Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 10 hours, 14 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,201 through 12,250 (of 35,392 total)

• Hi All..

Hope everyone has had a good day…

Lynne…
    Glad to see you back good luck for tomorrow….I found a mixed bag of seeds at Lidl 50% flax with others and chia..Β£2… I put them back found some at a health shop all flax Β£8 so I put them back…lol..I will be back at Aldi or Lidl…I didn’t understand the package milled and maybe whole, I will have to buy.

Hemmy..
    Sad about Kirsty’s friends dad a young age….it makes you realise try and get all done what you want too…

Ellie…
    I have done my chia raspberry jam..licked the spoon tastes really lovely..standing to go cold and rest up in the fridge as it says….

Steve was nosey and interested, I told him it’s sort of diet jam, very tart…..he said conserve, I said sort of it’s for my breakfast…will I be able to have some…if you want……but he didn’t want chia seeds!!…lol

My daughter and grandson having a flying visit in the morning for a couple of hours…he is driving up with his new car…a bit of motorway driving…only been local up to now…

Have a great weekend and have a great holiday the ones going away….😎

Jean x

gosh, didn’t realise I had missed a day
    that means I have managed 4 days without bingeing and without any binge foods

struggling tonight as head is telling me over and over and over that I could just have a ‘tiny bit’ – but I know that is almost impossible

wish I could take head off and leave it somewhere else, for a bit of peace!!

Tammy, Jean and Steve, fantastic news all. I lost half a pound, chuffed with that to be fair considering I was up 4lbs mid week!!

Didnt get to the vets with Ellie as I was running late so rearranged appointment for Tuesday as long as she remains ok, and she seems to be at the moment apart from turning into a camel with her growing lump!

Rowena, how thoughtful of you. Hope you get to relax this weekend.

Ellie, hope you get to feel swooshy soon!

Lynne, good to hear from you. 3 FDs, go you! Good luck for tomorrow.

Jean, Ive not been my proper hair colour for as long as I can remember! And flax seeds, Im pretty sure I got mine from Lidl or Aldi. 100% and ground. Ive started adding into my yogurt/cereal brekkie.

Had a chilled evening doing very little – lovely. Made some lightly roasted feta/cream cheese filled sweet peppers for a light tea, yummy.
    Dont know what we will end up doing over the weekend, given the weather. Ive picked up a one off job to feed a cat for 3 days from Sunday so we may incorporate that into a walk somewhere if it’s dry. Tomorrow looks more like a staying in and doing chores day.

Have a good weekend all.

P.S. FB friend requests received and sent πŸ™‚

Morning.
    Weigh in day for me at weight watchers. 2 500 call fasts and a 700 ish one. No gym though. I did measure my waist during the week and have lost an inch so that’s great.
    Quiet weekend I think. After Ww we need to pop to kitchen place as we bought new kitchen that OH is going to fit (oh god!) To fill in final paperwork. I want to pop to see my sister and neice at some point too.

Kay I’m on fb too πŸ˜€

Back later with result of the scales. Fingers crossed!

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A lovely sunny day .. what a change from yesterday. Lol

Hopefully a good outside day today … things are growing so fast in this warm damp weather. everything looking fresh and beautiful.

Well girls .. stayed around the same weight so happy with that as only 1 FD this week.

Quite happy with my clothing sizing now … like I said before smaller on hips than top so if I go down much more 12 trousers will be baggy.

Shera … good luck with WW weigh in. Xx

Have a lovely week-end all whatever you are doing.. hope the sun shines on you. Xx

Brit lovelies …If you are happy, you can give happiness. If you don’t love yourself and if you are unhappy with yourself, you can’t give anything else but that. Xx

Morning All…
    A lovely bright morning…

My daughter and grandson coming shortly showing his driving and car to us….we are on the motorway a bit from where he lives, so that’s new to him…

Other than that not a lot doing…no thoughts at the moment…maybe make my new granola recipe so I can take it away with me…

MFP is making Steve very aware what he’s eating..so that’s a good thing. We had one large rum and coke last night with some chocolate as it was our Friday off..

