Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,893 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 2 hours, 28 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,601 through 19,650 (of 35,379 total)

• Morning All…
    A lovely day…

Trying to get moving but failing…lol…hope to be away by 10.30…

We are both maintaining our weight this week…well I lost 2 oz..lol

Dave..
    Where is your hockey from at this late hour?…hope it was a good game….

Hedgehog..
    Are you going to take her to the vets…or do you think she will settle again…you don’t want her dehydrated..have a nice day at work hope you are not tempted…

Katie..
    A really well done ..good you stayed with it…4 lbs is a great loss… …

In our local news paper today….a one eyed cat from Goole, kept wandering to Howden about 6 miles away, a small town across a large River, he has been brought back home a several times…he must of slept on a lorry at Wren Kitchens Howden and he has ended up at Bristol 200 miles away..someone is bringing him back on a train and dropping him off back home….funny little animals…it looks as if he looking for a new home…

On that note have a good day…

Jean x

Morning all… Having a bit of a family fest at Mum’s. Other big sister arrived late last night from the far south. So nice to be together again, even for just the day. The boy has suggested we go to his favourite pub/restaurant tonight before we head off so he can have Eton mess – yum!

K-L – so well done on the weight loss!

Mx

Well done Katie,great loss.Gone 3am when I got to bed and we lost ☹️ Going shopping when I can tear Denise away from diagnosis murder,think I may take Heidi out while I am waiting.

Well done Katie,great loss.Gone 3am when I got to bed and we lost ☹️ Going shopping when I can tear Denise away from diagnosis murder,think I may take Heidi out while I am waiting.

Don’t know why that came up twice.Jean the hockey is from Toronto so it’s eastern time,just as well otherwise it would finish at 5 am.

Afternoon..

All settled, had soup for lunch.. a beautiful day and warm in the sun… debating whether to go into Retford as there’s a bricabrac market on today.. just a walk around.. maybe..

Or just relaxing..

Minols enjoy family time, we are a scattered family never really catch up together.. Etons mess yummy good choice.

Enjoy your day out Dave shopping and Heidi Walking ..

Jean x

KL- well done, a nice 4lbs reward for persevering!
    Jean- enjoy the afternoon out, no 🍰
    Minols- have a lovely time with your sister! Enjoy the meal out. Is your Mum at Lincoln, I can’t remember?
    Dave- very annoying staying up only to lose the match!
    Pseudo- hope everything’s going okay with your busy spell.
    Claire- enjoy getting ready for your week off! How old is your son?
    The meeting was good but training cancelled, so home earlier than planned, & did some clothes & early Christmas shopping! Better not take Xena out for a walk in case she eats anything grotty! I’ve got a pot for a sample, will see if it clears up or will drop that off Monday- she’s drinking okay so not getting dehydrated, not going too much in the day, she seems to be worse at night!

4lb! That’s brilliant Katie, well done!

Thanks everyone, it makes me only want to nibble on a lettuce leaf all weekend to not ruin it haha.

Hope everyone has some nice plans for the weekend 🙂

Hedgehog…
    Too late….I had the most gorgeous Almond Bakewell Cake worth every calorie…I just want three days off I feel as if I have been too good too long…line drawn Monday…give my body a kick start…

You have started Christmas shopping..I am starting to think about it…mine is mainly money given but with extra bits…cards to buy but people seen to be cutting it out…

Our Christmas holiday was cancelled but our friends have invited us to their house, either Xmas or New Year…they are away at the moment…so we are thinking…when you are on your own every days the same..we could go to daughters but it’s normally for 4 hours, 5 hours max hardly Xmas…

It’s beautiful here, so quiet lovely blue sky…

Jean x

Jean- making my mouth water!

Not mine, Bakewell is one of the few cakes I don’t like,so it would be safe with me but my son loves them.

I’m with you, Dave… But did share a remarkably good brownie with my sister earlier. No calories, of course, because shared. Likewise the Eton mess… The boy had one to himself and I armed mum and sister with spoons to help with mine!

HH – you’re right… Lincoln is our family haunt.

Mx

I don’t think I mentioned, Minols, when we tried Stokes cafe which you & Jean recommended, the waiter got me- I said how good the food was & he said “that’s good, the chef gets given the out of date food from M&S next door”, I think my face was a picture until I realised he was joking!
    If shared food has no calories I’ll be all right then as hubby & I shared another box of his birthday chocolates tonight. Mmm very keto, not! I hope that I have a better week next week!

