Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 7 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,651 through 14,700 (of 35,392 total)

• Hi everyone!

Just checking in as it’s been months and I wanted to update you all! I’ve just got back from travelling solo around Europe for 7 weeks and I had the most wonderful time, meeting amazing people and eating the most incredible food. Fasting and losing weight wasn’t on my mind for the first time in years and it was so liberating!

Now I’m back, I’ve realised that I just don’t think fasting is sustainable for me. I’ve gained back quite a bit of the weight, and while I know that fasting again would get it off, I’m not sure the mentality is right for me. Over the summer I had definitely wound up in an ‘all or nothing’ approach, eating next to nothing on FDs and way overdoing it on my NFDs. Now I’m ready to get used to a more natural way of eating, in tune with my body, without extremes. That means not fasting and ignoring hunger, but also learning to recognise when I’m full and stop, and hopefully find more balance.

In the library last weekend, just by chance, I came across Paul Mckenna’s I Can Make You Thin book and CD. Don’t know if anyone has heard of it? The premise is simple – eating when you’re hungry and stopping when you’re getting full. The hypnosis CD is designed to help reinforce good eating habits and the book has lots of tips to help you improve your relationship with yourself too. It probably all sounds a bit hippyish but after just a few listens of the CD and a read of the book at the weekend, I’m not overeating at all! My feelings of fullness are more pronounced, so it’s much easier to listen to and leave something on my plate. I even found myself leaving half of a massive pub lunch at the weekend, without even trying, because I was satisfied! This is unheard of for me! I don’t want to get too excited yet and preach that it’s the answer, because it’s too soon to say. But I am feeling great so far, and I will check back in a month or two to let you know how I’m getting on with it, if anyone is interested.

I’ve no doubt that for some, fasting is the perfect tool. I know lots of people here have great success with it, which is awesome! Just for me, it’s not quite working out.

I hope everyone is doing well – old and new! Good luck to you all and lots of love,

Ellie x

Morning everyone 🙂

Ellie, so lovely to hear from you! I bet your trip was amazing 🙂 I can understand you not wanting to carry on with this way of eating, it works for some, but you have to listen to your body at the end of the day. I’ve heard Paul McKenna is really good! Drop by every now and again, let us know your doing okay.

Sounds like everyone did well yesterday. I’m feeling so hungry this morning, which is unusual for me after a FD. Also there is cake, yet again at work!

Jean, I’ll try and walk at lunch if its stops raining. Its milder but drizzling here. Weather changes daily, freezing yesterday!

Have a great day everyone, now to resist the cake!!

x

Morning!

I’ve never made leek and potato soup, is it easy?

My jeans are stretchy too, though I’ve noticed them getting baggier around the thigh, shame it’s the belly I actually want them to be baggy on. At my biggest and smallest I tend to wear the same size jean, so I know what you mean about weight creeping on and it not being noticeable.

Fasting is definitely getting more difficult now with events coming up and meeting with people a bit more often. I was supposed to go out tonight and last night – cancelled both, going to the gym instead tonight. I am going out for food on Friday though, my parents are coming to visit for a few days and my mother and I are going to see the matinee performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, so that should be good. Hopefully we won’t end up bickering.

Shoulder is okay at the moment so hopefully it holds up!

I’ll have to fit tomorrow in as my second FD I think. It should be a busy day, work, then gym, then a huge house clean and tidy ready for the folks, so that should keep me plenty occupied.

Ellie…
    Lovely to hear from you and your travels over the summer…I understand how hard it must be to fast when you are young and going out a lot…you are only young once make the most of it 😀

I have or had the CD of Paul McKenna, in the days of my two carrier bags of other diet books…it didn’t work for me although his ideas are good…you have to go with what suits you…all you can do is give it a go…keep in touch and pop back in a few months…look after your self….good luck on the job front…

Pseu..
    The soup is easy…sweat a large chopped up large onion in a bit of oil, two sticks of leeks sliced up, and a couple of potatoes ( jacket size) chopped small, sweat them with the onions, 10 mins stirring so they don’t burn…a pint of boiling water with a couple of veg cubes melted in…add to pan…bring to boil then simmer..about 10 mins until potato is cooked..taste…I use tablespoon of plain flour ( or more) and cold water to a paste to thicken to suit …or ..you can whizz half in liquidiser and put back so you have some lumps in….or..my daughter whizzes the lot and it’s like a green purée..salt and pepper to taste….I freeze in portions.

