Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,800 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  symba7 6 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,301 through 12,350 (of 35,285 total)

• Ellie, good luck for today’s exam. I sure the celebrating will be memorable. Let your hair down and enjoy yourself.
    Lynne x

Morning all

Just a quick one as busy at work. Fasting today in the sunshine, good luck to others Kay & Jean I think.

Minutes silence in the office at 11, will be thinking of your daughters friend Audrey x

Have a great day all, Clare x

Morning all.

Just a quick post am at work

Hi to everyone won’t answer individually today, loads of posts.

Gorgeous day here and I was suppose to be fasting but it’s too nice not to crack the bbq out for tea, so it’s a fail.

Catch you all tomorrow

Tammy xxx

Just a quick one as I’m in work. Better nights sleep for me and Ellie as had ceiling fan on all night but Neil didn’t as he found it noisy!

Drinking loads of water today. Weight will be up tomorrow but I’m trying to minimise damage!

Catch you all later x

Hi all

Quick post whilst I can, Kate has gone to see her friend.

I have put a stone on since Xmas, so I now need to lose a lot of weight,(ideally 2 stone). my summer clothes no longer fit me. I am telling you this as I would like your support, I am going to try 800 kcals days for a while and need encouragement, I am on day 4, so far am 3lb down and doing well, but I know I have a long way to go. I could join the other forum but would prefer to stay here where I know people and consider us friends.

My 1st weigh in day will be Sunday, I will report my loses on here and of course if anyone else wants to give this a go come and join me!

I am still eating food that I like, yesterday I had bread, I haven’t had any refined sugar but that may change..

Let me know what you think

Audrey xx

HI all – I think I’m back…but haven’t had time to read all that I’ve missed over the last couple of weeks. Sorry to have not been around.

Feeling a little nervous as I try a FD today, but know from experiences it’s always better when I’m connected in to you all.

Look forward to catching up…
    Mx

Hi minols

Welcome back WE HAVE MISSED YOU….

Audrey x

Aw – thanks, Audrey!

Just did a quick catch up back a page – hope Katie is alright and finding it beneficial to be back home right now. It’s been a bit of a rubbish week for the world, hasn’t it?!

And Sarah – sorry to hear about the whole auto-immune thing. I know some of them are easier to live with than others (OH has one that we can manage largely by diet, fortunately, but flare-ups are a real nuisance and always happen at the worst times!), so really hoping you manage to get a handle on yours.

Going to scrabble through some more work, and then go and treat myself to a coffee in the sunshine of my back garden before the usual domestic run of things takes over!

Mx

Afternoon All..
    Out for a bit of shopping now sat reading..
    Fasting today is all going well up to now.. brought the scales in from the car for tomorrow morning weigh in…

Moving on in the morning to the Sandringham Estate, been practising my curtseys just in case…lol . Hope to be on the move about 8.30.

Audrey…
    You have a plan of action and you seem motivated well done.. good luck for Sunday’s weigh in in case we have no wifi..

Kay..
    It seems to be the weather with Ellie, nice she’s a bit better today..

Ellie…
    Celebrate tonight and get the BBQ out.. all out all done… your new life is in your hands enjoy 😀

Minols..
    You have been missed.. keep with us even if you are at goal.. keep you on track.

Clare..
    Hope the fasting is going good .. hard when this hot… lamb chops on BBQ for us this evening with salad..

Sorry page has gone over and I am on phone.

Really hot here today… Steves sat 30 yards away in the forest 😂

We have been reasonably good, no wine opened yet, I have had one chocolate bun, 1/2 pint cider and Steve a piece of fruit cake and 1 beer a small whiskey each… in 4 days not bad… there’s a barrel of chocolate biscuits, bars of chocolate, a box of buns, a fruit loaf…hoping friends will eat tomorrow 😂

A bit naughty yesterday hope to maintain… more water to drink pm

Jean x

Jean

Enjoy your holiday and when you do open the wine have 1 for me..

Bbq sounds lovely

Back tomorrow good luck all

Audrey x

Hi Jean – not at goal really yet! This week’s been a bit out of control, so waiting to see what Sunday weigh in brings before I set my next wee target.
    Mx

Minols.. good luck for Sunday, Audrey is weighing in then too..
    X

Hi.
    Just chilling out after a successful fast day. Drank loads and had 500 cals.
    Last assembly tomorrow. An emotional day ahead as it’s the 5 year anniversary of me losing my mom tomorrow.
    Very much looking forward to the school day being over.

Hi all

Thanks for the welcome back. I almost feel it is a welcome back to the world from a dark place.

