Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,903 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 11 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,901 through 15,950 (of 35,389 total)

• Denise does most of the cooking,I do some too.I feel tired just lately must be the decorating and getting up much earlier than normal. Sounds like you have had a good time.

Jean- sounds like a lovely night, glad most of it was eaten so not much left to tempt you! As everyone says on here, draw a line under it, start again tomorrow!
    Dave- I’m not surprised you’re tired, you’ve had a lot on, & you’ve fitted in swimming as well. Can Denise get up the stairs with her knee problems, or do you have to do lots of fetching & carrying for her?!
    Lynne- hope you have something nice planned for the weekend.
    Kay- how’s the packing going?
    Cakey- hope your meal & theatre were good.
    Difficult weekend for us, obviously, but have managed not to blub in public- saw 3 yellow labs while out yesterday… A few shall we /shan’t we discussions about whether to have another dog- hubby had said never again, but now it’s a maybe… House just feels so empty & quiet, coming home & getting up in the morning is very hard… Now line must be drawn under that, & I’ll say no more.
    My lot are all still asleep; of course, having the opportunity for a lie-in means I was awake early! I did sneak on the scales when I got up- was expecting no movement as yesterday I went over quite a bit on the carbs (not through anything nice like chocolate or cake, but just with some fruit & veg adding up to more than I realised! šŸ™ ), but the scales were good & downwards again, so chuffed with that! I made a cauliflower crust for pizza yesterday & it was grim! Couldn’t eat it, just had the topping. I didn’t put garlic in as the recipe suggested, as hubby hates the smell if I eat it, so that might have helped a bit. This carb watching is so hard, but I guess as the results are good I’ll stick to it for another week & see!
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning All…

Ohhh it must of been a good night we both feel quite rough this morning…itā€™s been a long time since we felt like that….you really donā€™t realise how much less you eat now to other people and how much we used to eat…..Steve said no more food today…šŸ˜‚

I have had a banana for breakfast couldnā€™t face anything…hedgehog will be pleased I had a glass of water before my cuppa..and I have left the glass out to remind me to drink!…the way I feel I wonā€™t need any reminders today…

Dave..
    You have done so much you are bound to feel tired and still lots more to do….it will keep you busy and off food get those calories burning..šŸ˜‚..we used to find swimming very helpful at loosing weight..Denise will be biting at the bit to get into the kitchen to be using all her new things…

Hedgehog…
    It will be a hard time for a while..itā€™s so quiet without them…we blubbered hard for the first couple of weeks, both of us, then it started to ease off..we would just say to each other..I want a hug..and knew what we meant…enough said..

Good news on the scales..the carb thing seems to be working..I was in Aldi or Lidl, forgot which one…they are having a veggie meal promotion on at the moment lots of ā€˜ meatieā€™ things..I donā€™t know if you pass through these shops. Could check on line and see if anything suits.

Well off out later a couple of things we want and a bit of fresh air..

Have a good day..

Jean x

Hedgehog..
    Veggie week at Lidl…found the mag…

Xx

Denise can get up the stairs but very slowly,when she has her new knee she will have to use a crutch to get up them,that will be tricky.Testing the oven out today,roast beef dinner,so i said lets see how to turn it on,you have to press a button on the left then it comes out,you put what setting you want then you have to press the button on the right and set the temperature. The tiler came round this morning and gave us a price,he gave us a card to get 20% off the tiles if we go to a certain shop,so we will have a look tomorrow once the fridge/freezer comes.We have ordered a new stainless steel bin for the kitchen,the lid opens when you walk up to it,i like gadgets,thats coming Tuesday,i must dig out the Shark steamer now and clean all the woodwork ready for painting.

Flashy bin, Dave! Very exciting, choosing all new stuff! Hope the roast beef is good!
    Jean- Hope you’re feeling better now! There’s no Lidls or Aldis near us, but we go occasionally- like you, I like their chocolate. I will have a look at the veggies meals though… I don’t think there would be any meals to have on this low carb thing, as it’s quite restricted, but might well have a look for another time! The trouble is even beans, lentils etc. have quite a carb count, whereas cheese, eggs etc. are low/ nothing! I tried a recipe for a keto lasagne today, that was lovely & would definitely have it again; thin slices of courgette instead of pasta. Did a roast at lunchtime for my lot- didn’t really think it through as it’s a FD for me- so it’s now going to be a long afternoon & evening before I can eat again! My will power is better in the daytime, disappears in the evening!

Hi Folks,

I’m sorry to report my pizza cravings got the better of me yesterday so the scales will be very interesting tomorrow.

The only positive though from stuffing my face with pizza was I didn’t feel hungry this morning so haven’t had anything to eat yet.

