Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 hours, 5 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,401 through 17,450 (of 35,392 total)

• Hedgehogs not sure I could go all day without food, may give it a go one day soon, I used to get leg cramps so did a bit of googling and found a solution, don’t get them anymore except for on holiday occasionally,I used to suffer with IBS too but that is a thing of the past also. I was up at 6-30 am, unheard of for me.

Morning All

Raining this morning but I think it may be lighter than expected…the rest of the weekend looks good for everyone…

Packing the car and off early as soon as I blow dry my hair..hopefully before 9 am..

Steve lost 1 lb…and I have stayed exactly the same to the ounce…so must be balancing out after my hectic ill body week…

Hedgehog..
    Well done getting to goal now for the wriggle room pounds…enjoy your friends bbq, she Dan give you tips what she cooks…hope you get yours out too…give it a tester…

I do feel much better, I am so glad as it’s a busy definitely a walking weekend…you will possibly hear Steve complaining in Suffolk…😂

Dave..
    What’s your solution for leg cramps…Steve gets them…

In the middle of no where..so may disappear off here till Tuesday when home…unless I get to the WiFi marquee..

Have a brilliant holiday weekend everyone…we are fasting next Tuesday…

Jean x

When I tell anybody how to stop getting leg cramps nobody ever believers me, it’s very easy,put a bar of soap under your mattress, that’s it, I read about it on the internet, it was Lady Di’s remedy, it is also supposed to work with cork under the mattress.Since I did it about 10 years ago I have never had cramp since, I used to get it quiet often before ACD would jump out of bed screaming.

It’s still summer here in Scotland and not a cloud in the sky so will enjoy it as who knows what the weather will bring next week.

Been out shopping bought some fruit and orange juice ready for me to eat tomorrow and some new pants a man can never have enough pants 😄.

Good luck to everyone joining me on this fast day.

It’s supposed to be more hot weather on the way, hope they are right. Will sample the Bury black pudding tonight. Miserable day here today hour the rain stays away tonight for the Speedway.

Afternoon All…
    Set up at Sledmere.. rain rain rain horrendous..walking about with two pedal bin bags on my feet my waterproof shoes don’t like long wet grass… not too bad for me as I do inside jobs… poor poor Steve, setting up and going for water..I might as well of put him in a swimming pool 😂..trying to dry everything off..his waterproof gortex shoes.. swimming inside and out 😬 down to his undies..

Settling in for the day, cooking a nice meal in tonight and and a glass of red..Steve’s back very iffy, he’s resting up.

Typhoo..
    Hoping you have gone down on size for those pants 😁 make the most of the weather..

Dave..
    Take onboard about the soap.. I think I have heard that before..enjoy the black pudd ..it’s not for me …

Jean x

Dave- thanks, I’ll try it! Hope you enjoy the speedway & it’s not rained off…
    Typhoo- willing you on today, I think you’re on your own!
    Jean- hope it dries out quickly, I’d definitely be a fair weather caravanner! Well done again to Steve losing a pound- very strange for you with having your bug & not losing… Hope his back gets better soon. Enjoy your meal tonight!
    I don’t think I’ll get any BBQ pointers from my friends- they do weird stuff, cook it all in the kitchen then bring it out in pans & put the pans on the barbie! Veggie fritters & pulled pork with salads & quiche last time. I’m baking the cake this afternoon, it’s going to need the top trimming a lot, that’ll be tempting…
    All quiet- hope everyone’s okay & have a good bank holiday weekend!

Black pudding was lovely,weigh in tomorrow, not had confident as last week but should be ok, been under my allowance all week. No rain here but full, who says it always rains in Manchester 🤤🤤🤤

Morning all!
    No cramp last night Dave, hubby grumbled that I’m going completely mad!
    Jean- hope the rain stops & you can dry out , enjoy some walking.
    Typhoo- enjoy your breakfast!
    Didn’t have time to cool the cake enough to ice it yesterday, so am having to get cracking in a minute- hate leaving it until the day but you can’t do sponges too early… Have to be there for 12pm. Fingers crossed no problems!

Hello

Hope you’ve dried out jean. I love to hear the sound of rain on a caravan roof but not whilst setting up.