Morning All…
    A beautiful day here, misty over the fields….

Going into Gainsborough later, a Market day…we have passed near but not stopped so a look around..

It’s ok having a day off but we both can’t cope with it these days….we felt it last night…glass of wine, beer for Steve, a couple of chocolate things, made us have a unsettled night…strange if having a meal out I enjoy a glass of wine but having a drink on its own is no good…we really just don’t do it now …I think our only downfall now is our piece of cafe cake.

We have cut back so much now, we are better than we think 😇…our body soon let’s us know when we slip….the line is drawn!____________________________________

Hedgehog..
    I laughted at the Stokes cafe…I would of loved to see your face….no calories ….shared chocolates uummm..

Minols..
    Chocolate brownie AND Elton mess..no calories….shared..uummmm..

A thoughtful day for us….lesson learnt..

Have a good weekend all..

Jean x

It’s lovely and sunny here too,I might go to watch ice hockey tomorrow in Blackburn, will see how I feel.I like the idea of all these calorie free goodies but don’t think I will be having any.Not had any alcohol since the 22nd of August (not that I am counting) Still eleven days to my weigh in,it seems such a long time since the last one,hope to loose about 4lbs but any loss will be good.

Nice day here too. Went for a nice walk for an hour down the beach with Baxter, I have the rest of the day to relax now and try to avoid grazing haha

Have a good day everyone x

Afternoon all! Missed the morning…
    Jean- I am having a weekend off & then drawing a very big line too! It’s that slippery slope I need to watch, get a bit complacent after I’ve lost weight & slowly get back into bad habits with me. Not going down that road again! Shame you both had a bad night, it’s hard because we all need some treats, doesn’t sound like there’s much you two can cut back on.
    Dave- you’ve done well with avoiding beer, so hope it shows on the scales!
    KL- enjoy the lovely weather!
    Beautiful here too, shame we can’t go out with Xena 🙁 She was okay overnight, & fine in herself, but things still not right. I think it’ll be collecting samples Monday morning to take the vet, lovely! We had so many health worries with Josie, we were hoping for a spell without that with having a puppy!

Afternoon…
    This morning wasn’t the best idea…Gainsborough was very quiet and run down looking …it’s a shame, we have so many dead sort of places…

We didn’t stay decided to come back and read and have lunch back here…looks like we may have the site to our selves, unless someone comes later…

Dave..
    Hope you get some results by the end of the month…you have done well with the drinking…

Katie..
    Be good no grazing…lol..nice walk on the beach how lovely….

Hedgehog..
    I do think it’s good once in a while to have time off after so long on 5.2..just re boots the body…it’s very clever at knowing and what to expect…I will have a tight week from Monday…I think generally more thoughtful, last 10 days it makes you realise you start to slip a bit…

Poor little Xena it’s taking time to get over the runs…hope it soon gets sorted out..

Jean x

Watching football at the moment, Chelsea v United, Chelsea winning so Denise not happy.City play later so I will see if I can find a way to watch it.Still great weather but I think we will have a bad winter this year.

Morning All..
    A beautiful early morning here…the sky many lovely colours..

A 9 hours sleep last night I was tired…left Steve watching F1…. we are off to a really large car boot this morning, it’s on till 3 pm on an airfield…thought of you Hedgehog this morning, as you sometimes go to them…

Dave..Steve was upset on ManU too last night changed in the last few minutes apparently…

Have a good Sunday whatever you are all doing….

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- enjoy the car boot & hope you find some bargains! Glad you’ve caught up on the sleep…
    Dave- I have my 4WD now, so won’t mind a bad winter!
    Not much planned, hubby not feeling great. Will catch up with Mum later before they go away again!

Hi everyone.
    Just done the big shop and will be domestic for the rest of the day so a bit prepared with food for the week… Always better with a plan. If I can get the house a bit straight too then we can all be back at real life tomorrow in a way that will hopefully make the madness of my run to Christmas fun and not overwhelming!

