Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,832 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 1 hour, 54 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,501 through 13,550 (of 35,317 total)

• Hemmy! So lovely to hear from you πŸ™‚ I did giggle at your comment to Rowena about any male company not being able to eat before 1 or after 6 lolol .. love the quote as ever .. I wonder where you find them πŸ™‚

Sounds like your doing great maintaining, that’s wonderful, its a brilliant way of life I think. Not long till I’m where I want to be, but I feel I could lose a bit more to feel 100% comfortable.

Take care Hemmy, and keep in touch xx

Afternoon All…

Busy couple of hours getting things together…about there now just fresh stuff out of the fridge tomorrow morning…away for 9 am

Re them coconut bites…told Steve out of bounds on a FD …he rather likes them…well we both do…..I feel as I am rather hoarding them, do I take them and share with our friends..😬😬😬..Of course I will..πŸ˜‚

Hemmy..
    Glad everything is rolling out for you, busy gardening and keeping Mr Pips on his toes..lovely you seem to be maintaining better than us…still we only go up a couple of pounds and back down again….I am really watching it….pulled back after the party buffet food.

That Aldi chocolate is good, Steve buys us a bar each every time we go…I hide it in the cupboard and he forgets about it….I don’t like to tell him we have 12 bars between us…πŸ˜‚..it will come in for a treat sometime!…thing is we are not eating it like we did….buying as habit..

DF and Minols..
    If you like a bounty bar they are a killer…it’s great for my daughter nobody in the family likes coconut…as I said to her you shouldn’t be having 6!…at least she is making them smaller now with the mould.

Our fasting day is going well, just fruit this morning…2 boiled eggs for tonight..easy……wine packed for the weekend….so another FD tomorrow while travelling …must remember my scales for friday weigh in..

Jean x

Miniols so sorry to hear about the difficult time you’ve had. Hugs.
    I’ve had slow day. Massive lie in then spent most of the day on laptop sorting insurances, recovery for car and doing my tax return. I rent out the little house I used to live in alone so have to pay tax. It’s such a horrible form to fill in. I get confused every year!!
    Tonight we have to go to the house of the people who had the house warming party that we didn’t go to. I really don’t want to! !! Haha. I’m rubbish at small talk.
    After body pump yesterday the only aches are in my arms so not too bad.

Hi Rowena – I’m with you on the tax front and afraid I use a computer package that I renew each year…that way I can file on-line and the deadline doesn’t hit until January. However, you’ve reminded me that I’d better press on and start gathering together details of work we’ve done and so on.
    Mx

Shera… I have an accountant that works from home…for Β£45 … he deals with my tax which includes my rental. Just give him any bills I have paid end of. Well worth it as couldn’t be doing with it For January payment … Xmas and all. He seems to save me a lot too.

We have had a good fast day…now another one tomorrow …who’s fasting with us?

Glad we don’t have tax returns they sound a bit of a nightmare…

Night night
    X

Well 3 glasses of red and it turns out I enjoyed this evening! Haha. I’m fasting tomorrow jean. Xx

Lol… Sym… it is a nightmare. Xx … Not comfortable here at the moment maybe back another time. Enjoy your holiday Xx

Jean, Rowena I’m fasting with you today πŸ™‚ I had some wine last night, as a Wednesday treat lol. I’m looking forward to the fast today, it feels like I’m giving my body a break. Tummy’s a bit off this morning actually, not feeling 100%

Enjoy the morning lovelies, back later xx

Morning All…

Drizzle here at the moment…

Just having 10 mins and a cuppa, before a shower and pack last few things…hoping to be away for 9 am but looking doubtful …

We are joining DF, Rowena today …anyone else fasting….Kay?

Looks like some wine went down well last night…nice….umm….nice

I have a merlot bottle for over the weekend and I found some pear cider in Lidl so two cans packed…must buy some beer for Steve. With having friends with us we need to take a bit more food nibbles with us…

Hemmy..
    Hope things calm down don’t forget we are to help or chat….πŸ’•

DF..
    Hope your tum settles and you feel better later..

Rowena..
    Your evening sounded just right..it sometimes hits the spot ….lol

Minols..
    Are you joining the mass fast today?