Hh good luck with the cake. I’m a baker too. I had a little business CakeyWakeys as you’d expect but stopped a couple of years ago. I loved doing it but fitting it in alongside a full time job and travelling got too much. The final straw was a 3 tier wedding cake and 100 cake jars that coincided with a week I had to be away. I misread the date, not realising the wedding was Friday rather than Saturday and pulled two all nighters to get it done. Now I just bake for friends and family. I’ve got a graduation, a 50th and a silver wedding to do this year.

I had soap in the bed too for cramp, not sure where I read it lol.

This anti inflammatory diet is so restrictive, finding it hard. But combining it with 5:2 and this week I’m 5 lb down.

Gardening today if the rain stays away

CW

I dont know why the soap in the bed works,but it works great,no cramp for years since i first done it.I have lost 1.5lbs this week so I have reached my first target.Think i will leave the chocolate until i lose the next stone.

Afternoon All…
    Weather all dry now.. a bad start yesterday but if it’s booked not a lot you can do..everything dried Steve’s shoes the last they went on the caravan roof this morning as it was sunny and windy.. he went off wearing them this morning.

It’s a shame the Marquee Village is too far away to walk so having to take the car down .. quite a slow journey around the edge of the fields minding the walkers as you go..doesn’t seem as organised as last year..better the weather has picked up.

Sledmere House is beautiful and we had lunch at the cafe..

Hedgehog..
    Hope you got the cake done and enjoy your bbq.

Cakes Wakey..
    Another person who likes baking too.. to do it professionally gives me the worries lol.

Dave..
    Well done on your weight loss and first target…😁

Resting at the caravan…Steve watching F1.. going to Queen Tribute Band tonight..

Enjoy your weekend..

Jean x

The Queen tribute sounds good, I like Queen, got a varied taste in music from classical to Black Sabbath.I am not sure how long I have been of my naproxen, maybe 2 weeks,I have noticed a couple of aches and pains I didn’t have before but my knee is ok so I will continue without them,I will order one more month to take on holiday in case of emergency then I will stop ordering them.

Morning All..

Windy but sunny blue skies…don’t know what we are doing .. a walk up to see what’s on ..must look at the activity map but Steve may watch F1 later.

Killer Queen was absolutely fantastic a really great night.. nearly everybody was up clapping and dancing.. worth every penny ..split 2 hours.

Dave..
    I could never get on with naproxen it used to start my arthritis in my toes off so painful..I have been on No tablets now for a year, I am letting my body fight…I have had 6, in emergencies only..I am making a note.

Steve has to have tablets so no choice, it’s a shame really.. we have cut them down to his bare minimum… the side effects off doctors drugs are so great, you take one then have to take another from their side effects and so on… he feels much better off the ones he has stopped… he can walk without so much pain for one..which is great..

Have a lovely weekend everybody..

Jean x

Morning!
    Cakey- hope you’ve enjoyed your gardening? I did some yesterday evening; a bit achy today & have blisters, bites & scratches, but it’s satisfying! Didn’t realise you did cake decorating too- explains the screen name!- don’t know how you did it along with a full time job & your 2 girls, especially with mixed up dates!! People keep asking me about doing it as a business, but I’d find it too stressful, I like to do mainly cakes for family & fiends now.
    Jean- glad you had a good night out, sounded fun! Hope you get some walking in, is Steve’s back a bit easier?
    Dave- well done with the loss yesterday & reducing the painkillers! Very strong of you not to have the chocolate, it’s been a long time waiting for it as it is!
    Got the cake done early yesterday, & enjoyed the BBQ; my friend’s family are lovely & very welcoming, a big Scottish reunion, not many English there!! Food lovely but iffy on the carbs for me(my friend’s been trying keto, but not really getting on with it!)The keto version I made of the choc terrine for myself was amazing! Needed to burn it all off, hence the gardening last night…

Getting slaughtered at cricket so will switch over to F1 later, It’s a beautiful day again here, took Heidi out for a walk and will take her again after F1 is over, I am trying to drink water only managed 500ml yesterday so I will try for 1500ml today and see how I go. The naproxen are supposed to stop arthritic pain that’s why I was on them, but getting by without them so will leave them alone.

