Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,907 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 6 hours, 19 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,951 through 16,000 (of 35,393 total)

• Hello everyone

Fasting today although resolve not feeling as strong,I noticed when I fed the birds and thinking the bread looked nice. Is anyone else fasting?

The park sounds a cold place today, you’ll have to wrap up and do lots of running around after little ones to keep warm hedgehogs.

The Woof has gone to work with his Dad the last two days so I haven’t even needed to take him out so steps low, feeling my muscles today after yoga though.

Popping out tonight to get provisions for the weekend in the cottage, that makes it feel not so long to go. Also will call in to have lunch with our youngest on the way down so looking forward to that.

Time to get on with my work.

CW

Morning All…
    A very cold morning the poor birds sat in the tree..Steve on morning cuppa in bed run so he fed them..

We are not aching much this morning..know we have done something…we both have had three nights of bad sleep…Steve must of got up three times, while I lay there…😬😬😬😬

Grandson coming at lunch time..I have given in and making some cookies for HIM….hoping to keep off them…strange as usually we have two, the other is away working and doing his own thing now…

Hedgehog..
    Wrap up warm for your park outing ..looks colder than yesterday…we are having our valentines meal on Saturday although steak and jacket.. hopefully thoughtful. Boys gone by then.

We always eat at the table..maybe lunch time crumpet or sandwich we have on our knee..

Cakey Wakey..
    Nice to have two days off from dog walking or maybe not…lol..you had a good session at your yoga..daughter went last night to yoga she may be aching this morning…she is a lot better, thinking of going back to work on Monday..

Thinking ..a lot of her problems were with her husband and herself..she has definitely pulled the rein in and given him what for…10 weeks down the line..and all seems well..very big changes she said, and there is.. time for her self, sent him to the gym, new eating plans totally unheard of, away this weekend, adult time together, no football, TV off and talking together..we see the changes but will it last, I hope so.

Dog coming home today.🤞…apparently she will have good and bad days..upped her painkillers

Have a good day all…

Jean x

Painting in kitchen done,I didn’t mind painting years ago but now I find it a chore these days.Heidi my dog has got a bit more room now the old freezer and microwave have gone, will take her out soon but it’s been raining all day.

Hi – I’m new to this but finding I’m getting quite bad headaches on FDs. Anyone else had the same? Does it continue or does the body adjust? I’m liking the eating plan, but struggling with the headaches.

Any thoughts from those more experienced in 5:2 than me?

Caroline

KTC. The headaches should go away. Your body is using processes it hasn’t used for a long time, possibly never. It will adjust very quickly.

Hi KTC! I’ve had headaches when I’ve cut down on carbs, & also caffeine- not sure which was causing it, they’ve gone off now. Make sure you drink plenty of water, it could be otherwise you’re a little dehydrated?
    Jean- sounds like your daughter is getting things sorted! Glad she’s feeling better & might be going back to work, hope it all lasts… Stay strong against the cookies!
    Cakey- hope you’re doing okay today- B2B can sometimes be tough! Especially if you’re shopping for nice food for the weekend?!
    Dave- you’re getting sorted, I bet Heidi is happier now! I love doing painting on the walls, but hate woodwork…
    Not too cold at the park, it was quite bright here for a bit, & I was wrapped up warm with my thermals on!

My daughter and grandson are here now,we are all going to the ice hockey later my son goes too.My grandson has gone upstairs probably playing computer games with my son.Its stopped raining so time for Heidi to go walkies.

Afternoon All..

Grandson here now…pizza for tonight a very very thin one for us…shared…

Dave..
    Well done on the painting and more space for Heidi ..enjoy the ice hockey this evening…

Caroline…
    Could be lacking in salt, the headaches…a drink of oxo/ Bovril or a wet finger dipped in salt to taste a couple of times…and up the water..come and join us for a chat and support…

Hedgehog..
    4 cookies down already…😬..very nice but small…no more…..pouring down here glad you enjoyed the park..

Cakey Wakey..
    A b2b it’s a hard one..well done…keep strong..

Jean x

Hi thanks Penguin and Hedgehogs. I’m trying to drink more and have tried some miso in case it is lack of salt. I also suffer from caffeine withdrawal headaches when I attempt to cut out caffeine. I’m drinking loads of caffeine at the mo, though. So I’ll tough it out and hope they become less frequent. I’m quite hopeful about this 5:2 lark.