Back to a FD tomorrow and get myself back on track I’m not going to beat myself up about yesterday it’s happened I will just get back to eating better again.

Fast day tomorrow but saying that i have not had anything to eat today,roast beef soon though but should be under 1000 calories for the day.I just took doggie out and got caught in a hail storm,it was snowing when i went out but changed to hail.I have cleaned all the paintwork so ready to paint some of it will do the rest when the tiles are up.

Hello

Lots going on with the thread this weekend.

Glad the birthday celebrations went well Jean. We had a lovely night with friends. I donā€™t think I ate too much, I just think my tummy canā€™t take it so I felt over full. Impromptu fast day, I wasnā€™t planning on it but still felt full.

Hedgehogs, donā€™t every worry about talking about Josie in here. I think there are quite a few of us who have been through the same. It took us 2 years to decide to get another, yet every day we talked about how much we missed our Max. He was a rescue dog and had the most loving nature. We decided on a puppy in the end and he is an absolute joy but a definite rascal.

Youā€™re making such good progress with kitchen Dace. Weā€™ve finally got everything sorted. Got the washing machine and dishwasher plumbed back in this morning.

Iā€™m sure the pizza wonā€™t have done too much damage Typhoo, especially if youā€™ve been low calorie today.

Looking forward to our few days away next weekend,
    Maybe another pound or two off by then if I can.

CW

Evening All….
    A very lethargic day…we have both struggled itā€™s a good job itā€™s only once in a while…

Strange my feet have been very good of late but I had tablets last night due to the food and drink I had..must be over 6 months since I have had to take them…my feet have been really bad today…I am wondering if itā€™s due to the tablets …

Back on form tomorrow and we are fasting ….really going to try hard and thoughtful. We had the last piece of cheesecake so all clear now…

Have a good evening

Jean x

Jean- if you were on your feet most of the day cooking, that might have set them off couldn’t it? Well done with the water!!
    Cakey- thank you. I know there’s others who’ve had bigger losses though… Hope you have a good week to make up for next weekend!
    Typhoo- that’s the good thing with this diet, going over a bit one day doesn’t matter occasionally, just stick in an extra FD if you need to!
    Eating lunch time today has definitely messed me up- the others were eating so much this evening, I couldn’t help picking a little- they had crisps, tortilla chips with melted cheese, chocolate cake, nuts, yoghurt & granola between them!! Don’t know where they put it- they had a huge lunch, not fair šŸ™

Cakey wakey,

It’s true that the pizza might not have done too much damage I’m not so sure about the potato wedges and chocolate cookies that were with it. ā˜ŗšŸ˜®

We will find out tomorrow on the scales I’ve been well the rest of the week so am hoping that I might have lost a pound if nothing else.

Evening everyone

Busy weekend running through the recipes for Bec’s food exam tomorrow. All went okay but have been shopping, cooking, tweaking, retrying and revising method plan. And I don’t classify myself as a cook of any description.

Dave, the end is in sight! Hope you managed to work the cooker and the roast was good. Not long now until Denise’s op. Is she due to be in long?

CW, glad you enjoyed the theatre and your meal, but funny how the amount we can eat has changed, and how uncomfortable we feel when we overdo it.

Jean, glad Steve had a good day and the meal was a success. Hope you’re feeling better now and your feet are alright. Are feet problems a side effect listed on
    your meds?

Typh00, hope the scales are kind. You made me laugh at your confession to the ‘extras’ which accompanied the pizza.

Hedgehogs, CW is right, don’t ever worry about talking here about Josie. You know we’re all crazy pet people as well and most, if not all of us, have been in the same situation and understand how you’re feeling. I took Amber, our lurcher, for a longer walk on Friday and was thinking of Josie and your family whilst we were out.

Thanks for all your comments about Bec and the special consideration. Bless her, the only time Bec had off was for the funeral and last day of term, and even went in the day Phil died because she didn’t want to miss a science revision lesson. I just don’t want some uninformed teacher putting her foot in it and really mind if she doesn’t have any adjustment to marks. Sorry for keeping on.

I was going to do a bit more decorating tomorrow, but Hannah’s asked for a lift from unit to dentist and back again, so may delay for a day or so. Fasting tomorrow, pancakes Tuesday, then back sugar free for Lent from Wednesday.

Anyone joining me for a fast tomorrow?

