Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 day ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,701 through 17,750 (of 35,390 total)

• Minols…
    Just love the old classic’s…Steve said take it steady no upsetting the OH…lol…definitely a head turner…how old is she? he was asking…

Hemmy..
    Just having a coffee then upstairs..I shall take a couple of dresses but really shorts, tee shirts and a couple of swimming costumes given up on bikinis now..very casual and even scruffy the Americans I shall even be thin…lol…there’s a washer dryer and on every day so no problem there…

Some beach mornings 6am start usually a breakfast picnic before it gets too hot then around the house, small pool there too…reading and relaxing…watching boats pass by, lovely sun sets ….promised to take my whites and paint brushes, so in the afternoons I will help to do some decorating with her…not every day…lol…I hope..

I have loads to do and not much time left, a few days committed to appointments..I will have to be ready..

Glad your coffee is working well, and keeping you full….enjoy your ‘me’ time before the weekend…I am trying to keep off potatoes and bread at the moment, it will be hard while away…

Jean x

I will ask the author of the dirty diet about my TDEE and see what she says, I will report back if she answers.

Hi dear friends..xx

How are other fasters doing today. Just had my 3rd coffee and feeling brilliant .. so much more energy than normal.

Usually after lunch I start to flag a bit .. not today very active… can honestly say I don’t feel hungry either .

Been drinking lemon water in between… cant wait to see the scales tomorrow. This morning I as 2lbs off my best weight.

I also think what thoughts go in and out of the mind is more important than what food goes in and what stays out of the body. Lolol

Brads… will be interesting to see if you get a reply from the author I couldn’t somehow come to grips with it … joined the face book page. xx

Sym… I forgot you were sorting clothes for the states .. thought it just a wardrobe check. Yes.. all will be very casual and you will be like twiggy . Lol Xx

Hi Steve – Stripey is a 1966 ‘barn find’… Literally, had been put in a barn years ago. He has a slightly bigger engine taken from a beetle of similar age – the first we had. Apparently it’s well known in beetle-wife circles that the first renovation rarely makes it back to the road! It is now far from original condition as OH has made it fit our family so a single seat in the back not the original bench and then space beside it for the dog. But he runs a treat.

Oh and FD has been alright – a little over but determinedly recording everything on MFP even the bits I’d like to ‘forget’ I nibbled on

Good day, everyone?

Mx

Hemmy I have spoke to her before, will wait and see if she replies,think she will. Jean I was in a rush so I tried your method for poached egg, it was perfect.

Waiting for eldest to come home so I can eat with him- scales were nicer today so decided to give the one meal a day a bit longer (which was my plan originally!)
    Jean- hope Steve’s back gets sorted, won’t be fun flying otherwise… hope you found enough clothes to take. A working holiday then?!
    Hemmy- sounds like the milky coffee is going okay for you? I think I do better not eating on FDs… Enjoy your pottering days!
    Dave- glad you had a nice poached egg!
    Minols- how’s the driving & parking going? Hope you survive the evening on your FD!
    I’ve had a stressful driving experience today as well- drove so carefully in son’s car, then some numpty nearly swiped the back off it trying to undertake on a dual carriageway! After that while the chip was being done, a builders lorry nearly took the back off trying to get round Halfords car park! & the man doing the chip was having trouble, told me he’d have to send me across town to the other branch- & I was on a time limit! He must’ve seen my face & tried something new, managed to get it all done for me, thankfully!
    Then with my H-S family the little boy ran off from his Mum & thought he was going to get run over! Hopefully now I’m home things can calm down…

Hi All..
    Steve’s back got massaged as no click due to his prolapsed discs….sorted a lot of clothes out I am getting there..sorted travelling clothes out, I often get chilly on flights….a swimming costume which was a bit tight last year looks good now….need new shorts for Steve popping to M & S tomorrow, another pair would do…
    Must remember to buy jammy dodgers for the family they fight over them..😂

Minols..
    Steve said …a little beauty and a good find…

Dave..
    Glad the poached egg was perfect…Steve’s way not mine…lol

Hemmy…
    Good luck on the scales tomorrow…I am watching closely…I like the name Twiggy used to be called it at 20, far from it now..he he…

Hedgehog..
    A bit of a hairy time for you…glad you got the car sorted without having to take elsewhere..and you HS family not your day….

