Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,890 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 9 hours, 35 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 35,376 total)

• Good morning friends hope all is well with you. x

At least its a dry wind free morning…Hopefully tie a few things back in the garden today.

Kristy tired from traveling and got a bad cough. Knew the travel would be awful .. but have to let her walk her own road. ( Just follow behind picking up the pieces that go wrong for her). Her gran and I constantly remind each other to keep our noses out. Lolol

Hi Milena .. Do be careful with that Atkins diet. You sound as if this is a very busy time now for you. Lots of energy being used I would imagine. Try to have a little space relaxing and chilling out each day. Get your 2 boys spoiling you a bit.
    Take care Hope you have a good week-end with your business. Xx

Oh Audrey Audrey X It never bloody rains but it pours. Hope today finds your Mum a little better. Xx

I cant help with the brother bit as I have one exactly the same with a very selfish SIL.

They seems to think Mum is my soul responsibility and shouldnt effect their lives at all.

They live in Norfolk no real ties as such. Never a mention of a holiday for Mum with them although a good size bungalow.
    They grace her with a visit a couple of times a year … one before Xmas when Mum will be fretting about what to get in for a lunch for them. Of course muggins me will be roped in to help. I just do it for Mums sake. Kristy goes mad at me… Calls them the Rat and his Shrew. How awful is that.

So can really sympathise with you Audrey. So good you have that first SIL that is still part of the family.

Its so hard when you are a caring person like yourself … people often take advantage of you. Leave things in your hands while their lives go interrupted.
    People always quote Karma but where my brother is concerned it doesn’t seem to happen.
    As you can tell I could go on forever about their selfish ways.

Take care Audrey .. come and vent here … we can all join in I am sure. Xx

Hope everyone has a good day whether Fasting or just being Mindful.

Brit lovelies … Together… We Can and We Will… END of Story. XX

Thanks hemmy

Glad to know I am not the only one with bad brothers..

I call my ex sister in law my sister because she is that close, and mum treats us both the same…. thank goodness I have her, she usually does most things with mum and I come every month for a few days and ring twice a day….

My big big brother calls twice a week for a brew with mum but doesn’t stay long, my little big brother calls twice a year!

It’s true what they say you can choose your friends but not your family….

Thanks for the reply hemmy it was much needed and appreciated

Thanks to you to Newby and Beverley seems siblings are useless wish we were all only children…..HeheHe

Audrey

Morning All

Hemmy, Audrey – can so identify with the brother thing – they are quite happy to let you get on with it with no regard for anyone but themselves! I won’t start or I might still be here this time tomorrow!,

Well, the 1lb is off, so now to work on the next one!

OH was a bit better yesterday so hoping we have turned the corner. Not sure why it takes 4 days to get the results of an emergency X-ray – hey ho!

Have a good day everyone and special best wishes to your mum Audrey.

Newbsx

Hi all
    Going nowhere fast here. Today is now a fast day. I have lost nothing despite all.

Audrey. Best thoughts coming your way. x
    Hemmy. Ditto. x

Everyone else xxx too.

I have a hideous brother in law and a magnificently self centred sister who loves herself above all others.

Bev x

Audrey .. Newbs .. Bev ..

Looks like we are all really in this together in more ways than one.
    Audrey be rest assured you are not alone.Xx

Well done Newbs on the lb loss x What a brilliant start to the day for you. Xx Have a lovely day Xx

Bev .. don’t worry about staying the same this week. Looks like its sortof in general. Just keep apply the same rules … Mindful … Treats.. Cutting back to make way for treats and enjoying them.
    We will all be there when that chequered flag drops … when its ready for us to achieve our goal weight. Xx

Yay Yay Yay we are all still here in whatever form … frame of mind.. ALIVE AND KICKING> Xx

Thank you Hemmy and Audrey.

Sorry for the bad mood but I am not best pleased with the daughter. According to my son she is back in London tonight then coming here tomorrow (her birthday). We have heard nothing from her since she asked for yet more money (I can’t tell you how much she has ‘borrowed’ and squandered, it’s so bad).We can’t afford to keep it up.

Newby, so pleased for your success. *****

Hugs to all.

Bev x

Oh dear Bev,

I do know where you are coming from we went through quite a lot with zoe my stepdaughter. …it got to the stage where we were paying for 2 homes.

