Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,905 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,901 through 17,950 (of 35,391 total)

• Lynne- hope you’ve survived the last day of moping(?) & have been able to keep busy. So hard when you have to be strong for the girls too…
    Cakey- I know the feeling of rushing round getting everything ready… Southwold is beautiful, would recommend a visit there! Sheringham, Holt, Wells etc. are all lovely in Norfolk if you have the time! Hope the wood enjoys himself- weather should be good next week!
    Pseudo- hope your evening is more exciting than work!
    Jean- hope you’re not too hot!
    Hemmy- have a good weekend.
    Dave- enjoy the speedway!
    Minols- hang in there with the hormones & FDs & doubledy-clutching!
    Had a good catch up with my friend, she is so busy she makes me feel exhausted, just drinks had. Then finally managed to speak to my friend in Belfast- we’ve been missing each other on the phone & texting’s not the same- so have sorted a date for me to visit- & I’ve booked the flights & car park, going middle of July! I’ve never done anything like that on my own, so am very, very nervous as well as being excited!
    Have a good weekend everyone!

Hi FB Brit friends. Xx

Cakey… Lol… I did so love your post it made me smile. So typical Men from Mars came to mind. Lolol
    Have a wonderful time away… enjoy every moment. Xx

Pseu… Sounds like you made it .. with Brads countdown… Lol Xx

Hedgehogs … sometime with friends in need .. Cake is really the only answer.
    Have a lovely week-end. Xx

Sym… I am sure you are both really enjoying the time with family… Good to be in a different life style for a while… keeps us on our toes as such. Xx

Brads… Sounds like you are really getting into that Kefir… really good reports on it. Xx

Goosey.. you sound like you have a plan .. hope you enjoyed your glass of wine. Xx

Lynne … Thinking of you… Xx Just be careful with all the decorating etc not to ” Burn” yourself out .. it very early days for you.

I did that and it took me ages to get back on my feet. Thought I was ok doing well .. brave facing … I can do this… But it is not easy… I ended up being very anxious and tired…Put on weight eating and drinking .

This forum .. really helped me… so very grateful.

You can do this Lynne… you have been coping for a very long time… the body can only stand so much … just take it steady… trust your instinct and we are always here for you. XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mino.. I love your posts… so uplifting .. The car and bike bits very funny … I just bet so many people love to get a visit from you. Have a good week-end. Xx

Hedgehogs .. just seen your post.. well done on booking that flight … life is so short. good at times to get out of our comfort zones. XXXXxxx

Hope I haven’t missed any one of the gang.

Have a lovely week-end everyone… See you on Monday. Xx

Bedtime All..
    A busy day we have had.. a lovely morning on the beach with lunch at the beach cafe.. we got thrown off the beach as we were on the wrong bit with the puppy, by a nice beach guard ..getting a bit too hot so not so bothered .. he advised where we could go.

We have got Max potty trained, he barks now to be let out.. no accidents 😁

We have now got granddaughter swimming between us, 12 lengths no armbands at 4 years old.. small pool..a little later than the boys but she is now off but a more dangerous time as she needs an adult with her all the time.

Another beautiful storm tonight at 7 pm with lightening strikes.. amazing..

Cakey Wakey..
    Enjoy your holiday ..men typical..you made me laugh.. love the area you are going too, always beautiful weather.

Sorry can’t catch you all too many posts and a page turnover.. thinking of you all.. have a lovely weekend.

