Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 1 hour, 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,401 through 16,450 (of 35,381 total)

• HI everyone – busy weekend on here, by the looks of it.

Lovely to have you back, Kay – all good in the new place?

Jean – sorry you had to cancel. Lincoln’s been pretty bad, I think. But when you get there you’ll love it!

Annette – I started my FD this morning with a wee run – day 3 on the app, as we did day1 twice by mistake! Getting out of bed is the hardest bit. And I guess keeping hydrated (always a big thing on a FD) and the salt levels up will be important if you’re doing a work-based run. For someone who absolutely hates running, so far this is working out alright, but we go from a minute at a time to 90 seconds on the next attempt…that’ll sort the mummies out for the boys!

Busy day for me yesterday, but made all the easier for having had a proper 24 hours off. Knife-cutting wind on the east coast, but I love that, if I’m wrapped up well – it’s so bracing! And we found great food places, too. Of course it also helped that a friend sent me a cake on Friday…he’d been at a meeting earlier in the week at my place and he’d brought me biscuits. Shocked to discover that I am now ‘a woman who does not eat biscuits’, he found a place on line where they send their cakes out. So my OH and i have worked our way diligently through a delicious carrot cake this weekend! That’s healthy, right? Carrots are a good vegetable, after all.

Right – on with the challenge. Bovril is in my bag ready for the office and tonight’s chicken cassoulet (FD style) has been made.

Have fun everyone!

Mx

Morning All..

Quite bright but I am sure cold…trying our NW poles out this morning with Steve going to the local park, see if we can have 30 mins or more…there’s a cafe too if open…no cake!

My daughter is going for an interview this morning for Head of School…she is at a large primary school..keeping my fingers crossed she is very enthusiastic about the children…she deserves it.

Hedgehog and Typhoo..
    I might do a hanging chocolate things on a branch with chicks etc see what I can find for Easter..Steve face will be a picture a child at heart…lol..eat things slowly..

Kay..
    Lovely to see you, hope you have settled in..keep warm your weathers not good…glad a plan on starting running again ( if you can with Neil)..summer is around the corner..😂 we hope, different clothes.

Annette..
    All ready to go, shout if you need help…I am out of sync this week, different days and next due to commitments but I am about. I miss not doing it with everyone.

Minols..
    Glad the weekend away went well, biscuits and healthy carrot cake what more can you want…enjoy your running..

Hedgehog..
    AFDs for us this week, scales looking good (down) after the weekend..is this where my problems lies?

LCHF…it’s balancing it and getting your head around fat calories a few on here do it but it messes with my head and old diets..although I do eat more fat now..

DF..
    Glad you got to your VW Meet a brave girl to get out in the weather…hope your party went well too.. good walk before work well done..

Lynne..
    How’s things going?…are you finished in the bathroom..and onto your next plan…

Dave..
    Hope you had a good sporty weekend…and enjoyed that lovely beef dinner you had me drooling..lol

Have a good fasting day…NFD for us…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Kay, good to hear the move has gone well. I was thinking of you this weekend with the bad weather in the SW.

Minols, are you doing C25K on your own?

Jean, changing to next weekend seems a sensible plan. Keeping safe is the most important thing. Enjoy your walk.

Dave, did the roof get fixed or are they coming today?

Pseudo, are you fasting today?

Hedgehogs, I know of a few people who use cloud bread, but never tried it. May experiment one day.

CW, hope the travels this week aren’t too tiring.

Thyp00, you fasting with us today?

Annette, lots fasting today – Mass Fast Monday, shout if you need support.

Sorry I’ve not been about. Rough couple of days. Friday discovered the drains outside the house were blocked. There’s very little gradient in the pipes and the water board are due to flush 6 monthly but hadn’t been and we have an inspection chamber at the side of the house and in the garden both full to the brim. Nice chap came to clear them who’s moving locally so said he’d keep an eye (he’ll make it his last call of the day so ending near home).

Plumber here until 7pm on Saturday and still no shower. Thought I had a leak on Sunday, but seems to have settled. He’s back tomorrow to finish the shower panels and a little bit of tiling. Day to myself so having a good clean through and enjoying a day of not being tied. Quite a way through my list of jobs for the day and on my first cup of coffee.

Still keeping off the sugar, but eating this weekend has been a bit crazy so a FD really needed.

‘Wrexham’ diet is what Hannah is calling her current situation. Driving 3.5 hours twice a week and sleeping loads. But I think the biggest things are that she only has basic rations at the accommodation, buying week to week so not many treats and not living with 4 sporty guys who can eat anything, and alcohol consumption down. She’s really happy to have dropped 3lb, but sadly I think I found them!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lynne x

Sorry the weekend’s been a tough one, Lynne. You could have done without the outside drain problem. Hopefully having someone locally on call will help keep it under control again.