Evening everyone

Made it through the day no problem, including 2 litres of water. Been to Sainsbury’s and home, about to make FD tea. That’s 3 days B2B, no more fasting until Monday, will enjoy the weekend but will try to be mindful.

The Woof however has not been mindful as I’ve learnt that at work with husband he managed to score a stea pie all of his own at their pie & pea supper.

Caroline, headaches will ease, I remember them at the begining too. Also indigestion, but that stopped after a week or two as well. Agree with all the others re salt and/or water.

My commitments for lent – always carry a coffee cup so as to never have to use a throwaway cup. No cup no coffee! 2 litres of water and a daily yoga practice.

No company for Valentine’s night apart from the dog who is home now. Although my totally unromantic husband bought me a CD of Elvis love songs after hearing me say I liked Elvis over Christmas. I’m a bit shell shocked and he is totally in the good books.

Right where’s my tea/dinner (depending upon whether you’re northern or southern)

CW

Cakey- enjoy a soppy dinner with your dog! Hope that the 3 FDs goes well with the scales! Your Lent plans sound good.
    Had a big scare tonight- eldest rang to say he’d had an accident on his way home from Lincoln… his fault but luckily no-one was hurt, his car will probably be a write off. We had to go & get him, at least he wasn’t too far from home. We’ll have to run him to work for a few days until he gets a replacement car (hopefully) with his insurance policy. Just a bit stressed!
    Jean- hope you enjoy your grandson’s company!

Goodness what a shock Hedgehogs and so glad he is ok. That’s all that matters, although I bet he is shaken up.

Cakey Wakey..
    I didn’t know it was three on the bounce..😬😬😬..hard…are you going away this week to the cottage?

Looks as if the woof isn’t fasting 😂..bless..he may have whispered to husband on the CD..

I like the coffee cup idea for Lent…I really hate the plastic..I have seen it all over when on holiday littering the beaches and sea…

I get my dinner and tea thing from my abroad daughter She says I confuse the children..😂..so to me it’s not a north or south thing…lol

Hedgehog..
    What a worry about your son so glad he’s fine..a parents worse nightmare..so sad on the right off car…but he’s fine..hope you are all OK very upsetting..

All well here with grandson…

Jean x

Ice hockey was good, we beat Coventry 4-3,my grandson enjoyed it and wants to go to speedway next.The motorway was closed coming home so a bit of a nightmare coming home.

Dave- glad you all enjoyed the ice hockey! Motorway probably closed because of some wally like my son driving too close in the wet…
    Jean- have a good day with your grandson!
    Son’s very kind boss offered to give son a lift, (we forgot he lives close to us!) so didn’t have to be out so early, up anyway though!
    FD for me- Thursday’s usually quite a popular one for FDs, anyone else fasting? Had a sneaky look at the scales & no movement this week, so strange after quite a bit last week! 🙁

Morning All…
    A lovely day and getting better…

Going for my re call for another mammogram..my first film wasn’t good…a pain….

Then we are going to lunch out well grandson is..we are watching lol. and a treat for him…we will be having a cuppa tea…one maths paper done yesterday another one this morning, he isn’t as bad as we thought maybe it’s nerves at the exam….

Dave…
    Looks like we are both having grandson time….glad he enjoyed the ice hockey…

Hedgehog…
    Hoping you are all OK..it sometimes hits you later on what might of happened…as you say wally, you learn the hard way..at least he and everyone were safe…good the boss is helping him out and you..

We are fasting today with you…as you loose more you will slow down..up and down..you do tend to move the pounds usually….hope to hold our own this week…cookies and pizza are not good but not too much..Steve was dabbling with the cookies when we had already started to fast last night 😮..that’s why I never have anything in…only hidden somewhere he doesn’t know..lol

Anyone else joining the mass fast today?

Jean x

Hi…

We are both doing well…a cuppa before going out..no rumbling tummies but it’s still early..Steve and Grandson working on paper two…struggling on this one…😬

Just cooked a chicken for tonight to have cold with a salad…grandson likes a salad as long as there’s lots of bits and pieces…

All very quiet on here hope everyone’s OK…

Jean x

Yes I am fasting today,had a cuppa and 2 biscuits up to now,my knee is painful today hence the 2 biscuits so I can take a naproxen, only 86 calories.We are going to do a bit of wallpapering today so that should take my mind off food,only downside I sometimes feel like a cigarette when papering, will never have one though.

Afternoon everyone

Sorry I’ve not been about, laptop issues. New one bought at beginning of January has developed a fault, so spent all day yesterday trying to fix it, no luck so about to call the helpdesk, looks like I bought a lemon.