Audrey..
    Hope the weather improves, we are joining you at your side…….a good day today, then the showers and wind over the weekend..😩

Must dash…speak at other end will be using phone, so a bit difficult and then wifi and signal???

Have a good fast day girls..

Jean x

Sym… Lol.. All is fine with me. Xx

I don’t find this thread enjoyable at the moment.. keep giving it another go but not working. Not happy.

I would have just gone quietly but wanted to explain so you would know I wouldn’t be around. Enjoy your company very much… never mind .. maybe another time. Xxx

Hemmy please don’t go you are such an inspiration to me and others…

I have just got used to your sayings for the day again.. what will we do without you again? Please keep in touch and pop by occasionally? I wish you well in the future and want you to know I have enjoyed getting to know all about Kristy and me pips..

I am fasting today. The weather is beautiful here today so off for a long walk with Ian.. .

Back later

Aud x

Hemmy .. I wish you wouldn’t leave, but do understand. Just wanted to say thanks for all your support .. not just with 5.2 but with the anxiety stuff too. Its helped me so much. I’ll miss you, so please pop by occasionally!! xxx

Morning all – sorry, not joining the mass fast today…left it too late and have already tucked into breakfast. I have a catered lunch meeting, too, so probably would have been too tough a first day back.

But I do need to plan to have one…because it’s almost impossible (not completely) to have a FD by accident. Alright. Tomorrow I will have a FD. I will not eat until dinner, which will be a healthy, filling beef casserole (the meat’s in the fridge and must be cooked). So tomorrow morning I will weigh myself, and that will be my new starting mark. (Can you tell, I hit that full-stop with great emphasis and determination?)

BTW – Hemmy…I’m with the others. We love your wisdom, and will miss it greatly. But we also know that sometimes we have to step back a while. We’ll keep thinking and wondering, though, so never think you’re forgotten.

Mx

Morning. Oh dear I have a hangover!!!
    Glad its a fast day!!!

Drizzle here too. I need to pop to town to get a few things.
    Glad I did the tax form so that’s not hanging over me.

Got A Level results today. They’re good but my best girl who we expected to get an A got a B. Its the first year on the new specification so no one knew what the grade boundaries were. Looks like she missed it by one mark. Gutted. My colleague is in the same boat with Graphics.

Hemmy – sorry you aren’t enjoying the thread at the moment. I also enjoy reading your wise words. Take care (((hug))))

Back from long walk good day so far. Went to langefni market and bought some new trousers and a nice top . Off out for lunch tomorrow with friends it’s my last birthday celebration…

Back later

Aud x

Hi Audrey, I’ve just been for a walk too .. didn’t have long though, as its lunch-break at work, but it was lovely and warm, and it took my mind of lunch! Half way there. I’m doing ok so far .. we’re strong! Lunch sounds nice tomorrow, and on a Friday too πŸ™‚ xx

Rowena, good about the Results πŸ™‚ Sorry about the hangover though πŸ™ Have a lovely afternoon and feel better xx

Minols, you can totally do a FD tomorrow. I too forcefully placed that full stop LOLLL!!! We’re here to support πŸ™‚ xx

Jean, thinking of you .. hope your soon there safe and sound and all set up πŸ™‚ xx

Hi DF

we walked for about 45 mins which is a long walk for my back lol…

Lunch tomorrow is a carvery which we haven’t tried before but our friends have. It’s difficult with them as Jan is allergic to lots of different foods she carries a epi pen with her at all times so we always go where they can trust although after saying this once when we met them we had to leave all 4 meals and dash to hospital.. .apparently the fat they fried the chips in had been previously used for fish!!

Off out again now stay strong this afternoon we can do this it’s only one day…. tomorrow we can eat drink and be merry..

Aud x

Afternoon All..

Arrived safely and all set up… popping to Tesco then getting settled…. sharing this lovely sunshine Audrey…

Hemmy..
    Sorry you are not enjoying being back.. you are at goal and I think that makes you feel different to wanting to loose.. lots of people left and we need some new ones.. they come for the day and disappear.. pop by occasionally if you can just let us know you are about, or take a bit of a break.. πŸ’•πŸ’•

Audrey..
    Lovely long walk and enjoy your lunch tomorrow…

Rowena..
    Hope you soon feel better..shame about the results for pupal she must be disappointed ..

