Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,889 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 46 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 19,551 through 19,600 (of 35,375 total)

• Jean, I am thinking if I weigh in on Monday and I’ve put weight on it will keep me determined during the week to be good. By the time weekend comes I hope that if I’ve been good in the week, then I can have the willpower to not fall back into the trap of my binge eating and be a bit more sensible. Not deny myself a treat but try to find a better replacement.

I have spent far too long eating tubs of ice cream (Haagen Dazs) and Reeses Cups all weekend hence the weight gain and BMI of 37.5!

Will start the blood pressure monitoring tomorrow, hopefully I can get it down so I don’t need to go on tablets, Claire x

Morning all – just dripped home for a night before heading down to Mum’s with the boy…Road Trip! Sort of both love and hate the long drive. We put on an audio book and I love that we go somewhere together in our imaginations without Nintendo or gadgets!

Trip north lovely and relaxing…did a few museums and ruins, but nothing major. Watched the water rise below the cottage…and then fall again, watched crazy people standing in the river with fishing lines… Old dog made friends with a field of cows down by the river…they followed along on the other side of the fence, and a couple of brave ones huffed into his face – he loved going to see the them a couple of times a day!

Fortunately didn’t indulge too much, so as long as I can keep things reasonably sensible at mum’s I should be back to 5:2 next week without too much more damage. Enough, but not too much. The doctor says he wants to see me about my blood tests, but nothing urgent so appointment in November…maybe that will help explain why the weight has just been sitting around this year after coming back on. Anyway – line drawn and it will be back to fasting if only to stop any more coming back on.

So glad to hear that Steve’s upright again, Jean…I was only going to read one page of catch up, but then I saw something about that and had to back track until I found out the good news!

Good job, too, as otherwise I’d have missed Claire’s intro – hi Claire! So impressed you’ve decided to tackle all the health stuff with diet first rather than going straight to medication.

Sorry you’ve got a cold, Pseu – me too. Up just now because I can’t sleep.

Need to decide if I try and go to bed now I’ve had a drink, or if I’ll just be tossing and turning again. I might give it half and hour and go for a walk.
    Mx

Morning all.

A pile up on the M4 this morning, pretty dramatic, police cars everywhere, none of the vehicles looked too badly wrecked though. A lane shut off, massive tailbacks.

Sounds like a nice relaxing holiday Minols, museums and ruins is right up my street!

Hi Minols!

Sounds like you have had a nice time 😊
    My dad convinced me to join in so here I am.

My day off work today but will spend most of it at the docs! 3 appointments in one day 😬

How is everyone today?

Morning All..

A much better day today…bright and cheery..

Taking my throws back this morning, there are a couple of more shops to look at..no dash just getting ready for painting in the new year…lol

Claire..
    You have a plan so that’s good…remember to do measurements bust, waist, hips and tops of legs, do that once a month and write it down…..a bit later on if the scales don’t move, you see the body melting away…it gives you a boost…I have lost 8 holes on my leather belt!

Good luck at the docs..

Minols..
    Lovely to have you back after having such a busy and relaxing time….enjoy your time with Mum and safe journey down…enjoy the reading book something nice I hope…

Hope you get some answers with your blood or will it be a kick up the backside to get back on track?..only joking …

Pseu..
    The crash sounded all scary…daughter works the motorways down there…don’t know if she was on duty or not….

Hedgehog..
    What are you up to today? Pup walking have a good one….hope she is feeling better and you got to sleep last night…

Jean x

Morning all! We were up with Xena again after only half an hour of being in bed, then again an hour later… hubby won the martyr competition so he decided to stay up downstairs, they were in & out a lot; he’ll be grumpy & will moan all day so not really worth me having the sleep!! are trying the chicken & rice- it can’t make it any worse! Will catch up properly on here in a bit- I’m fasting today.