Jean x

Hi all,

It was porridge for breakfast this morning and was so tasty after yesterday’s fast but I’m sure I could have eaten twice as much.

Have been hungry all day which doesn’t always happen after not eating for 36hrs so did a nice plateful of spaghetti Bolognese but about half way through I started to feel full but managed to scoff the lot.

Hi All. Xx

Well decided not to have the 4th coffee as really feel full … in and out of the loo peeing so all good.

Now have a big glass of no calorie tonic water with ice and lemon… Oh I am sooo excited OMG if the scales are kind in the morning I feel I have cracked FDs for me. Never thought I would ever go all day without some solid food. Yay

Hedgehogs .. how scary for you … thank goodness you got it done though after that. On our village chatline on FB… peeps are always naming and shaming vehicles that either drive unsafely or park stupidly.

Then the scare with the little boy… wonder if your star sign advised to keep away from traffic today. Glad your back safe and sound. Xx

Brads … That’s the very best way to poach eggs… Delia or Mary Berry endorsed it as the very best way. Xx

Sym… Bet you were thrilled that swimsuit was a nicer fit … really makes you feel good.

Hopefully Steve will feel better after the massage.

Always loved jammy Dodgers … had them in the school tuck shop many moons ago. Lol

Sounds like you have had a good day. Xx

Ty…Pretty good going not eating for 36 hours… bet you didn’t really eat a lot today just felt like it. Xx

Kay… Lynne.. how is it going with you. Xx

Enjoy your evening everyone. Xx

Hi Weety Caz.. Goosey Ps

How are you all doing today. Xx

Sym do we have a list now I cant remember everyone. Lol Xx

Hi All, Non fast day today, lunch and dinner were perhaps a little more calorie laden than they should have been, to be honest I am not the best calorie counter- must try harder ! F D Tomorrow Good luck to all.

I have got a giant serloin steak for Saturday,I just wish could get it to taste like when I go out for a steak at a restaurant.

So….I have an image of Jean sat on the plane in a swimsuit, Hemmy swimming in milky coffee, Dave finishing a perfect poached egg whilst rushing out of the door with Heidi on the lead, Minols on the moped whilst thinking through how changing gear would feel in the beetle, Typh00 with a huge bowl of porridge looking for the sunshine and HH lying down in a dark room…..

Kay you have a great imagination 😎😎😎😎😎

Lol… Love it Kay and what would you be doing. Lolol. Xxxx

Fast day today. Planning tomorrow -any tips on calorie counting?

Morning all!
    Kay- I picture you on a lovely beach with Ellie pottering beside you!
    Goosey- I’m really sad & love lists, planning etc., so I worked out calorie counts of my fave food/ meals, & planned FD meals & nonFD meals so that I wouldn’t stray… fine if you’ve got a spare day to do it!! I tried to keep between my BMR number of cals & TDEE of nonFDs.
    Dave- hope you cook the steak well, my son loves the Schwartz steak seasoning or garlic butter on his. (also loves filet steak, so doesn’t have it very often!!)
    Hemmy- hope that the scales are lovely to you today!
    Jean- look after your Steve, have fun shorts shopping!
    Everyone else, hope you’re all doing okay, & have a good day!
    Hubby & I came to the same conclusion, that we’re not going to have time to get the mini garden projects done this week, even though everything’s been delivered early, he’s working today, but I need to do shopping & some cleaning before we go, so will have to hope that the weather is okay next week! Want to watch the womens tour cycle race as it passes through near us this morning, planned a visit to a friend later, & a visit to a deli for my fave cheese for the weekend, plus cleaning…

Morning All…

Steve’s back still iffy, it’s a month now….bedroom estimate man coming at 10 then off out to see if we can get some shorts…this last week he has cut one pair doing jobs and the other pair with paint on!!..I have managed to get the paint off and repair the others…he wears them through the year so needs a couple of pairs…

Kay….
    Just love your thoughts me in a swimsuit on a plane…a sight to behold…😂

Tyhpoo..
    Hoping you feel not so hungry today…strange how it hits you….

