Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,903 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Nanafixit 12 hours, 43 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,351 through 12,400 (of 35,389 total)

• Hi girls..
    Having a lazy day.. F1 on inside and I am outside reading… a couple of glasses of merlot down and my second handful of almonds… we are 7 days down and just cracked my first bottle of wine so been really good… I seem to be working through it…πŸ˜‚

Ellie…
    It was strange the clay pigeon as it was laser but a proper rifle..I got myself in it tiz with it so only managed half what I should of shot.. and though sod it never realising I was doing good ..lol

Your sandwich I just don’t know 😩.. you sound as if you are having fun..watch the head. Lol

Jean x

Yes FD on bank holiday because unlike Jo R I are ALL the food and drank ALL the drinks on holiday and I have a wedding next sat with no idea as what what I am going to wear.

Ellie hope the hangover is better loving your work with the gin.

Well have nit eaten yet even though when. I was working this morning I was really hungry and seriously considered turning this into a NFD. Spent another afternoon sorting allotment out its looking much better but we need to get back down tomo.

If I had not announced in here this morning I was doing an FD I would def have given in thanks so much for your support.
    Mr O still hasn’t noticed that I am doing 5:2 or 4:3 some weeks hmmmm what does that say about him….

Evening all

Had a nice day at wakehurst place then Hove beach, finished up at local pub sitting in garden until 8. Going down ‘fake it til you make it’ route. Still having a few panics but under control and calm. It will take a while to come down from the adrenline fuelled low and really dreading the next Moorfield appointment. So very much hoping it will be monitoring not meds yet. The consultant suggested that might be the case. Anyway life is transformed for the better from this time last week. Am eating a bit much I think though and 2 large glasses of wine tonight. Really important I don’t put weight back on now.

Hemmy, Minols, I wish I liked bananas but I really don’t and the idea of a cooked banana or banana cake fills me with horror. Minols that weight gain certain to be artificial and soon disposed of.

Ellie, enjoy your well earned time off and watch the headaches. I am with you on peanut butter and jam, not sure square of dark choc combo.

Jo, amazing to maintain weight in holiday. Almost certain i have never done that.

Jean, shame about volume level of concert and hope the rain came to nothing. We had a few drops earlier but a lovely afternoon and eveing after.

Kay hope Ellie holding her own.

Have a bank holiday everyone. Xx

Just back from a meal out … arrived at 6.30pm took 1 1/2 hours to arrive, steak tough sent back waited till 9 pm Steve passed his best food arrived and he walked out…tough again couldn’t put a knife through it!

Sat here with a glass of milk and chocolate!!

Talk about a disappointed meal.. Hemmy knows what I mean…might as well cooked something my self…

Never mind

Xx

Sarah..
    We had a cloudy morning and the sun came out.. no rain up to now…

You had a better evening than us..keep your chin up you will be fine πŸ˜€ Keep positive πŸ˜€

Jean x

Jean, yes and good for Steve taking a stand!!

Hello all, been a bit MIA for a week or two. Brent a pretty crazy, sometimes rather stressful time. Had one week where I tried and failed to fast twice (though at least those days ended up just below TDEE thanks to the attempts at fasting). Failure was not so much due to hunger, but more like I had so much on my plate I didn’t want to add more by trying to fast.. But then I got my shizz together and had a good week last week, dropping 2lbs to 129lbs. So that is my weigh-in as of Friday morning (though goodness knows what havoc this bank hols will bring!)

I will take time to read through and catch up with everything, but i just wanted to say hi and log my weight in the meantime! Xx

Morning all!
    Not sure whether to do a FD or not today. I can’t do my usual Thursday as I’m going out for lunch and cocktails with a friend.
    Does my TDEE seem high to you at over 2100 cals?

Morning all

Sorry been AWOL… fast day for me or at least an 800 day, have eaten too much these past few days..

Shera, I use my fitness pal to give me an idea of how much you eat on my non fast days it is think I should be on 1900 kcals on my TDEE I never got over 1400…

Hope this helps, sorry really busy here, must dash…

Back when I can

Audrey xx

Thanks Audrey

Morning All..

