Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,908 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 2 hours, 14 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,851 through 13,900 (of 35,395 total)

• Morning everyone

Think it was a night for bad sleep for everyone. I’ve got a brace of frozen shoulders and at 4am finally decided to try sleeping sat up with loads of pillows, up until then it was just tossing and turning.

Minols, hope you get the antibiotics sorted for Mum. Phil ended up back in hospital for a further op 3 1/2 weeks after the first because of an infection and ended up having to stay in for 5 weeks on IV antibiotics. Glad she’s doing well, brain surgery really does knock you for 6.

Hedgehogs, Aud and I are doing M, W, F next week. Feel free to join us, it’s almost ADF but with a tweak.

Jean, thinking of you and the family with all the hurricane warnings at the moment. Makes me realise how lucky we are to not suffer from these kind of natural disasters, of which there seem so many at the moment.

Really pleased this morning with my weight loss, down 2.4lb on last week. As Aud says quickly on, quickly off. I know I won’t maintain this rate, but a good kick start does wonders for the motivation.

This brings me to T-6.7lb to my lowest weight on 8th June. Even when I get to that weight I still want to lose a further stone and a half so a long way to go.

Porridge is sounding really appetising, but doing to try to hold off breaking my fast for an hour.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lynne x

Afternoon All..

Still being lazy while watching daughter and son in law working in the garden..too hard for us old souls..

I am missing fasting… we had a very very large cake given by a neighbour.. delicious.. only three of us eating it….😬….hoping to do a ‘nearly ‘fast on Monday..see how we go..

Minols and Hedgehog ..
    Hope the dogs settle tonight and you have some sleep…

Audrey..
    Nothing like grannies dinners.. it makes you silently pleased πŸ˜€

Lynne ..
    Well done on 2 1/2 pounds off a great start.. Thanks for your thoughts.. seems to be going west away from Katie’s house still not out the woods… Cat 3 now which is better than a Cat 5, 🀞🏻Some poor people will get it..
    From Houston Airport on our way here the floods were terrible from Harvey so very sad.

Have a good weekend all.. I am trying to keep up with you.. page turned so missed some of you out.. sorry..

Jean x

Glad to be back home, but the only way to get through the journey with the boy was to keep stopping, and as I couldn’t bear too many sugary drinks, ended up with my system sloshing with caffeine and wired to the moon…hate feeling like this. Physically shattered, but can’t settle. And I have work in – can’t believe it – 6 hours! Wonder if I can flush the caffeine out with lots of water?

Mx

Morning.
    Had a challenging week. Long hours. The headache and very little sleep. Seem to be settling a bit now.
    Yesterday I managed my 3 gym classes of pump spin and balance which I was pleased with as naughty voice in my head told me I deserved a lie in after the week at work. Felt good for ignoring it! Today if rain keeps away it’s the greyhound walk. Taking niece. I must admit I am fighting with anxiety terribly at the mo. Obviously work sets it off but then I sometimes find myself in a constant state of anxiety. The grey weather not helping. I remember about 8 years ago I was prescribed anti depressants for insomnia which was caused by anxiety, though I didn’t know that at the time. Anyway, after having the meds for a while as I wanted so much to deal with my issues naturally I took the meds. Only then did I realise how down I had been feeling as my norm. I am starting to see the signs but no way taking those again. Especially as trying to get pregnant. Just need to battle on and find things that help.

Anyway. Hope you are all well. Hugs to anyone who needs to. Xx

Thinking of you, Shera- great that you went to the exercise class. I wish I’d done more when I was younger and healthy enough to do it… It does give you a natural boost. hugs back to you!
    Minols- I hope you get some sleep! What work do you do?
    My doggy is worse today; looks like she’s having another bout of pancreatitis. Worrying- she’s nearly 13. My first thought is that I can’t be doing with fasting when I’m worrying about her, but I’m trying to resist thinking like that- it’ll be the slippery slope for me and then I won’t get going with it again. I was really hungry yesterday, nearly as bad as the fast days!
    Hope that you all have a good, restful Sunday.

Quick post…day off yesterday and went a bit over. Out into Exeter today and will try and keep some control πŸ™‚

Back later x

Morning all

Quick post from me, got girls here soon for lunch! The beef is lovely I cooked it yesterday.

Back tomorrow for fast. Minols hope you got to sleep.

