Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 15 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,951 through 14,000 (of 35,381 total)

• Hi all…especially fellow faster. Hope it’s gone well for you DF, Hedgehog,Kay and anyone else.

I knew I need to Fast today but having hot up at 5 to do a walk I really wasn’t sure I could…don’t usually combine the two.I only took seaweed in to work just in case I could manage it, but when I discovered there was no milk in the fridge I nearly caved at the supermarket. But I only bought skinny sausages and bacon figuring I could always try using up some of my call by having a fey up in the kitchen at work!

Turns out I didn’t need to. Some good interruptions and a couple of really engaging meetings later and it was time to pick up the boy. So I had my fry up at 3.30 and i’m feeling like I might make it to the end of the day after all…as long as the end of the day is no later than 9.30!!

Mx

Minols that’s great!! So strong 🙂

Hope other fasters are ok. I’ve not had anything yet .. coming up 24 hours lol. Tuna later on will be wonderful 🙂

Have a great evening everyone .. Aud hope all ok at mums xxx

Well done Minols, and DF. Have been okay and kept busy today, just had dinner. Lost 2.5lbs last week, so that gave me a boost! Stay strong for the rest of the evening!

Evening All…

Having a quiet day…picked up a small Father Christmas to add to my xmas collection.. we got a few bits last year… Steve 2 tee shirts..

Lunch out with daughter, rather big sandwiches and three shared chips..so that will be it for the day..

We are nearly packed for Vegas for Tuesday flight …. wifi iffy there so may loose you all for the week…

Keep going all the fasters you are nearly finished for the day.. well done.

Hedgehog…
    Well done on loosing 2 1/2 pounds last week.. a good amount…

Jean x

Where are you staying in Vegas, Jean?

Hedgehogs whoo whoo 2.5 lbs well done… I am doing my happy weight loss dance for you.

Jean enjoy Vegas

Back tomorrow love to all

Aud x

Hedgehog…
    We are staying at the Venetian for 7 days.. organising a trip when there to the canyon for a day usually 12 hours a long day… a bit of lazing around the pools too.
    See what else there is.. not keen on shows..

Eating out so no choice on light eating may do two meals a day.. we have breakfast at the Venetian so we will opt for a buffet, fill up on bits and pieces as prices I am sure will be high.. lol

Speak when back.

Jean x

Morning all. Another very disturbed night for me. Am showered already and alarm not due for 2 more mins. FD for me today. Very busy day at work followed by meeting then body pump at 6. I know by then I’ll just want to go home and hibernare but I will be strong and go.
    Thinking of you Audrey. Hope everyone is ok. Xx

Morning all

Rowena hope you sort this sleeping problem out soon, have a good day and a successful fast… very busy day for you today.

Jean hope you enjoy Vegas, it’s on my bucket list and my brother is going in November.

Mum seems a bit brighter, I have got her drinking water not a lot but at least some, her feet are not as swollen but she refuses to go to the doctor!

Ian is off home from the caravan later today then working tonight until Friday night.. then perhaps on Sat I may go to the caravan for next weekend weather and mum dependent..

Off now, no fast again still eating with mum… have a good day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Jean- sounds wonderful- just looking round all the different hotels is entertaining enough in Vegas, we went a few years ago. Fill up on lots of fruit for the breakfast buffet; not like me, who filled up on the doughnuts and pastries…
    Aud- thinking of you with your Mum, all sounds stressful, there’ll be time to catch up on fasting later, and thanks for your happy dance, mind that back!
    Shera- hope your day goes well, no way could I go to the gym after the end of a day at work let alone after a FD!
    Best wishes to anyone else fasting!

Morning all,

Rowena, good luck with your FD. Hopefully being busy will make it easier 🙂 Sorry your not sleeping well, hope your ok *hug*

Audrey, its good that your mum seems brighter today, hope she continues to improve. Take care!

Hedgehogs, have a good day today. Is it a NFD for you?

Jean, sounds like your having a lovely time. Loving the pics 🙂

My FD went well, work was SO quiet yesterday which made it a bit of a challenge, but I did it! NFD today, I’ll put off eating as long as I can. I really hope I see a drop on Friday weigh-in!

Have a great day everyone, keep warm, its turned really cold really quickly!

