Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,828 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 1 hour, 55 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 35,313 total)

• Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Well, what a couple of decadent days I have enjoyed. Lol LOTS of naughty treats and of course the dreaded wine.

Scales don’t look happy with me this morning but we all know a few FDs will put that right.

Karen.. so sorry to hear about your Mums fall. That is always the big worry I know. Hope she is feeling better now and not too much damage. Xx

Sending Healing Thoughts to all who are not well. Xx

Ginette hope all is well with you. Xx

Little pickers have bigger Knickers really should be on my mind today. lol

But YAY Altogether we can does this. ( Just a few hiccups along the way) Xx

Welcome back hemmy

I forgot you were away and was getting very worried we had lost you!

Glad you are back

Audrey

Morning all
    We are still sniveling and spluttering here and which wag said feed a cold and starve a fever?! That Milena I believe!

Hemmy, sounds like Brighton went down really well. Bet it was well worth a few extra cals!!

Karen, sorry to hear about your mum. Difficult times ahead I imagine. Hope she is ok. x

As for the rest of you, what can one say? WELL DONE, taking the bull by the horns. Sadly cannot join in as poorly sick tee hee.

Daughter is coming for the weekend from London. Just like her father tall, five foot nine, slim as a whippet and can eat anything and not put on weight. Grrrr.

Have a good day all.

Beverley

Hi fellow brits

Just a quick post to say to you all have a great weekend, I am busy with family so will probably post again on Monday

Audrey

Thank you Audrey x

Well guys …not a good day today. I am back in naughty mode… eating cheese and drinking wine while deciding dinner.

It feels like I took my finger off the button for a couple of days and all hell has broken loose.

Probably should have gone straight in at 500 but had changed shopping day to today. Always have a bit of lunch out with Mum on shopping day she looks forward to that. Nothing much just the local bakery shop café.

Anyway think its FD Saturday for me and Monday as weigh in Tuesday. No lb this week I fear unless I can pull all the stops out. Lol

Not beating myself up though have had a good run of being good.

Audrey + Milena what absolute stars you are . Well done both. Xx

Where is our leader Ginette? miss her encouragement… just love her posts. Xx

Hope everyone FD ing today had a good one . Xx

Onwards and downwards Brit lovelies… Tomorrow is another day of Mindful Thinking. Xx

Hemmy,

Don’t beat yourself up about it.

Pull your socks up and try try again. ..I am sure you will succeed tomorrow I have faith in you.

Time with your mum is more important make the most of it, I know they look forward to us going, at least mine does! Just put the wine and cheese down now. Hehe

Good luck for Tuesdays weigh in, I think that’s the same as me this week….. I weigh in every 8 days just to be awkward!

Audrey

Hi Hemmy

folk are constantly surprised at my intelligence!!! Not that I have a lot, but I come across as a total dipstick – always looked like one – that any utterance from my mouth which does not confirm their first impression seems to astound everyone! And I have one of those brains that can take in tons of information and regurgitate it at will!

So heed my advice about feed a cold – not only an old wives tale – and name me one untrue old wives tale – ok you can wash your hair on your period – name me two old wives tale that are not true!

Hemmy, take Audrey’s advice – because she has been there – me, I could – should – write about about my slight failures, hugh failures and complete bugger-ups!

If you can get it right 80% of the time, you can move mountains – but pareto’s principle is 20% effort for 80% results – and it works. So concentrate on doing it 80% well, BUT chin down and do that 20% to your UTMOST ABILITY and we will all move mountains of fat! And it works! More than that, it stops me certainly from seeing anything less than perfection as a failure.

Thank you Audrey and Milena. Your support is very much appreciated.

Last glass of wine. Fast day tomorrow. Back on route.

Yay we will get there together. Xx

Have one for me Hemmy- off the stuff at the moment, my failing. So I am off it until the end of the month – but saving the money for something really expensive.

Remember – life is too short for cheap wine.

So go the Aldi!!!! Very inexpensive good wine – there is a difference.