Lovely and hot here a bit breezy, put the wind break up it’s just about right for me a bit hot for Steve..

His back or into his hip is sore, sciatica..so resting up he’s better than Friday. Staying around the caravan today having a lazy day.. may walk out myself later running short on bread.. could we do without???

Definitely off plan having a few naughties maybe catch up on not eating last week 😬.. fasting Tuesday.

Hedgehog..
    A Scottish bbq goodness could you understand them.. Steve has a friend/ old work colleague, as he drinks his talking gets faster, then I can’t understand him, he’s from near Glasgow..we try and meet up once a year.

Dave..
    The tablets are different for everyone but definitely upset my toes, a side effect.. enjoy F1

Deciding on lunch and 5 mins out the sun..

Jean x

Hello

Slugs after my lupins already.

Hh – I love making cakes, I found it a way to unwind from work and got lost in the creativity. Sadly as a business, it turned a passion into stress as ended up making time consuming themed cakes for next to nothing for people I didn’t know. My style is delicious, rustic cakes with amazing flavours and natural ingredients. But I was being asked to make cakes in the shape of dogs or body builder or minions or minecraft etc. Much happier now baking because I want to not because i have to.

Interesting debate about meds. Naproxen set my skin off, despite asking the Dr who said it wouldn’t. Then after a flare up, reading it was a side effect. I am fierce advocate if natural healing and complementary therapies. So many side effects to everything.

Off to my Mother in law’s this afternoon. I do her grocery shopping so will take that up and hopefully get her garden tidied. It’s hard because she needs jobs done but prefers you to sit and chat. Might try to get her outside but it may be too much for her.

CW

F1 at Monaco is a waste of time, passing is almost impossible, love the track to look at but the racing is awful.The highlight is Verstappen coming from the back.

Dave- not a very good sporting weekend for you then- neither cricket nor F1 any good?! Did Heidi get an extra walk?
    Cakey- I don’t mind doing some of the novelty cakes, but your own ones sound lovely! I would imagine it’s pretty hard as a business now anyway to compete with the supermarkets doing cakes now for £8… I know what you mean about the prices- I had a spell where lots of the toddler group Mums were asking me to make cakes, I felt bad about what I was charging them as it was & that was barely covering the cost of ingredients!
    Jean- hope you had a good day & good weather yesterday? I keep forgetting to say I made the carrot cake flapjack for my son, & he really liked it! The carrot really stands out though, it doesn’t sort of melt into the mix like it does with carrot cake, I guess because the cooking time’s quite short. I’m sure I would love it, but kept away from it!
    We didn’t get our gas BBQ lit yesterday- we think the cylinder has run out & it’s gauge is faulty as it shows nearly full, hopefully that & not the BBQ! Luckily had a bit of charcoal left so used our very old BBQ & it went really well. Hubby grumbled that he prefers the taste of charcoal ones anyway, but the reason we switched to gas was because he used to make such a big fuss about lighting them , & would always say the weather wasn’t good enough, we’d only perhaps have 2 a year!! Nearly had a row about it, but not quite…!
    I’m fasting today, anyone with me? (Gotta stick to the Monday routine or I’d have a job getting back to fasting again!). Just black coffee for me 🙁
    Minols, Kay, Lynne, Pseudo, Typhoo, all the newbies- hope you’re all okay & having a good weekend!

Morning All..
    A cloudy start but breaking up now..

A very lazy day yesterday.. Steve watching F1 ..I went out for a walk and ended up at the Arena, very festival atmosphere.. out about a hour. Sat out a lot too reading.

I think we may walk down later as I found an easier route.. Steve’s back still iffy.. see how we go..

Cajey Wakey..
    Hope your visit to MIL went well yesterday..us oldies do like visitors but everyone is so busy..

Hedgehog…
    Glad the carrot cake flapjack went well and he enjoyed it..

Shame on the bbq hope you get it sorted out .. I think we all like the charcoal ones but gas is easier .. keeps tempers at bay… I do ours as Steve can’t be bothered he fetches and carries for me.. especially the red wine..

Have a good FD I think you may be on your own.. ours tomorrow..and home.