CW, well done on resisting the pancakes, that’d never happen here.

Jean, glad it’s going well with the grandson, some of the maths papers seem harder than others, luck of the draw.

Hedgehogs, what a relief your son is alright, such a worry when they’re driving, think they’re invincible but at least no one was hurt. Thanks for thinking of me, fortunately we never did more than a card for Valentine’s Day so yesterday was alright.

Dave, it’s good when you can go to the ice hockey with the family, very family orientated, never any trouble apart from on the ice.

We all really enjoyed the pancakes on Tuesday. Hannah’s boyfriend had bought her a crepe maker and got the hang of it after the first one. It is always the toppings that are the problem, but given up sugar for lent now so no regrets.

Yesterday was meant to be a FD, managed most of the day then had a ciabatta roll, butter, cheese and ham, so not my usual liquid only, but not horrible. Not sure whether to try for one tonight or no, see what Bec wants for tea.

Windows just changed and garage door/side door being done now, but a problem with clearance on the path. Now need a quote for a new backdoor and window.

Hannah goes on placement in 2 weeks, so into full ‘list making’ mode. Her first one is ‘community’ so really vague and the furthest away, but she’s had details of all 8 placements and is really happy as her orthopaedic one includes 4 theatre sessions so she’ll be watching a knee replacement, hip replacement, ACL and spinal surgery. Good thing she’s not squeamish.

Think the decorating may start again next week, but having a bit of a break this week. Half term here next week, so perhaps I’ll have some help. Or perhaps not.

Lynne x

Lynne- eek, the laptop! Our ‘family’ one is fairly new but never runs very well, everyone tries to pinch mine! Week off decorating sounds a good idea; can’t imagine you’ll get any help next week!
    Dave & Jean- well done so far! I’m sorry, I’ve bailed out today, big time! Hubby has jury service soon, so wanted to do a trial park & ride run & find the court house, ended up in the town afterwards & he needed a treat…poor thing, I keep putting him off going out to eat or having chocolate at home because of me trying to diet, but his taste is starting to go again, & after yesterday he needed a boost, so we went to a crepe/ waffle house & indulged!! I really struggled to get through mine, it was so rich, but bravely soldiered on…! So tomorrow might have to be a FD instead!

Well that’s me done for 4 days – such a good feeling. What’s not a good feeling is the 1000 cals of rubbish consumed today. Still within TDEE but why can’t I just eat sensibly on NFD. I had no intention of any Percy pigs whatsoever.

Crepe/Waffle House sounds good Hedgehogs & hope your boy has no soreness or bruises after yesterday.

Lynne you’ve been so busy, enjoy the few days before starting again.

Take it easy with the knee Brads and hope the fast going well.

Enjoy the time with your grandson, you sound like you’ve got it all under control. Also impressed with those maths papers, I wouldn’t know where to begin.

Hope you’re ok Caroline and Typhoo

Going to hear a music band tonight – not my choice but nice start to the weekend, then home to pack. The Woof is taking more stuff than me.

Hi Folks,

I ventured out this morning in the cold forgot to put my hat on so my fault.

Had a wander around Tesco and I’m sure they are trying to ruin my will power by having row upon row of Easter eggs it’s just not fair infamy infamy they’ve all got it infamy 😉.

I’m very shortly going to begin my FD will be hoping to report good news from the scales on Monday.

Lynne…
    I am no good at the maths papers..Steve is quite good on most of the questions…nice to have got the garage doors done ….must be looking lovely and tidy…..our grass is in a great need of a cut but too wet. Hope you get the laptop sorted..we are not too savvy..just fiddle on…

Glad Hannah is pleased with her placement…definitely not my cup of tea now, I was much better when younger not so squeamish then…

Hedgehog..
    The waffle house sounded nice a bit cruel on a FD..I could of easily soldiered on a nice crepe, cream, chocolate, banana…Yes please….

I didn’t have the heart to stop Steve with his cookies last night..he is usually so good…

Cakey Wakey..
    Enjoy the band a lovely start to the weekend…have a good break at the cottage…

Our woof is doing really well..she wants to be on the bed and settee and is supposed to stay on the floor no jumping up or down..the double bed now is like a play pen, hardboard on the end and side, bed pushed to the wall and top head board…she is there laid on the electric blanket…it’s going to be a long three months..she has to be lifted off…all’s good…

Jean x

Jean- I feel for your step-daughter; really hard keeping them quiet. Josie had to have a cruciate ligament repair, that was a nightmare. We fenced her in round her bed when anyone came, but she still tried to jump up, had to help her on the kitchen floor so she didn’t slip, ice her knee every hour to stop swelling… it never repaired very well & we were so careful.
    Lynne- Hannah’s placements sound really interesting, I’d love it!
    Cakey- have a really great time, hope you have good weather, or a lovely cosy place if not!
    Typhoo- hope your FD goes well tomorrow, I’ll be joining you (hopefully!)