Doing C25K just for myself…personal challenge to be able to run 5k – but I don’t actually have any concept how far that is! Hopefully within 7 weeks I’ll know! But I’m rarely alone. Out of 4 runs so far, the boy has come on 3 – and he’s a brilliant training partner. Boundless energy and his latest game idea is to make up ‘mix’ animals and tell each other abou them on the walk section. This morning I crossed a manta ray with a kangaroo and came up with a mantaroo that when it’s tired of gliding beautifully through the ocean can do sudden bounds within the water. A brilliant distraction, and i’m hoping he might get the running bug because he actually has the skinny physique for it, and it would be great for him to having something he can challenge himself at as he gets older.

First Bovril down – feeling the chill today.

Mx

Hi All…
    Lynne..
    You seem to be facing a fair few problems…hoping the drains get sorted..have a lovely day to yourself even if doing some jobs..Hannah’s 3 lbs off is good, soon shows when you get out of your usual way of life, the weight can go one way or the other…

Minols…
    I can see you running from one person to the other…soon get through your flock and have more time to your self…lol

We have been out NW for 45 mins, quite nice a bit cold to start but soon warmed up… I have had a late breakfast again so missing lunch, it seems to be working well…

Daughters interview she thought went quite well…but as she says who knows what they are thinking…3 people interviewing her for 90 mins …..waiting for a phone call after 3pm…

Keep strong everyone who’s fasting….

Jean x

Jean- hope that your daughter gets the job- but it’ll be really stressful, won’t it?
    Minols- well done with the running, carrot cake definitely healthy!!
    Lynne- sounds like it’s one thing after another, hope you get everything fixed, not fair of Hannah donating her few pounds to you!
    Kay- hope that the snow soon goes & you’re settling in, & can get back to FDs!
    DF- (&Jean!)- well done you fitting in 2 walks, can’t face walking today, wind’s far too cold!
    Pseudo- hope you had a good weekend, & didn’t go crazy, as you said you’ve been doing!
    Dave- how’s things? & Typhoo, either of you fasting today?
    Annette- hope your first one is going okay?
    I’m feeling v. good with the fast today, tried coffee with some nut milk I’ve got to use up, tasted good, lower carbs & cals than skimmed milk! Can’t believe I can drink coffee with no sugar, didn’t think that could ever happen! I have dropped 4lbs (from Mother’s day, probably water weight!) since last Wednesday, which sounds great, but my jeans feel tighter??!! I must measure so I can see where it’s gone from!
    Had dentists first thing, all good, but still treated myself to some Easter decorations… better than treating myself to food which is what would usually happen! Discovered a leaking washer bottle hose on my car too, can’t get it in to a garage til later next week- not sure if hubby can fix it, a) not very good with cars stuff, & b) seems in a very tricky place to get your hand in. So have done nothing at the moment! I am sadly old fashioned, I do the cooking, housework etc., & leave cars to him! Ought to be more independent probably!

It’s a nice sunny day here,very cold wind though,all you runners on here, I couldn’t even run for a bus these days,had a good night at the hockey last night,very exciting,we won on a penalty shootout,going to keep the sport coming, speedway tonight the first meeting of the year 😎😎😎,fast day today but I may have to change my Thursday FD to Friday because if Denise goes in hospital Thursday I will have to be up at 5am.I feel quite hungry at the moment but only had 2 cups of tea. Stay strong fasters.

Hi all

Dave – speaking for myself…not seeing myself as a ‘runner’ – I don’t think jogging for one minute at a time really counts! Also, i wear a thick woolly hat…and I don’t think that really goes with the image!

Any news on the roof?

Have to say I’m hungry, too. Just went on an exploration of cupboards, as there was a coffee morning here on Saturday…I think all of the left-over baking must have got snaffled yesterday…grrrr! And I am definitely a woman who definitely does NOT – now at, absolutely NOT – eat biscuits, so I put 2 tins in the kitchen cupboard back, and the 5 tubs in the store cupboard outside my office that are still intact and so impossible to sneak one out without someone noticing…I left them where they were, too.

I must say, I may be a woman who does not eat biscuits…but I might soon be a very grumpy woman who does not eat biscuits!

Right – determined head back on.

Mx

Hedgehog..
    After daughter has been off work with stress..it’s not school but hubby and younger son what has caused her problems..although she doesn’t say much…as a mother I know my daughters inside out, as you do, listen and see…I think their marriage was on a very tight line but she has changed things..told him where the problems are..things have changed a lot for the better, 4 months now and it Is happier and friendlier house all around, not so much sport and TV goes off…it depends if it continues…he is quite selfish and younger son..both very me me people..they both are going to church regularly and doing evening things, quiz and pie and pea supper, and enjoying it..

