Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,882 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 15 hours, 38 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,651 through 19,700 (of 35,367 total)

• Sat having a coffee…

Cut both lawns and then scarified them both…taken loads of dead grass to tip…we usually put our grass cuttings in a neighbours bin but thought it a cheek to put so much in…I don’t use the brown bin due to going away and having a stinking mess we usually take it to tip but she said she doesn’t mind…

We are both still ok here..I think eggs for tonight, with beans for Steve, tomatoes for me, 1 slice of bread…shopping tomorrow…

Waiting for my daughter to call, she takes Maxi out so it’s later than usual….having a sit at the moment..

Keep strong everyone…

Jean x

I don’t mind Mondays, when you’re retired every day is a bank holiday 😁, will be glad when I get my state pension and bus pass,saves searching for somewhere to park the car.I gave Heidi a big bowl of chicken which soon disappeared then took her out in the warm sunshine.

We have all finished for the day…lots of rumbling tums today..

Quite agree Dave every day is the same….

Xx

Been an easy FD today, only had two cups of tea, will have something to eat now😁

Evening! Had extra coffee today, so making it a liquid fast, not too hungry, I think stomach still full from the overindulgence yesterday, I’m ashamed to say!
    When we changed our old scales to digital scales I weighed more too 🙁
    Minols- glad that you’ve had a good day, & survived lunch!
    Pseudo- glad your day has gone quickly, shame to be looking forward to the weekend already, it’s awful when you’re in a job like that…
    Jean- hope the meal’s filled you both up a bit!
    Dave- glad your day’s been easier!
    DF, KL- how are you doing? Claire?
    Lynne- enjoy the leftovers!
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone!
    Xena fell asleep on hubby’s lap so got lots of jobs done- if she’s awake there’s a limit to what I can do without her getting into mischief, but if she’s asleep in her crate I can’t make too much noise in the kitchen, so there’s not much I can do there!
    Ugh, was organised & ordered some books from Amazon for Mum’s birthday- she told me some ones she wanted yesterday- then Dad rang this morning to say could I not get them as her friend had brought the same ones round for mum to read, so cancelled the order, then Mum rang later with the titles of the ones her friend had given her, & there were none of the ones she’d given me the idea for anyway! I didn’t tell her I’d had to cancel the order! She did admit yesterday that she’s not remembering things as well, so thinks she might have Alzheimer’s coming…We’ve noticed a few things, like she’d got children’s wrapping paper for hubby & BIL’s birthday presents! I told her I’m going to start practicing the techniques in the Contented Dementia book I’ve been reading!

Today has actually been a pretty easy fasting day. Was really busy at work so the time flew, just had my first meal of the day and a herbal tea 🙂

Hope everyone else has managed ok x

Kitchen closed for the day. Turkey burgers alright and go no complaints from the boy but nor my favourite thing – sloppy to make, too dry when cooked!

Bath and early night so I can wake up having got a complete FD under my belt as it were.

Went by moped today… 45mins to an hour of wishing I had list one more layer on, but planned for an overheated venu… Which it wasn’t! Coming home was a bit hairy as the wind had really got up – felt like an hour long roller coaster… Don’t think my buttocks have unclenched from the fear even yet! Still – chuffed to have achieved it.

Mx

Evening everyone

Just lost a long post, grrrrrrr….

Minols, always hard getting them up first day back in school. The moped ride home sounds like you combined it with some pelvic floor exercises – bonus.

DF, not sure what the weather forecast is like for the weekend, but nice to get away. Where are you staying?

Pseudo, I think most of us struggle with work on a Monday, the weekend always seems such a long way off.

Jean, hope Steve manages to get a chance to tinker with his bike whilst his back is still good.

HH, could Xena’s tummy problems be ‘digestive indiscretion’? Hopefully all settled now.

Katie, FD are always easier when you can keep busy, glad it went well.

Claire, new scales often throw things off for a week or so. Hope you get chance to get some fun stuff done this week and not just appointments. Half term is next week with us.