Finally things came to a head and we closed the bank of mum and dad it wasn’t easy to do, she ended up in a council flat with no carpets and very little furniture but it was for the best in the long term.

Now if she come to “borrow ” money I pop her onto her daddy, who reminds her how much she still owes us and tells her when she repays that he will lend her more.
    We do however still sometimes cave in if for our grandson. …

You moan all you want, it makes a change from me……HeheHe hope I helped

Audrey

Hi All

I thought it was high time I popped my head in. Yesterday I was meant to be helping my son with is move but ended up at the doctors instead? For two weeks or more I haven’t been feeling right but nothing I could put my finger on apart from a little dizziness. But twice this week I have been so bad that I have had to hold ot the walls, I was taken to the doctor as I couldn’t drive.

Now I have been checked for ear infections, labrinthitus and blood pressure. Blood pressure was much higher than normal which was already high and the reason I started 5:2. You would think that losing the weight I have it would make a lot of difference. Some I suppose but nowhere near enough. I have also been given seasick pills, these I don’t take when travelling 🙂 seems strange to need them at home. When I lay down and close my eyes it feels as if I am drunk, the whole room spins as if I haven’t got enough problem going to sleep.

On another note

Newby, vitamin D helps with selenium, this helps improve mood. Audrey your mums fall sounds bad. I hope she is steadily improving. Milena did I read that you were on an Atkins type diet? Can you do this but add vegetables (those grown above ground)?

Hi Hemmy

Well done for all of your posts, I hope you get insurance claim sorted out.

I do know that brothers (in general) are not as useful or practical than sisters. I experienced the same whilst looking after my mother. One was quick to criticise though……I ignored him!!

Hi Hemmy

Glad to see another pound gone, that means you are 10 stone something now.

My aim was always 15 or below at Christmas I am on track for that 15.4 at the last count and tge same weight in January. I am pleased to see that regardless what I eat on non fast days I didn’t put on any weight and have even lost a couple of pounds, I just wanted to tread water for a while. I have put myself on tge waiting list with my health trainer again and I shall soon be seeing him, that is the time to start.

Hemmy, don’t wish bad things on your brother, you will find when he isn’t there how much you miss him. I miss one of my brothers but tge other one at the moment is really irritating. I don’t see him often though.

Hi Celtic, Sig, Karen and any others I have forgotten my apologies xx

Ginette

Audrey, thanks so much for sharing that. It is not that we are mean but we are not filthy rich! I have told her our pension money is now tied up long term. I lent our son some money towards a business van and he paid me back within a week. Neil has a son from an early liaison who wanted £3K to buy a new vehicle, egged on by his gf I may add. I barely know him. He came into our life quite a few years ago out of the blue.

Moaning over, promise.

Anyway, went to supermarket this a.m. and jeggings kept sliding down. Def doing ok but not showing on the scales. Chin is firmly up.

Ginette, so sorry to hear of your ill health. What a pain. Hope you get sorted out asap. x

I am a little worried Milena about your venture into Atkins although you said modified. I did Dukan at one point lost 5 lbs in as many days but never felt so ghastly. Dizzy, disorientated and constipation. I was too mean to buy the book and didn’t take on board I should have had the bran! Be careful my fellow dancing queen. You are so needed!

Am about to have a boiled egg. Whoopee. Food.

Love and hugs all round. xx

Bev x

Beverley

Some weeks you can lose lbs other weeks you lose inches. If you are losing your jeggings guess which one is you! ….think it’s time to buy next size down or ask santa!

Audrey

Hi Bev x

You have to cruel to be kind says she the worst culprit of being easy going with a child.

I know from lots of experience this “helping out and lending money) does no one a scrap of good in the long run..It hasn’t here anyway.
    My Mum and Dad never had the money to help me so it was save up till you could afford something. It has made me appreciate looking after things and not being wasteful. Never waste any food and clothes are carefully looked after for years.

Now my daughter has been helped out on numerous occasions either given or lent. Lots of her possessions’ have been left all over the place… easy come and go I suppose.
    Mum who talks a lot of old fashioned sense told me years ago I was making a rod for my own back… and not helping at all. It was true.