Night, night

Lynne x

Morning all! Another early start for me (half term for youngest so don’t have to be up early, grrr!) Scales down another pound, is weird, have been picking this weekend, but I’m not complaining!
    Typhoo- wedges & cookies, you’re naughty! I’m sure you’ve done enough the rest of the week to keep you going! You need some treats or you wouldn’t be able to stick to it!
    Lynn- thank you for thinking of us. I laughed to myself that you had a busy day because of Bec’s food exam- brings back memories of my youngest’s exams- the novelty of practising wore off very quickly unless I was helping him get everything ready, & with him the whole time! He got an A in his GCSE though, so it was worth it! What’s Bec cooking- is it something you like? The afternoon tea practising my son did was not good on the waistline! I hope that Bec’s exams all go well with the amount of work she’s put in, she sounds really focused & conscientious!
    Hope all of you fasting today stay strong- hoping I can keep my carbs lower today, so I sort of feel like I’m with you!

Morning All…

Lovely bright blue sky but brrrrrrrrrr.

We are fasting today both our tums were going yum yum yum yum yum this morning in bed…something is going to be disappointed hoping not a hard day ahead…lol

Feet better this morning strange..usually have at least three days of hurting…think itā€™s the tablets. I donā€™t do any tablets at all now..I just feel they do not help in the long term…as soon as I came on 5.2 and lost some weight I managed to stop these tablets, after 5 years on them. Itā€™s heavy meals, holidays sometimes, Xmas day, itā€™s when I am not in charge of cooking usually when I may need one but so many side effects with them. Some people have to take tablets no choice as Steve does…I really want to go down the line on fighting my self better if I can.

Hedgehog…
    Well done watching the others eat and only picking slightly…you do very well, it must be so much harder when others are eating…glad Steve is with me….we push each other along hopefully not in the wrong way..lol

Typhoo..
    Sorry the pizza got you when you wasnā€™t looking and snacks on the side…I am sure you will be fine…hope the scales are kind today..

Lynne..
    Good luck on the cooking exam for bec today..hard times for them..what is she cooking? Dentist taxi today…give the decorating a break..we are with you fasting today…

On the tablets…the side effects are not good at all…I just feel doctors give you one tablet, then in a few weeks you get tablets for side effects of the first tablet and it goes on…Steve is struggling to stop, although he is going cold turkey on codine itā€™s so addictive..he has to continue on a couple for life.

Hedgehog..
    Laughing at all the talk of GCSEs..we have the grandson staying with us for a few days from Wednesday..failed miserably at everything..he thinks a magic wand will be waved..snowflake springs to mind….heā€™s trying, blxxdy trying..lol
    Steveā€™s been doing gcse maths exam papers, timed, no talking..shh…….he thinks heā€™s coming for a break Steve has other ideas..Steve has been getting 80% results he has done 2 papers he has one more to do. I think thereā€™s about 75 days to his re sit….it will be fun..

We are off out for a walk to post a card..no excuses looks very cold…our Nordic Walking tomorrow morning, snows forecast so hopefully if still on….wrap up warm…ā„ļø

Up date on dog…she is doing really well, she had two helpers to go to the loo the first day, one helper the second, she wonā€™t use the sling she likes to do it on her own now, meds are getting lower hopefully home tomorrow…so glad as I know the daughter would of given her job up for the dog, vet said could take three months to get better we thought on the walking, maybe itā€™s just to keep her quiet.

Lynnes with us fasting today…there must be more??

Jean x

Hi Folks,

Well I got on the scales this morning and they said one at a time please ā˜ŗ, they were quite good to me I haven’t lost anything this week but on the positive side nothing gained either after the pizza.

I’m back to a FD today and was thinking about going for a walk but we’ve had some snow so will stay in the warm and maybe do some skipping instead.

If you’re fasting today or on a non FD have a great day, I’ll be popping back during the day.

Brisk walk around the village we were quite cold by the time we came back..our noses anyway…lol

We are not usually about lunch time so hope we are ok..

I have had a recall for another mammogram on Thursday apparently the photos not good so need another one…last time I had to go to the hospital as a lump was found but it turned out to be a cyst, I had it drained…so fingers crossed itā€™s what it says….

Steve doing his third maths paper 90 mins….so silence and no talking ..šŸ˜‚

All quiet on here today…anyone else with us and Lynne?

Jean x

Typhoo..
    Crossed posts..

You made me laugh…ā€™one at a time pleaseā€™

At least you are the same…we canā€™t loose every week as I well know…

Keep warm and do your skipping..thatā€™s one thing I canā€™t do, my toes wonā€™t let me, itā€™s the bending…still now they are much better? Maybe..

Jean x

Snow here today,not been out yet though,I hope the sun melts it all,I dont like walking in snow now i am older.I am waiting for the skip to be removed and the fridge to be delivered,then i can go out and look at tiles.My phone as gone wonky so i am doing a factory reset on it,it was getting very slow,its only 2 years old so hopefully it will speed it up,i have deleted all the apps,i had to many on the phone,so that should speed it up and save battery.Fast day today,I wish most of the adverts on tv were nothing to do with food.