Jean x

Morning all.

Hope the weather improved for you, Jean – it’s been glorious up here!

Watched the F1 on reply last evening once I’d finished work…have to say, I fell asleep during part of it. Ricciardo did a pretty amazing job with a de-funked car, at making the circuit work for him…woken very rudely at the end by Le Clerc’s crash!

FD for me today, but about to go through to the kitchen and make a bowl of porridge. Then it’s salad this evening and that will be it.

The boy is like a zombie this morning after Cub camp – a part of me was tempted to keep him off school because I’m pretty sure he won’t learn a thing today…but I need to get on with some work so I’m leaving his poor teacher to deal with him!

Anyone else fasting?

Mx

A good fast day up to now, weather glorious,been at the Speedway this afternoon, we beat Leicester Lions easily, managed to ignore all the food, just got home and will be leaving soon for the return meeting against Leicester at Leicester tonight, must stay away from the burger van, they are nice at Leicester so it will be a temptation, going to try for a liquid fast today for the first time, only had 2 cups of tea up to now.

Dave – if you’re going liquid, make sure you drink LOTS of liquid. And maybe consider something we salt – either Bovril, or Jean used to swear by just liking a little salt off your finger tip. Otherwise you may get a headache.

Good luck

M

Thanks Minols, don’t like salty drinks so will have coffee or hot chocolate at Leicester, maybe get a sachet of salt. Just gone past Stoke so doing well.

Dave- stay strong, good to do a liquid fast on a day when you’re busy, but not when burger vans are around!!
    Jean- enjoy your last evening- seems to have gone quickly!
    Minols- stay strong! Did you have a nice time away with OH?
    Spent too long in the garden lots of weeding done in the full sun, bit of a headache now, serves me right! Had a walk with sis & her dog too, in the forest but it was still very hot…I’ve drunk so much today!

Stood next to the burger van and my mate just got burger and chips 😯😯I am staying strong.

Hi Sym

Hope you and Steve are doing ok. Lots happened here since February.

Mum had a heart attack … then fitted with a pacemaker… stayed with me for 3 months. Just got her back to her flat and Kristy found a lump on Mr Pips… as you can imagine lots of stress.

Anyway .. so relieved it was a fatty lump and removed all was well.

Weight stayed the same all through…. am now starting to think about myself again… would like a bit more off. Size 12 bottom still 14 top.

Haven’t done fast day for about nearly 4 months… going to start tomorrow. Anyone else. Xxxx

My mate in Edale sent me a picture of a big burger and chips,he doesn’t know I am doing the fast diet so can’t have him, is wife fetched it home for him.I have had a hot chocolate and a coffee in Leicester.

Evening everyone

Sorry I’ve been awol, missed one day, then another and another and before I knew it I was out of routine.

Missed to much to comment on everyone’s posts.

Dave, just wanted to say how sorry I was to read about your neighbour. I always thought what a great neighbour you were and without your help I’m sure he couldn’t have stayed at home.

Hemmy, how lovely to hear from you. Yours was the first name I saw when I logged on. Sorry to hear about your mum, hopefully the pacemaker will help, and glad Mr Pips lump was not too serious.

So, over the past 2 weeks I’ve been missing I’ve managed to stay the same weight, but I go on holiday 9 weeks today and need to get myself back into a routine.

I’m enjoying work and gradually increasing my hours, but realised today I need to get better at planning, or my day will be all about work and I know I need to prioritise myself and the girls. I’ve planned my day tomorrow, and even included posting here as this is one thing I do for myself and I don’t want to let that slip.

We’re in full exam mode here. Bec’s worked hard, but this week is a struggle and I’ve bored myself nagging about revision. It’s half term here and when she goes back she has 7 exams left, 6 in one week. I know a few of you have family sitting exams at the moment and hope is all going well for them.

Hannah is moving home in a week or so and has been bringing things back a bit at a time. Not sure where I’m going to fit everything, especially kitchen stuff. May be the garage to the rescue.

The kittens are coming up to 8 weeks old and are into everything. 2 go to new homes on the weekend and I’ve been persuaded to keep one, bringing the pet count to 1 dog and 3 cats.