Kay..
    Half a pound is good it’s not up…

I think the flax seeds must be from Aldi as Lidl is only 50%…thanks for that. I changed my brown hair to auburn when I was 13, my sister was a trainee hairdresser and I kept it until I had to go blonde possibly about 50 as it started to go orange with the grey…lol

Hope you manage to get out for a walk it looks good here…

Rowena..
    Hope it’s good news at WW…do they know you are doing 5.2?

All exciting …your new kitchen hope you get it all sorted today…then getting it fitted..πŸ˜€

Hemmy…
    Staying the same..we are about there good news for us…in the maintance area…🀞..I am doing two pounds up and two pounds down…someone doing three pounds …what do you think?

Audrey…
    Hope things are ok and you are feeling better.

Ellie…
    Jam really great and tasty…1 gr = 1 calorie…lovely on my granola this morning…will be trying other fruit and be making it while away as it only lasts a week…

Have a great weekend…

Jean x

Have a good garden day hope it keeps nice.

Hi all

The caravan is now water tight hooray.. the caravan man said they hadn’t put any sealant on van even they put the new door and frame on so that’s why we have got damp.

My back is recovering spend the day zoned on diazapam yesterday but it has released the muscle spasm was beginning to worry about it as it has been bad..

Not looking forward to my weigh in I know I have put lots on my knickers are tight lolo 😁😁..so we’ll done on all you losers

Have a good weekend hopefully coming home tomorrow

Audrey x

So 3 fast days. Put on 2.5lb. Not happy 😢

Audrey, glad your back spasms have eased off a bit. Hopefully it can start recovering now. Dont worry about the tight knickers, a few days back on it will sort you out!

Jean, I may have to try Ellies jam recipe too! Its funny I used to love breakfast, couldnt wait to eat once I was up. But since being on 5:2 and fasting, Im not so bothered. Well I am after my full fast days but on non fast days – I tend to try and go as long as I can and extend the fast time, but still enjoy my yogurt and muesli/granola.
    Im glad you and Steve lost weight this week. I used to follow a forum on MFP which was ‘eat more to weigh loss’ based on the premis that eating too little is just as bad as eating too much. Thats why I struggled to get my head round the 5:2 at first with the restricted calories on fast days. Anyway hope it has shaken things up a bit for you both.
    Enjoy your visit from the grandson in the car πŸ™‚

Hemmy, hope you manage to get some stuff done in the garden. The weather here for the whole day is rain, so cant see me getting out in the garden. Looks ok tomorrow but were going out for a walk in the morning, so depends how things go as to how much time I get in the garden – but there is lots to do! Sad about Kirstys friends dad, so young πŸ™
    I wish I had your problem…..baggy bottom half!! Lol! Im definitely the other way round and have the hips and thighs to prove it!

Rowena, hope you managing to chill out this weekend and recharge. Its not long til half term I dont think. I have already sent you a FB request πŸ˜‰
    A new kitchen how exciting! Have you given your OH a time limit!
    How do you combine WW with 5:2? Or do you just use their weigh in?

Right thats my coffee drunk. Ellie has had her meds and Neil has popped out to Wickes for a couple of washers as we have a leak under the sink. Technically we should be asking the landlord to sort it out, but its hopefully just a quick and cheap job so we are just doing it.

On to the chores. Be back later all x

Rowena, our posts crossed. Sorry about the 2.5 gain πŸ™ Do you reckon you have eaten enough? And remember you havent been well, that may have messed things round a bit. It will sort itself out, dont lose heart…

Think that’s where I went wrong too eating too little on non fast days.

I am back fasting from Monday ready to start again not looking forward to seeing the scales tho…

Back soon

Audrey x

Jean – great news about the jam! Really glad you like it.

Rowena – don’t worry about the gain. It is just a blip and will disappear very quickly. Probably some water weight. I read that it’s normal to be heavier the day after working out – I can’t remember the science behind it but it’s something to do with recovery. So I wonder if something similar happens when you’re ill and your body is under stress and healing…

Audrey – good news on the caravan.