Jean, we have never met and yet you took the trouble to find out about my condition. I found that incredibly touching. Xx

Kay, absolutely no need to apologise about how much you feel for Ellie. The bond of love between humans and other animals can be incredibly strong and who is to say we don’t, can’t or shouldn’t love them as much as people. And she is your baby. Hugs for both you and Ellie.

Lynne, thank you for the reassurance and especially the information about cake tops.

So I did weigh today. Basically because I didn’t care if I had put on but didn’t think I had anyway. Food has been as sawdust to me. I was actually worried about losing weight and literally forcing food down me, chewing and swallowing because I felt I had to and pouring great slugs of olive oil into soup etc and then just swallowing it. If I had wanted to liquid fast for a fortnight that would have been very, very easy. Anyway I have lost 3lbs over the last couple of weeks so am now 3lbs from goal.

I think I will start to fast again from next Tuesday not necessarily to lose weight, but because I believe it might help autoimmune stuff and actually may as well get to goal properly then allow myself a 2lb downward leeway. The last 3 might be a challenge though because all of a sudden food is nice again and had a couple of glasses of wine last night and this.

Coming home from Moorfields yesterday on a packed tube, I looked at all the people i was squashed into and thought you just don’t know what people are dealing with, what hideousness is going on in their lives. It made me feel very humble.

Outside my house today was parked a VW california which I had a good look in. On the back screen was written – ‘You only have one life, so live it!’ That so sums up how I feel right now. Xx

Morning All..

A moving on morning a quick breakfast and on the road. We are about a hour away… lots of caravans on the road today and tomorrow around Sandringham.. so keep away.. 2,500!

If the weights right a pound up each, it depends how flat the caravan is.. not worried.

Rowena..
    Last assembly and last day before your break.. rest up..
    Have happy memories today, mums are always special…💕

Sarah..
    You seem in a better place.. the 3 lb off is really good but really not important.. try different healthy food options to get your body as good as you can.. take the advice of the doctors and take life as it comes..enjoy your retirement it’s a lovely time..the VW says it all ..it will fall into place my thoughts are with you 💕

Try and catch you all later don’t know about wifi.. hope Queen has the kettle on.. lol

Jean x

Morning all

Busy day for us today, 2 trips to the doctors then one to the vets also… let’s hope we are all OK!

Jean enjoy your time at Sandringham hope the weekend is grwat.

Thanks very much for all your continued support its much appreciated another 800 day yesterday day 5 today, it’s not as hard as I thought it may be but Ian is off work from today until Tuesday evening so perhaps it may start to hit now..

Have a good bank holiday weekend everybody

Enjoy the sunshine

Audrey xx

Am back from lovely holiday there was so much food and drink so am right back in tge wagon with an FD today. Sorry I can’t go through everyone’s posts as am running out to work but hope everyone is good xxx

Morning all

Another beautiful day here. Good fast yesterday, didn’t eat until the evening again and seemed ok. 2 lb down on the scales and finally tipped just into ‘healthy’ it will go up over the weekend I know but as long as the Friday trend is down I’m happy. Setting my goal for 5 more pounds, that will be 35 in total.

My wedding anniversary today as bloody facebook timehop reminded me, sad looking back over the posts from this day over the years but I am definitely in a happier place now.

Mrs O – welcome back from your hols, wishing you a good fast today.

Audrey – well done with the 800 cals, you seem to have found something that works for you which is important. Busy day ahead, rest later.

Jean – thinking of you in the caravan convoy, did laugh at you practising your curtseys lol!

Sarah – you are sounding positive which is great, one step at a time & remember we are with you x

Minols – great to see you back!

Shera – look after yourself today, school will soon be over

Kay – hope you got decent sleep last night, keep drinking the water.

Have a great day all, Clare x

Hi all. Another lovely day. Unfortunately in the office until 2 but then will be going straight out in the garden!
    Weighed in this morning and have maintained which is amazing considering I’ve really only had 3 days being good and 4 being bad. At one point I was back up to 10.5 but now back to 10.05 Think how things would be if I was at least 1 more day good!
    Will read and catch up later x

Clare – well done on the loss.
    It must be tough to reminded of all these things but I’m glad you’re in a better place. That’s the important thing.

Rowena – hope today is okay for you. ❤️

Mrs O – hope you had the most amazing holiday!

Jean – haha sounds lovely, enjoy Sandringham and pass on my greetings to the queen 😉

Sarah – that camper van is absolutely right. It’s all about making the most of every situation. And the health benefits of fasting are key to that.