I have at long last made it quite plain ” No More”..as I don’t know what I am going to need in years to come… and it seems to have been noted at last.
    Stop now Bev .. hard though it may be.

Gin…..ette so lovely to hear from you.x

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. A friend of mine experience’s similar symptoms as you.

Cant get to the bottom of it. Now she has come to the conclusion it is brought on by stress. She does experience being sick as well when she has the dizziness.
    She now wears those wristbands you have for flying .. from Boots the chemist. They have really helped her and attacks are much more seldom now.

I know I sound bitter about my brother .. and its not my nature at all but actually I really dislike him. Awful as that may be… doubt very much that I will keep in touch after the link with my Mum.

I am 11stone exactly started at 12st 1. You have and are doing brilliantly .. our shining star.

Hope you soon feel better Ginette take care Xx

Hi Bev

How could I forget you, I am so sorry 🙁

My mind isn’t on the forum, thank you for your good wishes, I am not used to feeling unwell and I would rather have something that I can name than the unknown.

Well, I suggest a new pair of leggings……most of us worry about our knickers falling down, I wear skirts so nothing to hold them up!! You keep savings as you never know when you will need it.

Hi Audrey 🙂 I feel better for being on here.

Hi Hemmy

Well you need to set a target by Christmas, mine is 4lb less than now, fancy taking that on with me? I am hoping I will get there as it is only a few weeks ago, the next target is that by the second week of January to be back to the Christmas weight, so just to maintain.

I have just looked at some new tablets doctor has prescribed, side effects (1 in 10 people) dizziness, fainting, vertigo!! …….amongst many others and a warning if you suffer heart attack or stroke whilst taking these to get an ambulance!! I hate taking meds like these, seasick pills seem to be helping though xx

Ginette

Ladies
    You are saving my sanity today. I am afraid what mood the daughter will be in tomorrow. She can wipe the floor with me and I am sorry to say that Neil has quite a lot of dementia. If anything happened to me, God forbid, he would end up with nothing.

The bank is closed. Oh dear Hemmy, my daughter had belongings all over the place too. Mainly in Aus. We had boxes arriving. 2 years ago nearly. She has had problems with drink and drugs and at one point when Neil was terribly ill it was like running a rehab clinic as well as looking after him. It had happened before too. Sometimes I feel so tired of it all.

If I told the bad years it is awful. It’s only since my dad died that I was left with money who everyone and their auntie is after.

I have to thank you all for the sympathy and Ginette, you look after yourself. You are a mainstay here! I am a strong old bird, well used to make do and mend. A survivor.

That course I was supposed to be doing has not helped things at all. No looking back. Today is today and that’s all that matters.

Bev xxx

Hi Bev

Funny how people come flocking when money is there. We find the strength to look after our loved ones where we thought there was none. My mother was so ill when she came to me she couldn’t walk from the chair in her bedroom to the bed, with care and reducing her medication she got better for a while, but tge damage had been done, a medication she was on had triggered Parkinson’s and this was so sad.

Enjoy your life, do things together that seem a good idea now and don’t put them off, no one knows what tomorrow will bring, it is no use worrying about it as we will know soon enough. (This comes from a worrier as well – how it would be nice to take my own good advice) xx

Ginette

Hi My Dear friends. x

Just throwing this out there.

After reading all posts today … I wonder if our personal problems have attributed to our weight problems.

Just a thought. Xx

Hi Hemmy

Definetly in my case, when my Mum was ill and living with me I put on 4 stone x

Hi hemmy

I put my weight on when I stopped smoking, gained 3 stone started eating instead. As much as I would like to blame my family in this case not guilty. …

Audrey

Hi Ginette and Audrey. x

Thank you for your reply’s.

I got to wondering if personal problems were the cause of why we are here… Because we all seem in how different ways caring or worrying type of people.

I know the smoking is a problem as both my husband and partner smoked heavily.
    In fact I always believed Andrew would still be here if he had continued to smoke. After giving up a few years before he passed over … he became very stressed at the least little thing. Also gained a lot of weight.

Obviously food must be a comfort for some reason. I always said that I just enjoyed food and wine but not so convinced now.

Trying to look back ( although they say its not good for you) and see when I started to have a problem.

I can also see caring for a loved one.. giving your all for their comfort would have a great impact on your life. Food would be an easy pleasure to comfort your fears I am sure.