Mx

I stayed up until 2am watching Toronto but they were losing three nil at home to bottom team so i have tried to record it and went to bed. Going to watch Blackburn play Sheffield in ice hockey at Blackburn.My first proper drive since my heart attack.That was seven weeks ago,dosent time fly.Peter my son said its one of the coldest rinks in Britain so i will have to wrap up well. Just has a fry up,two sausage two bacon,two eggs and beans,feel very full now.Fast day tomorrow looking forward to it.I must cut down on bread,eating far too much.Jean United were winning and Chelsea leveled the score in the 6th minute of injury time so Denise wasn’t happy but i was.

Afternoon…
    We have had a lovely day…the outside car boot was so large with a inside hanger full of stalls…we then went next door to a big Antique Centre full of beautiful things..cafe of course, we sat outside it was quite warm in the sun…one for you Hedgehog if back in the area..I bought a £3 carpet runner for the caravan for near the cooker as I am very messy a replacement, which the other needs throwing away and a bag of tomatoes for a new recipe I have..

Hedgehog..
    I think your Mums away more than us…lol..hope hubby soon gets better and little Xena..

Minols..
    Are you with us tomorrow fasting ….line drawn for us now, we have had a very naughty weekend…

Dave..
    Enjoy the ice hockey keep warm….

Jean x

With being on blood thinners I have bought a thermal vest,not wore one since I was about four years old.So I have put it on,very soft and comfy,ready for the cold now😁 will be leaving in Forty minutes,don’t know the way so will use Waze on my phone.

Dave- safe journey & enjoy the match!
    Jean- will be joining you tomorrow fasting, have also not been good this weekend!
    Minols- hope you get organised, a scary thought of Christmas planning already!
    Had a walk with Mum as so lovely here, really warm. Yes, Jean, they’re away more than you! They have a static caravan on the North Norfolk coast, so spend a lot of the summer there, & then a few other trips as well, they’ve just been to France with my aunt, she’s widowed so she goes away with them a lot. They went to Dartmouth a few weeks ago, & France earlier in the summer.
    Doing roast chicken for tonight, except not for me!

Just arrived in Blackburn,not a bad drive.got to wait an hour now until the start of the game.

Hi all – my line drawn…

I’ll be fasting tomorrow – it will feel weird to be back trying to do it properly, and I’m at a day long meeting/conference at the big people’s offices, so I’ll need to keep my head in the game. Lunch will be provided, but I need to try and seek out a back room bod, so hopefully I’ll miss the food trays! Tonight I’m going to prepare turkey burgers out of the FD cook book – 174 cals…I’ll make extra for the boys.

I don’t have much in the evenings this week which will hopefully help to give me a sense of calm control over both food and house – down-side is that I’ll miss the distractions that an evening meeting can give me, so I must plan for that in scheduling sorting or sewing for every evening. Anything to keep me away from the biscuit tin at work!

As for Christmas – I got quite a lot of the background stuff prepared so I can help others get involved and enjoy being a part of it (hopefully), while giving myself enough time to enjoy the bits I haven’t prepared ahead as they come up without having to stress about what’s around the corner. I have a strange relationship with major events – I need to plan ahead so others can choose to get involved and be a part of it, but if I’m not careful, I’m so planned that actually I’m not really a part of things when they happen…I’ve moved on to the next thing. I’m always searching for that happy medium that will see me prepared enough not to panic, but still with enough to finish off that it keeps me involved ‘in the moment’ and so able to enjoy things with everyone else. Fingers crossed for this year!

Mx

Minols…
    Sorting out Christmas ….I seem to not be in the mood and not organised this year…must start soon…

Hope you can get yourself planned for next week and get back on track…no biscuits..

Hedgehog..
    Need the belt pulled in now for the week ahead__________ let’s be positive after our naughty weekend..

Dave..
    Enjoy the game ..hope you are warm enough…

Jean x

Sorry I haven’t been around for a few days. I’ve been out and about with my son Sean (he’s 12 by the way, I forgot to reply to this question the other day).

He played his first football match for Manchester City Disability Team the other evening and then I went out yesterday to buy some new scales to weigh myself properly only to return to find out my husband had been involved in a car crash. He’s ok but the car is a bit of a mess. I spent the rest of the day and today stuck indoors catching up on emails and stuff.

Hope everyone is having a better weekend

Claire..
    Sorry to hear on your hubby hope he’s ok..a busy weekend for you..I had missed you…just think cars can be mended..hubbys can’t….put things in perspective….