Hi All – and well done to everyone for getting through yesterday.

Rowena – hope you’re day is going well, and not too stressful. I’m with the others re exercise and FD but maybe it will be good to get things out of your system?

Really hope you manage to get some caravan time next week, Aud, I know how it always restores you (except for when you do your back in, of course…that’s never a good thing), but being out in a caravan is just seems to slow the pace of things a bit. My mum swears by it, and got herself kit that she could manage by herself when my Dad died.

Well, a NFD for me, but a good walking one – did 6 miles this morning, testing out all my kit for the trek. Probably should do a bit of work now!

Mx

Good luck to everyone on a fast day – hope you’re all holding up well!

I’m curious – what are everyone’s opinions on half day/ three quarter day fasts? Do they help at all, can they speed up the process when done in addition to a normal two days fasting?

Good luck those fasting today. I did ok yesterday, slightly over my usual FD cals but under 500.
    Next fast for me is Thursday.

Jean, enjoy Vegas. Im not sure if its for me or not, but it would be good to have a nose around the main streets.

Audrey, hope your mum continues to picks up. Theres only so much you can do.

Rowena, hope your day goes ok and you sleep better tonight.

Hedgehogs, well done with the loss 🙂

Minols, it cant be long until your trek? When do you go?

Right, off to help Neil with tidying up the garage and putting camping stuff away. Sadly we wont be fitting another trip in now as its quite cool at night.

Kay x

Hi all. I’m the naughty girl in the group – cancelled gym Just wanted to come home!! Haha!
    Just going to do some work – got to get the Faculty Improvement Plan done by Friday – yuk!

Dr Foster tonight – if I can stay awake. Each night at the mo I am falling asleep in front of TV – so I go to bed then have these dreadful night’s sleep!

Hey ho. Hope you are all ok.xx

Oh Rowena… you naughty girl hehehe put yourself in the corner.. after the week you have had I don’t blame you!

Mum has decided she could eat liver and onions, so I am going town tomorrow and making her some…. let’s hope she eats! Perhaps turning a corner?

Back tomorrow

Night all

Aud x

Afternoon All..
    Just had a 4 hour drive to Houston.. stopped off for breakfast and coffee.. here now safe..

Kay…
    I feel the same never really wanted Vegas but Grand Canyon is on my bucket list so no choice.. I will give you an honest opinion later.

I did the Great Pyramids in Eygpt, again I didn’t want to go but it’s up there top of the list… amazing.

Audrey..
    Hope you get to the caravan the break will do you good.. we are already talking about a trip in October ..lol

Hedgehog..
    I will be at the donuts and cookies.. a big push when back.. jeans are a bit snug today but I am in them!

Minols..
    It’s not long till your trip.. hope you are fit and ready…

Rowena..
    Hope the sleep kicks in for you.. I don’t know what to suggest. 💕

Pseu..
    Hope alls well.. don’t know about half days but it must help knocking some food off..

Take Care everyone.

Jean x

Audrey- hope you’re Mum is on the mend- liver and onions wouldn’t be my food of choice though!
    Rowena- you’re not the only one in the naughty corner- I made lemon drizzle cakes for my family, and couldn’t resist one! Added up my calories for the day and it’s a bit over my TDEE- first time I’ve gone over, I usually try to keep nearer the BMR amount. Might join you in a long walk tomorrow Minols!
    Well done yesterday Kay- are you fasting tomorrow? Anyone else? I will be.

Audrey…
    Liver and onions.. oh 😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

Hedgehog…
    Naughty naughty.. hehe…Lemon drizzle.. Yes please 😅😂🤣😂😅

Jean x

Morning all

Boy it’s cold here this morning….

Up bright n early mum was awake at 6.30… hope everyone is doing ok, I am off shopping with my big brother later that should be different.

Good luck to all the fasters yo day

Back later

Aud x

Morning all,

I was naughty too yesterday lol .. walnut cake and a nice cup of tea when I got home from work! It was a NFD though, so I was allowed 🙂 I’ve decided to fast today and tomorrow, feeling strong, so thought I’d go for it!!

Hedgehogs did you say your fasting too? Lets do it together 🙂

Audrey, I really hope your mums turned a corner now, and continues to improve!!