Hemmy…
    What a full organised Dayton have had….the food or not food..lol….going very well….like the tonic idea just think there’s a gin in it..possibly joining you when back…after this weekend two pound up this morning, hope I can pull back for Friday weigh in…good luck for you today..

Never worn this swimsuit, three years old, fuchsia pink…ummm a bit bright…(I will try and look at the list and update it )

Goosey..
    Calorie counting most people use…myfitnesspal app, free on phone and tablet…sometimes it’s out a bit but it’s a good guide…you can log your own meals and recipes too…logs your weight too..

Dave…
    A steak lovely ..us too for Friday ….American son in law showed me how to do it..he usually bbq’s it.
    My way…It has to be cooked at room temperature out of the fridge for 2 hours before cooking.. rub both sides with Worcester sauce or soy sauce lots, grind of black pepper lots, garlic salt lots, rub it all in…leave at least two hours to soak in Before cooking room temperature …
    Then a heavy bottom fry pan..a good knob of butter..fry and seal over high heat both sides for 4 mins each side, drop the temperature down to half, put at least 2 oz knob of butter in the pan turning the steak every 3 mins and basting the butter all over…No pressing or squashing down!!…I do mine just done off pink, it takes about 12 / 15 mins…put on a hot plate and rest for 5 mins…it should melt in your mouth…

Hedgehog..
    Have a lovely catch up with your friend..best leaving the garden and do it both together much easier..

Poor daughter in Florida had a drop of wet soil from the river, two days ago, she was in the garden 10 hours yesterday, in 30 degrees, flattening and raking it all out, she called a man at lunch time and paid him and she worked along side him….she was cream crackered, it was supposed to be done when hubby was there but he’s gone back home to work….today she has turf arriving…her wrists where hurting I am not surprised.

Must get going…

Jean x

Fat Busting Brits..

We have this list to keep up with people and place where they are in the county..I might have it wrong, just change it or you can add your bit if you want too, as much or as little or not at all…sorry if I have missed anybody as I have lost my original….

Symba7..(Jean and Steve)…lives near Selby, Yorkshire, retired, likes caravanning and holidays, Jean chasing 7 vanity pounds, Steve a bit more..4 daughters.

Kay…with OH Neil lives in Cornwall, with Ellie the dog

Hemmy..the lovely gardener, with Mr Pips and daughter Kirsty living in London. Retired.

Minols..in Scotland, hubby and son, one dog

Hedgehog..lives Suffolk, veggie..hubby and 2 sons

Pashaw…..(Lynne)…with daughters Hannah and Bec..lives Cardiff area.

Brad27…(Dave)…with Denise his wife, lives Manchester area, Heidi German Shepard

Typhoo …. Scotland

Cakey Wakey…Scotland, 2 girls living away

Pseu…on her own..veggie…Swansea area

CazD……(Caz)…Scotland ..58 year lady..with 2 daughters living away from home.

Weetybee….Tatu..33 year old..July 2019 Wedding ..private chef..London area

Gooseylucey….

Cheers
    Jean x

Good morning Friends. Xx

What a beautiful morning it is too…. suntan coming on. Lol

Goosey .. hope you have a good FD … I don’t really pay too much attention to calories now… think between 500 and 600 is ok. Xx

Brads… hope you enjoy that steak. Xx

Hedgehogs… Enjoy the next few days .. start your break early if you can from home… Don’t worry too much about the dust before you go … there will still be some when you get back… Have a good day.. xx

Kay … what are you up to today… is it a working one… xx

Sym Hope Steve’s back improves soon… not nice for a long haul.

Hope you get a good estimate for the bedroom… Your daughter sounds like a good worker like her Mum. Not easy going in that heat.

Good luck with the shorts shopping Xx

Well my Brit lovelies… so very excited and happy to say I am my lightest ever today … yesterday was defiantly was an eye opener cutting carbs completely.

I only ended up with 3 cups of milk ..still don’t feel hungry today… amazing I have always thought I needed solid food.

Will be doing the same on Thursday…

Down side … I hardly slept wasn’t tired but am today… in and out to the loo all night.