Hehe
    I am sat here enjoying a nice glass of port. Mmmm lovely

Have a great weekend everybody you too ginette if you are about.

Audrey

Thanks Milena x Drinking Aldi Merlot now.Xx

A Toast to us all Audrey … clink your glass of Port…cheers to us all.

Tomorrow is another day … tonight we enjoy. Xx

We are all in this to win it. TOGETHER Brit lovelies. Xx

Good morning friends hope all is well with you. x

It looks to be a lovely day again. Hopefully gardening to work away some of the extra cals consumed.

Fast day for me today .. lots and lots of lemon water.. anyone else?

How is everyone doing?

Hi Ginette hope you are okay and Pam.Xx

Karen hope your Mum is feeling better. Xx

Healing thoughts to all.

Well my lovelies … dont forget .. when it rains on us … lets dance in it.

All together Brits… we can do this. Xx

Morning hemmy

I am doing a semi fast day today, liquid only till evening meal then slow cooked brisket with vegetables. …

Hopefully will be in or around 500 kcals.

Have a great weekend everyone

Audrey

Hi All

Yes I’m back, not that I have been away. I had a friend with me who I hadn’t seen in a couple of months so spent out time catching up. Hence no forum. I also went to Pam’s who had an evening with a friend there. All is well. When I am with Pam there is no Internet and my phone goes into airplane mode as the constant incoming messages drive her mad.

I have also been on the phone for ages trying to sort out ongoing issues with things. What an awful job this is. I did get somewhere in the end though. Phew.

Well done Audrey for your loss, I hope it stays off. I have put half a pound back on although as the weather is warmer I did expect this.

Hi Karen

So sorry to hear your mother has fallen. I know exactly what that is like. I hope all is well, I shall go back and look at the full post once I have posted this or I will lose all of it, I have done this more than once.

Poor you Hemmy, this is what I worry about if ever I go away. Relaxing too much and then finding it difficult to get back to it. I imagine that in the long run it will keep your metabolism ticking over nicely and so the weight will come off really quickly.

Poor Beverley

It is awful to have cold drag on, you feel rotten although not dactyl I’ll and sometimes they last for ages, or seen to anyway. Yes Echinaca is the way to go. It is a really nice flower as well.

I know some people who take them in the winter period once a day.

Well I had three good fast days so life in the food world goes on as normal.

Back to the relaxation of the weekend…food wise.

I will now go back and read the older posts so maybe more to come.

Ginette

Hi Audrey

Stew sounds lovely. The meat free bolognese was 92 for a quarter of a packet and then whatever you add to it. I found it a bit gritty to be honest although I had the packet in my cupboard for ages. I shall try a fresher one in a couple of weeks to see what I think. Yeast was lovely and I added a little gravy and poured over the vegetables, delicious.

Priscilla

Have a lovely holiday.

Karen

So sorry to hear about your Mum, unless this is happening on a regular basis don’t panic too much. I can remember when my Mum use to fall a lot. Medication can be a problem or even getting out of a chair too quickly. My friend’s mother in law has just had this as well second time but with 9 months in between. She has always landed on a carpeted floor so not too much damage done. Both times when she left hospital she had the six week rehab team in her home. They looked after her, they came in four times a day to see her and she recovered. They are back in with her now. Both times in hospital she was disorientated and looked to be going downhill, both times after a couple of days at home she was better mentally and within a month was stronger physically.

My mum was disorientated in hospital as well but settled after a few days back home.

My friends mum is in her early nineties and like most people want to stay at home. I used to look after my uncle and he had to have work done on his home which was really dusty, as he had severe breathing problems he had to have respite. On visiting him in while in respite he was talking about a fight breaking out at his work and the fact that he would still get paid. He had stopped working about 25 years before and it was just being out of his home that did this to him. Within a few days of being home he was fine again, he just had carers to look after him.

It looks like you and Milena are set for another couple of days of water only next week am I right. If this works for you both as it seems to then great. I hope the weight stays off and if like me you add a little fluctuation in water can be the reason. You both did brilliantly last week well done.