Dave, funny how our pets always manage to scoff some chicken even if they’ve turned their noses up at the usual food.

I think the animals in my house are a bit ‘confused’. The dog likes to sleep under the duvet in Bec’s bed and will chase a ball but can’t get the hang of bringing it back. The kitten however has will play ‘fetch’ for hours. He chases a small sponge ball, picks it up, carries it back and drops it in your hand. Britain’s Got Talent here we come.

Going to try for an early night tonight as been picking Bec up from work every day for over a week and rarely ended up seeing the right side of midnight. I know Dave, an early night by your standards, but going to try and be tucked up by 10.

Tomorrow’s food for Bec sorted, so I’m hoping for a FD. Think I’ll be on my own though as most of you managed one today.

Night everyone

Lynne x

No hockey tonight so may have an early night,1am ish😁.My chest feels funny,this is where anxiety kicks in, hopefully it will pass.

Dave, you’re bound to be a bit anxious, but you’re risk of another heart attack is lower now than it has been for years.

Relax and enjoy the hockey.

Lynne x

Thanks for that Lynne.Its all part and parcel of having an heart attack, think the anxiety is the worst part.

Eurgh, I just lost five hours re-writing and tweaking my assignment. I’m still 100 words short of the guideline in one section but I’m not good at waffling, I say what I want to say, give my facts to support it and move on. I really don’t know how I can get in another 100 words. :S Made the evening go fast without thinking about food, so there’s that.
    I’m also trying to draft an email to a project leader at the local uni to see if I can volunteer on their project, such a fine line to sound professional, but friendly, but not like I’m sucking up, but enthusiastic…

Dave, thought 1am was a bit early if you were watching the hockey. Does this mean you’re trawling the channels looking for sport to watch?

Pseudo, a difficult balance to the email. You’re obviously very keen to get involved in the project so don’t temper your enthusiasm too much. Good luck with the word count.

L x

No may watch a film, Thursday next hockey midnight start.

Morning all

Awake at 1.30 gave up at 2.30 and up ever since sorting books to keep me out of the kitchen. Not too difficult as I’ve been planning a big study sort out… Need to do that end of the room before I can do the sewing end.

Had my toast and honey and just now flagged onto the sofa – do I try to sleep for an hour? Not sure how today will go, but I can kepp to myself pretty much I think which is fortunate!

Good luck with you FD, Lynne.

Mx

Morning all, it’s so dark when I get to work and the clocks haven’t even gone back yet! I need to remember to bleed all the radiators this evening, they’re not as hot as they should be, especially the one in my bedroom.
    Second FD for me today. Lots of work left over from yesterday so maybe today will go fast, I doubt it though.

Hi guys 🙂

Do the clocks go back this weekend?

Lynne, we’re going to Shell Island Campsite in Llanbedr .. never been before. A few of our VW friends are going too, so there will be a few of us. I’m looking forward to getting away, even if it is cold 🙂 a change of scene is always good!

Lots of posts from yesterday, sounds like everyone did well on their FD. I managed okay, had about 460 cals, so although I struggled a bit .. the Bovril was a life saver yesterday.

I can eat today 🙂

Have a great day, still SO dark here .. winter on the way!

x

I think it’s this weekend, yeah.
    I miss my VW camper. 🙁

Morning All…

Brrrrrr here and windy…

Nothing much planned but a pile of ironing to do..caravan bedding to wash….a new spicy recipe for tonight with chicken, so that to be made..

Hedgehog..
    What a shame on the mixup of books, presents are hard to buy at our age with have most things…she may not have the start with Alzheimer’s we are all the same our brain is over loaded with information and we forget things…I think as long as you know you have forgotten that’s not too bad…it’s when you don’t know!…how old is your mum?…although it’s a worry….

Katie…
    A good for you yesterday…getting in the swing you seem..😀

Minols..
    Well done on the ‘first’ under the belt…the bike ride sounded scary…

Pseu..
    I agree so very dark and the clocks do go back…..winters here…hope you get the radiators sorted..

