days..put your weight in, height, excerise its shows your BMI…log in after weigh in each week.

We fast Monday and Thursday weigh in Friday morning with no clothes on..we then have Friday off plan, having a glass of wine/beer, a meal out a piece of cake it’s our treat day….then the line is drawn…Saturday is under our TDEE as the rest of week being thoughtful.

Hope that gives you an idea..

Jean x

Looking at fasting tuesday and thursday these are gym days and will keep me focussed and not thinking of food.
    Have been fasting between 8pm 12.pm missing breakfast on intermitent fasting.
    Thanks for info you gave me,weigh day Tuesday and using mfp to track food and calories.

Jean I have some very warm hats,but wanted to buy a Hawks hat last night,they said they will be coming in a few weeks from now.Denise is the worst I have ever seen her, really struggling to walk and I am taking her for an injection in her knee now, speak later.

I’m probably not fasting this week since I’m off work and it’s the closest I get to a holiday. That said I haven’t eaten anything thus far today, I’ve been busy writing an assignment, still got a question left but I’m too brain fried so might leave that until tomorrow. I really wanted to get my first draft out of the way today so it can stop nagging at me but if I force myself to do it now I don’t think it’ll be any good anyway.
    Salad for me this evening, so it might come in at under 500 cals anyway.

Welcome Gizmo. Everyone is different but I avoid breakfast on fast days, if I eat first thing it wakes up my appetite and the rest of the day will be a real struggle. If you’ve been missing breakfast anyway doing IF you’re probably best keeping it that way. Working out on a fast day can be tricky, when I used to go running after work I’d eat an apple half an hour before and it made a huge difference to my stamina and energy levels.

Dave…
    Sorry Denise isn’t very good..hope the injection helps…you will be needing your new hat ..waiting can feel ages…

Pseu..
    A lovely week off to get on top of your assignments, but don’t do too much have some time for yourself…

Cakey..
    Safe journey back home tonight…..hope the railway is behaving for you…

Passed the afternoon chasing car insurance what a pain it is to do…we got it £50 cheaper so worth it in the long run..

No parcels wrapped or cards wrote…tomorrow’s job …getting hungry now chicken smelling pretty nice another 30 min wait….

Jean x

Denise had her injection and walked ok but now it’s just as bad as it was before, maybe it will improve tomorrow.I definitely won’t be using staysure for my travel insurance.I got paid in full from AXA after a week or so, Denise waited a month and heard nothing so she gave them a call and they said it was still being dealt with, eventually they sent her a cheque for 90% because she didn’t tell them she had been in hospital.That would be because it was me that was in hospital and the paper she sent them clearly stated that,she called them again this morning and was told to put it in writing,she asked to speak to her manager and was told he was in a meeting (I bet) so she wrote out her complaint and asked for all the money she is owed.

Cheers for info hope your assignment goes ok I generally eat at lunchtime 12.30 then go training afterwork 6.00 for 90 mins home for 8 ish then evening meal , have been in a plateau for a few month’s so trying 5.2.Now to work out lunch an evening meal tommorrow, first fasting day 600 to 800 cals max.

Hi all.
    Just been doing a quick catch up on the posts.

HH – just seen about your dad. So sorry, but what a privilege to be there with him. It’s a really precious thing to do for someone.

Pseu – envy you a week off… Definitely so fasting so enjoy!

Managing a reasonable fa’st today, but need a drink now and then I’m going to cook a casserole for later in the week while the boys have ribs… Nothing to tempt me there. Then my evening is a visit to a family so again… No temptation.

Just want it to be tomorrow!

Oh, and the boy beat me at chess this morning – yippee. No help or anything. Planned a strategy and executed it… And with it my King!

Mx

Fast day on track, on the train home, hopefully back by 8:30. Had 3 cups of coffee and nothing to eat yet. Looking forward to my soup. Making home made broth so know exactly what is in it.

Was given a little pumpkin pie by someone at work who’d made it for Thanksgiving but will keep it for tomorrow and maybe try it at lunch time.

Hope anyone who is fasting is going strong.

Welcome to the clan Gizmo

CW

Bad day today- brother & sis took mum to get the death certificate, & the registrar wouldn’t okay it because of the wording on the medical certificate, so we can’t get on with some of the paperwork, then had appt with funeral directors- luckily they could make a provisional date & we got details sorted, but understandably was all too much for mum. Were supposed to be going up to their static caravan tomorrow to empty it as mum wants to sell it, but think it’s too soon.
    Anyway have stuck to fasting, suits my grimly determined & miserable mood…
    Good luck to everyone else, stay strong tonight & thanks for all your good wishes.

Evening All…
    Finished now at 356 calories for me..so it has gone reasonably well today a bit hungry about 4 pm…

Dave..
    I will take on board about Staysure…still I don’t think there’s a lot who would have Steve 😬..maybe we will look at Axa..

Hope Denise’s knee settles..

Gismo..
    You have a plan so all will be well…

Minols..
    Well done on the boy winning you at Chess …was you half asleep…lol

Cakey..
    What a long day, can you have things to eat at that time of night….I would be passed myself…I am not keen on pumpkin pie 🤮

Hedgehog..
    A disappointment on not getting things sorted, such an upsetting time….I think you will need to leave the caravan till after the funeral, then think it through…to much to quick…

Good you have managed to fast….

