Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,890 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,801 through 16,850 (of 35,376 total)

• Ooo, yum! Thanks Hedgehogs. 🙂

Hedgehog….
    For the calorie conscious I think 😂

X

Hi all

So Day 1 and it was ok! Well I had breakfast – porridge and blueberries and then held out until 4 for a tangerine. Now at this point I was starting to feel like I wanted food so badly! I drunk water, kept busy and had my salmon and asparagus at 6 with the kids. That was a challenge. I helped myself to one chunk of the left over fish (naughty me!), picking at food/leftovers has always been my downfall. BUT I stopped it there. Now in bed with my cup of redbush which would normally by accompanied by a bit of dark chocolate!!

What is the general opinion about breakfast. I have always thought that breakfast was king and you should eat it. But I have tried before to hold out until later and realise that I am not actually necessarily hungry at say 7.30am and have I guess just eaten it as a matter of routine and habit rather than listening to my body. So I think ill try this week eating breakfast and next week Ill try holding out until say 11, have a light snack and then main meal around 6 with the kids.

Any suggestions and tips welcomed

thanks

Cat x

Hi Cat..
    Glad your first day has gone well…I think your idea for having a late breakfast and main meal is a good way to go…Steve my hubby goes on at me too much if I miss breakfast but there’s lots of thought not to eat till later on the Internet..

When is your next FD this week..

Have a good snuggle we are off to bed soon…

Jean x

Hi Cat, well done on completing your first day! 😀
    If I eat breakfast I’m doomed. It immediately wakes up my appetite and I find not eating afterwards requires much more willpower than just skipping breakfast altogether. I don’t generally eat much in the day anyway, so skipping it is easy for me. If I’m feeling peckish mid afternoon I’ll have a cup-soup, but it’s common for me, even on a normal day, not to eat until the evening. I think it’s sussing out what you’re okay with and what you can leave. If you need to eat breakfast but would be fine leaving it until later I would definitely recommend doing that.

Jean, the last time I went to the dentist they did the same thing to me, told me I didn’t need an injection… which was fine until he drilled into the root of my tooth. Lots of angry shouting around the hand in my mouth! Glad that didn’t happen to you. 🙂

Monday done, didn’t eat anything today, just haven’t needed to. I went running but didn’t have the oomph of the last time I went, I think on my running days I might start sacrificing some calories to have a banana an hour or so before to give me the extra energy. I usually have an energy drink before I run, but I forgot to buy them, so that likely didn’t help either. Still, I did the full 55min, just walked a bit more than I would have liked. Some days my asthma plays up too, which really doesn’t help – I had to stop midway and desperately claw my inhaler out of my wrist band.

Hope everyone else on an FD has stayed strong and not found the day too difficult. See you tomorrow!

On my fast day i eat nothing until 6pm then hang on the rest of the day.Going to be a 3am morning today.

Morning all!
    Cat- I agree with Pseudo- eating makes me more hungry so I just have one meal on FDs, but we’re all different. There’s info about how often to eat in the FAQs, & there have been discussions on it, if you have time to search… Whatever works for you & helps you stick to the FDs!
    Pseudo- I’m impressed that you do running on a FD! I’ve been reading up about salt- apparently the advice to restrict salt is not scientifically proven & we don’t eat enough, especially when doing exercise. I’ve seen a lot of recommendations to put a little salt on your tongue & let it dissolve, might be worth you trying that on your FDs.
    Lynne- have a good day at work today!
    Jean- a lot of people do IF, so only eat in an 8 hour window which is supposed to be good, so you could have breakfast later, & maybe only have 2 meals? That’ll worry Steve!
    Dave- hope you enjoyed the sport!
    Kay, Cakey, Minols- hope you all survived yesterday & have a good day…
    Not a good start- I’ve been awake early, pottering about, mis-read the clock & woke youngest up an hour earlier than I should’ve done! So he won’t be happy with me! Meeting a new Home-Start family today, & another cake to make (made one for son to take to work, the chap he’d wanted it for was off, it all got eaten! Think he might have to start paying for the ingredients! He’s off today, I think I’ll teach him how to do it himself!)
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning All…

Dull but hope some improvement..a few jobs outside…

FD for us….they seem to whizz round on AFDs..