DF..
    The weather is glorious ..lovely for a lunch time walk..

Minols…
    A plan for tomorrow πŸ˜€

Jean x

Thanks Audrey, enjoy your afternoon! xx

I made it through till tea time. Fish and potatoes with peas and carrot for tea..

Hope everyone is staying strong. We can do this…

Aud x

Audrey..
    Staying strong here.. egg, bacon with tomato, one slice of bread…really lovely but you do enjoy when hungry ..lol

You would have laughed.. I only have small pans inside the caravan.. so brought my really large paella pan in from the BBQ worked a treat 4 rings on under it..Steve thought I was cooking for the site!

Only thing had to fry instead of grill 😬

All ok finished for the day, brought scales for weigh in tomorrow..

Jean x

Was walking to the toilet block with Ian saw a man with his wife in her wheelchair struggling to put their awning up. Stopped to help it’s blowing a gale here long story short awning now up but I now need a wheelchair too… have really hurt my back. Ian threatened to take me to hospital for pain killing injection let’s hope it doesn’t come to that…

Back tomorrow stay strong my fellow fasters

Aud x

Audrey..

Oh dear hope it settles down.. typical you help then hurt yourself.. take care and rest up ‘hugs’

Xx

Audrey, nice that you helped out, but not so good when its at the expense of your own body and pain πŸ™
    Well done on getting through the day, you too Jean πŸ™‚

DF and Rowena, hope your days have gone well too and Minols, good luck for tomorrow, just keep busy!!

I didnt manage a FD today….I didnt eat until 4pm, but I went shopping after work and whilst I was unpacking I had a cracker and a biscuit, which would have been ok, but it didnt stop there. I was feeling a bit fed up as Ellie has been very quiet and inanimated this afternoon, even a short walk didnt help, so I think she isnt 100%. She has eaten her tea etc so not overly worried, just wondering if its her back/legs rather than the cancer. She has had bouts of ‘something’ before which makes her seem stiff and lame for 24hrs or so. Hope she’s better tomorrow. Her skin has flared up at the moment too and she is losing lots of fur, poor thing.
    Anyway, back to me, cue the emotional eating. Ive snacked on cream crackers and ginger biscuits, but at least Ive not had dinner as well, and Ive just about resisted a cider!

Car to garage in the morning and Im giving blood in the afternoon, so cant fast but after todays rubbish, I will try and eat healthily at least.

I wonder why Hemmy doesnt feel comfortable here any more?? Maybe its just because she has successfully reached goal and maintaining whereas the rest of us are still bouncing around!

Have a good Friday all x

Kay..

Sorry to hear Ellie is not so good, hope it’s just an off day for her, too hot, or her aches…she is still eating so that’s a good sign.. ‘hugs’ it’s a worry.

Good luck on the car tomorrow..and blood.

We have had three problems today, first the sat nav plug got stuck in the door and damaged it, maybe done on service 😬Need it when with caravan it’s easier on travelling..
    Missed a turning and chipped the back of caravan on something and pulling the light/indicater unit off ..took three hours to mend..looking for light bulbs, screws etc.
    Then got my outside chairs out and a mouse/ rabbit has had a good munch on the corner, so I mended that.. thank goodness not in the van.

Hope tomorrow is better..moan over πŸ˜€

Jean x

Hi. Kay thinking of you. Andrey hope you’re ok. Back problems are just awful.

Well I am a shambles. The red wine hangover ruined plans yesterday and now today too. Ended up eating at lunchtime as felt so awful. It actually made me feel better temporarily. I was sensible with my choices but even so leg myself down. The headache continued all say. I drank loads of water to try to help and went for a lovely sunny walk. Didn’t help. Woken up today with same headache and feel really nauseous. Had to cancel gym classes as can’t go like this. What a mess! And the worst thing is its only me to blame! !!

So.. I’ve booked some classes for tomorrow instead. I’ll have nice long shower and get dressed and then I’ll go in studio. Going to Devon next Fri so will need to finish the canvasses for my brother. Looking forward to seeing the new nephew.

