Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 5 hours, 31 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,051 through 13,100 (of 35,381 total)

• I have just heard from ginette…. she says she may come back and rejoin our group.. .
    Told her you missed her Hemmy… she sends her love to you and everybody else who remembers her..

Audrey x

Hi All…
    We have come in at 550 cals a bit over but fine…finished now…DF how are you doing?…well done Audrey.

Hoping Ginette comes back and gets the support to get her back on track…

All very quiet on here, Kay on her way home after her break….Minols doing kids clubs so busy…Ellie at Wimbledon working….Sarah I hope you are returning to us…Mrs O looks like she has had a good boot camp today..

Jean x

Evening everyone

Jean, you must be a mind reader. Just on this minute after so long amd reading a few pages back. I have missed everyone and posting regularly but i just can’t seem to get my head around things that well. Going through the motions of life but always playing in the background are fears. I should be so happy because I have officially left work now but I am just worrying all the time. I want to post again but this seems so much like my old life when I felt more normal.

Anyway, today is my first fast since mid May. I will have put on a few pounds. Not much I don’t think and actually doing that has stopped the night sweats I was having which were causing me anxiety for various reasons. I will weigh sometime. My main aim is to stabilise but also continue fasting for the health benefits so think I will fast completely once a week and the other day do 24 hours so just eating a meal in the evening only vaguely calorie counted and see what happens with that.

Today has been not too difficult. Just had a mug of oxo but nothing aside from a couple of cups of tea.

Hemmy, your past few quotes seem so very relevant to me even though I haven’t been here.

Jean, daughters(!) I agree they sometimes love a drama and they certainly love us in it up to the neck.

Rowenna, lots and lots of people have babies well into their 40s. I know several people like that and they’ve been great mums too. Good luck with it.

Kay, hope Ellie is ok. We were in Kent over the weekend and saw a shar pei. Don’t think I’ve ever actually met one before. Thought of Ellie Bean.

Hope everyone else doing ok and enjoying the summer xxxx

Sarah

Lovely to see you back… ❤❤

Aud x

Evening everyone

Just a quick catch-up from me. I am reading all the posts, but I haven’t completed a fast in living memory.

I’ve put on about 3lb in the month Phil has been in hospital, and I’ll get back to it when things are back in an even keel. Phil’s likely to be in another week, then physio at home, so hopefully life can get back to normal in the near future.

Rebecca goes off to Sicily at the end if the week, and with Hannah still away and Phil enjoying the pleasures of UHW, I’ll be ‘home alone’ for the first time in 19 years. At least I’ll be able to watch what I want onTV.

Hope to catch up with everyone soon.

Lynne x

Sarah..
    Lovely to have you back..I must of sent vibes to you…your holiday looked great…keep posting things will get back to as normal as they can we are here to help…

I have just been told I have the start of cataracts it could be quick or slow….not a thing I look forward to to as I hate people touching eyes…all of a sudden my age feels as it’s catching up with me…

As the daughter..she isn’t talking to anyone so I am giving her space..just texted and told her I hope she’s feeling better and I am here when she wants to chat…younger daughter is upset about it, and my ex also got in the cross fire so he’s upset…Life is so strange…the stone gets thrown in the pond and it effects everyone…

Anyway that’s me moaning over …really pleased you are back…

Jean x

Lynne…
    Lovely to hear from you too…enjoy your time to yourself…Phils in the wars a month in hospital is a long time…for you too. Hope he soon gets back home…

Your 3 lb isn’t bad over the month it will soon come off…

Lovely Hannah is still enjoying herself and now Rebecca is off on her hols…it’s lovely when they can..

Keep popping by and take care of yourself..

Jean x

Am still here just inundated with work, show tennis. Just got back from tech rehearsal first night is Friday finish in 22nd. Will be performing matinees during men and kadues final didn’t think that through.

Am still fasting but may be awol until show us done last love to everyone ❤️

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Looks like a drop of rain here at last … all very dry but not complaining. Love the weather. Out in my piece of heaven from early till late. Lol.