Jean x

Cakey -Enjoy your hols -hoovering yourself out of the front door it’s the only way. Lovely
    to come home to done 😊 Hubby of 44 years still thinks it’s a waste of time making the bed, “your just going
    to get back into”
    Jean- sounds as if you are making the absolute most of time with your family, precious memories. They must be loving having you with them.
    Lynne- now I’ve got the guilt- miles of glossing to start☹️
    Hedgehogs- glad you enjoyed coffee and no cake with friend, I had no answer to the quandary, but I’m sure you would have done just the right thing at the time.
    Went to the gym yesterday- 1 hour body pump- my idea of hell (but has to be done,) Then to the garden centre bought 2 peonies , spent the afternoon planting and pottering, then sat with a glass of wine- my idea of heaven 😎

Hello everyone. I’m back!! 🙂
    Took a bit of time out from here as I went to stay with my daughter for a week and then she came back to Scotland with me for another week. We’ve had some great Mum and daughter time visiting Loch Lomond and Edinburgh and just generally having fun together. She has now gone back to Sheffield this morning and I feel very sad and miss her so much already 🙁

As far as dieting goes, I haven’t been fasting but have kept to a reasonable diet and can happily report that I have managed to stay at the same weight as before my daughter was here.

Today is going to be a washing and ironing day with football viewing in between. I will begin fasting again next week.

There are so many posts to go through, that I’m just going to start afresh but hope that everybody is well and enjoying life.

Morning All…
    A 5.45 am wake up and the suns in bed.. I think it’s a ‘gardening’ day today more grass to be laid and some hedging to be planted.. ( not for us children duties lol)

Steve off with daughter early to buy turf.. beaches busy at the weekend..

Goosey..
    Like you gloss duties pending for daughter and I .. maybe Sunday.. after yesterday catastrophe, a gallon of oil paint dropped out of car onto the drive.. fun.. water turned off in the house, three of us covered in paint trying to save the drive..another plumber coming to the house at the same time gave us petrol to clean it up..fairy washing up liquid and a neighbours hose pipe saved the day!… another tin of paint to buy…

Enjoyed your day yesterday in the garden and wine.. I must start cutting the wine back so easy to sit out and relax..

Hemmy..
    Enjoy Mums company over the weekend…

Hedgehog..
    Lovely your break with your friend organised for July.. you must miss her..you will be fine.. I had to go to Dubai on my own 20 years ago.. you go because you want too, people used to say, are you nervous, Yes but I wanted to see my daughter..

I went out 9pm flight Wednesday leaving work lunchtime, back 2.30am flight Monday morning straight into work from the airport at 9am!! ( time difference going back 4 hours helped) slept on plane.. all fun..so exciting for you..

Caz..
    Welcome home.. glad your two weeks went well with your daughter all special times..any shopping bought in Edinburgh, a lovely city…and the lochs too…… however have you stayed the same?? that’s got to be a really well done..Yes I know how you feel, tears at this end when I leave Florida too..

Have a lovely weekend all.

Jean x

Jean are you on Eastern time?I like thunder and lightning poor Heidi just hides,hates the loud bangs.Well after my weekend of beer,chocolate and chips i have lost half a pound,so got to be happy with that.The house phone is on the blink,getting a message line cord error,Virgin say dial 150 to get help,difficult to do when your phone is not working,if it was left up to me i would get rid of the landline,i always use my mobile but Denise wants to keep it,we got a call early this morning but have no idea who it is from.

Caz- Hi & welcome back!! Sounds like you’ve had a great time with your daughter, lovely, but down to earth with a bump… great that you’ve kept to the same weight, well done you!
    Goosey- I love peonies, haven’t got any in this garden, probably no room to squeeze one in either- do you know if they do well in pots?
    Jean- sounds like you’re keeping busy on holiday too! Glad the drive got cleaned up okay! Babysitting duties sound nicer than hedge planting- how old are they?
    Dave- hope you get the phone sorted out! Well done on the half a pound down even with some treats!
    Hope everyone else is okay!
    Caught up a bit on housework as been busy in the garden all week instead, tried to sit out in the sun for a bit but pestered by loads of little black beetles! & made the Ferrero Rocher cheesecake for tomorrow- I’m terrible for picking while I cook & was able to resist (mostly!). There’s just no way of making a keto version of it, so I might have a tiny piece tomorrow, see how strong I am!
    Have a good evening!

Phone sorted,hope everyone is having a great day.