Pub later- diet coke or sparkling water for me. My mom’s sister and husband are coming for the day from Congleton to spend day with me dad. Then they will be at the pub later too. Not seen them for few months.
    Anyway hope you all have a good day and fasters don’t find it too challenging.

Sorry all Wi-Fi is rubbish really struggling today with signal.

I managed to sleep last night and had my heat pad on my back which has eased it considerably…

I am looking forward to today’s meal and a good catch up with old friends.

Jean hope today is a better day for you…

Shera just keep on drinking the water, hope you feel better soon..

Back later Wi-Fi permitting

Have a lovely day everybody fast or non fast and remember that together we are stronger

Aud x

Hi everyone,

Audrey, take care!! Glad you slept well and the heat pad helped *hugs*

Jean, hope your day is better today! What a nightmare yesterday!

Kay, I can understand the emotional eating while worrying about Ellie *big hugs to you*

Rowena, have a nice day, hope your feeling better soon!

Have a lovely weekend .. I’m actually having a weekend at home this week, so seeing my son tomorrow for a coffee when he finishes work, then the usual housework which has been left such a lot lately with my weekends away camping lol!

xx

Well done, yesterday’s fasters…hope you’re enjoying the day after the day before!

Sorry your day went south, Rowena, and Kay, I hope Ellie bounces back a little today.

Alright so far (!) on this first FD back. I have a new bottle of Bovril with me and some seaweed for lunch. I’m aiming to eat left over shepherd’s pie tonight – no idea the calorie count, but its kumara instead of potato on top, and full of veg so while I think it will be up around 400 or so, I’m hoping it will satisfy and finish off my day alright…ooh, first rumble of tummy. it’s going to take a while to get back into this after so many months off!

But, as you guys said yesterday to yourselves – it’s only a day!

Mx

Afternoon all..

A busy morning… raining very heavy last night sunny now pm..

Weigh in for us maintaining nicely maybe not after this weekend!!

Rowena..
    Hope you soon feel better… I don’t think we can binge like we did after healthy eating and weight loss.. it makes you think until the next time lol..

Audrey…
    Hope you sort the wifi and your back of course.. hoping it’s a bit easier today.

DF..
    Have a lovely weekend at home sometimes it’s just nice… and then the cleaning ☹️

Minols…
    All planned today good luck on your first fast back …

Kay..
    Thinking of you.. hope Ellie is more herself this morning πŸ’•πŸ’•

Jean x

Hi all

Back from lunch was a lovely carvery lots of different vegetables..

Kay hope Ellie is ok, minols stay strong you can eat tomorrow.. Jean think the rain is on its way back tonight 😭..

Off now very full will be back later hopefully

Aud x

Hi all…surviving reasonably well so far. Casserole is in the oven for the boy’s and i’M toying with making some carrot/lentil soup before I clean down the kitchen tonight. All good ‘non-nibbley’ food!

Mx

Evening All..

A lovely dinner rice with pork, paprika, onions and apple in a gravy with roti’s…I quite enjoy this one.. easy at the caravan one of my frozen dinners brought my rice maker with me.

Friends loved my coconut bites.. had a taste of my chai jam.. they want both recipes πŸ˜€

Going out this evening for a drink the four of us…something we don’t do enough..

Audrey..
    Glad you enjoyed the carvery always nice…

Minols…
    Keep strong make it a good first day..nearly over now..

Jean x

Back from Shinty and a walk (with a bit of running) along the coast with the dog…done eating for the day and settling down for the evening.

Phew – wasn’t too bad for a first go in ages!

Hope everything has wonderful plans for a relaxing weekend.

Mx

Hey minols

Glad your day went ok, I am really struggling with Wi-Fi will be back when I can…

Audrey x

We have had a lovely evening lovely catch up.. putting the world to right…a few merlots and tit bits.. that’s what life is all about…

Dressing up tomorrow in 40’s gear.. not as big as usual just hoping for no rain…

Minols…
    Well done on completing your first day… first of many…

Night night

Jean xx

Morning All..

A blustery day, chillier on the coast I should imagine .. not the best of days for dressing up..