A rainy night for us but really expected it after this heat.. a dull day for us..

We are having a lazy day here walking to the Arena later to see what’s happening, lots of crafts and having a go if wanted marquee.. other things too..

Clothes are feeling rather snug for both of us… we are fasting tomorrow as our friends are leaving then on again on Thursday.

Rowena..
    My tdee is 1750 so I try and go to 1500.. I have been keeping lower at 1200 a day but at the moment want to go high then low fasting hoping to kick start us.
    Steve his is tdee 2100 so I do his max at 1900 hopefully.

I use MyFitnessPal too..

Hope that helps..

Jean x

hello, sarah,
    it looks like you are in same part of the country as me, I am not far from wakehurst
    such a lovely place to visit

and don’t worry about whatever you talk about – believe me I have plenty of mh issues of my own

so
    tomorrow will be 2 weeks
    not lost much this week I think, as last week was lots of water, and I don’t go out much so my activity levels are very low
    still guzzling water to prevent food being eaten

Hi All – FD today and already hitting the seaweed! Confess I never pay any attention to my TDEE on a nfd AS I’ve thoroughly but into the philosophy that feasting is as important as fasting! I guess you pays your money and takes your choice on nutritional theory, and this one fits my love of food! Of course, the proof of the pudding is in the eating (who many more clichΓ©s can I shoe-horn in?), and my record is not great right now following a prolonged period of feasting. Now I’m back into the swing of things, I’m hoping to not be excessive on NFD days, but more to try avoiding sugar highs than actually doing the detail of TDEE. I’m even contemplating AFDs this week to shock my system back into things…but we’ll see how today goes. I thinki I need to get a really good FD under my belt before I get over-ambitious!

Anyway, good luck to any fellow fasters.

Mx

Thanks for advice. I’m just keen to see some losses!
    Just been to spin. Loved it. Still font know if I’m fasting or not. I’ve come home to a house filled with dust. The kitchen door is almost shut so goodness knows what’s happening in there! ! Off for a nice long shower.

Hi FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xxxx

Very humid here today… looks stormy. Hopefully I can get my VERY LAST plants in. Lolol OMG I must stop buying them.

Oh Sym… I know just how disappointing a bad meal out can be There are very few places that seem to present a good tasty reasonably priced meal these days.

Today we have a M&S dine in… Salmon steaks .. a nice veg medley .. strawberry trifle… bottle of wine for Β£10 and I know it will be good.

Tomorrow off to Stratford upon Avon for my besties late Birthday meal and shop. She suggested there and didn’t have the heart to say when Kristy comes Thursday for a few days she will want a trip there too. Lol.

Hope you have a lovely day . Xx

Mrs O … hope the allotment is getting sorted ok. Think Mr O is typical male. Lolol . Xx

Sarah .. most important to look after Sarah … mind and body. Shock to the system is one of the most hard things to heal I reckon. Just take it easy as you can. Xx

MJ .. well done on losing the 2lbs… brilliant news. Xx

Shera … Like Minois I never count cals on NFDs … feast and famine within reason I reckon. Xx

KT.. you sound like you have got back on track again… Good for you girl. Xx

Minois.. good luck on your FD… it is hard getting back to it… will be me next week. Having a bit of a break this week… but holding my own. lol. Xx

Aud.. good luck with 800 day. Xx

All the rest of the gang .. enjoy the day. Xx

Brit lovelies….Slow down how you do whatever you are doing right now. Move slower, talk slower or ride your bicycle more slowly for example. By doing so you become more aware of how you use your body and what is happening all around you right now. Xx

Anyone else fasting out there, today?
    Just walked home and had my Bovril and some oatcakes…going to make a strong coffee and then try and distract myself. Wondering if I might do the yummy sausage and bacon treat tonight while the boys scoff their ribs…!
    Mx

Good afternoon Brit lovelies.

I’m back after a wonderful few weeks off and raring to start again with 5:2. I weighed when I got back with a 5lb gain, but that may well be worse now after the last week. Ah We’ll, I’ve had some fun.

I’m going to fast on Wednesday and Friday this week. It is my birthday this weekend so a little loss to counter that is my 1st aim, then afterwards I want to try for a big loss in June.