Hello

Iā€™m fasting today too. Only liquids so far and got through my 11 oā€™clock patch which is always the time I start to think Iā€™m hungry. Going to keep going until tea time. Husband fasting too so just something lighter I think.

Quick walk this morning but definitely cold. I will try and go out for longer after work.

Yoga class booked again for tomorrow

CW

Dave..
    Hope your phone improves a pain when not working as they should..hope the snow goes then you can get the woof out….itā€™s all coming together now šŸ˜€

Cakey Wakey..
    Nice hubby is joining you fasting I think it makes a difference….I have just done a bit more excerise in the bedroom..as Steve is doing his maths paper shhhh…steps were a bit low when he comes out with me…

We are doing OK…having a cuppa shortly….on my second half pint of water…

Jean x

A question..

Do you think I can count tea and coffee ( decaf) in my water intake?

Any thoughts..

X

Afternoon all, sat with a coffee catching up with the posts. We had a scattering of snow overnight although the sun has melted it all now.

Over indulged at weekend, so now to pull it back. Laughed at your commment about the scales Typh00! I didnt give mine the chance for any backchat this morning, I avoided them! So yes Im fasting today.

Nothing much I can do today, as Im waiting in for a courier to arrive and collect a parcel. If hes not been by the time Neils home from work, Ill nip out for a short walk with Ellie.
    Still no houses to go and see. There have been a couple of potentials but the estate agents are useless and dont get back to us with answers to our questions. We are looking at 1.5hr journey so dont want a wasted journey if they wont accept pets etc. Still 4 weeks to go so Im sure something will come up.
    I was going to start boxing up some of the lesser used stuff in the kitchen but need Neil here as climbing the ladder into the garage roof space is a bit precarious.

Jean, I count my herb teas towards my water allowance but not my coffees. Has Steve finished his maths papers?? Lol

Dave, it all sounds like its coming together nicely in the house now. Hope you sort your phone out. Its a pain when they start on the go slow. Our tablets are a bit like that and we have to regularly try and delete apps and free up memory.

CW, thats helpful that husband is fasting with you, extra encouragement always a help. Im sticking to the fluids for now too and then will have a light dinner.

Hedgehogs, you are clearly doing something right as the weight is still moving, so keep it up!

Lynne, hope Becs food exam went ok today. And at least being the dentist taxi gives you a break from the decorating šŸ˜‰

Going to get my resistance band out now and do some arms and shoulders work šŸ˜€

Keep strong fellow fasters! x

Kay…

We are in not doing much…62% on maths paper it was a bit harder than the last, this is paper 2 thereā€™s another one ..I got them mixed up..much better than me…lol..he has a headache now due to stress..šŸ˜‚

Sorry no news on house…still 4 weeks to go….can you stay if you donā€™t find anything?

Drinking water like no tomorrow…getting my steps in going to the loo…I have just had a buzz to get me moving again….blxxdy fitbit…lol

Good luck on the bands..thatā€™s three of us doing inside excerise….

Update on dog…
    Not good …she is on normal pain killers now…she is crying as she is moving…she must of been on morphine or something strong…panic is settling on the daughters household….maybe itā€™s not worked or itā€™s the pain just from the operation….šŸ¤ž

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Lost a long post this morning. I braved the cold at 9am and did a ā€˜briskā€™ 25 minutes, trying to go for that rather than just steps.

Jean, you make me laugh with Steve doing his maths papers, any room for Bec for a few days to get some revision done? I used to help Bec with maths, but she has a tutor now as it just ended in shouting with Han trying to mediate. Hope the dog is just under medicated rather than in any additional pain.

Typh00, so the reset button has been pressed after the pizza and hopefully the scales should be more accommodating.

Kay, itā€™s so frustrating when people donā€™t get back to you. You donā€™t want to waste time looking at something unsuitable, youā€™d think estate agents would be glad of the business.

Dave, hope the fridge is delivered and you can get out and look for tiles. Iā€™m hunting for some to match my existing bathroom as I canā€™t really justify totally retiling, and just need a row of half tiles across the very bottom of the wall. If all else fails Iā€™ll be getting big skirting board.

CW, great that your husband is on board as well, cooking for the family is a challenge on a FD.

Hedgehogs, itā€™s quite annoying, Becā€™s only cooked 3 times since staring the course over a year ago. Different from Hannahā€™s, now itā€™s hospitality and catering. Sheā€™s making a pasta bake, garlic bread and chicken Caesar salad, but refused to make her own pasta, so weā€™ll have to see how she goes. If itā€™s edible I may have to have some tonight, regardless of FD, to keep the peace.