Hedgehog..
    Oh dear…she definitely has picked up something…let hubby nap a bit later to up lift him lol….hope the chicken and rice binds her a bit…

X

HH-the old boy was prone to bad tums up until he was one… The lady who took him when we were away reckoned on scrambled withe the shell left in, or porridge! Worth a try?

Today’s book is a Secret Seven… He really wanted Famous Five but library was out. Good stuff but I miss either the dragon books are Harry Potter of previous journeys. Still – they are on my phone so always possible. We have swallow and amazon’s, too, if we run out.

Just stopped for more caffeine and home made flapjack… Desperately going to try and stay off mcd’s cheap energy as long as possible.

Mx

Minols- glad you had a lovely trip, safe journey, & have a good visit with your Mum! Home made flapjack would win over MacDs for me any day! Secret 7 a good alternative! Annoying to have to wait a while for your blood tests…
    Claire- fun day off then! Hope the 5:2 helps with blood pressure as well as weight loss. Like Jean says, measuring is really good, I forgot to & wish that I had, it can be a real boost if the scales don’t seem to have shifted.
    Jean- I keep telling him to go & have a sleep, but he’s very stubborn…Enjoy the shopping, hope you find the right colour throws…
    Pseudo- good job you weren’t involved with the accident! Hope you’re feeling better…Are you doing a 3rd FD?
    KL- sounds like you’re keeping focussed. How often do you go to the gym?
    Dave- hope the rehab goes okay. Lots of questions to ask? If you stick with the 5:2 as well as you have then I’m sure you won’t put the weight on.
    I did ring the vets just to see if there’s anything else we can do for the puppy- she said to carry on, up the medicine a little as it’s hard to overdose with it apparently! & if she’s not better in a day or 2 then bring in some samples…She’s certainly very well in herself & has been a pickle this morning, now fast asleep thankfully! Obviously can’t go out anywhere, shame as it’s nice again…

I am feeling really focussed at the moment actually. I didn’t get round to measuring myself yet and I wish I had as some clothes are feeling a bit more comfortable and when I look in the mirror, I don’t look so “puffy” around my stomach yet the scales have only decreased by 1/4lb so far so strange it should make that much difference yet.

I go to the gym most days, some days (mainly fasting days) I feel so tired so rather than going I do half hour stepping on the wii and then on a Saturday I do a long walk somewhere to boost the steps some more.

I do challenges with my friends on the fitbit and it really encourages me to move more to beat them haha.

Hope the pup gets better soon, its not nice seeing them unwell 🙁

Sat outside the gym now,got to wait 45 minutes 😑it was like a blast from the past getting the 53 bus,not done that for years,I used to get it every Saturday to go to the football,first with my dad then with my mates and then with my children.Brought back some good memories.Will see what they have I’m store for me today.

Daren’t go near a gym… Used to go on Saturday nights when ‘dating’ my OH but always ended up at the pub ne t door having puddings! When we got the dogs there didn’t seem much point. Of course, since Peru last year and with the dog only having 2 good legs (!) the walking has fallen by the wayside if you get my drift… Will have to get back to it.

When I get back home I’m going to measure again before I get back on the wagon. Given how slowly weight moves these days and how determined I am to get ba k into stretching and walk g, that may be the only way I can discern progress… And fitness isn’t a bad way to make progress!

Mx

Afternoon All…

Just got back found some throws in a different colour to what I wanted but tone nicely with the curtains, so they contrast and don’t look too bad on the settee…better than the ones I took back…

Had a naughty do with a cake at the cafe….really struggling with HFLC, I really feel I am eating the same thing all the time, I really do like a mixture feel it’s more me and healthy…may still cut back on bread, rice and potatoes I think that’s a good idea….it’s really made me think on the extra things I shouldn’t be eating…cake! for one..lol

Minols…
    I really loved the secret seven and the famous five, as a child always so exciting to read… safe journey to mums, have a good catch up…

Have you put much of your weight back on..you were nearly at goal…..

