Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 8 hours, 47 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,901 through 13,950 (of 35,392 total)

• C702

Not surprising you slipped with all the worry on your plate. Just put it behind you and try again.family first every time , Life sometimes gets in the way or in my case my life is full of good intentions! Lolo 😁.

Aud x

Well done to all the fasters- keep strong for the next few hours…
    C702- thinking of you, that must be really hard.
    Pasha- I totally get the multiple meals, that happens in our house most of the time! At least it makes it easier to plan diet meals for yourself if you’re used to cooking separate things anyway!
    I’ve had a non-fast day today, but I’ve found it harder than some of the FD’s! I was so hungry!
    Anyone else fasting tomorrow?

Evening All..

I am better now.. Steve a bit weak but much better now… daughter last man standing!!
    6 down one left!… I think she is clear.

Still not really eating but I am sure we will be in full flow soon.

Audrey..
    Hope they can try and sort you out.. pain management for Steves daughter ended up with morphine, which I think is too strong.. hope they do better for you..tread mill out a bit of dusting needed …lol

Hedgehog..
    Magnums are our down fall.. it’s good winters coming not so tempting..

DF..
    Hope you day has gone well hope you completed it..

This bug has been really bad.. it came from nursery..the first two young ones not too bad then it got much worse with each person.. thank god it’s gone ..we have been around with disinfectant and all 5 beds washed.. all fun!

C702..
    You sound as if you have your hands full.. as Audrey says family comes first.. always something happens..

Must get a flu jab when back..a good reminder.

Kay..
    Hope Ellie is holding her own.. just thinking about her πŸ’•

Good luck at the dentists a few of you are going.. I have that to look toward to my first week back…umm

Football training tonight with 8 year old so going to support.. we like to when we are here, if we can..

Florida house held her own with the hurricane inside water damage on ceilings but no flooding.. got away lightly..

Keep strong all the fasters nearly over for you..

Take care guys..I am popping by ..looking..

Jean x

Hedgehogs, Im with you tomorrow!

Well done those who fasted today.

Jean, Im glad you and the family are getting back to normal.

Audrey, I had to laugh at your doctor…peeved about expensive referrals so jabbed you in the arm…lol

C702, hang on in there. Life happens and you have a lot on your plate. Just keep hold of that motivation, ready to get back in there when you can. Staying in control will actually help you psychologically if you can.

I had a nonfast day today and didnt count the calories, and think I might have been over. Grrrr….

‘Tomorrow is another day’

Good night everyone you should all be tucked up in bed…

All really back to normal for all of us ..wine has been out tonight, sat out side til 10 a lovely barmy evening, chatting, telling their secrets when they were courting.. interesting..lol.. too much wine..lol

Katie laughing saying she has never seen me looking so ill and rough.. thanks Kates πŸ’•

Have a good fast day everyone for Thursday .. hope everyone went well today ..

Night night

Jean x

Morning all

Up at silly o’clockπŸ˜•.. woke up at 5 and couldn’t get back to sleep..

Thank goodness it’s a non fast day for me otherwise it would be a long one.

Mum’s shower has broken and they are struggling to get the part to mend it, wouldn’t you think my brother or SIL would sort a way out for her to wash her hair… but no it’s left up to me who lives miles away to do it…. As I am going on Monday I hope it’s mended by then otherwise it could get very smelly in that house!

Moan over now! Hope everybody is ok and has a good day fast or non fast.

Aud x

Morning Aud! I can sympathise with your moan- have FIL with dementia and BIL/SIL have done nothing to help either! FIL in a lovely care home now, so less worry for us- which is why I finally feel ready to get on track with a diet, less stress!
    I’m on FD today.

My big brother and SIL are quite good most if the time, they take her shopping and DR etc., but my little big brother does NOTHING ! When dad was ill he turned up once a week but I stayed with mum for 5 days came home for 3 then went back again and this went on for months.

I just think how hard us it to mend a shower? Just get her a new one she has psoriasis so needs to keep it clean for goodness sake hehe.. oops I am ranting again! 🀣..