Planning an early night, well before 11 is early for me, and fasting tomorrow. Anyone joining me?

Speak tomorrow

Lynne x

Morning all! Bad neck from all the gardening woke me early again…
    Hemmy- sounds like you’ve had a very difficult time- you’ve done well through that to maintain. Think it’s quite a mass fast today to help you get back in the swing!
    Lynne- glad you’re back; a lot of stress on you again with increased work hours & Bec’s exams. It’s a shame she has so many the week she goes back, but it sounds like she’s worked pretty hard, I’m sure she’ll do well. I remember the stress of last year very well… My youngest is done already, so he has this week off & next week to as others are still taking theirs. He doesn’t think he’s done very well, so we are resigning ourselves to him maybe not going back next year- I’ve stressed myself too much in the past about what he’s going to do, so am letting it go now! The kittens sound adorable, hope you’ve found them good homes!
    Dave- well done on the burger front!! Hope that you enjoy your breakfast this morning, well deserved!!
    Minols- did you do okay yesterday? Hope your son survives school- forget that you have different school holidays up there!
    Jean- safe journey home!
    Cakey, Pseudo- is it back to work today?
    Kay- hope you’re okay, are you home today?
    Lots fasting today, I’m still in fast mode, had a white coffee to help soak up the painkillers. Hopefully getting our front garden dug up & shingled today, will have to keep busy & out the way!

Hello

Back to work this morning, not travelling until Thursday so couple of days working from home. Not fasting today as spent yesterday afternoon in bed with migraine. Better today but feel like I’ve been hit by a bus so being a bit kinder to myself.

Hope you’re ok Lynne and Becs gets through the week. It’s so tough for them and all we can do is support them through.

Amazing will power Dave at the speedway, very impressed.

I imagine your garden is looking lovely Hh, wish we could share photos. I didn’t get my bedding plants planted out as planned yesterday. How did the cake turn out?

Safe travels home Jean, sounds like a lovely weekend.

Hello Hemmy, sorry to hear you’ve having tough time.

Hello Kay, Minols, Typhoo, pseudo, Caz and everyone who may be fasting today.

Morning everyone,

Just a quick post this morning whilst having a coffee, but determined to get back into the swing.

Fasting today and going to try for liquids only, but won’t be that light as Monday (or Tuesday after a BH) is free tea/coffee in work. The latte is very good and I will indulge in one, and maybe another for the walk home, but hopefully that and water will be it. Not great, but could be worse.

HH, hope the painkillers kick in. Good advice about ‘letting it go’, I know it’s natural, but getting stressed about something I can’t control is futile.

CW, hope you get over the effects of the migraine, only ever had one and wouldn’t want another. May sure you take regular breaks away from the screen, hopefully easier if at home.

Jean, safe travels.

Good luck to anyone else fasting today, and hope everyone has a good day.

Lynne x

Morning All..
    To a very foggy start.. time to go home 😁 we have had a very lazy 4 days as the weather the last three days has been lovely..the festival seemed to be more towards children than more mixed last year…Steve’s back seems better, like before we came it’s ‘about’ mode. A good 4 days.

Hemmy…
    Really lovely to hear from you and glad you are back with us…sorry to hear about Mum and Mr Pips a lot of worry lovely it’s more sorted now..

Steve has been diagnosed with bone marrow cancer at Xmas, his platelets are increasing.. but it’s slow long term and he is holding his own. I am OK.

Minols..
    Hope you enjoyed weekend away and your poor zombie son is coming around..it must of been a good one lol.

Dave..
    Well done on your liquid only..

Hedgehog..
    Hoping your son has done better than he thinks, grandson is the same..what will be will be it causes to much stress..

Hope your neck improves through the day..

Lynne..
    Glad you are back on board.. too much stress on exams and Hannah coming back home which is lovely.. you will feel better you are all together again… you must make time for you and the girls…

You will miss the kitties, nice you can keep one..

Cakes Wakey..
    Good luck with work not good after a bank holiday 😬

We are fasting today, had too much to eat and drink as been off plan….pull back time lol

Jean x

Hello lovely people,

33yeads old and gearing up for my wedding in July 2019 so keen to find a realistic maintainable food approach for the next year and a half (have my second wedding in Kenya Feb 2020! – friends and family overseas). I’ve been a somewhat 56-58kgs for the past 7 years and always a bit grumbly about it so hoping to shift the stubborn 4kgs that were not in the picture before that! Haha

Im a private chef which complicates things slightly!

