Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 4 hours, 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,751 through 16,800 (of 35,392 total)

• Greetings fellow fasters

This week has been a write off. My body hasn’t wanted anything other than chocolate, lots of travelling and to be fair there is nothing in the fridge except cheese. Must get better at buying food. Hormones all over the place causing lack of sleep, nausea, joint pain, tingling???? hot flashes, few tears, anxiety and a dose of irritability. Other than that I’m grand.

On the plus side steps are averaging 15k per day.

So much to catch up on…

Hope you’re having a good few days break Jean andthat weather improving from tomorrow.

Well done little Hedgehog in passing your test and your first car, enjoy – it’s a wonderful thing to be able to drive. Also congrats on your new car too Hh -hope you’ve got lots of drive space!

How has the week at work been Lynne? First week was bound to be the toughest, but hope it felt good to be back and you work with lovely caring people.

Dave, your will power is great, not just about food but also the beer too, especially when you’re doing all the cooking. Sounds like Denise making good progress – did her phone come? Hope she gets the hang of it.

Impressed with all the talk of growing things, we are just hoping to grow a bit more grass. Maybe when the sun shines it will start to germinate…

Any update on the ice cream pseudo? We all love something new to try. I don’t often think about buying ice cream but love frozen yoghurt.

Glad back improving Kay and hello to Typhoo and Minols, hope everyone accounted for.

X

Ps

The White House is under siege, there are dozens of hostages, the fbi and CIA are fighting between themselves, the president is in a bunker and the Vice President isn’t very good and I’ve got all that to sort out tonight.

Pps what do you all like to read? Any other good book recommendations

I bought the ice cream, got chocolate, was ok at best, good for calories but not for taste, only my opinion, Denise liked it. She got her phone and I have charged it and put a few numbers in it, she can answer a call, but that’s it at the moment, texting is the next lesson for her. It’s what you would call a dumb phone,I like all the technology she dosent.

Cakey- sorry to hear that you’ve had such a rotten week- hormones are buggers aren’t they! & if only chocolate helps… Hopefully next week will be better, & as it’s been said on here, draw a line under it! I think there’s a few of us ‘of a certain age’ on here, I probably shouldn’t joke, but I can’t wait for hot flushes as I’m so cold all the time! Well done on all the walking!
    & I like the ‘little hedgehog’, apart from he’s taller than me & hubby! But he is as prickly as a hedgehog… We’re getting the drive shingled so we don’t have to keep swapping cars about, there’ll be 4 next week… my sister’s next door but one, they’re in an even worse position, sister & BIL each have a car, all 3 boys now have cars, nephew’s girlfriend came this week in her car & BIL had a rental car for a work trip, so they took up the whole close!! BIL’s been apologising to all the neighbours!
    What book were you reading, Cakey? I love psychological thrillers/ crime stories, so my favourite authors are Karen Rose, Nicci French, Lisa Jackson, Karin Slaughter to name a few…
    Dave- hope that Denise can get the hang of the phone, from a fellow technophobe! My friend is a BT product manager & she showed me how to text about 6 years ago, was horrified that I couldn’t. I am getting better, & the boys help me now!
    Lynne- have a good weekend off, are the girls with you?
    Minols- hope you’ve had a chance to plan Sunday’s service with your son being off!
    Pseudo- have a good weekend too! I’ll try to remember the recipes, was out most of yesterday…
    Jean- miss you & Steve! You’ll have lots of reading to do when you’re home!
    Kay- hope the weather’s good so you can get out a bit!
    Typhoo- you were quiet yesterday, was your FD okay?
    Sorry if I’ve missed anyone…
    My FD was fairly easy yesterday; I could’ve not eaten dinner, but had planned a meal with hubby, so would’ve had food wasted otherwise, a bit frustrating! I’ll enjoy food today though! Youngest away, eldest going straight from work to girlfriend’s so we actually have a weekend to ourselves, whoop-de-do!!