After reading back my thoughts I see that wine not food was my comfort to block out the trauma. Well .. the wine triggered the food craving.

Well … onwards looking upwards and finally downwards with the pounds. We CAN do this girls… tomorrow is another very good day to try. Xx

Hi, just crept in, reading posts backwards doesn’t help, Ginettes, thoughts with you, pointless saying don’t stress, but do in in patches, give yourself time away from worry, seems we all have siblings we could do without, y’all know Ivcone from a large family, elder sister has always disliked me, I believecos she was left with Nana and we had the wonderful step-dad – Gawd the cock-eyed impression the world gets – would have swapped with her in a nano second, my son has never borrowed more than a fiver, and always paid it straight back, my mum on the other hand,’borrowed’ thousands’ – I bought her a lot of jewellery over the years, which was all promised to me on her death. Didn’t see a thing.

Workd of difference between lending to help someone out, which always returned, wouldn’t lend a penny to any of my four younger sister’s, they have all had my money and never paid it back. My brothers, to whom I would give my last, have never borrowed – maybe that’s why I would give them my last??

I see I have started some of youvworrying, how nice that you do, but only doing this Atkins lark for two weeks, perhaps a month.

Not much red meat, definitely not piling on the butter, cream etc – why would you? I suppose I’m really trying it as low carb. No caffeine, no alcohol, mainly fish and leafy veg. No pasta, rice, tatties, and if course no biscuits and cakes. Interested in dropping the carbs, so please don’t worry, especially as I am just sitting on the sette, listing on eBay. Neither physical or mental work, so I figure a good time to have a go. I’ve always eaten carbs, so just dropping those a wee bit.

anyway, off to bed, busy weekend, I hope!!!!

Good morning friends.. hope all is well with you and yours.

A big change in the weather again this morning ..although raining we have a lovely blue sky. Please no snow yet.. Christmas would be nice ..well a little. Lol

Hoping for a relaxing easy day …I think it will be Mr Pip duty for me as Kristy had an horrendous coughing fit on the tube last night. Hopefully get her rested and sorted a bit by Monday. Unfortunately Billy the lovely trainer has been cancelled today. Lolol.

Will try to have a mindful sensible week-end eating with no wine.

Ginette .. Yay lets do that 4lb by Xmas .. you mentioned yesterday … will we start Monday FD .. Told you we needed you to motivate us. I was trying to creep along at this weight till after Xmas. Lol Xx

ANYONE ELSE JOINING US.

Audrey have a safe journey home and try to give yourself some TLC you need that. A good sleep in your own bed will help a lot. Hope Mums a little better today. Xx

Milena .. Don’t push yourself too hard..take care of yourself. Hoping this W/E is very profitable for you all. Come and tell us how it goes. Xx

Bev .. hope your Daughter has arrived and all is well. Have a lovely week-end ..don’t for get to be mindful though. New jeggings here we come. Xx

Karen..Celtic.. Newbs..Sig…Blaise.. and anyone else looking in. Pop in and have a chat .. so much easier with friends to share.

Have a good day Brits..

Take pride in how far you have come and faith in how much further you can go. Xx

Morning all

We have snow….not enough to stop me going home though.

Sunday lunch with very good friends tomorrow so looking forward to that very much, will be nice to catch up and do “normal ”

Have a good weekend everybody

I am not fasting at the moment will get back to it soon I hope

Audrey

You are on Hemmy!

Is it possible I wonder to lose 8 lbs or maybe 7 lbs? You have fired me with enthusiasm! It would be so good to get to 12 st.

11 st 12 lbs is my first goal. What I was before my dad died.

Christmas Eve Hemmy how lovely to get 4 lbs off for your birthday. Oh yes and Ginette I know you will do so well too.

Exciting.

Audrey safe journey. x

Better get dressed I guess.

Hugs all round

Bev x

Oh Audrey .. Sunday lunch with friends lovely. Just what the Doctor ordered for you. A well deserved treat.

I don’t blame you not fasting at the moment. You have enough to contend with. I think your stew and dumplings are well called for at the moment. Safe journey Audrey. Xx

Bevvvv What are you blimming like. 7 OR 8 pounds .. I am going to have to dig deep to put on my sensible fasting mode for 4lbs. I had sat back comfortably on 11st till after Xmas.
    Ginette is right though we should do this.