Thank you all for the good luck wishes. Seven exams down!! It went quite well yesterday actually, and since loads of my friends finished yesterday and my next is quite far off, I joined in the celebrating. It was my first proper night out in months and it was so much fun, but I am suffering this morning… Can’t tell if it’s more from the alcohol and lack of sleep (got up at 7 to catch a coach home for the weekend) or from the cheesy chips I inhaled last night. They always taste so good but if I eat right before bed it flares my IBS. Entirely self inflicted suffering, of course, but I still feel sorry for myself haha.

X

Afternoon All…

A lovely morning with grandson and daughter…car is lovely…Steve went for a drive with him…said he needed to look ahead more just following the car in front but didn’t say anything…I suppose we all did that..

Baking my granola smelling nice, taking it away with us…daughter loved the jam said it would be nice in plain yogurt…I don’t do yogurt…soft enough to put in…

Audrey…
    Glad the damp is sorted always a worry…pleased your spasms have stopped…take care…

Rowena…
    When not well things don’t go to plan…could be water I wouldn’t worry too much you may loose extra next week…

Kay..
    Hoping things continue for us and the shake up keeps working….away so always difficult…I seem to start moving then it’s Xmas or away and goes hay wire…give the jam a go, I may have a go with the mixed fruit next time. Reading up the frozen fruit is the best as it gives the juice to swell the chia seeds, when raw ready to jar in 5 mins..1 cal to 1 gr for raw jam…really good.

Hope Neil sorts the leak out and enjoy your walk.

Ellie…
    Enjoy your weekend at home get some TLC from Mum….

Jean x

Hi. Thanks for your reassurance.

Kay there is no friend request on my fb page πŸ˜‘ wonder what’s going on.

OMG MY GANOLA…..not clumpy a bit more like muesli…

Don’t know whether I can make this again….bloody gorgeous πŸ˜‚..it is so tasty..

On line it says for breakfast or inbetween snacks…hope the box lasts the day….lol

Xx

Afternoon everyone

Hemmy, I think we swopped weather. Yesterday was wonderful and today only a glimpse of the sun and pouring rain. Beginning to look a little brighter now though.

Jean, I’m intrigued by the jam and granola, think I’ll have to give them a try.

Rowena, you’ve had the perfect storm of illness and stress. Don’t worry about the 2.5lb, as others have said it’s just a blip. I weigh daily and often see these random fluctuations. If you weighed tomorrow it could be a different story.

Ellie, enjoy a weekend at home. Relax, enjoy the free food and replenish toilet roll supplies, assuming you’re like my daughter.

Aud, glad the back is a bit better and the van sorted. I’m fasting Monday as well.

Kay, hope all the chores are done and you can get out in the garden. Weather is picking up here, so hopefully good for you as well.

Happy with weigh in this morning. Been up and down all month but this morning 3lb off since 1st. I have just devoured a large bag of popcorn though, so tomorrow will probably show a small gain again. I’m very sneezy today and slowly munching on popcorn has often helped to break the constant sneezing cycle caused by unknown allergies. Unfortunately antihistamines don’t work too well and neither did the operations I had in my early 20s to cauterise the lining of my nose. I should have shares in Kleenez.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend.

Lynne x

The recipe I found but there are plenty…

I have used frozen raspberries but you could use any fruit…I only put 2 tblsp of honey because I like it tart…I didn’t bother with the vanilla….keeps 7 days in fridge. 1 gr = 1 cal ( raw and uncooked)

5-minute Raspberry Chia Seed Jam

Chia seed jam is a healthy, low-sugar alternative to regular jam. You can whip this up in 5 minutes and have an incredible, homemade jam in your fridge! I used this post as my guide for this recipe.

2 cups raspberry (if using frozen, defrost first)

2 tablespoons chia seeds

2 tablespoons warm water

2-4 tablespoons honey (preferably raw)*

1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)

Add all ingredients (start with 2 tablespoons of the honey) to a blender or food processor, and pulse until the it is the texture you prefer. I didn’t want mine chunky, but you may leave it that way if that’s how you like it. Taste and add more honey if you would like a sweeter jam. (I like it with 2 tablespoons, but with the raspberries being a tart fruit, it isn’t as sweet as regular jam, so add more if you want it like more traditional jam.) Transfer the mixture to a container with a lid (I used a mason jar) and allow to set in the fridge, about an hour. Enjoy!