Don`t think Denise will ever get the hang of texting,she just said if she wants to tell people anything she will speak to them,she will use it to call me when she wants picking up from hospital,when her physio is all done the phone will end up in the bottom of a draw.My weigh-in today and i have lost 3.4lbs,shows what can be done without chocolate.

Hi All…👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

I am back…I feel as if I have been gadget free three days…no Wi-fi or phone signal, very iffy…lol..just like the youngsters…

A lovely hotel for two nights, eaten and drunk too many things, step daughter sat in the lounge for 4 hours, so drinking and then onto coffees, a lovely catchup..we ended up with lite bites so that wasn’t too bad but had more than we should..Thursday was so cold with freezing fog and 5 degrees most of the day, 3 clues done…Friday was a lovely day, step daughter joined us with 3 clues then she went off to work, nice to have Dad and Daughter riding out together, me tagging on at the back…lol..Saturday 2 clues we are both very tired, long drive back, we cancelled one clue due to traffic and a motorway closed we think…that’s 8 clues done…all easy accept one it was a bugger…on a hill up and down looking..ummm

I can’t catch up with everyone but it was nice to be missed…and little Hedgehog passing his driving test..Well done to him and his cousin, good idea to shingle the drive…..glad Denise is joining this century with a mobile phone you must push her to use it….we are here with two iPads and two phones, we argued over the first iPad so much we had to buy another….and I couldn’t understand why we wanted one when we had the computer..!!!..never really use the computer now…

Kay hope you are feeling better with your back..and Lynne hoping work is going well and you are settling in fine…Dave well done on your 3lbs and a bit off..no chocolate is the answer is it, looks as if we have lost this week before we start…Pseu this pre time isn’t very nice, they say it takes 10 years some people worse than others, I was in the worse lot ☹️..Minols have a good Sunday..

We are doing 3 fasts this week…starting tomorrow…

I have read everbodies post too many to catch up on…draw my line from now…

Enjoy this sun shine…it’s lovely..

Jean x

Looking like it will be a 4am bedtime in the morning, face-off is 8pm Eastern time which is 1am our time.At the moment I have 3 laptops only use one though, and a tablet,will never use Apple phones or iPads way to restrictive,I do have an iPod classic but will never have iTunes on my laptop’s, I am not saying apple are bad, far from it, just everything has to go through iTunes.with me staying up late in the morning I will have my steak after the football around 10pm.

Dave- well done losing 3lbs! Enjoy the sport on TV & the late night!!
    Jean- glad that you’ve enjoyed your break & had time catching up with stepdaughter.
    We have 2 laptops but hubby always tries to use mine as the sounds better- I don’t want to use his as all my stuff’s saved on here!
    Must go Chinese takeaway’s here!

Well done Dave, for the 3lbs and getting Denise to accept a mobile phone! Hope the late night is worth it tonight!

Jean, glad you had a nice few days away.

CW, sorry youve had a rubbish week. Draw that line and look ahead!

Hedgehogs, enjoy your chinese!

Weigh in yesterday gave me 1.4lb down so Ive made a start again.

Today has been lovely weather so we drove a few miles out to park up by the canal and then walked along into Bude, which was about 2 miles. Poor Ellie had really slowed down by the time we got there, but we did have a rest before making our way back at her pace. Poor thing. Ive started her on some other supplements so waiting to see if that gives her a boost at all.

We are going to walk up to the local for a pint (close your ears Dave) later to see if there is any live music on tomorrow but I dont think we will stay long as we are both quite tired. Must be the fresh air!
    Just watched the F1 qualifying, hmmmm, going to be very intersting with the race tomorrow.
    Due to be wet tomorrow so nothing planned.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, whatever you are doing x

Technically I have done a fast day today,I had around 500 calories in the 27 hour period, have since had steak and chips,chips done in actifry.But I won’t count it.

Another defeat for my team and the time it’s getting close to 4am, lost 7-3.