Audrey – you are right on track and will absolutely get there. It might seem daunting now but it’ll happen, pound at a time.

Kay – well done for maintaining. You’ll be in the 9s before you know it!!

My exams are over! My academic career as I know it is now officially finished and it feels very strange… I had the best night out celebrating last night (feeling fine this morning, just very tired) and am hoping to do a fast today, maybe up to 800 if I need. I’m covered in factor 50+ and off to the beach!

X

Wow I am pooped…

Walked the dogs to the vets, both vaccinated and had check ups both been put on diets!! 🐶🐕….

Then Ian ran me to the Dr for my blood test, I walked home fitbit saying 12000 steps already and it’s extremely hot.. I have put the paddling pool out for dogs in hope they will lie in it but no joy as yet, if it carries on I may dip my feet…

Back later

Audrey x

Morning everyone

Another beautiful morning here, shame it’s not due to last over the bank holiday weekend.

Minols, it’s lovely to have you back, hope the FD went well yesterday.

Mrs O, glad you enjoyed the holiday, with you on FD today.

Rowena, last assembly and then a week off. I know how difficult it will be today, I lost my Mum 18 years ago, but try and spend a few minutes focusing on happy memories of Mum. Don’t stifle the tears, but try and smile as well.

Jean, don’t tell me Liz doesn’t have a decent router! Hope you have a great weekend with all your caravan friends.

Aud, the 800 cals seems to be working well for you. I jump between 5:2 and 800 cals as the mood takes me, but don’t want to lose the support of the wonderful people on this site.

Clare, great getting into ‘healthy’ today, even if it doesn’t last over the weekend. I’m sure you’ll be firmly in that category soon.

Sarah, you sound so positive now, hopefully you found a doctor who was able to answer your questions – I’m a great believer that information is power. Retirement is almost within touching distance, the VW sticker is the way to go.

Kay, it’s great being able to have FD reset and get back on track. Enjoy the garden this afternoon.

Hemmy, hope you’re enjoying some relaxing time in your garden.

KT, hope you’re having the same success as you had last week.

Ellie, such an exciting time now. I know it can be stressful to move away from the familiar and towards the unknown, but look at this time as a new chapter full of opportunities. Take some time to relax before getting stuck into the 9-5, if you’re still thinking of travelling then do it now before you have to think about booking annual leave.

I’m fasting today, and hoping to stick to liquid only, but we’ll see. Going to try to get Phil out today for half an hour in the sun, but not sure I’ll succeed.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend.

Lynne x

Grr…just lost my post!!!

Short version…

Welcome back Minols and Mrs O

Well done with the weight loss Clare

Rowena, not long left until you get chance to recharge

Ellie, your time to enjoy yourself before making any decisions

Aud, well done on the steps, I only managed 1000 before coming home and taking it off to sit in the sun

Jean, was Liz in, did she let you use her wifi?

Lynne, good luck with the fast and getting Phil outside

Sarah, whats the next steps for the you then? Any more tests?

Big hi to everyone Ive missed.

I got home about 2.30 and grabbed a snack which broke my fast which started after dinner on Wednesday night.
    I managed to drink 2 litres of sparkling water yesterday on top of my other drinks and over half through that today. Surprisingly Ive not been running to the toilet though so my body obviously needs it.

Out to catch some rays…..

After stuffing my face for a week today is hard. At least it is warm am just running a bath to distract me from food! I will get through today I will

Hi everyone. Hope you’re all ok. Phew I made it!
    Emotional day for many reasons. Obviously thinking of my mom. Then y13 left and the boy I bought the game art book for came to see me with a bunch of flowers and a letter. I couldn’t believe it was me he was talking about in the letter. So lovely.
    The last assembly went well. Had very positive feedback. Feels great to think we’re going to make a difference (not sure if I said the assembly was promoting a new club were going to run to support people with wellbeing issues). Some kids have signed up already which must be tough to come forward.
    Anyway, off for a quick shower then meeting dad, sis, niece and BIL at pub!

Evening All..

So very very hot here… I can’t believe how many caravans are here it’s like a large village.. with more coming tomorrow..

We are seeing a Cliff Richards tribute act tonight..and a few drinks…

Off plan for 5 days, then back on track..

Audrey..
    Looks like three of you on 5.2 hope you succeed they will be whining at the cupboard .. lol

Lynne..
    Hope you get Phil out its so lovely.. it must buck him up..

Mrs O..
    Lovely to have you back…I am pleased everything went well and you had a good time..