Going to go and scrub the kitchen floor, that should help… have a great day hedgehogs…

Aud x

Hedgehogs, Kay .. I’m with you fasting πŸ™‚ Feeling positive about it today. Yesterday I struggled, but did manage okay in the end πŸ™‚ What are your plans for the day? I’m at work so hopefully my mind will be occupied!!

Audrey, have a good day. I too sympathise with other family members not doing their fair share of helping out. Steve has a big family with lots of brothers and sisters, but apart from one of his sisters, they seem to do nothing to help out with his mother, who is in her late 70’s and struggling to get out and about. We do live nearby, and I think that’s why it falls to us, but just once I feel that others could do more. Hope your mum gets her shower fixed soon x

Jean, so glad your feeling better and enjoying the break. Sitting outside sipping wine sounds wonderful, its gone really cold here!!

I’ll be back later, have a great day fasting or otherwise πŸ™‚

To quote our Audrey, together we’re stronger!!

Morning everyone

Dentist went well, don’t need any treatment or even a hygienist appointment so all good. Our dentist is a bit mad so appointments are always entertaining. The first time we went to him about 12 years ago he’d dyed his hair blue for Children in Need so that set the standard and he’s great with the kids.

FD went well, came in just under 500 cals and hopefully a liquid only planned for Friday.

Jean, kids always tell it the way it is – I though they may get more tactful as they get older but obviously not. Sounds like you had a lovely evening, well deserved after your time in sickbay.

Aud, hope everything is sorted before you go to Mum’s on Monday.

C702, thanks for the reminder about the flu jab, booked mine yesterday. I agree with Kay, staying in control of my food helps me when the rest of life is going haywire. I’m also a carer, my husband has an incurable brain tumour, so know that sometimes turning to food can be comforting. Over 18 months I’ve lost nearly 3.5 stone and this has really helped with the physical aspects of caring and has been a motivator to keep me wanting to lose more weight. Still got about 1.5 stone to go.

Not broken my fast yet today, aiming to indulge in some porridge in an hour or so.

Hedgehogs, Kay, DF and anyone else I’ve missed, good luck with the fasting today.

Will catch up later.

Lynne x

Lynne porridge you gave talked me into it… Will have a bowl myself later.

The itinerary has changed I am off to mum’s on Sat now… I need to sort this shower out, and she is not 100%. So Ian will drop me off then go the caravan on his own! Families eh!

Hedgehogs Kay DF good luck for today, keep in touch

Aud x

Went shopping today- always seems to be on a FD!- but made a fab discovery to help me along! Tetley’s Indulgence flavoured tea, Cookies and Cream flavour, it’s really lovely! Definitely what you need on a FD, and only 2 cals! It’s on an introductory offer, so will definitely get some more of that!

How are my fellow fasters doing?

I love porridge too!!

Hedgehogs, that tea sounds lovely. I need some new tea for work, so will look out for that tomorrow πŸ™‚

I’m doing okay, its lunchtime, so half way there. Sugar free mints, water and peppermint tea are my best friends so far today πŸ˜›

Stay strong guys x

Morning All..

Still in bed doing my e mails..still a bit dark sun not up yet..

Having a roam looking at antique/ junk shops in the countryside.. we find it interesting here, maybe lunch out.. daughter will be with us ..she likes a bargain.. lol

Audrey..
    Mums been quiet for a bit.. it comes in waves hope you get the shower fixed for her..

Hedgehog, Kay and DF..
    Have a good fd today.. I do miss it.. that empty feeling I think.. keep strong and make it a good one.

Lynne..
    Your dentist sounds lovely for the children..glad your appointment was good.. I need a filling, I think they upset it on last appointment it’s an old one😬 and a new dentist too 😬

Hedgehog..
    I have a face on with your cookie tea.. not for me I don’t think..it sounds like biscuits falling into a cuppa.. lol

DF..
    Mints sound better.. lol

Well the talk of cuppa.. bring the boy one in bed.. I do spoil him ..looks like everyone gone to school and work, I like to keep out of the way a bit organised chaos in a morning, spelling tests etc.. lol

Have a good day..