Dave- rotten when you’ve stayed up late to watch! But well done on the extra FD, you’re on a roll with those! Hope it shows up in another 3lbs weight loss next week! Hope you get a lie-in…
    Kay- poor Ellie, sounds like you’ll have to maybe start leaving her behind on your weekend walks? I’d had to do that with Josie when I went out with sis & her dog for walks a long time ago, it was too far for her.
    Jean- straight back in with a FD today- I think you’ll be on your own, but if you’ve had a bit extra while you were away you’ll probably feel ready for it!
    Minols- are you joining Jean, or will she be alone…?
    Cakey- hope your weekend’s been better than your week? (I mean physically/ emotionally rather than food!)
    Pseudo- hope you’re having a good weekend too!
    Typhoo- you’ve been quiet again, hope everything’s okay?
    My Chinese was very disappointing- I’d picked out what should’ve been low carb & was looking forward to trying something new, but one dish was in batter, so I had to pick all that off, & the crispy seaweed looked & tasted like they’d put sugar in it?! So couldn’t eat much (took it round to my sister’s as someone there would eat it!), & probably still went way over my carbs for the day, grumble, grumble, won’t have one of those again!
    Weather was nicer yesterday- we went back to the site where we’d used to have our static caravan, I think hubby would quite like to have another one now the boys are doing their own thing more; the site still looks lovely & well kept, but the beach has gone! Literally all the sand has been eroded or whatever away, replaced by shingle & mud flats. We had so much fun playing on the beach when the boys were young, (& Josie) it’s really disappointing. Definitely wouldn’t consider getting a caravan again there, can’t believe how it’s changed in 5 years.
    Horrible & foggy today…

Morning all

Just a quick one before final preps.

Fasting today and ho9pefully tomorrow, too. Spent yesterday tidying the garden, and watching – impressed – while OH put down a small beach in front of the garage he built a few months ago. Now we can swap the old cars around depending on which one he’s working on.

Cycle now out and I’m back in the saddle for the better weather.

Well done on weight losses Kay and Dave – not sure if I’ve missed others.

Will catch up again later.

Mx

Morning All..
    A slow start a bit tired and achy…getting too all for all this biking…a sunny day…

FD for us today get back on track…grass cut and few out door jobs later…

Looks like dog hunting in America, daughters arm has been twisted 4 to 1..their Dalmatian dog died about 5 years ago, he was lovely I took him for loads of walks, he used to come on my bed at 5am for his 6am walk in case I forgot him……They bought a 6 month Dalmatian 5 days ago he was depressed and not getting out of his bed, no tail wagging they have taken him back apparently all fussy to see his mum and dad again…so a deposit has been put on a male puppy, from a different breeder, 4 weeks old they can have him in middle of May. Although a Dalmatian he looks like a rat..😂..no spots yet.

I hope she realises she can’t have Jack again!

Kay..
    Glad you are on the downward flow again…Steve up early to watch F1 on his stick…

Dave..
    Shame about your team…you are a very night person…I like my 10pm bed…

Hedgehog.
    I think the caravan is so relaxing..already talking of going away again, next week a few appointments so maybe the week after, just three days…back to a twosome..you have to do something…shame about the beach how can things change so quickly maybe somewhere different to suit…

Minols..
    We are with you fasting today..me too again tomorrow, maybe, as I have to have two cosmetic fillings at the dentist at noon…I am dreading it…

Jean x

Come on, Jean, we can do this!

Staying on at the church as we’re hosting a special service this afternoon for those with learning disabilities – they all belong to their own places, but once a month they get together, too. So in a few minutes I’ll go and get some Bovril, and then start setting up. Good to keep busy! I’ll also need to pop out and get the boy and his bike as he has a cycling afternoon with the BB – all go here!

Hope you’re surviving, too!

Mx

Jean i worked the night shift for years so i am a night person,never like getting up too early,Heidi will be 12 in July but is still not to bad walking,we dont go too far these days,i took her out three times yesterday and the third walk i let her decide the route,she took me down what used to be the canal,i always let her off the lead when we go that way so she can have a run or now a quick walk.Denise is watching neighbours on the telly so time for Heidi`s first walk i think.