Loveto you all have a lovely Sunday

Aud x

Morning All..

Just woke up so just checking everyone out πŸ˜€

No idea what we are doing today yet.

Audrey..
    Have a lovely day with your family.. I can smell the dinner πŸ˜€

Kay..
    Enjoy your day at Exter..

Hedgehog..
    Hoping your doggies better and it all calms down.. 13 is a good age..

Rowena..
    Thinking of you take care.. well done on the three classes..glad you are feeling a bit better. Good luck and fingers crossed about getting pregnant..

The hurricane has gone to a Cat 4 again watching closely at this end…

Have a lovely day today.. I think it’s cuppa time and hooray a fruit breakfast..

Jean x

Well I have had a lovely weekend but now it’s back to reality.

I am ready for my Monday fast, I know Lynne is joining me anyone else up for mass fast Monday?

Aud x

Morning all!
    Yesterday’s fast wasn’t too bad in the end; no hungrier than I am on non-fast days! Had a veg tagine for dinner which was yummy and filling, and made bircher muesli for breakfast this morning. And I’ve lost 3.5 lbs!
    Hope the fasters have a good day today.
    Symba- hope things are not as bad as expected, and thanks, my dog seems a bit better today.

Well done on your fast yesterday. I always find it easier to budy up. Glad the dog is a bit better, such a worry as they get older, my little Lucy is almost 13 now !

Have a nice non fast day we will pick up the flag for today

Well done on your weight loss too! 3.5lb good going ADF suits you.

Aud x

Morning! I’m so behind in reading everything. My weekends are usually full with the children and I’m much more relaxed during the week when working πŸ˜†. But last week work was very busy and I think it’ll stay the same for a few more days at least. The good thing is that fasting is easy when I’m focused on work. Last Thursday I did a liquid only FD and this week I’ll join Audrey and ILynn on a 4:3 fast.
    I lost 1kg (around 2 pounds) last week and my jeans are getting looser but I’ll wait until next week to buy new ones.

Have a great week everyone!

Geo

Morning everyone

Well done Geo and Hedgehogs on your losses this week.

Jean, hope things are calming down a bit and that there’s not too much damage been done to your daughter’s property.

Aud & Geo, good to have company on the fast today. Sunday lunch has seen a 1lb increase, but I’m sure that will soon be eliminated. Need to get drinking the water again today, slipped a bit over the weekend.

Anyone else going us for a mass fast today?

Lynne x

Morning everyone,

Audrey – oh I’m glad there’s a few of us trying together! Strength in numbers! Your roast sounds fab too…

Hedgehogs – glad you’re on board too ☺️ I’m sorry about your dog. So horrible to see them suffer

Kay – I belong to several event staff and promotion agencies, so I pick and choose jobs to fit around whatever I’ve got on. It’s great as it’s really flexible! I’m back doing another week of that after coming home on Sunday from two weeks on holiday in Spain. It was absolutely beautiful and I don’t really know what to make of this cold in London!
    I think my lowest was probably around March too, so I’m determined to get back there too. We can do it!

Lynne – sorry about your bad night’s sleep! Amazing loss though so well done on that. Great motivation to keep going.

Jean – that cake sounds incredible… and thoughts to your family.

Minols – thank you! It’s definitely been a great summer.

Rowena – sorry that you’re struggling at the moment. I hope you can the right things to help.

Geo – great news on your loss! It’s so good when you can go out and get new clothes and feel like you’ve earned them!

I’m joining the mass fast today! I’ve got a really busy day sorting out things before I go away again, so that should hopefully keep me distracted.

Good luck fasters! X

I’m fasting today too, though I appear to have developed a cold and feel like absolute death. Might be helpful in a way, since I don’t feel like eating much when I’m ill, I just want to curl up in a ball. Unfortunately I can’t do that though since I’m in work and have to move even though I barely have any energy to do so. I was going to go for a run this evening, but can’t see that happening. Ah well.

Hi all

Halfway through almost.. Stay strong fellow fasters

Aud x

HI All – quick note cos haven’t caught up today, but I know many of the ‘usual suspects’ will be fasting today and I wanted to encourage you mid-afternoon! You’ve got this. Just keep busy and know that tonight is the perfect night to have an early one!