Pasha there was a good few penalty minutes,one thrown out of the game,our captain is serving a 4 game ban.
    When my laptop slows down I usually Format it,its not as scary has it sounds,it then works like new.

Hedgehogs I hope I dont get jury service again,dont think my knees would take it,I have done it 4 times already.
    Food time we have papered a fair bit of the kitchen,will do some more tomorrow,I expect my legs will be aching tomorrow after all the ups and downs on the stepladders.

Morning all! Awake early again, makes the FDs longer 🙁 !
    Dave- 4 times for jury service, that’s unlucky! I’ve never done it, but would like to, hubby was moaning about doing it… I think it can be quite boring? My sister went in every day but got sent home a lot of the time- she thinks it’s because she ticked the box to say she could go straight back to work if she wasn’t needed! Hubby will be missing out on work but as it’s casual not contracted. Hope your legs are okay today! I really hate wallpapering, we just emulsion everywhere now. Are you interested in the winter Olympics as you watch some sport?
    Hope everyone else is okay today!
    Typhoo- hope you have a good FD too!

Hello on this bright beautiful day

4x jury service, my goodness. I dread getting called to do it. I don’t even listen to the news because I don’t like hearing bad stories.

Started on our journey, the tradition is to get a coffee just as we join the motorway at McDonalds (McDs make quite nice coffee), but I’m refusing to use disposable cups. So went to Greggs instead and they filled my own reusable cup.

Early start Hedgehogs, have you got a busy day ahead or do you just wake early?

Glad your daughter’s Woof is making progress, I couldn’t lift our heavy lump, especially if people keep feeding him steak pie. He’s in the back of the car in a huff. He hates the car but we did have a good long walk first thing. Nice and light on a morning now.

Typhoo – hope your fast day is good and anyone else fasting today.

Hope you get your laptop issues sorted Lynne, it’s one of those mysteries. When I started working from home I treated myself to a Mac. It seemed extravagant at the time but it has been so good. It gets used all day every day for work and hasn’t ever let me down.

Hello also to Dave and Caroline.

I’m not sure I’ll be the best role model the next couple of days but I’ll keep checking in to keep me accountable and hopefully not gain anything. Lots of walking too although numpty here forgot to charge Fitbit

CW

Yes I like the winter Olympics, we got our first medal so let’s hope for more.I an up early today, couldn’t sleep, looking out if the window the car is frozen so I will have a cup of tea and then take Heidi out for a walk. Jury service is very boring when you are not on an actual jury, you can be at around for hour upon hour, you usually get sent home 2 or 3 times during your service,if you get on a long case it can last for months,I think they warn you if it’s going to be a long one and give you the option of not doing it.

Morning All…

A lovely day here too…

Steve’s on a roll 2 lbs off, me stayed the same ☹️ although I am a few pounds up since December I have lost 5 1/2 inch around my body??..although upping my steps I can’t think it’s muscle??…I keep thinking I feel thinner and don’t understand the scales..well the the tape measure 😂 can’t lie…

I was asked to do jury service once..I said yes but “did they have child care for two young children” that did the trick I was excused..😂..still I had no one to have them…

Dave..
    One medal hope we are on a roll…I hate summer Olympics..I do like to watch these…hope your legs aren’t too bad this morning…

Hedgehog..
    I see the morning e mail and I say to Steve ‘hedgehog’!…you are usually the first, you are up so early….I am usually right.

Cakey Wakey..
    Enjoy your break ….weather not too bad at the moment…I am with you on the plastics, so hard not to use them at home and supermarket…is the cottage far from you?

We keep looking at a Mac…but I must finish my book as I would hate it not to transfer it over..it’s a thought to the future, still I do a lot on the iPad, and print off, so it would only be for other things..??

We are off to pick up our ‘new’ car this morning..still thinking automatic 😬..I hope it works out..

Off away in the caravan on Monday to Thursday..looking forward to that..near the walking course for Tuesday..we will still be fasting…

Taking Grandson out for a meal and a game of pool tonight ..just a change for him..

