Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,889 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 1 hour, 1 minute ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 16,001 through 16,050 (of 35,375 total)

• Visiting times 10-8 I think, on my way out for dirty beer now 🤗

Just been out for a quick walk- it’s still lovely here. Feeling the hunger today- couldn’t resist 2 squares of chocolate though 🙁 (I’m doing shopping list ready as out early tomorrow, making a pudding for the weekend which can go in the freezer, had to check how much I need for the recipe, and the will power just went!) Might be a teensy bit over the 500 cals today!
    Lynn- yes we are sort of rural, definitely no decent bus service here! He’s been looking for a trade-in at work- of course there were several that would’ve been good before his accident, none now!!
    Dave- is it Wednesday that Denise is in? Enjoy the beer!
    Jean- hope you have a nice break in the caravan & that the weather is good.

Back home from drinking dirty beer had 8 pints do probably many calories.Still sober so not in bad books with Denise.Chicken dinner coming 😂😁

Evening All…

A busy day…the bikers helmet had to go back as too tight the larger one to big…fortunately he got his money back and it was a sales outlet…you can’t throw £400 away…

We went back to the car showroom..he promised me new mats, I had the old ones left in, Ok but not new..I have a thing about mats…he is supposed to be getting me some….I don’t do crappy mats…

Lynne..
    Well done on 2 lbs plus off..that’s good..yes the first trip of the season..going to Knaresborough near the walking course…

Hedgehog…
    A lovely day here..no walking for a few days now…nice you got out..I am sure it makes you feel better…good luck on the car, it’s hard if you are in a village ours is quite small, I think we have two buses an hour they have just cancelled one route…

Dave..
    I think Steve was in 6 days with both his partial knees..hope she goes on OK..

Jean x

Morning all! I’m guessing a lot are fasting today?
    NonFD for me, but will have to do a B2B at some point this week, my will power is not as strong as before Christmas though!
    Hubby has to go to his Dad’s solicitor’s office, so we’ll stop off at a butchers on the way & do a big shop on the way back, stocking up the freezer & cupboards, what an exciting life!
    Cakey- hope that your last day is good at Rutland!
    Kay- hope everything’s okay?
    Lynne- more decorating keeping you busy still this week? Hope that the kitchen doesn’t take too long?
    Jean& Steve- have a safe journey with your caravan, are you going far?
    Dave- hope you don’t have a headache today!!
    Typhoo- hope you had a good weekend & kept away from the dreaded Easter eggs in the shops?
    Minols- we miss you, hope you’re having a great time!

Change of plan- I’m not actually that hungry this morning, so I might as well join you in the fast today, that’ll fit in better with the stuff we’ve got planned for the rest of the week! (Unless hubby derails me & suggests getting something when we’re out!!)

Morning All…

A drizzle start but milder I think….

Setting off about 10.15 ..so getting the last few fridge things together…first trip of the season usually something is forgotten….About 1hour to get there and 1 hour to set up and have kettle on…

Laughed yesterday..we had egg and chips last night naughty but nice.. Steve was saying he was really ready to eat..then realised we hadn’t had lunch!!…I knew, we were busy….lol

Hedgehog…
    A busy day for you…it gets sadder as you get older…I just love a butchers it’s like a sweet shop…I just look and look and look…maybe I used to do that in a cake shop but not now..Steve looks like that at the pies and sausage rolls, smells them…we walk on…

Hope you sort everything at the solicitors….and all the shopping….and join us for a b2b….

Cakey Wakey..
    Safe journey back..hope you feel refreshed..it sounded lovely..

Minols…
    Are you back yet?…time to join us….

Kay..
    Are you about…keep popping by or the weight will come back on…I know how you are feeling, we are about the same, it’s so hard to hold tight…a couple of years you start getting fed up…hold strong..are you fasting today?

Lynne..
    A decorating week for you…did you find a bed?…fasting today?

Typhoo..
    All ok..are you with us today…

Have a good FD everyone…must dash…hope I have a Wi-fi signal on site…

We are fasting today and Thursday..

Jean x

Hello,

I’m still here though I may be shrinking in the best possible way it’s my FD today and going very well.

The scales have been very kind to me today as I have lost another two pounds which is a nice steady weight loss.