She is ready for a change at work and now is the time, I hope she gets it and her hubby will have to fit in I think…or she will stand alone with her two sons.

Minols..
    Watch those biscuits ..well done…

Jean x

Sounds really positive, Jean. I do hope your daughter gets the job.

Removing myself from the building (and the biscuits)…

Mx

Hello

Haven’t weighed myself or intentionally fasted today as not feeling too good been really tired last few days but will see how I am tomorrow and start again.

We had some snow here over the weekend either that or someone had a bad dandruff day but it seems to be gone now which is good news.

Good luck to everyone who is fasting today.

My daughter has got the job…I am so pleased and proud of her..she is such an enthusiastic teacher and worked hard as assistant head..

I haven’t spoke to her as in a staff meeting..😀

X

That’s great news Jean about your daughter,the roofer said he will come tomorrow,I suppose he has been held up with all the snow.Fast still going strong,will eat in an hour or so before I go to speedway.

Jean- wonderful news!! Congrats to her…
    Dave- enjoy the speedway!
    Minols- stay strong, you are a woman who runs & does not eat biscuits!
    Annette- how are you?
    Typhoo- hope you feel better soon…
    Easter tree is done! Went out & found the perfect branches from stuff workmen had cut down & dumped, covered it with florist tape, in a vase & decorated. Looks very cheery, & better than my usual homemade effort. Currently letting my mini processor rest as trying to grind flaxseed for a recipe- not one of my better ideas!
    Keep strong fasters! My hunger pangs are worsening…

We have finished now starting to fast for tomorrow…I missed lunch out and managed

Keep strong everyone…Annette missing how are you going?

Hedgehog…I do fancy doing something for Easter..sounds lovely..what have you put on it?

Dave ..enjoy speedway tonight…wrap up warm…

Typhoo ..hope you soon feel more yourself..

Minols…well done no biscuits

Lynne ..how are you doing?..hope your day was relaxing..

Kay, DF..are you with the fasters today?

Jean x

Jean- I bought some already decorated plastic eggs- some from Tescos, they were cheap, as well as some more expensive ones I saw first from a fab shop near us. Plus a little hen ornament & rabiit ornament as well from the more expensive shop. I’ll put a few chicks on there, & will get a little wooden cross to put on too so we don’t forget what Easter’s all about… No chocolate!
    Lynne- I thought the ‘wrexham diet’ was a new fad, I like it! It must be really hard for Hannah living with a bunch of sporty men, constantly eating, & drinking is a big thing at Uni… not surprising that Hannah gained a few pounds! Hope there’s no leaks & hiccups with all the plumbing today…
    How did everyone else’s FD go yesterday- Minols, did you keep away from the biscuits? DF & Kay, all okay?
    Dave was the speedway good? I’ve never been, I should try it once at least, where the Ipswich Witches ride is not far from us.
    Typhoo- hope you’re feeling better?
    Annette- where are you?!
    My FD was fine- I tried a keto recipe cauliflower cheese (just craime fraiche warmed & a little cheddar melted in instead of a roux sauce, which was really good), will definitely have it again, & so easy to make! Trying my new flaxseed bread today as well.
    Jean- are you fasting today instead? Hope it goes well!

Morning all,

Jean, great news about your daughter and the job 🙂

I had another good FD yesterday, easier than the last one thank goodness. I also managed to get plenty of walking in during the day too. Won’t do as much today, yesterday I seemed to have a burst of energy from somewhere!

Lynne, hope you have a calmer day today, sounds very stressful.

Hedgehogs, the cauliflower cheese sounds good, I love that!

Typh00, hope your feeling better today and managed to get some rest last night.

Annette, hope your okay, how did your FD go yesterday?

NFD for me today, but will be sensible 😛 Its nice and sunny out so hopefully will get out at lunchtime. Its funny, struggling with anxiety its always a push to make myself walk, but I’m glad when I’ve done it, its just the first bit, getting out there!

Have a good day everyone, stay strong anyone fasting, and keep warm, its freezing!!

x

Morning All

Dull here…

We are fasting for our second one of the week…hoping for a good weigh in Friday..when I try hard it sometimes doesn’t show…

No idea what is planned today..car wash as it’s very bad it is on the to do list..

Hedgehog..
    That’s a disappointment no chocolate…a bit like a Xmas tree for looking and the moment only….😂..I will see if I get around to doing something……glad the recipe went well….how long have you been a veggie?..I have a healthy vegan site I follow but I eat meat, I like some of her recipes.