Jean x

Very true Jean and thank you.

Weigh in tomorrow but not expecting too much. After a stressful day yesterday we had a takeaway. Otherwise, I haven’t done too bad with things I have ate over the weekend.

Claire x

Claire..
    Good luck to your weigh in…hope you have happy new scales 😀

Xx

Evening everyone,

Claire, belated welcome. Sorry to hear about hubby, thankfully he wasn’t injured. Hope the new scales are kind tomorrow.

I’m joining the line drawing club. Think I’ll be fasting on Tuesday as some bits I’ve got to use tomorrow before they go out of date. Not fasted for months so it’ll be interesting. I have been cutting back and managed the odd ‘low’ day, so hopefully it won’t be too bad. Hannah has gone down west on placement, so decided to try to get back on track for the 8 weeks she’s away. It includes my birthday so there may be a slight deviation, but hopefully this will see me back on track before Christmas.

Jean, hope Steve continues to get some relief from his back pain. A shame the holiday had to be cancelled, but can’t imagine how he would have managed the flights.

HH, hope Xena’s tummy has settled down.

Dave, hope the thermals have done the job.

Minols, a long wait for the blood test results. Obviously nothing alarming has come to light, but maybe something that will hint to your recent struggles. Who knows, you may be joining the hypothyroid club.

CW, I read that your skin was better, hope it continues.

Pseudo, hope you’ve managed to relax a bit this weekend, it’s tough working and studying. Glad the recent floods didn’t affect you, Carmarthenshire seems to have been hit quite hard.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone.

Just waiting to pick Bec up from work, looking forward to bed tonight. Where does the weekend go?

Hope to catch up again tomorrow.

Lynne x

Morning all.

Claire – so glad your OH alright… A long list of things to do after a car accident but as Jean says – better those things if your husband is safe than all the other things!

Lovely to have you back, Lynne. Not sure I’m so worried about losing track of a weekend – I feel a bit like that over the whole of 2018!

Back to school for the boy today… And of course just when I need things to work like clock work he’s over sleeping! Always let things slide with bedtimes in the holidays but he’s also had a busy couple of weeks so for the teachers sake I’m going to let him sleep as late as I can and just have everything else done so the minute he opens his eyes I can force feed him toast! Poor love…

Happy fast day – whose with me? Jean and Steve, I think…

Mx

Morning All..
    We have had a chilly over night temperature..the heating kicked in…we were toastie…a beautiful day seems to be just arriving a glorious sun rise…

We are travelling back today usually leave about 10 ish…a good day to fast when travelling..nothing planned for the week ahead…Steve getting itchy fingers to go in the garage to his bike re assembling now he is feeling much better…

Lynne..
    Lovely to have you back on board…you will be missing Hannah hope she is enjoying her placement..Bec working too…thinking of you settling into your new job and routine …we are missing Kay, DL and Hemmy but I am sure they will be back when ready…

Minols..
    Why are the children always sleepy on school days and up like a lark on holidays when you feel like a lie in yourself…the poor teachers 30 children in the same mode lol…my daughters school has another week at school then she is off for the week…hoping to catch up quite difficult in term time she has been so busy..

Have a good day fast say today…a few of us been naughty…

Jean x

Morning all. I hate Mondays.

FD for me today. Quite a few orders to deal with today but can’t get up the energy to look at them yet. I just glanced and groaned.

Morning everyone, sorry I’ve been so bad at updating here.

Back on board today with a FD. Pseu I hate Mondays too, with you 100%

This is my final push up to Christmas, I want to feel comfortable in myself over the festive period 🙂 I’m hovering just above where I want to be, but its such a balancing act. The pounds go on so much easier than they come off. I need to keep myself in check constantly!

I’ve missed you all 🙂

Jean, me and Steve going away in the camper at weekend, to Wales!! Its going to be a cold one lol .. we must be mad. Last one of the year though, and I’m looking forward to it 🙂

x

Morning all!
    Claire- glad hubby’s okay, what a scare…lots of hassle to get car sorted I guess, or replacement? Hope those new scales are nice to you! 😉 Good that your son plays football, I used to love watching mine play.
    Lynne- lovely to hear from you, hope the fasting goes well tomorrow!
    Jean- safe journey home!
    Minols- that sounds like quite a balancing act! Hope you get it right…
    Pseudo, KL, Dave- are you all fasting today?
    I’ll be fasting- hopefully! Got woken at 5am with Xena, so it’ll be a long day!!