Lovely to see lots of old friends around again. Xx

Enjoying 16-8 .. leave off in the evenings from Fri -Sun .. still only coffee till 1pm. . putting on 1-2 .. but it comes off just as easy within a few days.

Busy at the moment will pop in when I can.

Take care all… Brit lovelies…Today, give yourself the consideration and kindness you’d extend to the people you love. If you’re dissatisfied with your progress, remind yourself of all you’ve accomplished. If you made a mistake, cut yourself from slack. If you’re tired, take it easy. Xx

Hi everyone, I’m in London where everyone else seems to be young and thin! Just trying to lose a stone or so and started yesterday with the result that I gained half a pound and had a terrible night’s sleep! Despite this I do think I’ll get results if I persevere, but staying out of the kitchen isn’t an option for me as I cook for a living!

Buttonboots very interested in your comments about dyspraxia as my 18 year-old son is dyspraxic (and overweight) – I don’t know any dyspraxic adults and as my son is now embarking on adulthood I’d be really interested to hear about your coping mechanisms (health related and other…) Can you drive for example as he doesn’t believe he ever will?

Morning All..

A bit of rain over night more expected today….

Going to sort new glasses out today, found some but a bit smaller than I like…with my weight off my face the larger glasses look er large…lol

Then off to see visiting daughter…everybody still very upset with each other…but I seem to be out of the equation…I know how the elder gets up tight, (she rang me last night) so I went down the middle…the others said it as it is, they are right but she didn’t want to hear it…hubby and younger son are both bulling and controlling her really but she will see it one day…at least she is talking to me…bloody children I have had two nights of listening to arguments for three hours! Crying on all sides!…deep breath and relax…lol

Well I have had cheese on toast for breakfast, just 1 slice…I must of had my berries for 18 months then added my granola…a nice change….must really change about more….

Hemmy..
    Make the most of your weather and garden…maybe no watering today..😀..you are maintaining well, you have found the balance. Hoping Kirsty is still going strong I think it’s hard when working and out and about…as I have found this month.

We are hoping to have a FD tomorrow as busy Thursday and Friday.

Mrs O..
    Good luck with the show and we will have you back when it’s finished..you have been missed….a few people busy at the moment…

Jean x

Morning all

Very wet here today! I had a successful fast yesterday and feel much happier today… however my back is pretty bad again I am overdue for my cortisone injection and it’s not being done for another 2 months or so…😕…

Hairdresser for me for a much needed haircut…

Jean I do hope daughter is ok, poor you with the phone calls it’s funny Zoe always rings me when she is unhappy never her dad!!

Got to dash lots to do before tennis… back later

Oops nearly forgot… welcome to Sally… buttonboots I think is on another thread not the Brits one sorry..but you are welcome to join us lots of friendly chat and advice here..

Audrey x

Morning 🙂

Audrey, glad your fast went well. Take care of your back *hugs* Enjoy being pampered at the hairdressers, and then relax with the tennis later 🙂

Jean, hope everything works out with your daughter. Its such a worry *hug*

Hemmy, glad your doing so well, I love the quote today, just what I needed to read 🙂 Have a lovely day today xx

Welcome Sally 🙂 Hope to see you post here again, its a supportive group 🙂 Good luck with your day!

Lynne, Sarah, Mrs O .. so nice to see your posts 🙂

To everyone else, have a good day. NFD for me, yesterday was very successful, although I was so hungry come evening lol! I’d not eaten much on Sunday either, so I was so ready for some food!

Take care xx

Hi all
    Back home but just a flying visit as in work.
    Will catch up with all the posts later.
    Fasting today….much needed

Stepped on the scales this morning and jumped off. 10.9 😣😣😣😣😣😣
    How did that happen???
    Hopefully a couple of days if better eating wil bring it down a bit.

Laters x

Kay don’t worry about the gain I was over 3lbs up after my holiday but one fast and I am 1.5lb down!