Hedgehog..
    Seems as if she’s getting over it if she’s playing….I do like a homemade flap jack…mixture of golden syrup and black treacle yummy…

Katie..
    Let’s hope the scales are kind on Friday for you….hormones play havoc with everyone at some time…I feel as if I have been calorie counting for 47 years, a work colleague once said you are always on a diet and watching what I eat, she’s possibly right. Still I am now back to pre 47 years ago weight, size 12, before I started having children..

Dave..
    It’s strange how things bring back memories, they hit you when you are not expecting it….

Lovely day here walking about in short sleeves, most of my summer clothes are put away….just a few left out…Steve still doing well, he had a good walk today…

Jean x

Just got back from hospital,done the rehab,they moved me up from stage one to stage three.Will probably ache in the morning.My blood tests all came back normal so that’s good,I have to make an appointment with my GP to try and change meds.Just having a cuppa then take Heidi out.

Right now I should have been flying over the uk on my way home from Cyprus 😎the only good thing is I don’t have to go to baggage claim 😁I think today has turned into a fast day,225 calories for breakfast and I had a small chicken breast with Mediterranean veggies for my evening meal.

Hello

Had a lovely day out in York on Saturday, but H was sneezing most of the day with a heavy cold. I tried to be sympathetic I really did but I kept thinking I’m going to catch this. Sure enough it came on Monday night, yesterday it was miserable and felt groggy this morning but def better now. At least with a cold I don’t feel like eating. Made do with a bacon roll and tomato soup yesterday.

5 lbs down over last 2 weeks but still haven’t really managed to get my fasting head back on.

Home all week thank goodness then heavy week next week between Bristol and Edinburgh. Early starts and late finishes.

Eldest daughter still not completed on house purchase, they had hoped to be in before the 6 weeks summer holiday. Every week they get told ‘next Friday’ And yet still not happened. We’ve booked and cancelled a van twice to take all her things down. It’s making her ill.

Got my first calligraphy workshop this Saturday – cant wait. Hoping my Christmas cards will get written out beautifully. Although never sure now who I’m sending them to or not. So many people say they are just giving a donation instead. It gets very confusing whether or not to still send them or who to remember from the year before.

Just renewed by Food Hygiene rating (you know like the green posters that cafes have in the eating 1-5). I don’t bake to sell anymore but I thought I should keep the rating just in case I decide to take it up again.

Hope everyone well whether fasting or not

CW

Cakey- Well done with 5lbs down! House sales/ purchases are a nigtmare these days, the solicitors seem to drag it out to charge more- twice with FIL in the last few years took nearly 6 months & they were simple with no chain…have to keep harassing them every week! Good idea to keep the food hygiene rating up- do they worry about you having a dog?
    Jean- you do love your cakes! It is hard to resist them, son brought home a salted caramel one which keeps tempting me!
    Dave-well done being moved up a group!
    Youngest son has had a boost to his cofidence- he got asked if he’d be interested in a subway managers job! He said no as it’s in a really dodgy area, lots of problems & stuff gets nicked all the time, a long drive too, but nice to be asked!
    Xena has been lots better during the day, so fingers crossed for a better night!

Hello

Hh no problem having a Woof, the food inspector made quite a fuss of him. I don’t let him in the kitchen wen I’m baking but he knows now and just lies at the door.

Sorry about Xenas tummy, we have had similar the week with my Woof but he’s probably eaten some kebab off the ground or something equally revolting. White food is what the vet told me last time eg mash potato, rice, pasta, scrambled egg etc.

Good news about your son, he must be well thought of, just need the right opportunity to come along now for him.

Throws sound nice Jean – what colours did you go for? I love to curl up under one when I’m reading although rather spoilt now with one that plugs in – toastie.

CW

Hedgehogs, have a blood pressure monitor for a week to take readings at home, so far today they have all been really good!