Joseph sounds amazing, I would like that…hoping no arguments..families….enjoy lives too short…

Jean x

Morning all,

I slept reasonably ok but my sleep quality still remains patchy.

Ellie, great to hear from you. So glad you had fabulous travels, whats in store next?
    I know what you mean about fasting as a way of life not being for everyone. Hope the PK approach fits better with you. Im still not sure if the 5:2 is for me either. Yes you can lose weight if you do it properly but as a way of life its hard for me to keep up. I have taken on board some aspects of it and will skip breakfast and lunch sometimes if Im going out in the evening, to try and minimise calories and occasionally I will be able to do a 5:2 type fast to undo weekend damage for example. But as a means of losing weight Im finding it increasingly hard. I probably need to adopt bits of everything to find my own method! At the end of the day, to lose weight, the calorie expenditure needs to be in deficit, end of story!

Pseu, hope the shoulder is ok and you enjoy Joseph. That was my first ever musical at school I took part in. I probably know all the words of the songs still!

Jean, we have decided to go out for a little walk, although it may be a bit drizzly. Hope you have a nice day, even if just pottering about.

DF, hope you resist the cake!

Hope everyone else is ok too. Catch you later.

Im off out soon, so no food until later and I think we have have fish for dinner, but not sure how or what yet!

Kay x

HI all – nice to have you back, Kay…and to get a bit of a catch up from Endellion (trip sounds amazing!)

Just had my tub of Skyr and fruit/nuts/seeds – yum! Might need something else, though today as it’s so cold again here – protein, though, not sugar or carbs, so I’d better get away from my office and the custard creams…yes, I know I should be able to deal with this – I’m a grown woman, after all, but the sainted B told me when I arrived this morning that she’d put a fresh packet in the tub just for me!

Kay – it’s my OH’s 50 in a month’s time. I always wrack my brains as he’s not really one for presents. He knows what he likes, and he tends to get it when he sees it (at the moment it’s a 1980s car radio – blaupunkt…don’t ask!). But this year, I think I’ve got the perfect surprise (and I’ve managed to keep it a surprise, which is good going for me, so don’t anyone let on!). We live reasonably close to Knockhill, so I’ve got him a rally driving experience, and I’ve even found a date that I think he can take as a half-day to be able to use the voucher pretty soon after his birthday, too…feeling ever so slightly smug!

Pseu – keep that shoulder moving. So glad it’s feeling better today, but having had a couple of shoulder incidents this year – one I left, and one I really worked instantly on – I’m becoming a bit hyper OTT about dealing with these things immediately! So keep rolling it and stretching it…please!

I have to report, non-stretchy pinafore dress is feeling tight today when 2 weeks ago it was lovely and loose…not going near the scales until something feels a bit looser. This is NOT how I wanted this month to go! Going to use the recipe book’s suggestion for roast chicken and roast veg tonight. Tasty and pretty low-cal, especially as we don’t have potatoes. Here’s hoping there’s no home-baking at tonight’s meeting (this is a nightmare job for home-baking…it’s bad enough in my own congregation, but when you’re a visitor the locals feel honour-bound to feed you up! Lovely, but it’s too far away for me to walk it off afterwards)

Does anyone have a FD today, or are we all NFD?

Mx

Hi all!
    Ellie- your trip sounded lovely! I know what you mean about all or nothing- I can be a bit like that but have been able to rein it in this time… although I did pop on the scales this morning and they’re saying 2lbs on just from the weekend! & I wasn’t that bad, didn’t eat all day til the evening meal, skipped breakfast Sunday and had a small dinner, grrr 🙁 .
    Minols- my hubby had a great time with his rally experience, loved it, so hopefully yours will too.
    Pseu- hope you enjoy Joseph, and the parents’ visit isn’t too stressful…

Kay…
    I think we know what to do but after two years I think we are coasting along and mind isn’t on what it used to be. I really feel if I am in a 7 lbs window I am OK…I am very much on the line at the moment need to loose some…it’s pulling back before creeping up to a stone…I shall never do that again…

I feel keeping on here keeps you on your toes, with the support we have …the weight really goes on quick when the finger is off button…

Enjoy your walk…nice Ellie can still enjoy one…

Minols…
    That’s a good present well thought through…he will enjoy that…

I did Steve a day with ‘ Just Jane’ a Lancaster bomber, with afternoon tea…I think there were 10 people who had a ride on it around the field, engines at full throttle, I joined him and looked inside but without the ride…there’s only now three left in the world…there was an aircraft museum to look around as well….he still talks about the best present ever…..(They are trying at the moment to get the old girl her licence to be air worthy again but costing a fortune as in private hands)

Hedgehog…
    Goods in transit, the weight will come down.