DF thanks for the hugs much appreciated…

Aud x

Hi Sally…sorry our posts crossed…more than welcome to join us…a bit quiet on here as people busy, holidays etc but we will all settle down again…let’s get the stone off…

Audrey….enjoy your relax at hairdressers nice to do nothing….lol…and tennis too..

DF..NFD day for us…we to had a good one yesterday…hope the scales are kind to you…

Kay…lovely to have you home and back with us….work ☹️…soon be over…..I will be holding your hands with Audrey…I am up too…weigh in for me possibly Thursday this week, working around my visiting..

Hope work goes quick for you….

Thanks for all the ‘hugs’…I have told everybody draw a line and not talk about it…have a few days before they all talk again…everybody has different opinions and that’s life….

Have a good day Brits …

Jean x

Hi all

I have had a good day food wise but my back is really bad 😭..

It’s really quiet on here hope everyone is ok… shout if you are struggling…

Back later

Audrey xx

Hi girls thank you for the welcome back. I always felt so at home here when posting. Yesterday’s fast felt so empowering and made me feel good. It wasn’t hard, not like it was in the beginning, amd made me feel I was doing something really productive.

Jean, hoping things resolve with your daughter soon. These things do have a way of sorting out in time. But I know it is hell while it is happening.

Aud, hope your back stops giving you hell.

Lynne, things sound very tough. I hope you have plenty of support.

Kay, the good thing about this WOL is that it encompasses days off while away. You will give those few pounds their marching orders soon.

Welcome Sally, this really works if you let it and posting helps too.

Love to all xx

Evening All…

I got my glasses ordered this morning …..then had a lovely afternoon and evening with Katie and children, a rainy day but had a good chatty day…children were very good…

Foodwise very bad, fish and chips, chocolate and wine…oh dear…it’s so hard when people are about.

FD for us tomorrow…may have just a coffee to start the morning…must make an effort…

Audrey…
    Hoping your back improves a couple of months for your injection seems a long time….rest up and watch the tennis…lol…a good excuse…you need a bell for Ian…lol

Sarah..
    Lovely to have you back…

Jean x

Hi. Sorry for absence. Very busy few days. Was art exhibition this evening. Very very long day at work but lovely exhibition. Spent all day yesterday putting it up. Gcse and a level. So many wonderful comments from parents. Lovely to see those that have left come to celebrate. A girl who just left y13 who was in my form from y7 to y 11 gave me a gift and letter. My goodness I nearly cried when I read it. It makes all the cr@p we deal with worthwhile. Makes me realise why I am there. Never feel appreciated by my boss or leadership but the cards and letters I’ve had over the years remind me I’m appreciated by some. Fasted all day. Was easy as so busy. Tomorrow will be a killer as I’m so tired!!!

Morning all

I am fasting today hopefully….

MY back is pretty bad and I am turning to my old comfort food again… I spent yesterday afternoon and evening in a nest on my sofa with a heated blanket over me to keep back warm and I will probably be in same position today, the cleaning can wait for a day..

Hope everyone is ok Shera sounds like you had a good day yesterday, and Mrs O so busy. Sarah glad you are back you have been missed, Kay how did yesterday’s fast go? Hemmy love your posts, where do you get your thoughts for the day from…jean me and you fasting today, anyone else joining us?

Sorry if I missed anyone, back later have a great day everyone.

Audrey xx

Morning 🙂

I’ll join the fast today I think. Tomorrow is my day really, but I feel I could fit another in and hopefully see results because of it!

Audrey, you poor thing, keep warm and take care of yourself .. back pain is really horrible, hope it starts to feel better soon xx

Jean, its so much harder with food when you have guests, although I bet the fish and chips was delicious! Good luck today, I’m fasting with you 🙂

Rowena, sounds like you had a good day yesterday. It must be so rewarding when you get lovely comments/gifts from parents/children 🙂

Have a lovely day everyone, nice and sunny here, hope it is for you xx

Good morning F B Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A cloudy start but still warm here. Maybe get some stuff done indoors today. Need to do a bit of furniture waxing. Lol.