Clare..
    Well done on the 2 lbs off .. hope you managed a card.. lol

Kay..
    Well done on maintaining better than us ..lol

Rowena..
    Enjoy your time off well deserved..hope your club takes off..

A lovely big tree shading us now ..lovely as it was hitting 30 degrees in the caravan and all the windows open.. can’t complain..

Jean x

Evening All.
    I am 47, 5 ‘4 and weigh 75kg. Target weight is 62 kg.
    I have been on the 5:2 diet since April 29th this year…so nearly a month. I have lost 4 kg so far. My BMI has fallen from 30 to 28. I am using the tracker to see my weight fall and the centimetres lost from my waist,hips and bust.
    I have found the fasting ok. Not hard to adjust to. But I am aware that I need to be more careful about what I eat on non fasting days.
    I have also been learning to run for the first time in 30 years. I use the Couchto5k app and I have found it really good. From not being able to run 1 minute without being breathless or in pain, I am now running 5k three times a week. I started that 12 weeks ago. i can really recommend this to any exercise phobics!
    I do find the thought of having to lose another 13 kg very demoralising – hoping to find encouragement and resolve here. Any tips gratefully received.

Hi Thames runner..
    Welcome to our thread, you are doing really well. 9 lbs is a lot off in a month..
    Lots of support here if you need it, we are a friendly lot..

Jean x

Hi all

Rowenna, sorry about the anniversary. My mum’s was three years on 17th May. There is nothing to be said that can counter the loss though as Lynne said remember the good times more.

Clare well done on the 2lbs. Loved your photo of you and your lovely son.

Jean, you look like you are having a great time and I just can’t believe you are not 15 years younger than your last birthday age!

Lynne, hope you managed to get Phil out and enjoy the sun yourself. When I think what you have had to deal with so long….well apparently I am not good at dealing with stress.

Ellie, well done on the exams. Have fun now.

Hemmy hope you are ok and Mr Pipps. Sorry to anyone I have missed. I am reading posts but taking sleeping tabs and something for anxiety and a bit spaced out.

Kay, hope Ellie is holding up. The next big thing is to see if I can just be in the monitoring group rather than in meds and see what it does on its own. I will take the meds to protect my sight if I have to but my vision is not affected at the moment. I am dreading going and still have to make the appointment. They inject you with green dye then do various scans and flicker tests Etc. The reason I am dreading it is maybe I will have to start meds, though the new doc thought I might not have to for a bit but also because of the news I was expecting to hear this time. There is a part of me that still doesn’t truly believe it. I need to get used to it though because I will probably be at Moorfields about a day a month. Some people have to cope with this as well as jobs and children so I should be counting my blessings.

The new consultant is very nice and explains things and was clear that the possible underlying issue was not what I thought. Have also had MRI and PET and bloods with nothing concerning. My difficulty is actually believing it. I had got myself in such a state (yes googling again and self diagnosing FOOL that I am) i was so certain of the worst and now I keep wobbling and thinking have they really got it right. The birdshot is bad enough for goodness sake, but I was in such a terrible state, crying everywhere. Just about managed to hold it together at my neice’s art show but photos show me looking so very anxious and ill according to my sister. I can see why it has happened after four very stressful years and then a diagnosis like that but now I have to pull myself together. I looked at my husband today and thought I can’t keep doing this anxiety thing. My poor husband especially and sister and a couple of close friends must be exhausted. I was not easy to deal with. I know I need to come down from this and start really believing what I have been told or it will not end well for anyone. I need to use all my determination to put this now irrational fear behind me and believe what I have been told. I know this all sounds a bit mad and actually it is so I need to get a grip. Have got some therapy with a woman who really seemed to get it during our phone call and is highly recommended but can’t see me until 5th June. I am sorry this all sounds bonkers and it is. I think my main worry and that of my family is for my mental not physical health.

Did try to fast today but too soon and too jittery so ate nuts and omelette and salad. Sister worried I am getting obsessive about fasting for autoimmune. I need to be very very careful. If I get through all this I need to find someway I could maybe help other people in crisis of some sort even it is just fundraising or something because somehow I doubt talking to me will calm them down effectively.

Thanks for listening (if anyone is still awake, you deverve a medal). I know it all dreadfully self obsessed and I think half the battle will be not so much inward focus. Xxx

Sarah, one step at a time, but it sounds like you have things a bit more under control even if you don’t feel like you have. I really wouldn’t worry about the eating side of things at the moment. Let things settle down first. X

@symba thanks. Will be needing it to keep going. It’s a long haul!
    Am
    Doing my second park run this morning. Hoping it rains so it’s cooler. London is v hot at the moment.
    Anyone else taken up exercise?