*Substitute another liquid sweetener, such as agave nectar, to make this vegan

This is a recipe off ‘Pick up Limes’ it is really lovely…

Toasted Coconut & Almond Granola
    Recipe PDF

β–Έ β–Ή Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free
    Yield: 6 cups (12 servings)
    Prep Time: 10 min
    Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min
    Total Time: 1 hr 25 min

INGREDIENTS
    3 cups rolled oats (be sure to purchase gluten free if following a GF diet)
    1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped (or other nut of choice)
    1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds (or other nut/seed of choice)
    1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds (or other nut/seed of choice)
    3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped if large (optional)

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat the oven to 250F (120C) and place a baking sheet onto a sheet pan.
    In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut and brown sugar.
    In a medium bowl combine the maple syrup, oil and salt.
    Combine the two mixtures together and mix, then pour onto the baking sheet.
    Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes to achieve an even golden colour.
    That’s it! Let it cool and harden, and then transfer to air-tight jars. If you want to add any dried fruits, this is when you should do it (do not cook the dried fruit).

Notes
    Make sure the nuts and seeds you use are raw. If they are already roasted, it’s best to toss them in after the oats have baked, to avoid overcooking the nuts/seeds.
    Get creative: add any nuts or seeds of your choice, or dried fruit such as dried cranberries or raisins, and even spices such as cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. Make it differently each time for a new combination of flavours.
    Want to shorten the cooking time? Turn up the heat a bit, but be sure to keep an eye on it and stir more frequently to avoid burning. The mixture is ready when it’s lightly golden – don’t worry if it’s not hard. It will harden as it cools. Enjoy!

// Sadia Badiei, Registered Dietitian

Freedom to control and change the add-ins each time:
    Nuts/Seeds: This time I used a mixture of raw almonds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, but you could easily use cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts or pecans.
    Spices: I didn’t add any spices but you can easily add cinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice if you’d like.
    Dried Fruit: I didn’t add any dried fruit because I often eat my granola with fresh fruit, but you can stir in dried fruit of choice such as raisins, craisins (dried cranberries), dried apples or mangoes after the granola is done cooking – the options here are unlimited!
    Oils/Sugars: As mentioned above, the store-bought versions add loads of oils and sugars. By making your own, you can control the amount added and thus make it more healthful and wholesome than the pricy alternatives.

There are a number of ways you can enjoy the granola:

On top of almond/coconut/soy yogurt.
    In a small tupperware container as a snack.
    Sprinkled on top of your morning fruit bowl with some plant-based milk.
    Used as decoration on top of your banana nice cream (frozen banana blended to make ice cream), or decoration for any other assortment of desserts.
    Sprinkled on top of a smoothie to make it more filling.
    … you’re getting the idea.

Lynne…
    Well done with the three pounds going down from the first….about a pound a week…very pleasing.

We have been talking about the jam and granola both lovely…the granola I would say more like muesli not clumpy but very light in weight all very toasted….I think once tried you wouldn’t buy shop bought again.

I have made my muesli chocolate buns to take away in the caravan from the shop bought muesli to get rid of it…the house smells divine.

Have a lovely weekend..

Jean x

Bored bored bored Saturday night tv gets worse…walked out to the local fair, thought I would get some nougat all closing down and moving on..😩..No nougat!…walked around the village to the pub two drinks and crisps didn’t really want but did…got back home a brandy now and bed….very very much over my TDEE as a bottle of wine and steak meal with ice cream to finish earlier, really nice…..got to be really good tomorrow…

Everybody very quite..hope you are better than us…πŸ˜‚

Jean x

Sym.. naughty here too. Lol.

Picked up Mum at noon. Then the garden centre called our names when we passed. Lol

So had a pasta bake lunch there .. lovely… plus new consignment of plants we needed like a hole in the head… but at a good price… I do like a deal. Lol.