Aud .. sorry your having pain with the back again. That does seem a while to wait for an injection for relief.

Rest up in your nest with Wimbledon. How brilliant to see our guys doing so well. Xx

Sym… it must be hard trying to stay neutral when you must have your own thoughts. Always best though as things and people can change quickly.

Things said can be harboured for years to come. Least said soonest mended… a very wise old saying. In the end peeps end up doing what they want to do anyway regardless… I suppose that is how it should be.
    Trouble is we usually get left to pick up the pieces. Lol. have a good day.Xx

Sarah … lovely to see you back .. I love and have missed your posts. Xx When things are hard and uncertain there seems a big black cloud .. with time though it lifts and we find our way out of it.

Lovely that your time now is your own to do as you will. The fasting is helpful it gives a feeling of control back into ur life.

Take care and keep with us Sarah. Xx

Kay… you will soon get back to your happy weight. You know you can do it when needed. That’s the brilliant thing about this way of life.

Hope Ellie is doing ok in this weather … hot for them. Have a good day. Xx

Df sounds like you are doing well with your FDs … are you doing an eating window as well ?

Enjoy your day. Xx

Shera …You sound busy busy. It must be very rewarding to be appreciated by your pupils. Also hard when they leave I expect. ( Well some I suppose not so much. ) Lol. Have a good peaceful day. Xx

Mrs O .. what are you up to my lovely. You are always so energetic and fun.

Wonder if its them there Gins that do it. Lolol. Enjoy your day and I am sure you will. Xx

Lynne.. a lot of things going on with your family. Hope all starts to go more smoothly for you very soon.

It will be strange being alone for you. .. Try to really make it some your time. Do things for yourself for a change .. things to give you pleasure. Xx

Take care all … Brit lovelies..

There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative Xx

Morning all

Well yesterday I managed a 6hr eating window but not quite a fast, probably more like 700 cals so I’m going for it again today.
    2.5lbs down this morning so hopefully another couple of low days will get me back to where I was!

Sarah, great to have you back 🙂

Aud, have you really got to wait 2 months for your next injection? Have you tried a TENS machine?

Jean, hope things are calmer and you enjoy the rest of the family visit.

Mrs O, you sound busier than a busy thing!!

Welcome Sally 🙂

Nice to see others popping back in too. I know that it’s busy for people so good to know you are still with us.

Right, time for work….

Have a good day all x

Hi Kay

I have a tens machine and a pain gone pen and pain relieving gel but nothing is working but thanks for suggestion… had a hot bath yesterday and that eased it a little for a while…

Hemmy I am like a little bird… safely tucked up in my nest hehe Lolo 😁

It’s really strange the injection seems to turn the pain off so when it wears off it takes a while to get used to the pain again but I will get there…

Thanks for caring it is appreciated..❤

Aud x

Hi Brits…

A lovely morning here…hope it’s for the day…

We are fasting today with DF and Audrey….off into Doncaster to the bank and maybe a coffee…grass cut later and maybe a clean inside….

Rowena…
    You must be so pleased the exhibition went well and with all the feed back from parents and children….it does make the job worth while….soon another batch will be arriving in….

Audrey..
    Poor you…you do have such trouble, rest up and snuggle down hope it eases soon…

DF…
    You are doing well with three fast this week…thanks we did have a lovely day yesterday we have to make the most of them while they are here…

Hemmy…
    Have a good day waxing, you do keep yourself busy…everybody are in their own corners and as you say I am staying neutral ….things got really out of hand and I believe there is more to it than we all know…my ex was crying due to grandson 16 years, with no apology at all, he is so hurt…I have had my differences with him but it’s a bit sad…

Kay…
    Glad you are back on board…looks like it’s going well…I may try the scales tomorrow..😬

Must dash…running late…speak later..