A really good night last night feeling it this morning.. Rowena what did I say ..until the next time πŸ˜‚ .. just can’t do it now at all.. hope you are feeling better today, you have passed it to me!!

Jean x

Morning all

We have at the moment got Wi-Fi so here goes.

Off out for an Indian tonight with friends on site…. Will fast on Monday! Lolo..

Jean enjoy your forties day… hope the hangover clears soon.

Have a good weekend everyone I will be back soon

Audrey x

Audrey..
    Have a lovely Indian today..we will be fasting Monday..

Mine is a food hangover.. load of rubbish our friend likes picking, and we join him!!… I feel awful just had my fruit breakfast hope it makes me feel better..

Have a good day ..

Jean x

Morning. Oh dear Jean! Hope you feel better later today.
    Well my line is drawn. I have woken up with no headache thank goodness. Spin then body balance this morning. I am going to eat as clean as I can no more rubbish. No alcohol for a while either I don’t think. Or at least no excessive alcohol! Enjoy your day peeps xx

Evening All..

I feel much better took some tablets which I haven’t needed for 20 months while on 5.2!!

We had a good day very blustery then the sun came out in the afternoon.. really strong winds. We had a good sing song in the marquee and a good walk around.. a thoughtful lunch πŸ˜€ Lytham is a lovely town not what you would expect of a seaside town.

Going through to Blackpool tomorrow it’s ages since we have been..see how it goes.

I am really on your lines Rowena is it really worth it..

Hope you all are having a good weekend..

Jean x

Morning all.
    Well I’m pleased to say I did my 2 classes-first spin session in months, then body balance. Then I ate sensibly and we’ll within my TDEE and for a Saturday that is unusual for me. Felt really good too. I have no plans for today. I need to finish the paintings for my brother so ill do that.

I’m reading ‘The clever guts diet’ by Michael Mosley at the moment. Hoping it might impact positively on me.

Hope you’re all well and enjoy this Sunday. Hope we all get sun too xx

Morning All..

A lovely sunny morning not as windy..

Talking to our friends last night looks like they are going to start the 5.2.. one of them is putting a pound on a month and needs to loose a stone .. the other a little less. They like to graze so we will have to see.. set him up with MFP had a good laugh as they hit 2000 cals yesterday’s food each, they were amazed how it adds up. He should be on 1500 TDEE as only short, her even less.

Going to have a few hours on our own, a bit of shopping and into Blackpool meeting up later.

Rowena..
    Glad you seem to be back on track, having a lovely quiet weekend it’s nice sometimes not dashing about.
    Looking forward to fasting tomorrow but hoping to miss lunch out today..

Jean x

Morning all

Hope everybody is having a good weekend..

We are off out to the beach for the day, will be back later its a lovely day here today.

Fast day tomorrow for a lot of us I think.

Back later Wi-Fi permitting

Audrey x

Beautiful day here in Edinburgh, haven’t had breakfast yet, so decided to make this a FD and go for 3 again this week, today, Wed & Fri. Will have to resist having ice cream after a beach trip with the dogs!!!
    Hope the sun’s shining for everyone, happy Sunday🌞

Hi Audrey..
    Enjoy the beach sounds really lovely … we are at Fleetwood Free town… wasn’t shopping but got the elusive trainers for holiday for Steve.. also two tankini ‘s for me.. strange when not looking you find!!

Carol..
    Welcome come and join us..

Sat in the sun having a Costa its really nice here.. and I didn’t really want to shop..

Have a lovely day all.. returning home tomorrow…it’s been a nice break.

Jean x

We have been out for haddock and chips tonight, very small portions but very nice…not by choice..lol

We have had a lovely break and good catch up with our friends..on our way home tomorrow and fasting while travelling so join the mass.

Jean x

Morning everyone,

FD for me today .. can’t believe its Monday already!

Have a great day fasting or otherwise.

xx

Morning All..

Up and running this morning.. caravan cleaned inside and half packed ..on the road in about a hour or so..

Lovely break with lovely friends..

FD for us today .. we really need it πŸ˜€ but was worth it.

Anyone joining us and DF.. let’s make it a good one πŸ˜€

Back later

Jean x

Viewing 50 posts - 13,501 through 13,550 (of 35,317 total)

You must be logged in to reply.