Ginette

Hi Ginette lovely to see your post. A relief in fact. Lol We need you to keep us on the straight and narrow… although Audrey and Milena did a good job last night.

That was really the first temptation since starting It went over 3 days. Hard today… Just had a couple of crispbreads with marmite .. drinking lots. omelette this evening Xx Glad you managed your fast days okay.

Audrey I just cant seem to hack a liquid day must have some food. Sort of depresses me. I would probably eat twice as much, lol

Hope your day goes well both. xxxx

Hi Hemmy

Yes a bit like me, I am fine waiting until the evening to eat, I reserve a bit in case I want a small late lunch snack, I have found that it helps having something to look forward to.

I am considering making desserts with quark. It is 66 calories for 100g and so seems a good bet. Apparently also very thick. From what I have read it is up to you to add flavour, it can be used to add to pasta or soups and also to make desserts.

I am going to get some in a couple of weeks. Has anybody else used it?

Ginette

Hi Ginette

I have never used quark but have often wondered about it. Looked it up and very low in calories indeed.

Would be good in recipes that need cream cheese. I wonder if it would be good in cheesecake. Digestive biscuit base not being too bad .xxxx

Our version of the ever-popular dish features tasty pasta mixed with cheese, mustard and quark – and there’s no need to make a fiddly white sauce! ingredients 500g dried macaroni 2 trimmed leeks, thinly sliced 200g quark 200ml boiling vegetable stock 1 tbsp onion granules 2 garlic cloves, crushed 1 tsp mustard powder Small handful of chopped fresh chives 50g reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated Salt and freshly ground black pepper method Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions, adding theleeks for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain and return tothe pan. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the quark, stock, onion granules, garlic, mustard powder, chivesand three-quarters of the cheese in a small pan and whisk to mixtogether. Heat gently until the mixture is fairly smooth and seasonwell. Stir the sauce into the drained macaroni and leek and toss tomix well. Spoon the macaroni mixture into four individual heatproof dishesarranged on a baking tray (or use a shallow casserole dish). Sprinkleover the remaining cheese, season and grill for 4 minutes or untilgolden and bubbling. Serve hot with salad or vegetablesof your choice. Tip: If you like a bit of extra spice, add 1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes.

Just found this Recipe Ginette with quark. xxxx

Hi all

Thanks so much for all your kind words re my mum. She’s doing OK but think she’s in denial about how frail she is now and doesn’t want to accept that she needs more help if she wants to continue to live independently.

Hemmy..glad you had a brilliant time away. Don’t beat yourself up..you’ve done so well to date. We all deserve a blow out occasionally!!

I have used quark in a recipe in the dim and distant past. Think it might have been a Weight Watchers desert and it worked well and tasted fine.

Another 0.7 kg loss for me this week. Really pleased with this 🙂 This WOL seems to suit me and I’m determined that I shall maintain the loss and not undo all my good work.

Hope all having a lovely weekend x

Stay mindful friends x

Thanks for all your support 🙂

Karen
    Xx

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Karen so glad to hear your Mum Is doing okay. Yes, very hard for them to admit to needing some help.
    That generation are so very determined.. in fact I wonder if we will see the like again.
    Well done with your loss again .. you are so consistent. Good for you girl. Xx

Good FD yesterday but roast dinner day looms today. I wouldn’t bother every Sunday for Kristy and I but its lovely for Mum. I can send her home with tomorrows dinner plus. Lol So must be mindful.

FD tomorrow Anyone else..

Have a lovely Sunday all what ever you are doing… remember ” Tough times go but Tough people stay. Xx

Hi all, up before dawn, feeling like c$%p, coughing, spluttering. It’s been 2 weeks now and may see the doc as chest is sore. Have no appetite so cannot feed this one! I am doing a FD today but maybe try to eat a little more than 500. Trouble is nothing tastes nice.
    Have had a hot drink which has helped.
    MacMillans are doing an alcohol free October and I guess I am supposed to get sponsors so that will be good. Something positive and helpful. I can never thank them enough.
    Hoping you all had a great weekend, must say the weather here has been lovely. Going back to bed.
    Beverley

Morning all

Official weigh in 2.5 lb loss in a week! Feeling very good, thanks for all your help and advice!