Morning All…
    Another lovely start today before the weather changes pm tomorrow..

The concert was really good Cliff and the Shadows.. the Shadows was exceptional.. late finish for us after 11…

A first aid course for us at 9 am.. I have done them befor but Steve and friends haven’t and wanted to do it, so a refresher for me.. maybe a good thing..

Sarah..
    Take it one day at a time it’s a lot to take in….fasting do later when you are in a better place.. you are nearly to goal but your health is more important ..you will be ok it’s just getting your head around it 💕

Thanks for your kind words, my feet let me down sometimes…the weight off has helped.

Have a good bank holiday everybody..

Jean x

Thames runner I am a personal trainer (I retrained at 43 after 20 years in media) I have run London marathon a few times sit fire any questions.
    So glad I git through the FD yesterday am off tinteach two bootcamos after a week and half of no exercise eek!

Enjoy the sunshine folks xxx

Morning all

Happy Weight loss dance 3lb down!!… yeah….

Sarah give it time to sink in, just watch your calories then when you feel better do a fast, let us know when we will support you.

Mrs O, glad to see you back…it’s just started to rain here!!!

Welcome Thames runner is it OK you call you TR? I have started walking again, no running for me. I tried the couch to 5k last year I nearly died… I was dreadful haha lol… let us know more about you, if uou scroll through a few pages back Symba did a quick post on who we all are etc.

Jean enjoy your break it sounds great.

Hemmy is Kristy with you? Hope you are having a good weekend.

Rowena, hope you are feeling better now, anniversaries are rotten I dread my dad’s coming around.

Sorry got to dash, Kate is still here… her friend is devastated as you can imagine…

Back later got the granddaughters coming later they are off to Portugal tomorrow so calling in for their spending euros.. hehe

Audrey x

Morning everyone

Good FD yesterday, but only a slight movement on the scales. Still it was in the right direction so mustn’t be complacent.

Aud, well done on the 3lb, the 800 cals really seems to be working for you.

Welcome Thames Runner. I’ve downloaded the C25K app but that’s as far as I’ve got. One day maybe.

Jean, your holiday so far sounds great, but it wouldn’t be a staycation without some rain.

Sarah, I feel touched that you chose to share your feelings with us so extensively. When I read your post the first thing that sprang to mind was the change cycle (Loss, Doubt, Discomfort, Discovery, Understanding & Integration), which I know you’ll be very familiar with from your professional life. If you add your pending retirement into the mix it’s not surprising that you are feeling so emotionally charged at the moment. I’m sure if this was happening to someone else you would be far more understanding than you are of yourself. You know that you are just at one stage in the process and that as you assimilate the information your will return to a more even keel. I’m sure the therapy will help, it’s great to be able to offload without feeling you are sharing the burden. Remember we are here as well, and carry on with your posts, getting it out helps and it will be something you can re-read if you need to in the future. As for fasting, food and weight loss – just look after yourself, nourish your body and come back to fasting when you’re life is a bit calmer. Please keep in touch and take care.

Trying to keep controlled today as I really want to be at the 11st mark by the end of the month – 1.4lb to go.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lynne x

Morning all
    TR welcome.
    Well I’ve lost a lb this week. Yes this is positive but I don’t know why I put on 2.5lb last week. I’m going to track cals on all days to see if I’m eating too much.
    Very tired as was hot in the night. Looking forward to relaxing. Though this week will have to help OH with preparing the kitchen. 😣

hi all
    still muddling on
    did another ‘fast day’ thurs, no idea how many cals, but only ate berries/veg/chicken and yog.
    a week and half without binge foods now, and still feeling very tired but managing to resist so far

well done on all your achievements

Good afternoon FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

What wonderful weather we are having …out from early till late and loving it. Lol

Weighed in this morning and still the same weight .. few ounces under last week.

Think this is maintenance for me now.. hopefully never going back farther than a couple of controllable pounds.

I do think weighing everyday has helped me. Stops me getting out of hand… or if a good day will be elated and carry it on. Lol. I know we are all different and that does not suit all.

Sarah … Sooo pleased to see you back. As you know I just love your posts. The feeling in them jumps off the page for me.

Glad you decided to return to us … Xx The more we learn about health problems the more its easier to understand what is needed of ourselves to cope .

Please share all your hopes and fears .. frustrations with us . We are here not only for our weight problems but anything else that worries us .

Lovely to see you back Sarah. Xxx

Aud.. sorry to read that the great sadness that came out of Manchester this week affected your daughters friend. My thoughts are with them all.