Yay Yay … going to strut my stuff over those fields this morning … Lolol…

Good luck all. Xx

Brit lovelies…
    The best 6 Doctors in the world are .. Sunlight.. Rest.. Exercise.. Diet . Self confidence and Friends. Xx

Maintain them all in stages and enjoy a healthy life

Hemmy..
    Well done lovely to be at your lightest…enjoy the romp across the fields I envy you..being outside getting your vitamin D…lot of benefits for the winter months….I am going golden too….not much walking this last month I have missed it..I shall be out on my own when back if I have too…

Clicker man thinks it’s Steves hip making him walk funny, needs to see doctor but he’s fed up on doctors..🙁

I had meat yesterday and an omelette this morning for breakfast a bit of a change around for me, must admit it filled me up….I have got some rye crackers in too…no bread or potatoes for me…I shall try and cut down while away if I can on those but will be difficult….first 10 days not so bad, before SIL joins us for the last 11 days that will be a different story…but on holiday I know..😀

Love this mornings quote –

Jeans

Hi everyone.

HH – such a stressful day yesterday – really hope today is better, but it sounds like you have so much on just now! Draw breath regularly…

Hemmy – brilliant news on the weight. So glad! I’m interested in the milk thing. I’m not a big fan of milk, but perhaps if I added a little (tiny, tiny amount) of chocolate…? I know it’s certainly filling when mixed with oats and demerara!

I was up early this morning which is never great, as I had an early breakfast. But hoping to keep it light through the day and have a salad tonight (before the weather turns ‘soupy’). Feeling like I’m ‘dressing for hormones’ at the moment, if you know what I mean – no weight shifting, so I’m going for the Marilyn Monroe look (yeah, right! as they say up here!) Steve remains my guru – if I were not keeping on top of what I’m eating then just imagine what size I’d be becoming…

Lynn – are you off today (I think Wednesday is your ‘pause in the middle of the week’ just now?) – hope you’re having a good one.

Right, enough putting off the actual writing – time to gather my thoughts.

Mx

I have tried Schwartz on my steak ok but not like you get in a restaurant,

Jean I have not got any Worcester sauce ,never used it, and I can’t stand garlic, the smell makes me heave, any meat that’s pink I would give to the dog, got to be black for me, I like the burnt taste, the steak is half a kilo, special thing for father’s Day I think, when I worked they sold steak in the canteen,I asked how they did it there and was told lots of salt and pepper put it on the highest heat possible.But they had it in a marinade, so non the wiser.

Hi all,

It’s looking like another dry day here not sunny at the moment but at least it’s not raining.

I am watching daytime TV and all the ads seem to be life insurance and funeral cover for the over fifties do they think once you hit fifty you are going to keel over and kick the bucket I’m 52 later this year and not ready for a box fitting quite yet. 😎☺

Not feeling quite so ravenous today just the normal hunger pangs.

Jean

I’m also vegetarian like a few others here and have a young daughter who lives with her mum.

They are all 32 and non smokers.

Not so sunny here today, in fact it’s clouded over now, so I’ll finish my coffee and head along to the cottage I’m starting to housekeep for as it needs a clean before first guests arrive on Friday. You would have thought that the owners would have left it clean when they moved out on Sunday, but I guess they are paying for the set up clean!

Dave, steak needs to be at room temp, butter and a hot pan, keep basting it, and time to rest afterwards. I think I might get some steak for Neil on Sunday from Ellie!!
    I’ve started reading the DD book. So far so good. I’ve also started on the Kefir, which I do like. I sure it must be doing me some good!

Typh00, glad I don’t watch daytime tv, the ads sound depressing! Are you fasting again today??

Jean, how was the bedroom furniture estimate? Is that the lot now? Time to decide? Hope Steve gets some shorts. Hope he can get his back sorted a bit before the long flight. How long are you away for? Crikey I don’t envy your daughter having to do all that work! And more to do by the sounds of it.

Hemmy, how fantastic that you’re at your lowest ever! Is that you at goal now I can’t remember? The coffee with milk obviously worked for your fast yesterday. That’s what I normally on a fluid fast, a coffee with half milk. I’m not a lover of milk tbh but it is filling when you make a coffee with it. Maybe I’ll try doing that tomorrow. Do you have whole milk? I’m not sure I could stomach that these days but it is supposedly better for you than the lower ones.

HH, hope that today is much calmer for you after yesterday! When do you go away?

Minols, hope you are getting through your work and have a decent low day.