Have a good day fast or feast, we are painting the outside of the house!

Audrey

Good morning friends hope all is well with you. x

Oh Bev hope you will soon feel better. Its awful feeling under par.

Give Berocca a go. As I said before , I have not had a sniff of a cold or infection for 2-3 years now. After a long spell of being very rundown. Get well soon.Xx

Audrey Wow Wow .. what a brilliant leading light. You deserve that great loss after all your determination. Hope the painting goes well. Xx

How is every one else … its very quiet.

Fast day today for me. Anyone?

Still struggling to get back in mode.

Have a good day Brit lovelies. We can do this together. Xx

Hi been reading through all your posts you all sound so friendly so hope you don’t mind me joining in. My first fast day today – really need this to work ?

Hi Hemmy, back up in big woolie jumper. LOL I am FD today so will join you!
    Well done Audrey. What a star!!
    Hello Dolly big welcome to you. Hemmy and I are FD today too so you won’t be alone. Feel free to fire questions. I am only coming into my 3rd week so the others would probably be your best bet.

Will try anything so barocca shopping today. At least I am not alone, Neil has it, son has it and granddaughter has had it for 3 or 4 weeks.

Beverley x

Hi Dolly, welcome. I’m quite new too. I usually have Monday and Thursday as FD but switching to Tuesday and Friday this week as I have a speed awareness course (hangs head in shame) on Thursday and friends are taking Stuart out for tea and cake for the afternoon while I am busy. I weighed on Friday …..13st 11
    I’m so pleased. GWS Bev

Celtic I was wondering how things are going and am so pleased for you. Err I hate to stupid but what is GWS? You know what they say about blondes!!!!

Glad you are all doing ok, welcome dolly,

I am fasting Thursday and Friday with milena again, so liquid only Thursday and 500 Friday seemed to work last week so here’s hoping.Bev I hope you feel better soon, we take echinacea every day summer and winter and it seems to keep our colds to a minimum!

Have a good day

Audrey

Hi everyone. x

Welcome Dolly D x lots of lovely people here to lend a hand along the road.
    Good luck today . Keep in touch.

Already had 5 cups of tea. Trying to go my longest on FD 3pm before eating. lol

Not holding my breath for anything good tomorrow weigh but Hey had a lovely week and enjoyed it.

Back to fighting the wine demon. But positive ..positive I know I can do this. Lots of projects today … cleaning Lol. Happy day. Xx

Bev, GWS = get well soon. ?

Hemmy , with the wine its good idea to make sure you drink other things at the time you would have had a glass. Do you drink red wine or white? If white try some of the single variety apple juices. If red look out for red grape juice (NOT Welches) tesco and morrisons are nice, but the best is Waitrose Merlot red grape. With these kind of things I always add water. If you want to get rid of a demon doing things differently for 21-30 consecutive days will usually do the trick.

Oh Celtic, never felt so stupid. I don’t use a flash phone so don’t know all the shorthand!! LOL (see I know that)

Had a shock. waiting for the car to be MOT’d read some of my new book ‘Spring Chicken’ (how to stay young forever or die trying) by Bill Gifford.
    Scary stuff. Got it following an article I read and I think I will never overeat again. Must be read by anyone with abdominal fat. It’s visceral!!
    Have had 2 boiled eggs and small amount of ham. Soup later.

Have now got so many vits its a struggle to take it all. Going to have an afternoon nap. Hemmy hope you are holding up ok and Dolly.

Onward and upward or in our case downward!

x

Hi all

Audrey..well done on your brilliant loss! You deserve this great result..well done you!!

FD for me today too..going really well.

Beverley..hope you feel better soon but sounds like it takes ages to fight off. Book sounds good..I’ll check it out.

Dolly..welcome to the forum. Great advice with a sense of humour on here 🙂 Keep checking in for support and good luck today x

Hemmy..stay on task today! Last week was fun but now it’s back to business. Look forward to baggier knickers!!