DL..
    It has a different feel in the winter wrapped up warm going out and about, I don’t mind it at all…enjoy your time with your friends I sure some wine will be drunk…it’s cosy warm and dark outside…I am not sure on the area you are going I will look it up…

Lynne..
    Hope your day goes well today…I think you are on your own unless there are some B2Bs….

Jean x

DL..
    Shell island looks absolutely lovely…shame no caravans….definitely out in the wilds and so close to the beach…

Watch the tide times as there is a course way to get across
    this Friday/ Saturday closed about 8.30 am to noon…I don’t know what time you are away for…and again in the evening…

Have a great time…

Jean x

It definitely seems to be getting easier and I don’t seem so greedy on “normal” days now. I’ll be swapping my FD day from Thursday to tomorrow this week as I have cinema and dinner planned Thursday evening so I want to be able to enjoy that, not sure how I will get on with having another FD only one day after a normal day but I’ll see.

Hope everyone has a good day 🙂

Katie..
    It’s strange I always find it hard to swap…my two days are set in stone…it will be interesting how you find it..

Xx

I always do Monday and Thursday but don’t find it difficult to change days.went to bed at one am but didn’t really watch anything on TV.Not been out yet but it’s grey and feels cold.Going shopping to Sainsbury’s soon then out with Heidi.

Thanks Jean, we’ve been saying we need to check the tide times. I imagine we’ll be getting there lunchtime, so hopefully will be okay after 12. Its a fair drive! Glad I’ve booked Friday off work to travel down there 🙂 I love how its on the beach .. Steve can fish (which he loves) and I can stay cosy in the van with my book lol!

Nine weeks until Christmas🎅🎅🎅,Done my Christmas and birthday shopping 🥳only need to get Denise her presents,we get the rest between us.Its cold outside,my hand was freezing holding Heidi’s lead, could be time to dig out my gloves,don’t like wareing them though.

Dave- thanks for that reminder! We have lots of family birthdays through the Autumn as well to buy for, got a few bits but not much…
    Jean- hope you think of something to do for your Christmas! Hope your chicken recipe goes well… Mum is coming up for 73, so not that old, but my Nan had quite well advanced dementia by then…Mum popped in today & was laughing about Dad getting quite forgetful too, they have some fun arguments about who told who what, the other one’s forgotten etc.!
    DF- the trip sounds lovely if you can keep warm!
    Lynne- hope your FD has gone okay?
    KL- I’m sure you’ll be fine fasting tomorrow, I’ll be fasting again too.
    Minols- Your night was worse than mine then, you must be flagging now! At least it was productive time.. How’s the butt muscle’s today?!
    Pseud- hope you get your email right & get to volunteer…I was always the opposite with assignments, I’d go on for ages & have to cut lots out…
    Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone! Up with Xena at 3am, & then for good at 5.30 as she needed the loo again, poor baby. So weird that she goes all day without it, & stores it all up for night time! Getting through so much chicken & rice, don’t want to think about the cost! Stocked up at Tesco’s…& both the boys have been at home today, so feeding them all day as well!
    Eaten more than I planned- I am so terrible when I’m tired- but not as bad as the weekend!

Afternoon All..
    Looks like we won’t get another fast in this week….my sister who hasn’t been down to our house for three years, is coming tomorrow and staying a few days….I had a almighty big row with her for gossiping and causing trouble within the family, a few will remember. She more or less stopped talking to me, I was on the verge of calling it a day with her in the next few weeks as it was upsetting me a lot.
    Steve told me to push her in a corner and see if she would come, it will be a difficult few days especially at the beginning…I shall go and pick her up and take her back…she won’t drive much now, it’s only 30 mins away on 4 roads to us!!..she seems to be panicky and stressed and aged…..ummm all fun…

We are seeing a vascular surgeon in three weeks..our doctor was fobbing us off but then made the appointment …when we said the back surgeon said Steve could die on the operating table without it being sorted..

Dave…
    I have usually done my Xmas shopping by now…not this year with Steve and holidays cancelled….must pull my socks up and get the cards wrote…I have a few woolly scarves out no gloves yet….