DF- sorry I missed your post- started typing an hour ago & have only just got to finish it with interruptions! Hope your FD goes well too. It will be a cold one next weekend, rather you than me!

Morning Everyone.

Fasting day for me today, good luck to the other fasters 🙂

Afternoon All…
    Home safe and sound….a balancing act here brought bedding and pillows home for a wash, will keep them at home over the winter…all my free spaces seem to have disappeared 😬…they are quite big and bulky..

First wash on of clothes….I think I may scarify my lawn later still a bit wet…having a cuppa now..

DF..
    Lovely to hear from you….I think you will have a lovely weekend, its a wrap up warm I think…you will be cosy in on a night time…..we have been lucky sat outside in the sun..hoping to get away again around Steves appointments if we can…5 weeks to caravan service when we have to empty the caravan..a pain!

Let’s get the few pounds off before the silly season starts…Steve stated today he is at maintenance but loosing some more pounds slowly whatever that means!! ..I think he’s at a full stop 😂

Pseu..
    I always think Monday’s are the worse after having the weekend off…

Hedgehog..
    Is Xena well enough for a walk out…it’s quite nice here..hoping hubby is feeling better..

Katie..
    Have a good fast day

Claire..
    How was the weigh in this morning?

Jean x

Not great Jean, I have put on a few pounds. I’m very stressed at the moment which isn’t helping.

Hope everyone is having a good day though. I may not be around much this week as it’s half term and have a few different medical appointments with my son that I have to attend.

Good luck with the fasting everyone!
    Claire x

Claire..
    Don’t be disheartened it could be the new scales…the old ones could be quite different…feel positive and move forward, think thoughtfully on what you are eating, you know what you shouldn’t be eating as we all do..we all have our downfalls…cake being mine…

Think forward on the meds you don’t want to start and surgery…5.2 is hard at the beginning it’s getting your head around the new way of eating…but you can do it….

Good luck it will be better next week..

Jean x

Claire- such a shame as you started really well, totally understand how stress messes it all up! Big hug to you, hope you get to do some fun things as well as the hospital appts with your son.
    Hope everyone is keeping strong? As you say Jean, need to get a grip before the silly season…hubby waving chocolates at me earlier but I resisted! I have had more coffee than usual though, decaff, but I need something comforting! We haven’t been walking Xena recently in case she finds anything grotty to eat (she is a monkey for picking things up before you spot it!), she doesn’t seem to be missing it. She’s a little quieter than normal, but nicely so, not worryingly quiet!! We’ve been playing in the garden, but don’t get much sun in it now, the front’s sunnier. have fun with the scarifying!

Good afternoon,fast day for me too,lots of us fasting today.Another sunny day here, Heidi seems to be off her food at the moment so I will give her some chicken,that usually works.I enjoyed the hockey in Blackburn last night, nice to see some old friendly faces from the Manchester Phoenix days.

Hi all…
    In th boring after lunch session of my conference so pretending to take notes on my phone!

I fly in the face of you all… I love Mondays! The ‘holding everything tigether’ of Sundays is over, the boy stays late at school, everyone assumes the old pattern of a minister taking a Monday off… So it’s a lovely, long, quiet day for getting lots done (except today and next Monday!)

Lunch provided… Avoided the sandwiches and just had a lively home made tomato soup… Minimal cals maximum taste!

Hope everyone else surviving.

Mx

Struggling a bit, so just having some Bovril. I’m struggling to concentrate, not good! Hope the salt helps 🙂

Just over 2 hours till home-time.

Thanks for the welcome back 🙂

Claire, I agree with Jean, it might be the new scales. I had the unpleasant surprise that I was 4lb heavier than I’d thought last time I got new ones, put me in a foul mood for days. I’d thought I had 8lb to go to target and finding out it was 12 was a kick in the teeth (this was years ago).

I’m a bit happier than I was earlier, but still counting down the hours until Friday again. Sad old life just slogging through to get to the weekend, but I’m doing what I can to change it by studying so not resting on my laurels.

Today is busy so at least its going faster than usual.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,601 through 19,650 (of 35,379 total)

You must be logged in to reply.