Good Evening…

Lovely busy day..up early and helped to lay more grass turf then helped mulch around the trees and bushes at the front of the house.. swimming again in the afternoon with the children..Charlotte is coming along nicely needs to be stronger…very confident..

Dave..
    We are eastern American time -5 hours from the UK.. glad your phone is sorted..

Hedgehog..
    The cake sounds lovely definitely have a small piece..the children, Cole is 11, Zack is 8, and Charlotte 4.. all very good on the whole..😂 it’s lovely and relaxing Steve would like to live here, shame on the health insurance ☹️

Jean x

7:45 your time but here 12:45, most will be in bed😴😴😴, you will be nice and cool swimming, are you up early again tomorrow?

Hi Dave..
    Up watching footy? Steve caught some F1 earlier..

Yes it 9.30 pm here.. the children have been swimming for 6 hours, I think they have had 3 lots of swimming things on.. bugs started to bite so we are in now…

We are painting tomorrow a bit of preparing.. the gardening was fun today in 30 odd degrees sweating buckets…we are having fun times too.. a good bit of wine drunk….fantastic sunset tonight across the river ..

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- it sounds wonderful! How lucky are they to have a holiday home in Florida! (we always say ‘lucky’, but not exactly as you’ve said your daughter had a really good job so I’m guessing they’ve worked hard for it!) Shame you can’t emigrate! We moan about the NHS, but unless you can afford really good health care, the US system can be difficult too… Lovely to be doing swimming lessons with Charlotte, I bet she’s coming along really well with all that practice, my boys never had lessons, I taught them myself. (& thank you for your encouragement about going to Belfast on my own, it definitely isn’t as scary as going to Dubai!!)
    Dave- have a nice lie-in after your late night!
    Hope everyone has a good day- sunny & warm already here… BBQ later, son’s bringing his girlfriend over after work. Only one extra person (who is tiny & doesn’t eat much, so why am I doing extra cooking?!) Making some keto salads- courgette, lemon & feta, grapefruit, rocket & feta as well as the usual. The boys are getting braver wanting marinades on their meat, hubby’s muttering, will be using 2 lots on tongs for theirs & his plain old stuff!!
    Have a suuny Sunday everyone- hopefully!

Hi all – we have a beautiful day here this morning (Northumberland). Hope you do too 🌞😎
    Hedgehog- cake sounds delicious. Nibbling whilst cooking, I do it mindlessly, all the time. Must stop! Peonies apparently do very well in Potts, in John Innes no 3.
    Open garden day in the village today, we love a nose at other people’s plots, so no glossing for me today, I’m thinking maybe September 😂
    Jean- I think you may need a holiday when you get back lol
    Caz – I’m new to your lovely group Hi, I to have daughter,- grown up. Fab times spent in Edinburgh girly days, haven’t done it in a while though.
    Fasting Mon and Wed next week, trying very hard not to put last weeks loss back on again…sunshine and wine in the garden hard to resist. X

Morning All..
    England footy has got in the way of jobs this morning.. looking like a rainy day for us a bit later about 11am onwards sometimes it doesn’t happen…

I had a lovely walk with Max this morning, down to the park and on the edge of St Lucie river so beautiful at 6.30 am no one about as Sunday…temperature just right…

Hedgehog..
    They both worked really hard and deserve every penny earned, both worked doing 10 hour days, she did have nanny / housekeeper to help but Katie always took charge of children when home..with three children she decided to stop work and focus on them.. she misses her job so much…

Charlotte is totally swimming she was in the pool 6 hours yesterday, one of us is always watching as it’s 6’ deep.. the boys are very good with her..

Enjoy your bbq today, weather sounds good, glad the boys are spicing their food up.. don’t make too much we all do 😂.. the pud sounds great..

Goosey..
    See how we go today… lots to do at home when back.. can’t sit for three weeks so don’t mind…5.2 out of the window for us till back .. we soon pull it back …

Have a good Sunday everyone…

Jean x

England going mad today, about Time F1 delayed I think, recorded anyway.Its very hot here today,shorts on going to be a hot week.Time to take Heidi out when the footie finishes.