Jean x

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I only joined yesterday after finding myself trying to deal with a 3 stone overload. Monday and Tuesday were my fast days, which i seem to have completed ok. Today is a ‘normal’ day. I lost 3 stone a few years ago, and put it back on …. I used my fitness pal for this, so I still use this to control my calories. My question is, when is the best time to weigh yourself ? After your 2 fast days ? Or just at a weekend/weekly ? My TDEE worked out at 1800 odd calories, but my fitness pal gives me 1200. Am I better to stick to the 1200 ?

Many thanks, I am near Brighton by the way so very much in the UK.

Gemma xx

Hi Gemma and welcome 🙂 Lots of support here!

People weigh at different times, some daily, some weekly. I have my official weigh in on a Friday morning, after my two fast days are done and dusted. I do sneakily weigh in between, but take the official number on the Friday 🙂 Also, take notice of inches lost as well .. sometimes the scales don’t move but our bodies change all the time as we progress.

Look forward to reading your updates, it helps to come on here when your having a tougher day than usual, this really does work!!

Good luck x

Hi Hemmy, hope your enjoying your day 🙂 I haven’t actually done the window for eating thing, I know a lot do though. Its difficult because on the days we have my partner’s son, we don’t get to eat until quite late those nights, so it wouldn’t be consistent for me really.

Hugs to you Hemmy x

Hi gemma and welcome to our little group..

I use MFP and tend to go off the TDEE on there.. .mine works out at 1200 instead of 1800 ish.. I too weigh in officially once a week or actually every 8 days as this fits in with husbands work pattern but I do hop on and off the scales in between.. usually at the end of a fast day and the morning after… it gives me the push to carry on fasting.. .

Hope this helps keep on posting we are a friendly group..

Audrey x

Hi Gemma..

Welcome to our little group..we are all friendly and help one another..

We (hubby) usually do Monday and Thursday with weigh in Friday morning..

It is fasting and feasting.. so go up to 1400/1500 cals on a non fast day, keep off the naughties too much..

We have Fridays off and eat extra have what we want, our wine day so maybe a couple of glasses, chocolate if we must maybe a cake out, fish and chips but it’s one day!

I would split the days, your fasting window is greater.. see what suits you.. as we as a group have been doing it a while, we are now tweaking it to suit ourselves… at the beginning just get into the two day fasting mode..

As DF says keep popping by every day it does really help, get to know us ask any questions if you want..

Good luck.. you could have 3 stone gone by xmas 😀

Jean x

Hi Brits…

Audrey..DF…how are you doing?….we are ok at the moment kept busy doing jobs…

Going into Doncaster this morning to the bank stopped for coffee….oh dear my favourite coffee shop has opened…Patisserie de Valerie….I used to stop in Dubai airport every time I passed through coming home as a treat…the cakes are out of this world…a bit expensive £4.30 each but as a treat….

We were very strong, a tea and coffee…😀…or is it a 😩…another day…..

Hope you are feeling a bit better Audrey…enjoy the tennis…

I can’t cope with the window with Steve..DF…he likes us to eat together…we possibly do the window in 8 hours but have three meals…

How you doing Hemmy all the waxing finished maybe ventured outside, it’s quite lovely here…but I am inside…

Glad the weights moving downward Kay…2 1/2 lbs off not bad hope official weigh in is back to normal..

Nearly finished school Rowena…then a break 7 days or so to go…are you going away anywhere or a push for the kitchen..

How are you doing this week Sarah? Back on track and with us…hope you are doing some lovely things and doing what you want too..

Hoping Phil is nearly home Lynne..and you have enjoyed having some of you time…the girls will soon be back….yours coming back and my Katie going back to the States…

Boot camp and a play..always busy Mrs O…hope all goes well…enjoy the tennis…

Are you coming back to us Ellie when the tennis finishes…good luck on the search for the new job…

Are you calming and slowing down Minols after the busy children’s club…packing for your water trip away…..enjoy…

Keep with us Sally newbies tend to fall by the way side..keep posting and focussed…

Sorry if I have missed anyone…All at the top of my head….lol

Jean x

Hi Jean I am doing ok.