Lynne..
    Hannah got me with the Wrexham diet..I was looking it up and couldn’t find anything…lol

DF..
    A good day for you yesterday, getting back in the swing…still you are on maintenance so you have more leeway..enjoy your walk today, I may get out to NW later..

Have a good day….anyone else fasting today? or are we on our own.

A lazy start to the day deciding what we are doing…if I don’t decide quick Steve has loads of jobs in the garage ( motorbike)…I don’t mind, I have masterchef and Mary berry to catch up on sometime today…

Jean x

Hello everyone!

I’m with the fasters today – day 2 of 3 of back-to-backs. Didn’t struggle at all yesterday so hoping today is the same. I find back-to-backs a lot easier than individual days.

No snow by me on the weekend, but on Sunday we went for a hike in the mountains around Carreg Cennen castle, snow up to our knees, I loved it! Felt like a proper adventure.

Went running last night, plan to go again tonight and then Thursday.

I still keep eating terribly on the weekend, can’t seem to snap myself out of it. Anyone have any tips? I need someone to pop up and slap me when I start rooting through the cupboards.

Pseudo- no help from me, I’m afraid! I’ve been ‘feasting’ a bit too much on my non-FDs! That’s why I’m trying really low carb, to try & wean myself off the sweet stuff! If you’re interested, I found a book in the library yesterday ‘5:2 Veggie & Vegan’ by Kate Harrison, some really lovely sounding recipes- it is on Amazon, but I don’t really need any more cookbooks, as it’s a library book I’ll probably write the ones I like out 🙁
    Hope your FD goes well, & Jean too!
    DF- Enjoy your walk if you go out today, I always feel better for it! Don’t be hard on yourself on non FDs, you are in maintenance!
    Flaxseed bread was okay, lots of work though!

Well done to all fasters yesterday!

Jean I’m with you today. Hope I remember how!
    Few things to do so will be busy.

Nice and sunny but still very cold. Hopefully will get 5 mins on the beach today.

Jean, well done to your daughter. She deserves it. Enjoy Masterchef on catch up, it was a good one last night.

Lynne, your daughter made me laugh with the Wrexham diet!

Pseu, I’m exactly the same at weekends! Maybe we should separate Sat and Sun so they aren’t together! No excuse for me either as I’m not working at the moment.

Hedgehogs, like the sound of that cauli sauce rather than a roux, will try that.
    My diet is mainly a veggie one, I’ve not eaten meat for years now although I do eat fish.

Dave how was the speedway?

Minols, I might go back to basics and do the C25k as it’s over 2 years since I’ve done any running. I desperately need to do something to get my heart rate up.

Typh00 are you feeling any better? I was tired and headachey yesterday with a stiff neck. A little better today.

Right Im being told to get moving as things to do, so catch everyone later.
    Kay x

Morning everyone

Jean, great news about your daughter’s job, the rest of the house will certainly have to pull their weight now.

Typh00, hope you’re feeling better today.

Minols, is this really you or a doppelganger. Running, not eating biscuits, you’ll be giving up honey on toast next.

Hedgehogs, your Easter display sounds lovely. I think I’ll try the cauliflower cheese, sounds easy and is always a favourite here.

Dave, hope the roofer comes today. Not long now until Denise goes in.

Pseudo, the hike sounds wonderful. I love the snow, until I have to go somewhere or do something and it turns dirty and slushy. There are still some drifts in the lanes near me this morning.

DF, glad the FD was easier yesterday. You seem to be back in the swing of things.

CW, hope the travelling is going well.

Kay, envious of you possible 5 minutes on the beach, but living where you do it would be a shame not to take advantage.

Annette, how was your first FD. Let us know how you got on. Sometimes it can take a couple of attempts at the beginning, so don’t worry if it didn’t go completely to plan.

FD yesterday went well, just a soup and an apple, and looking to keep control of thing now in a push up to Easter. Everything I’ve been eating has been healthy, but not in the quantities I’ve been eating them.

Got just about everything done on my list yesterday and have had a good start today. Need another ‘house’ based day as waiting for the plumber, hopefully the last day then just need to sort the flooring and door moulding.

Have a great day everyone.

Lynne x

I’m curious, what’s this cauli cheese recipe? Had a scan through and couldn’t see it – though I might be missing it somewhere. I never make cauli cheese so don’t know much about what normally goes in it. If there’s a healthy option I’d give it a go though.