Jean x

Hi Everyone.

Hope everyone’s fasting day has gone well.

I’m finally back to it today, after a few weeks off. It seemed to be one thing after another, I had the flu, then I fractured my foot and then I got a tooth abscess.

Hedgehog – I’m really sorry to hear your news, hope you’re doing as well as you can 😔

Katie x

Quick question, my tdee says 2275 cals,is this what i should eat on non fasting days? Confusing myself.

Evening everyone

HH, can’t imagine how difficult it must have been for your mum today. Hopefully she’ll agree to wait and make a decision about the caravan when emotions are not running so high. Thinking of you x

Minols, the pupil has become the master! Hope your FD ended well.

DF, you’re not alone in struggling at the moment. Hopefully we’ll all find our mojo soon.

Jean, you seem to have straight back to it. You’ll have lost that holiday weight in no time.

Gizmo, you’ve already had some good advice so I’ll just say welcome.

Dave, the injections can take a few days to kick in. With any luck it’ll be the same for Denise.

CW, I don’t know how you manage with so much travelling, hope the soup was good.

KatieLouise, you seem to have had a bad run recently, with any luck you’re fighting fit now and the fast has gone well.

No fast for me today, but trying to at least keep my weight steady. Too much to hope for any loss at the moment, but planning to get back at it in a week or two when birthdays and stuff are behind me.

This week is really going to be food filled. Just remembered that I’m on leadership event on Thursday where food is provided, which is also Bec’s birthday so she’ll expect to go for food. Already agreed to go for a carvery on Friday with my old team and going out with the girls on Saturday. Hope to make at least some good choices.

Well done everyone else who is being far better than me and managing to fast. I’ll be back at it soon.

Take care

Lynne x

Gismo..
    I would keep 200 or 300 calories under your 2275….on my Fridays off I would go to 2275 if it was me if I needed it…

Lynne..
    Enjoy your week with your food and meal out with the girls..draw the line for next Monday…throw one in if you can…

Night..

Jean x

I only used AXA because of my bank,I finish with them when I reach 65,I need to find a good insurance so will check a few out com January.

I thought you could drink black tea on fasting days and not count it? Also not a fan of plain water can i use low sugar or no added sugar dilute / cordial.

Morning all!
    Gizmo- don’t need to count black tea. You dont have to eat up to your TDEE, I use to stick to somewhere in the middle between it & your BMR.
    KL- glad you’re feeling better, sounds like you’ve had a rough time…
    Lynne- nice to have some girly things planned! Not good for the waistline!
    Jean- I did ask parents about insurance a while back, they couldn’t remember, but I’ll look it up when we sort out paperwork…
    Minols- beaten by your son! He’s obviously a quick learner!
    Dave- hope you can do rehab tomorrow. Poor Denise too, hope something can be done to help her soon, & that the injection helps.
    Pseudo- enjoy your week ‘off’!
    Cakey- hope the travelling was okay.
    Fd was okay, although I’ve got a horrible tickly cough, had it nearly 2 weeks, so did have some cough sweets!
    Re mum’s caravan- it’s not too far away, but there’s no way she would be safe to drive herself there, it was a special place for her & dad, so I can understand there would be too many memories for her as well. Also the site fees (£3,000) are due now, so she has to decide, & we have to clear it soon if she does sell it, but it can wait a couple of weeks.

Morning All…
    A dismal dark morning…chilly too…

Fast day went quite well…Steve is very chuffed to bits this morning 3 lbs off, I have 1 lb down, it’s ok for some hope he holds it for Friday…

I am wrapping gifts this morning and I will try and start the cards this afternoon…

Anyone buying huge bars of galaxy chocolate 12” by 6” ..£2 each in Morrisons half price…a good stocking filler ….hedgehog thinking of bulk buying for my baking…

Anyone with the Daily Mail newspaper last Saturday and Sunday a £10 off voucher for Lidl, have to spend £40…someone told me in Lidl, I raked around my blue bin and found one…lol

Katie..
    Sorry I missed your post…glad you are feeling better…your foot and abscess sounds awful, take care..

Dave..
    I forgot AXA was your banks insurance…hope Denise feels easier this morning…as Lynne says sometimes it can take a few weeks to work….

Gizmo..
    A splash of low sugar cordial would be fine…we have about 5 cups of tea 15 cals or coffee 20 cals on a FD it helps to fill you up but it’s counted…hot oxo or bovril a few people have, especially if you get dizzy or headaches…..good luck for your fast day 😀

Hedgehog..
    It’s so sad she has to sell the caravan, the fees are a lot to pay….it will sad when ours goes….our time will come….too many memories and not the same on your own….she will be lonely over the next few months even though you are near by…it’s a thing I dread as we have no family local, only my daughter but it’s a hours round trip, she’s the nearest.

I came back off holidays with a tickly cough so annoying not like me…

Have a good day..