Very quiet on here,great day for English cricket and football, recorded the F1 so will watch that later. No need to stay up for sports at the moment, football ends by9am.

Dave- didn’t get to see England’s match, but I heard it- very exciting, hubby very loud! Do you shout at the TV too?
    Jean- I’m sure you’ll find indoor stuff to do if it rains!
    Goosey- hope you enjoyed the nose at other’s gardens & maybe get some ideas? Will have to buy some more pots… It’s too early I know, but we were thinking of a trip to Northumberland maybe next summer, it looks beautiful!
    BBQ was really good, new BBQ worked well. Made some salmon burgers which went down well, not too much left over except for the cheesecake- which will be calling me!! I had a little piece without the Ferrero Rocher on the top- my token effort at not eating too much, lol! Fasting tomorrow, joining Goosey…
    Hope everyone else is okay, others fasting tomorrow?

Denise shout’s at the telly,I don’t, or at least not like Denise does, Cricket was very exciting,more so than football,sorry I didn’t go to it now.Fast day tomorrow for me too.

Afternoon All..
    No rain or storm .. overcast but so so hot and humid..
    Two busy girls here.. Katie doing the walls and me glossing the skirting boards, I did bedroom, bathroom and down the bedroom corridor… about 4 hours, doors next as they need treating before painting.. someone has put wrong paint on.. 5 doors both sides and frames!!…😬😬 2 more rooms for me for skirting boards …

Dave..
    Glad all your sport is exciting and going well..Steve watched footy and F1 ….so good day while we were painting..

Hedgehog..
    Glad the bbq went well.. nice the weather is settled for you all next week..we are not fasting tomorrow send the cake over to us…..we like Northumberland WiFi is often iffy as bleak but it is a beautiful area..

Steve’s back still isn’t good think it might be hip replacement needed.. he’s grumpy..I got eaten alive last night sat out till 9.30, it was lovely but not a good idea.. so itchy took an antihistamine tablet….too many bites to count …

Jean x

Can you come and paint my house next Jean?sport keeps getting in the way.

Dave..
    Sorry …Got a bedroom to sort out and a full house to do.. I will knock this time ..

X

Ok will let you off😎😎😎

Morning all!
    Dave- I love painting walls, I’d come & do that & have some Heidi hugs too?! Not so good at glossing though!
    Jean- a busy holiday, right up your street! Sort of thing my mum would be in her element with- her favourite things, grandchildren, walking dogs & decorating! Shame about Steve’s back- mine has a hip higher than the other, he had a sort of insole thing made for the other side shoe to even it up which helped a bit- I think you said Steve had one hip higher than the other?
    Lynne- how was your weekend? Back to work today- hope the atmosphere’s not too gloomy…
    Cakey- have a wonderful holiday!
    Pseudo- how’s keto going?
    Minols- hope not too busy a weekend, & are you back to fasting today?
    Hemmy- hugs to the lovely Mr Pips, is it too hot for long walks where you are?
    Kay- how is Ellie? Hope your back’s okay with working over the weekend?
    Caz- same for you?
    Goosey- stay strong today!
    I’m sure I’ve forgotten someone…sorry if so!
    Hope all the fasters keep strong today, definitely a liquid one for me!

Good morning everybody.
    Hi Goosey.. I’m fairly new to all this myself but I have to say that they are a great bunch of people on here. Good luck with you fasting today. It does get easier. I’ll be joining you today and Wednesday and possibly Friday as well. I’ll see how I feel later in the week.

Jean… Sounds like you’re having a lovely time with family. How wonderful to be spending all that time with grandchildren. My daughter is expecting her first (my first grandchild!) I am so excited. They chose not to find out the sex of baby which I’m really pleased about. I did end up buying a beautiful baby blanket and some cute little cardigans in Edinburgh. We mostly did the tourist thing though.