Jean x

Hopefully, Jean! We’re right near an old airbase, and up until recently an old spitfire was flown from there by Caroline Grace- it was amazing to see it regularly, and she let all the children from the school come and have a look (so of course parents came to see it as well!). But would you believe a few local people complained about the noise, and now they’ve had to move it elsewhere! We miss it. I bet the Lancaster bomber was amazing!

Hedgehog…was it you that posted about doing a tandem sky-dive? It was he last thing I did before pregnancy…amazing! Especially for the views over Fife. And even for the complete physical experience of fear (swung my right leg out the door into mid air but my left leg absolutely refused to follow…hand to grasp it with my hands and pull it) the fear of falling was exhilarating. But what I wasn’t ready for was the travel sickness once the parachute opened. It’s lovely and calm under the cuts. ..but the motion up-skittles me all day!

Thoroughly recommend it…will NEVER do it again (unless the plane is on fire!)

Mx

I don’t think I could do sky-diving I’d be too terrified to move! My brother used to do it all the time.

I could be never as daring as to jump out of a plane…😬

X

Hi all. Hi kay. Hi ellie. I have the Paul mckenna book somewhere too!
    Sort of FD today. Didn’t eat til I got home. Made soup but no idea how many cals. Just veg, stock and paprika in it.OH gone to Birmingham to a gig. Me and the furry one snuggled up on sofa.
    Spin tomorrow. The thought of the alarm at 05.40 – Urgh!
    Keep warm xx

I will think of you tomorrow morning, Rowena! I can’t get moving that quickly in the morning now!
    Minols- yes, I did mention the sky dive- I feel like I need a challenge! I am pretty scared of heights- I did an abseil a few years ago, but it hasn’t cured me, in fact I think I’m worse now!! Well done you!
    Anyone else fasting tomorrow?

Eek….you wouldnt get me jumping out of a plane! The most dangerous thing Ive done is a hot air balloon..lol..oh and a zipwire!
    And Neil wouldnt do that with me, so no point me buying him an experience like that! I did think of a driving experience but Ive bought one for someone in the past and wasnt convinced it was worth it.

Hedgehogs I like to think Id manage an abseil as I had wondered about it, but probably would chicken out..lol
    Minols, your post about having to persuade the other leg out of the plane made me chuckle!

Im going to book a couple of nights away, somewhere we can take Ellie. Hes not one for presents but I might buy him some new walking boots. Not very exciting but useful!

Sheera, thats a very early alarm!!

Jean, did you make your soup?

We walked over 5 miles today and it was a lovely walk and quite mild. Food not been too bad today.

Another NFD tomorrow but low hopefully.

Kay x

Kay- I think a hot air balloon would be pretty much as scary?! My Mum wanted to do one for her 7oth birthday, and taking my sister & me, but we tried booking it at least 12 times, every time it was cancelled because of the weather! She gave up after 2 years of trying- think someone was trying to tell her something!!
    FD for me, but the temptation is already there- youngest son asked me at 7am if I could make cakes for his history class today! He is hopeless, he’d completely forgotten, but he has done loads of extra army cadet stuff & overtime at subway, school’s just not his priority! So am making chocolate cupcakes (more cake mix to tempt me!)& will deliver them at lunchtime, if they’re done in time- have to see my HomeStart family as well this morning…
    Hubby says I help him out too often & he should have to stand on his own feet more, he’s probably right!

Morning all,

Hope your all okay. NFD today, but determined to keep it low. Had such a hungry day yesterday, so ate basically what I wanted. It was one day, and I think I needed it. Focused on low calorie today, ready for FD tomorrow.

I do love the support and friendships we’ve formed here, it really does help 🙂

Have a great day!!

xx

FD today for me.
    Yesterday I was going to keep it low, but I ended up making a veg lasagne because I had to use up the veggies, and I cut some corners so it turned out gross. 🙁 I ended up just eating the cheese off the top, which was thin enough to be fine over a few days but not intended to be eaten in one go.
    I have to buckle down, it’s two weeks until my first Christmas party, and I’m determined not to feel like a fat blimp in my party gear. There are too many other things popping up all the time though. I think once my folks to back home on Saturday I’ll just have to be really strict with any social events, it’s only a couple of weeks after all… then the prep for the next party will begin!
    Is anyone else doing an extreme push over the next couple of weeks? Does anyone have any tips?