How is everyone? Sorry I have not kept up with the thread at all. xx

Ok, I just braves the scales. 4.5lb gain. I’m not too unhappy with that and I hope I lose it again quickly.

Hi. Yes I am fasting.

Good luck to the fasters today it will be me tomorrow!

I don’t count cals on NFDs as for me that’s the upside of this WOL but generally I don’t eat rubbish (apart from hols/ parties/events which I have had a lot of lately). In everyday life I swerve bread, any baked goods, sugar, pasta, rice and refined or processed foods so it balances out.

Have done a good HITT session on.myself this morning I knew I was going to find it tough and it was but felt so good afterwards. Great to be getting back into the swing I cancelled dinner with friends on sat and just met mates for coffee today rather than gin sometimes you just have to get your head fion and get in with it. Myself and Mr O have had enough treats!

Enjoy the rest if today xx

Thanks to those who have responded about the NFD s. I just can’t understand why I’m not losing weight then if many of you not counting.

[post removed]

Hi sheera,

I haven’t been following lately but I did see your post about having 2100 cals on NFD’s. This does feel a bit high but I also see you’re very active.
    You could be building muscle which weighs more than day, so it’s possible you’re losing size of not lbs. Do you measure at all? xx

Shera how are you in terms of size? If you are active as I am fat loss tends to show up in inch loss. I do not weigh myself as a heavy exerciser weight is all over the place and scales are the most inaccurate way of assessing fat loss but have dropped at least a dress size since beginning of march. If you train well you preserve or increase your muscle mass , you retain water and increase your blood volume and glycogen stores, all of which weigh heavy on the scales. However your fat % and general fitness will be much better than if you don’t exercise regularly .
    You can line up 20 different women who are all size 10 and they would all be differing weights, our bodies are all individual and our response to diet and exercise has massive variations. The best way to assess if you need to lose fat are inches or stand in front of a full length mirror in bra and pants, jump up and down if it wobbles t needs to go, if your boobs wobble you need to be fitted for a new bra! If you are male and your boobs wobble get into 5:2!

Like it, Mrs O!!!

[post removed]

Nothing wrong will ribs showing, either. I don’t mean really visible, but less upholstered.

yes, Mrs O, I like your idea of ‘getting rid of the wobble.’

There is a formula on this website that helps to calculate how many calories to consume on a Slow Day, which I guess you call NFD [which I think of as Newfoundland]. I found that the formula correctly showed the number of calories that I consume on a Slow Day, which maintains my weight, BMI, and fat% where I want it. VERY useful!

Thanks all. Haha! Mrs O!

I am 5 feet 10. I am size 12-14. I have been a stone lighter and a comfy size 12 and very happy with how I looked. Due to illness tofay was first gym in 2 weeks. I only do spin classes at the moment too. I wasn’t eating all of my tdee every day. I’ll keep a closer eye this week.
    Gottatrysomething yes I have lost 2 inches from waist thank goodness but as a stone to lose I thought I’d see some weight shift too.

Thanks for comments. πŸ˜€

Still plenty of wobble here unfortunately…..

Sarah a bit of wobble can be lovely xx

Mrs o… oh so very true.

To my sister in laws annoyance in our youth we both weighed 9st. I was size 10/12 she was a 14. Weight doesn’t seem to pan out equally with sizes. iykwim.

I am enjoying a break this week … pleased to be staying stable. Xxxx

How much wobble is too much? i.e if it doesn’t stop wobbling after 1 second? πŸ˜‚ My wobble has definitely wobbled during May! 😊

My remaing wobble could still knock out most of our village….

Sarah I am sure you are lovely
    FD for me today trying to get rid of tge holiday wobble!

Morning. Felt great last night and really glad I got a FD out of the way. Still grey here. Typical now I’m off work! Haha.
    Going to stay in bed for a bit reading then may venture to spin, not sure yet. OH about to continue ripping apart more of the kitchen. To be fair he did a really good clean up job after there was dust EVERYWHERE!