This afternoon/ evening … custard tarts and tea… followed by cheesy Jacket potatoes and salad…. oh and a bottle of vintage cider. Lolol.

All enjoyable and a lovely day although a wet one.

Deck chairs out tomoz hopefully. Xx

Oh I am glad not the only one…night night…xx

Haha I win on the naughtiness…only just on my way to bed and may have had too many alcohol cals :-/

Morning All…

A beautiful day here….getting ready to go away a day early…leaving early in the morning..the weather for the week looks amazing….so all my packing of yesterday needs a re think…all for the better…

Back on track today after a loose two days of naughtiness …I think it all helps to get you steady and back on track.

I realise now if I have alcohol I need nibbles, nuts, crisps, chocolate it seems to release an eating dragon…I can hold my own without it…..at least I know now….

A bit busy for me this morning hoping to relax out this afternoon ….have a good day everybody..

Jean x

I think it was a naughty Saturday all round… that’s what weekends are for.

Pasha – oh I will absolutely be stocking up on as many goods as I can and taking them back to uni with me. It really is my role as a student. Well done on your loss! I hope your nose calms down.. I always find it worse this time of year.

Jean – thanks for all the recipes! Great that they were all such successes! Having to use up the old granola in your famous chocolate buns sounds a terrible chore haha.

I am loving being home! I think the flying visits are the best sort! I’m feeling very bloated still though and hoping it settles down. Off for a tea and then to get started on a little bit of work, I think.

X

Morning. Quick one from me.
    Yesterday I ate far too much cake in the afternoon. Then felt rubbish for the rest of the day. Still feeling same symptoms as last week when off work. Drank loads of water and turned down the wine that oh offered! !!!!
    I think I’m going though some form of crisis! Just want to give up work move to the sea and open a gallery and paint all day. Meanwhile growing and consuming my own vegetables.
    Went to bed to start to reread a book that helped me a few years ago called the lost art of being happy.

Anyway…had a good sleep and now am showered. It is a new day. The sun is out and I’m off out the back to help oh. We’re sanding down And then repainting window frames.
    Back later xx

Hi All..

Having a sit before lunch….weather so good stripped the bed, bathroom towels all out on the line and a few odds and ends we are taking with us….ironing as they dry….half the car packed, very organised with it been an early start.

Looks like a few of us have enjoyed the weekend taking a bit of advantage…lol

Rowena….
    Hoping you soon to start to feel better…when my daughter came yesterday, she has been a bit snappy I thought she was on your mode of burn out but I think it’s more her hubby he’s a pain in the bum! and son revising for gcse’s…have a good rest up on half term you all need it…

Ellie..
    Enjoy your home visit…it will buck you up….I always had a cardboard box going filling it up for the take back to uni…buy one for me and one for the box…lol…I then had two daughters one year at uni…they crossed..

Hemmy..
    Enjoy the garden today…I think lovely most places…maybe sit instead of working….lol

Audrey…
    Are you travelling back today? take care hope the spasms are better…

Kay…
    Hope your head is ok this morning…I knew I had had a drink…we really don’t drink much now…enjoy walking I am sure you will be out today…

Minols, Carol. Have we lost you? Are you all ok…

Enjoy today make the most of the sun…a few missing on holiday…

Jean x

Hi all

Home safely. Not saying how much I have gained on holiday but the diet starts tomorrow lol…

Back tomorrow lots to do hope everybody is OK

Audrey xx

Audrey…
    We are fasting with you tomorrow….we are away early and travelling so it makes it easier…

We are in a Thetford Forest for 4 days and then to the Sandringham Estate for 5 days….both places might be iffy for Wi Fi as a bit open area…

I will catch everyone as I can….

Jean x

Jean

Enjoy your time away…. it’s definitely caravan weather!

Audrey x

Hoping it keeps lovely…going to be hot this week…re packed a few more strappy tops…lol

We will be fasting Monday and Thursday this week….then I don’t know…
    Xxx

Good evening Girls. Xx

What a beautiful day … never came in till 7pm for dinner. Wonderful… I could have this every day of the year. Already got some good colour.