Pseu..
    MM proved you burnt double the calories working out on a fasting body…..well done….how you go every day without eating till late…I suppose you get used to it…..55 mins run you are building up nicely..

Hedgehog…
    You will be flavour of the day getting everyone up early…😂..especially at their ages….I have tried eating later, no problem for me but Steve’s on my back…I leave the table set, he eats, then if he’s busy I put it all away without eating and him knowing…I eat mainly fruit/berries, it does say on line as it’s so light your body continues to fast…but who knows…

Baking again, you will have to start a business…lol…maybe a fee for some of the ingredients…..I think you are pushing the baking lesson…..hope the home start family are nice…

Cat..
    Have a play about with breakfast and see how you feel…later would be better…

Hope to keep busy as not out today…ironing calling for one…Steve faffing in garage..

Jean x

Just wanted to introduce myself! Hi, New to the 5.2 from Manchester! 👋🏻

Today is day 2, I started yesterday… didn’t eat all day bar a couple of cups of tea and then had an omelette in the evening. I think I accidentally went up to 550 Cals through miscalculation of my cups of tea and a stock cube but hey…

Yesterday morning I was 10 Stone 9 lbs
    This morning I am 10 Stone 6 lbs

I’m sure this will be “water” as they say but it has certainly encouraged me and put a spring in my step. Must have watched hours of Michael Mosley on YouTube yesterday, as well as both the fast diet and fast beach diet.

Just had a bowl of porridge for breakfast (I know they say to stick to low carb on non-fast days where possible but I’m trying not to get too strict with myself too early). Can’t wait for the next few weeks!

Xx

Lulu..
    Welcome and good luck to the different way of eating…Cat has just joined our corner so nice to have you join us too..

We have Dave from the Manchester area and my hubby Steve too, before I brought him to Yorkshire..

Jean x

Thank you for the welcome, Jean! 🙂
    Hello everyone!

Morning all – and especially to Cat for waking up after your first FD! and welcome LUlu.

Yesterday went fine, no major headaches or problems. I’m one of those, Cat, that tries not to eat until the end of the day – but I’ve not been doing great recently and so occasionally mix it up with an omelette mid afternoon – especially if the OH is working late and I just need to provide ‘child food’ at tea time.

Well done, Pseu on keeping up with the running – I’ve not been in ages it feels like – although I considered it this morning. But now the bike is back out it doesn’t seem so important to fit running in when I’m exercising just going around my job!

Better press on with some work – a mixed bag day of finishing things off and seeing people…if the rain holds off!

Have a good one everyone.

Mx

Morning all, and welcome to Lulu. 🙂

I think I’ve done my hip in, so no more running for a few days at least, very annoying. >:-(

Cycling is great exercise anyway, and if it fits in as part of your day that sounds ideal!

Thanks for the tip about salt HH, I’ll give that a go. Maybe that’s why a stock cube drink often goes down so well, because it’s super salty.

Second FD today. I know Jean’s FD too. Anyone else?

Minols..
    Hope you have a good day on the bike…still quite chilly here..wrap up, I think rain for you…

Pseu..
    You poor thing rest up and take care…it’s a shame you were on form…

Sat having a coffee…done my ironing…got ham on for tonight’s meal with salad..working through house work ..cold outside…Steve holding tight in the garage….waiting for service on the boiler he’s coming pm…

Our faulty Nordic pole has been replaced and delivered…box torn open and pole all scratched so refused delivery..so waiting on another…disappointed..

All going ok at the moment…Pseu you OK…

Jean x

Hi Lulu, & welcome! It’s much easier doing FDs with support, there’s usually some-one fasting with you!
    Pseudo- hope your hip is okay after a few days rest, so frustrating when you’re doing well.
    Lynne- hope Becs does okay with her Welsh exam!
    Minols- enjoy the cycling, hope the weather holds, & well done yesterday!
    Dave’s still asleep….!!
    New family nice- might just be going in to see the mum to give her support, 3 children with special needs & no friends to get things off her chest to… They have a lovely little dog who sneaked on to my lap so I had a cuddle!
    Son forgave me getting him up! Haven’t heard anything so presume the drive to school was okay…

A bit peckish today, I’ll wait a bit longer for a cuppa…sat reading….still got a bit more housework to do may continue tomorrow ….

