Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,889 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 16 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,851 through 16,900 (of 35,375 total)

• Well guys, I bottled it this morning pre-surf and had breakfast but after reading all of your posts of encouragement about exercise on fast days I feel excited and positive about fasting tomorrow, even if we are still on our holidays!

Also…what are people’s opinions on drinking? I’ve had two quite big nights out on feed days. If you still maintain clean fasts, should this not matter, theoretically? I’m sure i’d get better results if I weren’t drinking though so i’m going to try and cut down for the next six weeks before my brother’s wedding!

I’m actually quite fit and active, I do lots of exercise. However I always carry just a bit of extra weight which makes me convinced that being over weight is 90% diet. I eat well but I eat a LOT, always hungry!! and so I’m hoping doing this will allow me to sort my portions out xx

HI all – just enjoying my Bovril…lovely salty hit which I’ll follow with a caffeine hit…and then I’ll hit the loo!

Nice and mild here, although a bit cloudy, but out in light weight clothes so happy. A busy day of bits and pieces and a short meeting this evening so hopefully that will keep me out of mischief.

Kay – feel for you and your hip. They’re a funny old joint, but osteos can be brilliant, so hope for a good result.

Lulu – envy you the quick break in Cornwall (don’t envy you the surfing!) – enjoy yourselves.

Just had a text from the mother of one of the boy’s school friends saying he’s coming to play (they call it a play date now!) on Saturday. The boy will be chuffed to bits as his friend knows far more Pokémon than he or we do, and he’s desperate to learn how to battle properly…!!!

Mx

Afternoon All..

A let down on the NW….went at wrong time and they were well gone…as we have been to three different groups and different times…age!!

We called at an Outlet, I got one strappy top and Steve 4 tee shirts, the wicky/super dry stuff, in the sale for £7 each so a good buy…

Lynne..
    Work will take it out of you, gently going back into it..it’s work in a different way to caring….hope you get a food plan in place and Bec will join you in a healthy way…

Dave..
    Hope the lessons you gave Denise will help her to contact you…🤞

Lulu..
    Enjoy your holiday then draw the line…that’s how this way of eating works..maybe cut back a bit on the drinking but have some..a fair few calories in the glass…

Minols..
    Glad all is going well..we are ok too…a cup of coffee then in the garden for a couple of hours until I get hbored then see if there’s any outside jobs to do…lol

Jean x

The lady in the post office called me skinny! :O

In reality I’m not, it’s just easy to hide my belly under a t-shirt, but still nice to hear.

Drinking is what some people on a different website call liquid bred,a definite no no,I would say almost impossible to loose weight when drinking, it’s where most of my weight came from.Denise got through eventually forgot to tell her about signal strength,a text would have got through possibly but that’s another lesson.

Poor Denise, Dave! Glad you managed to get hold of each other in the end.

Pseu – excellent! Take what you’re given!

Jean – sorry about the walking. Nice day for it, too. Oh well, if you get gardening done that’s as good a work out for the body, and in my book you get extra righteousness points (hate gardening!)

Half an hour of finishing off and then on the bike and up the hill to the school gate.

Everyone surviving alright?

Mx

Minols…
    You are stretching it with gardening..lol..just thinking…….laid in chair at moment too hot for work…

We are OK here…enjoy your cycle to school…phew up hill…

Jean x

Lulu- have you worked out your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE)? You can do that on here on the fast diet tracker, top right, if you haven’t already. Personally I’d stick to between that & the BMR to lose weight, but include any drinking calories in the daily amount. Enjoy the surfing!
    Dave- glad Denise got in touch with you, hope she’s not too sore, & hope that the rest of your FD goes okay. How’s Heidi in the heat, she must feel it with a fairly thick coat?
    Pseudo- skinny minny, bet that made your day! Took your mind off the hair dye! What colour have you gone for?
    Lynne- take it easy tonight & the weekend, glad that you’ve had a gradual ease back in. Hope your meal planning goes well!
    Minols- hope the hill isn’t too steep, & that your son enjoys his ‘playdate’- I really hate that term, a yummy mummy’s expression! I had one snooty friend who still called it that even when we got the kids together in their teens! Enjoy the extra peace & quiet… well done on the biscuits earlier!
    Jean- shame you missed the walk! As bad as my parents- Dad thought he had a meeting last night, so they were going back to their caravan today, only he got the wrong day, it’s tonight so they can’t go until tomorrow!
    Stayed in to have someone come & fit son’s black box, glad he’s having one! Then had a quick bike ride, it was slow going, I feel unfit again, then out shopping- got some potatoes & lettuce seeds, so will plant/ sow them soon. Really hot here!