Minols..
    Cup of coffee time for us..feeling down today don’t know why as it’s not me….have a good afternoon with your learning disability group hope all goes well…enjoy your Bovril.

Lazy day reading…gone cold outside we both don’t feel like doing jobs…Steve under the weather too..

Dave..
    Enjoy your canal walk..always nice if they can get off their lead…waiting for feed back on this puppy it’s quite exciting..7am in in Louisiana. She will ring me soon I hope..🐶

Jean x.

Hi Jean – hope you pick up a bit…a FD can be quite long. A good book or some good telly and you’ll make it tea. What are you planning? Something on toast to warm you up rather than salad, I hope.

Mx

Hello

Well president and White House all sorted. Book was by vince Flynn, haven’t read any before but it was a bit Jason bourne ish. I like all sorts, seem to be into spy things just now, but also historical novels, classics, crime. The only thing I’m not so keen on is the contemporary disturbing novels, kindle is awash with them at the minute. I might be jumping to conclusions as haven’t read many but covers that say things about secret between couples, or people not what they seem or stalkers – not sure what you’d call the genre. I prefer a good Agatha Christie type story.

Well this weekend has been as different again. Went shopping yesterdag and came back with a trolley full of fresh fruit, veg, cereal, salads etc. Strange what the body craves at different times but I feel back on an even keel.

I suspected little hedgehog might be head & shoulders taller 🙂

Sorry you’re not feeling up to things today Jean, hopes it’s just a day of rest you need and not coming down with something. Wish you could share photos of potential new puppy. I was at puppy classes this morning. He’s two now and still pulls terribly on the lead but he was actually quite good this morning. My H came home late last night but couldn’t get in the door as if left the key in the lock. The dog went absolutely mad snarling, growling and barking. I’ve never seen him so protective. He’s a big goofy golden retriever which I don’t think are renowned really for the guard dog instincts but just shows you.

Well done on the loss Kay and sorry Ellie slowing a bit. Hope you enjoyed the F1.

We had some lovely caravan hols when the girls weee little. Never owned our own but the thought of having somewhere to head to on a weekend is very appealing. Especially near the coast.

Decisions decisions, do I crack in with household chores, catch up with work work ahead of a busy week or curl up with my book. Head and heart decision

X

Minols..
    You read my mind..poached egg and tomatoes on one slice of toast..Steve egg with beans on two slices of toast..getting a bit hungry but we are both ok..Steve sleeping he’s not too good feeling Mazy was his word..😂..I think we are both tired…hoping you are OK and the afternoon went well..

Cakey Wakey..
    You sound like a busy bee today getting yourself all sorted…..you sound as you are in a lively mood….lol ….I am excited about the puppy apparently a little feisty one leading all the others…

Jean x

All finished here a bit earlier than usual…evening/night isn’t a problem so waiting for breakfast….

Keep going Minols…hope it’s a good one…

Xx

Minols- hope keeping busy helps you get through the day, & hope the group goes well. Did your son pass his bikeability?
    Jean- hope you & Steve are back to normal tomorrow! Must’ve been a long day fasting & not feeling quite right! I’m sure you’ll see puppy photos soon!
    Cakey- glad you’re back to the healthy stuff! Hope you had a good afternoon, whatever you decided to do! The book sounded good… Nice to know that your dog has a guarding instinct when he has to! Josie was a big softie, but she saw off a burglar once & vandals another time! (I reminded hubby of that whenever he moaned about vets bills, she earnt her keep!) Glad your ‘puppy’ was well behaved at the class- I never managed to get Josie trained in not lead pulling!
    Went for a walk with sis & her dog, got quite warm as the sun actually came out for a bit! Made a cake again for son’s work- he offered to pay for it!- that was very tempting but stayed strong!

So confession… Was doing fine, just really shattered, and we were finally heading home after seeing MIL and the boys suggested an Indian. I didn’t eat too much but makes it definitely not a FD. Don’t regret it too much because I’d sort of proved myself capable for the day but tomorrow absolutely crucial now.