Dave.. I’m a shouter at the TV person. I suddenly become so knowledgeable in football, so much so that I obviously know better than ref 😉

Hedgehogs.. Good luck with the liquid fasting today.

Time to get organised for the day. A housework day. Not very exciting but hopefully will keep me busy and keep my mind off food.

Good luck to all fasters today and hope you all enjoy whatever you do on this sunny day!

Morning everyone. Gorgeous sunny weekend with more forecast, but my back is so sunburnt my waistband feels like a cheese grater! I put sun cream on my front, intending to be in my sun chair reading all day, but then got distracted cutting up branches and unbeknownst to me getting my back burnt to a crisp. Shower this morning as agony. Yowch.
    HH, keto is weird – I don’t feel like I’ve lost anything, but weighed yesterday and I’ve lost 7lb in two weeks! I know it’s mostly water weight, but I don’t have loads to loose so I never see a shift like that! I was convinced I was doing it wrong, but I must have been doing something right!
    Jean, Florida sounds lovely.
    Good luck to today’s fasters!

Good morning FB Brits. Xx

What glorious weather we are having … looks like more of it all the week.

Pseu… Well done on the 7lbs loss … you must be so thrilled. Its a lovely feeling. Xx

Caz.. how very exciting waiting for the arrival of your first grandchild. Think its so much better not knowing boy or girl. I always think knowing takes part of that wonderful experience away somehow. Xx.

Decided on a holiday at home this week.. lol House and garden can fend for its self. Lol

Weight good after the week-end so pleased with that. . Just doing one fast this week being tomorrow.

Having lunch out Wed… and tea at the opening of a new local tearoom on Friday. So going to enjoy.

Have a good day all

Brit lovelies…
    Laugh when you can,apologize when you should,
    and let go of what you can’t change.
    Life’s too short to be anything… but happy.

Hi Everyone

You all sound like you’re enjoying the summer! We did a quick hop to Copenhagen at the weekend for one of Runrig’s farewell gigs…just brilliant. Kept the food fairly restrained, though.

Today is the start of the last week of term for the 3 schools I dip in and out of…farewell services for all those heading up to High School, too, so a bit busy. Always strange – a mix of things I need to be at, but I’m not doing a lot at…just watching, but loving being there. then I stand up, so a few things, and we all head off until I do it again with a different set of people! Add a couple of funerals into the mix, and a Holiday Club to prepare for next week, and you’ve a recipe for over-heating – especially this week! July is going to be a ‘stay off the biscuits and use MFP to keep me right’ sort of month, as we head off to the islands after holiday club. Just need to get to the end of this week without gaining, so I can draw a line under this month…and then start again for July trying to stay the same!

Went out for a run first thing this morning – just beautiful. The boy came too, but decided not to run, so just brought his drawing things so he could sit at the swings and draw a dragon…like you do!

If you’re fasting, have a good one!

Mx

Hope all you fasters are doing well,just on my first cup of tea,I looked in the fridge and I have a kefir honey and mint smoothie, trouble is it’s 156 calories 😂😂😂, football soon then take Heidi out, speedway later,so will miss the second game.Weather like being abroad 😎😎😎😎😎

Feeling hungry now,my son just cooked sausage,egg,bacon and mushrooms, Having a Kirsty meal only around 300 calories so can have a yoghurt when I get back from speedway.

Caz- 1st grandchild, congratulations & very exciting!! Hope you don’t get too hot doing your housework today. FD going all right for you?
    Minols- I forgot how early the Scottish schools break up, hope the week goes okay, enjoy just watching at the leavers assemblies! Which islands are you visiting for your holidays? Lovely! Well done on going back to running!
    Pseudo- well done on the weight loss, that’s great! You’re obviously doing it right! Hope the sunburn gets better quickly- I did a strip of my back working in the garden last week, sore… Are you back to running, how’s the hip?
    Dave- enjoy the football & your dinner!
    Hemmy- have a good holiday week!
    Dropped off SIL’s birthday present- she’s a funny one & often moody, Mum rang last week to drop her present off & she was too busy to see them, so we were just going to leave it in the porch, she opened the door, invited us in & we had a lovely chat! Shame she can’t be like that all the time… Did sit out in the sun for a bit too, making the most of it, & sorted out some of my pots. Too nice to be indoors!
    Fasting going well, ignoring the cheesecake still… Stay strong everyone!