Celtic..well done on your loss 🙂

Sadly my mum has had another fall. My brother and SIL are with her waiting for GP assessment and hopefully admittance to a unit to get her properly checked. I may be out of touch for a while if I head back to UK for a few days.

Stay focused all 🙂

Have a good day

Karen
    Xx

Gosh Karen

I know from personal experience how worrying this can be. I hope your mum is sorted out soon, and they get to the bottom of why she keeps falling.

Keep in touch when you can, best wishes

Audrey

Hi Hemmy

That recipe sounds delicious. Remember when you make this to cook and chill the pasta for a while beforehand it changes the starches and therefore makes it less calorific. Strange but true.

The only pasta I think I have had since starting 5:2 is a weight watchers lasagna, this is more sauce than substance but sauce is nice over vegetables. Pasta was one of my food loves and I am worried about getting hooked on it. That tip about chilling it also goes for rice as well. I shall see if I can find the article for you.

I have a fridge full of food at the moment so it will be two or three weeks before I do another big shop.

Hi Karen

Well done on your loss, yes it really works for me as well.

Yes it is hard to accept that. My uncle went mad at me when he had to have carers come in. I must say the French system is brilliant and he had them in for two and a half hours a day. In between he had nurses and they also made him a hot drink. 95% of his care was paid for as well. He had meals delivered as well. This was a main meal and was deluxe user for two to three days in advance. They were home cooked meals, they had a soup course, an entree, a main course, a dessert, cheese and biscuits and a loaf twice a week as well. What a great service. He had part of the meal for lunch and the rest for dinner. He did have to get his carers to buy him more bread. Oh and I forgot, a sachet of coffee every day!! This was about 9 euros, probably about 7 pounds now. The carers were from the local villages and they often had someone on the family that he knew, they used to tell him all the village latest! What a brilliant service and what a lot off my mind. A real bonus was he got to real enjoy their visits from the first day.

Sorry went off on one there. The situation is similar with your Mum, when my mother came to live with me she had to have carers. Not such a positive experience as my uncle, but she did like most of them and we always had something to talk about when I came in from work. Tine in England is really limited, personally I don’t think that 15 minutes is enough apart from a medication and cup of tea visit. When Mum died I missed having someone to care for and did a weekend care shift on the weekend at tea times, this reduced to just on a Sunday. I always stayed longer than I should as I was not reliant on the money and the people that I cared for appreciated the company.

I do hope that you get your mum settled soon.

Yes I first heard of Quark at slimming world. I have never used it though.

Hi Hemny, yes I’m fasting today.

Hi Beverley

You do seem to be suffering, yes I see that was was before dawn when you were up. I hope after a good sleep you feel better. They days are normally better than the nights. I hope it gives soon. Just worry about getting better, fasting will be there in a few days time, chicken noodle soup in the thing I turn to. I don’t know if it is a comfort thing as I was given this when I was young, but it seems to be the best thing. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Audrey

Well done, a brilliant result!! Well worth the liquid fasts then. I am so pleased for you. Yes the weather is brilliant here just over 23 degrees inside the house and unbroken sunshine, the papers say this is here for two weeks, a real Indian summer. You do need to try and get away if you can, after painting the house of course, it is a shame to miss this wonderful weather.

Hi Dolly

Welcome, the more the merrier, tell us a little about yourself. I live in the south of England, not many people on this forum near me, I have been on this since the second week of January, I have done really well as I really struggled to lose on other diets, I went to slimming world three times and depending on what tine of the year it was sometimes lost and sometimes didn’t (summer I always struggle). This is the only way that I have consistently lost.

It will take you a couple of weeks to settle in but people seem to adapt well in this time I found that it was one difficult day and second was easier and from there it was downhill weight wise all the way.

There are lots of helpful people here so ask and if you need help just ask.

Hi Celtic

I know that these courses are a day and much better than getting points. A know two people who have been just two or three miles over the speed limit and have been caught. Nothing to worry about.