Hedgehogs,

I’m staying away from the Easter eggs as much as I can though I will have to buy something for my daughter, I’ll just eat a little if offered.

Arrived safely at site.. just having a cuppa.. a lazy day for us as we settle in..

Nordic Walking tomorrow so hoping for a dry hour.. not bothered for rest of time ..

We usually have a couple of the small Easter eggs.. we will eat them at a weekend..

Typhoo..
    Well done on the two pounds off.. you are getting into the swing now.. that’s good.

Well sitting here and feel hungry.. no alcohol with us this time 😱.. 😀

Jean x

Afternoon everyone,

CW, I’m fasting today as well, and avoiding the Easter eggs, but may just have one after lent as avoiding sugar until then.

Jean, glad you’ve arrived safely. So it’s just tea with you this time, no merlot? Hopefully you haven’t forgotten anything major.

Kay, how’s things? Give us an update if you get chance.

Typh00, you fasting today?

Dave, how’s the head? I get a ‘thick head’ if I have a couple of glasses or wine, I’d be under the table with 8 pints.

Hedgehogs, hope everything gets sorted at the solicitors. I’ve just finished settling Phil’s estate, the mortgage has finally been repaid, that was the last thing on the list so now all ‘debts’ are paid and all accounts/insurances settled.

Not really sure what to do about the decorating. Having a quote tomorrow for a new back door and window, so don’t want to do too much in the kitchen until that’s done or I’ll end up having to touch up. Same with spare room, the electrician can’t come until next week and I want to see if some wiring can be re-routed before opening the paint tins. Think I’ll try and get all the prep done and go from there.

Lynne x

Fast day today,had 2 cups of tea so behaving,The last hangover i had was over 40 years ago,to be honest i dont drink much these days,I have had 12 pints since January the first so not many units drank,going out again on Tuesday for a couple of hours then that will be it for a few months,the only time i drink in the house is Christmas and New year and then i only have a couple of pints.Having a nightmare,I have been hacked so busy changing all my passwords and phoning different companies.I may throw in a third fast day this week to make up for the beer consumed.Denise goes into hospital at 7am on Thursday so i will have to be up at 5am to avoid the rush hour on the M60

Pashaw,

I’m on a fast day today and hope to lose another two pounds next weigh in its a nice and steady amount.

How is your Fast going today?

I’m trying to avoid chocolate and hot cross buns every time I pass them they call my name saying eat me eat me 😲.

Typhoo- they know my name also, & call me very loudly… If you can have just a little (I’m not great at that!) they’d be okay on a nonFD? My youngest loves the Cadbury’s egg & spoon small eggs, he’s on his 3rd box already! & he loves hot cross buns for breakfast, luckily none in Asda today, they’re the only ones he eats.
    Jean- glad you’re in & settled- we always forgot a few things the first few visits of the season to our static caravan when the boys were younger… they were happy times ! 🙂 Hope the weather’s kind for the Nordic walking!
    Lynne- glad things are sorted for you- hubby had received a late check from the care home to pay in to his father’s estate (can’t grumble, the owner was very generous & hadn’t charged for the 2 weeks Dad was in hospital even though his room was held!). The paperwork has to be sent off for probate which’ll take a few months… Hope your FD is going well- is it a liquid one or will you wait & see? Frustrating having to wait to get the jobs done before you can crack on with decorating…
    Dave- glad you’re okay today! I’m sure you’ll be busy enough when Denise is in that an extra FD won’t be a problem. My aunt’s having her 2nd knee replacement on Wednesday, I think.
    FD going okay, really glad I decided to today! It’s so strange, today has been so much easier than yesterday!! Scales understanding of the amount I ate on Saturday, stayed the same so I’m pleased with that!

👋👋👋 Hi all!

Packing going ok but still no house!!!!!

Have to be out by 3 weeks tomorrow!

Eating and drinking a little off piste so the weight is up. Trying to be sensible but anxiety levels arent conducive to fasting!

Just going to make a cuppa and catch up posts….

Hello
    Fasting too. Last day of our little break, husband headed home as I travel to Birmingham for work tomorrow.

Can’t help but feeling it’s been cut short as inevitably clock watching all day, probably because we didn’t walk quite as far as planned as raining.