Becā€™s already asked me to make her a revision timetable on excel for her GCSEā€™s and has started to revise, she doesnā€™t find learning as easy as Han does and needs to really work hard to even pass. Hannah on the other hand did put in a lot of work, but came out with top grades in GCSE and A levels. I suppose no 2 children are the same, and Iā€™m proud of both of them, but I do feel for Bec.

Tomorrow Hannah is coming around and bringing her pancake maker, so no way it could be a FD, and as Iā€™m planning to give up sugar for Lent itā€™s my last day of any indulgence. Just need to make sure now that Iā€™ve got everything I need.

Catch you later.
    Lynne x

Jean- not sure about your ‘exercise in the bedroom’??
    Hope your step-daughter’s dog improves soon. Can she not keep on morphine a bit longer? I’m not really sure about the water intake- I just noticed that when I’d had more tea & drank less water, things weren’t going so well… Well done to Steve with the maths- they do it so differently now, it was really hard trying to remember stuff to help the boys, I used to read up or look it up first before I could try & explain it to them!
    Kay- hope you get some more packing done late & hope the fast goes well…
    Cakey- enjoy the yoga tomorrow, & well done getting your hubby on board, mine couldn’t do fasting he has funny blood sugar levels & would be far too grumpy!!
    Dave- hope that you get your phone sorted- I hate things like that, can’t be doing with it!
    Typhoo- staying the same happens, better than gaining!
    I am very hungry, as bad as a FD! I thought protein was supposed to keep you fuller for longer?!

Fridge delivered, but I can’t plug it in for 4 hours, then need to wait for it to get to the correct temperature,my phone is like a new one now, only problem is logging into various apps.The skip is still here so we have to wait for them to remove it before we can go out. The only water I drink is tea or the odd coffee, this new fridge has got a water dispenser so perhaps I will start drink it.

Hi All…

We are both getting hungry now…three waters drunk for me…

Lynne..
    Hoping the exam goes well….all sounds every nice…..I do like pancakes..could I squeeze a couple in for breakfast? Tomorrow Ummm…I had one daughter she found exams easy were my other daughter really had to work at them…both have done really well at their chosen jobs, very proud of them both.

Hedgehog..
    I did do a 30 mins outside walk with Steve, he walks slow..so I did more walking stretching and twisting in the bedroom..better than nothing…I am going better than normal with the water….see what tomorrow brings with the dog she us supposed to be coming come …maybe not now?

Keep strong with the food..

Dave..
    Fridge/ freezers have to settle before you plug in….then fill it…lol

Jean x

Hello

Well done to everyone fasting. Iā€™m finding it tough today but made it this far.

Not sure about the water question Jean, Iā€™ve read answers both ways. Iā€™ve also read stuff that says drink more water and stuff that says itā€™s a myth. My view would be that it helps to fill up and mostly we probably donā€™t drink enough, but I think water interspersed with tea, coffee, soft drinks etc is all ok. Nothing scientific though, just my view.

Hope the exam goes well for Becs, my youngest has her finals coming up in May. My two are so different too. The eldest leaves everything until the last minute and puts herself under so much stress, the youngest always has everything done well in advance, yet they both do well. Just different approaches – Iā€™m a last minute Annie too whereas my husband is very organised.

Good luck with the house hunting Kay, I keep thinking Iā€™d like to move but now that weā€™ve had so much done, I wouldnā€™t dare suggest it for a bit.

Typhoo, Dave, jean, hedgehogs, lynne – it seems we are all trying to get some exercise, brave the cold and stick to a fast day but finding it tough.

CW

We have been really hungry this afternoon…due to all the food over the weekend I suppose..

Thatā€™s it we have now finished for the day….517 calories for me.

Thinking a bit on the cooked ham we often have it on a FD like today…maybe not a good idea due to the salt content….I think roast chicken on Thursday a different approach ..

I must of had 14 trips to the loo today…still Steve has been lots, not so many as me, and heā€™s not on water??

Thanks for your thoughts on water…see what Friday brings at weigh in….šŸ˜¬

I might have a sneaky look on the scales in the morning…as typhoo says…one only please…lol

Nordic Walking course in the morning in Harrogate then to York to look at bikers helmets..so out for the day..

Have a good fast day finish everyone…šŸ˜€..keep smiling..