Vicky called in this morning, was quite upsetting they have had to have their dog put to sleep, bless him he was very old, but they had him before the girls so in many ways was like their 1st child…we had a good cry together!

However, I have had a good day calorie wise have just had a salad haven’t eaten anything else so a really good day today (unlike yesterday).😁..

DF how are you going on?

Will be back tomorrow watching tennis, so long Andy! Try again next year…🏸🏸..

Aud x

Hi Girls

Turned out to be another lovely summers day. Garden pretty with last nights rain Hollyhocks and buddleia both all white together. Something really calming about white flowers. Lol.

Sym.. waxing of pine in the bedrooms done. Also lounge carpet cleaned… and some old bricks outside my back door all painted… watered paint not to be obvious as they are old blues. So been busy . Just having my first icy Cider. Mmmm. ( A few more yet this evening) Lol .

Kristy only lost 2lbs of the 2 stone she has put on since going to London. Sounds like new guy likes his food too. Such a shame … never mind she has got in touch with that trainer she lost the weight with to do a programme for her. Trouble is was having Fish and chips last night when we spoke. I have still not met this guy. … I still love the last 2. Lolol.

Its a pity you and DF cant do the window it definitely helps I reckon. Is it all quiet today. Xx

Aud … Such a shame about your daughters dog . It is so very heart breaking.

Poor Andy off for another year I see. Well done with your FD so far. Xx

DF we all have to fit it what suits our way of life .. that’s the beauty of it all. You sound like you are going great guns any way. Thank you … I am having a good day … on a role.Lolol with cleaning. It tends to get a bit of a back seat with the garden in full flow. Xx

Sally and Gem… Welcome. Xx

Evening all and welcome Gemma (I live near Brighton too!)

I decided to bite the bullet and weigh this morning. Thought I had put in a few pounds but actually not. Was .5 of a pound down from the last time I weighed at the end of May. A bit astonished, thought I had been eating quite a bit and not fasting but obv things have not been great and maybe that has stopped me putting on. Wouldn’t recommend it as a strategy but must admit to feeling good about it. I am 2lbs from goal but actually just content to maintain at the moment.

Audrey, sorry to hear about daughter’s dog. So awful. My sister worried about her aging retriever. Says I will see a big difference in her. Those of us with dogs really understand the enormity of it all.

Hemmy, totally understand the partner issue. Only just used (ish) to son’s new girlfriemd after more than a year. 4th long term relationship – sigh – You sound like you have had a very busy and productive day. I have just done bits and pieces. Need to find a few hobbies and more social networks for the newly retired. Feel slightly out of psynch with all that sort of stuff.

Jean, I too love a Pat Val. Such gorgeous things like quiches etc too. Hope things settle down on the children/grandchildren front. Sounds quite upsetting and also as shame while you daughter is over from the States. Was just wondering if that had any impact on what is happening but it is sad for this not to be a happy family time. Families though eh. It is onoy when you start talking to other people that you realise your own are quite usual, unfortunately!

Have a good evening everyone xx

Hi all

I have got a new toy today a halogen oven… my mum sent me some money for my birthday next month so I have treated myself to one and also a window vac which is due tomorrow. Now all I have to do is get better so I can use them hehe lol I am busy reading up on recipes any ideas gratefully received.

I am feeling very smug another successful fast done and my quick hop on the scales just now looks really good…

Hope my fellow fasters are also doing well. I am going to bed soon I CAN EAT TOMORROW…😉

night all

Audrey x

Sarah…
    That’s really good news the weight front…at least you have been maintaining…you must buy a kampa it will keep you busy…lol…family tree for the winter months…once you feel more yourself and can get your head round it…..you can think what’s your sort of thing…what do you fancy doing..?