Hedgehog..
    Glad your new family are nice…a lot going for her with three special needs children..it must take a lot out of you…makes you feel old when son drives to school..lol..at least he is OK…

Lynne..
    I forgot about the welsh exam…hope it goes well for her….how are you doing?

A slow post as daughter rang…cup of coffee drunk now…

Roll on dinner…

Jean x

I’m pretty hungry today too. Had a chicken noodle cup soup for lunch. Trying to figure out whats do-able for dinner.

I am up,been shopping today and my Kirsty meals were all gone so did a bit of googling and found a Morrisons that sell them all,so i am over the moon .Got to bed at 3am exactly,good night last night/this morning,we won at speedway and The Maple Leafs won too.My next door neighbour asked me if i will take him to the bank tomorrow,he said he is terrified of falling so he wants me to hold his hand,tricky parking at his bank in Longsight so will try the one in Denton,Lulu may know them,Welcome Lulu,i just have one meal as late in the day as possible.

All finished here…a funny day not going out like we usually do..a bit oeckist all day but ok..

Fasting again Thursday…

How are you doing Pseu?

I was in bad books with Steve..decided to make some date sweets, with marzipan..all covered with chocolate sat in my utility room…left over things from Xmas I didn’t want them to go out of date…that’s my excuse..😂…in a jar now…

Have a good evening…

Jean x

Jean- you’re rotten making sweets on your FD, poor Steve! Will they get eaten tomorrow? Have you any NW planned for this week? Funny how some FDs are harder than others, nearly done now!
    Pseudo- hope that you’re surviving too!
    Dave- has your neighbour not got a disabled badge you can use for parking?
    Hope everyone else is okay?
    Beautiful weather today, makes me feel much more energetic! Went for a walk in the forest with hubby & then we washed his car. Lots of washing & ironing…Cake not needed after all, a piece was saved for the chap it was intended for, so no cake making lesson for son! Made a new recipe salad dressing- it was lovely, full fat, haven’t had salad dressings for years as I’ve always watched the calories, this keto has it’s advantages!!

Hedgehog..
    His little eyes lit up…he can’t have one or two till tomorrow as chocolate is going hard…still they are in a jar now….then it will have to be Friday..

I should go out and it keeps me out of mischief…😂

Hoping to NW on Thursday but we have parcels coming and a pickup, hope we can fit it in..

Your walk sounded lovely I like forests all the tweets and bird song..too cold here, winter clothes will be coming back out..lol..you are a busy girl …I didn’t get our car done maybe tomorrow..

Jean x

Evening everyone

Lulu, welcome, it’s nice to get a good loss on the first fast, give you motivation to carry on.

Cat, well done on surviving your first fast. I try to stick to one meal on FD and breakfast as late as possible or missed on other days.

Minols, the bike is a great way to incorporate exercise into work. I’m making do with an 8 minute brisk walk to and from work at the moment.

Hedgehogs, the cake making lesson for your son may be a success, but let me know if you ever find a way to teach the cleaning up afterwards.

Jean, Welsh exam done today, high B or A, depending on moderating so she’s pleased. Neither of the girls liked Welsh, but both seemed to do well at it, probably because they start basics from nursery.

Dave, glad you’re enjoying the hockey. We support the Habs, a family thing as this is the team Phil’s Canadian relatives follow, His cousin gave us a fridge magnet to bring home and insisted on us sending a photo proving we’d put it up.

Pseudo, hope the hip doesn’t give you too much trouble.

Typh00, CW, hope you’re alright.

Another FD planned for me tomorrow, need to get rid of the best part of half a stone I’ve put on since Easter Sunday. Think I’ll be going back to no sugar after this recent indulgence.

Anyone else fasting with me tomorrow?

Lynne x

Definitely struggling this evening. Should just keep it under 500 though.

I’ll be fasting tomorrow Lynne.

So do you speak French Lynne?Denise has got family in Toronto,Oshawa i think,I put a sports shirt on that was very tight when i bought it,fits well now,i have ordered a Salford rugby shirt which is smaller than i normally get so hope it fits,Dont go to watch Salford but like the shirt,yellow with a big Bee on it.