Jean x

Feeling very hungry now,thought I would try the new microwave out, not got a clue how it works, read the instructions still no ideašŸ˜£šŸ˜£šŸ˜£put it in the odd microwave šŸ˜†

I do declare nothing tastes as good as dinner on a fast day. Tin of tomato soup and half a tuna sandwich -Iā€™m never very adventurous on a FD

Hope you all stayed strong yesterday, & Dave- hope you got the microwave working!!
    Cakey- I’m rarely adventurous on FDs either, don’t want to spent time faffing about cooking much!
    Lynne- how did Bec’s exam go?
    Jean- sounds like you have a lovely day planned, hope the weather’s good for you. I love Harrogate & York, didn’t realise you were that near.
    FD for me, am I on my own? Got to go into town too, will have to walk past all the fast food places & the market selling lovely looking cakes… maybe I’ll just hang about in Lush & let the youngest get his own stuff!!

Morning All..
    A white over morning hope the sun comes out to lift the cold…

We had a good fd yesterday…a sneaky weight pre view both up a bit..hoping it goes by the end of the week…

Picked the right day to do our walking course…it could of been a bit warmer..rain is expected..ā˜¹ļø..wrap up warm…looking forward to it… then on to York Steve needs a new helmet, seen some offers on, chasing a few of late but never his size…see how we feel after walking….

Dave..
    Hope you managed the microwave instructions…really you only use a couple of settings , although yours is a grill and normal oven too…a bit more to read….

Cakey Wakey..
    We are the same about 4 meals on FD usually with salad..boring really…I usually clear the plate which doesnā€™t always happen in the week…

Hedgehog..
    Have a good FD you are maybe on your own…Harrogate is 1 hour away, York 40 mins from home…just 30 mins between the two in a circle.
    Enjoy your walk into town avoiding the cakes…which town is it?…so I can place you…

Lynne..
    We are all wondering about the exam…..how did it go?

No up date on dog…daughter usually rings to keep us informed šŸ˜¬..we are keeping a low profile….

Speak later in the day..

Jean x

Morning everyone

Jean, enjoy your day out. Went to York many years ago and stayed in a lovely hotel at a snip of the price as it was a last minute booking. Love a bargain. Went to Harrogate on business about 20 years ago and remember nothing apart from the signposts to ‘Mother Shipton’s Cave and Petrifying Well’.

Dave, hope you manage to get the microwave sorted. Give it a couple of weeks and it’ll feel like you’ve had it forever.

Hedgehogs, think you’re alone today for a FD, looking forward to my pancakes tonight.

CW, I have the art of procrastination down to a fine art. In work at appraisal time I’d dither and faff with my team’s reviews for weeks, but as soon as the deadline approached I’d find some inspiration and could bang them out in no time, without any corners cut, personalised and constructive.

Bec passed her exam, but didn’t manage one of the top grades though. When she came home she was incredibly upset, not by the grade, but because the teacher had humiliated her in front of the class. She basically picked holes in what Bec had chosen to do, even though they’d had to submit what they were cooking weeks ago and the teacher had made no comment at the time.

I know I’m being over protective, but Bec appears to be coping so well, and this one teacher has now stirred her up. I’ve probably been a bit cheeky, but sent them a link to a bereavement website explaining how to support children, which specifically mentions not drawing attention to them, or putting them in the spotlight. Bec normally doesn’t want any fuss, but was happy for me to contact the school so it must have really affected her. Me too.

Hoping to get out with the dog soon, but still raining here think I may wait for the weather to clear up.

Lynne x

I have been to Mother Shiptons caves,went there when i first passed my driving test.We used to go to Meadowhall shopping centre,much better than The Trafford centre in my opinion.Not gone there for a couple of years,i have gone past Meadowhall often though when i have been watching speedway.I think i have worked out the microwave,I tried to heat a cup of water to test it and it went ok so will try it out with food another day.We have just bought the tiles for the kitchen and he is coming to do them the week after nextso I can do some painting and papering.

Hi Folks,

My FD wasn’t too bad bad yesterday no real hunger pains the worst part of it for me is how cold I feel no matter how many coffees I have.

Back to eating normally today and have been out for a walk as it’s dry here, the snow that arrived yesterday has all gone and it must have rained overnight.

Are we all being good or is anyone having a pancake or two today as it’s shrove Tuesday?