Yes, I need to get a tape measure and keep a track of the measurements, good idea Jean had, thanks 😊

Dave…
    We should be sitting in Louisiana in the heavy rain….☹️..

Cakey Wakey..
    Wow 5 lbs off brilliant….such a shame with your daughters house, waiting is so upsetting..hope she soon gets a date…

Looking at xmas cards today they won’t be so beautifully written as yours..as you say lots of people are not doing them now, I had a few miss last year….well done on the renew on the hygiene course..

The throws colour..umm..if it was red it’s maroon..it’s a dark mucky duck egg blue??..lol…I am happy….We are sitting on it Steves such a mucky boy!!..dropping crumbs etc..

Hedgehog..
    Your son must be feeling good to be asked to be manager..he must be flying high..😀

Cakes are our downfall and I have had bread today..I am so struggling with HFLC…good news on Xena.

Claire..
    All organised with your monitor hope it behaves well…

We are fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Hi Jean… Weight is pretty awful. Put a few pounds in in Peru, then about a stone before Christmas, and you know how frustrating this year has been – hence the request for blood tests. I don’t know whether to hope hlthere’s something wrong or be glad if there isn’t and just try again. Essentially, I have to lose nearly 2 stone all over again and we all know I always had to lose every pound several times before it stayed off. Steve’s attitude always made him my guru… If I was doing nothing think how much worse it would be! So, back on the wagon I will go until the blood tests either tell me to get my act together or offer me some help so that when I get my act together it actually works!

Mx

I hope your blood tests have the same results as mine.I would say it has been a fast day today,I went out to the hospital before midday and got home at 5-30.

I’m exhausted, left the house at 6.30am and aside from a flying visit to get changed I’ve only just gotten home. So tired. 🙁

Back into work. So glad I have tomorrow off.

Pseudo- what a long day, hope today is quieter!
    Dave- your’s sounded long too, hope you don’t ache too much…well done making it a FD!
    Jean- thinking of you, missing out on the trip. Have lots of 🍷 tomorrow! I guess you’re fasting today?
    Cakey- it’s a shame when people don’t send cards, I love Christmas cards, I buy charity ones so they do get my money…I used to make mine & do calligraphy but definitely won’t this year!
    Claire- glad your blood pressure was good!
    Minols- it would be good if there was a reason for the struggle with your weight! Now you’re The Woman Who Does Not Eat….
    Doing this on me phone with Xena clambering about on me- we all slept all night so that’s brilliant! Thanks for all the advice! Will keep her on plain food for another day in case…Not sure what we’ll do today. FD went well yesterday, will try to keep low today as well…

Morning All…
    A beautiful day here…we are fasting today..

A bit of a cleaning day I think and get the clothes and food sorted out for tomorrow, sort our menus out…no fasting while away only Monday when we are travelling back….only 45 mins away but in the country, cafe on site 😬 with a lovely stocked private fishing ponds…not that we fish but we people watch…

The surgeons sec rang us yesterday arranging for a anaesthetic pre op check…we see him in two weeks Steve wants to talk it over first he’s unsure now as feeling much better..he would rather not have the surgery but we will see what he says…must admit very impressed on the surgeons speed but Steve was in a very bad way when we saw him…

Minols..
    My feelings go out to you..as you know we lost about 34lbs each and due to Steves new knees, not walking eating old style again we put it all back on…..all I can say is you have done it once and you can do it again…you are very good keeping with us all this time when the going has not been good…try fasting up to seeing the doctor, see what the out come is…then back to MFP and see if you can motivate yourself from the self destruct button…..says me eating cake!……you know we are with you all the way with all the support you need….I think it could be the hormones kicking in, a very fighting battle for a few of you…keep with Steves attitude, it’s hard for him too at the moment..

Dave..
    Good news on the bloods..

Pseu..
    Think tomorrow off..you will have to plan some rest over the weekend..

Hedgehog..
    Pleased Xena is settling now, not nice for you all…do have a lovely day maybe get a walk in….I am hoping not to over do the eating over the weekend…

Katie, Claire…what you up to today?