Still enjoyed a couple of coffees as we relaxed, not sure how but managed to resist the banana and walnut cake. Feeling slightly sluggish but hoping the fast day today and lots of miles walked will have curbed any lbs.

CW

Hi All..

Just had a fresh air walk around Knaresborough popped in cafe… umm… lovely cakes wrong day.. lol.. smell of fish and chips too ummm.. wrong day..lol

Very mild and no rain.. picked up a lovely multi coloured woollen scarf from a charity shop £1.50 .. nice.

Pork chops and salad tonight.. both hungry today.

Lynne..
    No merlot 🙁 Glad your estate is all sorted it’s a big worry and can be quite slow.. hope you find someone good to do your jobs..

Dave..
    8 pints = 1600 calories ouch !!
    Hope the heads good when you are not used to drinking..

Typhoo..
    Good luck hope the weight moves again next week..

Hedgehog..
    Glad the estate is all getting sorted for you too.. not found anything I have forgotten yet 🤞🏻

Kay..
    👋👋👋
    Wondered where you were..sorry nothing is on the horizon for you.. hoping something comes up soon, it’s a worry …do your best with fasting.. but keep with us..

Chops smelling nice 🤥

Keep strong everyone 🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️ We are nearly there.

Jean x

Head is fine,i dont get hangovers.Fast day going well,just had my first thoughts about food so i will try and use the microwave,fingers crossed.

Go on Dave, brave that microwave! Show it you aren’t scared! 😉

Got the hang of it,worked perfect,I have just noticed my TDEE has shrunk by1061,I am still under it everyday though.Will have to keep an eye on it.

Well done with the microwave!
    Ah yes the downside of losing pounds is your TDEE drops too….worth it thought!

Just going to catch up with Olympics action. Not seen any today.

Kay- hope that something turns up house-wise, is there a reserve house if nothing better comes up?
    Dave well done with the microwave! It might be worth looking at your TDEE for your target weight now you’re in the swing of it & keeping to that, it’ll help with not putting weight back on once you get lower?
    Jean- well done resisting those temptations while out, & you’re in holiday mode too!
    Cakey- glad you’ve had a good break, hope that the scales are nice to you, sounds like you’ve been very restrained while away!
    Lynne- hope you’ve stayed strong!
    Son has heard back from insurance company, he’ll get more than he thought for his car, so he’s chuffed. Needs to find something soon though before we go away next week, & boss can only give him lifts for this week! Boss is going to have a look for him for trade-ins across all the dealership, hopefully there’ll be something turn up, soon!
    Had my soup, looking forward to breakfast tomorrow!

Finished dinner.. glad we had our glasses on or we would of missed seeing the pork chop 😂..

I said they were small when we bought them Steve said we should be having less !!.. his fault ..

Roll on breakfast

Xx

Evening everyone

Jean, glad the chop was good, even if it was small. Enjoy the walking tomorrow.
    Typh00, hot cross buns are evil, especially the ones from Asda. I’m going to resist until Easter, one if never enough.
    Dave, so the microwave has been mastered! As suggested, look at the TDEE for target weight, or for a couple of stone lower than you are if target seems to far away, and check it regularly. You’re doing really well.
    Kay, everything crossed for you finding a house. I’d offer you my spare room, but it comes with a moody 16 year old, a grumpy old dog and 2 stroppy cats.
    CW, nice to have a few days away, sounds like you made the most of it.
    Hedgehogs, hope probate gets sorted, took just over a month for me. Hope your son manages to get a car sorted this week.

Well the sanding in the kitchen has been done, but still need to wash the walls down. Took ages to clean up all the dust. A bit of filling in the kitchen, spare room and stairs then need to think about what to do next.

Busy day tomorrow, with Hannah at the hospital for 9, but luckily only 10 minutes away. Will take longer to park and walk to the clinic than drive there. She’s having an ultrasound of her heart, and has just received an appointment for bloods to complete some genetic screening. We don’t think she has a genetic condition, but has a few ‘soft’ markers and GP and hospital just want to be sure. She’s hoping she can watch as they do the ultrasound, clearly destined to have a medical career.

Haircut as well after lunch, and the girls are kindly letting me treat them.

Not long to go now, one more cuppa before bed and will try to hold out until late morning before I eat tomorrow.

Lynne..
    You are a busy bee… you should be knocking the pounds off..all the work you are doing..

