Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 17 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,451 through 15,500 (of 35,392 total)

• When I go to the pharmacy they tried to get the doctor to put me on stomach protection tablets,I have been on naproxen for a few years now, no problems at all,my chicken is cooking now, feel hungry now.

Finished now both very hungry today from lunch time….???….

Egg, bacon and tomato tonight…always miss the bread…lol

Have a good finish fasters…

Jean x

Good to hear, Brads.

Hope all the fasters keep strong this evening- sounds as though you’ve all done well today! The forum’s been busy too- lots going on, sorry if I forget anyone, especially with going onto a new page!
    Kay- glad Neil’s Mum is going home, hope that she is okay overnight. Does she need carers usually? I hope that his uncle improves as well.
    Lynne- you sound very thorough with the decorating, doing a proper job- that’s how I was brought up!!
    Jean- doing the history of your friend’s cottage is a lovely idea, very thoughtful.
    Paula- sweet potato chilli recipe:
    Fry 1 onion in 1 tbsp. oil for 5 mins. Add 2 chopped chillis & 3 chopped cloves garlic (I don’t use that much!), fry another couple of minutes. Peel & cube 2 large/ 3 small sweet potatoes, stir in 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp ground cumin, 2tsp paprika, salt & 1 tsp cocoa powder. Stir & then add 1 tin tomatoes, 1 tin kidney beans, & juice from 1 lime. Cook on low for 1 hour, add more liquid if needed. Serves 4, 212 cals per serving, & does freeze well- I make a batch & freeze individual portions.
    One pot Thai curry:
    Put 2 chopped chillis, 6 shredded spring onions, 1″ finely chopped ginger, 100g puy lentils, & 200g brown rice into a saucepan with 1.5l veg stock. Bring to the boil, then add 2 tbsp. green thai curry paste. Simmer 30 mins until lentils & rice are cooked. Stir in 1 can reduced fat coconut milk, 225g can water chestnuts & simmer 5 mins. Then add 200g beansprouts, some lime juice & 200g spinach, cook another couple of minutes until spinach is wilted, then serve. Serves 6- 242 cals per serving. This freezes really well too.
    Quinoa & bulgar wheat are both pretty low cal & quite filling too- sometimes I make a sort of risotto with them & different veggies.

Thats my fluid fast complete and it wasnt too bad to be fair.

Sounds like everyone has done ok.

Lets see what the scales say in the morning…ho hum

FD for me today, is anyone with me? Going to be quite busy, so hopefully it’ll pass quickly!

Hi everyone 🙂

Friday at last, and a good weigh-in for me this morning .. 2lbs gone! So, that’s 3lb in the last two weeks. I’m quite happy with that. Hope other’s have good results too 🙂

NFD today, but being sensible.

Have a good morning, I’ll be back later to read everyone’s news 🙂

xx

Morning all

Feeling very disheartened now. I had lost weight, but I weighed myself this morning and I am back to the original weight I was when I started 5:2 on 3rd January 2018. I’m walking lots, I’m being so good with food. I must be doing something wrong 😥😥

Paula x

Morning All..
    What a foggy damp day…first fog of the season we tend to get it in October…

Going to GP then off shopping a bit….

Weigh in this morning 1 lb on for Steve …2 lbs on for me….Xmas things which we had left, we have been good but mine sweeper the last bits add up!!

It’s been a funny week with Steve at hospital and things but no excuses!!!!

Never mind…

Kay..
    Water fast ..well done…I am going to look at our TDEE Steve should be eating more…hands slapped 😂

Hedgehog…
    Sorry not with you today…a day off but we are being more thoughtful….I will be about for a chat later…support if needed..

DF…
    You put me to shame….well done on 2 lbs off…..

Paula…
    Keep going you will be fine…your body will be getting used to it…we will hold hands together…sometimes you may loose more next week…we both hope….I did some naughties…think back did you?

Think….No carbs on a FD….no sweet things, fizzy drinks, crisps in the week, very wrong calories.

We have been very good I have counted the calories stayed under TDEE but wrong sugar calories for us…I should know better…Xmas things now gone!!

Keep positive you will be fine…

Lynne..
    Hope the bedroom is getting sorted have a good busy weekend decorating….

Have a good day everyone…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Cold one this morning, heavy frost but no fog, had that yesterday.

Jean, hope all goes well at GP and enjoy your ‘thoughtful’ day off.

Hedgehogs, I’m with you today. Keeping busy is going to be the key for both of us.

Paula, keep at it but as Jean said not all calories are equal. I try and keep away from sugar and refined carbs. We’ve got you.

DF, well done on the 3lb loss in 2 weeks. Nearly the weekend.

Kay, hope the scales are kind following your fluid fast, I may try fluids only today, but I’ll see how I go this evening.

CW, are you back home permanently now, or still moving between home and parents? Must be difficult to fast if you’re not in control of meals.

Brads, how was the chicken last night? The recipe looked good, thanks for sharing.

Busy day for me today, going to try to get all the sanding, chalking and washing down done on the bedroom and he downstairs loo. Figured as I’ll have a roller in may as well take advantage and knock off 2 rooms in one go.

Still not sure what flooring to use. WAs thinking of vinyl planks, but afraid they’ll dent too easily. May have to be laminate again, but I usually fit it myself and not sure I can be bothered at the moment. I think I’ll go to a local shop, have a look at some samples and get some fitting costs, then make a decision.

Hope everyone has a great day. Back later, covered in dust.

Hi all – at my desk but GRIM!

NFD for me, and going out for tea with the boy before shinty as the OH is going to work late. Have one thing I must write today, and then it may well be back home to bed until school finishes.

Paula – you’re in good company to have those who understand the ups and downs of this WOL. Jean, I know, has gone through the frustrations of it. And for ages before Christmas I couldn’t get anything to stay off for more than a few days. But the trajectory is always the right one! Now, my apologies to any gentlemen, but I also think it’s worth having half an eye to your ‘cycle’! There’s about a week in mine when I could eat nothing at all…and still I’d gain weight. I think that’s partly also to do with my age.

Hedgehogs – like the look of your chili recipe. I have something similar for sweet potatoes (we call them kumara in our house) and all sorts of veg but taking it Indian by using copious amounts of garam masala…this may be something for when the weather turns bitter again next week!

Hope your FD goes well – and anyone else joining you.

Mx

Hi All, thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it! 🙂

Jean, thank you for putting it into perspective for me! Now I can see it in writing, perhaps I haven’t been doing so well as I thought I was! I have been sticking to my TDEE but I have been concentrating on calories rather than not including carbs. I have been eating healthily – low fat options, fruit, veg and salad etc, but I have been eating carbs – Weight watchers bread, cereals and pasta – not lots of it, but I have been eating them! Oh well, at least I know now and it is part of a learning curve which I guess we all have to go through!

Hedgehogs – thank you for the recipes, they look lovely and I will definitely try them! I will let you know how I get on!

Dragonfly – well done on the weight loss – thats a great achievement 🙂

So, I have a problem this evening! We are going to the cinema which is not a problem, but my other half now wants us to go for a meal too! Help! I will just have main course and no dessert but is that really going to put me back a lot more!

Paula x

Paula- I know how you feel- I’ve had weeks where I have been good & not lost anything, & I’m doing ADF so either 3 or 4 FDs a week! You could try doing 3 FDs if nothing shifts another week. & Minols is right about cycles… Enjoy yourself tonight!
    Well done DF! & Steve!
    Lynn have a good FD too! I’m very, very hungry already! 🙁

Hi All…

Back from our shopping spree…it was a tablet review and chat with GP…all is well and he agrees with our decision made on the monitoring…stopped some tablets and cut down on others…so we are pleased.

We are having an Indian tonight it’s a while since I made one and a glass of red wine. We are changing bits and pieces of dietary things for Steve and a glass of red is on the list…I must incorporate it into 5.2 but not every day…

Paula…
    I would keep away from ‘diet low calorie food’…as it’s full of sugar….if you have the full fat version it’s much better for you and keeps you fuller longer. We have whole milk and butter. It’s hard after going to WW as it goes against what they tell you.

If you have time look up Dr Fung on line, he does some 30 mins videos on u tube, very interesting..very much to Michael Mosley thinking….some are more us than others…..I have his book and Robert Lustig…both brilliant doctors…

Hedgehog…
    Steve put a pound on!….lol

Keep going…still early to be hungry….

Minols…
    Take it steady….can’t you get a supply in to help out?….

Lynne..
    Laminate is a good for wearing….you are very good if you can do it yourself…I can lay it, it’s the twiggly bits around doors and some edges…good idea to catch small rooms as you go, I do that depending if it’s near by…you get 2 for 1…lol…hope all goes well…

Kay..
    How has your weigh in gone this morning?…I shall have a look on TDEE later for us both, more for Steve..

Brad..
    Hope the chicken went down well last night ..

Jean x

Hedgehogs – its a nightmare isn’t it as I thought I was doing well! My other half bought cream cakes this week and I managed to resist them and yet I still put on weight!

Thanks Jean! Yes maybe that is where I am going wrong. It was Slimming World that I did but didn’t get on with! I also did a local authority run weight loss plan a couple of years ago, where in fairness I did lose a lot of weight, but they drummed into you about having low fat and low sugar foods and checking the labels which I am still in the habit of doing. I agree, some products are misleading – they are low in fat but compensate by being high in sugar so they get you every way! 🙂

I will try to look up Dr Fung at the weekend!

I am so hungry now, so I think its lunch time!

Paula x

Morning/Afternoon all

Well Im joining the people on the side of the room whos weight is up…lol
    Only 0.3 but it shouldnt be up at all as Im been quite good! Mind you last Fridays weigh in was after 2 b2b fasts, so maybe that wasnt an accurate reading.

Anyway, thats ok, head down again this week and a loss next Friday 🙂

DF, well done! Everyone else – heres to next week!

Paula, dont be disheartened, you are just starting out and it takes a bit of getting used to. We will get you in track! Dont worry about tonight, just enjoy it! Thats the beauty of the 5:2 you work around the social stuff. If you dont, it wont work as life is about those occassional meals out and drinks etc.
    When are you planning to have your 2 fast days this week? Do you eat quorn? I use it regularly for a low cal filling meal.

Lynne, busy busy! Its quite nice to see things progress though.

Minols, its tough having to be in the office when you feel rough. Is there anyone who can stand in so you just do the bare essentials?

Jean, has Steve gone back to hissing at the scales..lol

Brads and Mstar, hows it going? Pseu, how about you?

Hedgehogs and Lynne, good look on todays fast.

Nothing much planned for today. Cant start packing stuff away yet as the house is all tidy ready for landlord showing a family around..lol
    No call from Neils mum or the careline so thats good as she had a peaceful night hopefully. Will talk to her later.
    Resistance work later – time to scare those muscles!

Catch everyone later. Have a good Friday x

Had enough. Finished my writing and going home!

Mx

Sometimes you dont lose weight,it happens,but if you stay with it it will come off eventually.

My weigh-in tomorrow,i only get weighed once a week.I found a nice ready meal in Sainsbury`s today,I think its 360 calories so that will be my fast meal on Monday.Its chicken,tomato and basil.I will be very happy if i remain the same weight,any loss will be a bonus.

Aching in places I didn’t know I have and today I only chalked around the ceiling, sanded, washed down and pulled up old laminate. I remember now the pain of decorating Bec’s room, but at the point of no return.

Out tomorrow morning at sixth form college with Bec for an interview then hope to get the base coat and ceiling done.

Not sure I can move from the sofa for the rest of the evening. Had a lovely shower earlier but could really do with a good soak in the bath, if only I had a bath!

Hedgehogs, how are you holding up?

Is it bedtime yet?

Lynne x

Hi Lynne…we’ll done! You’re right, decorating always finds the obscure muscles not included in any Grey’s Anatomy book! There’s a research project here for a doctor, surely. And if they want another one, then I suggest a comparative analysis of levels of mucus created in any winter season on the UK…I volunteer!

Mx

The chicken was delicious, will definitely have it again.

Kay…
    Sorry you too…I feel like throwing the scales…lol…..we have had a nice day off today a lovely Indian meal but thoughtful now for rest of week. I will try and eat more…

Brad..
    A nice meal found for your next FD thinking ahead….

Lynne….
    Loads done and an aching body poor you…..a glass of wine would be nice……a few more days and it will be lovely…good luck on Bec tomorrow …

Minols..
    Early bed for you…have a snuggle…

Jean x

I am waiting to have a new kitchen fitted, then decorate the rest of the house 😄🤤😣.I have just paid for my car insurance for the next 12 months, AXA my insurance I have now have put it up by over£100 so I have moved and got my insurance and 12 months car breakdown cover and still saved over£50.😁😁😁

Brad …
    The insurance company’s are terrible…we argued and got £80 off ours last month

A new kitchen something to look forward to…

Jean x

Lynee- hope that you’ve survived the evening- bedtime at 4.30- you & me both I think! I saw my Home-Start family, had a lovely time at the park with the little girl, then we got cold so came back to do some craft- after sitting on their tiled floor doing gluing & sticking I was so cold… would’ve loved to have gone to bed. Now coughing well- Minols: I don’t produce much mucus, just really dry & scratchy & tickly cough always, while everyone else in the family is very ‘productive’ usually! Have cancelled the Church team thing I was going to do tomorrow- 2 hours outside offering prayer- I think they’d look at me & I’m not a very good advert at the moment!! Hope you’re soon better, but I guess Sunday will be down to you regardless?
    Brad- have fun getting the kitchen done, & hope that the ready meal is good next week!
    Kay- glad that you had an undisturbed night!
    Roll on tomorrow morning- I’m hungry- feed a cold, isn’t it?!!
    You’re all getting rid of the scales then!! Sorry Jean- I must’ve misread your post as I thought Steve had lost!

Hello

Hope all well, hope insurance doesn’t turn out to be difficult. We are hoping we are covered for the floor.

Still at mum and dads, will pop home at the weekend to see how things are progressing at home but otherwise I think I’m reverting to my 16 year old self. All meals made, washing and ironing done. Mum and dad can’t do enough. I’m never leaving.

I might get to see m husband tonight, he’s been staying at the house all week to let the stream of workmen in. But he’s coming over tonight.

Minols – just read you’re a minister. My father in law was too. He was Methodist. Hope you’re feeling better.

Lynne – I have to confess I’ve never done any decorating. When the girls were little I always just looked after them and left my husband to get on with things. Now I use the same excuse with the dog. Gloss paint and golden retriever are not good together. I could do with stretching those muscles though.

Good luck Brad with the weigh in. I’m a bit scales obsessed. I wish I had the discipline to weigh once a week. Even once a day but I can’t resist.

Kay – 0.3 up is not too much to worry about. Less than. a cup of tea! Talking of tea I’m drowning in it. The kettle is always on it seems and M&Ds

Paula – hope the rest of the day has gone well, sounds like it was a bit tough going this morning.

Hello to hedgehogs, Jean and dragonfly too? And anyone else I’ve not said hello too in my scrolling

CW

Up early- coughing all night… Lazy day for me!
    Cakey- I’m the same with scales when I think I’ve done okay & might have lost, but if not, I won’t go near them! Golden retrievers are gorgeous, but definitely not good around paint!

Morning All..

A miserable day here…we have decided not to go away as wet and wintery showers forecast next week…we don’t mind cold and dry…so we will watch the weather for the next few weeks as nothing planned.

Just booked our summer trip in the caravan all around Devon area, 4 sites booked just waiting for two more to confirm…look forward to that 28 days.

Hedgehog..
    Hope you soon feel better…we are a small group and we have had a few caught up with the bug…if you are not driving…in a pan make hot whiskey or brandy with lemonade half and half in a half pint tumbler..( a squeeze of lemon and a touch of sugar but I don’t do that, it’s a shame to spoil it) …get 4 or 5 in you..it really works, in 2 or 3 days…..a remedy a bar owner told me in Spain …I was so ill.

It’s funny I said to Steve in bed have we plenty of whiskey in…if we get ill…

Minols..
    Recipe above…works wonders..hope you are coming around too

Before you pull a face it’s medicinal.!!

Have a good weekend everyone…hope no one else has the bug…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Jean, you made me laugh with your ‘before you pull a face’, something my mum would have said. My dad always believed in a hot toddy, but what would you expect from an ex-licensee. Good idea to stay put if the weather is not going to be good.

Minol, hope the mucus stream has dried up. We ‘rattled’. for days. When the girls were small and blowing their noses I used to tell them to keep blowing until they stopped rattling when they breathed in through their nose. When Hannah had a cold at Christmas she said if she did that she’d never be able to stop blowing.

Hedgehogs, hope you’ve warmed up. Being cold is miserable when you don’t feel well.

Kay, that gain wouldn’t even register on most scales and could easily be the difference in weighing before or after a bathroom visit.

CW, the only time my husband decorated was before we got married, clearly trying to make a good impression. Even though he was a foot taller than me I’d climb up and down the step ladder even when the girls were little and in bouncy chairs.

DF, hope you’re having a relaxing weekend.

Paula, how are you doing? Keep in touch, it helps.

Brads, hope the weigh in went well today.

My scales seem to be the well behaved ones of the class this week. 2lb off so only half a pound to Christmas Eve weight, and now only 5lb to a healthy BMI. Hoping to be there by the end of Feb, then the fun starts to get to a reasonable weight within the ‘healthy’ range.

Not sure I’ll get all the decorating I planned done today, lots of running around and can’t start painting then need to go out as I’ll have even more white in my hair. Need to go to the tip as well with all the old laminate and fitted wardrobe but will have to try to engage some help with that.

Catch you all later.

Lynne x

Well I did say I would be happy with not gaining, but I did even better I lost 2lbs😁😁😁 so I am very happy. My wife’s concoction for when you are feeling cold symptoms is to have a good amount of rum mixed with hot milk,I don’t like any spirits but tried this when i had a cold and couldn’t taste anything, and it was amazing.

Lynne..
    Well done on your 2 lb off.. too busy to eat .. lol

You sound very much like me I used to do everything from climbing ladders to burn off paint to electric light fittings, you name it I did it.. the same as you potty training as I went.. I got stuck on a roof once above the front door easy to stretch up but 2 “ too short to find my steps 😂 a good neighbour helped..strange now for Steve as I am always in his shadow learning the proper way… but he doesn’t mind.. I am his knees when he can’t kneel..

Take it steady aching ..like you we have no bath.. these are the times you need one..and a glass of red.

Brad..
    You are really doing well 2 lbs off for you.. is that 7 lbs or more… I am glad you took notice to start straight away and not wait…you might have the stone off by February .. 😁👍

Did the rum and milk work??.. not heard of that one.

Daughter and SIL are passing from York so dropping in for a cuppa… I am now thinking didn’t want to really open the biscuits.. 😬.. we will see..

Jean x

Yes it was very good the rum and milk,i told my mate at work about it and it worked for him and he loves the taste of it too.Just over 7lbs in two weeks so doing very nicely.

Brad…
    The 5.2 seems to be doing well for you and it’s worked around your wife’s Birthday ..
    7 lbs is great and not half way through the month yet.
    Are you wanting to loose weight or is it for a special occasion or just to be healthy ..what ever the reason..
    You are doing great.

Jean x

I want to be a fat busting British so here goes,first day, doing ok
    looking forward to my fasting days am trying, Wednesday and Thursdays as I tend to be busy, see how it goes x

Hi Lacewing! I’m sure there’ll be some-one fasting with you Weds & Thurs for support!
    Well done Brad, & Lynne!
    Jean- stuck on the porch-Lol! Couldn’t do without my bath!
    Thanks for the hot toddy ideas- would’ve had them a few years ago but can’t drink alcohol now- reacts with medication & makes me feel ill! 🙁
    Did brave the scales earlier, 1lb down, not sure how!

Its my birthday soon so hope for a repeat of the wife`s birthday,although I expect I will have a couple of extra pints,was rushed on her birthday because they were having their Christmas party the day we went in.I want to lose weight because I am 23 stone.I would be ecstatic if I could lose 5 stone.So watch this space

Thanks hedgehogs for reply, doing two days together seems extreme, I just happen to be busy on these days,it’s probably not ideal but we’ll see all good x
    Am 63 years, 14 st. 9b,5ft 3″. Chelmsford based.
    I have grandchild on Wednesday, more of a work out! Painting Tuesday keeping my mind busy too x

Brad good intentions, believe it’s free in our area for over 65 to start swimming so we’re too young lol, something to look forward tox

Hedgehog..
    Good the scales are moving …well done on the pound off…you are very consistent ..

Lacewing..
    Welcome come and join us..a few newbies here at the moment and they are doing well…no free swimming here in Yorkshire just a bit cheaper…Steve said we are swimming next week but we have been going for 6 months and still not got there..😂..grandchild will keep you on the go even one day…

Brad…
    We had a lady on here who lost 6 stone so it’s very possible…when is it your birthday?

Daughter and SIL popped for a cuppa, had a couple of hours chat…biscuits still unopened they had just eaten…thank goodness ..phew..she seems quite bright at the moment…

Jean x

Nearly there 64 this month.

Grr

2lbs up this morning.

Ive noticed that when my weight goes up I call it a spike, blaming water retention,food in transit, too much salt etc and tell myself it’s only temporary and will be gone tomorrow.

Whereas 2lbs down I would be congratulating myself, convinced it’s a permanent trend and absolute fat loss.

I guess this tells me two things, firstly that’s a danger of weighing myself every day, you get things out of perspective and secondly I am in denial whenever I put weight on and that’s why it creeps up bit by bit.

I have no magic answer but mindset has to change to be successful.

Hard living at parents, I realise how different our eating patterns are. They are retired and as soon as they’ve finished one meal they start planning the next, if not before. Mealtimes are quite an occasion and after deciding what to have, dad pops out for whatever ingredients – he likes cooking (which is lovely). Whereas we both work full time, lots of evenings and work away. Meals are as and when, often on the run and usually based on whatever can be found at the time. We eat out a lot, but not for dinner, we go to coffee shops for breakfast or for lunch most Saturday and Sunday.

It’s an observation, not a criticism. Feeling quite privileged to spend time with them and noticing their age and forgetfulness increasing Treasuring the evenings as my husband watches sport with dad as mum and I play scrabble.

Feeling reflective to be grateful for what I have.
    CW

CW- I do weigh myself too often & am so up & down mood-wise along with the scales, so I understand what you mean!
    I’m glad that you’re enjoying the time with your parents- I live round the corner from mine so am very lucky. My Dad sounds similar to yours with meal planning, shopping etc., although unfortunately I think it’s an obsession with him & he is very overweight. Noticing the forgetfulness with my Mum especially too- getting to the point of concerning with her, dementia runs in her side of the family. She loves scrabble type games too (Banangram is her favourite)- haven’t been able to play a game with her this weekend as I don’t want to spread the germs about!
    Jean- glad that your daughter seemed brighter yesterday.
    Minols- hope that you’re feeling a bit better?
    Should be a FD for me- not sure if I have the willpower today with still feeling not great, so it might just be a low day, we’ll see!

Morning All..
    A brighter day here…

Steve’s birthday early February so booked a mini cruise from Hull to Rotterdam , it’s a there and back with the day in Amsterdam…it’s ages since I have been, I went with my Mum dare I say 50 years ago..😬..they do good deals at this time of the year..£174 for both of us, includes up grade of cabin ( side by side bunks), 2 full buffets dinners and the return bus to Amsterdam. Definitely no holding the food for two days!..
    He would like a new radio for the garage as the one he has crackles all the time..popping out later to Curry’s..

Cakey Wakey…
    We both laughed at what you said about your parents…it could be us…we plan and talk what we are eating all the time between us…our USA daughter always says, 3 meals on the dot and set in stone, very much like yours….does she think we are loosing our way too…she keeps quiet on that one…lol

I wondered if I should weigh every day but I will leave it to once a week, and an extra sneaky one sometimes…it will come off, it goes up and down vastly..

Hedgehog…
    Hope you soon feel better..will it be a day or two off work?

Enjoy the times with your parents all special times even if we are pains at times….I still miss mine after 40 odd years..

Lynne..
    Hope you have paintbrush or roller in hand…have a good day….

Brad..
    64 years…Steve’s 69 early February…..getting a bit old now…onwards and forwards…getting the holidays planned…lol

Jean x

Morning everyone

CW, don’t be too disheartened by the 2lb, I know they may be used as excuses but it really could be water retention, food in transit or too much salt. I weigh daily, but instead of feeling it gets things out of perspective, I find it helps me understand my body and always look at what I weighed the same day last week as a comparison and look at trends rather than daily ‘spikes’ or ‘troughs’.

Hedgehogs, hope you’re feeling better soon. Take it easy if you can.

Minols, busy day for you I know, hope the cold is better. If not, hope you kept the sermon short and that you practice what you preach and look after yourself.

Brads, another 2lb is great, as Jean said really glad you threw a few FD in this birthday month as it’s not only counteracted any birthday excesses, but you’ve had a loss as well.

Jean, a mini cruise sounds lovely, a bit of a pamper for you both.

DF, Kay hope you’re both having a great weekend.

Well the decorating hasn’t happened this weekend. Yesterday I sneezed all day, don’t think it’s a cold, just my allergies playing up but not conducive to painting. Today I’ve decided to get housework done and do a trip to the tip and get the paintbrush out tomorrow after Bec’s gone to school. Throughout the week then I’ll just give everything a lick and promise until the painting’s finished.

Carpet shop was closed so will go one day on the way home with Bec and I’ve got a plumber coming tomorrow to look at restoring our bathroom to a ‘bath’ room. Need some advice from him before I start looking at bathroom suites and flooring.

Off to vacuum the landing outside Bec’s room and see if she get’s the hint it’s time to get up.

Lynne

We are having a new ceiling in the bathroom tomorrow,just been to Argos to buy a new blind for the window. Got all the tiles brilliant white so got to paint the door and then it will look new. Not had anything to eat yet today and it’s not a fast day.Roast beef Yorkshire pudding and veg for evening meal, so not sure how many calories that will be.I think it’s a good idea to only get weighed once a week.

Hi all,
    Joining in the sales new settee,DHS as advertised, flue seems to be sneeking in, son seems poorly at the mo sounds like hedghogs, think we’ve had something too. Shall weigh in a week.
    Good to get out today, wk out
    Unexpected grandchild duty may take advantage and eat less.How lovely a new ceiling, hope all goes wellx

Morning all!
    I didn’t manage a FD yesterday, so will be joining the mass Monday fast!
    Going to the funeral directors today to arrange FIL’s funeral- poor hubby had another stressful day yesterday with more family problems… Hopefully will be over soon & we’ll never have to speak to them again!
    Lacewing- enjoy your day with the grandchild!
    Lynne, Brad, Mstar & Cakey- hope all the decorating & building work goes well!
    Jean- the mini cruise sounds great!

Morning all, hope you had a good weekend (I need to go and catch up with posts!!)

Welcome Lacewing .. nice to have you here 🙂

FD for me today. Wasn’t too well yesterday, this stomach virus is hanging around for some reason, so feeling a bit delicate still 🙁

Counting down till home time already and its only 8am!!

xx

Hi all

Joining the Monday fasters today – hungry already, which is not like me!

An office day, writing a tonne of stuff as I’m at a conference Weds/Thurs/Fri this week. Tomorrow will mainly be filled with funeral and committal for a beloved elderly gentlemen in the congregation.

So today is it – have to get everything done!

Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 15,451 through 15,500 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.