Anyone else up for the mass Monday fast?

Mx

PS WELL DONE Jean and Steve.

I’m in on the mass Monday FD, Minols!
    Has anyone ever used kettle bells for exercise- supposed to be good for toning the backside, & I definitely need help with that! I’ve looked on Amazon but the reviews on all the different makes all disagree!

Minols…you was nearly there..😬..I will possibly throw another in tomorrow as at dentist see how I go…

Hedgehog..I have a kettlebell only used it a few times you have to watch your back I did too much……I picked up a couple of videos on utube, which I followed their routine…must start again but more gently..

Jean x

I should have a celebratory drink now City have won the league but I will stay strong and resist.just been out with Heidi for our third walk, got wet on every one.

I know, Jean. I wish I could say I hated it but that would be a double waste and probably mentally unhealthy. I made my choice. I hope tomorrow I will make different choices. I am glad I still haven’t eaten biscuits and I’m making progress with the sweeties. I noticed the other day when we were out for cake and I had to have my second choice that I really didn’t enjoy it. Do you remember last year I realised I no longer enjoyed pringles or mcD fries? I think I need to take seriously that not only do I not like quite a lot of junk foods but that actually I deserve to eat good, reasonable quality food and not the lowest quality made from addictive substances.

Not sure I’m expressing this well, but maybe I don’t feel too bad tonight because the food was really good quality and a lovely time with my boy-folk (I know there are psychological dangers there too) but I think my problems with food stem from eating cheap junk that contains addictive substances… Cheap sugars, fats etc.

All that said… I still just need go fast tomorrow!

Mx

Minols…

It’s hard when you around the family you sometimes have to go with the flow…like us this week we don’t meet up with stepdaughter due to distance a lot, so have to fall in and then line drawn..they are special times…

It’s slowly getting off the junk food, sweets, we all know what they are we all have different things, Pringles me cakes…..

Tomorrow we will try better….. an Indian ..ummm…I thought I would never enjoy one..but top of the list these days…

Have a nice evening..

Jean x

Hello one and all! I’m Catherine and I am all ready and raring to go to start the first week tomorrow of this way of eating. I can’t wait! I have read the book, got my food diary planner on the fridge, got my batch cooking pots, portion control plate, stared a local support WhatsApp group with a couple of friends and I am READY! I can’t wait not to eat too much tomorrow! I have eaten for England over the last few days – and I know that I am going to be thinking very differently re food from tomorrow!

Any tips etc for me as I start my first week? x

Kittygalore..
    Welcome and keep with us for support…lots will be fasting tomorrow keep popping by and have a natter..
    It gets easier as you get into it, drink plenty of water to fill you up…

Good luck

Jean x

Hi Jean

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I really like the idea of support and having all this information to hand in one place.

Ill let you know how I get on after my first day!

Cat x

Cat..
    Think rumbling tummy as eating your fat…lol

X

Hi Cat, nice to have you here! I’ve found this thread really helpful- there’s usually someone else on a FD with you, so if you’re having a wobble it’s good to get some encouragement… sounds like you’re very prepared, which is a very good start. I’d suggest measuring before you start, as sometimes the scales don’t move that much, but measurements do, & that’s encouraging. Drink lots, & see how you find it best eating on FDs; quite a few of us find once we start eating we feel even hungrier, so don’t ear anything until the evening. Good luck, there’s quite a few of us fasting today!
    Minols- you don’t get much family time as it is, so it’s nice to go out with your boys! Better luck today, & at least it was an IF yesterday which is still good for weight loss!
    Jean- hope that the dentist’s goes well today!
    Lynne- you’re quiet, hope everything’s okay? Are you working today?
    Kay- are you with us?
    Dave- Well done celebrating without the beer! What days are you fasting this week?
    Pseudo- are you doing you usual B2Bs?
    Cakey- I hope you get stuck into the healthy stuff & have a better week!
    Sorry if I’ve missed anyone!
    Picking up son’s car today, then I’m doing a bit of shopping on the way home… hopefully it’ll stay nice & I can get in the garden afterwards…

Morning All…
    A beautiful day here….