Jean x

First day on full fd still in if mode,see how 400 cal meal is at lunch,hopefilly will keep me full to after training session.

Gizmo…
    A plan…keep strong…enjoy your training tonight…

Two hours of wrapping gifts..stopped for a cuppa….it’s been raining now non stop for two days, goodness it’s ages since we have had continuous steady rain….

Jean x

Denise is worst than ever,the injection has made it worst, doctor said it was a possibility.I don’t like drinking water so have tea but have to put milk in so there are calories, possibly 60-80 for a few cups of tea .Got to go for an Aortic aneurisim scan now.

Dave..
    That’s such a shame the injection is not working..what did the doctor say, is there any other option?

Hope your scan goes well..they usually tell you there and then what the measurement is…

Still wrapping presents …knocked off for our soup…think I may continue tomorrow getting fed up now…3 hours!

Jean x

Doctor told Denise it could get worst, will have to wait a bit longer to see if it gets better.My scan was inconclusive,all that she could see was fine but one section wasn’t clear,blurred or something so I have got to have it done again,it will be next year now.Denise said this is her last option,she has got to have physio but that won’t be easy considering the pain she is in.

Dave- poor Denise, give her a hug from us…is it arthritis, does she need another knee? Hope your 2nd scan is all fine.
    Jean- how many presents do you buy?! Must be alot if it’s taking that long to wrap. Well done on the weight loss!
    Gizmo- hope your FD has gone okay, were you all right at the gym?
    Hope everyone else is okay…
    Xena did really well at the obedience class, there’s more coming now so it’s more distracting. Spent the afternoon with mum & sis, sorting things, lots of phone calls to make, feel like we got something done though. We can go back to the registrars tomorrow thankfully, one hiccup sorted, but another one with where to have the wake; everywhere is booked up for Christmas. One step forward…

HH I suppose it depends how many are going to the wake,maybe a room at a restaurant or pub,if not too many at home? Denise doesn’t need another knee,the GP is going to give her a call in a fortnight,so will have to wait until then.

Morning All..
    Another miserable day raining again…although I think we need it to fill the reservoirs….

A double hospital appointment for Steve at two different hospitals…his three month blood check up, hoping his platelets are still keeping stable…..the other is at the aneurysm specialist, our back specialist wanted us to go….I don’t think they will do anything but hoping they do…a fun day…a hours dash between..😬

Hedgehog..
    I can understand how hard it is to find a room at this time for a wake..as Dave says, it depends how many will come…a room at a pub or have at home…maybe your funeral director might have some ideas..We would be lucky to get a dozen people at ours!

Glad Xena is doing well at her classes, my nephew who my sister lives with now, bought a lab at the same time as you and my daughters…she is a nightmare chewing and peeing if anyone arrives at the door and on the carpet..I think she is bored..theystill use a cage…she came in April so older than Xena.. Maxi is walking lovely off a lead although she has to keep an eye on him in the garden as she doesn’t have a fence, he is getting better…he chased a fox the other day…he loves watching and chasing the squirrels….my daughter only used the cage for a month…

I like my presents pristine, all with a colour theme, all with ribbon most are stocking fillers as they all get money now, which is also wrapped like a present…I would say I don’t buy many but counted for you.. about 40..that surprised me..😂

Dave..
    It’s not nice getting old….we are all at the hospital club!! 😂

Have a good day..

Jean x

First fast day done,not too bad, no gym last night stuck in traffic till 7 got a bit hungry, home had 400cal dinner then ok gym tonight .

Hi i have just restarted on Saturday, I am from Glasgow and am 58 I have 49lbs to lose

Hi I hope you dot mind me joining you all, I have just restarted on Saturday, I am from Glasgow and am 58 I have 49lbs to lose I am looking forward to getting to know you all

Gismo..
    Well done on your first fast day…hope you get to the gym tonight…

Tabbby…
    Welcome to our thread…lots of help and support to get you back on track….there’s always someone about…it’s been a bit quiet over the last few weeks, people busy I think…

Jean x

Thanks jean, i suppose people will be busy on the run up to Christmas first fast day today and will fast again on Friday

Got half day today so off soon to the gym,welcome tabby.

Urghhhhh, car was fixed, got in it this morning and it wouldn’t start again. It was such a weight off my mind when it was fixed and now I’m back to square one. Lucky it happened when I’m off work, but I had a doctors appt I needed to go to. Had to cancel.

Welcome Tabbby.

Hello Tabby and welcome! I’ve only just joined this group and tomorrow will be my 4th FD.
    After reading how everyone is doing realise im prob exceeding my 500 cals …oxo drinks and soya in hot drinks. Not a fan of plain water so have low cal squash. Think I’ll get some Pepsi max in too.
    I’m 65 still work full-time in NHS mental health plus caring for granddaughter one day a week. Night shifts are difficult on fasting days but I’m finding ways to cope …..slowly!
    Gill

Welcome Tabby 🙂

Thanks for the welcome started fast last night at 5pm, just going to have a little bowl of homemade soup as feeling really cold and use the rest of cals for tea tonight

Viewing 50 posts - 20,001 through 20,050 (of 35,378 total)

You must be logged in to reply.