Morning All.

A very late start for us..well 9.15..😬..we both had a restless night..

NFD for us…thinking of going for the bird seed etc which we didn’t get the other day but nothing really planned…

Hedgehog..
    An early start to baking…mothers!…I say the same to Steve she must stand on her own feet she is 46!!…he is trying hard not to jump in and help…

Bet you have had a finger or two…lol…..I have down loaded a recipe App why do I do it …collecting the most wonderful recipes…a few bits for Xmas he he he ho ho ho….

DF…
    We are on a NFD so let’s keep it low going into tomorrow ….let’s get it together before the busy December month..

Kay..
    Yes my soup got made and in the freezer…I seem to have cut the top dark leaves off my leek to fit in the fridge…so it looks a bit pasty…so not the best but ok…you had a good walk..

Rowena…
    Hope you enjoyed your snuggle night in…what an early start…😯

Well must move and get a shower….

Jean x

Symba, I don’t if there is a BM Bargains by you but the one by me was selling a big sack of birdseed for £3 last week. I don’t know if that’s a good price but it sounded pretty good to me.

Pseu…
    Thanks .. that’s where we are heading a really big one a few miles away..they are always good on prices..fat balls, worms and robin/ blackbird seed needed.. I will have to check on the large bag on normal seed..

Jean x

Another cold one today. Going to get a bit of writing done and then off out to keep moving. Did a roast chicken with all the veg underneath it last night – lovely, and pretty low, I think because we hardly ever have spuds. Tonight will be a cottage pie but with kumara mash…supposed to be celeriac in the book, but couldn’t find any (although to be honest, not really sure what I was looking for !) Just determined to try and keep off the processed foods a bit this week.

BTW – I only did the jump because we were fund-raising for a community hall, and we were a little short. I’d jokingly said at the start of the process that if we were short, we’d have to decide whether to sell the church silver or throw me out of a plane…you can guess their answer! I was back there last year, and they’ve put an extension on the hall…don’t know it they’ve still got the silver, or they found another mug to toss out at high altitude!

Mx

Who was doing the alternate days fasting? Did you find it worked?

Minols- that’s a good story, glad that they’re making the most of the hall still!
    Pseudo- I’m doing ADF, I really like the routine of it, but even with that for me, a keeping NFDs low, the most I’ve lost is 3lbs in a week. As long as that’s a steady weight loss, it’s okay doing it, but then last weekend when I had 2 days NFD together, 2 lbs went on! Grrr! I am trying really hard the next few weeks too… don’t think there’s anything else cropping up for a couple of weeks at least. And I’m doing more exercise too! (I tried on my exercise gear- leggings and vest top- yesterday, and I actually look okay in it, so think I might be okay to start an exercise class soon!)
    Soup tonight for me!

I wouldn’t be too self-conscious how you look in your gear there are always loads of different shapes and sizes in the classes I go to. What sort of classes are you thinking about?

Even though it’s not constant would you say that you find it easier to lose with doing so many FDs? Do you do it on the weekend too?

Hi Pseu – I occasionally go onto alternate days if I really not to re-start things, or if the week lends itself to that (probably will try next week, for example). I don’t usually do weekends, though, just M, W, F. I don’t know that it makes a huge difference, but there’s a nice rhythm to it, and a great sense of control. The hardest thing I always find is keeping things relatively normal for the family.

But given my weight seems to be going back on (I’m hoping its hormonal!) I think I need to do AFDs next week if I can…or maybe even a BTB…diary’s looking pretty rubbish!

Still, who am I kidding, I’ve got to get through tomorrow’s FD first!

Mx

Evening All..

We got all the bird stuff this morning then passing a pub under management, popped in for lunch…….
    really impressed £5 lunch meal, good menu, Me, gammon, egg, pineapple ring, salad and a few chips..Steve, steak pie, veg and chips, a couple of drinks…£17 good value..a bit naughty but we both really enjoyed it.