Jean x

Hedgehog..
    You jumped before me…lol

My sister is 74 next week..but seems a lot older than us and nervous about everything…your Mums not too bad at 73…I know what she means as we get that too, if one forgets the other remembers..hopefully…

Poor Xena it’s been a while poor little love….you up in the night too, you will be shattered..

Still thinking on Xmas our friends come back off holiday at the weekend so we will have to see what they are thinking…strange to go somewhere other than family for Xmas….

Grandson called for a couple of hours lovely to see him..a really long chat, he was passing by, he’s grown up to be very thoughtful a good catch for someone, he must be 6 3” now…

Jean x

Hi all

HH – I always eat too much when I’m tired, too. But I managed to pull things back with a really yummy hairy bikers’ fish pie recipe – less than 300cals and then added some peas. The boy complained at first but actually really liked it. I’d planned ham but decided not to risk leaving the fish any longer. Cooked the ham for OH’s lunch and the leftovers will go into the famous leftovers suet crust pie with the bits scavenged from the roast chicken at the weekend.

It’s a main meal, but I won’t eat anything else tomorrow as I’m not su re I’ll manage a complete FD on Thursday – walking with an old gentleman and that usually requires cake!

Hope, Xena has a quiet night tonight.
    Mx

Not hungry but starting to get bored which usually means peckish.
    I think I finally got the assignment to a passable word count, so glad that’s done out of the way. I’ll leave it a few days and give it a final read through with fresh eyes before submitting. Also sent my email off this morning, makes me nervous just thinking about it, which is stupid because she can only say yes or no.
    Did I tell you all about my unfortunate encounter on the weekend with a bare foot and a puddle of cat sick?

Evening everyone

DF, I haven’t been that far north since I was a child. My parents often hired a ‘caravanette’ and we often went to sleep in one place and woke in another. Barmouth is about as far away as I can remember.

HH, another disturbed night. Worse than with the children. Hope Xena is better tonight.

Minols, hope the day got better after your early start.

Jean, so nice for your grandson to call in for a chat. He seems a very thoughtful young man.

Dave, early night tonight, or another film? I swear you’re nocturnal.

Katie, good luck with swopping the FD around this week.

CW, all quiet. Hope it’s just busy with work.

Claire, hope the appointments go well.

Pseudo, I love the satisfaction of bleeding the radiators. I know, very sad. Regarding the cat sick, I love the presents our fur babies leave us.

FD today has been alright. Probably coming in a bit over 500 cals, but not by much and I’ll take it considering I can’t remember the last time I fasted. Still getting into a routine with work and Bec’s shifts, but I’ll get there.

My early night last night didn’t really materialise. I tossed and turned with the rest of you. My shoulder is quite painful at the moment and I couldn’t get comfortable. May have to resort to fashioning my pillows into some sort of cocoon to keep me in a comfortable position tonight.

Take care.

Lynne x

Minols..
    Still walking with your old gentleman..very nice hope the weather and chat is good….

Pseu..
    Nice small puddle for you…yuk…why do you always walk through the middle catching it all the time…we all do..

Lynne …
    A good fast..I am not too bothered if a bit over…MM says 800 cal these days although I don’t go to that, a bit of leeway…those shoulders do hurt I have had about three bouts of those ..all gone at the moment…mine was more frozen shoulder and it was just that…feeling frozen!….nice to have you back..😀

Jean x

Jean, I’ve had frozen shoulder in both my shoulders over the past few years. This is similar in some ways, but seems to be worse when I’ve been sat for a while and when I’m in bed. I used to make a V with pillows and lie in the middle so I was sat upright and couldn’t turn over. May have to try that again.

Lx

Lynne..
    Hope you can get comfy to sleep…it’s not nice at all..

Xx

Lynne, have you seen those cushions in Dunelm? Would they be of any help? Not cheap but look super comfy.
    https://www.dunelm.com/product/teddy-cuddle-cushion-cream-1000126799

Hospital this afternoon so I better go to bed.

Morning all.