After yesterday evenings naughty bits and pieces have been much better today. Lol.

Really enjoying the cider … got to be icy cold. Tried quite a few but enjoy the Aldi Vintage cider the best at Β£1.69 per bottle.

Sym and Steve have a wonderful holiday… the destinations sound lovely. Weather all geared up for it too.

Yay .. plenty of shorts and little tops. Safe journeys. Xx

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day and lovely evening. Xx

We had a nice day today. Went over to Cullompton, a small town not far away from us and had a 4 mile walk, slow one as Ellie wasnt in walking mode today, but plenty of stops as we were doing our geocaching thing πŸ™‚

Glorious day so when we got back home, we sat outside for a little while after cutting the grass….its so wet!! Had to do a high cut and hope it dries out in day or 2 for next cut. I couldnt finish my hanging baskets as I need more trailers.
    Had a yummy tea of chunky veggies in a tomato sauce with roasted potato wedges.

Ellie and Jean, I made chia jam this evening! Its sitting in the fridge now so hope it thickens, Im a bit dubious!
    But now I want to make scones and have Devon tea….which needs clotted cream…look what youve started!
    Jean, I also want to make my own granola now!!

Audrey, hope your back is holding up. Safe journey home.

Jean, enjoy your week away.

Ellie, enjoy your flying visit home!

Rowena, hope you manage to relax a bit before Monday. Not long before half term πŸ˜‰

Off to get some sleep. Off tomorrow so heading to the coast for a walk in the sunshine πŸ™‚

Morning All…

Up early hoping to be off by 8.30… lovely morning birds singing they are happy…

Hemmy..
    You sounded as if you took advantage of the weather…although warm here in the sun as the clouds came was chilly.. taking some cider with us too but must watch what we drink..

Kay..
    Hope you like the jam it’s more like the French soft sort…I can see me making more while away..lol

The granola is different but very tasty…sounded like you had a lovely day yesterday…what’s a geocaching? Enjoy the coast today…

I will try and pop by if we have Wi Fi….all be good….enjoy the weather…

Jean x

I have just been slated by bigbooty about both my recipes saying both unhealthy…

I only have two tablespoons of the granola for breakfast, I don’t feel the same as him….I can’t understand the chia jam being unhealthy as it’s berries and seeds, tiny bit of honey if you want it in…

It’s got to be better than shop bought…

We all are different with different needs and tastes…for me it’s a way of life not so strict as he is..

You will have to make your own mind up if it’s your kind of food….just thought I would pass his thoughts on.

X

Morning all

Fast day today for me, anyone else?

Audrey x

We are with you Audrey…half way to Norfolk

Xx

Enjoy your break Jean

Where is everyone? Hope you are all ok?

Remember together we are stronger!

Audrey x

Hi Jean and Audrey.
    One returning and 1 going! Enjoy the break Jean.
    I’m not fasting. I started the day with chia jam….lovely:-)

Morning all

Joining the fast today! I seem to undo all my hard work every weekend even if I’m not particularly bad. I’m so close to getting to where I want to be but can’t seem to get lower – I don’t want to not enjoy my weekends either so maybe I should just accept the weight I am and that I will always weigh heavier on a Monday and less by the Friday lol! I’ll give it a few more weeks striving to be lower.

Finally the lovely weather reached Norfolk this weekend and it’s supposed to be nice all week – Jean you are bringing the weather with you! Wave if you go past Norwich anytime!

Forgotten to bring any lunch in today so it’s just coffee & water for me until teatime plus shopping on an empty stomach which is never a good move – strict budget though today as only Β£75 until end of the month so no treats must slip into my trolley!

Have a great day all. Clare x

Isn’t the 5:2 about fasting? Don’t think it’s prescriptive about what you eat, unless you want it to be. I much prefer to make my own stuff rather than buy things I have no control about in terms of sugar content, so thanks for recipes. πŸ™‚

Good afternoon FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Glorious day again really hot. Just come back from a 2 hour walk with my neighbour. Beautiful walking around the rape fields. So pretty. .. Mr Pips all sticky but his coat with be lovely and shiny with all the oil.