Lynne, Kay, Hemmy, DL…you are all very quiet hope you are all ok…thinking about you all…

Anyone else fasting with us?

Jean x

Phew, busy few hours this morning but back to being chilled now.
    Tomorrow will be fairly packed, I have to finish and type up an assignment in the morning, but I’m a fast typer so shouldn’t take too long, I’ll get on with more textbook reading if I have the time. Then I’m meeting my mother to go to the cinema, she wants to see A Star is Born, and in the evening I’m planning on going to a bat conservation talk.
    My fasting for the week is done, was going to make dinner yesterday but didn’t have time, I did scarf a salmon fillet but that’s way under 500 cals even with my multiple coffees.

Not having the best of days so far. It’s absolutely freezing here in Manchester. I set out for work at 8am, still not got there yet. I waited for a bus for 40 minutes then Decided to walk to the next main bus route to see if I had more luck there. I got on a bus pretty quickly but it didn’t go the way it was supposed to and I ended up getting off the other side of town to then have to get a tram, to then get on another bus. The thing is, I actually only live about 3-4 miles from work so really shouldn’t take 2 hours to get there! I’m annoyed now and really wish it wasn’t a fast day.

Pseudonym, sounds like you have an interesting day ahead with cinema and bat conservation talk, let us know how they go.

Jean, I finish work for a week today, thank goodness!! Sick of the transport situation in my city.

Anyway, enough moaning from me…good luck fasting everyone!

Happy Fasting Thursday!

Another busy day at work for me today which will hopefully distract me from thinking about food. Had a black coffee this morning and just on the water now.

I should be going to A Star is Born next week so you’ll have to let me know what its like, the reviews all look good.

Good luck fasters 🙂

Don’t know whether to do another fast day today or just keep it low.A brilliant sunny day here but quite cold in the shade.I know what you mean Claire about traffic,it took me over two hours to get home from the hospital and seeing that you work there you know just how bad it is.I would have gone in my car but I would just end up driving around the car park looking for a space.Not had anything to eat yet so watch this space.I tried to get an appointment at the doctor’s this morning but non available so will try again this afternoon,the doctor’s secretary rang to say my holiday insurance forms have been signed and are ready to pick up,£27 charge.

Busy morning both still in PJs…upstairs and down stairs hoovered, dusted and mopped downstairs too..I had mummy’s little helper so it’s been quicker than usual…he’s on light household duties 😂…maybe that’s why he’s booked the caravan to go away…lol….good he’s back on board it is a help…

Pseu..
    A different weekend planned..quite busy…

Claire..
    What a nightmare getting into work..the traffic is always busy around Manchester and surrounding towns…we are quite spoilt here the roads are quiet….Steve has family in Leigh ans Lowton…. .still on your FD and lots of walking is always good…but not when you are clock watching…

Katie…
    Good to be focused have a good day…we are ok up to now…stopped for coffee then shower…and packing..

Dave..
    Good you have your holiday forms, you now can get it sorted…we are not claiming due to Steves health issue points on his insurance, it may stop us going abroad again…I think we lost about £600 not good but hope we can go again at a later stage…that’s life!..

Jean x

We have to claim,it’s over £2000,I will have to get new insurance after January anyway because it runs out when I reach 65.On the heart forums they told me not to go to staysure because they charge too much, Denise is with them so I will get some different firms that they use on the forum.

Dave…
    We were lucky, we cancelled two days early on one saving £1300, in the States we hadn’t paid the car it was on pay 48 hours before you go, so that was £650..Manchester airport parking we got £140 back but had to pay £7.50.

If we had claimed it was £80 excess on Staysure, Doctors £30 ish…so we called it a draw….loss on two flights to Houston, our fault picked wrong company!!…you live and learn…we should know better.