HH… I’m really suffering on my bike, too. First week it’s been out of the shed since last year. Then I could cycle up the biggish hill into town (just!) Now I barely make it through the park to join the Hill part way up… And then I walked the rest of the way. Still, gives me something to aim for!

Stick with it and we’ll be fine.

Mx

I lasted until 6pm so did ok,now is the struggle,hockey tonight so 3am bedtime at the earliest.only had 400 calories so still got some left.

Hello all

It’s been a nice day here dry at least and no sign of rain that’s always a bonus for April.

I’ve eaten my last meal until Saturday morning hopefully tomorrow will be a good FD. Watching season two of Daredevil on Netflix at the moment.

Good luck to anyone joining me tomorrow

Typhoo- I’m fasting tomorrow! Good luck to you too…

Hello
    Thank you everyone for remembering me in your posts. I always read the daily chat even though don’t get much chance to post during the week.

Having travel woes. Travelling back from Edinburgh yesterday via bus and two trains and it wasn’t until I got on the trainthat I’d realised I’d left my case on the bus. Dilemma – do I get off and get train and bus back to try and track it down (missing connection home) or carry on home and worry about it next day. I decided to back track and then through a series of phone calls to conference centre, security, bus depot they managed to find it and hand it back in to at work. £61 for replacement tickets but at least I got it back. As frustrating as it was the people that helped really went out of their way. One of the bus drivers wasn’t heading back to the office so could only take me half way, but he flagged another bus down to take me the rest of the way. Managed to pick up 2 boxes of Heros for the security guards and bus drivers for helping me when I was such a numpty.

Today heading in the opposite direction to London, early start on 5:39 train, delayed over 2 hours after train involved in a fatality. Further delays on the homeward journey too. I’ve spent 11 of the past 24 hours on a train.

Can’t stop thinking about the sad person that got up this morning on such a beautiful day and decided there was no other solution and the families this evening having t cope with that news.

Puts this into perspective. Train crew were marvellous too. Must be so distressing for them as well as the emergency services.

Not managed any fasts this week. But healthy food in my fridge keeping me going

CW

Does anyone have problems with posts disappearing when you press submit

Are you using pc or mobile for disappearing posts?

Mobile

Every time I press submit it just goes back to the very first page of the thread.

I can post new posts but trying to cut and paste a big long message that I typed earlier.

Wonder if it doesn’t like cut and paste

Well…..FD was a big fail!! It got replaced by a ‘make the most of the reason we moved down here for.’
    We did do a 5 mile walk, with great views of the sea but it was the half way stop that did it…oops!
    Another week lost unless I fast tomorrow…sigh..

Not had much sun today but hopefully we will get some tomorrow and then thunderstorms forecasted for Saturday.

CW, I used to occasionally have issues with losing posts but not noticed anything recently. If I’ve written a long post I do copy the text just in case I lose it but I havent had to paste it back in for a while.

x

Cakey- I’ve had it a couple of times, once apparently the system decided I was a spammer & locked me out, lol! I had to email the technical people & they sorted it out!
    Kay- well, at least you can switch days about on this WOL, do you think you’ll be able to have a FD today?
    Hubby has already tried to sabotage my FD & Keto, suggesting we have chips at the beach today! I’m getting pretty close to my goal weight, if I ease up now, I’ll never get there…
    Hope all of you get to see some of this lovely weather!

Morning All..
    A sunny day before the weather changes…

Hairdressers for cut and blow…she cut it shorter last time only will be a snip off…lol…hospital for yearly ultrasound for Steve pm…

Weigh in..me still maintaining the same, need another couple of pounds off to get into my proper maintaining weight zone, then some more….I feel I am hitting Steve’s plateau…….Steve on a drum roll this morning with 2 lbs off, after last year of maintaining his body has decided to play again, 8lbs of since Xmas.