Kay I agree… That’s my view of 5-2 that’s why I do it. On my F Days I have egg sandwiches and god knows what… anything up to 500-600 cals.

Thought that was the point of this way of life. Anything else its just another diet being restricted… and not for me.

Think that’s why some come and go so quickly… they go too rigid and get bored.
    Just my two pence worth. Lolol.

Good luck fasters … only Wed for me .. busy with people week. Lol.

Kay… hope you get your baskets done. Did my last one yesterday … well so I say. Lolol.

Enjoy your jam… go on do the scones and cream. Hope Ellie is doing ok today. Xx

Sym and Aud safe travel. Xx

Claire ..Hope you manage the shop on an empty stomach ok. …try to make some dishes to have left overs. Sometimes taster the next day. Often taster food made with less money… more thought. Xx

Ende … hope you are doing ok. .. and you Carol. Xx How are you KT. Xx

Brit Lovelies…We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.

Hi all

I too eat what I fancy otherwise too restricted…

No travelling for me, got home safely on Sat evening…

Have been shopping this morning bought lots of fruit the strawberries are gorgeous just now… and salad for this week it’s going you be hot so the weather man says.

Glad I am not alone in my fast…

Will check back later once Ian has left for work

Aud x

Hi All…
    Got here and all set up..this morning started with cystitis going a good few times before leaving and had to stop the caravan three times..good job you carry the loo with you.. lol… all of a sudden it’s stopped.. drinking lots of water..

I got an apology from BB, he said he realises not everyone is as strict as him, even when it’s healthy.

Thanks for your support.. I can’t go cold turkey I like some nice things .. lol..shame only a little chocolate..

It’s good to fast when travelling just on my second pint of water.. it’s so very hot… I am glad I bought my wellies it’s frightened the rain away… my new umbrella is six weeks in and unused…

I will check you all out but not reply.. hoping I get my iPad working later..

Have good fasting…

Jean x

Finished dinner all going good.. roll on breakfast…

Hope the fasting gang all ok

Jean x

Hi all

I have had my soup and 3 strawberries got an apple for later…

Stay strong mass fasters

Audrey x

Hi guys, have had a quiet weekend, but like clare, I do ruin things then !!!

Am fasting today also, cup of soup and small chicken salad for tea.

Audrey hope you had a good time away.

Jean, hope you have a good time away.

Kay enjoy your nfd

Clare good luck with the shopping, I would struggle with that amount left.

Hemmy your walk sounded lovely, it started nice here but has gone down hill. I too eat what I fancy and am not restrictive at all on nfd and eat stuff I shouldn’t on fast days but with in my calories.

Hope everyone else is good, speak tomorrow.

Tammy xxx

Hi,
    Well I did something today I never thought id have the courage to – an assembly! Have to do them all week. My colleague/friend and I are doing them to promote a new club we are going to start about wellbeing – looking at yoga, mindfulness, gratitude, meditation etc etc. I felt o nervous and mouth went very dry but I coped – hopefully tomorrow will now be easier.

OH out the back surrounded by blue smoke (!) as we have bought a new kitchen as mentioned last week and are due to have a small extension – he is just digging something up and he has found a gas pipe. Oh dear. No idea what will happen now but he says that has bu**ered up our plans. He does tend to overreact but I think this might be a problem!
    Desperate for half term now………….

OMG Shere, I would be freaking out that he was going to blow the street up lol

I have finally got on plans for my kitchen, just need the price to see if I can afford it, last of the lottery win, fingers crossed.

Tammy xxx

Oh I don’t envy you with new kitchens…. just been there and done that….it is hell whilst it’s going on, mind you my new kitchen is worth it now it’s finally finished. We had takeaways for days cost us Β£s and lbs….. hehe

Hope you get your gas sorted soon Shera

Hope all fasters are staying strong.. almost over now

Audrey xx

Viewing 50 posts - 12,201 through 12,250 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.