Could anyone shed some light – is it best to have set fast days of the week or to keep it flexible? Either can work well for me but wanted to ask the groups advice.

If anyone is in Chelsea/belgravia/Fulham areas and fancies a running partner I’m game!

Looking forward to joining the veterans and the journey ahead.

Xx

Welcome Weetybee You will like it on here,i usually do Monday and Fridays but if something crops up it is simple to change to another day.I have now gone 38 hours without food after my liquid fast so i am doing very well.I think it helped going to two speedway meetings and the 5 hours of travelling on the coach,i was stood less than 10 yards from the burger van for over 2 hours but didnt cave in,The Leicester fans are great and very friendly we had a great night.Going shopping soon so if they have any wholemeal seeded cobs i will buy them for my lunch,waiting for my new Mobile phone to be delivered so got to wait in for it which means all the cobs will probably sell out.

Afternoon All…

Back safe and sound …..car emptied washer on…back to the grindstone…lol

Shopping later to keep busy…all going well fasting, we might find it hard as been eating and drinking as wanted…

Weetybee…
    Welcome to the group and congratulations on your wedding….we like to do Monday and Thursday although we switch if we have too but not often…I find staying with the same days is like being non negotiable, I plan around it with visiting people..if I can..lol…..4 kg is not a lot to loose so getting to eating in a healthy mode and loosing slowly is the way to go…

Dave..
    You have done very well to keep away from the burger can…fun setting up your new phone…

Keep strong fasters how is it going?

Jean x

Morning all.

Started early this morning so just sat down for a bacon roll and to catch up on posts.

First thing I noticed was that the post at the top of this page had Dave thinking he couldn’t do a fluid day in the way someone else does… And here we are at the bottom of the page discovering you’ve more than smashed it, Dave! What an inspiration! Maybe I can stretch myself a bit on my next FD?

WELCOME, Weet… Keep dropping by for support – there’s usually someone around.

And Hemmy… So nice to have you back. I was thinking of you when I walked the dog this morning and how if Aud dropped back we’d have our ‘gleesome threesome’ back to help Jean keep us all in order!

Working tonight so going to take an hour off to do the shopping – no food in the house, which may be good for me but has the boys complaining. The wee boy loved camp and was a little more human this morning. OH and I had a lovely wee overnight – the weather up north was amazing and we went down roads we’ve never explored before with stunning views. Roll on July and a proper holiday!

Have a good one, everybody.

Mx

Thanks Minols,i went exactly 40 hours without food,got my cobs so i feel full now.New phone is now fully charged so i will be like a kid with a new toy,just charging my old phone so i can see what i want to transfer from the old one,I dont think my new phone has got any bloatware so that will be a bonus,I bought the new headphones to go with it so i will have to charge them too.I found a great app for my phone,its all rock music hundreds of tracks that you stream so takes up very little storage space.I listened to it on the way home from Leicester.

Dave- well done you!!! Especially with the temptations you had! Enjoy the new phone…
    WeetyBee- welcome to the group, & good wishes for the wedding! You’ll have to see what suits you best with FDs- I always do a Monday, it works well after the weekend, some people say it’s best to spread them out, Pseudo in our group does 3 back to back… it can work out well being flexible if you’re out much, but for me when I varied the days it was too easy to think ‘oh, I’ll do it tomorrow’, & keep finding excuses! Not too much for you to lose!
    Cakey- hope you’re migraine doesn’t resurface & you take care of yourself. The cake looked great, but I think might’ve been a bit dry- I did a madeira so it was easier to ice. Didn’t have any to try myself! The garden is definitely not looking good- we’ve got a clematis which has got out of hand & collapsed the arch it was trained over, so have had to cut it completely back & now have an ugly gap! Hopefully we can get a new arch & retrain it, & keep it better controlled!
    Jean- back safely, & back to work already! Hope your fast is okay, & glad Steve’s back is improving- he wasn’t trying to get out of the walking was he?!!
    Minols- glad your son’s back to normal, & you get them fed well tonight!
    Lynne- hope your FD has gone well!
    Weather too good to stay inside, that’s why I did more gardening- butchering really! Hubby was pleased as he wasn’t looking forward to tackling it, his elbows are really painful with tendonitis. Front garden cleared, ready for hardcore tomorrow, very noisy, feel sorry for the neighbours! Fast has gone well, I’m not feeling hungry at all.