Rowena, I’ve been falling asleep on the sofa before bed a lot lately too, not good when you cant actually sleep when you get to bed! I don’t blame you for cancelling the gym. Sometimes, you just need a rest!

Jean, thinking of you! Hope you have a lovely day 🙂

Kay, sounds like a successful FD yesterday, I’ll be with you tomorrow 🙂

I really need to start with the exercise again, I’ve not done any for ages, and I’m actually feeling more tired NOT doing it?! I’m just so tired generally lately, wonder if its because its suddenly got cold and I can feel autumn in the air!

Have a great day everyone,

Back later x

DF- I know what you mean about feeling more tired not doing exercise- a brisk walk when I feel like that helps. Have done that already today and am on the cookies & cream tea now to stave off the hunger pangs… No cake for us today!
    Have fun shopping Audrey!

Hi all

It’s quiet on here today. I have been busy, I went shopping for mum ended up making cheese and onion pasties for lunch so the liver is now on the menu on Friday..

I think she is feeling a bit better at least she is eating more, but still refusing to see a DR… I can’t force her, have spoken to my brother today about her, he is going to try next week with my SIL..

Hope everyone is ok will be back tomorrow

Aud x

DF- how’s today gone? Everyone in my house is in and out tonight so have cooked 3 dinners, and not had time for mine yet!! Poached egg and avocado on toast shortly…
    Aud- really feel for you with trying to help your Mum- we had a lot of trouble with my FIL this time last year, everything we tried to do for him to help him out was a battle, even down to using a rise and recline chair… Hope your Mum will agree but at least she’s feeling better now!

Hi all. Slightly better night last night. My day at work was long again but fairly enjoyable. Just put laptop down. Craig in London and cooper in kennel so all alone. Gift a naughty rum and pepsi max. Well, have already had one as well! !
    Next week is going to be a tough one. Not sure if I already said. Monday and Wednesday will be at work 730 am til 930 pm! !! Open evenings. All other schools I know only do one night. Then the Thurs were going to see rob brydon. I’m sure that will be great but after those long days I’ll be exhausted! !! Have ate far too much today. Am hormonal and feeling the cold so turning to food. Fast day tomorrow.

Hi Aud, i’m with your Mum. When I go home my mum used to make liver and bacon especially for me!

NFD today and have grazed my way through. Having said that i’ve walked more than 11 miles, so fairly laid back. Will try to gast tomorrow, but the most important thing this week is to try and clock up the miles on consecutive days. I go two weeks on Friday, so fitting in some sort of training is getting quite crucial…along with everything else!

Anyway, OH just pulled up so i’d better go and sort him out some food poor thing working far too hard so he can get ahead enough to take time off while i’m away.

Mx

Afternoon All..

A lovely breakfast buffet this morning one of the nicest meals we have had..I cannot get into the way Americans eat, so crappy..

We have had a good walk outside this morning. A coffee out. Poor Steves on his knees and it’s getting so hot now.. sitting reading around the pool at the moment in the shade and a beautiful temperature but sun will be here soon and we will have to move.

DF..
    When home we will start swimming again keep talking and not doing..we are both up to it now. I am not keen on walnut cake but we have had too much sweet stuff here.. 😬

Hedgehog..
    A few people having naughties hope you enjoyed your cookies..

Rowena..
    Glad you are feeling better.. lot on this week..

Minols..
    Two weeks to go you must be getting excited.. get those steps in.. good luck..

Audrey..
    Hope Mum gets sorted out hope your brother can help you get her to the doctors xx

We are trying to go to the Grand Canyon on Friday the temperature will be a bit lower must get it booked tonight.

Jean x

Managed 2 days within TDEE and a FD planned tomorrow. Feel quite bloated as back to IBS problems…it plays havoc with the weight loss too.

Audrey, heres hoping your mum continues to pick up in spite of refusing to go to Drs.

Jean, enjoy the GC, what an experience to be having.

Pseu, I too wondered about part FDs and whether they help, but actually I only think they help from the point of view of potentially helping keep the daily cals down. When Im in work and not home til 2.30ish thats when I have my first food of the day (unless its a FD) but dont think it really makes any difference. I think for the fasting to actually work as the 5:2 intends its down to the calorie restriction for that 24hour period and for more health benefits of fasting, it needs to be longer than 24hrs and a pure fast. That being said I still do a version of 16:8 at least 4 days a week, which kind of suits me as a lifestyle.