Mx

Keep going fasters….half way through πŸ™‚

Im fasting tomorrow. Today Im back to the calorie counting πŸ˜€

Hope the dogs are better today and the people too πŸ™‚

Keep going fasters- not long til dinner time, and a day off for you all tomorrow!
    Kay- I’ll be with you tomorrow!

That’s me finished for the day…. hope everybody is ok

Shout if you start to wobble and need help good luck fellow fasters

Aud x

Today hasn’t been as easy, I kept seeing temptations everywhere, but I stayed strong!

Aud – enjoy your dinner! I’m trying aliquid only again, maybe not all 3 days but at least today.

Minols – did you fast today?

Endellion – It does feel great! I tried a couple of jeans yesterday, one size smaller than what I usually wear, and they were very fitting well. I figure if I wait one or two more weeks I can buy an even smaller size.

Jean – I hope you’re all well

Pseudonym – I hope you feel better, maybe an early night will get you back and you can run tomorrow.

Hi,
    Lovely to read everyone’s posts. Lots fasting today!
    Its my turn tomorrow.

Tonight I made a chilli type thing with brown rice. Was really nice actually. More wintry food is called for at the moment.

Am in my PJs – have been for over an hour actually!! Just gonna chill and watch TV tonight.

Anyone else with me tomorrow?

My first week in, with a whopping starting point of 80 pound to lose I am encouraged by the first weeks 6 pound loss. No noticeable difference in shape, as an obese male I know any genuine fat loss tends to be visceral fat first, and whether that is actually a loss of 6 pounds, well I doubt it.

I did 2 x 24 hour fasts (eating on hour 25 high protein high fat) and 1x 36 hour fast all fasting is 0 calorie

but I’ve been reading the warrior diet and for gut health the author recommends 3x vegetable juice during fasting hours, home blended carrot beet 2x celery sea salt and something else I’ve forgotten.

Don’t know how well I can keep up 36 hour fasts, that was hell.

Blimey c702 that’s hardcore! I don’t think I could do that!
    Well done on the loss.

Hit a tipping point in how much I hate being obese, that’s the motivation. Monday is day 1 fast of week 2, 22 hours in.

Can’t wait for that 1200 calorie meal, though weirdly as hungry as I am right now if it’s anything like last time I won’t finish 20-25% of it.

Blinking heck I do 3 fasts a week but stick to 500 kcal on each. I couldn’t do so many liquid only ones. Hats off to you c702

Aud

Good luck c702, and well done so far. Think I’d rather have nothing than just a veg juice though!
    Shera- I’m fasting tomorrow, so will be with you. I made a double helping of veg tagine so got that done ready for tomorrow; I’m finding it easier to fast all day and have one bigger meal rather than tiny ones!

Evening All…

What a weekend we have had…sickness bug started on Friday, then Saturday and Sunday with the three children ..

Monday.. SIL and me both sickness and loo.. it’s 5.30 and I have showered and dressed he is still in bed… I haven’t been so ill, I just don’t know how long….the only good thing I wanted a fd but not this way..I have vomited and loo together at least 20 times!

Sorry can’t catch you all my heads all weak and dizzy… well done on the fasters and losers … hi to the newbies..

Jean x

Hope you feel better soon, Jean. No the nicest of ways to lose weight!

Morning all

Didn’t manage a 500 day yesterday! Was hungry and caved in and ate! Am going yo try again tomorrow and hope things go smoother for me.

Hope my fellow fasters did better!

Jean hope you feel brighter soon 😡

Have a good day all fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Morning everyone!

Does anyone have trouble behaving with that they eat on weekends?

Morning All…

Feeling about 70% ok.. I have never felt so ill, in bed for 36 hours barring 2…Steve has now started…6 down and one to go!!!

Pseu…
    Always hard at the weekends, we have Friday off and a few treats…I think it helps then get back on track..

Audrey..
    You did well before on AFD.. keep going..

Missed a lot of people yesterday.. hope you are all going well..

Jean x

Afternoon everyone

Aud, I didn’t manage 500 cals yesterday either, went about 80 over.

Been really sneezy today which always makes me want to eat, so trying not to be too bad. Aiming for another 2 fasts this week so should all end up in the right place.

Jean, hope you’re feeling better and that Steve pick up soon. I know you’re with your daughter but when I’m not well I just want my own bathroom. At least you haven’t all been unwell at the same time.