Enjoy your Grand children they grow so very quickly. Xx

Minois .. lovely to see you back. Xx

KT .. And well done to you too on your achievement.. the longer you can leave that binge food … the taste will go away. Xx

Kay.. keep up with the water I think it really does make you look and feel better.
    Hope Ellie is feeling ok. Thinking of her this hot weather Xx

Sym… enjoy your royal surroundings … no sneaking the Queens cereal from her Tupperware boxes. Lolol.. Have a wonderful time both. Xx

Lynne … what a caring lovely post. You never cease to amaze with all you have on your plate .. there is always kind words of understanding for others. Hope Phil can enjoy the sunshine. Xx

Tammy… hope all is going well for you. Hope that kitchen quote is a good one for you. Xx

Mrs O glad you are back … Fancy a nice Gin and tonic this afternoon. Lol. Xx

Ende … Yay freedom now. Enjoy a nice break. Xx

Clare…Enjoy your week-end. Xx

Shera… Well done on the pound loss… brilliant .. way to go girly. Xx

Thames R … Hello and welcome to our Brit corner of the forum… we are all very friendly here hope you enjoy. . Good luck. Xx

Brit Lovelies…To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness
    Xxxx

Lynne – you’re right. I want to fit in as much as I can while I have the chance and without being tied down to any full-time jobs and commitments. I’ve had quite a few hitch-hiking adventures which I’ve loved, but I’ve never been away more than a month. My aim (depending on how a few potential part-time/casual jobs turn out when I get home in a few weeks) is to work here and there while saving up and planning a trip away. And repeat!

Rowena – I’m so glad everyone was so positive about your assembly, and I’m not surprised your students were really touched by your gifts. And well done on the loss!

Hi Thames runner, welcome along!

Sarah – thank you for sharing with us. You’ve been so brave so far and I can’t even imagine how you must be feeling. As others have said.. your mentality is the most important thing to look after right now. Fasting puts stress on the body and at the moment the important thing is to take care of yourself. The therapist is a great step and reaching out for one is the best things to do. It will all get better, I’m sure of it. You strike me as a very strong woman and while it all seems overwhelming now, I am quite sure you will find a way to make it all work.

KT – you’re doing such a great job! Well done.

Hemmy – it’s such lovely weather, isn’t it! And so great that you’re at a point to maintain.

I’m feeling pretty exhausted at the moment. I think it’s going to take a while for everything to catch up with me, as I’ve been putting pressure on myself for years now to keep working, studying, revising, improving… I think it’ll take me months to realise that pressure isn’t there any more! I’m out in the garden at the moment, and friends are coming over later for a BBQ. I hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend.

X

Afternoon All…

A busy day first aid all morning it’s changed a lot since I last did it.. a thunder storm while we were in the marquee .. then bright sun shine again but windy..still very hot..

Lots of security on site with police all over but a bit discrete, we have seen a lot but other people haven’t noticed them..maybe because of the Queen and other Royals may be about.

Came back and knocked more pegs in the awning to make secure.. lots going on, clay pigeon shooting for us both, I stopped half way but shot 20 and Steve 22, I could of won if I continued lol. It was strange.

On the go for 8 hours just about done my 10,000 steps.. 😀.. cream crackered 😂

Off plan for 5 days it’s so awkward, the coming and going, eating as and when.. a meal out tomorrow off site..before friends leaving a day early on Tuesday…then back on board quickly .

Audrey..
    Well done on your 3 lbs off.. continue as you are as it’s working .. 😀

Hemmy..
    In the maintaining mode..well done… I was with you but I think a bit of an increase on Friday weigh in .. it’s how it goes..

Lynne..
    Staying about the same is not too bad..

Ellie..
    Enjoy the BBQ and let your hair down ..all free of study.. start planning what you would like to do..

Rowena..
    Well done on your pound off .. it all adds up..

KT..
    Glad you are holding your own and not bingeing.. well done

Lynne ..
    Holding your own too.. maybe the weather and water retention, for a few others too..😀

Rod Stewart tribute band tonight.. looking forward to that… hoping as good as last night.. it’s hard going to keep up I like my bed for 10.30..lol

Weathers holding, no brolly and no wellies up to now..

Enjoy the weekend everyone..

Jean x

Evening all

Lynne, Hemmy, Ellie, Kay, Jean, thank you for your kind words. There was a sausage roll misdemeanour today so things must be looking up! This has been a massive wakeup call for me aside from the physical stuff. My life is going to be lived differently from now on.