No dinner tonight and fasting tomorrow …

Pseu..
    We did AFDs for two weeks lost 2 lbs the first week nothing the second..so back to 5.2…we do throw three in if weights up or had a lot of food…

Hedgehog…
    Your keep fit gear will be fine…everybody too busy to notice anyone else..puffing and panting..lol..your lumps are disappearing….😀

Minols..
    I think it must be hard doing 5.2 with a family and cooking different things….I am ok at home but away from the house and when visiting family it is so hard..

Hope a few of us fasting tomorrow…

Jean x

Pseudo- I’m hoping to go to a Boxercise class- I used to do kickboxing, and loved aerobics before my neck problems, so hopefully it should be good. It says they cater for all levels, so should be fine. I do ADF through the weekends too, unless we’re out. If we’re at home Saturday we have pizza- I’ve found a mini one I like with 300 cals, so that’s okay. On a Sunday if we have roast I just have a couple of veggie sausages with vegetables, or sometimes we have pasta and I do mine with courgette instead. I do lose more than when I did 5:2 though- that doesn’t work for me. Think my metabolism is just very low!

FD for me today 🙂 Feeling hungry again, not sure what that’s about this week. I’ll have to dig deep today lol.

Stand firm, DF!! Lots of drinks to keep you going! And Jean & Steve too.

Morning all!

Hedgehogs – I still want to go to kickboxing on a Monday, but it’s on late by which time it’s too dark and cold to want to do much of anything! I couldn’t get into boxercise when I tried it, too much running. 🙁 Les Mills Body Combat is great if they do that near you. Is aqua aerobics or swimming any good if your neck is playing up?

Eurgh, I knew I’d be busy last night cleaning and tidying, but I completely underestimated how much there was to do – didn’t get to sit down until about half one! And then, after running about the house for hours, it took me ages to actually stop and relax enough to sleep.

I’m doing a daytime FD today, can’t plan the evening yet. I’m hoping my parents will do their dinner separately and I can just make low calorie soup when I get in but if I come home to a made dinner I’m not going to say no! My mother knows I’m trying to lose weight, and she supports me, but I haven’t told her about 5:2 in case she thinks it sounds too extreme – I don’t want to be getting into a debate about it. I’ve only ever told one of my friends about it, and she poo-pooed it – if I’m going to keep my eye on the prize I need to stay focused without anyone putting doubt in my head. I can do that well enough on my own! Bought my new Christmas party top yesterday, though it hasn’t arrived yet, I think I’ll hang it on the back of my door for inspiration. 🙂

Morning All..

A chilly bright start today…

FD for us…egg, bacon and tomatoes with one slice of bread for tonight…salad off the menu for the winter.

DF…
    What’s happening ..this hunger all week….is it the winter blues kicking in and body wanting more food?…
    Hold tight keep strong…don’t let it win..😀

Pseu..
    Cleaning till 1.30…what are you like!…your neighbours will love you with the vacuum going!
    Hope it goes well with Mum and you can work around the food….we know the plan works I am not bothered what anyone else thinks…
    Nice Christmas top on the way, let us know how it is when it arrives…those where the days, no do’s now…I imagine you are the night party animal..instead like us bed at 10…lol

You asked for tips for Xmas…..just continue as we are….decide how much of a holiday you are going to have and stick with it….remember what you put on it has to come off again!…don’t buy too many naughty things!!

Hedgehog…
    Have a good NFD…you do well at AFDs …

Kay, Minols, Lynne, are you fasting today?

Keep strong Xmas is coming….

Jean x

The house is nice and spotless now, but I’m sure it won’t be long until there is fur everywhere again courtesy of the cats.
    Not too much of a party animal, my ideal night out is a meal and maybe a couple of drinks. Most of the time I’m at a party I want to go home and read!

Thanks Hedgehogs and Jean, I’ll just have to drink water/green tea to fill myself up! *goes to put kettle on again* I want to feel comfortable going out over Xmas/New Year .. I need to do this!

Pseu, have a great day 🙂 Looking at the Christmas party top is great motivation 🙂 🙂

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

HI all – yes, I’m fasting today. Made a carrot and ginger soup last night using the stock from the roast on Tuesday…feeling domestic goddess-y! Hoping lots of portions of that and some seaweed will keep me good today – ha-ha!

Meanwhile, saw a picture of a silly Christmas swing dress on-line that will be great for school assemblies, so got myself in the mood and order that this morning. Not a site I’ve ordered from before, so hoping I’ve chosen the right size. Sewing machine in getting serviced and all ribbons ordered for making the advent candles (thanks for the idea, Jean), so really hoping to get some fo the background things out of the way before life goes crazy this year.