Working early when you’re naturally nocturnal isn’t fun. I’ve been surviving on an average of four hours a night until I can catch up on the weekends. My natural bedtime when I’m not working is around 7 am. At the moment my alarm goes off at 6, and I usually just about manage to drop off at half 1ish.

Car had a bit of a mood this morning, wouldn’t start but jumped easily so that’s something I suppose. I really need to take it to be looked at but I have no time! There are no auto-electricians in walking distance of work, I’ve got no one to give me a lift, I can’t leave the car at a garage at home because I need it to get to work. I need someone to help me out but yet again it all falls to me and I have to somehow magic up some time and money. I had last Friday off, but needed the car all day, but since I’ve only just had a day off my joy of a brother will probably be moody if I ask for another one this soon. Plus I feel like I’m still playing catch-up from last Friday.

Yesterdays FD went well, day off today and then planning my third day tomorrow.

Hello
    Ive just seen the highest number on the scales I’ve ever seen before. I know I’m yoyoing and not managing it very well at all.

Work is so tough, this week I’ve had to do Birmingham and back, Bristol and back and Edinburgh and back. This means a 3-4 hour travel each side of the day and a an 8 hour days work in between.

Feel like things have spiralled out of control.

CW

Morning all!
    Lynne- those v shaped orthopaedic pillows are really good- I had one when my neck was very bad, used it for 3 years, would recommend giving it a go. Your animals made me laugh! Well done with the FD yesterday!
    Jean- sounds like you have a difficult family time coming up again… your grandson sounds lovely though! Worrying time for Steve too…
    Pseudo- yuck, bare feet & puddles- hubby had a similar encounter with our last dog in the middle of the night! Good idea to leave the assignment for a few days so you don’t get zoned out with it!
    Dave- hope the rehab session is helpful!
    Minols- hope you slept better last night! Fish pie sounds good- you son is great to try all these things! Have a nice walk!
    Cakey, DF, KL, Claire- hope you all have a good day, fasting or not!
    We were woken 3 times with Xena last night, but she at least did sleep on until 7am this morning, so don’t feel too bad (yet!). Just don’t understand why it’s getting to her at night, not during the day! Not much planned for today, I’ll be fasting, might do soup tonight rather than a liquid fast.

Morning All…
    A chilly start again….neighbour walking outside with tee shirt on getting ready to go fishing…I don’t think we have balanced the weather yet….lol

Having a cuppa before going for sister…I may give the scales a miss this week, we will be eating more while she is here and going out and about..cafes!…maybe a meal too… but will try and not over do it…

Dave..
    Good luck at the hospital today…hope the excerises aren’t too much…

Pseu…
    You are very much a night person 7 am to bed…goodness I couldn’t do that….you must organise the car before the bad weather starts or it will let you down…

Cakey..
    What a busy week you have with all the travelling on top…no wonder your numbers aren’t good…hope for a quieter week for you next week…

Hedgehog…
    It will be difficult or more awkward to start with…we will be ok…going food shopping and maybe to Dunelm, just to break the day..she likes roaming in different places hope it’s not too much for Steve..’shopping’ and me too…lol…

It’s strange with Xena…why is it just the night….it isn’t to keep you up with her and getting in the habit too..a nervous tummy……it’s a thought…

Must go and get ready…may be missing a bit for three days?? Or three hours?? 😂😂

Jean x

Morning all

Having a perambulatory day…forgot my office keys, but determined not to go home until it’s ‘time’!

Cakey – it’s horrible when things spiral…my numbers are really up at the moment, too. Find one little thing to get under control and take it from there. You know it will come good again.

Good luck at the hospital, Dave…and Jean – hope all goes well with your sister.

Time to pound the pavement again – I’m going to drop in on some of the folks I’ve not seen while I’ve been on holiday, and swing by the school to see the kids over their lunch break…nothing like school dinners to stop me feeling hungry (which isn’t very far to the cooks, but it’s an old stereotype that can’t be shaken!)