Hope Hannah gets sorted and nothing found.. have a nice time with the girls a nice break for all of you..

I wish I could get my daughters together with me for lunch or something… too many miles a part.. 🙁

Settling down to bed shortly usually so dark sleep like a log..

Jean x

Lynne- that sounds a worry with Hannah- hope all is okay & they let her have a look! You really sold your spare room!
    Jean- did your daughter go back to work okay yesterday? I hope that she copes & keeps up with all the things she’s put in place to improve her life. Have a great walk!
    Have a good day everyone else!
    I’m cooking today- making a chocolate terrine which can be frozen & sausage rolls. We were doing a buffet dinner for friends on Saturday, but found out last might that they can’t come after all (my friend is scatty & is always double booking!), only I’d bought lots of stuff yesterday morning… It’ll freeze & keep til Mother’s Day, family all coming round then!

Good Morning..
    A lovely blue sky day, a bit of a chill but will warm up a bit.

Walking at 11.30 then going to the York car showroom to collect the number plates with GB on and the mats are supposed to be there.

Hedgehog…
    Chocolate Terrine ummm I will look that one up lol..

Shame your visitors aren’t coming when you are all ready.. still you are ready for Mother’s Day ..

My daughter decided on another two weeks off, she was umming and aring, so decided she might not be quite ready. The head has agreed she is going in floating for a couple of days to catch up on paper work and going into the classroom when she wants to catch up on the children.. she is going in with a different work ethic and lists what she wants to do. She is much better. Thanks for asking.

Looking forward to breakfast this morning..

Jean x

Good morning all,lovely day here.Going shopping soon,it will be Denise`s last shopping day for a while,i will rope my son into going with me because we do our next door neighbours shopping too.I had a look at my TDEE and knocked two stone of it and i should still be under it on non fast days.

Hedgehog…
    OMG that chocolate terrine looks yummy..so naughty but I will be having a go.. special occasion..

Which recipe do you use.. is it on line ?

Dave..
    Have a lovely day out with Denise.. even shopping lol.. send her all our regards for the op..

Jean x

Thanks Jean i will do.

Jean- it’s from Mary Berry’s Cook now eat later book, it’s a double chocolate terrine, but I can’t find it online. (I got the recipe from a newspaper pull-out, I think). Do you want me to post it- it’s not very good for us!!
    Dave- well done for keeping low on your FDs. Enjoy the shopping!

Hi All

Just got back last night, and I’ve had a quick flick through today’s page, but I will nee ot try and roll back and catch up with the posts – anything really new and vital that I need to make sure I don’t miss??

Skiing was great – I had more fun than I’d anticipated, and got braver and faster than usual! The trip itself was complicated, though – lost luggage, airline incompetence at rectifying the situation, so frustration levels built up a bit! And then OH fell and twisted his knee. Such a shame because this is really his holiday – this is the one that’s important to him. Anyway, he’s going to be hobbling a bit, and I’ll need to do some insurance stuff to re-coup the costs, but we’ll get there.

Meanwhile, despite eating a lot of salad, I’ve put on quite a bit. All recorded in the tracker, and as usual, I’m ever hopeful that if I can get back on top of things quickly then the lbs at the top will go quickly. But essentially, I’d hoped to be down at 11st by Easter and I’m sitting here up at 12st – so I have quite a lot of work to do, and the Easter deadline is dashed!

Still, today I’m going to keep it low (soup and half a sandwich) and I’m hoping to get the boy involved in writing the shopping list to re-stock when I do the big shop this evening, and we’ll take it from there!

It will be good to be back in control.

Mx

Hello, hope all are well. Bit of a hit this weekend 6 hour drive back up north on Thursday the M1 flying the flag for our 3rd world approach to motorways as you can guess I was disappointed. My 2 boys did well to keep themselves entertained. Dropped my guard a bit, my mum cooks a great English breakfast. Trips out to High force in Teesdale and lunch in Barnard Castle all a real treat. Stopped in at Bettys in Northallerton for the mandatory Fat rascals and Fondant Fancies so not looking at the scales until I get a week of the gym and 2 FDs behind me!!. Keep on keeping on ….

Hello

Welcome back Minols, hope you’ve had a good hols and so sad to hear about husbands twisted knee; that sounds painful.