Enjoy your day xx

2lb down

Morning All..
    A grey day but not bad.. hoping to get the awning down later before the move on to Suffolk tomorrow…we have had a really good 5 days here, busy but nice.. a catch up with friends, too much food and drink lots of chocolatey things…a low day today no lunch see how we go.. friends have already left as her Mum is ill and she feels the need to get back closer to her ( 94 and Alzheimer’s now in hospital)

At a garage sorting a very small puncture in the car so thank goodness not a new tyre needed..

I was laughing at all the wobbles must have a jump about when home.. I think I still have some lol..

Must get back logging on MFP.. had our 5 days off πŸ˜‚

Quiet on here today..

KT
    Well done on your 2 lbs off

Jean x

Not a fan of doing too much jumping about – wobble or no wobble. Went on a bouncy castle at the church youth day the other week and the shoulder I’ve been nursing since February screamed at me! But my wee boy does seem to quite like that I have ‘squishy bits’, so while I still would like to get to a comfortable ‘sitting below 11stone’ weight, I don’t want to stop being huggleable…I think my days of being a lean machine are well in the rear-view mirror!

Did one of my best FDs for a long time yesterday. Going to eat normally today and then probably another FD tomorrow.

Mx

KT well done on the 2lbs down

Ladies the mist important thing is to be healthy and happy Mr O always says a bottom that doesn’t wobble is just a waste! I know TMI! X

Hi everyone!

I had the messiest night out in years last night… ouch. Half laughing, half cringing at myself and just glad I didn’t bump into too many people I knew.

I’m not really fasting at the moment. There’s too much going on socially that I want to enjoy. I’m feeling okay though – I don’t think I’m too much over TDEE most days as I’m listening to my body far more than I have ever done at this post-exam time in previous years. I’ll be back properly fasting from Monday though.

Feeling a bit weird at the moment… I had a very long chat with my boyfriend yesterday talking about breaking up. We have a holiday booked together in a week’s time and we just can’t figure out what to do about it. It’s all sad.

Anyway, I’m off to the gym soon. I always say, you never ever leave the gym regretting it. But you do regret not going in the first place. It’s just the mood boost I need, I think.

X

Ellie I always find exercise clears my head and helps me make decisions I am sure you will do what’s right for you xx

KT well done on your 2lb loss.

Minols, I want to get back below 11st again after my hols. 1st FD again in nearly a month tomorrow and I’m nervous I confess. Determined to do it though.

Jean, I see you’re on holiday, hope you’re having a lovely time. xx

Hi all

Kate gone home today. Not managed a fast for a few days. Going to fast tomorrow looks like there are a few of us, perhaps we can support each other?

Back tomorrow sorry completely exhausted going up for an early night but not before I have a glass of something!!

Aud x

[post removed]

Hi Paul, did you fast 4 days straight??!

[post removed]

Hi all, sorry too many posts to reply to but I have caught up with a few over the last few days.

Not really managing 5:2 at the moment and weight hiked up again since Friday πŸ™

All being well (Ellie has more surgery on Friday to remove the lumps) we are due to away camping next Wednesday afternoon so need to go through camping stuff and check it all out.

I will be dipping in and out whilst working and doing stuff etc and I have a week from tomorrow to get the weekend weight off pΔΌus mote if poss πŸ™‚

Morning All..

Sun has arrived back again…

Moving onto Suffolk today towards the coast so a different feel.. a new area for us.

Kay..
    Sorry to hear Ellie has to face another operation.. hope all goes well for her and gives her more time…I understand how you are feeling πŸ’•

Audrey..
    Thinking of you it must of been a hard week talking things out and through πŸ’•

Ellie..
    A hard time for you.. lots of things to go through..a sad time if you have to break up πŸ’•

Too many posts to go through on my phone.. sorry..

Have a good day

Jean x

Fast day today… anyone joining me?

Audrey x

Thinking of you kay and Ellie. Breaking up is so tough.

I keep waking up really early as window is open and noises from shop next door are very loud at 6am!

FD today. Going to do a bit of window frame painting. One last cupboard to come out. Then oven will be out which means no more cooking! Aaarrgghhh! !!

Viewing 50 posts - 12,351 through 12,400 (of 35,389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.