Rowena, Audrey and anyone else I’ve missed well done on the losses.

Jean, I love a bit of Rod Stewart – enjoy.

KT and RT, Hi and belated welcome or welcome back to the group. I promise I mainly talk about stuffing down cake tops rather than my borderline and lately over the borderline mental health issues!!

So as to weight summary 44lbs off, 3 to go. There may be a hiatus for a while as I am going to be very careful and no liquid fasts for a bit.

Thank you for your support and compassion Brits xxx

Sarah have just scrolled back to read your post hope you are feeling brighter try not to put yourself under too much pressure until you feel up to it x

Hemjy I would KILL fir a G&T right now, taught two classes it was quiet because half term then had to do lots of work in the allotment who knew so many weeds can grow in a week and tge greenhouse is full of triffids. Was sulky with Mr O because he should have had it properly dug over and mulched over the winter so it was just ready to plant but no he over commits to everyone else. The drama society people take priority over our lives ….

Anyway tgere are far worse things going on in the world than a weedy patch.i need to get a grip!

Hi Sarah..
    What an achievement 44 lbs off.. you can see the finish line then maintain..

Life is for living… don’t let it take over your life.. you will have ups and downs but you will win..I know it’s so easy to say and it’s very hard..

Think on your retirement and decide what you want to do, live each day as it comes.. and put all you have into it..

Steve and I are getting to that sort of age you just don’t know what’s around the corner.. we want to enjoy life as much as we can.

You are strong my lovely you will be fine 💕

Xx

Thought The Humble Banana was Interesting. Xxxx

Banana on toast is wonderful. Lolol Xx

Top Ten Health Benefits of Bananas
    by HEIDI ALMOND 

Heidi Almond worked in the natural foods industry for more than seven years before becoming a full-time freelancer in 2010. She has been published in “Mother Earth News,” “Legacy” magazine and in several local publications in Duluth, Minn. In 2002 Almond graduated cum laude from an environmental liberal arts college with a concentration in writing.

Children and adults alike love sweet, nutritious bananas. Since bananas come neatly packed in their own wrapper, they are very portable. They may be eaten in their whole form, sliced into fruit salad or mashed and added to muffin and bread recipes. Frozen bananas can be added to smoothies in place of yogurt or ice cream. A serving size is one peeled medium-sized banana, about 7 inches long.
    Calories
    By eating a banana you can Indulge your sweet tooth without ruining your diet. A banana averages about only 110 calories.
    Fat and Cholesterol
    Bananas are naturally fat and cholesterol free. Use mashed bananas to substitute for some or all of the butter or oil when making cookies, for example, for a healthier treat.
    Bananas are known for their high potassium content, with over 400 mg potassium in a single medium-size banana. According to Colorado State University Extension, potassium is necessary for good nerve and muscle function as well as for maintaining a healthy balance of fluids in the body. The potassium in bananas can help prevent muscle cramps after exercise.
    Vitamin C
    As with many fruits, bananas contain a good amount of vitamin C. One banana provides about 10 mg of vitamin C, or about 15 percent of your daily recommended amount. Vitamin C boosts your immune system and cell health and improves the absorption of other nutrients such as iron.
    Vitamin B-6
    Since B vitamins are more commonly found in animal products, it may come as a surprise that bananas are an excellent source of vitamin B-6, also called pyridoxine. One banana supplies 35 percent of your daily B-6 requirement. Your body uses vitamin B-6 to grow new cells.
    Manganese
    Bananas are a good source of manganese, with one medium banana providing about .3 mg. Adults need between 1.8 and 2.3 mg of manganese daily. Manganese is necessary for bone health and metabolism.
    Fiber
    According to the USDA, one banana has about 3 g of fiber. Dietary fiber can help you feel fuller longer and also keep your digestive processes running smoothly.
    Other Nutrients
    Bananas also deliver small amounts of other vitamins and minerals. A banana provides some iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorus as well as vitamins A and E, folate, carotene and choline. Bananas also contain trace amounts of many amino acids.
    Carbohydrates
    Your body uses carbohydrates as a primary source of energy. Eat a banana after a workout to refuel. A banana with breakfast will start your day off right and will give you the energy to make it through to lunch without snacking.
    Digestibility
    Bananas are easy to digest. When you’re sick with a virus or indigestion, bananas can be an appealing way to get some important nutrients into your system without upsetting your stomach. Mashed bananas are also often used as an introduction to solid foods for babies. xx

Morning All..

A nice start again..

The concert was very loud last night too much to hear, at half time we stood outside a bit then stood at the back which made it sound better.