Hope you’re having lovely time in the caravan Jean, weather is set to turn cold, are you well insulated?

Betty’s is my favourite Michelinstar, I always have the breakfast rosti, nothallerton a nice place to wander too. A good cook shop at the top of the high street and Barkers towards the other end.

Definitely not looking at any recipes for chocolate terrine, not looking, not looking lalalala bit nice that you’re planned for mother’s day.l Hedgehogs.

Lynne, you’re like Wonder Woman with all your house improvements. It takes me a couple of years to think about let alone get round to doing anything. Hope it’s all coming together finally.

Kay – any news on the house? Good luck

Good luck also to Denise and to you Dave, you’ll be glad to get her safely back home.

I broke my fast at lunchtime with Mac n cheese, it was amazing but so filling. Calories were quoted at 533 which felt a lot but I’d had no breakfast and so filling I’ve had nothing else all day. Sometimes I try and look for low calorie snack but then because they aren’t filling I end up eating more. There’s something to be said for eating proper meals that stops me snacking in between on NFD. I shall mull it over.

CW

Evening All..

What a tester walk this morning puffing a bit both of us.. up and down hills…we had to come back to the caravan to change a bit on the sweaty side..I never get out of breath only with swimming so that was good.. no aching yet maybe tomorrow definetly feeling it when we were doing it..

Collected mats and number plates..they made a bit of a mess putting the tow bar on.. I was not happy.. the sales guy has ordered a new back panel for them to re do again.. I didn’t expect that but he agreed it was shoddy.

Hedgehog..
    I will look about on line.. I will shout if I need the recipe..I found a triple which sound good but easy to do two layers. Thanks.

Minols..
    Glad you had a wonderful holiday.. shame about hubbys twisted knee.. hope he soon feels well again. That’s the thing about holidays weight gain.. I am still trying to loose my America weight, still some to go.. that was September!

Mich..
    You sound as if you have had a good holiday too.. you have done some lovely things.. a good idea to hold off the scales for a week..

Cakes Wakey..
    Yes we are triple insulated and central heating.. we don’t like the ice and snow for touring.. home Thursday maybe before the weather hits us..

Glad the break went well.. good luck to Birmingham..

The walking may be off next week depending on weather..

Lovely pork dinner on, Yorkshire pudds, peas and roast potatoes .. smells delicious..

Jean x

Minols- glad you had a good trip & enjoyed the skiing… look after hubby! It’s the breakfast buffet gets me in Canada/ US!
    Mstar- definitely keep away from the scales!
    Cakey- I have been picking all day… but if I eat lunch time the I get peckish in the evening, can’t win!
    Jean- that’s an ambitious dinner for a caravan kitchen/ oven! Hope it’s good & glad that you enjoyed the walking.
    Got all the cooking done I needed too, freezers are full now… difficult day, missed my Josie lots, she’d have been hovering & under my feet in the kitchen 🙁

Good evening,

The fast day went well yesterday and not feeling quite so hungry today but have managed to eat.

I didn’t get any skipping done on my FD so that’s probably why will either do that or go out for a walk tomorrow.

Chocolate terrine sounds very nice I’ll have to look it up on Google, as this isn’t really a restricted diet I’ll probably have a small Easter egg next month or whenever Easter is this year.

Hedgehog..
    We have been away in the caravan at xmas three years on the trot, a few years ago, and did a three course full xmas dinner..just needs thinking out.

Never do sausage and beef burgers ….lol

Love my bbq too .. too early yet..

Tyhpoo..
    Hope you get your skipping in tomorrow 😀

Pouring with rain and very windy now🙁

Jean x

Porridge for dinner/supper tonight. Was mooching through the cupboards for something (even though freezer absolutely full)

What strange tastes I’ve had today, very calorific mc n cheese and then porridge. Yet ended the day on 1500 calories well within my TDEE of 1600.

Fasting tomorrow, is anyone joining me?

No damage done from weekend away but nothing lost either.

Impressed with the ‘Sunday dinner’ in a caravan! Sounds lovely.

How long do you skip for Typhoo? Do you need to go outside? I bought some proper skipping ropes a couple of years ago but never even tried them. I do love my weighted hula hoop though but not for back into that either at the moment

CW

Evening everyone

Minols, lovely to have you back, shame about the luggage and OH knee.