Getting started on new phone, trying not to put too many apps on it. Must put my fitness Pal on it.

Hi Everyone. Xxxx

Thank you all for your concern.. its been very stressful but hopefully back on even keel now … Ready to unwind in my garden.

Sym.. so sorry to hear that news regarding Steve. A worry for you I am sure. You are a strong person though .. you have the strength for both of you. Xx

Lynne .. I have often thought of you … Its never easy losing our loved ones. They say time heals but I still struggle after 6 yrs. You have your girls to help you along the way … and those lovely animals too. Don’t forget to look after Lynne as well… Easy to do that when making sure others are ok. Xx

Min… I had forgotten how very much you make me smile with your wonderful expressions.. I bet your boy is keeping you on your toes if he is like his Mum . Xx

HH That made me smile imagining your butchery in the garden. Often things thrive when they have had a good chopping down. Xx

CW Hello to you too. Good times to come for us all. Xx

Brads.. good luck with the phone … just have a basic mobile…old fashioned and use my laptop. Lol Xx

Hope everyone else is doing well with this way of life.

Had a good first day fast… Waited till 1pm then had a big milky coffee .. kept me going with lots of lemon water till 5pm … had cheese omelette and a big plate of salad… 2 apricots so much easier with the warmer weather… all the fresh stuff around.

Decided today also to cut out my icecold cider completely … so day 1 lol … on my walk this morning met with a friend that studies natural remedies with herbs . Told me a client of hers had complained about the remedies not working.

The client drinks a fair bit of wine… Jo said .. she explained that you couldn’t expect miracles without taking some responsibly for your body. I thought so true…so giving alcohol a miss.. mustn’t substitute it for anything else. Lolol

Brit lovelies ….“Lets be gentle with ourselves … We are doing the very best we can!”

Evening Hemmy..
    You have done well on your first fast..and you have a plan in hand….knocking the cider on the head…no red wine for you now…lol…you used to be my red wine partner….

Must have a go with the milky coffee used to do that years ago…I know it does fill you..

We have had a bottle of red over our 4 days a away…decided to go off plan..we don’t very often and we don’t drink much now at all…a few chocolate biscuits too…line drawn now…

Lovely you still get in your garden, are all the plant pots painted for the summer..we are fasting again Thursday…

Night night

Jean x

Hedgehog..
    A busy girl in the garden…don’t be doing too much..good luck on sorting a new arch out…I need to trim a bush which is leaning to one side…just noticed you waiting for hard core tomorrow you will be shattered..hope all goes well..

Dave..
    Hoping the phone is up and running..

Jean x

The phone is getting there slowly, lots of research to do now.

Morning all! Torrential rain all night, it’s probably knocked out all my baby veggie plants which were just starting to grow… 🙁
    Jean- we have someone in to do the front garden, we’re definitely not up to doing that!
    Hemmy- poor you, no cider 🙁
    Hope all the fasters stayed strong in the evening!
    I’ll have a day indoors catching up on the housework today, as it’s been neglected, & have to pick up new reading glasses. Still not too hungry!

Good morning Hedgehogs and all. Xx

Hedgehogs .. Funny touch wood never missed the cider last night. Just a habit like the wine was. Lol.

Hope you find your veggies intact .. that would be such a shame if the rain disturbed them too much. I don’t grow many veg.. just some tomato plants and some bean seeds in pots that a neighbour gave me. Xx

Sym..Lol yes cant believe all that Merlot I got through …I just don’t fancy it now… too heavy.. Kristy will make up though…

I honestly believe my weight stays good because on a normal day its just a big mug of coffee made with full fat milk. That really fills me up much more than toast and marmalade … then I tried just fruit as you know.. Xx

Hope everyone fasting has a good day … non fasters choose wisely.