Wasn’t going to watch tonight but still up 🙂

Lynne- I’m fasting with you today! The extra that’s gone on will be lots of water weight, it’ll soon come off when you cut out sugar again! Glad Becs exam went well! Cooking lesson wasn’t needed after all, but clearing up after anything in this house is not done! (funny that eldest does it when he’s at girlfriend’s at uni, & her room, he hates the mess there, but ignores it at home!?!). My nephew is at catering college & works p/t as a chef, he still leaves the kitchen like a bomb site at home if he cooks, but wouldn’t at work!
    Pseudo- how did you get on? If you’re struggling what about doing a nonFD today, & fasting on Thursday instead? Perhaps your body’s telling you you need a day off? It is weird how sometimes FDs are easy others are really hard…
    Dave- good news on the sports shirt fitting!
    Jean- keep busy today then, no more cooking things Steve’s not allowed to eat!
    Weather looking amazing today, will make the most of it!!

Morning All …
    A lovely few days ahead…not as good as you Hedgehog you always get good weather..I think…lol

Steve gone off early for a bike MOT so got the house to myself, a bit of luxury for a couple of hours…then off for my toes painted at 1 pm…

Lynne…
    That’s really good grades expected for Bec..she has done very well…hope you have a good FD, we are tomorrow…quick on and quick off it will soon move…

Pseu..
    Did you manage in the end…a hungry day for us too but survived in the end….as hedgehog says maybe split the days up and upset your body a bit..

Dave..
    Good news on the shirt always lovely downing a size…measured Steve yesterday his tummy has gone down a bit more 5” off since Xmas, I will be logging it at end of month…

Hedgehog…
    Look and don’t touch…lol..a couple today only, I will pick smaller ones out….I have a bit of baking stuff which I didn’t use at Xmas so will have to use up…gently of course…hope your son is going steady with the car to school..a worry but independent…

Your weather looks so good, I love Norfolk we always have lovely weather when we visit…I think we have 21 today so outside later, car wash and a faff about…

Is everyone else fine……make the most of the weather…

Jean x

Jean- son didn’t drive today- he noticed this morning that one tyre was looking quite flat… I took him in & hubby will get his tyre sorted. His phone has also packed up, so have had to order him a new one & he can pay us back, he’s spent most of his money on the car… Plus hubby has been for his test results, ECG shows something iffy, maybe arterial disease, being referred for more tests, probably within 2 weeks, he has scary family history of heart problems. His cholesterol was good, only 4, but the doctor still wanted to put him on statins! He’s refused that, we know of several people who’ve had bad side effects, it’s crazy that they automatically put people on them regardless of cholesterol!!

I need to put another hole in my belt,my jeans are falling down.I did take measurements but will not check them for 12 months,Went to bed at 2am and glad i did,the game i was watching went to double overtime,which could have finished turned 4am.Fast day tomorrow and Denise is back for physio ,got to take my neighbour to the bank later,he does have a Blue badge so i hope it helps with the parking because he cant walk far.

Hedgehog…
    It’s a worry hope they sort hubby out…Steve’s on statins due to his family history and a 75mg Asprin…he put his self on that a while ago but now with his cancer he has to keep taking it…as you say they just give tablets out without sorting the under lying problem……Good luck with the tests and hope it’s not a long wait…

Cars and phones it’s a money battle..hope he gets both sorted…..

Young Grandson has just left his job yesterday with the pub, just been messed about with shifts all the time leaving the household stressed, with taking him in the car then picking him up after a short shift, as they aren’t busy….he is a lazy monkey so he now is looking for something else, he doesn’t help his self at all…just needs carrying all the time or kicks off, more like 3 than 17 ..daughter and SIL have to blame them selves a bit…we thought he would grow out of the terrible 2’s but it continues!…god help his wife if anyone will have him…

Dave..
    Well done on the belt hole….I moved 5 holes and had to cut my leather belt back into shape..it’s a good feeling…

Jean x

Morning all.

I think I ended up slightly over 500, but I’m still counting it as an FD. I’m off out for food tomorrow night and no good at fasting on a Friday night, so determined to get today in the bag too. One or two walks planned for the weekend, so that should keep me away from the fridge, my eating is definitely down to boredom more often that not.