CW, your NFD sound so much more controlled than mine.

Jean, we had a static for years and went there one Boxing Day when Bec had chicken pox, but I rarely made a cooked dinner.

Mstar, sounds like a great break. I take it you hale from the north, not been there much but the M1 does not appeal.

Hedgehogs, I missed the over-critical 19 year old from my list of attractions. Hannah was gutted that she had to lie on her side and couldn’t see the echocardiogram, especially as she’d recently studied it in uni. Hopefully all just a precaution. Funny the things that remind us of our furry friends, hope you remembered Josie with a smile.

Dave, hope Denise enjoyed her shopping trip. You really must stop spoiling her. Hope everything goes well on Thursday. Do you have far to go to the hospital?

Typh00, well done on controlling the NFD today.

So, hospital, haircut for us all, and Hannah stayed until around 6 so a nice day together. Fajitas for supper, but still feeling I fancy something nice. Have given up sugar, but not alcohol (don’t usually have much), so 2 glasses of rose and 2 large baileys tonight. Raised eyebrows from Bec. Off for a coffee.

FD due tomorrow, today’s scales showed 9 something for the first time in decades, but not for how long after tonight’s indulgences.

Lynne x

Lynne- glad you have a nice evening, & well done on the scales! You had a static caravan too? I loved ours, but once the boys were in high school they had other things to be doing at weekends, so it wasn’t worth the site fees if we couldn’t go up lots.
    Typhoo- I got a skipping rope for Christmas- I haven’t used it yet! It would have to be done outside…
    Cakey- sounds like you needed lots of carbs yesterday! It’s strange the things we crave sometimes! You did so well to stay the same after your trip; I know I won’t be after ours next week! I’m fasting today, so with you. Picked at stuff too much yesterday, so I need it!
    Jean- hope you’ve survived the windy night! Do you bother with an awning this time of year?
    My nearly 19 year old was very stroppy last night, Lynne! Getting cross about cars- he still wants a reasonably pokey one, something he can be proud to drive, tried to make him understand that a) he needs a car for NEXT WEEK, and b) it’s only for a couple of months most before he’ll get a work car- aaagh! Looking at one today- he rejected the sensible choice one with low mileage, but other one he’s looking at seems not too bad. It’s not one that youngest son would want afterwards though!

Morning All..
    Another very rainy night.. looks brightening a bit now.

No pain this morning so that’s good thought we would be after the hard hill walking yesterday ..

We are going into Harrogate for a look around a coffee shop should be calling .

Cakes Wakey..
    Strange eating pattern yesterday hope it’s calmed down.. our bodies are odd at time..I attacked a wonderful granary cob yesterday no wonder I try to never buy one.. it was for Steve for two days, about gone now!

Lynne..
    Well done on getting to 9 something that’s great.. I would like to get to the high 10’s, might be a bit low for my height.

It’s nice to have a drink if you fancy one or two..we don’t drink much now, I like a red with food..

Hedgehog..
    Good luck with the car.. has to be street cred or he won’t want it ..lol

No awning this time more in the summer and depending on weather, chairs and bbq out.

Have a good fast day everyone.. we will be fasting tomorrow..

Jean x

Morning all.

NFD today – will try my first FD tomorrow.

Did a ‘made up’ dinner last night – usually a disaster, but actually not too bad. We’re calling it ‘sweet lamb pie’. For once I used lamb mince, and then just added a few things out of the store cupboard. The red wine vinegar from the very back was a bit of a gamble, so I added a teaspoon of honey, and put both kumara and carrot in it, then topped it with thin slices of kumara sprinkled with salt. Family verdict – I can cook that again!

Hedgehogs – sorry to pick up that Josie has gone while I’ve been away. So sad for you. Our old boy is slowing down, but seems to have had a lovely time with the carer we’ve found for when we’re on holidays now.

Today is a catch up day at work, so I’ve packed myself a lunch of half a sandwich and a tub of skyr with berries and seeds. Hoping to keep it light with a salad tonight and ease myself in to a FD tomorrow. Right now, though, realising that my caffeine levels also crept up while on holiday, and my head is starting to throb because I’ve only had decaff so far today…may need to go and rectify that!

Good luck if you’re fasting (just a couple, I think?)