Jean x

Jean

Enjoy your day, glad you are all getting better…

Aud x

Audrey..
    Thanks, we feel A1 again..

Hope all goes well at mums I know it can be challenging..

Shall I say No Gardening.. watch your back πŸ˜€

Enjoy time with her it is special times..

Xx

In dentist waiting room.
    I’ve fasted too today.
    Had horrific experience. Too long to type but basically a boy at school who has lots of issues apparently kicked off in my lesson when I sent him out fir continuous disruption. Swearing at me etc in front of the class. I’m so upset angry embarrassed. Never experienced that is 17 years.

Shera, that sounds like a bad experience. What age do you teach? (Sounds like par for the course in high schools now from what my sons tell me, sadly)

11-19. I’ve heard about it but never experienced. It’s made me feel really uncomfortable. Same kid threatened to punch a male member of staff yesterday and called him an fing t***. Excluded for just one day. Then he behaves like that for me.

It must have been an awful experience for you.. teachers deserve every penny they get.

Hope ur ok now

Aud x

Thanks. Me being me, I can’t leave it alone. Very anxious right now. Really don’t want to go tomorrow.

Shera- maybe he’ll get excluded again, for longer. Thinking of you.

I hope so but I doubt it. He won’t be in my lesson tomorrow at least.
    Need to win the lottery! !!!

Rowena..
    The children are terrible no discipline at home these days.. and your hands are tied..

My daughter had so many problems with even 4 and 5 year olds.. a projector thrown across a room and smashed, she was kicked so much her new sandals strap broke and her legs bruised… nothing much gets done..she holds them till stamping paddys calm down so they don’t kick other children.

You have my sympathy you are definetly not on your own..she also gets very upset..

Jean x

Morning all

It’s Friday fast day, it’s my 3rd of the week. I am not eating till this evening but am having a meal with Ian before I go to my mum’s tomorrow…

My mum is not feeling to well at the moment nothing specific says she just doesn’t feel right! So perhaps a good thing I am going.

Fingers crossed I get the shower sorted out soon for her.

Rowena hope today is better for you.

Have a good day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Morning All..
    This week has passed quick.. last school day today..

Audrey..
    Well done on your three FDs this week back in the swing.. we will be joining you when back.. lol.. we have still not got our appetite back no full cooked meal yet..just a few merlots are creeping back in..πŸ˜€

Hope you get mum sorted and she soon feels better it’s a worry at her age and the shower fixed.

Safe driving tomorrow ..

All very quiet on here today.

Rowena hope your days better at least it’s Friday ..

Jean x

Well hello all

Just been reading back a bit and it’s nice to see a lot of the people are still here that were here when I was. I have been thinking about you all lately and thought I would just let you all know what is going on and why I disappeared.

I stopped fasting to begin with just because i had gotten out of doing it and was not in the right frame of mind.

But I then got diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, those that remember me might remember me going on about getting palpitations, and this is what they ended up being, I now have to take blood thinners and beta blockers for life, but unfortunately the beta blockers don’t allow fasting, even though I would like to do it again. I have maintained my weight but really need to loose a lot, so will have to find a new way.

So hope your all keeping well, miss our chats and I may pop in now and again , if that’s ok with you all.

Take care Tammy x

Hi all – just on for the first time in days, it seems. Some of that is work, but everything compounded by 2 days on a conference in a venue without wifi. Really good conference, if challenging…but of course, the flipside is the effect it has on the work left on the desk, and the amount eaten! Though I might have started to see my phenomenally stubborn scales moving before I went away…no chance now! Hey ho!

Anyway, sorry I’ve missed everyone’s news this week – picked up you’ve been unwell, Jean, so hope you’re feeling better. And hi, C702!