Typhoo- it’s not the pancakes that are the problem, it’s the toppings- since having the pancake stack at Centre Parcs that’s what my boys always request- chocolate sauce, ice cream, toffee sauce, chocolates… Not quite the spirit of Shrove Tuesday though! Luckily hubby & youngest didn’t want them this year & eldest is away!
    Lynne- Poor Bec’s, that sounds awful. Even without what she’s had to cope with for the teacher to humiliate her in front of the class would be bad enough… I’m afraid I’d have been outright blunt with the teacher, I’m a definitely over protective parent!! (My youngest had some problems with friends in primary school, it really knocked his confidence. The school did a trial race for the cross country team, he came second, but for some reason the teacher picked the boy who came third, one of the boys he’d had problems with… I went in & was like a mummy bear protecting her cub!!)
    Dave- you like gadgets, so I’m sure you’ll soon get the hang of the microwave!
    Jean- hope your day & the dog were okay… The nearest ‘big’ town to us is Ipswich in Suffolk, we live near Woodbridge which is lovely, but no big chain stores.
    Youngest passed his theory test today! He’s worked hard for it, so deserves it.
    My FD has gone okay today- decided to try a new low carb recipe tonight, it looks quite easy… Tried on a favourite old pair of jeans that a couple of weeks ago didn’t fit & they did today! Plus found a jumper I liked recently but they didn’t have it in a small enough size, they’d got those in today so bought that!

I had to laugh last night, I got up off the sofa and shouted out my legs have gone,I have an Amazon Echo in the living room and Alexa replied that is good, couldn’t hear the rest because Denise was laughing too much.The skip is still here so I will give them a ring and may enquire about having a combi-boiler fitted.

Hedgehogs,

I know what you mean about the toppings that’s all the things I’m trying to cut back on for now at least, I need to lose the weight and be healthier.

Why is it all the food that tastes the best like chocolate and ice cream aren’t good for us it’s just not fair lol.

Lynne, poor Becs, I feel for her. Sounds like that teacher needs to learn some skills, regardless of whether pupils are going through additional stress.

Dave, I had to laugh at Alexa responding to you! Has Denise asked Alexa for some new knees? Lol

Typh00, I know what you mean about the nice things being bad for us! At least with the 5:2 we dont have to cut anything out, unless like me you have a malfunctioning moderation filter!!!

Hedgehogs, well done on the jeans feeling good and todays fast so far. And congrats to the youngest on passing his theory.

Jean, how was the nordic walking? I saw it on Julia Bradburys walks (I think) and it looked quite energetic but fun. Have you had any news about the dog? Hoping that no news is good news.

CW, I agree, that FD dinner is just so nice!

I did my fast ok yesterday, albeit slightly higher than my usual 300/350.
    Normal day today so yes pancakes later, but that will be my dinner!
    I had a sneaky peak at the scales and they are way up! Will have to see what I can do by Friday morning!
    The aim is to reach the end of the month lower than I started. Preferable by 2lbs.

Done some more sorting and packing and watched a bit of the winter olympics.

Going to be a cold one again tonight, so Ellie has had a brief walk and the front door is locked.

Happy Shrove Tuesday all x

Evening All…nearly anyway…

We had a lovely walk this morning..I really liked it….Steve at his own speed, hoping he gets quicker…so cold I had my thermal top and trousers underwear, jeans and some winter fleeced rain proof trousers over the top..these trousers were too tight to wear on there own at one time šŸ˜€..a bit of rain but not much..again next week faster and hills up and down.

We managed the bikers helmet at York and it fitted him so bought…nothing to fit me….

Dave ..
    Glad the microwave is up and running and you have bought the tiles…I bet itā€™s starting to look lovely..

Lynne..
    The teacher is awful, something needs to be said…why embarrass someone of her age, when she knew what she was cooking…itā€™s beyond me….both my grandsons were bullied through their high school no one seemed interested.

The eldest at 15, Steve told him to hit the ring leader and hard even if it hurt his hands…they started on him in a class..he snapped he hit him and sent him flying through a load of desks and nearly through the plate glass window….strange it was like Chinese whispers through the year no one ever bullied him again…the bully went to another school and nothing was said to my grandson.

We all look after our own…why not…I like the idea of the link…

Typhoo..
    No pancakes here…I like fruit, cream or icecream…so no…nearly this morning but not enough time…

Hedgehog..
    Well done on the theory test for your son…looks like another worry soon….lol..well done on the jeans and a new top too…people will be noticing…

Kay..
    Really enjoyed the walking…it gives you a full body workout…says burn 700 cals an hour…maybe not at our pace..lol..yes it was with Julia Bradbury……dog hoping to be home tomorrow she had a bad day yesterday but much better today..three months on a lead, she wonā€™t like that, she runs for balls a lot…( our weights up too..a sneaky look this morning)…

Grandson joining us tomorrow until Saturday….we are going to be tested with food….he can really eat..too much really could do with a couple of stones off…..how do you entertain a young immature 17 year old…they moved house and he hasnā€™t got any friends, a bit sad really…just a few at his new collage but they live too far away.