Yesterday’s fast went fine….Steve a couple of pounds up from the weekend I didn’t jump on…lol….A semi or fasting day here due to dentist at noon…two teeth re done as fillings are discoloured frontish so the injection won’t be very nice…😬

Steve joining me so depending what I cook this evening….chicken possibly..

Hedgehog..
    Hope the car pickup goes well, usually takes a bit of time…it must be car buying time daughter picks hers up on Thursday…

Dave..
    Well done on your team..top of the league 🏆

Cat..
    Have a good day…don’t go too deep into it..it’s easy…shout if you need help….small breakfast or fruit and meat or egg omelette and salad for evening..keep off the carbs on a fast day….

Lynne..
    Are you working today…all OK or busy….

Minols..
    A strong girl today let’s have it in the bag….

Cakey Wakey..
    Working through all your healthy things you bought…how is it going…

Pseu..
    You are quiet all OK…

Kay..
    👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻 How are you doing….

A mass fast today…How many?

Jean x

Morning all

Thanks for all your gracious words over my Indian last night… Love this gang!

Really motivated today – not least by one of those ‘what to wear’ mornings. I’m not particularly smart but I have some clothes I really like and after dressing all scuzzy for the boy’s holiday I was looking forward to dressing for work this morning – only to realise that none of the clothes I really like were really comfortable for just now. Great when I was even just half a stone lighter but not today. So it’s jeans and an old worksheet. Which is fine because I’m back on my bicycle and although I’m wearing the work shirt in case I get to go out visiting (collar is useful for one or to of the elderly confused who can-t quite place me!) I’ll probably get caught up in things in the office.

Couldn’t make it up the hill on the bike this morning so definitely lost some ‘condition’ – ha ha! But treating myself to a really good coffee at my favourite Italian cafe so I can read in peace as my first task for the day.

Good luck with the dentist, Jean.

Lynn – if you’re working today I hope you’ve had a good weekend and are ready for it.

Cat… Really good luck! You sound absolutely up for this which is a brilliant encouragement to us old hands. What’s your plan for today? I tend to save as many cals for as normal a dinner as possible, so I go through the day on coffee or Bovril. Tonight’s meal is provided courtesy of my other half who usually cooks us his own fish/rice dish on a Sunday but as he enticed me into the wickedness/joy of our favourite Indian last night owes me tonight! So it’s high protein, minimal carbs and means I’m eating the same as everyone else but now the smallest portion as my wee boy is growing fast!

Anyone got a tally of today’s faster? Jean & Steve, Cat, me… Wondering else?

Morning everyone.

Not had a good weekend food wise, need to snap out of eating as much as possible on a Saturday and Sunday… I don’t buy junk, but I still seem to manage to go crazy. No walks this weekend, which didn’t help since I was inside for two days – there was a beach clean event I fancied on Sunday, but it was too cold and rainy.

Yup, back to my b2b today, so I’m joining the mass fast too.

Feeling grim at the moment, I hate Mondays and I hate mornings. I just want to go back to bed.

Fingers crossed that the good weather the forecasters are predicting will actually materialise.

Minols…
    I had a morning like you this morning…what to wear, as you all know we are supposed to go tidy/smart when leaving the house instead of been scuzzy ( a new word for me hope I have the meaning right!)

So all winter clothes away now and all summer clothes out…so a morning of sorting…going to the dentist ‘tidy’…lol…my toe painting lady has moved salons and nearer to me..so must catch her, I feel naked with no toes done and in sandals.

Don’t cast a clout till Mays out….I am pushing it..😂

Pseu..
    You are not the only one, we seem to have a bad two days over the weekend..we must control it, even down to our Fridays off, instead it creeps…we will get there, I think why be totally good for 5 days then let go..🙁..one day only for us now!!…I hope…

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Morning everyone

A few days off the laptop, meals with the girls, eating too much of the wrong thing, usual story, but fasting today.