Pseudo- Cauli cheese is not exactly healthy whatever way you make it- I’m trying to combine the Keto diet (very low carb) with 5:2, so as a normal cauliflower cheese is made with a sauce with butter, flour & milk in it, quite high carb! Yesterday I steamed 6oz cauliflower, then melted 100g craime fraiche, stirred in 30g grated cheddar, put it on top of the cauliflower & baked it so that the cheese goes brown on top. (It did separate a little with some extra water from the cauliflower, but doesn’t worry me!) I think 312 cals, 10.16g carb. I’ve never worked out what a roux would be in the quantity we have it, & we like the cheese really strong, but the BBc’s recipe comes out at 250 cals, 13g carb, but is made just as a side dish, not a main course… It’s the carb level I wanted to cut down.
    Lynne- hope that the bathroom gets on well today.
    Kay- beach walk envy! Enjoy it!
    I’m going out for a walk in a bit with Josie’s dog sitter & her dog, plus however many she’s minding today, looking forward to it!
    Jean, Pseudo, Kay- hope you stay strong!

Ah I see, thanks Hedgehogs. That cookbook you mentioned getting out from the library, does it have photos in it? I can’t get on with cookbooks with no photos, my eyes glaze over.

The lady in the post office just told me I look like I’ve lost weight. Chuffed now. 🙂

Afternoon All..

All going well here..Kay and Pseu..hope you both are too..

Steve tidying the office, having a good sort..went out for some new box files…I was in and out looking at old photos and things..so didn’t get much done…a good walk out for the shopping bits and box files…but no proper NW walking…although I thought mild there’s still a bite in the wind…

Hedgehog knocked on Easter bits bought 3 Easter Eggs for a £10 for us to share…😬

Pseu..a good walk for you, finding lovely deep snow…fed up a bit now I would like better weather….

We are like both of you over eating on a weekend..better this one passed will it show on the scales on Friday. 🤞

Kay hope you are getting sorted and you can settle for a while…have a good FD always hard if being off plan for a bit…have a nice walk on the beach if you have time, still Ellie will make you have time…I shall watch masterchef in a minute..

Lynne hope you get your jobs finished today and all goes to plan…

Daughter starts her job in September, so will need a changeover period before the Head retires in July…..daughter will be Head of school but also has an Executive Head above her floating between other schools in her group…all new titles now as a part of an Academy of schools, primary leading into high school in the same group. Supposed to be better..umm who knows!

Well TV on…No American daughter on phone today as hubby on two weeks holiday from work, with her doing house jobs, hanging wardrobe doors today I think…I will miss her..usually have a good hours chat…

Jean x

Hello everyone, I’m not AWOL I’m still here 🙂

First FD was ok 560 cals in total and a 4K run (thank you again for checking up on me). Thank you all for your continued support, I’m so glad I stopped lurking!

Have to have an x-ray on my left knee after a visit to the Dr’s today but she thinks it’s servicable with a steroid injection rather than anything more sinister. This means I can continue with the C25K which pleases me muchly as after only 5 weeks I can run for 25 minutes continuously. Had quite an interesting chat with her over calorie intake and such.

Forgot to weigh yesterday, doh! I have measurements saved though so I’ll check them out next week to see if anything has moved and in which direction.

Congratulations to those on daughters job and lady in the post office comment!

Typh00.. have you tried a zinc and magnesium supplements?

Best get on with some work so I can finish on time and get in the gym before any students!!

Take care everyone and have a fab evening x

Not talking to those who are off to the beach but I hope you have a lovely time Kay.

Annette..
    Glad you are still with us…some people just do one fast and disappear…enjoy the gym…take care with your knee ..are you ok for the gym after an injection?

Pseu..
    Nice one at the library..I bet you are really chuffed 😀

Have a nice evening…

Jean x

Hello,

Feeling a little bit more like myself today but didn’t sleep too well as I spent most of yesterday sleeping and trying to get better.

I’m thinking I’ll just be doing the one fast day this week on Friday still don’t really feel like eating much at the moment so won’t be eating as normal though.

The Post Office. Yep, pretty pleased, we weren’t even talking about weight loss so it wasn’t like a prompted comment. Not sure I agree though, don’t particularly feel any smaller, but still a nice confidence-boost.

And yup, I definitely agree it’s time for nicer warmer weather, getting sick of being cold all the time.

25 minutes non-stop running is excellent, I’m surprised it goes up that high in week 5, bit of a shock to the system! I think I only did it to week 4 when I did it last year, I run now but I’m using a different app.

You other FDers holding up okay?

Typhoo..
    Glad you are feeling more yourself today…there seems a lot of bugs about..take care…

Pseu..
    All going well here…lamb chop with veg tonight couldn’t face a salad…lol…just made some really spicey onion chutney to have with cold meats..just one large jar, not a true chutney as only lasts a couple of weeks in the fridge…see how it goes..