If by my Birthday I lose 4lbs that will make me 4lbs of Weight Watchers highest weight for me. I did feel good at that. YES LETS DO IT Xx

LOL ok Hemmy, I think 4 lbs is more realistic!!

Just got a bit too excited! x

Beverley and hemmy

You go girls will cheer you on from the sidelines. …. aim for the moon shoot to the stars. …

Audrey

Friends

I have a new recruit! A lady doing market research at Tesco. I mentioned Fast and she had seen the documentary and tried it. She did well but has lapsed as life got in the way. I suggested coming on here and she seems really keen. Very friendly and very nice so I hope she does.

Yay Bev

More the merrier to give us more inspiration and encouragement to crack this.

Going to try and do 3 FDs next week Mon…Wed…Fri.

With that in mind I think a trip to McDonalds could be on the cards today if Kristy is up to it. Plus some wine.. watching Strictly Come Dancing.

Make the most of this week-end girl … blue cheese… salmon and all or whatever. lol

Back to serious business Monday morning.

Thank you Ginette for giving us our Get Up And Go Mojo back again. Xx

Thanks Audrey for your continued encouragement.Xx

Me too Hemmy
    That is the wine and strictly!! 3 fast days? Err……I suppose it may be worth trying. I have nothing to lose but fat lol.

Hope Kristy gets better soon. The virus we had hung around for so long and the cough was awful. Daughter said the cough has gone now she is in the clean air of Turin. She has still not arrived here but know she was going to London for yesterday evening.

Bev x

Hi Britts,

It sounds like many of you are having frustrating times with the family or illness. Hang in there.

Hemmy and Beverly, I will join you. Beverly – 8, are you insane:) Shoot for 4!
    I have put on 3 lbs in the last 2 weeks due too many dinners and a buffet that were carb focused. I only did one fast day this past week.
    It is Thanksgiving here this Thurs. That usually means a big feast much like a Christmas dinner with friends who are are great cooks .I plan to fast Tues & possibly Wed.
    Goal is to get the 3 lbs off by Christmas eve. If I get 4 off, I will be really happy. I was at my goal weight, but am now realizing I could still loose a couple more.

Audrey, did they get snow in Lancashire?

Enjoy the week-end everyone.

Hi Sig, Lovely to see you. Sounds like you have had a busy two weeks. Yes, lets do this 4lbs.

So far its Bev … Sig … Hemmy. Anyone else up for the 4lb Christmas Eve Challenge. Xx

Hi everyone!

Hemmy, interesting day, freezing yesterday setting up, but son and his pal came along and helped. A bit of flexing of elbows lady behind us iswell into our space, but someone gave us an extra table space, so it was easy to be kind, though we stood in our exit a lot!!!! Couldn’t believe that the older lady kept shoving me and tutting, after she blocked her own exitecto get an extra table. OH is the most easy going guy until someone tries to take a lend! Fireworks tomorrow perhaps! OH has the ability to put folk in their place without causing world war III, unlike his wife!

The first three hours were dismal, hardly a sale. But the day went ok, we are into profit and we have a second day tomorrow. The young ‘uns have their own table and are also into profit, so proud of them, they are learning good lessons.

Very tiring though, 2 weekends out after a couple of months recovery, Im still not up to scratch. Making chicken soup tomorrow, so looking forward to something simple, then a busy day and a half day off, at an art nouveau exhibition in Glasgow.

I hope everyone has a lovely, peaceful Sunday. Travel hopefully…..

Evenin All 🙂

Well! you are all inspiring me to join you in the 4lb challenge and 3 fast days it is! Monday, Wednesday and Thursday is the only way I can fit it in but will give it a go! If I could do 6lb, that would be a stone! What a Christmas pressy that would be!

Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar on FDs? Supposed to suppress the appetite and help to detox. Been reading Jason fung’s blog and it is very informative re the fasting.

Great day today at a ‘taster day’ (no, not food:) for a counselling couse which starts in January. Really lovely people and quite excited about the whole thing. Always said I would never study again and here I am thinking of another 2 years- what is that about?