Jean, made me think of my mum with ‘never cast a clout’, she had some wonderful sayings.

Minols, the Indian sounded wonderful. That’s what I like about this WOL, being able to go off plan and not feel like you’ve ruined a diet.

Hedgehogs, great news that the youngest has passed his test. So exciting to have the independence driving provides.

Dave, thought of you when I heard about City. Well done on not celebrating with beer.

Kay, I know Ellie is slowing down, but the last year has seemed almost a gift.

CW, I’ve had a week of over-indulging, eating all sorts, especially with the girls around. Hoping to follow your example of a turn around this week.

Typh00, you about? Joining the fast today?

Pseudo, hopefully the weather will be better this week and you can get out and about more.

Cat, a lovely group here. Hope the first day goes well for you.

No work today, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10-2 this week with a review at the end and a plan set for the next couple of weeks.

New backdoor and kitchen window in and hall/stairs/landing done, just need to gloss now. Think I’ll paint the spare room first then can go through the house with the gloss. Quiet day today, get on top of all the housework, and then plan what I want to do with spare time this week. Bec has a Welsh oral this week, either today or tomorrow so may be called upon to assist with testing her, which would be much easier if I could actually speak or even read Welsh.

Hoping for a good FD today. Bec back to school and Hannah moved back to student house, so back into routine. Not sure when I’ll fast in the week, trying to get back into the swing with work.

Have a great day everyone.

Lynne x

Hi Lynne…
    You seem to be on the go again..you shame me, we will have to start but maybe back end of the summer..

Glad works going well and another plan at the end of week…is it nice to be back in the swing or is it hard going?…girls back in their routine and you back fasting, it’s hard when doing different things…how are the girls? Hope they are OK…💕

My Mum had loads of sayings they make you laugh…one which I liked best, was if doing something and it wasn’t quite right…’ A blind man would be pleased to see it’..it makes me smile maybe not politically correct but said with a good heart…

Got my toes booked in on Wednesday ..seems lots of appointments this week for us…

Just having coffee then off to dentist, I am dreading it this time as my old dentist has retired and new one to me. Frontish teeth are not the best to be done…

Picking up a new battery for the caravan on our way back….

Have a good day..think ours will be a low day as we are fasting tomorrow …

Jean x

Jean – thinking of you in the dentist’s chair…
    Mx

Dentists, yowch. I didn’t have a great experience last time I went, almost bit him in protest. Fingers crossed it’s not too traumatic!

Hi Jean… So are you slurring you words?!
    Hope it wasn’t too brutal.

How’s the FD going for everyone? Just written my food plan for the week and off to shop accordingly!

Mx

Fast day going ok,2 cups of tea and a packet of weight watchers biscuits up to now,less than 100 calories,Went to the bank to pay some coins in and was told they will only accept ten bags,I said i didnt know about the ten bags because i rarely go in a bank,in the end he took them all so that was good.Not took Heidi out yet so better go,speedway tonight,that will keep me busy.

Food plan, good idea. I’m thinking of trying that on the weekends in an attempt to regain control. I’m not normally that organised. Do you find it helps with keeping control, or is it something you need to do anyway because you’re planning meals for other people?

Hi All…
    I am back….would you believe it he talked me into no injection…he said put your hand up if it hurts and he would inject me…No I said my hands would be round his neck!!…lol

My teeth look very nice and he didn’t hurt..I started to jump on one and he stopped..and asked if I was ok…but I said it was mind over matter he seemed to be getting close..😂

So out to cafe and had carrot cake, my one a day…no lunch..won’t be too bad but not a FD…we will be fasting tomorrow as planned…

Pseu..no planning for us we decide in the morning in bed what we fancy for the day…

Thanks for all the good vibes I was really dreading it…

Off to cut the back grass apparently sir has done the front!…I have a pile of ironing too, no sharing there..