Mx

Another sunny day here, had more beer last night so the scales will be bad this week 😫The hospital have just rang and cancelled Denise’s operation 😔 so I don’t know when she will have it now. Going alcohol free for a couple of months now, must get back on track.

Dave- that’s so frustrating, but not unusual, sadly… I guess you’ll be able to have a lie-in before the tiler comes tomorrow?! Poor Denise, thinking of her.
    Minols- thanks, glad your old dog was fine with the dog sitter. Josie’s dog sitter was very upset when we told her, I was selfish & couldn’t cope with letting anyone know beforehand who might have wanted to come & say goodbye, I couldn’t cope with it. Really stupid I know, I cleared out all her stuff (only to the shed) straight away, but now I can’t bring myself to clean the back door of all the doggy nose prints…
    Had a really gnawing, painful stomach today, had to have some gaviscon to settle it. Probably the unhealthy stuff I ate yesterday…
    Cakey- hope you’re doing okay?

Hi All..

We walked around Harrogate two pairs of trousers bought and a top.. trying to get away from jeans and smarten up a bit..

Betty’s for lunch, ham salad and cake .. it’s a must, it’s a well known cafe, in York too, expensive and you queue to get in.. old fashioned really served lovely.. people were faffing sort of shall we or not go in, near the door .. so we went in and realised we jumped the queue 😂 .. it was very nice anyway..lol

Minols..
    Hope the caffeine head settles.. we will be fasting with you tomorrow..

Hedgehog..
    The upset comes and goes.. it took us 9 months to move Symba’s bed.. it looked so empty without it, so we put it back..I don’t know what people thought when they visited..

Weight will be up for us I think, had some big dinners here…

Dave..
    Sorry on the operation, a bit upsetting really you get your head into gear to go…hope it’s soon.

Jean x

I have fond memories of Betty’s in York from 30 odd years ago! As students we hardly ever went, but when we graduated a bunch of my girl friends and I dressed up in our ancient Laura Ashley or Monsoon and went for an elegant tea at a window table followed by a ride on the traditional carousel that was set up and the Castle Museum, and then a picnic… Oh we looked like so many English roses! What it was to be young!! Still have the outfit, too. Every few years I toy with incorporating it into a patchwork… And then put it back lovingly into my ‘stash’ – passed on my wedding dress with barely a qualm…. it wasn’t half so usefully gorgeous!

Mx

Minols, glad you had a great time skiing, although hope the OH’s knee gets better quickly. Whats kumara??
    Ill be joining you in fasting tomorrow.

Jean and Steve, looks like you are enjoying your break!

Dave, what a shame about Denise’s op being cancelled. Heres hoping it gets resheduled very soon.
    Are you really going to go alcohol free?? Im not sure I could do it! Particularly with the rugby being on and the F1 starting soon…lol

Hedgehogs, hope your son gets a car sorted soon which is suitable all round! I can imagine how you still feel about Josie. I wish we were moving at a time which coincided with saying goodbye to ellie, but of course I am pleased that she is still holding on and with us.

CW, glad there was no damage from your fab weekend. Hows the FD going?

Typh00, have you managed any skipping?

Mstar, hard to believe that any motorway is worse than the M6, but your journey sounded dire! I dont blame you avoiding the scales until you are back in the swing of things.

Lynne, hope you get to see those 9s again soon. Its been a while since I saw them! But I’ll get back there. Well done for cutting out the sugar. Im thinking of doing it for March.

My weight is still up, but purely because Ive been eating too much! Im going to try a FD tomorrow, with those of you are fasting.

We are finally viewing houses on Saturday, so hopefully there will 1 which will be fine and then 2 weeks to finish packing and sort out the move. That will keep me active and busy!!

Kay x

Oh Kat… Good luck for Saturday. It’s horrible that you hit this uncertainty so often.

Kumara is simply sweet potato… It came into fashion here while we were living in NZ where its been a staple since Maori crossed the Pacific and it’s known as Kumara. It’s so basic it is even in their re-working of the 11days of Christmas. It’s one of the few NZ hangovers we cherish – along with ‘morning tea’!

Well, just had a very satisfying caesarea salad that I think will be the back mine of tomorrow’s FD. Can’t wait to get back on with things.