C702 you’re doing really well. If a fast is really a struggle, not just a challenge, then think about shortening it or having say 500 calories. High protein/high fat is great for making you feel like you’re not depriving yourself.

So, another FD tomorrow with probably a liquid only planned for Friday.

Good luck to all the fasters today, and if, like me, you’re not fasting, I hope you manage to stay controlled.

Lynne x

Pseudo- weekends are really hard, yes! As I’m trying AFD, there’s no avoiding it! And we have 2 teenage boys, so there is always food being eaten… We tend to have pasta or something like that on a Friday, so I do courgette instead for me, and if we have a pizza at the weekend I make one for me with a tortilla wrap as the base, lots of veggies on it and low fat mozzarella, which is not a bad alternative. Sunday last week I had the veg tagine, which was a recipe I’d been meaning to try for a while, so that still felt special. I can’t drink alcohol any more, but when I first had to give it up (and still do) I started having schloer or something like that in a flute glass, so it still felt like I was drinking. There’s still quite a few calories in those, so I dilute it with sparkling mineral water a bit if I need to.
    I finding that I’d rather go without all day and have a better meal in the evening instead of 2 or 3 small ones. And I’m a bit of an all or nothing sort of person, so if I think of non fast days as a ‘day off’, then I’m likely to have too much. I’m writing everything down I eat and drink to keep tabs on it.
    Hope that bug is soon over, Jean!

Jean, hope you all get better soon. What a horrible thing to happen. πŸ™

Audrey, you didnt manage your FD yesterday :-O Tomorrow we will make sure you do! And Lynne, only 80 cals over, so thats not too bad!

Just back from work and nearly weakened myself! Thinking of something I could have which would satisfy me but not send me over the cals. I just had a splash of milk in my coffee and the moment has passed. Ive stocked up with lots of veg – I think the salad season is now gone now its feeling cooler.
    No liquid fasts for me this week, just today and Thursday at 380cals!

Hedgehogs, hows it going for you today?

Rowena, how are you feeling?

Im struggling a little with the change of seasons, this yukkie weather seems to start very early and lasts a long time. We dont even seem to have a properly cold spell these days. So I think thats why I feel a bit miserable at the moment.

C702, sounds like you are focused and on track! Well done with the loss, keep it up! You are brave going straight into zero cal fasts, people dont usually attempt those until further down the line, if ever.

Pseu, yes definitely struggle with the weekends. I was a bit better last weekend but didnt log everything which then gives me a licence to have a day or 2 off!
    But this is a way of life too, and I enjoy treats at the weekend, when neither of us have work, so I have to either put up with a slower weight loss or become stricter at least one out of the 2/3 days!

Back later. Keep going all x

Glad I’m not the only one! I’m really good all week with logging things, but then it’ll get to the weekend, and I’ll have plans for a meal out or something, and then I think ‘ah well, this day is screwed already so I might as well just eat what I want’ and before I know it it’s Monday again and I feel like a blimp.

Thanks, Kay; I did okay today- cooking dinner for everyone else took a lot of will power- I’m terrible for picking when I eat!

Sorry I’ve been missing .. been really ill the last few days πŸ™ I’ll be back tomorrow to catch up on posts. But probably won’t be fasting till Thursday.

Hope everyone’s ok. I’ve been thinking of you all.

xx

Hi everyone. Successful fast day. Salmon, veg and pesto followed by muller light. Am satisfied.
    Jean hope you better soon you poor thing. Sounds awful.
    Audrey you can go again tomorrow. Don’t worry.
    Pseudonym I am naughty on weekends! ! Trying to keep it to just weekends at the moment! Bits of naughtiness often slip into the week for me!!
    Kay I’m feeling ok thanks. Work still so mad and such long hours at the moment but I’m ok.
    Hi DF, hedgehogs, Lynn and anyone else I’ve missed. Hope you have a good evening x

Evening All..

Feeling much more normal now..Steve still in bed but calming down…

Looks like two FDs for us both πŸ˜€ I only had a small breakfast..still not wanting to eat anything.

No football with the boys for us tonight, looking after little one.

Lynne..
    We have our own en suite bathroom at the end of the house.. so away from everybody..so not too bad.. just not eating πŸ˜€

Hedgehog..
    That must be bad cooking for the family without picking.. you are doing well..,

Kay..
    My freezers are both empty, I will look forward to stocking up on wintery food.. sounds like the weathers changed now…

Pseu..
    I think we all struggle at a weekend.. I think being good all week lets the cat out the bag.. lol

DF..
    Hope you soon feel better..