Goosey, good luck with your fasting and prep for tomorrow’s NFD. I also use My Fitness Pal when I want to plan the cals although after years of dieting can guesstimate many things for rough idea!

Lynne, Caz, Tatu, CW and Pseu…Hope you are all ok.

Right time to crack on before I get too snoozy lay here on sofa! X

Good afternoon Fat Busting Brits. Xx

Smashing day .. nice breeze will be good in the garden later.

Had a lovely walk … very quiet and just the sound of the birds… Mr Pips in the dog house as had to shower him … rolled in that bloody fox poo again… Oh a hate it .. makes me feel really sick… only vinegar seems to get rid. Kristy doesn’t mind it . Lolol.

Well decided after being so elated yesterday .. to carry on cutting out the carbs today.

Just had a 2 egg omelette with a slice of ham and some cheese … salad feel really full and not lethargic after lunch with the sandwich.

So wont have much for dinner … Its all in the mind I reckon… what we get used to doing/having.

Sym… it will be hard on you re food in US … much easier when you are just at home and in control of the food.

I used to keep biscuits and cake in in case of unexpected visitors .. terrified I wouldn’t have anything to offer with tea/coffee.

I don’t anymore unless I know they are coming … peeps are getting so big now they don’t need all this crap really

Hope you find the shorts. Xx

Mino .. I reckon it would be ok with a spoonful of choc or maybe a couple of squares melted in… good dark choc. Worth a try .. good shaking things up a bit getting out of the comfort zone tried and tested. Xx

Brads … if you like your steak cremated … . maybe grill would suit better … a bit of mustard and butter each side … grill high both sides then lower the heat and keep testing till you are happy. Xx

Ty … lol .. you are a spring chicken..Dont concern yourself over those adds ..
    I always wonder how vegetarians ever put on weight … as all their diet seems healthy.

How old is you daughter is she vegetarian too. Xx

Well how are the rest of out little gang doing… Good luck fasters Xxxx

Kay… at least you are your own boss .. my friend cleans homes locally .. loves it just able to do her own pace.. well paid too.

I had put aside a pint of milk… had a big breakfast cup … full fat milk

I didn’t think I would have enough milk for 4 cups…which I had intended… so did just over half milk to topping up with water … did in microwave.

Ended up though with 1 at 8m…. 2pm… 6pm… then had 2 glasses of no cal tonic water and lemon…. peeing for England all night.lol.

I am trying to lose another 6-7lbs … 12 jeans but still 14 top…

Enjoy your day. .. lovely area you live. Xx

I usually do the steak on an actifry,no mustard though, yuk.😜😜😜I have a cast iron griddle pan, not tried that yet. The steak is a whopper, half a kilo. Never heard of kifer untill I bought the book, not tried it yet though.

Kay: I’m not fasting today but yesterday was a day of extreme hunger after my liquid FD on Monday.

Hemmy,

I’m not sure about the spring chicken but not quite a dodo either ☺. My daughter isn’t a veggie and will be eight just before Christmas.

Unfortunately cakes chocolate crisps and most sweets are suitable for vegetarians so still have to be careful what you eat. 😉😃😏

Afternoon All..
    Waited in for the bedroom man and he didn’t turn up…can’t get hold of them as on answer phone..I was cross waited two hours before we went out..

No shorts for Steve all too very long, maybe buy while away..I got new strappy tee shirts for bed I wear with boxers which are fine…

Minols..
    Bad when the hormones kick in hope they calm down…just push on…

Dave…
    Just cook the steak in butter at room temperature…keep turning it until it’s burnt..25 mins??..after the first 4 mins on each side high, set lower but keep basting as it keeps it moist and helps with the cooking…

Kay…
    An offer …fancying looking after the holiday house in Florida..daughter looking for someone…daughter is very hard working as her hubby is, she is laying grass turf today….I have to give her my honest opinion when I arrive see if she needs to alter anything…still chasing the estimate I quite liked this company…☹️

I had a lazy ex so my daughters have been used to hard work and helping me…lol..all good training they are both good girls…

Hemmy..
    The food is so processed and crappy..you have no chance…even to buy in supermarkets…might throw some milky coffees in..instead of food..when I can…

Tyhpoo..
    I was thinking on those lines veggies are usually healthy and thin…didn’t think of the chocolate biscuit things…lol…

Caz..
    How’s things going doing nice things with daughter…

Lynne…
    Day off are you decorating?…I have starting filling but loads to do here…..now after hols..