Audrey, have a lovely day tomorrow – you deserve it – and Hemmy, keep it coming with the cheery posts – the weight loss journey is definitely one that needs support so thank you all

Xxx

Hi all

I got home safely and am set for my day out yippee. ….

Hope you are all having a good weekend I have enjoyed reading your posts whilst I was with mum you really know how to lift a girls spirit.

I may try to join you on your 4lb xmas eve challenge, as I have popped on scales this morning and have gained 2lb…… thanks mum!

I am however going to enjoy my Sunday lunch first…..

Enjoy your Sunday keep in touch happy Sunday to all….

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Hi Milena sounds like it could be a good weekend for you. Your OH sounds like a nice man…easy going but when push come to shove you know he will step in with a few choice words when need be.. Andrew was like that . Lovely for you to have your family around while doing your business. Have good day with lots of profit. Xx

Hi Newbs. Glad you found the course interesting ..just what you need to keep your mind active after retiring from your work. Bet it will be so enjoyable with not having the pressure of a job. Have a good day.Xx

Audrey good to see you back. How are you feeling in yourself healthwise. Or is that a silly question. I know you were suffering recently. Hope Mum is a little better.

Enjoy your lunch today .. well deserved .. try to do the Xmas Eve Challenge but most of all be good to yourself. Xx

Well. so far so good with not getting Kristy cough. We succumbed to McDonalds yesterday … Soup crusty French bread … nibbles a bit of choc and wine last night.

Feel bloody awful today .. bloated and lethargic. Picking Mum up for Sunday roast chicken lunch .. will have to disguise it as she will say ” serves you right”. Lolol Bless her .. she keeps me on my toes and down to earth.

Anyway … thank god its the start of FDs tomorrow.

Right the Christmas Eve 4lbs… Ginette …Hemmy…Bev…Sig…Newbs..Audrey … Anyone else up for it.

Brit lovelies..

Don’t be afraid to fail…Be afraid not to try. Xx

What a lovely bright sunny morning although cold. Have been feeding and watering the birds on the patio.

Well, after reading all, I am more excited than ever!! This is gathering pace. Ooh Hemmy, leader of the pack, look what you have started!

It’s so good to see so many of us around. Thinking of all. Hope Ginette and Celtic are ok.

Milena, so much good luck on the sales but take care of yourself too.

Newby you are sounding so up you will breeze this. 6 lbs sounds good to me!

Slg, glad you are in on this. LOL 8 lbs NO couldn’t do it I guess!!

Audrey, enjoy today.

Daughter is still in bed, husband has just crept down. Gotta go.

Bev xxx

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.X

Hope everyone had a good week-end. Bev, Hope you enjoyed the time with your Daughter.Xx

Well Friends todays the day of getting back to a nice lean… clean way of life.

Over the past few weeks I have allowed myself to get lazy with FDs. Thinking I have done well and resting on my laurels.
    Well time to reboot and get back in the mind set of ” fast days” at least kicking off with 3 this week. ( not sure if I have done 3 before) maybe a 700 semi day in the past.

Anyway, here goes again.. back to being on top of it and getting this old body performing the very best it can.

Looking back over those first weeks I felt so good. Noticed this morning ankles feel a bit puffy not achy as originally. So NO WINE…till Xmas Eve.

If I can do that I am half way there.. as it triggers eating the bad stuff for me… as you know.Lol What triggers you off to mindless eating ?

Well our little band of Brits .. here we go. Get prepared for the day. Just think tomorrow you can ease off a bit. Think … Audrey and Milena do liquids … Back to back FDs .. we are just doing today. Worth a thought don’t you think.

Lots of liquid today for me. Measured out milk for big mugs of hot tea or coffee… a bit of squash with lemon juice and hot water. 2 boiled eggs to eat when needed as I am not good going till later… Then yesterdays chicken with lots of veg made in into a stew /soup for dinner about 7pm.

Really trying to cut carbs to the bone… usually need a crispbread with the boiled egg as it can be a bit sickly alone. Trying without today.

Yay Yay Yay … Lets go .

Brit lovelies… Don’t let what you cant do … Stop you doing what you can do. Xx

Morning all

Not posting much sorry busy sorting house before going back to mums and oh yes baking biscuits for mum and hubby and walking dogs, ironing etc etc

Will be back in touch soon, back to mums tomorrow

Audrey

Morning all

Sunny here. Cold too.