Jean x

Morning everyone

Waiting for the garage fitters to come, they need a different motor so not sure what time they’ll turn up. The laptop has to be returned for repair. Thankfully quite new so not much on it and I do usually back it up, but a couple of probate things I could have done without losing, but nothing vital.

Dave, sounds like your captain’s a bit feisty, Devils have had a few of them over the years, always very entertaining. To anyone who doesn’t follow ice hockey it must sound barbaric, but it’s all part of the sport and off the ice the players tend to be quite mild mannered.

Jean, glad the dog is getting better, I’m sure it’s getting plenty of TLC.

CW, have a great break. The girls both have Macbooks and I generally have a work’s laptop, so just generally get something for ‘household’ stuff, but it’s getting a bit more use whilst I’m off work.

Hedgehogs, I’m fasting with you today. Are you naturally an early bird, or it is just a ‘phase’. I would usually fall into the ‘night owl’ category but can’t stay in bed like I used to, or like Bec who could be nocturnal.

Typh00, are you with us on a FD today?

So nothing much planned today, can’t really go far until the garage is finished then need to get in there and have a good sort out over the next couple of weeks, or maybe when it gets warmer.

Think today will be a day spent looking for a new bed for Hannah and an electrician. When the stair lift was removed they left some of the wiring, and when we had the bathroom converted they ran a wire in trunking down the wall of the spare room. Want to see if there’s another way to get power to the shower before I begin the decorate the room. Only problem is I hate having to try and find tradespeople, so going to do a it of digging around and see if I’ve got details of anyone I’ve used before.

So I think Hedgehogs and Typh00 may be joining me on a FD. Anyone else?

Lynne x

Lynne..
    Lots going on for you but the jobs are getting done…new bed to seek out for Hannah. Good luck on the trunking hoping you find someone to help cheaply if that’s possible..

We are definitely in bed early people making our way at 10 ish..sleeping for 11 ish..waking for morning cuppa at 7 am..

Good luck on the FD and to Hedgehog and typhoo…

Jean x

I don’t like our captain much he prefers to fight,he is a forward but spends too much time in the penalty box,he has played in the NHL for a couple of teams. We have just been to pick up the new bin and more we are going shopping for weekly shop plus our nextdoor neighbors weekly shop,he is out of hospital now.Not been up the ladders yet so will see how my legs are then.

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the good wishes on this FD one coffee down so far as I watch the winter Olympics.

Feeling the first pangs of hunger but nothing I can’t handle it’s only for today and will be looking forward to breakfast tomorrow lol.

Good luck to everyone else who is fasting today or over the weekend.

I was up at 7-30 this morning, that’s an unearthly time for me,I didn’t go to bed until 1am,I have had breakfast as lunch so feeling full, watching the curling at the moment but will get back to wallpapering soon.

Lynne- hope you’re doing okay with the FD. Hope that you find a reliable electrician too! You’ve got so many jobs on the go, keeping you busy…
    Jean/ Lynne- I am an early bird naturally, but bet Monday morning I’ll still be asleep when the alarm goes off… I always put the laptop on while I have my morning cuppa, I check the website I help moderate first thing as there’s lots of US members so it’s always been busy overnight! I miss DF- she always posted early when she’d got to work! (Hope you’re doing okay DF if you’re still reading posts!)
    Jean- hope that you get on okay with the new car!
    Dave & Typhoo- enjoy the Olympics!
    Typhoo- hope you stay strong!
    Hubby wanted a walk this morning- it’s beautiful here- managed to persuade him to walk on the footpaths to the forest near us- there’s snowdrops out in one spot & they were amazing! Best they’ve ever been & got some nice photos- wish I could post them here! We were out for over 2 hours’ walk, then got hair done this afternoon. Going back to the woods with Mum & sister tomorrow as Mum always like to see them too.

Afternoon All…
    Picked the car up…really pleased with it..one of the nicest we have had…and I drove home..😂

We went for our meal out on our way back…really nice as usual…as we were a bit late getting home…..nothing tonight for me so full…

Dave …
    Good Samaritan for your neighbour..getting a bit late for decorating now…start tomorrow..

Typhoo..
    A lazy day why not…nice sometimes…..keep going…

Hedgehog and Lynne..
    Hope you fasting is going well too….