Meanwhile, OH is taking responsibility for sourcing the perfect remote control tough terrain vehicle for the boy for Christmas, so that can go in the ‘not my problem’ basket!

DF – how’re you doing with the hunger? Drink lots, remember, and maybe have something a little salty to keep you going (was it Audrey used to just dab a little salt on her tongue?)

Is 11am too early for the first soup of the day?

Mx

Jean, same here, no christmas dos to worry about any more…lol

Im finding it harder to fast with not being out of the house working, particularly on the days Neil isnt working, such as today. So Im going to play it by ear. We are off out for a few hours for a walk along Exmouth front for some sea air. So at least no breakfast or lunch, unless we stumble across somewhere like Jean did yesterday…lol

Keep strong fasters….plenty of drinks to fill you up x

Morning everyone

Ellie, lovely to hear from you, make sure you pop back to keep us updated.

Jean, Minols, DF good luck with the fast today. I’m finding it more difficult when it’s cold.

Pseudo, hope the house passes muster and the family visit goes well. Burning the midnight oil last night with the housework you’re complete with Minols for the ‘domestic goddess’ title.

I’m having a NFD today, Hedgehogs are you with me? Kay, hope you enjoy the sea air, it’s gone dull here so hope it’s a bit sunnier for you.

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD, but took Bec to look at a 6th Form College and got chips on the way home. So cold and hungry I couldn’t resist, but tend to do 3 FD a week so not too worried about dropping one.

Been cleaning out the wardrobes – 6 bags of clothes and one of shoes to go to charity. Another trip to the tip later, not taking any paint this time.

Off to put the kettle on, getting chilly again and not even a FD.

Lynne x

Hi…
    DF….I will join you for a cuppa…Steve in the garage with his cup..servicing his bike! ..think of Xmas and keep strong…I am ok at the moment….Steve never comments so I don’t ask….

What day is it FD…what do I do…cooking..lol……granola on at the moment, can’t move far it needs stirring every 20 mins..at least it’s breakfast stuff!

Pseu..
    You are nearly like us then, quiet nights in…we must make an effort and go out for a meal on a night but you get cosy in……just love house clean and tidy…I do less now than when I was at work…really one good do a week with the electric vacuum ……we bought a cordless vac…I turned my nose up at it…but it’s the best thing ever, quick whizz round, everything looks spotless…wish we had it when puss was about..

Minols..
    The dress sounds just the job…hope it’s a good fit…the swing dresses are coming in with the longer length…skirts too but I have not worn them in years..we will see….good luck on the wall chart things…

Have your soup it’s cold…

Kay…
    Enjoy your walk…think carefully if you get to a cafe…see if you can hold out…

Lynne..
    Glad all is well…that’s a job on my list maybe today a sort through of clothes…more separating winter and summer things…there will be a few things for the charity bag..I just won’t part with but they have to go…

Raining now..and granola needs to be out speak later…oh an tea to drink I get tapping then it’s cold!

Jean x

Have to say…carrot soup absolutely yummy. One of the best! Added a little garam masala at the last minute, but I think it’s just all the roasting juices that’s giving it such an amazing flavour. Anyway, I’ll be cutting short my office time and heading home for a second mug sooner than I thought!

Mx

Why not…enjoy..x

Oh cleaning out the wardrobe, I’ve done a lot of that recently – and some more last night when I was putting clothes away, but I need to be more ruthless, there are some things I just have way too many of. My real weakness is boots, I can’t force myself to whittle those down though, I like them all too much. Well done on your six bags, that’s a real clear out!

Hi everyone 🙂

Lynne, keep warm!! Its getting so cold now. FD are hard when its cold, I think that’s why I’m so hungry this week!

Kay, stay strong, enjoy the walk 🙂

Jean, glad your days going well, keeping busy 🙂

Minols, I’m hanging in there, just about lol. Will be so good to eat later 🙂 May try the salt thing .. I really need to bring oxo/brovril with me on FD’s.

Went for a walk at lunchtime to keep myself busy! Just need to get through the next few hours, once I’m home I should be okay. We have Steve’s son this evening, so will be eating late! Its my choice to eat later, I can enjoy it more when the boys gone home again, and I can relax a bit, things tend to be manic when he’s there .. 8 years olds!!