It’s been grey and cloudy so far, but now the sun is starting to peek through, I think we’re forecast to have a sunny afternoon. If it gets really warm I might do a half day and get some gardening out of the way. The rest of the week is forecast as cloudy with occasional sunny spells, which is annoying – I want the sun!

HH, that sounds a bit scary. I don’t know much about statins, but putting people on them automatically when their cholesterol is fine sounds very iffy.

Pseu..
    Good luck fasting today…hoping you can get a walk in too….get your jobs done in the garden burning a few more calories…….sun coming out here now..

Must get moving sat tapping on here…upstairs cleaning is waiting for me….lol

Jean x

I keep looking for buttercups,always a good sign when they come out,clover and bluebell’s too, nothing planned for today so a couple more walks with Heidi.Lamb steak for my evening meal so looking forward to that. Got four different Kirsty meals to choose from for my fast day tomorrow.

Took my neighbor to the bank,it was like taking Heidi for a walk,he was on oxygen so I carried his tank,I then had to drop him off back home and go and pay his gas and electricity bills,also his road tax which I paid online pay point for his utility bills.

Hi all… Late I. Today but a busy meeting with colleagues started early and finished at lunchtime. Then… Miracle of miracles…i sorted out my office! Need to have first aider on standby for when the lady who cleans comes in in the morning! I’m not one of those that works to a ‘clear desk’ at the end of the day and I think she was beginning to despair of ever seeing the wood of my desk again!

Of course, as I’ve tidied the house over the school holidays loads of things have been dumped in my study… So there’s still a desk and sewing table to be excavated in there!

HH – hope things settle down for you OH’s health.

FD for me tomorrow… Tonight I’m attempting the fish pie from the book to get me ready! The boy is complaining at all this ‘new’ food – poor thing.

Mx

Dave…
    Just love lamb steak we will both be round…lol..lovely day today very summer like..sat outside reading..

Minols..
    A good sort out..well done..we will be joining you tomorrow…chasing parcels, one to collect and one to come, nothing as yet…no vans !..looks like walking may be off tomorrow..☹️

What are you doing to your poor boy, give him something he likes…😂

Toes done ready for sandals to come out…look nice..

Jean x

Dave- sounds like you’ve done lots for your neighbour, good job he’s got you on hand to help! Bluebells are late this year with the cold weather we’ve had; there’s some amazing ones in the woods near us, they’re nothing like ready to come out yet… Enjoy your lamb!
    Minols- wow, lots of clearing out, & new meals, the family will wonder what’s come over you! Poor son, having to try lots of new things!
    Pseudo- hope you got your afternoon off to do the garden! Are you as hungry today?
    Jean- hope the cleaning got done okay! (& no more dates with marzipan!!)
    Lynne- hope your co-workers didn’t tempt you into eating lunch?
    Kay, Cakey, Typhoo- all been quiet, hope you’re all okay?
    Have been for a nice walk round the fields near us today with hubby, as he says he’s got to carry on as normal… Then had a quick sit in the sun in the garden, lovely. Spent the afternoon sorting out clothes for summer, cleared out quite a few for the charity shop (one pair of cropped trousers I’d bought for our holiday last year- they’re huge on me, scary how big I was a year ago…) Lots of old clothes I can get into again, so it’s like having a whole new wardrobe.
    Aiming for a liquid fast again today.

Didn’t do a half day, but spent a chunk of the afternoon sitting outside polishing molds so not too bad.
    Not hungry as of yet, though it’s usually in the evening it gets me. At the moment I just feel sick, I made an Options, and for some reason it’s made me feel really rough like it might come back up. Hope not.

HH, sounds like you’re going strong…?

Hedgehog…
    Well done on the big sort out…shame on last years trousers but lots of weight lost 😀…nice when you can get into different things again…I have loads this year nothing to buy…I forgot I altered some trousers last year..still fitting slightly big but not bad…

I had about a hour in the sun, reading, trying to make my legs presentable to go out in dresses…another day tomorrow hopefully..only three sweets eaten each till Friday….

Glad hubby is feeling positive..Steve the same…try and be healthy as possible for us…

Have a great evening

Jean x

Had lovely day here, about 21 degrees. Spent a while planting up pots and starting hanging baskets and doing bedding plants. I know its a bit early but fingers crossed we arent going to get any cold spells now 😬
    Then sat and enjoyed a bit of sunshine even though it was a bit breezy.