Hedgehog..
    The forest walk sounded lovely…first signs of Spring..another 6 weeks before the weather breaks….makes everyone feel better…enjoy with your Mum and Sister tomorrow …

Grandson going home tomorrow we will drop him off lunch time…they have got lots of maths done without arguing so that’s good…Steve may go down a few times to help with the revision, grandson seems to want him to..

Strange having someone extra about, the house seems to be a tip…square it round tomorrow 😀

Jean x

We have done all we can decorating in the kitchen,the tiler rang before and said he will do some plastering on Wednesday if possible and then do the tiles on Thursday, that may be difficult because Denise goes in to hospital Thursday morning for her new knee,she said i will just have to drop her off and come straight back to let him in,she has to be there for 7am so may be alright if i dont get lost coming home,the hospital is miles away.Weighin tomorrow so fingers crossed.I have worked out that today i will have had 2,460 calories,unless i go out for a pint or two that is the most i ever have during the week,which is way under my TDEE.So if i gain weight maybe i am not eating enough,I dont know.

Morning all! Yes, Jean I’m up early again, 5.30 this morning, yuk!
    Stayed strong yesterday, there was a lot of temptation, so it was hard! We’re out for dinner tonight, I’m not going to pretend I’ll make good choices, we don’t go out to eat that often so I’m going to enjoy it!
    Dave- sounds like next week is going to be hectic! Hope that your weigh-in is good. We do all seem to be up & down a bit, sometimes there doesn’t seem to be any reason for it, but as long as the trend is generally down… In the FAQ section there’s some interesting posts about that and plateaus.
    Jean- hope you get your house sorted out & hope the Maths practice has helped your grandson!
    Cakey- if you read this hope you’re having a great time!
    Lynne- hope Becs has some well-deserved time off next week!
    Kay- still no house?
    Lovely bright day again, looking forward to another walk.

Morning All…
    We were awake at 6am not quite Hedgehog…lol…Steve was up but brought me a cuppa at 6.30 and came back to bed to drink it…

Taking Grandson home about lunch time today as he is joining his brother to do dog and cat duties as parents away for a couple of nights….

Hedgehog.
    Up early again you could do to have Steve for company…he has had two weeks of no sleep he has gone back on a couple of tablets which he stopped earlier…he is so shattered..he has had two good nights with the tablets but still up early…

I fancy some proper trousers other than jeans..I seem to always fall into them, I have quite a lot now in different shades of blue and a couple of black……I need to tidy both of us up..I might now fit into something smarter..shall pop to Next and see what they have just to see what’s about..after dropping grandson off…

Enjoy your meal out tonight..we are having a ‘us’ night with steak…

Have a nice weekend all…

Jean x

Hello all

Cottage is idyllic and in the most beautiful place. Going out to explore just now. Very welcoming, a bottle of wine, 4 lovely cakes and a bag of handmade biscuits with a little note especially for the dog.

I already feel it’s somewhere we’ll want to return again and again.

Lovely to treat yourself to new clothes Jean, we look forward to hearing what you get. I live in navy; navy trousers, shoes, dresses, coats etc – always drawn to navy but I do love it with either red or pink too.

Hedgehogs, enjoy dinner tonight, what sort of food are you having? Is it a special occasion?

Hope you got garage sorted Lynne, we tend to use Checkatrade for recommendations, you can usually get a good feel for their reliability from the reviews.

How was the fast day Typhoo?

Good luck with scales Dave, you deserve a welcoming number.

Right, I’m off into the sunshine and fresh air. Have a good day friends

Hi Folks,

The Fast day didn’t go quite as planned I didn’t manage a purely water fast my hunger was too much this time but I think that’s due to my not eating enough the previous day.

I’m still learning how to make this way of life work as it’s only my third week of doing this.

Have had a good breakfast this morning was awake at 7:30 this morning I didn’t know we had a 7:30am at the weekend 😉.

Well the scales were very good to me,I have lost just over five and a half pounds,so very happy with that.This means i have lost 13lbs in 7 weeks since i started the 5-2 diet.If i could lose that much every 7 weeks I would be over the moon,but realistically i know it probably will not happen.

Afternoon everyone

Dave, congratulations on the weight loss, especially when you consider you’ve had birthdays during the last 7 weeks. You’ve got a lot on next week. How long is Denise likely to be in? Is it a full knee replacement or partial?

Typh00, I generally just do liquid fasts, water and coffee, and yesterday was alright, but sometimes I just have to eat and when that happens I just give in to it. You’re doing really well, just don’t be too hard on yourself if you cave in, just try and keep it healthy.