Hedgehog..
    A good catchup with friend…

A few people busy and missing hope you are ok…Pseu, Tatu,

Bought last few things…jammy dodgers and custard creams, Bisto….😂

Jean x

Will do Jean 🥩🥩🥩🥩🥩

Hi Hemmy
    Our young dog (late) used to love the fox poo, too – vile. But he did manage to go one worse… We were at the beach one day and he got to a seal carcass and before we could get to him had immersed himself in it… Absolutely dreadful!
    Mx

Mino … have washed him in shampoo and vinegar … yukky and he still smells Lol .

Seal carcass oh my goodness… why do they love this stuff. Pips rolls backwards and forwards adores it.

Mind you he was a good boy as lady came along the bridleway .. big horse he was off lead and just stood sat me … felt very proud. Lol Xx

My grandmother’s fig used to roll in fresh cow pat’s 💩💩💩💩💩

Ty… oh of course .. you can still eat all that naughty stuff too… I always have these visions of veggie people just eating all the healthy stuff. Lol

Your daughter is a lovely age .. still nice and innocent. lol … teens to come.

How strange you felt that hunger after the liquid day Monday .. I feel quite full today. Is it better again today. Xx

Brads.. I am sending out a plea to the universe that the steak is wonderfully done and hits the spot. Lolol. Xx

Sym… so very annoying when you have wasted time waiting in for an estimate … makes you wonder how reliable they would be doing the work.

Glad you found some tops… probably more choice in shorts out there for Steve. Xx

Wow you’ve all been busy on here today! I’m sure I’ll forget someone…
    Typhoo- didn’t realise you were veggies too- I’m with you on the temptations of biscuits, chocolate etc.
    Hemmy- fox poo is foul- our Josie did that several times, the worst time was when she ran up to hubby straight afterwards, covered him with it, & then we had a long, hot car journey home with the stink!!
    Jean- your poor daughter, having all the work, but nice to have a holiday home in Florida, I’m sure it’ll be worth it!
    Minols- hope you found something to where & that the hormones disappear! Ew- seal carcass! My sister had to try & get a rotten dead rabbit away from her dog- it disintegrated & she was nearly sick!!
    Dave- hope this isn’t putting you off your steak!!
    Cycle race flew by, but I love watching all the escort vehicles too. Nice catch up with my friend, things are going really well for her now, they’ve had a really hard time with 2 autistic girls… Lots of cleaning, washing- ironing’s here but definitely not getting done tonight!!

Evening All,
    Second fast day of the week over, tea coffee, marmite drinkx2 and a pickled gherkin.😄
    Plan for tomorrow
    Blueberries and natural yog
    Fresh salmon and salad
    Gammon and green beans.
    Glass of Red wine.

Thanks for the calorie counting tips, will try my fitness pal again, but I am definitely going to make a list of my most used foods/meals

I live in Northumberland, I am 61 married, have a daughter, son in law, and fabulous grandson 6yrs old

Anyone else watching The Fast Fix: diabetes on ITV where they have five volunteers with type two diabetes going on a liquid diet of 800 calories a day to try and cure them.

I what it is with dogs and wanting to eat or roll about in disgusting things I’ve been there too with my black lab who unfortunately is no longer with us.

Evening All…
    These mucky yucky dogs…what are they like…lol

Goosey..
    When you start using MFP, each time you use it your regular foods appear first so it gets easier, you put breakfast in, your usual things you eat will come up, your coffee, it remembers…good luck..

Good fast day well done..😀

Fast day for us tomorrow..

Typhoo..
    Programme interesting on again tomorrow night…good results…

Jean x

Evening everyone

Quick post before bed. Down to lowest weight after Monday’s FD and another FD planned for tomorrow.

The lurgy has hit the household. Bec and I had a fever on the weekend and have been left with more mucus than kleenex can handle. Thankfully no exams this week, just one left next Tuesday. Hannah seems to have caught the cold now and is hoping not to have to miss any of her placement. She’s happy to soldier on but is working in a school for children with special needs so lots of very complex issues which she doesn’t want to worsen. I’ve still been to work, just a bit tired and croaky.