Hemmy, I am going to do 2 days and perhaps a semi too. I don’t want to fade away! lol

Daughter caught early flight back and went straight to the office. I have never known her so relaxed and happy. What a relief. So pleased for her.

Well this is it then. Teeth are gritted and am ready to roll!!

Hugs to all.

Bev x

Hi Audrey sounds like you have your work cut out today. We are always here for you when you have a minute… which sounds rare at the moment. Take care Xx

Hi Bev .. So pleased for you that the Daughter is happy and well .. thats all we really ask for at the bottom of it.
    Just done a hour and a half over the fields.. very bracing but enjoyable in the sunshine.
    I was starving,, Lol when I got back .. just had a mug of Oxo .. boiled egg with a few slices of cucumber. Will do the same at 4pm. Chicken stew /soup smells lovely. Drinking lots of hot lemon water does fill you up.

How’s all the rest of the Brit lovelies doing. Xx

Hemmy

Just came on here same time as you, are you sending vibes or something? That’s a good walk.

Have had a bag of velvet crunch 86 cals. So far.

Need to vacuum now again as dog is moulting like mad. Think I’ll have slimmers soup later.

How is Kristy? Hope the cough is clearing up.

We are thin on the ground today so far!

Bev x

Hiya fasting buddies

All good here so far! Sounds like you are all keeping busy – distraction techniques I think!

Doing ok today as I have my 7month grandson keeping me on my toes!

One cup of miso so far! Haven’t done the walk though Hemmy!

Keep up the good work!

Xx

Hi Bev and Newbs.

Had a good day .. hope you have too.

Stuck with my plan .. the eggs were much better having the sliced cucumber.

Tonight had the chicken soup 2 bowls. Feel really full. It helped keeping very busy today. Applied my 30 minutes.. doing things… I had been putting off.

Hope everyone is having a good day whatever you are doing. Xx

Hi fasting buddies

Sounds like you have done well today Hemmy! Did it go ok Bev? – you got me curious for velvet crunch!!

Good day today and feel back in control after a days fasting. Filled up on a large helping of ratatouille tonight which was nice with some chicken.

Feed day tomorrow and then fasting Wednesday and Thursday (going off on Friday to a lovely hotel in Sidmouth for the weekend) OH getting slowly better after the pneumonia so we are having a treat! I will probably be doing 3 days again next week to have any hope of making my target!

Audrey, if you are looking in, I hope your Mum is continuing to recover from her fall – she is so lucky to have you.

Hope everyone else is doing ok – amazing how much strength I get from you guys!

Pooped from my granny duties so off to bed – yeah!

Newbsxx

Hi all,

I am back to mums later today with freshly baked biscuits in hand to try to get her to eat. …

I am not fasting I am finding it difficult just now to get my head round to it, I am however hoping to come home for a while on Sunday perhaps next week I can do a fast I am still hoping for 4lb xmas eve and I hope it’s off not on!

I will not be posting too much this week but will read your posts and if I can help anyone will answer when I can.

Good luck to you all, stay in touch, remember that together we are stronger!

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Looks a damp day hopefully all will change as going to Buckingham for a bit of Xmas shopping. A small market town which still has some nice little individual shops.

Bev .. like Newbs I am intrigued about Velvet Crunch. Lol Hope you day went well yesterday. Just weighed and had lost about half a pound so just under 11st.. nothing Worth registering.. good job I did the good FD yesterday. Hopefully really into those 10s next week. Xx

Newbs What a lovely treat going to Sidmouth for the week-end. So pretty down there. We had a weeks timeshare at the Devoncourt Hotel in Exmouth for 25 yrs. Always 2nd week in Feb .. out of season. Loved it. Still set back in time I always thought. Lyme Regis .. Dartmouth ..Sidmouth .. were always visited every year. We loved it.. could have traded for abroad but preferred Devon.

Have a lovely time with your Hubby … you both deserve some “you” time. Xx

Hi Audrey .. Home baked biscuits Mmmm. Hope you return finds your Mum really feeling better. Don’t take any nonsense from family. You are a lovely person and unfortunately those people are often taken for granted because they are trusted to be caring. Take care Audrey look forward to hearing from you when possible. We are here for you. Xx

Hope all our little corner of the world is ok. Ginette…Milena..Karen..Celtic ..Sig.. Blaise… and all.