Daughter a bit upset, going to collect her new car last night, it only had one key, no manual and no locking wheel nut..also a hole ( like what’s been done with a DIY drill) in the door arch, and all very dusty…Woman sales person with very bad attitude…all the excitement gone altogether, she is cancelling having it and getting her deposit back..less than a year old..

Kay..
    You are in such a lovely holiday area I can understand how it’s hard to keep on track..the pub gets in the way a lot…draw a line and organise another FD..enjoy today ..if the storms are coming…

Cakey Wakey..
    I have only lost about 4 posts..I got on the tech dept..they are lovely…something to do with a tight spam they have..worth a write if it happens again or write and ask the question why..

Hedgehog..
    Hubby is naughty…Steve said the chips made his weight move, didn’t work for me…lol..how far off goal are you?…realistic for me 5 lbs to go 😬..I will get there maintaining is better than gaining..

A eating day but careful….Birthday girl tomorrow and a meal out with family nice but 😬..sometimes I would rather not. I have better control with Steve on our own…. In the caravan 3 nights from Monday visiting Derbyshire. Fasting twice next week Monday and Thursday.

Enjoy the sun..

Jean x

Morning everyone.

Strange weather here at the moment, heavy mist, though I think it’s supposed to lift for a lovely sunny afternoon, fingers crossed. Went out last night, food was nice enough but I was really bored, think I would have rather of stayed home and saved the calories!

Morning all.

My admin support switched days this week which means I had to push to get everything ready for her yesterday morning…so I’m ahead and have a lovely day to do other things. I think I’ll try and prepare for two weeks time, when I have a conference and it would be nice to go away with some of the Sunday prep already in the bag.

Jean – so disappointing for your daughter about the car – but absolutely right to walk away. Sounds like s bit of a shocker in the making, that car!

HH – well done on getting close to target. Did you resist the chips?

Going to try to keep reasonably restrained for these two days, then fast Sunday/Monday. I’m going to start logging weight on a monthly basis, I think, as the fluctuations throughout are so depressing! That gives me 10 more days to be really focussed before I let myself really ‘know’ how I’m doing (of course, we all know I’ll be jumping on and off the scales, but the month aint over till the fat lady sings!)

Typhoo and HH – good luck today. Anyone else joining them?

Mx

I think I missed a few posts??😡

Pseu..
    The lovely skinny you…a boost…😀

Hedgehog..
    A black box is always a good idea..I think Grandson is breaking away as he has to travel around and it’s too restrictive for him…
    Hope your parents get away…we do forget things ..age..

Potatoes and lettuce..must have a go at lettuce, not very good last year…

Dave and Tyhpoo..
    Hope all the sport won and it was good…

Must dash off to hair cut…

Have a good fast day anyone fasting..

Jean x

Went to bed at 3am my team lost and I think will not qualify for the next round, they are losing 3-1 with three games to go.Denise has got a bad back struggling to do her exercises,so not good.I crumbled at 2am and had a bowl of cereal so not confident of losing this week, will have to wait and see.

Jean- hope you’re pleased with the haircut! Hope Steve’s ultrasound is okay too.Well done to Steve with his loss, shame for you especially with doing 3 FDs… I’m about 4-5lbs off my target, weight fluctuating a bit, I know I shouldn’t weigh so often!! Maybe another pound or 2 lower for that ‘wiggle room’, I don’t know! It’s slow going now…
    Your daughter’s car sounds ridiculous, glad she got her deposit back!
    Is it your birthday tomorrow?
    Minols- I know weighing often is not good, can’t help it though, it’s terrible how it can make or break my mood for the day! Measuring as well is good though as the inches sometime move when the scales don’t… Hope you get some good work done in advance!
    Dave- comfort eating after the game?! Hopefully it won’t affect your weigh-in. Poor Denise, I hope she can get back to her exercises soon…
    Pseudo- hope the weather brightens for you & have a good weekend!
    Kay- did you manage a FD today, or did the lovely weather & ‘apple juice’ call you?
    Cakey- hope you’ve had a better week, you’ve been quiet, were you travelling for work?
    Typhoo- how’s your FD going?
    We both resisted the chips, ice creams, cakes etc. but had a lovely mooch about & a lay on the beach at Aldeburgh. Also looked round a caravan site, it’s lovely & only a minute from the beach, plus there was a nice second hand caravan for sale, trouble is the site fees are pretty expensive! Tempting, but if we’re sensible we’ll put it off for a year or 2…
    I got some lettuce seeds sowed & runner beans as well, will do the potatoes tomorrow. Think I’ve been out in the sun too long, headache now… & very hungry! Eating tonight, 2 liquid fasts was enough this week!