Anyone, enough of my moans, and need to be in work for 7.30 tomorrow, so off to bed and I’ll have a good catch up tomorrow.

Night everyone

Lynne x

Night

Lynne.. Xx

Half a cup of hot water

Half a fresh lemon squeezed

2 tablespoons honey

Pinch of cinnamon Its wonderful for coughs and colds. Sleep well. Xxxx

Morning all!
    Lynne- hope you all feel better soon- a worry for Hannah with the children she’s working with… great that exams are nearly over! And very well done to you with the weight loss!
    Goosey- planning’s good, keep strong!
    Typhoo- not watched the programme- I’m sure that the diet will work well, but it’s what happens at the end of it… will they keep healthy or go back to old ways & pile it all on? Very easy to do with a very restricted calorie diet…been there, done that!
    Have a good day everyone!

Morning All
    Just spent some time trying to get my head around MFP again, it is a great tool, no kidding yourself there😩
    It’s quite plain to see why l have put the weight back on again, portion size/snacks/wine/wine,ect

Hubby booked us a holiday yesterday, for September – middle of, hope I can get to get some of this damn fat off before then😬
    Thanks to all for help, good luck to those on F D. Enjoy your food those who aren’t.

Morning all… FD for me today and lots of walking/cycling. Moped in for it’s service just north of town. Walk to a ‘meeting’ at my fave Italian cafe (I love my job – ha ha) a quick visit then I’m taking an hour off at lunch to get my shoulder massaged before a niggle becomes a problem. A bit more writing and then motherhood kicks in. The boy got a new bike yesterday so we’re hoping to cycle to town and then to swimming. And then another meeting (no coffee involved this time)

So busy, nicely distracting day!

Hope everyone else has a good one planned.

Mx

PS goosey – you’re right… No hiding place with MFP!

Hello

Not sure which way is up at the minute. Got back late last night for trip to Birmingham. Couple days at home then back to Derby to see the youngest, then on to Birmingham for couple of days then Bristol. All to jam in before going on 2 weeks hols on Friday. Not sure when to fit the work in, never mind the housework and getting ready for hols.

Diet fallen apart and psoriasis chronic. Although having just read what I’ve written and knowing both stress Nd diet is a factor it’s not really surprising. Need to press control alt and delete.

Thank you so much for all your lovely birthday wishes. I did have a lovely day, quiet with just me and H.

Some wonderful results on here – well done Hemmyon lowest weight and like the simplicity, yet comfort of milky coffee days.

Hope you’re feeling better soon Lynne, sounds like a nasty bout of something. Thank goodness no exams for Bec this week.

MFP is good for focusing. I’ve just found another one called Yazio which seems very similar but works with my watch so trying that out Goosey.

Not long until hols Jean and thank you for sharing our bios. We could do with updating them. I from Durham (near Newcastle), although do spend a lot of time in Scotland with my job. 49 with golden retriever, 2 grown up girls and husband (not necessarily in that order)

Italian coffee shop sounds good Minols? Trying to guess if it’s an independent or my fav chain that’s does great apricot croissants!

How are you finding the kefir Kay? It’s one of the things I’ve been trying to incorporate too. It’s mentioned a lot in different forums I see.

Time to start the day xx

Morning All..
    Windy and dull here…

Off to the hygienist this afternoon not much else planned at the moment…until Steve has his ideas 😂

Fasting day for us..

Lynne..
    Sorry to hear the household has the lurgy..hoping you all feel better soon..well done on being your lowest weight …😀

Hedgehog..
    The programme made you think how much we all must be into the healthy zone, with loosing all our weight…I was not impressed at the shakes and baby food which was on offer, full of vitamins I know but not a healthy way of doing it..no excerise either…as you say after 8 weeks they are having to rethink what they are going to eat….we are doing it the right way…
    Slowly slowly…

Goosey..
    Lovely to have the holiday to look forward too…where are you going??…you could easily get a stone off by then…😀…

Minol…
    Good luck to your busy day…the Italian sounds rather me…a lot of excerise..good luck with your shoulder…

Have a good day all….anyone else fasting with us today??

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 17,701 through 17,750 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.