…and just noticed Tammy’s post above mine…hiya! Nice to hear from you, but sorry about your diagnosis. Glad they’ve got to the bottom of quite worrying symptoms though, and got you some treatment. Take care.

Mx

Hi all, hope Friday fasters are doing ok… sorry not managed a 3rd fast today life has got in the way again..

Tammy pop in when you can nice to here from you..

Back tomorrow will be difficult to post at mums will be on when I can

Aud x

Hi. Just leaving work. Had a good day thank goodness. Had the group but without the boy they were great.

Off for a rum and coke now!!!!

Just caught up with your posts.

Hi Tammy. Sorry to hear of your AF diagnosis but at least its been identified now. Hope you find another way of continuing the weight loss. Take care.

Audrey, hope your mum is ok when you return tomorrow. Dont forget to look after yourself too, watch that back.

Rowena, glad that today went better. Will have get chance for a relax over the weekend at all?

Jean, glad you feeling better now. Did you find any bargains in your mooching around?

Hedgehogs, not sure that I like the sound of that tea..lol How did yesterdays fast go?

Minols, another week has zoomed by hasnt it. Hope it doesnt take too long to get through the catch up.

I weighed in this morning, after a successful FD yesterday and Ive lost another 1.5lbs, so Im now “T-6!!”
    Need to keep some control over the weekend and push on again next week. Still focused on Restart September!!

Have a good evening and weekend all x

Glad that you had a better day Shera!
    Kay- my fast day was fine yesterday- I’m finding the non-fast days harder!
    Well done with your weight loss!
    I’m fasting again tomorrow, is anyone else?

Hi Kay. I will certainly make every effort to! 3 classes at gym followed by no plans!!! Yippee!

Afternoon All..

School out and going fishing shortly ..sounds like the Favourite 5…lol.. picinic packed..

Tammy…
    Lovely to hear from you sorry on your health problems.. if you find a new weight loss programme you can go on.. come back and join us.. support is always here to help..whichever way..πŸ˜€

Minols…
    Always a busy bee.. glad to have you back.

Audrey..
    Safe journey tomorrow.. hope things go well..

Rowena..
    Glad the day went well.. enjoy your rum and coke..

Kay..
    Well done on your 1 1/2 pounds off..it’s coming down….. my clothes still fitting me so not too much weight on at the moment.

I picked up a few bargains.. a large trivet for my new cast iron pan at home..a lovely pencil picture.. of a old couple just like us πŸ˜‚ We both loved it….6 small plates, I liked them but maybe I have enough at home .. lol… another new pair of shorts in a sale Β£9…we did well!

There’s not a lot to do here really so it’s mooching about, a family weekend then on the move Tuesday to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas for a week before we come back here.

Hedgehog..
    Have a good fast tomorrow.. Saturday! That’s a hard day..

Have a lovely weekend everybody.

Jean x

Jean- Las Vegas and Grand Canyon should be amazing, we went there a few years ago, loved it! Have a great time!

This is such a supportive group thanks everyone.

Quick question, as people who have been fasting for a while, did you find the body got more used to it over time?

And ohhh Las Vegas did anyone go on the glass bridge over the canyon? Bucket list to go to that one and the one in China.

C702..
    I think you get used to fasting and smaller meals.. large meals really upset both of us and make us feel ill…I am missing fasting while on holiday, I think it’s the hunger I like..I definetly don’t like sweet things as much my taste buds are changing…

We are nearly at two years of doing 5.2

Good luck to your journey I think the support from this group is amazing..

Jean x

Morning all

Off to mum’s soon, have a good weekend everyone… I will be in touch again when I can…

Aud x

Morning.
    Just at the gym. But early. Got pump spin then balance. Going to go in my studio when I’m home and have a play. Gets cold in there though so will be wrapping up!! Not a fan of the cold. Probably going to the pub later followed by fish and chips! !

Morning All..