Had my meal,still got 500 calories to play with, so will probably be under 600 calories today.Will have a yoghurt and an apple and orange when I get home from speedway.

Pseu.. OMG 7lb well done!!
    Caz … We have 1 grandson – light of my life, it’s beyond,beyond, fantastic 😬😄
    Brads… What’s a Kirsty meal?
    Hemmy… Love your thoughts for the day, love a holiday at home, up the drawbridge and immerse yourself in the things you work at and for all year round.
    Had a lovely day looking at other people’s gardens yesterday, was such a social thing to do kept bumping into the same people, some friends, some vaguely recognised as neighbors who we didn’t know very well but had lovely chats, ended up having wine and nibbles with the couple who live opposite – turned out they had the best garden of the day just hidden away.😀
    FD today gone well, fluid all day, roasted courgette this evening.
    Plan tomorrow
    Skip breakfast
    Green salad lunch
    Salmon with greens for dinner
    Happy fasting to all,😀X

Evening everyone

Scales this morning have not been kind, 3lb up this week, but hopefully quickly on/quickly off.

All downstairs doors/frames glossed as well as kitchen, hall/landing/staircase and banisters. A few bits to touch up as I did the doors outside and the sun was so bright I missed a few bits. That’s it the for a bit, the upstairs doors and frames can wait, fed up of the smell and it’s setting my sneezing off.

Work seems quiet at the moment, possibly work not flowing in from other departments also affected. Everyone seems to be alright, it’s such a long way off, too early to think about a new job and I keep changing my mind about what I want to do. Plenty of time to make up my mind after Christmas as I’ll probably be paid until the end of April. A bonus of working for a large organisation.

Fasting today and liquid only so far. Hope a good FD will help banish some of the gain of last week. 5 weeks until holiday so need to get back into the swing. A blip is fine, but I need to keep focused or I’ll end up regretting it.

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying this wonderful weather, hope it hangs about for a few days.

I promise tomorrow it won’t be all me, me, me.

Night everyone

Lynne x

Goosey these are Kirsty meals,http://www.kirstys.co.uk/
    Very Nice too.

Afternoon All….
    Decided on another busy day, 5 hours painting 13 door sides, and all the frames, in another bedroom skirting boards and washed the walls down .. feeling we have broken the back of it.. that’s between us.. one bedroom to go 😁..Steve took the children to the park and on puppy duties..

I had a lovely walk with the pup this morning again at 6.30 he was sat waiting for me..

Hedgehog..
    Steve’s hip is crumbling his sisters the same.. he’s not good at all, taking lots of painkillers..and grumpy..

I suppose it’s mums we like to help..Katie has had so much to do..she’s a grafter bless her…

Families are strange we have a few of them..

Caz..
    How exciting when is the baby arriving?….my daughter when she was in Dubai, each child as she headed to hospital in labour, I headed off to catch the plane to land the day later, I surprised her with breakfast in bed after her second child..exciting times..

Pseu..
    Goodness 7lbs off in two weeks amazing..I don’t think keto is for me but it’s working…

Hemmy..
    Enjoy your holiday at home, relaxing in your lovely garden and no jobs..I think I could do to be with you.. enjoy all this hot weather..

Minols…
    Tie all your ends up and head of to your holiday.. enjoy..

Dave..
    Hope you are going ok.. enjoy your meal..

Goose..
    Nice your wander around the gardens went well.. we did that in Hull when we lived there…

Lynne…
    We are definitely joining you in the glossing corner..about finished with that ..more jobs to do..hope work settles down and you start finding out what’s happening…

Shame on the weight increase… I will be up when back, will be back to AFDs.. no problem we are enjoying ourselves..