Mx

I had a change of plan, my cinema trip and dinner changed to tonight so back on my normal fasting day tomorrow and normal today, though it does mean I skipped breakfast and now have no lunch for today doh!

Car booked in for Friday afternoon, fingers crossed it’ll be an easy fix and won’t cost a fortune!

Hope the fasters are doing well, I’m getting a bit hungry now – nothing that grabbed my fancy in Asdas though I’m looking forward to my planned dinner broccoli (you know how much I love it) and Quorn in blackbean sauce. Probably sounds gross to some of you but I’m drooling at the thought. 😉

Also looking up keto cereal, cereal and cereal bars are definitely the thing I miss the most.

Hope things are going smoothly with your sister Jean.
    CW, I don’t know how you cope with so much travelling, I’d crack after a few weeks.

Sat outside gym waiting to go in for rehab.Speak later.

Afternoon All..
    All well here, back to normal here..thank goodness…..popped by Lidl then going out tomorrow…cooking a pork joint dinner for this evening then having a lighter meal tomorrow ….too hard to fast Thursday..☹️

Minols..
    I hated school dinners they definitely left a mark…I have only just started eating things and tempted by different foods…they have a lot to answer too…even 60 years later….

Katie..
    Enjoy the cinema and your meal tonight…

Pseu…
    Hope you get the car sorted out..and it’s not too expensive…

Dave..
    Enjoy rehab…

Jean x

Cakey- sorry I missed your post earlier, must’ve been as I was typing! You’ve had so much trouble getting all the inflammation under control this year, & have quite a restricted diet with that, so it’s not surprising that other things have gone pear shaped! You’re getting the hang of what you can & can’t eat now, so hopefully getting back on track will soon happen! Think of that big birthday!
    KL- hope you have a nice meal & cinema trip tonight!
    Minols- hope your day improves & you don’t forget anything else!
    Jean- I don’t think Xena’s nervous or anything- she’d been great at night & no mess after the first couple of days, so for quite a while, it’s just the bug has messed things up. She’s really good & goes straight back to bed after going out with no fuss too, so it’s not that she wants to see us! Hope that the next few days go well for you!
    Drunk too much coffee, but the soup’s low cals so not much over the 500cals…I’ll see what tomorrow brings but maybe a low day…

Turned into a fast day today,only had a cuppa and a biscuit at rehab, nothing else yet😇😇😇. Hockey at midnight so a late night/morning.My Fitbit has just passed 10500 steps for the day,she worked us hard today at rehab.

Evening All..
    Everything going well…too much food tonight for a mid week meal but I do like to feed people 😀

Hedgehog..
    Hope Xena improves soon…it’s been a while….well done on your day…

Dave…
    Good step count..😀

Jean x

It won’t be that many tomorrow 😉I called in at Tim Hortons on my way home from hospital and bought some Tim Bits, they are like small round doughnuts,I bought ten and took them home for Denise but mainly Peter my son,I can’t stand doughnuts so they were safe from me😋

Evening everyone

Dave, Tim Bits, not had them since we went to Canada 12 years ago. Glad the rehab seems to be going well.

Jean, hope the visit goes well.

Pseudo, hope you manage to get the car sorted on Friday once and for all. Think I’ll take a look in Dunelm and see what may work to keep me upright in bed.

Katie, hope you enjoyed the cinema. Good luck for tomorrow’s FD.

Minols, bet your step count was good today. Bet the old folk and children were please to see you.

HH, thanks for the suggestion about the V pillow. I’ve used one before so may need to look for another one.

CW, I really feel for you. You do so much travelling for work, it makes such a long day, I don’t know how you manage it. I used to regularly do 11 -12 hour days before Phil became ill, but that at least was at the office a few minutes from home. Don’t think I could do it now. It’s hard to balance your skin, work and eating. Hope something gives soon.

Fairly good day today, some fruit but avoided all added sugar. May try another FD tomorrow with a small meal in the evening.

Hope everyone has a good night.

Lynne x

Viewing 50 posts - 19,651 through 19,700 (of 35,367 total)

You must be logged in to reply.