How did the Fasters get on today? DF are doing back to back fasts??

Rowena, Im glad that things seem a tad better for you.

Lynne, how are doing on our restart September?

I best get some sleep but Im going to have a little read about fasting again, now that Ive started thinking more about it. And I need to work out how I can get more exercise into my week. My fitbit is proof that I hardly move in the week, not helped by sitting at a desk in the day. Ive been watching the programmes on body ages compared to birth ages and I think at 52 I need to give some thought about how Im ageing my body and mind, perhaps quicker than I need be….sleep deprivation, reduced muscle strength, high body fat %, lack of movement, above average alcohol consumption…perhaps one step at a time hey!! Lol!! On a good note, my resting heart rate, blood pressure and total cholesterol are all good.

Right enough rambling! X

Morning all!
    Kay- you were up late! You must be doing something right if your BP, cholesterol etc. are all okay. I need to do more exercise too- have had 3 years of not being able to due to health problems, but hopefully can now build up to doing more again…
    Minols- where are you going hiking?
    Shera- good luck with the open evenings, that is a lot on top of a busy day teaching, hope you enjoy Rob and don’t fall asleep!

Morning all

Hope everybody is ok,

We are making roast beef as Zoe n Thomas are here for tea… so it’s a busy day here.

I am looking forward to fasting next week, but am trying not to eat too much but at mum’s that’s diffucult as she is a feeder. I can’t complain too much as I feed our girls too when they come to visit..

Hope everyone is ok, thanks for your support and good wishes for mum.

Have a good day everybody

Aud x

Morning all.

FD for me today…and largely a writing day, too, so less walking as well.

Hedgehog…I’m doing a wee trek to Machu Picchu. A charity we support here in Scotland decided to get a group of supporters together to do it as a fundraiser and as it was a childhood (almost forgotten) dream I signed up ages ago. It’s only 4or 5 days actually trekking and the distances aren’t enormous, but the altitude is what will probably do me in…3400m-4600m. Which is why it will take 8-9 hours a day! I’m nervously excited now…ordered a little bit of currency yesterday, and i’ve started piling up my gear ready to begin the detailed weighing process. …i’m only allowed 10kg on the mule’s back Inc my sleeping bag, but I can leave stuff at a wee hotel in Cuzco where we start and finish the trek…just typing this makes my thumbs tingle with nerves!

Anyway, back to normal life for today.

Anyone else fasting?

Mx

Morning everyone 🙂

FD for me too today xx

Oh wow Minols, that’s really cool – I’d love to see Machu Picchu. I’ve taken up hiking fairly recently, which I enjoy though don’t get to go as much as I’d like – I don’t end up anywhere that interesting though!

FD for me too. It’s always the boredom that puts me at risk of giving in – if I was out and about it wouldn’t be a struggle.

HI Pseu – haven’t done any trekking in ages, but back in my 20s did the West Highland Way a few times and the Cornish Coastal Path – just loved the easy-going time away with friends and the fact that you can eat pub food guilt free for a week! I was never ready going, but always fit coming back. It’s a bit harder now – older, fatter, leaving the family, but maybe this big push will get me back into it a bit. I think this will be my one and only ‘adventure’ – it’s a bit expensive as we’re paying my own costs so that everything we raise goes tot he charity, but there are loads of walks around the UK I’d love to tackle.

Meanwhile…how are the fasts going? I’m struggling a bit today…been nibbling on rice cakes to keep me going. Haven’t had them in years, but they now do them in salt and vinegar which is a great improvement.

Mx

They both sound like nice walks – and guilt free pub food is always a bonus! I live in Swansea, so I’m pretty lucky that I have both coastal paths and mountain walks right on my door step. I just need to meet someone I can lasso into joining me – the clubs don’t go often enough for my liking. 🙂

I’ve only had a cup of coffee so doing pretty well so far. 😀

I’m struggling a bit too Minols, hang in there .. we can do it!

Pseu, your doing well, keep going!

On the countdown to home time now .. must stay strong!!

Its quiet again today, hope everyone’s doing ok.

xx

Still doing ok here. Just a splash of milk in my last coffee. Now off out for an hour whilst sun out to get some exercise in.