Enjoy the sun everyone..

Jean x

Good morning FB Brits.. Xx

Another wonderful day… lovely to see that sun shining. Although I know its hard for some people with health problems and of course working.

Sym and Lynne goodness all this painting ..I need to do some .it will have to wait though.

Sym never painted the pots this year .. shabby chic. lol

Fast day today … anyone else. will be quite easy as just taking Mum home then in the garden reading .. just coffees today .

Have a good day all. Xx

Brit lovelies…
    Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.

Morning all!
    Up early but got stuck into jobs before it got too hot, only just finished!
    Jean- you’ve done loads, I’m sure your daughter is very grateful! Poor Steve- his hip must be very painful… Enjoy your day- you won’t have put much weight on, you’re probably burning it all off!
    Lynne- I’m sure those 3lbs will come off quickly, & nice to have the holiday to look forward to now & to aim for with weight loss. No rush to decide what to do about jobs is good too xx
    Hemmy- have a good day, enjoy your garden. I’ll keep fasting until late afternoon.
    Everyone else- have a good day & hope that you all enjoy the sun even if it’s just in a lunch break! Off to have my ‘break’ now for half an hour before I go to see the H-S family.

Scorchio here again,think I will wait until it cools before I take Heidi out.She got up at 4am for a shopping time now,back later.

Hi all
    Quick post just to say I’m still here.

Ellie having surgery to remove the ulcerated tumour in the morning. On her birthday…Well adoption day….Bless her. Just hope it goes ok. Has to be done, no option.
    So I’m a bit preoccupied atm and I’m struggling with 5:2 and comfort eating!

Loving the sunshine though.

Hope everyone is ok x

Hope Ellie is ok,I don’t know what the weather is like in The USA but here in sunny Manchester it’s 31°c and getting hotter as the week progresses, football just about to start.

Afternoon All…
    We have been having a good look around and had lunch in a small town called Stuart.. lovely small place..

So hot here after lunch time for a few hours.. 32 degrees plus…we are in now with the AC.. swim later..

Kay..
    So sorry on Ellie .. hope the op goes well it’s such a worry.. 💕💕hugs to you all..

Hemmy ..
    Shabby chic sounds about right for your pots..sometimes perfect isn’t right.. enjoy your you time on your own..

Hedgehog..
    Nice to get your jobs done early.. have a good time with your HS family..

Dave..
    Pup walking for me at 6.30 before it burns his paws.. he is now waiting for me every morning..

Enjoy the weather not everyone enjoys it… too hot for us really.. we like 20 / 22 degrees… I have been bitten very bad ..covered in bug spray but it’s not working..Steve is back/hip hurting a lot but managing…

Jean x

Evening all!
    Kay- hope that Ellie’s op goes okay & that she gets over it okay. Hugs from me- for you & Ellie. 5:2 will be waiting when you’re less stressed!
    Dave- enjoy the heat! Hope Heidi is okay with it, does she play with a hose or anything? Our dog sitter had a doggy paddling pool which Josie loved…
    Jean- hope you & Steve can last the holiday! Hope you’re not too itchy!
    Hemmy- hope your FD’s gone okay?
    Mostly indoors this afternoon reading & playing with the lovely boy in my HS family- & so many cuddles with their little dog, she’s really clingy, but so cute! I wonder if I could hide her in my bag when I go….
    Stuck with fasting until dinner tonight, salads left over from Sunday.
    We might have a day out to the beach tomorrow!

We keep saying we will get a doggy paddling pool, will have a look on Amazon.

Hi FB Brits. xx

Hedgehogs … hope your fasting went ok till late afternoon. Best getting work done early while its so hot.. Love the heat but thinking today not nice if you are working in it. Our poor postie looked drained this morning.
    Hope your visit to H-S family went well. Xx

Brads .. very hot for our fur babies… Lucky I don’t have to take Pips on the road at all. Lots of shady walks among the trees thank goodness. Must admit even feel a bit jaded on my return at the moment… although not going so far… Hope Heidi enjoyed her walk. Xx

Kay .. of course you are preoccupied at the moment love. Sending lots of healing thoughts and best wishes to you three.