Have you tried using psyllium in cooking, I have a great hulking bag of it now and I’m not sure how to use it.

Hi Beverley

Glad you are enjoying the book, I am in two minds about getting it. It sounds good though.

Ginette

Hi Karen

Your poor Mum, ask the doctor if any of her medication might be the reason. I have been on some myself which have made me feel weak and dizzy, I had to come off of them eventually. I react very badly to certain types of medications, sometimes it is just the mixture of them and one doesn’t work well with another. My mum also had this problem. At least she will be in a place where they can be monitored.

Thinking of you all. Xx

Ginette

Hi Hemmy

Here is the link as promised. Also there are links in there to the original program which I remember watching. I keep bread in the fridge so I wonder if that works if you toast it? Who knows. I don’t have any way to measure this. I shall stick to the pasta theory.

The investigating doctor is Michael Mosley, this is also good news for diabetics.

http://www.sciencealert.com/heating-your-pasta-makes-it-significantly-better-for-you

Ginette

We just had wholewheat fusilli with quorn ratatouille, because we were out earlier I dint have time to do it well in advance, instead cooled it with ice cubes and a small amount of cold water. Reheated it in the ratatouille. We havebeen cutting our pasta portions down I did 50 g each tonight rather that 60 and Stu had more than me … I think my stomach is finally starting to get smaller. Still havent had a chance to get yeast flakes. Had a odd thing on Saturday : we discovered a little farm food and health food shop in Cromer, I asked for yeast flakes in there and the guy said not allowed to sell it unless you have a fireworks liscence… something about it being an accelerant! I couldnt find any net reference to this so I presume we were having our legs pulled.

Good evening all. x

Fast day went better than anticipated… back it the swing I reckon. lol

Nothing exciting but managed to get to 3pm before a bit of cheese and crisp breads then later mushroom and herb omelette so well in 500.
    Drank loads today too.

Quite nervous about tomorrows weigh in… had a big week in all.

Karen Sorry to hear your Mum had another fall . Hope its something that can be sorted asp. A big worry for you all I am sure. Healing thoughts to your Mum. Xx

Bev hope you are feeling better tonight. Just get lots of rest and drink plenty of fresh lemon and honey.Xx

Ginette thank you for the link. That’s very interesting about that pasta. I have also read somewhere… similar about cold potato and green bananas. Least I think I have. Lol We only eat toast so I get day old bread at a good price and freeze it.

Hope Pam is feeling better Ginette. Xx

Celtic C Thank you for the tips on banning the wine demon. Yes, must find something tasty but low cal to put in that wine glass.
    Your meal sounded good … will be wonderful if your stomach wants smaller amounts. Whey Hey. Xx

Audrey hope the painting went well… A good day for it. Those leggings will be round your ankles soon. Xx

Dolly D How did your day go. This way of life really does work as you can see by Ginette… Audrey etc Way to go Xx

Hope everyone else is okay … sweet dreams Brit lovelies..

Ounce by ounce.. every little helps us along the way. Xx

Hi Hemmy

Yes Pam is much better thanks. Yes I think that I read this about potatoes as well. All good.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Hi Dolly

I hope your day went well.

Ginette

Morning friends. I shall not wail on how lousy I still am. Promise! Have been sleeping for England. The little I do feel like eating is all good. Going to make a hot drink and go back to bed.
    The good news is I am down 3 lbs. Why am I not more pleased? That’s 5 lbs in 2 weeks!!
    I can now have laptop on my lap and use the keyboard properly!!
    Hope you’re all doing ok.
    Karen hope your mum is ok. x
    Beverley

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Bev Yipeeee. Good for you girl. 5lbs in two weeks fantastic news. Keep up with the resting,good food plenty of fluids. Xx

Well friends I am afraid I didn’t get away with it and have put back 1 pound.

So its back to 11lbs = 5 and a half bags of suger .
    Shame but I did extend those couple of days to nearly cover the week. I did have a really good FD yesterday but not enough to redeem myself.

Still … positive positive … kill that wine demon and all will flow easy.