I think a lazier day today F1 on at 1pm which the boys are watching in a marquee.. taking it as it comes.

A meal out at a pub somewhere off site this evening for a change.

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday break and sun is still with you.. we are expecting heavy rain here this evening..

Steve loves his bananas, I must start having them again, thought they were high in calories so went out of favour but they seem very good for you.. thanks Hemmy.. 😀

Jean x

Hemmy…wonderful about the banana – shame I hate them!
    Jean – I’m with you on the F1 this afternoon.
    Sarah – thanks for sharing all you have – I missed the original diagnosis while I was away, but it sounds like you’ve really been through the mill. I thought Lynne’s post on the cycle of change was really good – sometimes helps to remind us that this is not madness, it’s understandable, graspable and someone has studied it enough to help us get a hold on it!

About to head into service, so I’ll keep this brief – weighed in, half a stone up! Not happy…you can fill in the rest! Hoping some of this is instant weight from yesterday’s bbq and will melt away quickly (!)

Mx

Minols there us NO WAY you have gained 7lbs fat overnight it’s def water retention due to salty/sweet foods.
    Am trying another FD today am hungry already so let’s see how this pans out.

Hi lovely people!!

I am back from sunny Greece. We had such an amazing time. We normally do B&B and rent a car to go exploring everyday but the past week has just been lying on a beach, spa and half board. We did rent a boat to go around a few islands and brought a picnic on board on one day and went to the local village a second day but apart from that it was beach time 😊

Just weighed in and I have lost half a pound over the week. We only eat breakfast and dinner while we are on holiday with a glass of vino or two around 4pm so very happy with the half pound loss considering it was fine dining and buffet at the hotel. This has made me ponder if 16:8 diet would be good to try over the next week with the 8 hour window between 12pm – 8pm, but do it properly. I will try to do a fast day or two during the week also. So looking at combining 16:8 and 5:2 tomorrow onwards. I am starting my new job a week tomorrow so good to focus on this next week I think.

Lots to catch up on with peoples news-will have a good read once my spring clean is done today! Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday.

Xx

Minols..
    I am thinking your half a stone on is over your holiday period.. and a bit extra at the BBQ.. some will move quick I am sure…

Have a good day..

Mrs O..
    Have a good fd …on a bank holiday??

Jo…
    Your holiday sounds lovely.. a boat picnic is a bit different… you have done well to loose a bit and come back refreshed..

Good luck on your new job.. lovely to have you back…

Jean x

Jean – sounds like you’re having such an adventure. I’ve never done clay pigeon shooting but seems like you’re pretty awesome at it!
    I find concerts are always so loud, unbearably so. My friends always laugh at me but I have a little box of sound-reducing wax earplugs that I carry and whack out in nightclubs and anywhere with stupidly loud music as otherwise I can’t hear properly afterwards for days.

Sarah – so impressive to have lost 44lbs. That’s an incredible achievement and the last three can just come off whenever you’re ready.

Hemmy – thank you for the banana post! I love a banana stirred into cinnamony porridge. Or frozen without the skin and blended into a smoothie with peanut butter and milk – being frozen it makes it so thick and creamy!

Minols – it’s definitely not a “true” weights and you’ll shake it off in a day or too. Don’t worry.

Mrs O – good luck with the fast today.

Jo – your holiday sounds so dreamy… I’ve always wanted to try Greece. Which part did you go to? It’s amazing that you managed to lose on holiday as well! I suppose ‘everything in moderation’ will always hold true. People do seem to have a lot of success with 16:8 and it is something I’ve thought about too. When you realise all the studies into breakfast being the most important meal of the day were funded by Kellogg’s, it puts a new spin on things. Please do let us know how it works out for you, I’d be really interested to know.

I’m feeling suitably terrible this morning. Quite afraid to move at present. Haha. The BBQ was a great success though – I made caprese salad, a chargrilled pepper and feta couscous salad, bbqued corn on the cob.. and my friends brought burgers and sausages. I was drinking Pimms from 5, before moving onto G and Ts… so that explains the bleariness this morning. After the BBQ I went to a really fun party with loads of friends, and then went out and danced for hours. Oh and I made an epic toasted sandwich last night which probably sounds quite dubious but trust me – jam, peanut butter and a square of dark chocolate.. truly mindblowing. Or at least it was to my inebriated mind.
    Trying to summon the energy to leave my bed. I’m thinking of keeping it quite low today.
    X

Viewing 50 posts - 12,301 through 12,350 (of 35,285 total)

You must be logged in to reply.