Cat and Lulu welcome and well done with yesterdays FDs!

Its funny because for so long we have been told that we should eat breakfast and now we are conditioned into needing it. But fasting has really blown that out of the water now. Im with a few of the others, if I have something in the morning, there is very little chance I will complete a successful fast of 400 cals (1 quarter of my TDEE). I prefer to save my cals for 1 meal in the evening and remind myself during the day that by not eating for as long as possible is giving my body the maximum amount of rest and healing.

Pseu, hope you were ok after your Options drink and your evening meal and food goes ok. At least you had chance to have some time in the fresh air this afternoon even if you were still at work.

HH, a bit worrying about your hubby, even more so that they wanted to put him on statins when there is no need. Hope he gets sorted soon. My mum had a medication check up with the pharmacist today and although BP and heart seem fine, they want to increase her dose of ramipril?? Why?
    Well done with the clear out and things being to big for you. I have to admit that Im probably back to where I was last year, so nothing to big on me and a couple of things too snug 😕 Hope the FD is going ok?

Minols, Well done with the office tidy up! It sounds like you have almost done in the house too! Hope the fish pie is nice tonight, I do like fish pie. Is that a 5:2 recipe?

Dave, its so nice that you look after your neighbour like you do, Im sure he appreciates it. Wish there were more people like you around. Enjoy your lamb steak tonight. Is it another late night? Make sure Denise uses her phone tomorrow!

Jean, did you do your upstairs cleaning before sitting outside reading? 😀
    What colour are your toenails? Think I might have to do mine tonight. Sandals on today and bare toenails!!
    Hope the grandson gets some work soon, before he enjoys doing nothing!

Lynne, sounds like Becs is doing well. Im with you on the ‘get it back off’ weight….it will happen! Hows the FD going?

My GP has referred me to the NHS osteopath and I have an appt next Tuesday. Although Im much better, I still havent got the full range of movement and I still get little electric shock type pains in my thigh, so the nerve is still pinching somewhere.

So fasting tomorrow….Minols, Jean and Steve, Dave and me….anyone else?

Have a good evening all and hope tomorrows weather is just as nice x

Will have to go to bed early tonight,midnight will do,got to drive Denise to hospital in the morning for her physio.Lamb was delicious,may try Kirstys meatballs tomorrow,not had them yet or maybe Kirstys slow cooked beef.

How Manchester’s skyline is set to change forever

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/manchester-skyline-set-transformed-even-14547680#ICID=Android_MENNewsApp_AppShare Steve won’t recognise the place 😁

Good everyone has had a brilliant day, it’s great to read everyone’s updates.

I was planning my second ever fast day tomorrow but my boyfriend and I decided to come to Cornwall last minute to take advantage of the good weather and go surfing. Worrying I might feel week surfing all day fasted. How do people find doing exercise on fast days? I’ll be here for a few days and out for dinner on Sunday with family so I will have to do a fast day whilst down here, be it today or Friday/Saturday! Any advice? Xx

I meant tomorrow*, Friday or Saturday! x

Kay- I didn’t realise there were osteopaths on the NHS, hubby has always had to pay privately for his… physios are good round here though, you can refer yourself & the wait’s only a couple of weeks. He’s finally done that as he has neck, shoulder & elbow problems. Hope that the osteopath helps you! I have pot planting envy; not got round to buying any bedding plants yet, must start my potatoes & beans off soon too!
    Dave- hop Denise’s appt. goes well- is she in less pain now?
    Lulu- doing exercise while fasting is supposed to be really good, you get more benefits! Can’t really give you any advice as I’ve never done that much exercise, need to get fitter! You’ve got to make the most of it while you have good weather, hope you have a great time! Whereabouts in Cornwall do you go?
    Jean- hope you have a good FD & get to go for your NW!
    Minols- is it another FD for you? How was the fish pie?
    Pseudo- enjoy eating today!
    Lynne- are you okay?
    Cakey- how’s the fruit going down? & how’s your lovely doggy?
    Cat- are you doing another FD?
    Mine was fine yesterday, but I’ve definitely noticed after doing a liquid fast that I’m waking even earlier the next day, although not waking really hungry, weird! A bit annoying! My weight’s been a bit over the place as well, up & down & up, but 1/2″ off waist & hips again…

Morning all.