Stay strong everyone x

Hi…

Coffee time…

Gone through all my things and they look a lot tidier..and more space…only one bag for charity 😟 thought I could do better..the coat was on and off me and it’s in the bag! I have two pair of leather ankle boots, still in boxes, only worn twice, too high now…they are sat there on my bed, I think they must go..

What a lot of things with tickets on…!!…a few new bits for next year…I could open a tee shirt shop.

Pseu..
    Well done on your clear out…I really think a bit more could go for me..

DF..
    Glad the days going well…enjoy your night with the boy and the meal goes well…

Kay…
    Did you keep strong or did you pop in a cafe…

Minols…
    Have you had another cup of soup…

Lynne and Hedgehog..
    Enjoy your eating day off…enjoy…

Jean x

I’ll add more stock to your t-shirt shop, that drawer is overflowing! 😀 I need to whittle down my coats too.

I’m feeling pretty hungry now, will just do my best to ignore it and hope it goes away again!

How’s everyone holding up?

You’ve all been busy on here today!! Hope the fasters are still holding up!
    Went to a friend’s for lunch today, & she’d bought flapjack specially, so couldn’t say no! She’d asked me to help her with her Christmas cake, I ended up decorating it for her but a bit tricky as she hadn’t got enough icing- had to patch some bits together at the back and cover it with ribbon! Her baby’s due in a week so she wants to get everything sorted for Christmas… very exciting, can’t wait for a cuddle!
    I’ll skip dinner tonight to make up for lunch!
    Minols- told my friend about you doing the skydive and your leg not wanting to get out the door! I’m sure I’m having a (belated!) mid-life crisis, feeling the need to do some challenges- she couldn’t understand it & said her idea would be to have a makeover etc. What would get anyone else’s vote for pre-50 treat or challenge?

HI all. Just having more soup…didn’t get a second cup earlier as suddenly remembered something I needed to finish and get my head down after all. Just home we my 8year old…put him to work for his pocket money, so the downstairs is now hoovered!

Hedgehog – all in favour of a midlife crisis…I’m planning my own a year or so from now when I turn 50. Can’t believe I’m toying with tattoos – words I would like on each forearm. Mentioned it to OH and was pleasantly surprised by his reaction!

Need to reward the boy with pizza in a minute. Really hoping he can eat it all because I’m desperate to try and stick to my soup. How’re you doing, DF? Stick with it, we’re nearly there!

Mx

Hm, I think I’d go on a long challenging walk somewhere. Like a hiking holiday, maybe in another country. But then that might not be adventurous enough? Unless you do a Minols style mega walk. 🙂

All holding up here…eaten egg, tomatoes and bacon, it went down a treat now thinking of tomorrow’s dinner..lol

Mid life crisis….ummm….at 53…..a divorce …the best thing I ever did!…..a lot of thought needed at the time.

Hedgehog…
    Ooh flapjack it would definitely be a Yes….a new baby coming, a nice cuddle….my new neighbour is due on 21st, next week, I told her to give us a knock if she is on her own, her hubby is a long distance lorry driver..we are about day or night…

Minols..
    Can we ask what writing is being put on the tattoo ? Interesting ..

Pseu..
    Love walking…feet now don’t like it ☹️..

Keep strong …we can eat tomorrow…baten to Hedgehog and Kay…😀

Jean x

Hi Jean…remember I’m only toying with it, but it would be two of the phrases I live my life by, and so they will maybe seem a bit odd…but with that proviso:

The first is from a very old fashioned thing called the Westminster Confession shorter catechism, where questions to do with faith had particular answers. The first question is ‘What is the chief end of [man]? and the answer is (and what I’d put on my arm)’to glorify God and enjoy him for ever.’ I’ve pondered long and hard about enjoying God, and what glorifying God would look like. And then I came across a brilliant answer from a very early church leader called Irenaeus – ‘the glory of God is a human life fully lived.’ and that would be on the other arm.

So, I live with purpose and joy (or try to, except on my grumpy days), and I thought putting it on my arms would remind me of that as I go steadily dotty in my dotage! And if ‘the worst’ happens (I end up confused and in a home, or found wondering around with my underpants on my head, pencils up my nose and muttering ‘wibble’ – Blackadder reference) then at least those looking after me will know what’s really important to me.

My slight pause for thought is what my weight yo-yoing will do for the script?!

Well, you asked…!

Mx

Viewing 50 posts - 14,651 through 14,700 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.