I did contemplate on doing more Fd days to catch up this coming week but decided to just stick with the two as I don’t want it to feel like other diets and then get bored. Maybe later when things start to stick. Will review my daily cals this morning maybe go down a tad.

Dolly D. how did the first FD go for you. Everyone else how are you doing. Xx

Ginette glad Pam is feeling better Xx

Hopefully another beautiful day so uplifting the sunshine whatever you are doing.

Healing thoughts to all … Together with lots of support for each other.. we can do this Brit lovelies. Xx

Morning all,

Ginette, glad Pam is better

Celtic tea sounded lovely

Beverley wow great weight loss, keep it up, hope you are better soon

Hemmy, stick to 5 2 and the weight will drop, 11 lbs loss over all is great. You just need to get a hold of the wine problem!

Dolly, hope you are still with us, keep in touch, together we are stronger!

Have a great day everybody, we are gardening today apparently

Audrey

Thank you Audrey. Yes, wine must go once again I definitely want smaller knickers. Lol

Enjoy your day in the garden. Car cleaning and windows for me… and being very mindful Xx

Milena Priscilla and Monica how are you doing. Xx

Hi Audrey

Yes make the most of this weather, it is lovely to be outside in it. I am going out in about half an hour but I thought I would just check in.

Hi Hemmy

Well that is only a pound and I can easily gain this in this weather. It will probably come off next week and hopefully a little more with it, just a blip…….

Yes I have taken to keeping another pair in my bag as smaller knickers are a must when they ride down. As long as they don’t fall down I shall still wear them, not for long though I hope.

Hope everybody else is getting good weather and making the most of it all.

Ginette

Good evening friends. x

Ginette that did make me chuckle about the knickers in your bag. For goodness sake don’t lose it. Lol
    To be honest I think even if I should ever be fortunate to be a size 10 I would still prefer Big knickers but of cause smaller ones. Lol Xx

A good day exercise wise. Had 2 big conifer hedges trimmed so plenty of up and down with the cuttings. Window cleaning … so busy day.
    Food wise good too. Crisp breads and marmite for lunch then jacket potato with a big salad this evening. Kristy did the gym and a session with Billy the trainer tomorrow … so not a drop of wine in sight since Sunday lunch. Both just said how good we felt too.
    Checked my TDEE and need to go down with the cals a bit. I had forgotten about that.

How is everyone doing?

Healing thoughts to you and yours. Xx

Yippee, feeling human! Feel like getting trackies on and going for a brisk (short!) walk. Appetite improved yesterday and scoffed probably near my TDEE. I estimate approx. 1500 cals. I must measure my ss milk in coffee, always forget to do it but no excuse as I now have a small calibrated jug.
    Losing that 5 lbs I can feel the difference when walking. Incredible. Can whip up the stairs easily again. What joy!

Hope all are well and have a good day. It looks like more sun here again. I am so happy. Just hope I can keep the appetite under control!!
    Hugs
    Beverley

Hi everyone – Monday was tough !!!!! Fasting again today – does it get easier? Just wondering do u read the books or just add up the calories on your own ?

Everyone so friendly and supportive – hope to remember everyone’s name soon.

Sorry not been back to chat before but looking after poorly granddaughter and then had to work yesterday

5 lb in 2 weeks sounds amazing to me

Happy Wednesday everyone xx xx

Good morning friends.. hope all is well in your world. x

Hi Bev so glad you are feeling better today and able to enjoy the wonderful feeling of a good weight loss. Good fresh air will be a boost but just don’t overdo it. Enjoy your day. Xx

Looks to be another glorious one … with the leaves changing so very pretty.

Over did it yesterday and was creeping upstairs last night … All aches.
    I do tend to go mad in the garden as its my passion but a quiet day reading after our walk today I think.

No demons around so all good. Think the lovely Billy is keeping us on track. Well I guess he must be special as Kristy is very happy to go for that training.. Lol

Hope everyone is doing well.. good luck fasting or being mindful.

Together Brit lovelies… we can stop wishing and start doing. Xx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 35,313 total)

You must be logged in to reply.