Fish pie was good last night. Full of flavour and plenty of it. I’ll use slightly less mustard next time, though.

Up and ready for the FD today. Funny – haven’t really wanted breakfast the last couple of days, but today… Oh give me my toast and honey! It’s only because I can’t have it. At least the boy will be happy – ribs tonight for him, and I’ll finish off the leftover chilli I made from the 5:2 book the other night.

Better go and make him his lunch though or we’ll never get everyything done before school… I’ll have to restrain myself from eating the block of cheese!

Mx

BTW… Resisted the plate of custard v creams set before me at two meetings yesterday – maybe I’m growing up?!

Morning All….
    A good day and we are off Nordic walking with the group this morning…

Fasting today too..

I have 2 granddogs coming..my daughter a Dalmatian 4 weeks old in May and step daughter ( who lost her dog 5 weeks ago) a Golden Retriever 10 weeks old coming Monday…excitement in two corners..both look after their animals very well so no worries.

Kay..
    All your pots ready to go again…mine were a disaster last year..I think my cress was the best…primary school..still learning..lol

Hope the osteopath works wonders and gets your back back to normal. All your walking must help…

I finished my cleaning and my nails are ‘blood red’..I like them a touch darker but I think I have had this colour before..it goes with all your clothes so it suits me, dare I say I have had this colour or about for 25 years 😂

Dave..
    It is strange going back to places where you grew up, it seems to alter everytime you go back..an interesting skyline…

Lulu..
    Michael Mosley says you burn more or double the calories on a fasting stomach but you have to keep safe if surfing…you are early says on 5.2..enjoy the weather in Cornwall and your break…

Hedgehog..
    Glad the tape measure is on the move…no wonder your trousers are big!..lol…I always sleep bad on a FD night, I hate it….you was up early again this morning..

Minols..
    I can’t believe you knocked on custard creams…I have never heard you say that before..😂..really brave…are you OK?

Lynne..
    Have you finished the next part of decorating? A bit hot for that now..

Hope everybody I have missed are all well…enjoy the sun while it lasts…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Hedgehogs, your husband’s attitude to his health sounds great, hope everything is alright and he manages to resist the statins.

Dave, I barely speak English so no French. My father in law was from Newfoundland, so large extended family still there. We visited once, but never went back as Phil said if he did he’d never come home.

Jean, no more decorating, too tired with work. Only doing 4 hours but shattered. I was thinking this weekend, but may be one for tidying the garden.

Lulu, have a great time in Cornwall, you have to take advantage of the good weather when we get it.

Kay, hope the osteopath helps sort your problems out. Are you having physio as well?

Minols, you don’t really want to grow up do you? Well done with the biscuit avoidance.

Pseudo, hows the hip? We’re not supposed to be getting the higher temperatures the next few days but the sun will be nice to see.

Typh00, CW, hope you’re doing alright.

FD yesterday wasn’t the most successful. Managed to not eat until the evening, but I was tired and craving sugar. Going to sit down tonight and ‘do a Minols’, plan meals for the next week with Bec and agree what ‘treats’ we’ll have. Maybe just something on a Sunday. Prom is only a couple of months away so she should be happy to ‘be good’ with me.

Off to work soon, off then until next week but not confirmed my days yet.

Hope everyone has a great day and gets to enjoy the sun, even if only for a couple of hours.

Lynne x

Morning all.

Glad to see sun this morning, and looks less breezy too so it might feel warmer than yesterday, fingers crossed.

Dyed my hair last night, it a bit brighter than I expected. I think it’ll be okay once I wash it a few times and it fades but right now I’m feeling very conspicuous.

Hip still hurting. Not too bad when walking, seems to be getting better there, but it really hurts when I’m driving, it doesn’t like me changing gears at all!

Lulu, I regularly exercise on fast days. I have perhaps a bit less energy, but I don’t know that it makes that big of a difference.

Good morning everyone lovely day,took Denise to hospital,got home and took Heidi out for a walk,just waiting for a phone call from Denise if she remembers how to do it.Fast day so had 2 cups of tea,will wait as long as possible before i eat,stay strong fellow fasters.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,801 through 16,850 (of 35,376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.