Jean, glad the new car is a success. Automatics are a doddle to drive once you stop trying to change gears. It’ll be nice to have the house back to yourselves. Enjoy your steak with Steve.

CW, how kind of the owners to leave you gifts and to remember the dog. Thanks for the Checkatrade suggestion, I have used them once, but remembered an electrician who fixed a light a couple of years ago and still have his number. He’s getting in touch after half term so go a week to wait for that.

Hedgehogs, up early again. I thought I was good going back to bed at 8am with a cuppa. Bec had tutor this morning, so had to keep an eye on the time.

Minols, you back yet. Been thinking of you when watching the Olympics. Bec and I have got quite into it, though spend most of the time commenting on how crazy the sportsmen/women must be when completing the the skeleton and the luge.

Sunny morning, with the odd cloud and a little drizzle on an off. Took Bec to tutor, she was not impressed as these were catch up sessions where she’s missed her usual Wednesday evening, and she doesn’t do mornings.

Whilst she was there I nipped to the cemetery, then decided to take a walk around the part opposite the tutor’s house. I underestimated how long it would take as I took the scenic route and had to ‘power walk’ back to the car. I think when the nights get lighter I’ll spend the time Bec’s in tutor walking. It’s a lovely park with a big lake, ducks, geese, swans, flower gardens and a lighthouse. One of the prettiest parts of Cardiff.

Off to start emptying the kitchen worktops ready to decorate.

Lynne x

Pasha its a full knee replacement, its a lovely day here, dry for a change. Steak for evening meal so looking forward to that, I may go out for a drink tomorrow, probably my last chance to go out on a Sunday for a while,i will be out again on Tuesday to join a club so more beer,dont think I will be losing much next week.

Dave- you’ve done well & losing weight steadily with all the kitchen upheaval!
    Lynne- poor Bec’s, having to get up for a lesson on the first day of her half term!! The park sounds nice!
    Jean- did you buy anything? I’m definitely a jeans girl, but have got lots of new tops recently…
    Cakey- enjoy the walks if there’s nice one’s round the cottage, hope the cake was nice!
    Typhoo- I’ve never done a liquid only fast, look forward to my meal in the evening too much! I can assure you that 7.30am does exist at the weekend, as do 6.30am, & even as I found this morning, 5.30am! 🙁 I did get a lot done today though!
    Minols- hope you’re having a great holiday, nothing broken?!
    Another lovely long walk to admire the snowdrops, weather fantastic again here. Hoovered & washed the car, it looks pretty bad though as we don’t have a hose, by the time I’d walked round to the back door every time to get another bucket of water, it’d dried in the sun & was all streaky & smeary!! 🙁
    Still, it’s better than it was, nearly a farmyard on the back of it!
    Those of you having steak tonight, enjoy it! I’m sure hubby’ll have that tonight. (Cakey, it’s not a special occasion, we got vouchers for Christmas, was going to be a nice meal for us both as youngest is away, but as eldest is car-less, & now not going out himself we’ve invited him along!)

Evening All..
    Grandson landed back at home..lovely having him and all was well..but nice to have our home back to our selves…all tidy again…miserable old sods really…lol

Looking for clothes lots of ankle length chinos..I have quite a few pairs need to get them out and try on…not much else took my fancy…will go to big M&S and Next at York..when we are free..

Going away in the caravan on Monday till Thursday ..may look about while away..

Cakey Wakey…
    Lovely the cottage is great and in a nice spot..a bit of spoiling on arrival..wine and biscuits…a nice thought..enjoy the rest of your time there…

Typhoo…
    Glad you are getting into a routine..it gets better….after a while you don’t even notice the FD’s…I like the hungry feeling…

Dave..
    Really well done…just about a stone….I bet you are glad you started early and didn’t wait….for a February start…hope your steak was nice..we had rib eye it was spot on..unfortunately we opened wine too…ummm…..delicious …

Hope Denise goes well…she must do her excerise..it’s a must to get her moving…good luck to you too..lol..Steve had two partial knees together…..a trying time….

Lynne..
    Lovely to get to walk..I have missed it the last few days..17 year olds don’t walk!..the park and lake sound really nice all the baby things will be out in a month or so…

Hedgehog..
    Feel like we have to tidy ourselves up a bit..maybe an age thing…I do love my jeans, but I have not replaced any tidy trousers..not so bad with summer clothes although some a bit big, I pushed them last year..need to try on again…

I had a wipe around our car..at least you got yours done…tidy and clean…enjoy your meal tonight too…

Minols…
    Are you back yet…missing you…..