Afternoon All..

Dare I say it too hot here….we are going to eat out tonight so didn’t want sweaty hair…lol..I have got a local hairdresser she is one of the best I have ever had, two mins walk away in the village..£26 which I don’t think is bad for cut and blow..my last one crept up to £45 that was too much, glad I found this one…

Our new way of being ‘Tidy’, I have a new dress on must be 15 years on wearing a dress..feels nice…except for possibly a couple of weddings..I had a belt on but American daughter said too formal better without..so it’s off now…

Hedgehog..
    Yes my birthday tomorrow if you all listen closely, I get a 21 gun salute in Hyde Park…I share it with the Queen…out with family again tomorrow evening..

Your weights about like me, 4-5 lbs more off and a couple for wriggle room…my body is stuck but I am fine Steve was a full year before he started moving again..mine goes back to September up and down a pound but maintaining 😀I am OK..

Well done on resisting at Aldburgh..think we were there last year…lovely little place…..is there a beautiful old Tudor building on the front…tempting on the caravan..uummm..I love Norfolk and Cromer crabs..🦀..you won’t eat them..😀

Steve’s ultra sound is fine the small bulge in his Aorta has been the same size for 4 years..so good.

Dave..
    Hope Denise soon feels better and she can excerise again..

Sat having a coffee going out about 6..

Have a lovely evening…

Jean x

Denise has gone to bed my son is in bed too,he gets up for work at 4-15 am mon-fri so it will do him good.Speedway tonight the young ones are riding,at least it wont be rained off.Chicken for tea.You will be cool now your hair is shorter Jean.

Dave..
    Lots of sport it will keep you busy while everyone’s in bed….only a bit off my hair….

Another lovely hot day…

Jean x

Morning all.

Happy birthday, Jean! Any cake planned? 😉 I hope you have a lovely day.

I used to love crabbing in Norfolk when I was a kid, not to eat them mind you, just to race them back to the harbour wall. 😀

I planted some potatoes last night, I’m wary about planting anything else in case the weather turns. Tricky to know what to do. Definitely want courgettes, cucumbers and bell peppers. I just don’t know when is the best time thanks to the snow pushing everything back a bit.

I’m ate badly yesterday, but I’m off to try a new walking group today, so that should keep me out and away from mischief. I had to cancel my planned walk because one of the guys asked me to go for coffee and now it feels awkward, so I’m avoiding them for a while. I find it so hard turning people down without offending them. I’m sure there is some knack to it but I’m awful at it. I did turn him down rather than leave him hanging, but I used the excuse of being too busy. The whole thing makes me cringe.

Morning all!
    Happy Birthday, Jean 🙂 Hope you have a lovely day, & that last night was good! I’ll be listening out for the gun salute!!
    Pseudo- hope that you have a lovely walk today! I used to go on walking groups when I was single with the hope of meeting someone, but all the men were ancient, & you’ve got the opposite problem, awkward… Being nosy, what’s your vice when you eat badly?
    Dave- hope the speedway was good, & hope that Denise is back on form today!
    Hope that everyone else has a good day, enjoy the last day of sunshine 🙁 (& Jean, it can never be too hot for me, so nice to be warm for a change!)
    Off to a car boot, the season’s started, hopefully will get some cheaper plants…

Morning All – happy birthday, Jean!

Having a nice lazy start to the day, but it will probably be a pretty domestic one. The study really must be tackled – and the kitchen!

Pseu – sorry about the ‘awkwardness’ – doesn’t seem to be any way round it for him or you. Just keep walking somehow!

Saturday – any brave faster or do we all pretty much take this one off?

Mx

Morning All..

Thank you for all my birthday wishes….69 today ouch..we must be the oldest in the group..I still feel 50 😂

We had a lovely meal last night just the two of us it seemed a shame to waste a lovely night…we are joining the family for another meal tonight as it’s 17 year grandsons birthday tomorrow, he missed my birthday by 5 mins…he wanted his own…

Lots of cards this morning, daughter popping by over lunch..might get outside and wash the car this morning..

Pseu..
    Enjoy your walk today, I would go back to the other group too…the person probably took a lot of courage to ask you for a coffee ( as Steve said on a mans point)…before you go I would think of something to cover it…you could always wear an engagement ring, just when walking on a group..it takes the pressure off, just a cheapie..my work colleague wore a engagement ring too fed up of getting asked out, quite happy on her own.

You like walking it’s a shame not to go ..I shall join our NW groups if Steve gets busy on garage stuff..

Hedgehog..
    Steve said cheeky monkey he’s not ancient..😂..umm debate there…

Cakes and chocolate for us..but you know this…much better than we used to be…my birthday treat, coconut macaroons only 9 made! , chocolate muesli buns not many but they last a couple of weeks, a few left of my date sweets..my daughter will mine sweep when she comes…lol

I could manage the sun lots before not so bothered now but I like a bit of a golden colour…I get that at the caravan…I get bored sat too long I start looking for outside jobs…

Good luck at the car boot 🤞..🌱🌱🌱🍃🌷

Minols..
    Good luck in the study and kitchen.. hope all looks tidy in the end…

Have a lovely weekend..

Jean x

Happiest of Birthdays to you lovely Jean xx

I’m going to write short posts and then submit as its a bit frustrating when you lose a long post.

Had a bad travel week including leaving a suitcase in a bus in Edin and not realising until I was on the train back down south, followed by 4 am start and major train delays to London the next day. All in all spent 14 hours on trains in 2 days. Including 7 different trains and 5 buses.

Sadly the train delays were due to a fatality that my train was involved in. I feel so sad to think that on a lovely sunny morning someone got up and thought it they couldn’t go on. So so sad

CW

Food wise I’ve tried to stay quite healthy and plan for the travels but some times I didn’t quite manage it. Not managed to fast either so up a couple of pounds again and feeling it too.

Not so much travelling this next week thank goodness. Enjoying the fine weather though and getting out with the furry one. We were out at 7 this morning for a few miles and felt like we were the only person up. Then much to his disgust came home and bathed him. Well when I say bath it involved several watering cans on the patio.

CW

Feeling quite inspired by those of you sharing you’re just a few pounds away from your goal. There is hope

CW, we are seeing your posts. We got the one about your travel ordeals…glad you got your case back and there are helpful people out there. Sad that that person felt there was no other option…

Jean, happy birthday, enjoy your day. There is no way you are that age???? You look younger 😉

HH, I’m with you, the warmer the better!

I’ve put sun lotion on and settled down to have a read and it’s clouded over…hmmmph 🙁

Not managed a fast yet but going to not snack today 😀

Have a good day all x

Kay…
    Thank you for the compliment …it as good as you look slimmer 😂…feel it sometimes though…lol

Just cleaned the car it’s quite lovely not too hot…the sun hits the back garden about 1 pm for us… have a good read hope the cloud clears….may get out later myself, daughters running late she will have a snack and go…see her tonight.

Cakey Wakey…
    A few get quite close to goal then the elastic let’s go again..Birthday, holidays, pub etc….We are having two days off and eating/drinking but fasting Sunday and Monday to pull it back and Thursday….birthdays are impossible around people….

So sad about that person…life is so sad with things going wrong for some people..glad you are around home next week with less travelling with the furry one..

Jean x

Happy birthday Jean,hope you have a great day.I gained a quarter of a pound so i will do better next week,if i could lose 4lbs i would reach my first target.Denise seems a bit better today so will try and get her out for a quick walk.

Dave,dont get Denise mixed up with Heidi again and offer her a little plastic bag 😀

Just took Heidi out for her third walk, so Denise’s turn now. Could be a 4am bedtime in the morning,see how I feel, I fear the worst for my team though. Speedway was good last night.

Evening all

Jean, happy birthday. Hope you’ve had a lovely day and have a great time this evening.

CW, your weeks sounds very stressful. So sad about the fatality, it must be terrible to feel there are no alternatives.

Hedgehogs, well done on avoiding the chips. You must have more free time now you;re not ferrying the youngest around.

Dave, hope you enjoy the hockey tonight. You’ll have to get Denise trained up on texting.

Minols, the hill sounds a killer, but a good measure of your fitness over the coming months, a goal to aim for.

Typh00, hope your FD was good.

Pseudo, you’ll have to prepare a line ready to deter unwanted suitors, but I’d go back to the group, I know you’ve been looking for a walking group for a while so it’d be a shame to miss out.

Kay, it would be rude not to take advantage of your stunning surroundings. Fasting can always be done another day.

Lulu, enjoy your few days away.

Only fasted once last week, and still about 5lb up from my lightest on Easter Sunday but down from last week. Going back to work has been more tiring than I anticipated and sleep was off for a few days which led to bad food choices.

Going to take it easy for the next few weeks until I’m back in the swing. Working the same 3 days next week, 4 hours each day, then adding another day in the following week. Occupational Health have been fabulous and told me that work is lowest priority at present, me and the girls have to come first. Manager has also been good, I’m an additional resource at present, so no pressure and time to re-train.

Off now to make fajitas and maybe a Magnum (Jean don’t tell Steve).

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Lynne x

HH – No, most of the walking groups members are ancient, I’ve been looking for a young ramblers group but there don’t seem to be any around here. The coffee bloke was from a group that is mainly socialising, with the odd short walk. The walks tend to be a bit tame anyway, I should branch out.
    I don’t have a particular vice when I’m eating badly, it’s more that I just eat everything in sight.

Jean – You’re good cleaning the car, I never have the energy. I know it took a lot of guts for him to ask me, which I why I wanted to turn him down as kindly as possible, but it’s tricky. I have been debating wearing a ring, I can always take it off if I did happen to meet someone I actually liked, doesn’t seem much chance of that though.

CW – I bet you’re glad that mad week is over! That much traveling sounds like a nightmare to me.

I just came back from a bit over 10 miles walk – three peaks, so most of it up and down hills. It was with a different group, they were friendly enough but I would prefer to go out with people my own age. Still, lovely day for it weather wise, pretty hot, and some lovely views.

Hello

Just got back in after having dinner with friends. All the main courses looked huge so I’m very pleased with myself and just had a starter was filling and tasty. Everyone else also had pud, all with custard eg sticky toffee. I didn’t have one and really didn’t miss it. But afterwards when everyone was groaning how full they were I was feeling very virtuous.

Pseudo, it’s a shame we don’t live closer. Ive walked10 miles today too, mainly with the dog, we went out very early before it got too warm and then late afternoon.

Jean I hope you’ve had the most lovely birthday.

Glad your settling back in to work Lynne. But also that you have caring employer it seems too.

I’m an early night person Dave so could never stay up so late. Hope you manage to catch you sleep up. 1/2 ho isn’t so bad, that could just be one cup of tea! I actually weighed a cup of tea once just to check.

Did you finally get to enjoy the sunshine Kay? Relaxing in the sun with a book sounds like heaven.

How did the carboot go Hh – were you buying or selling? Or both?

Hello Minols, I’m def not a Saturday faster. It’s the one day I’ve never done. Did you get your study tackled?

CWx

1am the game will be starting soon 😁

I was right 4am,and my team won a very exciting game 4-3.Speak to you all later.

Morning all!
    Jean- hope that you had a lovely birthday & a good time with family! Are you extending your birthday, or are you fasting today? Sorry I upset Steve with my ancient comment!! When are you off to Derbyshire, can’t find your post when you mentioned it, too much to read through!
    Dave- glad that your team won! Hope that you got Denise out yesterday & hope she’s feeling better… Not far off your first target now, that’s great!
    Kay- hope you got some sun in the end! (& no snacking…)
    Cakey- Sounds like you had a terrible week again! So sad about the suicide- I know people aren’t obviously thinking straight when they make that decision, , but I really feel for the poor train drivers, & emergency service workers who have to deal with it… hubby’s been to a few. Glad that you’re having a more chilled weekend & some lovely walks! Well done being virtuous with your meal out!
    Minols- hope you had a good day yesterday, are you fasting today?
    Pseudo- 10 mile walk sounds great, glad you were able to go out with another group. Wearing a ring sounds a good idea, but what’s the betting you’d meet someone nice when you have it on?!
    Car boot sale was heaving yesterday, it gets busier every year & getting parked wasn’t fun, & we got there at 8.30!- just looking, hubby will do one at some point in the summer. Got loads of plants though, so the afternoon was spent planting up some tubs- we’ve bought a really nice pot, put Josie’s ashes in it & found an unusual hydrangea for it- hope the ashes don’t kill it off?! Got my mini trampoline out yesterday as I felt quite energetic, did my short rebound workout. Have to avoid the sun now if we get any more- I get prickly heat rash every year, but this year it’s bad on my face, neck & chest, so I look awful! Never had it on my face before 🙁 🙁
    Have a good day all!

Morning All..
    We still have sun at the moment..

I had a lovely day yesterday did more than usual, we started with out Friday meal out just the two of us, a lovely night. Daughter came for a couple of hours yesterday for lunch. Then last night 7 for the meal and all back to daughters for coffee and cake. All the meals were lovely and too much eaten, a couple glasses of wine for me.

I am throwing another FD in today to pull back, no breakfast so far…we are off to Derbyshire tomorrow, Steve knows it better than me…just for three nights…FD’s Monday and Thursday…our travelling days which make it easier…

Dave..
    I don’t know how you stay up all night it’s so late..do you catch-up sleep in the day?? You always have loads on in the day..glad the team won and it was worth it…hope Denise’s back is feeling better..

Lynne..
    Glad work is being sympathetic to your return..lots of employers are not so good…I can understand how tired you get, it’s getting back in the swing again…

Pseu..
    Hope the group walk went well, with no one bothering you…10 miles is a nice number..

I was just thinking we have a friend who is 65 who would like to meet people, we are sending him off to a walking group..I suppose we must sound ancient really…a good young rambler group would be better for you..when I was 18 we had a walking group at the company where I worked, which got me into walking, a good mixed group..my father wasn’t impressed as I was one of only two girls with the men, doing the long walks (40 miles) across the Yorkshire moors through the night..the last thing we thought of was sex 😂..shattered comes into mind..

Cakey Wakey..
    Very impressed with your eating out..better than me…only birthday once a year thank goodness..still our restaurant didn’t give large portions which suited me very nice and filling..

Hedgehog..
    All your lovely plants bought and planted a good day done…lovely idea for a pot for Josie, hope her plant grows lovely…….we have Symba buried in the garden with a pussy sat on the top..we talk to her maybe not so much now. It used to upset me when it rained, she didn’t like rain…

Steve was laughing at your comment..cheeky was his words..we are young in our head…😂

Trampoline sounds a bit too energetic….

Would be nice to get out for a NW today, but got things to sort out and a bit of fresh food to buy later..

Looks like rain here now heavy black clouds coming…..maybe no walking..☹️

Have a good Sunday everyone..

Jean x

Sunny here again today, keeping in for a bit so my face can calm down, took piriton but hasn’t made any difference :(.
    Baking another Victoria sponge for some-one at son’s work- she asked if I could do her a sponge & she’ll make us a malteser cheesecake! Seemed like a fair trade to me! Not sure when we’ll have the cheesecake as son’s going away to see his girlfriend tomorrow. Also made some keto lemon & poppy seed muffins for me, there were yum, & freeze well apparently, & trying a new keto recipe for seed cracker to have with some brie tonight.
    Jean- nice to have another trip to look forward to after the birthday excitement!
    Lynne- I think I left you off the list earlier- very sorry! Hope your weekend’s been good, & you feel re-charged & ready for work next week…

Never have catch-up sleep in the day, another good sport day watching Manchester City Women on BBC red button then Arsenal v West Ham ,fa cup semi then City v Denise told me about City Women on BBC,she watches more football than I do.

Afternoon All…
    Raining off and on ..so no walking..🙁

Taken a few bits to the caravan and done the fresh food shopping..ironing done…ready to pack.

I am doing well no food as yet..on my third hot drink…making my monthly muesli so I am half way through weighing it out…ready to go in oven after my cuppa..

Hedgehog..
    That seems a good deal..I have seen the Maltesa cheesecake recipe but not saved it..it’s a tricky one maybe too nice..lol……you can tell me if it’s worth the calories….you are trying some different recipes..are all the keto recipes nice, seed crackers umm..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 16,851 through 16,900 (of 35,375 total)

You must be logged in to reply.