Keep going fasters nearly food time…

Jean x

Afternoon all!
    Busy day- son has his car, he’s been out & about already showing it off to friends, it’s already ‘de-badged’?! (Covering up the makers badge at the back to make it look cooler! Got some shopping done, but manic everywhere! Afternoon in the garden, putting down grass seed, little robin watching me, waiting to eat it up!
    Pseudo- I do a food plan & shopping list every week, although it does get altered. It must be hard for you on your own, I’d be terrible & snack all the time I think!
    Minols- not nice when clothes are a bit tight, good Monday morning incentive though. Haven’t got my bike out yet, although it’ll all need tidying as son borrowed it last time- he won’t be needing it any more now!!
    Jean- hope the dentist’s has gone okay, nice to have a pedicure to look forward to. (Presume you like it, it’d be my idea of torture, don’t want to get my feet out!) Not summer enough weather for me to think about sandals yet!!
    Hope everyone’s FD is going well, going quickly for me. Might see about a liquid one, not sure…

Hi all and welcome Cat.

Well today was supposed to be a FD but I slipped mid afternoon and had chunk of cheese, then followed that by having a choc brownie (which Neil baked a batch of yesterday!)
    So all I can do now is keep it low for tea and try again tomorrow! So Jean I’ll be joining you.

Minols I have that incentive too, usual clothes are a tad too snug at the moment!

Having a tidy up of online photos etc, started off motivated, getting bored with it now.

Keep strong fasters, show me how its supposed to be done!!

Kay x

Hedgehog..
    I got the grass cut the patched bare bits with grass seed, my blackbird was watching me…glad your son is fussy with his car and of course you do things to make it different…lol…I don’t like my feet touching so very much wriggling not a good patient but I like the results….a bit cold still today. Ummmm for sandals…

Kay..
    Definitely with you tomorrow and we are doing Thursday…trying for three a week at the moment….today didn’t happen…

Keep strong everyone…Cat how are you doing, we are waiting to know….

Jean x

Hi all.

Had my fish and rice and I have enough left for a tiny bit of choc with my cup of lemon/ginger tea later.

Pseu – I don’t always plan but I do better when I do! Helps me be a reasonable household/leader too. (ie wife and mother… Just not very good at those things – ha ha!) I have the fast book recipes on my phone and I’m trying to get better at cooking and healthier (!) by trying to plan based on that.. Give us all a bit of variety. Realistically, I tend to plan for 4out of 5 days to allow me to change my mind at least once without too much going to waste. And as most things are for at least 4 it means there is usually one portion left over for the OH to take to work.

Cat – how’re you doing? Has work been a distraction for you?

Right, off for an early bath and listening to something on the radio… Nice distraction.

Mx

Right- apologies to the fasters for this recipe, but Pseudo asked…
    Cinnamon Rolls:
    Rolls- 350g SR flour, pinch salt, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 tbsp. Caster sugar, 100g melted butter, 2 egg yolks, 200mls milk.
    Sift the dry ingredients. Whisk the egg yolks, milk & melted butter together, pour into dry ingredients & mix to a soft dough. Sprinkle a large sheet of greaseproof paper with flour, put the dough on & roll out to a rectangle 30 x 25cms. (it is quite sticky, so I usually roll it out between 2 sheets of greaseproof)
    Filling: 1tsp cinnamon, 50g soft brown sugar, 2 tbsp. caster sugar, 1 tbsp. melted butter.
    Mix together, then spread over the dough rectangle. Roll dough up like a swiss roll, cut into 8 slices, & pack into a greased 20cm tin or dish. Bake for 30-35 mins at 180* Cool for 5 mins before removing from the tin.
    Icing: 125g icing sugar, 2 tbsp. cream cheese, 1 tbsp. melted butter, vanilla essence. Mix together, & add drops of boiled water until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Drizzle over the rolls.
    I make these, but don’t put the icing on until we’re going to eat them. They reheat without icing on nicely the next day in the microwave.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,751 through 16,800 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.