Keep going fellow fasters x

Just dropping quickly by to say good luck fasters….

Back tomorrow

Aud x

Morning Guys..
    Just popping by before breakfast..

Good luck to the Thursday fasters have a good day.. well into the day now keep going..

Speak later

Jean c

Hope you fasters are doing okay? It’s a long day sometimes…
    Minols- the trek sounds great, hope that you do well!

Hello! Hope you’re all okay Audrey, Jean, Hedgehogs, Minols, Dragon fly, and everyone!

I was off the radar as was on my residential course, was so intensive and worked hard – no fasting, no dieting either, two course lunches, three course dinners etc!

I’m hoping not too much damage done though, as even while I was fed lots, they mainly gave me fruit salads and vegetables served with vegetables lol, as the caterers didn’t seem to have much creativity for vegan food. For once, I was glad about it!

I didn’t dare weigh myself when first back still, haha, but I’m on my second fast day today since coming home, and will weight tomorrow to see if hoepfully I a m at least what I was before I left.

Might do another Fast at weekend – as go on holiday for a week on Monday! But after that, I can properly get I to the swing of things as no other big plans until Christmas.

Not long to go now for anyone fasting today, keep up the good work all of you! I have about 130 calories saved for an evening snack before bed 🙂

Minols – love the sound of the Macchu Pichu trek! Would love to do that myself. Amazing stuff there!

Really struggling now. More than usual. I think I’m already slightly over following tea, and have just done a top up shop while the boy is on a library visit with the Cubs.

Double Deckers are calling me from the shopping bag. It’s not hunger, it’s greed.

Considered not coming on here and just giving in, but glad I logged on. There’s a park next to the library and I think i’m going to ‘step away from the bag’ lock the car and go for a walk…

Minols….. step away from the chocolate, DO NOT GET TEMPTED… you are doing really well just a few more hours then bed… tomorrow you can eat… hope this helps…

Hope everyone else is ok…

Aud x

Minols – not long to go now for the rest of the day! You can do it! Get to bed early if you can, and remember that tomorrow you can have a little treat 🙂 x

I went for a jog for the first time in a while (I ache now, owchie), and just had some baby corn and low fat hummus for dinner. Will probably have a bit of fruit later, but not doing too bad today.

Well done Pseudo- meant to do some exercise but did gardening instead as it was so nice. Missus Mop- hope your scales are kind to you tomorrow!
    I’m fasting tomorrow- anyone else?

Afternoon All…

I am 8 hours behind here.. everybody about finished fasting and nearly to bed, hope everyone made it 😀

We are having breakfast and dinner here, although eating more than usual I hope missing lunch out balances it..only having one wine with our meals too.

A long day tomorrow we are going to the Canyon.. 4 hours each way traveling but it’s the only way to do it..6 am pick up back at 9pm 😬

Mrs Mop..
    Hope the scales are kind to you.. off the radar is always a problem…if it’s not one thing it’s another, things always crop up.

Audrey..
    Hope things are going well and you get the break you need at the caravan.

Pseu..
    Well done on the jogging.. my poor feet won’t let me now…

We are walking unbelievably far here, Steve struggling and grumpy lol.. have to laze in the afternoon.

Hedgehog..
    Good luck fasting tomorrow ..

Night night all.. I still have the day left only 2pm here…

Jean x

Hi. Successful fd for me. Very busy day so that helps. Police contacted me today to tell me 6 days ago my bike was involved in an accident and has been written off.
    Really trying to get to grips with living in the now and stop living for weekends but I’m just not a happy bunny at the moment. The last time I felt good was morning of 1st Sept. The call from my dad about my bike made my mood plummet. Then immediately back to work, cold, dark, rain and stressful working days at work I just can’t seem to get a grip.

Symba7 – Lazing in the afternoons is one of the best parts of a holiday. Sounds like you’re seeing a lot of great places. 🙂

Hedgehogs – Gardening counts as exercise in my book! On one of my other forums it’s called the ‘Green Gym.’

Shera – well done on having a successful FD day, especially given that you’ve had a difficult day. I’m sorry to hear about your bike. 🙁

Viewing 50 posts - 13,951 through 14,000 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.