Kay..
    How are you doing? Any houses yet….

Jean x

Morning all! Actually slept until 7am today- yay!
    Lovely meal last night- eldest son is very entertaining when away from his screen so that was lovely! Had a chickpea burger, which I’m sure won’t make your mouths water (I miss fellow veggie Pseudo!), with sweet potato fries which I shared with son- they were so nice! It came with loads of ciabatta bread which wasn’t needed at all, left all that. We had puddings though- a lovely pecan tart, I like it but no-one else does in my house, so I don’t make it. If they’d have had a good started I would’ve just had a starter & a dessert, but the starters weren’t so appealing! Poor son is still in a dilemma about getting a second hand car for just 6 weeks, or he could pay out for expensive insurance & use one from work apparently. He’s doing well at work to meet his target for getting his own demonstrator car, but they won’t give him one early (which is fair enough, having just had a crash!) He sold 3 cars just yesterday! He’s done really well & saved quite a bit since he’s started work, but it’ll likely all go this month now!
    It’s a FD with me- I’m very tempted to put it off til tomorrow, but I know I’ll be nibbling all day if I’m not fasting, so have had to get a grip!
    Hope everyone has a good day- nice & sunny here, but not sure it will last…

Hello everyone

I don’t think I’ll go home, it’s too lovely here. We walked over 8 miles yesterday around (partially) Rutland Water and it was so tranquil, even the weather felt quite mild and there was no breeze.

We thought we might have some meals out but actually we’ve just make our own instead and it’s been lovely, so relaxing. We found a wonderful bakery and bought some amazing bread which we had as toast this morning and will have some with soup on a picnic later. Tomorrow is our last day but we are both going to fast anyway so hoping with the exercise, not too much damage done.

Cars are such an expense Hedgehogs I feel for you boy. I was amazed how many of my girls’ friends got cars for their 18th or had them at uni.

Dave, thinking about your wife as she has her operation this week. I hope she’s up and about and on the road to recovery very soon.

You’re doing just grand Typhoo. Water fast is tough and this WOL seems to be easy at times and then at other times, the resolve just disappears. I’m a firm believer it’s just your body telling you what it needs. You do get tuned in after a while.

Hello to Jean and Kay too, have a lovely Sunday

CW

Morning All..

A mild day here…must be no birds waiting to be fed…finding bugs elsewhere..maybe..

That time again hair to be coloured…😬…getting things together for the few days away in the caravan…remembering everything, getting a few tick lists to do….hoping to find time to try on a few summer clothes on this afternoon…get things ready and in place for some better weather…🌞

We had a lazy start this morning..Steve is sleeping better now back on his tablets..I am sure he is addicted to them…he needs to talk to doctor how to get off them….still taking less tablets generally…

Hedgehog…
    Sounded like a nice family meal..as they get older you miss them joining you…hope he sorts the car out some way…three cars are a lot to sell….have a good FD…

Cakey Wakey…
    I can place you totally now…Rutland Water is beautiful, a good walk 8 miles…it’s a large area to walk around..enjoy your picnic and soup today…..I like our caravan because the food is always good 😂 and just laid back and relaxing…

Jean x

Bit of a lazy day so far today, it’s a dull, drizzly, grey day here and on days like this I find it hard to get motivated.

CW, Rutland Water sounds wonderful. I remember learning about it in Geography A level, but that was about 35 years ago, and I’ve never been there.

Jean, nice to have the house back to yourselves. I’m not a very good hostess and hate anyone staying with me, even family, obviously make an exception for the girls, but then I have to! Is this the first caravan trip of the year?

Kay, any news on the house? What’s ‘plan B’ looking like?

Hedgehogs, 7am may seem like a late start for you, but an early morning for me. Hope your son get’s something sorted with car, from memory I think you’re quite rural so not having transport is a pain. Can he pick up a cheap trade-in through work?

Dave, not long now until Denise goes in and I assume she’ll be in next weekend. What are visiting times like? Enjoy your beer this evening.

Managed to get most of the sorting in the kitchen done yesterday, though saved by a text from a neighbour offering coffee. Still a bit left to do, but generally want to move as much out of the way until the painting’s done. Dave, think my lounge will be like yours.

Scales were kind yesterday, 2.3lb down this week, but it’s always quicker when I’m off the sugar.

Lynne x

Viewing 50 posts - 15,951 through 16,000 (of 35,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply.