Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 3 hours, 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,701 through 14,750 (of 35,390 total)

• Nah, your weight shouldn’t affect them, especially not on your forearms. I’ve got loads of tattoos, and whilst I’ve never been really big they’ve never been affected.

Minols..
    I like it and it suits you….you are funny …would love to see you at work on a Sunday..I bet you have them in stitches…I can see you confused with pencils out of your nose…

Our local vicar, a bit of hells angel, motorbike with sidecar, a very colourful waist coat, 16” single plait down the back of his head….get the picture…one Christmas Eve he had a helicopter flying around the church…he had the full attention of the children..not stuffy at all…

Jean x

Jean- my friend’s in the same position as your neighbour- her hubby is a lorry driver too, and they’re quite a trek from hospital. We’ve offered to help out if needed- hubby’s delivered a few babies in his time, so that’s not a problem! I think he’s taking some time off before the baby comes though.
    I’m not sure about the divorce for my mid-life crisis!!
    Minols- I like the idea of witnessing through your tattoos! (maybe Romans 6:19,20!)
    I want to climb Snowdon too, next year. Not as adventurous as your trip, Minols, but I might get a taste for it!
    Hope you’re all holding up okay this evening, fasters! I’ll be back to it tomorrow…

Hedgehog…
    Help I can’t deliver babies…I don’t mind giving her support and the lift…lol…her Mum isn’t too far away it’s if she kicks off and they are not about….

I wouldn’t recommend a divorce, it just wasn’t working, he drank too much, I was a housekeeper, living like brother and sister! Walking on egg shells all the time…all very happy now….

Jean x

Not the one to help with childbirth either! Wrong half of the family. Two midwives, and the rest of us pass out at the sight of blood! Food luck to those who may have their hand gripped painfully hard…

Mx

Minols….love the tattoo ideas….go for it!

Jean, hope the neighbour doesnt leave it to the last minute before shouting for your help..lol

How did the fasting go everyone?

We had a nice walk, not too far today as Ellie seemed quite slow today. I didnt eat all day, but I did succumb to a cider on a refreshment stop sat on an outdoor pub rooftop with a view of the bay 🙂

DF, hope your evening went ok and it wasnt too manic.

Pseu, sounds like you have had a good clearout recently. Save the next clear out for another FD!

Hedgehogs, did you manage to skip dinner to balance out the flapjack?

Lynne, Rowena, hows it going?

Im not going to fast tomorrow, as we enjoy our ‘Friday Fizz night’ so there will be a bottle of prosecco in the fridge. I will cook a healthy meal though and keep it low in the day.
    Neils working tomorrow so I’ll be doing stuff in the house and will nip out to the shops.

Still trying to sort out his birthday..lol x

Kay- I’m envious of your walk! Sounds great! Yes, I did skip dinner, and now FD for me today. Not sure what we’ll have yet, but shopping today- & test driving some cars!!

Morning All..

A lovely blue sky this morning….we have seen no fog at all these last 6 weeks we usually have it bad..😀

1 lb off for me this morning…Steve the same…..I am still up by 4 lbs since holiday, quite hard to move this time…..Steve is hovering about the same weight for the last year, he said it looks like this is his maintaining weight, up and down by a pound. His legs aren’t good enough for any excerise, swimming would the best but it would be just kicking his legs off a float not actually swimming it cramps his legs. We might have to accept that…still continuing on 5.2 to maintain..I am still working to get more off to be the middle of my maintaining range..4 or 5 lbs…

Off to get my 6 weekly cut and blow…only a trim as I had quite a bit off last time…..then I am off to the opticians to get my glasses altered..about the 12th time! they are giving me brain pain, like a bruised head, not headaches…off to see the manager to let him sort it.

Kay..
    Lovely area you were walking in…Ellie is funny, she had lost Neil…you are as bad as us, you cider me Guinness 😂 any excuse….but we both enjoyed it that’s the main, we have to live and fast..

Hedgehog..
    Good luck on the car hunt, hope you find something to suit..

Running a bit late catch everyone later…..NFD an off day…steak and merlot tonight!!

Jean x

Had to scrape ice off the windscreen this morning, definitely nippy!

Not eating anything this morning until I go out for a meal this afternoon, not struggling too much.

Do you like going to the hairdresser’s Symba? I know a lot of people like it but I hate it.

Pseu…
    I don’t mind the hairdressers it’s only every 6 weeks…nice to have a different chat..when it’s just Steve and I it’s a change…I walk it’s only two mins away…

All done and feel good again…I get grumpy if hair isn’t right…

Off to sort glasses out now…steve ready to go….

Enjoy your meal…we have not had lunch as having steak and wine tonight, Friday off…😀..just to pull back..

Jean x

Re weight this morning just jotting our weights down in the book…Steve has lost a pound…so a pound each!

I am glad he has, he had a downer….😀

Xx

Hope you get your classes sorted, Jean- otherwise you might as well move in! And enjoy the dinner tonight!
    I seem to be copying you & doing baking every FD at the moment- youngest son’s cakes for school last Wednesday, now eldest son (& his work colleagues!) have requested carrot cake! That’s my favourite, so not sure how I’ll resist it… Car hunting was interesting- we went out for a drive in a Fiesta ST (the sporty/ hot hatch!) and it was really nice! So we are even further from deciding what to get- hubby has got someone coming to get the landrover on Sunday, and got a reasonable price for it, but I’ll miss it!
    But the best bit of the day today has been going out on my bike again- yippee! I have a lovely racing bike & used to do a lot of cycling before all my neck problems, so haven’t been able to do any for 3 years now… I just did a 5 mile circuit, without feeling too bad- nothing like what I used to do, but I’m happy if I can just do that regularly! And the padded cycling leggings fit now too!

welll that is pretty interesting

Hedgehog…

Looks like the glasses are better…I always have problems..must have a funny head..🤪

I have been baking again, some chocolate muesli buns, they last about three weeks so no dash to eat..I do love baking, fancy making some coconut macaroons…and bread…

Glad you have found a car or interested in one…and a buyer for your Range Rover that’s good…hope your boys appreciate your baking and enjoy of course..

I sold my bike the traffic frightens me…I would like bike lanes like Germany then I would enjoy it…you will get some calories burnt..

Vicki…
    Are you passing through or joining us…you are very welcome if you want to…

Jean x

Evening everyone

FD fine so far with just coffee, but more difficult in the cold weather.

Pseudo, I’m with you. Never really liked the hairdressers but not so bad now I go to the hairdresser’s house. She has a room kitted out as a salon and it’s just her, me and the girls, and her beautiful weimaraner.

Hedgehogs, glad you seem to have found a car. I hate changing my car and I’ve only ever had 4 in over 30 years, though did go a few years without one when work was within walking distance.

Jean, you do seem to have problems with your glasses, pleased they seem to be resolved and well done both on your 1lb loss. Fancy trying to keep Steve loss quiet!

Minols, I’m terrified of heights so you’d never get me jumping out of a plane. The small ferris wheel at LEGOLAND was enough, I made everyone sit in silence until we got off, though the London Eye was bearable but only with a couple of glasses of champagne at the same time.

DF, hope yesterday evening wasn’t too manic. Hope you have a great weekend.

Kay, it would be rude not take advantage of refreshment opportunities when going for a walk. Enjoy ‘Friday Fizz’.

Going to really try and avoid any unwanted chips this evening, I’ll give them to the dog. Off now to feed the furry ones as I’m being stared at and there’s a mass exodus to the kitchen every time I move.

Lynne x

Hi All…
    We have had a lovely meal and a bottle of wine…dressed the lounge table, nice talking ..lovely night..all done now may have a brandy later…

Talking Holidays although a few here talking of Nigeria Falls…I think we fancy the Rockies..room for thought…count the pennies..😀

Lynne…
    I always have problems with glasses, I just get them sorted then I have to change them…

Good luck tonight I hope you have your furry friends to help you..😀

Hedgehog..
    Hope your days going well…hold tight….Days nearly over..

Have a lovely weekend everyone…
    Jean x

Morning all. Tool yesterday off with the boy as it’s an in-service day up here. Went across to Edinburgh…love walking around that city, it’s so layered. End up at Dynamic Earth…had to go round twice as the boy loves it so much. Excellent day out.

Today will be spent digging as long as OH gives me a hand with the last few fence posts…they’re not the pushover th other were. Mostly the fence has proved rotten, so relating it with a flat boundary of sleepers seemed easy..ha! I think i’ll have something special by the time we get to dinner tonight.

Have a great day, everyone.

Mx

Don’t work too hard, Minols! I keep saying I’d love to go to Edinburgh… never get round to it!
    Jean- well done on the pound each weight loss. I weighed myself this morning, & I’ve only lost a pound- and that’s one of the two I gained over last weekend! As everyone says, hopefully food in transit- or building muscle from the exercise I’ve done this week?!! I have tormented myself this morning with a Pinterest binge looking for inspiration for decorating my Christmas cakes… and I kept coming across recipes for brownies, truffles etc.- not sure why they all popped up when I was searching for ‘Christmas cake ideas’, but there you go!
    My dog was 13 yesterday- a bittersweet day, as she’s getting more unsteady and uncomfortable, so not sure how much longer we’ll have her… No cake allowed either because she’s prone to pancreatitis, but chicken instead!

Morning All..

A bit dismal today hope it brightens up…

We did have a very naughty day yesterday but very enjoyable…steak, Merlot, Brandy, chocolate…😬..a definite blow out….

Very light day today as we say DIY meals maybe something on toast tonight…

Looking at going to the Xmas market at Leeds, a long time since we visited…looking at train times maybe for next week..

Minols…
    Your day in Edinburgh sounded lovely and the boy enjoyed the museum…it’s a three years since we have been…such a beautiful city….only just saying yesterday may bring the caravan up to Scotland next year…we have friends in Aidrie usually catch up with a meal…

Hedgehog….
    We could say.. Snap…2 lbs on last week both 1 lb off this week…😀..a light week for us hopefully.

That Pinterest site..I have only just joined…I am scrolling through, usually on a FD .. I think I have about 30 recipes on message board…a lovely chocolate truffles recipe for Xmas…and maybe coconut macaroons ..😬😬

Did you ever look at..’pickuplimes’ site, a dietician called Sadia…all vegan and veggie recipes..really lovely ideas I use some of them, not the veggie dinners but they also look nice…I do the breakfasts.

Always quiet here at a weekend…everyone busy…have a lovely weekend guys…

Jean x

Morning everyone

Well the chips didn’t make it into the dog last night, but I only had a few. Weighed this morning and 1.3lb down, usually a bit more but not bad with an abandoned fast day.

Minols you’re up early working on the fence, definitely deserve something special for supper tonight. Not been to Edinburgh for about 40 years, then only on a day trip when visiting ‘almost’ relations in Arbroath. Must go again sometime.

Hedgehogs/Jean, you both put me to shame with your baking. These days my best effort is a cake in a mug, have to get Hannah baking when she comes home at Christmas. My favourite was Pavlova which didn’t last the journey home from school and ended up as Eton Mess which I prefer.

Pseudo, hope the visit from the parents is going well.

DF, enjoy your weekend.

Miserable day here today. Told Phil’s he’s getting a makeover – shave, haircut, nails. He was thrilled. Going to try to get into town tomorrow and get a present for Bec’s birthday next week. It’s her 16th so I like to get something to keep. Think we’re looking at a Pandora braclet and a couple of charms. Will be easy to add to in future.

Enjoying a NFD today and then going to try and keep it sensible as there will be cake next week.

Lynne x

Morning all! Yesterday afternoon/evening was a bit of a blow out for me too, but it was expected.

I love Edinburgh, I’ve only been once but I would love to go back. There are loads of places I would love to go to!

Well done Hedgehogs, Jean and Steve on your losses! I’m tossing up what to do today, be good or go to an afternoon cocktail making ‘class’. Decisions, decisions. See how I feel a bit later I think.

I agreed to go to a samba class on Monday evening, but it’s with a guy I’ve never met before so I might chicken out. If I don’t go I’ll try to go to the kickboxing class again (each time I’ve tried it’s not been on or something has happened that’s stopped me). I miss karate though, I enjoyed doing it when I was younger. I miss dancing too. 😀

Joseph was good but the wacky themed songs started getting on my pip after a while. Close Every Door was by far the best part, gave me goosebumps.

Lynne..
    Well done you seem to go over the pound on weigh loss every week..it’s working well for you..hoping Phil is feeling better after his make over…the pandora bracelet sounds a lovely idea, add memories to it over the years…

I enjoy baking that’s the problem…when I retired Steve bought me some new cake tins for my hobby..then realised 6 weeks and 6 cakes later it had to stop!..I look at a lot of recipes and that has to satisfy me ☹️..still I am now working on different dinners now, not quite the same…

Pseu…
    You have a lot on the go and different decisions to make…the cocktails sounds good.. good you enjoyed Joseph nearly….

Jean x

Pseudo, cocktail making class sounds like an essential life skill to me.

Lx

I agree, Pseudo, sounds great, hope you went!! And the samba sounds good if you like dancing!
    Lynne- I think you have enough to do without worrying about baking! Like Jean says, it’s not good for the waistline anyway!
    Been out all day, made a decision on a car, hubby’s happy!
    Pseudo- well done is not appropriate on my 1lb loss!- ‘cos I still weigh 1lb more than I did before last weekend… and with Christmas round the corner I was hoping to have a good slog for the next few weeks!

Hedgehog…
    You have got me going…made a lovely round cob loaf…new recipe, very tasty..all gone…just a slice for toast in the morning…😯…well I shared it with Steve lovely ham butties…

X

Hi all,

Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment, as I thought I was sorted out with a b&b for 3 nights for Neils 50th and a fab meal booked but whilst I was checking other stuff out…dog friendly places etc,someone else booked it on another website 😭
    Ive been desperately trying to find an alternative but there is nowhere in the right price bracket which will take Ellie, so at the moment we arent doing anything and Ive not bought him anything!!

Weight was the same yesterday, which is good considering Ive not been good!

I do need to get a grip somehow as Im still 7lbs up from where I was this time last year, when I’d lost the weight for my nephews wedding.

Jean, I take it from your comment you saw the video clip of Ellie! She wanted to go and chase after the squirrel! Thats what the commotion was about!

Hedgehogs, well done on the car decision. I hate doing that!

Pseu….glad you enjoyed Joseph, well apart from some of the songs. Close every door….I can hear it right now….

Lynne, the pandora bracelet sounds like a good idea.

Minols, hope the fence posts gave in gracefully and you had a nice dinner as compensation.

No idea what tomorrow will look like, going to see how it goes x

Kay- that’s rotten when you thought you’d sorted his birthday- have you looked at self-catering cottages in the area? There can often be some good deals this time of the year, & a lot of places seem to be doggy friendly now? Sykes cottages have some lovely properties… not sure what area you’re looking to go to? It’s frustrating when the pounds don’t shift 🙁
    I am up early this morning- of course, because it’s the first day in ages that we don’t have to be up!! Looking forward to a long walk with Mum, Sis & her dog later.
    Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning All…

A bright day today…

Looking about for a holiday next year the prices are so high…we are now looking at a DIY one..

This bread recipe so tasty and easy, most gone yesterday…a couple of slices for toast this morning..OMG…when are you making some more asked Steve….

Kay…
    We are both the same really, I have 4 / 5 lbs to loose I am finding it so hard..it’s not really going up so that’s a bonus…

Ellie was funny..I saw a man at the bottom thought it must be Neil….the place looked lovely..

I am sure something must be about where you could go with Ellie…lots dog friendly now..

Hedgehog…
    Enjoy your walk…looks lovely but maybe a wrap up warm day….very chilly here just been out to the bin!

Small dinner today…then joining the fasters tomorrow…

Jean x

Hi All…
    What a disaster of a morning searching for a holiday for next year in the Rockies in Canada in June…4 hours later and can’t put anything together… where we want to go most of the Hotels are already full only the dribs left…the company we originally nearly booked with have the most terrible reviews on trip adviser, I pull the bones out of reviews but these were so bad only a couple of good ones…

Keeping it on hold but I am not really keen now…I will not pay over the odds on a two week holiday I do like to justify the price…a definite lottery win!

I am trying to pull a caravan holiday off to France for three weeks…but nobody is biting yet…work in progress…😀

Finished eating now so fasting is in progress…is it a mass fast who’s joining us?

Have a good finish to the weekend…

Jean x

That’s frustrating Jean! But you’re right not to spend that sort of money if you’re worried about the hotels…
    NFD for me, but I’ll be keeping low- and if the scales haven’t shifted any more after last week, I’ll be doing BTB fasts all week!!
    Landrover’s gone 🙁 , but had a nice day otherwise with a good walk & catch up with family.

Hedgehog..
    Good the land rovers gone now the new car will be coming..don’t want one which may let you down…I always think sometimes the men say this to justify the change…maybe…

You are fasting with us tomorrow?

Friends have rung and meeting them in York and seeing the Xmas market but really joining them for lunch..that’s Wednesday..so it may be a b2b Monday and Tuesday to compensate this weekend and Wednesday….😬..and fasting Thursday..

Jean x

Well, I’ve been up already and got a couple of hours work done…the busiest time is definitely now hitting – I’m nowhere near ‘ready’, but that’s part of the fun of it all. But I do have the bare bones for the next month drawn up which is the safety net I always need to operate from. Just need to crack on fleshing everything out and passing work over to others for their bit. (Probably makes no sense to anyone else, but typing out where I’m at is a great comfort to me, so just bare with me!)

Meanwhile, I’ve logged my weight (too chicken to last week) and it hasn’t changed since last week’s bad discovery, so I may as well come clean. I’ve essentially put back on what I lost after my trip to Mum’s, so I’m still 11lbs away from my Christmas target and a month has been wasted! You all know how this feels, so I won’t go on about it. I will simply draw one of those legendary lines —————— and get on with it.

Today is a FD and a busy one. Bovril and seaweed to get me through the day and ham and veg this evening.

I’ll drop in when I can, and accept any shared courage and determination you can offer!

mx

Morning Minols, you are up early!! Frustrating with the weight- yes, we know how it feels! With me, both times I’ve had just one weekend off, it’s put on a couple of pounds which then won’t shift for a few weeks- why is that?! Goodness knows what’ll happen over Christmas. You’re going to find the whole of December hard, I would imagine with all the carol services/ nativity plays etc. and mince pies on offer everywhere; you can’t be rude & refuse!
    We have old friends from Holland visiting this weekend, & they always bring a boxful of Dutch goodies for us, lots of biscuits etc., which no-one else in the family eats, so I end up eating things up… maybe I’ll donate some to a food bank!
    Scales were stuck for me this morning, so I am being superstrict this week, not that I ate much last week! Keep strong Minols, and everyone else fasting!

Morning all,

FD for me too!

Lets make it a good one 🙂

x

Morning All..

A drizzly day here not very nice but a better temperature ….wondering what to do we usually like to get out for a few hours on a fast day…but really don’t want to spend money!

Dreaming last night big time..I was making trays and trays of homemade chocolates…deciding in the end only on two trays 😂….I was really thinking of making only a couple of boxes….Steve is getting excited…don’t bother!….we are not supposed to be having many…

Minols…
    You must be going around in circles at this time of the year and be organised for home and work……chicken doesn’t seem so bad …I can go back to wine, steak dinner and chocolate…oh and half a bread cob!…I will be saying oh I am up or the same…why?..😂 I haven’t had a good month up to now, still got holiday weight!

Hedgehog…
    Oh Dutch visitors that’s a hard one…they have such lovely things their cakes are to die for…enjoy and draw Minols line ____________it will be like this till January…..pull back when you can.

We are having a Xmas get together Wednesday not the best of days…our friends are so busy, their diary is always full. Our busy eating time is weekends not in the week __________Minols line drawn again….oh dear.

DF…
    Hope work is busy for you today…enjoy your lunch time walk…

Let’s have a good FD….5 up to now….hedgehog, Kay, Pseu and Lynne some of you will be with us?

PS…Minols….well done on the meeting glad it went well…move forward now 😀

Jean x

Alright, so I’ve had my first meeting of the day – I was dreading it. It happens every couple of months and I’m never happy or settled before it, as it’s about accountability for a project I’m on. This morning though, I even told the OH how much I was dreading it, and I hardly ever tell him stuff about work! But when I sat down, I remembered that actually, every time I’ve had this mentor meeting in the past I’ve always got up from it feeling better about how things are going, so I talked myself into being amused to see how that was going to be achieved this morning…and actually, even with the bits I was brutally honest and disappointed with on the project, I got up from the meeting feeling really energised and committed again – yippee!

So, I’m going to take that into the rest of today’s pile of ‘stuff’ – and that includes the ‘project’ that is this FD!
    It’s just one day – we can do it!

Mx

Morning lovely people!

Part FD for me today, I’m meant to be going to a salsa class tonight in a bar, so will likely be having a drink but I’ll hold off until then. I’m a bit nervous as I’m going with someone I’ve never met before which is a bit scary. Unless it’s cancelled since the invite was for a group and I’m the only one who joined!

Not sure what other days I can do as proper FDs yet. Maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday, maybe Friday. All depends what pops up in evenings.

Best of luck everyone on an FD today. 😀

Morning all.

Yep Im fasting with you all today. I too am applying the Minols line ________ under the weekend and moving on! I may even do a FD tomorrow too…

Ive managed to find somewhere to go for the 3 of us on Thursday, so its all systems go in planning stuff now. Hope the place we are staying, its a cabin at the bottom of someones garden….lol….Im sure it will be better than it sounds!

Jean, thats disappointing about the hotels etc. No point in paying over the odds for something not quite what you want, you’ll regret it. Dreaming of baking now as well as doing it….lol

Minols, so glad you came out of this mornings meeting feeling like you did. That will keep you buzzing for the rest of the day and hopefully it will help with you FD project!

Hedgehogs, I cant stop singing in my head ‘Close every Door’….arghhh. Need to put the radio on to hear some different tunes! When does the car arrive?

Pseu….enjoy the salsa class tonight.

Lynne, hows things?

I need to get motivated to go out and see if I can get Neil a couple of small things to open for Thursday plus Ive just realised I need to go and pick up my prescription. And Ellie needs to go for a walk. Oh well, at least it will move things on a couple of hours then My FD will be well and truly under way 🙂

Keep strong fellow fasters, its only 1 day….in fact only 10 hours til 10pm and sometime in the middle of that or just after, you will be having your healthy low calorie meal. Of course it can be done, its not as if we need to eat, its just habit and of course psychological!

Right I’ll do you all fasters a deal….if everyone of you manage to complete your FD successfully, I will stick to a drinks only FD!!!!
    So none of you will let me down will you???
    If you weaken, think of me, or come on here for some encouragement, or both!!!

Jean, Steve, Minols and DF on FDs
    Pseu, fasting until the evening
    Hedgehogs on a low day
    Me on drinks only.

Anyone else??

Lets take on the day!!!

Hi everyone!

Kay, its a deal! I’m going to push on and do this day 🙂 You are SO strong doing liquid only. Its funny, I woke up this morning thinking I’d do a no food day myself, but as times going on I’m not feeling as strong lol. If you do it, I may try!

Well, the rain held off for my lunchtime walk .. I think I’d have made myself walk in the rain today though to be honest. A lot of us a drawing a Minols __________ today haha! I had wine last night, probably too much! So __________ for me too 😛

Stay strong everyone!!

xx

Afternoon All….

Just back from getting a radiator for the utility…last year I moved the boiler into the garage when we replaced our new heating system….time flies…..can’t believe how much heat it generated. So to shut me up from moaning on how cold it is…we now have a double radiator going in, instead of single, hoping it generates enough heat as only small. So after the cuppa we will install it..😀

We are doing OK..keeping busy…2 boiled eggs for tonight and a slice of bread…better than a salad…hoping another fast day tomorrow if I can get Steve on board…

Kay….
    Really pleased you have found somewhere for Neil’s birthday….sounds as if you are with the fairies down at the bottom of the garden..Ellie will enjoy her own space to walk around…..hoping we will be OK for you to finish liquid only day..😬

Our holiday was hitting £5,000 for two weeks plus on top petrol as we were touring and meals…unacceptable to me. I could do our caravan in France, three weeks for £1,500 or not much more including spending…must work on that…😀 and my food will be much better 😂

DF…
    Thought you would have been walking..miserable here still and still drizzly…

Pseu…
    Enjoy your salsa class today….I am sure you will be fine…

Keep going guys…keep strong…

Jean x

Sounds like you’re all doing okay- glad your meeting went okay, Minols, & great positive thinking beforehand!
    Just had supervision for Home-Start about my new family- when we went through it all there’s actually quite a few positives, despite her having a rotten time of things, at least the support is helping! & more Christmas shopping done successfully afterwards, not much left to get. Had a brisk walk round the town- that might be my only exercise today, but I’m hoping to do my rebound- have been good doing that most days. Housework’s calling- yuk!

Eurgh, just went to the post office and got drenched. I’m doing fine, not hungry at all. Now have an outing planned for Friday too, so looks like tomorrow and Thurs are my fasting days. Which means I’ll be doing my body combat class on an empty stomach for the first time. Hope I manage it.

Well today I’m drinks only too, but likely not the kind of drinks you mean. 😉

3pm and all is well here….hope it is with the rest of you too!

Keep strong….dont let me fail by not keeping to your fast day!!!

Went out to Sainsburys earlier and was having a look at the non food stuff and picked up a few bits and pieces and then realised, luckily before I got anywhere near the tills, that Id left my purse at home! Thats the 2nd time in this last week….my head is all over the place! Wonder if its connected with the hot sweats Im having in the evening, again…..I thought Id come through all that!!!

Well a frantic day of meetings – haven’t touched sorting out my office, and I’m just waiting for my last meeting to arrive in 10 minutes. Too busy to worry about food. I have had Bovril and seaweed. And at one of my meetings I squandered some calories on a biscuit, but we both were determined to leave the box in the kitchen, and had so much to do we never thought of it again.

In an hour I’ll pick up the boy and he and the OH of doing ostrich for themselves. I’ll either have soup, or if I’m desperate some heck sausages and bacon. I think I might try and keep my fingers busy with some sewing tonight, and hang on until bed-time.

It’s the tricky couple of hours ahead…we can get through this everyone!

Mx

Apologies Minols, I’m sure you’re explained this before, but what do you do with the seaweed? Blend it?

Hedgehog…
    You sound like having a busy day…settling your family and Xmas shopping…

Minols…
    Keep going…just one biscuit?…..enjoy your sausage tonight if that’s what you decide on…

Kay…
    What are you like forgetting your purse…good job you remembered before the till…keep strong ..drinks only..

As for hot sweats….since loosing my weight mine have returned through the night!!..68 years!…apparently as your fat cells get smaller as you loose weight your oestrogen and progestin gets unbalanced..

Pseu..
    Minols is thinking about her holidays..😂..she wishes…lol

A small radiator job..now done after 4 hours …skirting board off, wall needs filling, wall needs painting, skirting cleaning taking off the glue and replacing back on….unfortunately everything back in my hands for tomorrow 😬..

All going very well here…missed quite a few drinks out today as too busy….about ready for our eggs now…

Keep strong everyone…nearly done..

Jean x

Almost there everyone 🙂 sounds like we’re all doing ok.

Kay how’s it going with liquid only? So strong!!

xx

All finished here…Kay tick us off your list…had 2 eggs and a slice of toast …half teaspoon of jam on last half slice of toast all under..

All set for another FD tomorrow……Steve’s given an OK…are you with us Kay?

Any one else?

Jean x

Hi Pseu
    The seaweed needs nothing doing because it’s a processed treat! Have you ever had it at a Chinese buffet…it’s all crispy crinkly and salty then. But I buy it dried in small sheets…a bit of an acquired taste but as I love salty crisp things I really like it on a FD. I’Ve only seen it on amazon unfortunately and have a crisis of conscience over the amount of packaging involved. I do wonder if a Chinese wholesaler would be able provide the equivalent…but there’s nothing like that here.

I did try muso soup for a while and I think the slimy thing in that must be seaweed, but to be honest I found it really difficult to stomach. Then someone on here suggested a teaspoon of bovril in a mug of hot water and i’Ve never looked back.

Are we all holding out alright? I opted for bovril and some thin slices of cheese in the end.

Mx

Had really yummy soup tonight- Glorious SkinnyLicious soup, Goan tomato & lentil, Asda have it on offer… I don’t always want to faff around cooking much on a FD, especially by the time I’ve cooked for the others! Have booked the exercise class tomorrow night, so if I don’t come back on Wednesday, you’ll know I’ve dropped dead!! Thanks guys, you’ve been really supportive!!
    I will fast tomorrow as well…

Viewing 50 posts - 14,701 through 14,750 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.