It’s the daughter who lives here..her hubby and son both very controlling and really both bullies…the argument has been brewing for about 5 months..but she doesn’t see it….they go to his side of the family but avoided her dad for at least three years, and now he has started on us…see them very occasionally…just annoying as he lets you do things and help then turns his back…I feel that we are being used. I am having their dog for a week in August so they have to keep talking…lol..her dads 70 th birthday celebrations have been cancelled for next week due to the argument…..shall we say it’s very cool all around….it’s quite sad really……I feel like going to live on a remote island anywhere….

Hemmy…
    Enjoy your large bottle of cider it sounds very nice…not today for me…hope you see the boyfriend soon…see what he like.

Lot of jobs completed quite a busy day for you…it always makes you feel good..you will be looking forward to Kirsty coming to see you this weekend..Mum also..

Weigh in tomorrow for us…..then collecting Katie and family bringing them back here for a couple of days….lots of food and wine again..roast beef dinner, Yorkshires etc one of her favourites….strawberry picking with the children, hoping they don’t eat too many…will be busy but nice…

Audrey…
    Some new toys to play with..daughter has the halgogen oven she has had two used a lot…hope you are feeling a bit better..

Sad about Vicky’s dog it’s very upsetting as they get old…sad household tonight…💕

Jean x

Morning all

Audrey, Jean .. my FD went ok all through the day, but because my other half didn’t know I’d thrown in an impromptu FD had made pizza for dinner. Ahh, it was lovely, but probably took me over my cals! Not too worried, as today is my proper FD, and other half knows about it lol.

Its nice and sunny here, hope it stays. It makes me feel better when the weathers nice.

Hope your backs feeling better Audrey, take care!!

Have a lovely day everyone …

Good luck to the fasters!

Morning all

MY 2 fasts have worked wonders just need to behave myself today… weigh in tomorrow morning for me n Ian it’s his first night off tonight…

MY back is still sore, we are going to see mum on Sunday for the day, it’s the 1st time I have seen her since we had words… fingers crossed it goes ok, but Ian will be there to mediate if we need it..

Have a good day everybody and DF enjoy your fast day I couldn’t have resisted pizza either! 😄… you should be dropping loads of weight with all these fasts!

Together we are stronger

Audrey xx

Morning All…

An ok day hope the sun comes out later…

We have weighed and the same, a day early….we are still 2 lbs up from the start of the month…so not too bad…our visitors are arriving for a couple of days ..food and wine..lol…..so we will try and throw a fast at the weekend or definitely some lower thoughtful days…

Audrey…
    Glad to know it not just us…hope it goes well with Mum..families can be a whirlwind at times…good luck on your weigh in tomorrow…rest up with that back…especially at Mums !

DF..
    Hope you complete your FD ..pizza is always lovely…you would be lower than normal anyway……looking for my chai jam this morning Steve put it in the cupboard!! Gone off as it was close to end of life…..should of been in the fridge.

Hopefully off strawberry picking, one of the boys love strawberries he has wanted to go the last two years but was still out of season…so we have to this year…😀

Have a lovely day all…good luck to today’s fasters..

Jean x

Audrey, I’m really hoping the scales are kind to us both tomorrow 🙂

Jean, strawberry picking sounds lovely 🙂 Enjoy!

Quiet here today, hope all ok

Half way through FD, I can do this!

x

DF you CAN… do it… just one day then you can eat… I am still in fast mode from yesterday, not hungry today at all! I have been too busy playing with my new window vacuum… I must eat though we are fasting tomorrow and I CAN’T do 3 in a row Lolo 😉..

Stick with it shout if you need me. Dashing off tennis just starting………… ⛹️‍♀️⛹️‍♂️🎾

Back later

Aud x

Thanks so much Audrey 🙂

Enjoy the tennis!!

xx

Good evening FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Have had a lazy day reading……

Hemmingway by Naomi Wood. He … Ernest really was a boy. Lol. Anyone else read it?

Shopping and picking Mum up tomorrow as we are within the Silverstone run. So will be busy on Saturday. Helicopters and manic roads. Everyone within a 50 mile radius keeps of the road. Lol.

How is everyone doing … Aud …are you still being a good un. lol…. and you DF… put that pizza down now… you had one yesterday Lol.