Kay..keep us in the loop with Ellie… we will all be thinking of you tomorrow. Lots of love… XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sym…Oh lovely to be able to do your swimming. Yes… it is rather hot when it gets over about 25 … have you tried vinegar on the bites… It was my Grans and Mums remedy for everything todo with the skin… It did help me with horsefly bites which are nasty.
    Just read today as its so hot this year there will be lots of flying ants to look forward too. Lol

Sorry poor Steve is back/hip playing up… always seems to happen when people are away from home.

Funny as you said about “perfect” …. I have been trying to think ” Good enough ” with stuff. Lol

Enjoy your time with family. Xx

Today went well … just coffee and some strawberries. Out to lunch tomorrow… down by the canal.

Mino … Goosey… Caz… Pseu .. and all how are you doing.Xx

Had a look on Amazon but too expensive or too small.

Kay – hope Ellie ok xx

Very lucky with with weather, stunning Cottage and lovely location. Alternating coast and country to explore each day. Yesterday Hh we went to Southwold on your recommendation and had the most lovely day.

Not thinking about fasting but not been hungry, normally on hols we enjoy at least one coffee (and cake) every day but this year just haven’t felt like it. Walking lots too.

CW

Hedgehog..
    All biting tonight and I am itchy 😂 strange they come and go..could be any time of day or night…

Glad your HS visit all went well.. and cuddles from the furry…

Hemmy..
    Flying ants are not very nice ..I bet your pots are lovely with all the flowers in… just put vinegar on.. I smell like fish and chips..!!!!😂

Cakey Wakey..
    Have a lovely time I really love the area…Southwold is lovely.. you have the beautiful weather always good in Norfolk/Suffolk…glad the accommodation is stunning..

Jean x

Morning everyone!

I’m up and at ’em early this morning, got into work twenty past seven – too hot to sleep any longer, plus earlier I get in earlier I get to leave and enjoy the sun!

How are you guys finding fasting in this heat? I’m not eating much just because it’s too hot – the idea of being hot and full makes me cringe. It’s not ‘too hot’ in general for me, I like it, though I foolishly sunburnt my back and it’s still hurting a lot – I have to dart in and out of the shower because it feels like I’m being boiled.

There are warnings out about the hayfever being particularly bad – and they are right. I went for a walk Friday night and part of the path was through ferns over head height. After I got home my eyes were really itchy, woke up the next morning with big swollen eyes. It’s so delightful when I go to bed looking normal and wake up looking like Quasimodo. Is anyone else suffering with hayfever?

Jean – bites are a nightmare for me, I always swell up hideously! How’d yours doing? Going down I hope?

Good luck to everyone fasting. Make the most of the sun – it’ll soon be cold and wet again!

Morning all!
    Pseudo- my boys get hayfever, but haven’t bee too bad with it this year- maybe they’re growing out of it. Hope your back soon gets better… I have a lovely brown stripe across mine now, hasn’t peeled thankfully! Nice to be able to do flexi time!
    Cakey- glad that you’re having a good holiday, being very restrained with your eating!! If you like castles & depending where you’re staying, Framlingham & Orford are both nice- Orford would be cooler by the river. Woodbridge is a quaint town too.
    Jean- hope those bites soon go!
    Hemmy- enjoy your day out today!
    Kay- thinking of you & Ellie xxx
    Lynne- Has Becs been able to get a job, or are you putting her to work at home?
    Dave- Heidi might be all right with a kids one; Josie used to play with the water a lot & claw the bottom so she punctured several of the boys ones, but if Heidi’s not so playful you’d probably be all right!
    Minols, Caz, Goosey, Typhoo & everyone- have a good day, & keep away from the ice cream if you’re fasting!!

Viewing 50 posts - 17,901 through 17,950 (of 35,391 total)

You must be logged in to reply.