We had a lovely afternoon fishing yesterday.. it was amazing place SILs friend from work offered us his fishing pier to use…
    Enjoyed a lovely picnic and a few beers, sitting on a couple of swinging chairs just so peaceful, a beautiful sunset to end the day..
    Serious fishing, lots of different fish caught.. 8 year old Zack the winner at 19 fish!..he loves fishing..
    We all caught some, only two for me.. lol..

We got home at 9 pm and then sat outside till midnight, a neighbour joined us.. with a few drinks .. a really enjoyable day.

Audrey..
    Safe travels.. hope all goes well.

Rowena..
    Enjoy your classes and painting later… it does sound as if the weathers changed..

Enjoy your fish and chips..

Have a good weekend all..

Jean x

Morning all

Quick post from me, mum still in bed…

Got here safely, don’t know what’s wrong with mum, her ankles are very badly swollen with water retention she can hardly stand and she hasn’t left the house for weeks. She says she just doesnt feel well but of course refuses to see a doctor..she also isn’t eating very much so I am trying to tempt her to eat. On a plus side the shower is now mended! I will post when I can but fasting will not be possible as I have to eat to try to help mum eat. I am cooking a turkey joint today.

Have a good day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are

Aud x

Hi Audrey, thinking of you caring for your Mum, must be very difficult especially if she’s not wanting to see a doctor. Swollen ankles can be a symptom of heart failure or kidney failure, so she really should as there’s medications which can help, or if she’s already on those medications then they might need adjusting.
    Hope that you enjoy spending some time with her though, despite the worry.

Thanks hedgehogs she is on medication for high blood pressure and water retention… I am trying to get her to drink water, it’s like forcing medication down a child… very trying!

X

Morning All..

Hoping everybody is well and busy.. always goes quiet on here at a weekend.

Still in bed the household is starting to wake up..we are all going out later for the day if it’s still on, not really sure what we are doing another picinic involved.

Audrey..
    Hope your mum picks up.. you will have to get her to the doctors by the sound of it, she must be very uncomfortable..it’s hard when she is strong willed.

Hedgehog..
    Hope your days going well..

Have a good Sunday all…

Jean x

Night everyone…

A great day on a lake today in the National Park, hired two boats, rowing a bit hard as it was so hot.. picnic in the middle of lake two boats tied together.
    Then to a Splash Pad within the park, children enjoying playing and getting wet through.
    Really lovely day..

All quiet on here today..

Good luck to the Monday fasters tomorrow .. make it a good one.

Night night

Jean x

Morning all!
    Jean- that sounds wonderful, have another good day today!
    Anyone else fasting again today- Monday just seems right to fast on?!

Sorry hedgehogs no fast this week for me. Still trying to tempt my mum into eating!

Have a good day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Morning all,

I’m fasting today Hedgehogs πŸ™‚ Lets make it a good one!!

Tammy, so lovely to hear from you. Do keep popping by, we miss you!! Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but its a good thing to know what’s what now, and it can be controlled. I’m sure you will find an alternative weight loss plan .. take care!!

Audrey, hope all okay with you and your mum. Thinking of you x

Jean, sounds like your having a wonderful time, enjoy!

Have a nice day everyone, stay strong fellow fasters xx

Hedgehogs and DR, I’m with you fasting today. I usually do Tuesdays as I don’t work Mondays but after a bad weekend (again) I feel the need to fast today!

Why do I sabotage my good work by completely letting go over the weekends. Grrrr….

Jean, it sounds like you are having a lovely time. πŸ™‚

Audrey, hope your mum starts picking up soon.

Have a good day all x

Morning All..
    Just waking up here…boys already left for school.

Hedgehog..
    We had a lot to eat yesterday.. we really should be joining you today.. have a good fd..

Audrey..
    How is your Mum.. ..any more worse than usual ? Hope your week goes well.. fasting can wait πŸ’•

DF..
    All is going well here keeping busy… have a good fd also.

Kay..
    Have a good fd.. we felt yukky last night eating homemade brownies at 9 pm 😬.. we all do it.. low day if we can today…

Catch you all later.. have a good one..

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 13,901 through 13,950 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.