Jean x

Pseu- lovely when people notice! I’ve only had 2 friends notice 🙁
    The book has some photos in the middle, but not for every recipe. I know what you mean, I like to see what I’m trying to make!
    Jean- have a nice meal tonight, chutney sounds lovely! The schools round this was are sharing heads a lot too. She’ll have the summer holidays to get the family trained up then! Make sure you hide those Easter eggs away from Steve!
    Annette- glad you managed the fast yesterday, & well done with persevering with the running, sounds like you’re doing really well in 5 weeks!
    Typhoo- glad you’re feeling a bit better, hopefully the low days will show on the scales!
    Had a lovely walk, dog-walkers dog naughty, she had to muzzle him as he’s been eating nasty things & been ill (typical Lab!), so he kept rolling around trying to get it off, & wallowed in a very muddy puddle as well, mud & sand, good combo! Glad we went in her car…!

A bit late coming on today,the roofer did the roof this morning so should be ok now,getting worried about Denise,she can’t sit still for a minute, on the go all day. The speedway was very good but very cold, Hedgehogs Ipswich speedway is a very good track,I have been there 3 times, we went for a meal in a pub called the Fox I think somewhere near the track. My fast day was very good,600 calories.

Wednesday – NFD for me again, which is probably just as well as I’ve got a banging head before I even attempt to start work!

Pseu, such a confidence boost, the weight-loss being noticed 🙂

Hope everyone’s okay, lovely sunny day today, although cold. Enjoy!

Trying to organise my 2 weeks off work in May, looking forward to days away in the V-dub 🙂 Hope its a bit warmer by then 🙂

x

Morning all.

My third and final day of back-to-backs, expecting today to be pretty easy because I’m off to the cinema straight from work so I’ll be out of the house until fairly late.

DF; I’m envious, I’d love to go touring around in a van. Unfortunately mine died a death a long time ago, and I don’t have anyone to go with anyway. I’d love to go on a walking holiday, I’m lusting after going to Snowdonia at the moment. Where are you planning on going?

Jean; no definitely not salad weather! Onion chutney sounds lovely, I bought one at Christmas that didn’t last long at all. 🙂

Hedgehogs; the walk sounds good, the doggy sounds like he had a whale of a time!

Has anyone tried making cereal bars? I love cereal bars but I’ve stopped buying them because they are so high in calories, normally the ones that are lower in calories are only really lower because they are tiny.

Who else is fasting today?

Hi All – just a quick glance through yesterday’s posts…will catch up when I hopefully get to my desk later.
    Yesterday out and about driving north and then south for meetings…not my typical day, but beautiful scenery and great people, so a joy.
    Today I’m into primary schools, so looking forward to seeing the wee ones again. Hope they like my odd socks – knee length ski socks so I can take my moped. Celebrating odd socks day here.
    Kay – already been for my run – we’re onto 90 minute segments now…felt a bit of a step up.
    Lynne – I will never give up my toast and honey…two pieces already eaten this morning! (I might one day have to cut back…no, I couldn’t face it!)

Mx

PS Pseu – noticed you’re doing back to backs – would love to know how that goes. Do you eat each evening?

Morning all- I’m late today but no lie-in, just busy…
    Pseudo- well done on B2Bs- 3 in a row, wow! I’ve done 2, that’s enough! I agree on the cereal bars, have a Deliciously Ella recipe for banana bars, will have a quick look what that works out at. They’re an acquired taste though! Do you still have mainly carrot sticks on FDs?
    DF- hope you get some holiday booked, & enjoy a lunch time walk.
    Minols- have a good day, sounds fun, didn’t know it was odd socks day, hope the children appreciate it!
    Jean- have a good day, whatever you do…
    Dave- hope that Denise isn’t too worried about tomorrow, & hope there’s no phone calls to cancel it again today!
    I’m nonFD again, keeping carbs low, been looking at some new recipes to try…
    I’m fasting tomorrow, have a busy day so it’ll go quick, but there will be lots of biscuit temptation 🙁

Morning All..
    A beautiful day here…Spring at last..

A good FD yesterday that’s two this week…and up on the scales??…food in transit I hope….NFD for us..

No idea what we are doing today…a few jobs to do, still the office, it’s a mess after the start, why do men do half a job?..windows may wait for the weather to settle properly..car wash…can’t really be bothered today with any!!