Jean x

Hello

Outraged Lynne at Becs teacher, no one deserves to be humiliated, it makes me both sad and cross

Congratulations on theory test Hedgehogs, passing test is such a good feeling. I encouraged both mine to pass early and although it seemed a waste when they were away at uni with no car, itā€™s been such a critical thing when it came to them getting jobs.

Glad you enjoyed the Nordic walking, would definitely need your thermals. I read somewhere we are due for thundersnow which sounds a bit dramatic. How far do you walk?

Typhoo & Kay – enjoy the pancakes. We havenā€™t decided on them yet, I wonā€™t be home from yoga until 9 and that will feel a bit late. Husband does enjoy them though so might make him some. Agree about the toppings too, banana and honey my favourite.

Dave – you do so well with Alexa and echo, not to mention the microwave. I consider myself fairly tech savvy but still canā€™t fathom the tv – I message my youngest at uni when I need to switch it on and sheā€™s been gone 4 years. Mind Iā€™m not much of a tv watcher at all so maybe just need practice.

I think Iā€™ve done ok today. I decided early on that I would treat myself to chocolate. I skipped breakfast and bought a tiny bar of dark chocolate with caramel for 201 calories. It took me half an hour to nibble it with a cup of coffee. It felt controlled, enjoyable and mindful. At the weekend I also bought some cooked meat and had a couple of slices this afternoon. It did the trick as otherwise I would probably have reached for the cheese. Have made spaghetti bolognese for dinner but I wont have it until after the class and then maybe just the bolognese so skip the pasta.

Fast day again tomorrow.

CW

Think I will have one plain pancake,just lemon juice on it,finally the skip has gone so thats another job done.The football is on tonight so no work being done,my team playing,Denise will have to wait until next week for her team.Got to do some painting tomorrow then taking my grandson and daughter to watch ice hockey.I am not impressed with Tesco,the bin I ordered never cam so hopefully tomorrow.

Cakey Wakey..
    Sometimes we need a treat…we have to remember itā€™s a way of life not a diet….Chocolate is just what we need with a cuppa…hope you enjoyed it..

We did one hours walk maybe three miles..we stopped a few times to do different things…quicker next week and up and down some hills…sounds a bit like HIIT…quick and slow…we will see..I enjoyed it…

I got on with dinner Steve went to asleep…šŸ’¤šŸ’¤šŸ’¤šŸ’¤ ummmm

Dave..
    Enjoy the footy…hope the bin arrives…

Jean x

Cakey- glad you enjoyed the chocolate- like Kay said, some of us haven’t got the hang of moderation! Have you ever tried courgette- I love courgettes, so that’s one carb swap I really don’t mind! Hope the yoga’s good.
    Jean- the Nordic walking sounds lovely! I hope it doesn’t play Steve’s legs up… If your grandson is anything like my two, he’ll be glued to the screen most of the time! Is he interested in Steve’s bikes? Mine would love to help out someone who knows what they’re doing around engines. My eldest lost quite a bit of weight once he got seriously interested in girls- he tried on some older trousers recently & they fell down! So maybe that’ll happen to your grandson- it’s a difficult age…
    Kay- hope those scales are nicer to you at the end of the week; you do well to keep to 300 cals on a FD!
    I tried a recipe for spinach, feta & sun dried tomato ‘wraps’- the wrap was actually like a really thin omelette. It was nice- & actually really filling- I don’t get full up very often šŸ™‚ Will do that again!
    Enjoy those pancakes!

Home from lovely yoga class. Small bowl chilli, no spaghetti. Non planned FD, just felt in the mood. Chocolate must have hit the spot. Finished on 497 calories

Made pancakes with summer fruits, maple syrup and double cream. I didnā€™t have any – will power strong today. Iā€™m going to tell the scales all about it and hope they listen.

See you all tomorrow

CW

Cakey Wakey…
    You are very strong and positive….really good…..what scales would argue with you!

šŸ˜‚Jean x

Cakey Wakey I get Google to change the TV channels,I just say hey Google itv or sky sports 1 and it changes.Alexa is good for food ideas, she will give you a recipe, my phone is like lighting now after the reset.

Morning all!
    Cakey- well done you! That was amazing will-power with the pancakes… obviously your treat earlier in the day worked well to give you a boost!
    Jean- hope you’re not stiff today after the walking! I have decided I need to take a leaf out of your book about eating mindfully; we do eat in front of the TV quite a bit, & don’t really appreciate the food then!
    Lynne- thinking of you today- did you & Phil do much for valentine’s day when he was well?
    Am seeing my Home-Start family today, no doubt for a trip to the park, it’s going to be very cold again… šŸ™

Viewing 50 posts - 15,901 through 15,950 (of 35,389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.