Mx

Evening everyone,

Hedgehogs, hope your son manages to ‘settle’ for something reasonable in the short term and maybe something that can be handed down.

Jean, the Nordic walking seems to suit you both. Can you do it without needing to attend a class?

Minols, glad the dog sitter worked out, such a weight off your mind.

Dave, sorry to hear about Denise’s cancelled op, so common at this time of year. How long has she been on the waiting list? Here they often use a private hospital when the waiting list gets too long.

CW, are you fasting with me today?

Typh00, I haven’t skipped for more years than I care to mention. I’d want the privacy of indoors, but wouldn’t have the room.

Kay, fingers crossed for the viewings on Saturday. I’m sure one of them will measure up.

This week has been a bit of a write off doing anything around the house, but with Bec on half term it’s nice to be around, even if it is just to help with maths homework as Steve is not available (Jean I’m sure you could spare him for a few days). Hanging in with a liquid day so far today.

Tomorrow is prom dress shopping. Quite a few of her friends already have theirs and I’d rather have the distraction now than closer to exams and whilst I’m off work and we can shop on a weekday. I think it’s going to be a long day as she wants to look in all the large department stores and anywhere else there might be something suitable, so going to be a long day and we’ll probably get lunch whilst we’re out.

Hope my fellow fasters are holding strong and good luck for tomorrow, Jean, Steve, Minols, & Kay.

Lynne x

Hello

Feeling conspicuous by my absence but it’s no use, I can’t hide any longer, todays fast just didn’t happen. It kind of did until lunchtime, then tried to curb the dragon with a hard boiled egg, then a marmite sandwich and a sugar free jelly…. then it all went downhill. I did just have home made veg soup for dinner, but that’s s not the issue, it was the M&S chocolate teacakes left over from the girls visit that were my undoing.

Yesterday I felt so good in new clothes and lots of comments where people have noticed I’ve lost weight to today where I feel urgh and bloated. I know I just need to write today off and a proper fast day will undo the damage and restore my equilibrium.

But anyway, all your updates far more interesting and kept me going.

Jean – New clothes and lunch in Betty’s, sounds like an ideal day out. Maybe one day all us Fast Brits could arrange a get together in Betty’s, wouldn’t that be something. Said by someone so shy that blushes saying hello to the next door neighbour. I once went to Slinming World and got chatting to the lady sitting next to me. All evening she kept saying she recognised me and we tried to figure out where from eg from chapel or Work or something. It was only at the end of the evening that she asked where I lived and to my horror, turned out we actually lived next door and had done do a couple of years. I try to defend that by the fact her house is around the corner so we never actually see each other going in or out. But there was no excuse really other than abject shyness.

I’ll keep optimistic for new home and new car for son Hedgehogs and Kay. Are you having a few days hols HH?

Lynne – prom dress shopping suh a lovely thing to do together. One of my girls had short navy dress from Coast, the other a long red, off the shoulder made to measure. My girls couldn’t be more different. I still have both their dresses but they’ll not wear them again for sure.

Dave, sorry about the hospital woes and also the alcohol abstinence – sure it will be worth it

Ah Laura Ashley dresses Minols, I still love them even now. When I was about 18 I had one that was navy and like a sailors dress and thought I was the bees knees.

Was feeling so restless tonight. Finished up at work and felt too tired to start anything but then too bored not too. Roped my H in to a few jobs, putting up new clothes line, sorting out cake cupboard (equipment not food), trip up the loft to put pictures up, never to be seen again and bring some rubbish down. Like vertical blinds – from our last house that don’t fit any of our windows and now smell musty from the loft. Why do we keep so much stuff, just in case!

Anyway it cured some of my restlessness. Probably need a new book to start.

Always wanted to go on a retreat eg a yoga or mindfulness or spa retreat but never been able to justify the cost. I read last week about a place offering reading retreats. Beautiful smalll boutique hotels offering peace and tranquility away from phones and technology with time to just read on big soft comfy sofas. No interruptions other than delicious coffee or cakes at various intervals. Books either recommended or bring your own. Sounds totally lavish and self indulgent with a cost to match. But also secretly very lovely too.

Random thoughts, sorry for long post

CW

Viewing 50 posts - 16,001 through 16,050 (of 35,375 total)

You must be logged in to reply.