Tyhpoo..
    Still not feeling too well..take care fasting can wait…

Hedgehog..
    It’s not a true chutney only lasts a couple of weeks, see how we go with it..at least you know what goes in it…I have a Indian tomato one pending after this has gone….I really really like making cakes 😫

Steve upset at looking at the Easter Eggs he can see them and I can’t and on a FD 😂..cruel !

Have a good day going through or cooking your recipes…my sort of day…lol

The dog sounded a nightmare but enjoyed his self..😬

Dave..
    Glad the roof is fixed…hoping Denise is getting sorted and she goes through with it tomorrow with no hitches..

DF…
    Looking for holiday in May, hope you find something you fancy..something to look forward too…..let’s hope your walk clears the headache…

Pseu..
    Three fasts on the trot…that’s hard going…I think I have cereal bar recipes, I will have a look….I have not made any though…

Minols..
    Odd sock day….ummm…is it odd sock day or is it odd long socks so no one sees your legs??…or knickers…on the bike…lol…running seems to be getting better..😀..interesting for the wee ones..

Jean x

Minols; I sometimes eat in the evening somethings not, depends how hungry I am. Monday I wasn’t hungry at all, and my total came out at 92 cals for the day. Yesterday I had a cup soup at lunch, which was 100 cal, then carrots and hummus in the evening. I almost ruined it by eating a load of kiwis, thinking they were lower cal than they turned out to be, my total was still just under 400 though.
    I don’t generally eat in the day, so I don’t find that too much of a struggle, and once I get over the hump on the first day I find the other back-to-backs aren’t too bad, I find them a LOT easier than doing different days.

I’m guessing you mean 90 seconds rather than 90 minutes running? 😛

Ha, I’m an odd sock person too, it’s very rare I have time to hunt down a matching pair in a morning.

Hedgehogs; I haven’t been doing carrots and hummus as much as I was, last night was a first for a few weeks. I do find it good for feeling like you’ve eaten, partly because I cut the carrots up into fingers, so it takes longer to eat and makes me feel like I’m eating more than I really am. I had a look at the Deliciously Ella bars at Tesco, they were fairly high, but if you’re making them yourself maybe it’s possible to tweak.

Pseu, I’m looking forward to going away in the van this year. We’ve absolutely no where in mind, so it will be a case of stick a pin in the map, and go 🙂 there are so many nice places in the UK, so I’d like to go places I’ve never been before, see new things … 🙂 I live in the north, so hopefully we can venture further south.

Spring has sprung, lovely day here, about time too. Praying the phone dosent ring all day,would be awful if her opp got cancelled again.Talking about Easter eggs we have some in the kitchen,cant take my eyes off them.i love Easter eggs, resistance is futile.I have to be up at 5am tomorrow,used to like being up at that time because it meant that i only had one hour to go before i finished work,now it will feel like the middle of the night.

Mmm, I love Easter eggs too. I’ve been good so far, but it’s probably only a matter of time.

DF; sticking a pin in a map and just going sounds brilliant.

Afternoon all,

Pseudo, well done on the B2B. Do you find them as affective as splitting the days?

DF, a ‘wandering’ holiday sounds great. Love the idea of just going where the mood takes you.

Jean, hide the Easter Eggs. Poor Steve must be salivating.

Hedgehogs, I’m fasting today and trying to keep busy.

Typh00, hope you’re feeling better today.

Dave, it’s understandable that you and Denise are getting anxious about tomorrow after the previous cancellation. Make sure you keep us updated on how she is.

Met my boss for a chat about going back to work. Going to be working in a new area for a while with an option to go back to my old role if I choose, but will be a good way to get up to date with changes. Only a couple of weeks now, so not going to get finished all the jobs I’d planned, but going to try to do a few bits and take time to relax and get into a routine.

Just coffee so far for me today, hopefully can keep the rest of the day controlled. Been going astray a bit recently, but happy if I still keep to the FD even if I undo a bit on NFD. Think I may have soup again tonight, nice and easy and not too much time thinking of food.

Lynne x

Afternoon All..

A busy morning sorting the boy out in the office..about three hours now another hour more…he was sat looking at it in a muddle…so no walking yet for me it’s come real cold again…

A call from daughter, 18 year old grandson not well in Telford, one testicle was twice the size this morning, so he had to find a doctor ( his is here at home), the doctor sent him straight to hospital, that hospital sent him to another hospital…they think it’s twisted and he is waiting for an operation within the next hour..Mum and Dad are on the way to see him, bring him home and pack his flat up as he was leaving next week to go working on the road…his company let his flat mate/ other apprentice have the day off to run him about and stay with him..I thought that was thoughtful.

Pseu..
    Last FD for you hope all is well…

DF..
    We are going to Devon in June this year in the caravan….passed through about four times on the motorbike but never really stayed…always rainy (torrential) and foggy never really seen anything 🤞it’s supposed to be nice..I can’t believe what they tell me…😂..Kay may say different….

Dave..
    We like Easter eggs too..I think it’s the thin chocolate…Steve is drooling I may have to put them upstairs..

Lynne..
    It’s lovely to go back to work but will be strange as you have been off for a while…maybe doing something different will help until you decide…have a lovely controlled day…

Jean x

Pseu..
    Have you ever looked on line for “pickuplimes.com”…..its a vegan site but she has some different tasty things…she is a healthy nutritionist but doesn’t count calories, goes for healthy wholesome food..

She has utube videos on her site, lots of recipes….although I eat meat I eat some of her breakfasts..she sets them out with love and care…

Worth a look..

Jean x

Well yesterday’s FD was a fail. Already had plans for food today so will try again tomorrow!

Not done anything today, feel quite unmotivated and ill tempered. Don’t know why, maybe just coming down from the stress of last couple of weeks and now we are near enough done I’m not sure what to do next.

I went for an interview last Friday as receptionist at vets. Well I say interview but they didn’t really ask any questions as such just discussed the job etc. Anyway I havent heard a thing which I think is very rude even if I wasn’t successful. The job would have involved too much travelling between different surgeries and over 45 hrs a week but that’s not the point! Now feeling a bit useless as it was only just above minimum wage too!

I’m struggling with my back this afternoon too, feels like sciatica and can’t get comfortable unless I lie flat on my back. That’s making me bad tempered too!!

Grrr….I need a slap to snap out of it!!

Jean, hope your grandson is ok and gets sorted out quickly.

Lynne, that work option sounds like a fair one. Hopefully they will let you ease back into things rather than all full on straight away.

I love Easter eggs too but I don’t usually buy any as they seem a waste of money compared to buying a bar of chocolate. Might concede this year as my birthday is on Easter Sunday!
    Need to get some hot cross buns, preferably some of Typh00s magic ones!

Devon is beautiful!!! So many lovely places and scenic in all seasons. You must have just caught it on a bad day!!

I’m going to go for a 10 min walk in the sunshine to see if will lift my mood and if the exercise will help my back.

Can’t remember who’s fasting today apart from Pseu who seems to be rock hard in determination with continual b2bs!!

Kay x

Kay..
    Sorry you have knocked today…we will be fasting tomorrow with you..

When it gets nearer my holiday I might ask for some of your favourite places..we are staying at 5 different sites, on the south and north coast…..your photos look brilliant.
    I have never seen Dartmoor because of the weather, bits and pieces of other places, we did stay at the end of Cornwall but we were doing the bike treasure hunt so moving on a lot..all that area is very new to us….you seem to have brilliant weather all the time..walking on the beach and cliff tops..🤞 for us.

Hope your walk improves your mood and you feel better…we will be strong together tomorrow …

All our office looks spick and span now, loads thrown away and shredded…it needed both of us…lol

Jean x

This is torture hoping the phone stays silent,last time they called at 4pm so hopefully it will be ok this time. I love Devon we used to go to Paington quiet often, and Torquay is nice too.Grilled chicken,baked potato and green beans for my evening meal, looking forward to it.

Grandson out of surgery..it was quite bad thought he would loose the testicle..but they saved it…cut the blood supply off when twisted…good job he was quick at the doctors and they acted fast..

Mums with him but he’s groggy…bringing him back home tomorrow

Dave…Good luck to Denise for tomorrow send her our love and thoughts..x

Xx

Jean- your poor grandson, that’s really nasty & must have been very traumatic for him at his age. Good job they operated quickly; the NHS can still be good!
    Dave- I hope all goes well, my Dad got sent home on the morning when he went in for an op a few years ago (for cancer), that was so stressful. I had an op cancelled a couple of years ago so I know how you feel. Love to Denise & thinking of you…
    Kay- that seems to be the case with jobs these days, they don’t let people know, I had to ring up in the end about a job as I’d not heard, so don’t take it personally! Take it easy with your back- no wonder you feel grumpy… Hope that tomorrow’s a better day for you!
    Pseu- hope your FD has gone quickly, have a nice evening if you’re out tonight?
    Lynne- how’s the work on the bathroom going? Work plans sound good, not long now… Have you been missing it?
    Minols- hope the school visits went well, & the travelling…
    I love chocolate, but am with you Kay- they seem quite a waste of money for the weight of chocolate! But I like what they symbolise!
    Didn’t try out the new recipe- too lovely outside, so dug over the veg beds; aching now, obviously not done any digging since the autumn…

Viewing 50 posts - 16,401 through 16,450 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.