Brit lovelies… The minute you think of giving up .. Think of the reason why you stayed so long. Xx

Hi all

1 lb down here but weight in for the week is Friday so I shall see then. Blimey 12 st 7 lbs. Better than 13 st 5 lbs!!!!!!

Hemmy, half is not to be sniffed at, what a gal!

Newbs, great you are doing so well, sorry to hear about the pneumonia but glad he is a little better. The sea air will do him good for sure. I had it last summer and thought I was going to die!

Ah, velvet crunch, my little treat. I LOVE c and o crisps but they are 135 cals. C and o velvet crunch are only 86 but give me my cheese fix.

Audrey, hope your mum is getting better, say hello from me.

Everyone else, hello, and hope to see you here soon.

Bev x

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing ok.
    FD for me today. Unfortunately I woke up at 3.30 am. Wide awake, no going back to sleep. I will just have to do yoga before going into work at 6.30 am. Makes the day long though. I will have to use the will power to get through the sugar mine field at work. I didn’t do so well yesterday though.

I have decided to take Wed as an extra day off work. I plan to get in extra exercise, even if it is just walking. Going to Pebble Beach for Thanksgiving and the rain should have stopped by then. Hopefully we will be able to go stand-up paddling in the ocean (even if I have to wear a wetsuit).
    Beverly, Hemmy & Newby- I am going to have to get serious to keep up with you. I will weigh in on Sat or Sun and let you know if I lost or gained.
    Audrey – take care of your self as well as your Mum. Try to stay away from the homemade biscuits:)

Hi Friends. x

Bev. well done you that’s brilliant .. That’s nearly a stone loss. Whey hey. If you can keep going this week you will defiantly crack it.

I have seen those crisps … for some reason I was thinking breakfast cereal. Lol Xx

Hi Sig .. Seems like everyone I speak to is having probs sleeping. A spoonful of honey is really good soothing.. worth a try.
    Walking is sooo good .. I really notice a difference when I have a week off if Kristy takes Mr Pips out. More supple walking daily.

Have a lovely Thanks Giving… hope the weather is good for you. Look in when you can. Xx

Well folks .. I am trying to be good today… staying around 1200 cals. Have come to the conclusion.. Its not the fast days that are the problem as I see it its the following day especially.

This is a way of life not a diet ….BUT .. I think it would be better instead of saying Fast Days and Feast Days … Fast Days and Normal Days I reckon.

If you call them feast days you may well revert to why we are here in the first place. IYKWIM. Surely what we are all aiming for is a body weight that is normal for our height and age… So eating should be normal not feasting. Of course I suppose you could say Feasting is just a word .. but it does conjure up thoughts of Midnight feasts … Banquet feasts.

Lolol All in my opinion of course … brought on by realising its not the FDs with me its the Feasts ( Normal days eating.)

Yay way to go Brits .. Like Audrey says Together we are Strong. ( hope you have a safe journey and ALL the biscuits delivered safely to your Mum and Ian.) Xx

I am at mums safely. ..and bus cuts delivered safely too ……

Will be in touch soon, keep on going brits….you are all superstars to me… hopefully will be fasting again next week with you all mum is looking very much better….

Will post when I can

Audrey

Hi Fasting buddies

Sounds like we’re all pretty motivated! Well done Hemmy and Bev. I am doing my best to weigh in only on Fridays so am hoping the 3 FDs will pay off. Sig, have a lovely thanksgiving – being next to the sea always feels so liberating!

Audrey – enjoy your visit to your Mum.

Had normal day today! Lol – yes , I agree Hemmy – feasting sounds a bit like gorging to me so I will have ND and FD from now on and tomorrow and Thursday are b2b FD’s! I ate a big cheese scone today with butter and felt so yuk afterwards that I will be glad to fast tomorrow. Amazing how the appeal of these things is waning! I usually have a good healthy diet on NDs but sometimes just completely the wrong thing just grins at me and I seccumb!

Have daughter and 8 mth grandson staying this week as she has builders in. I forgot how totally exhausting little ones can be but he is a happy little soul who makes us laugh!

Keep strong everyone – together we can crack it!

Newbsxx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 35,376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.