Rowena..
    Take care don’t do too much.. a busy time September.

Audrey..
    Keep strong.. line drawn another day πŸ˜€

No news on the house in Florida after the hurricane…hoping no news is good news… people are only just returning…

Have a good evening all… home work starts now for three hours.. it’s a lot at 8 and 11 years old .. they started school at 7am!

Take my lovelies

Jean x

Morning all

Fast day for me today and a trip to the Drs!

It’s very wet n windy hope everybody is safe…

Jean glad you are recovering, not the right way to keep your weight down at all..

I too struggle with weekends or rather when Ian is off work, we encourage each other to be bad!

I am going to mum’s on Monday and that is always stressful but she isn’t very well so it’s my turn to go to give the others time off.

Good luck to day my fellow fasters.. back later once I am back from DR.

Aud x

Hope you have a good day Audrey. I have to confess I sneaked a taster of icecream last night as I’d bought a scrummy looking tub for my son…

Morning all,

Back at work today. Attempting a FD today, as I missed Monday. I wasn’t going to until Thursday, but what the heck, I can try πŸ™‚

Hope it all goes ok at the doctors Audrey.

Jean, hope your feeling better now! Sounds awful!

Well done yesterdays fasters, hope I have a good one today πŸ™‚

xxx

Back from the DR… my pain specialist wants me referred to the pain management team and physiotherapy department. My doctor is not happy all all that expensive treatment. Hehe.. he gave me my flu jab whilst I was there joy of joys my arm is killing now.. on a good note I did manage to walk there and back it’s 25 mins away so I must be getting better. The injection has worked a treat, my back only aches now if I try to carry, or twist or bend but it seems I can walk! So the treadmill is going up be dusted off!

Fast day going well so far, just got back in and not eaten anything I even walked past a bakery!

Back later good luck for today my fellow fasters

Aud x

Afternoon everyone

Jean, glad you’re feeling better, hope everyone in the house is soon fit and well.

DF, good luck today with the fast, hope work is busy enough to keep you from thinking about food.

Aud, great news about the walking, and you’ve reminded me I need to sort out our flu jabs, they seem to come around so quickly.

Hedgehogs, I struggle to avoid ‘goodies’ I’ve bought for everyone else sometimes and cooking dinner for the family on a FD is always a challenge if I’m attempting liquids only.

So, FD for me too today. Feeling a bit off colour, not sure if it’s a cold or an allergy playing up, but sneezed constantly yesterday and feeling like I’ve been run over by a bus today. Still managed to lose 0.5lb yesterday despite feeling like I did nothing but eat all day. Fajitas without the wraps for me and Bec tonight I think, but not sure what Phil will want so another day of multiple meal cooking.

Off to the dentist for a check up in a couple of hours, so fingers crossed it’ll all go well.

Hope everyone fasting is holding strong, well done Aud with the bakery avoidance, just an apple and a couple of cups of coffee for me so far.

Lynne x

Hi all

I am doing ok, just fruit for me too do far Lynne, good luck at the dentist…. I HATE them!

Back later

Aud x

How you holding up, guys?

Had a really good day today unlike the other day..

Now I am in danger time, evenings are the worst for me once I eat I can’t stop wish me luck and I hope my fellow fasters are doing great.

Aud x

Hi all.

Just got in – cooking tea. Well heating up the chilli I made on monday – made 2 lots to save time.
    I have the dentist tomorrow too! Also hate going. Hate the hygienist – like torture for me!!
    FD tomorrow for me.

πŸ™‚

Well I did have a cracking first week but one 24 hour fast this week and a very bad day with alcohol and bad food, I’m a carer for a terminally ill grandfather and while its always hard to say it looks like he is rapidly in the downward spiral. Hardly unexpected at 90 with 2 types of cancer and dementia.

I can completely sympathise with those who feel ill and want to eat. If you’ve got a cold I wouldn’t try and fast, save if for when you feel better, hope its OK to say that I know I’m supposed to encourage people to stay on track!

Anyone due the flu jab should make sure they get one, I forget where but they say this seasons flu season is going to be a really bad one.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,851 through 13,900 (of 35,395 total)

You must be logged in to reply.