Aud ..what is the new window vacuum .. ? Need something tall to clean my upstairs windows… Guy charges £25 a time. Shame about the tennis for the Brits. Xx

Sym.. hope your strawberry picking went well. Yes families are strange. Doubt I will ever speak to my brother again… feel better for it too. Xx

Sarah… that is so good keeping your weight down. Sometimes when there is stress we tend to just eat anything and everything.
    I am sure I will have to meet the guy soon. Lol… Its funny though as I am usually pushed into things with Kristy ( successfully ) lol but she hasn’t pushed on this one. So not sure if she is sure. Lol. You will soon find your way with retirement … Its so true the saying ” you wont know how you had time for work) Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok … xx

Brit lovelies… Do what you like, be what you want to be, live your life in the way you like. Because day by day, life goes on and on with you or without you because everyday is just another day, so live it while you can because no one lives forever Xx

Evening everyone

Did not do second semi fast today but going to do 24 hours now and eat tomorrow evening only. I will get my act together and start thinking of things to do. The summer is quite busy to start anything. We are away a bit and have the last two weeks in August away with daughter and family. Then the baby arrives in mid September so we will have plenty to do. Plus we have booked a cruise from Montreal to NY in October. We won’t be able to continue like this and will have to find more cost effective ways of being away more….

DF hope you made it through ok. Tomorrow you can eat!

Hemmy not read that but looking for things to read so may give it a go. I like the odd biography though really I am a fiction girl.

Aud bad news on the tennis front, hope back is improving.

Jean, that is a real shame that a 70th birthday is being disrupted. It only happens once after all. I take it this is the SIL whose house mived you helped with. I remember you getting a gate sorted out etc. Charming isn’t it. A bit annoying to be taken for granted like that. Families. Ho hum!

Xxx

Ps love your quote today Hemmy.

Hi all…

We have had a lovely day strawberry picking…plus a cream tea on site…we must have 8 lbs of strawberries between us…Katie said she will leave them for me….lol…lol..she can take them with her, I will have one punnet…

Zack has waited three years to pick always the wrong time…hit it right and he picked them very carefully really large ones..the lovely bright red right through…

A lovely meal, a bottle of wine, sat in the garden later to finish…really nice.

Audrey and DF..Hope the weigh ins go well tomorrow…Hemmy ..have a lovely weekend with Kirsty and mum…

Sarah..
    Yes the same SIL and gate..lol…….families….you will settle into a mode, just enjoy……lots of exciting things ahead you are doing….

Feeling stuffed but nice..

Jean x

Hemmy it’s a karcher window vac but is hand-held so no good for upstairs unless you can reach by leaning out… some have poles but again u can’t get upstairs from the ground.. .sorry!! I had Ian leaning out of our bedroom window this afternoon hehe with me holding on to him!! The Windows are lovely and clean now though hehe Lolo 😂..

Off to bed now. Weigh in tomorrow..

Audrey x

Its Friday!!!

Can you believe I’m the same weight as I was last Friday! So, so frustrating, but never mind .. its not a gain so I’m ok with it. Dress down day today at work, and the jeans that were once oh so tight are now oh so baggy, and on the too big side. Maybe its inches that I’m losing rather than numbers going down. Its all good 🙂

Bit of a dismal start here, what’s everyone up to today?

Back later xx

Hi. Challenging day yesterday. Broke down on way to work. Got car home. Then bike wouldn’t start. Got craig up and he managed to jump start it. Nice teaching day then got told my 6th form room was going to be the behaviour unit in sept. That studio is like my second home. Then when I just wanted to get hone and wallow in self pity my bike wouldn’t start.

Last teaching day today. Going to bowie photography exhibition in Nottingham tonight. Facebook friends will see the photos I’m sure! Activities week next week. And no doubt I’ll be expecting clear the 6th form room.

FD yesterday but looks like I’m 2lb up.

Viewing 50 posts - 13,051 through 13,100 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.