Brit lovelies…
    “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” Xx

Hello

I’m on slug watch. Planted all the bedding plants out yesterday evening. Chicken with roasted sweet potato yesterday. It wasn’t a fast day but I’m off normal potatoes.

Eldest daughter home with her boyfriend later today for the weekend whilst the youngest is off exploring the Far East for 3 weeks. We are so lucky with these clever phones as lots of messages and photos to keep me up to date.

Thinking about your veggies Hh and hope the rain is making them strong and not washed them away. We are expecting rain later today.

What’s housework? Mine gets a lick & a polish at the best of times but when it’s gardening season it gets even less than usual.

You’ve reminded me Hemmy about making do with coffee. When I was much better at this fasting malarkey I would have one at lunch time, sometimes with a couple of squares of choc and was happy then to keep going until tea time.

Hope you’re ok Lynne, easy to slip back into working long hours. When the girls left home I was worried that I wouldn’t know when to stop, too easy to keep working late. My big puppy put paid to that. He’s a good distraction as come 5 pm he is ready for a walk. Sometimes I come back and continue working but it’s a good way to stop. Take care x

I seem to have volunteered myself to host a cupcake day for Dementia awareness in a couple of weeks. I never know how many to make. I’ll take them to the office and hope people buy boxes of 4. I’m sure your cake wasn’t too dry Hh, I always do Madeira instead of vic sponge for celebration cakes too but always try and suggest chocolate or carrot or something that stays more moist. Very tempted to copy the flavours of lemon & elderflower from the royal wedding for some cupcakes.

Any fasters today? I’ve got my name down for tomorrow.

Morning All…
    A rainy start for us today…

We had a good FD strangely went better than I thought with all the munches over the 4 days away I thought it might of been a hard one….

Shopping for shredded coconut and chai seeds a bit hard to find at the right price, chai seeds at Aldi shredded coconut will be maybe Sainsbury’s…

Hedgehog…
    You have sent your rain to us..🙁…hope your baby plants survive maybe hardier than you think..no comment on your front garden, Steve would definitely be with you, a few arguments here over grass cutting lol..

Hemmy..
    I do like a red wine with a good meal but drinking later in the evening upsets us both for bed…you say habit on wine and cider but really it’s all the naughties are habits…after time they can be broken.

The newbies struggle with FD’s but again it’s only habit of eating..we all can’t see what the problem is as it’s a way of life for us now..

Kirsty bringing her new OH to see you hope he’s nice and you get along, you have to see him a few times to see what you think…I know you liked one of her others but it didn’t work out…🤞

Cakey Wakey..
    A busy weekend getting your youngest sorted and packed a very exciting time for her..is she going on her own or with friends..enjoy your eldest home with boyfriend…busy bees…

I joined Facebook to keep up to date with my youngest when she lived in Dubai…I least I knew she was busy and about even if I didn’t get phone calls…they are tinkers sometimes…

One my favourite cakes Almond and cherry a moist cake, my daughter made it first, Madeira also lovely..lemon another favourite…stop it too many too nice 😂

We are fasting with you tomorrow..put our name on the list…

Pseu..
    Are you still away hope you are having a good time..

Kay..
    How is the family get together in Chester…a lovey city..enjoy…back today I think safe journey…

Lynne..
    How are you doing getting back in the swing and to your plan….

Minols, Dave, Tyhpoo, Caz, Jenny and Chardonnay thinking of you all….sorry if I have missed anyone

Have a good day all..

Jean x

Getting to grips with this phone now, it has got some nifty gestures on it, I put that rock music apk on it and they also do a classical apk so put that on too. Under 2000 calories yesterday so doing ok, not sure whether to do another liquid fast or not tomorrow, will see how I feel. On the weather front no rain up to now so fingers crossed.When I took Heidi out yesterday I stopped at a house lower down our street and had a chat to a lady who has got a rottweiler, she is older than me and had breathing problems, her dog Willow gets on well with Heidi so I said I could try to take them both out together for a walk, don’t know if it will happen, but it would be nice if it does.

Viewing 50 posts - 17,401 through 17,450 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.