I will be very interested which holiday insurance company you find and go for, if you don’t mind…as you say Staysure is expensive…

Jean x

That hoodie I sent back because it was too big, they won’t refund it because they reckon it’s ‘covered in animal hair.’ I don’t see how it possibly can be, it hasn’t been anywhere near my animals.

Well it’s turned into a fast day,only had a small children sandwich and will be having a Kirsty cottage pie which is 298 calories managed to an appointment with my GP, she said on the phone only emergency appointments and asked what it was about,so I said into in conjunction with the heart attack I had,and got in straight away.I have found a travel insurance which varied between £60-£80 for annual cover which includes heart attack,high cholesterol and high blood pressure,not sure I have them but put them in just to be safe,that starts January next year,I went to check it out further but my virgin internet went down,I will look later IE it’s back on.

I bought Alpro dairy free coconut yogurt because I wanted to try to eat less dairy, but I don’t like it. I hate wasting food, does anyone have any ideas what I could do with it? Any recipe ideas?

Pseu…
    Shame on the hoodie a bit of a cheek really…no idea on yogurt I am allergic to it so no idea for you…

Dave…
    Keep me up to date with your insurance..😀

Getting peckish…ham omelette tonight with salad….already for tomorrow just the fresh stuff to pack..

Jean x

https://www.getgoinginsurance.co.uk/

This is the cheapest one up to now Jean.

Dave..
    Put it on a favourites so we know when looking again…appreciate that…

X

How’s the fasters going today?

We have finished now for the day…we were quite peckish earlier…but a good day all in all..

Weigh in in the morning …think I will be the same…as coming off the HFLC, I couldn’t hack it…too much like a diet and too restricting on the food for me…just push on as usual…continuing keeping bread and potatoes very low..

Good luck Katie..

Jean x

I have had a good fast day,hope the rest of you have been the same.I have managed to change one of my tablet’s to see if it helps with being breathless.

I have managed to fast today. Felt like being bad this afternoon after a stressful day but husband reminded me that i am doing well and not to give in so I didn’t!

Claire…
    Well done on keeping strong…it’s hard at the beginning…you can eat tomorrow 😀

Jean x

Well done Claire sticking to it, always hard when you’re stressed!
    Pseudo- have a good evening & weekend! Shame about the hoodie! Hubby had to get stroppy about something we’d bought onlune & arrived broken- they only refunded it when he did!
    Jean- how can you do cleaning in pj’s, that’s weird! Shame about the hflc, I don’t mind not having bread, pasta etc, but chocolate is my downfall!(have to confess I had some tonight when hubby opened a box!) The caravan site sounds nice!
    Dave- hope the doctors appt. is all okay.
    Busy day for us, Xena has been fine so short walks, been shopping, lots of cooking as usual & mum popped in as they’re back from holiday- will ask which insurance company they use as dad has lots of health problems.

All went well at doctors,he changed my pills so will see if it helps.

Hedgehog…
    It’s not a pretty site two people working in P.Js…we definitely don’t look like prisoners in blue striped PJs..😂..more like on the beach….in boxers and strappy tops, well me, tee shirt for Steve…we have laughted 😂😂😂..you wouldn’t believe we are 70 next….good job no body knocked at the door!

Glad you had a good busy day…I would be interested about Dads insurance…

Jean x

Going to be a late one, still a good way to go before the hockey finishes.

Morning all!
    Xena has had the runs again last night, thought she was over it…hubby won the martyr competition again as I have a meeting & training at Home start today. Was thinking about doing a FD, but I think I’ll be too tempted by the goodies they have on offer, so have made a salad.
    Hope everyone has a good day- safe journey Jean!

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Weigh day today and 4lb down this week along with 0.3% body fat, so glad I stuck with it after the last 2 weeks of hormonal blah!

Good luck to anyone else weighing today and have a good day everyone x

Viewing 50 posts - 19,551 through 19,600 (of 35,375 total)

You must be logged in to reply.