Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 3 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,551 through 11,600 (of 35,381 total)

• Ellie, good for you. Glad you’ve had a brilliant time!

Hi Ellie…

Glad you are back….feeling refreshed….and ready to go…

Your holiday sounded great eaten and drunk a lot but a lot of excerise as well….swimming at this time of the year..❄️❄️❄️❄️You must of had surfing suits on?? Beach sports sounded better for me…and cliff walking….lol

Food and drinks sounded exciting so much to choose from…

Battle down to finals now and your gap year..

Jean xx

I’m so pleased! Didn’t know what to expect as didn’t weigh to see how much I put on in Portugal the week before last but just been to WW and lost 2.5lb from my weight the previous week! So this week lost holiday gain plus another 2.5lb!! Wow! I’m definitely going to continue.
    Anyway… washing is in and I’ve been summoned to assist OH out the front to weed and help while he is cutting them hedge.

Looking forward to nice meal out later xx

Good luck to any fasters today.

Wow lots of posts!!
    So a collective hi, well done and good luck!

Off out into the countryside for a walk. Hope it stays dry as we have no coats with us. Might even be tempted to leave the fleeces in the car.

Having a 4 day weekend and spent yesterday afternoon planting up my seedlings etc. Everything coming on well but in the safety of the greenhouse. May have to bring some indoors if the temperature drops though.

Ended up at the pub early evening yesterday etc etc. I do wish I didn’t like the taste of alcohol!

Right boots on so off we go.

X

Jean someone called jean followed my FB page but just coincidence, am delighted that you are inspired to move more, it does wonders fior your health.
    Sarah I am only 4ft 10.5 (the half inch is crucial) but I have the heart and the stomach of a 6ft 10 warrior!
    Kay I have am allotment am just pooping down to water my seedlings they are definitely staying in the greenhouse as we are due a cold snap next week.
    Worked everyone SO HARD in both classes this morning it was FAB x

Afternoon All..

Back from a most lovely carvery and lovely chat with friends….we are going to a very large caravan bash at the end of May so trying to sort out what we are going to do…PS Sandringham…lol

Shera…
    What a great loss 5 lbs you are doing something right….and after holidays…nice to know you are needed in the garden…..my OH is asleep and there’s grass to cut…😂

Kay…
    You are being brave without coats on….lovely and warm here sat outside, the sun disappeared and it was really cold…

My herbs are in and out, all the time….hoping the weather calms down soon…

Mrs O…
    I am not aware I have tapped into anything unless it was on you site…not sure now..😬 If I have it was not intentional…

I am not very good really, fumble along on line but getting better. Does your daughter help you? You are a tiny 4′ 10 1/2, you really get them moving…Rottweiler springs to mind…🤣😂😅

Going to step daughters next weekend now so not doing much tomorrow….

Jean x

Hi all

I have had a very busy day sorting out the Plaster in my electric cupboard. When they fitted the kitchen the electrician must have cracked a piece off… it fell down last week!!

Anyhow after a phone call from the daughter tonight I have hit the sherry….she is threatening to move back home…..

Hope your day has been better than mine back tomorrow

Aud x

Audrey…
    Sorry on your family problems hope she reconsiders and tomorrow is a better day for her…hope the plasterer sorted your cupboard out…

Enjoy your sherry you sound as if you need it…

Xx

Jean

I am on my 2nd glass…. haha lol 🍷🍷
    Aud x

Hope you enjoyed your sherry Aud but sorry about your daughter.

Jean, we did without fleeces on our 6.8 miles walk 🙂 Lovely walk in the countryside.

X

Morning all

Much better today thanks, just need to have a long conversation with Zoe later today….. wish me luck. As much as I would love to see more of my grandson it wouldn’t be fair to uproot him from his school and friends plus the take him away from his dad…

I am hoping I can manage your calm her down. All the sherry has put my weight back up so I need to steer clear today!

Hope everyone has a happy Sunday, back later

Audrey x

Morning All…

A lovely sunny day here the calm before the storm…lol

A few jobs in the garden this morning, grass cut before the weather changes…a couple of repairs on the top of fences, so paint out again but only a tweeny bit honest….lol

Packing later food and clothes ready for an early start tomorrow, hoping to be away from home about 9.30… a couple of hours run to site…I was hoping for shorts but my cozy boots, fleeces and long sleeved things are being packed….and no BBQ..😟..we are high in the Dales so don’t know if phone and wifi will work catch you as and when….but all have a good week….I shall take my scales but don’t know if I will be good or not, the merlot has been packed! Although it did come back last time unopened..😀

Kay…
    You did well without your fleeces I did wonder you are much further south than the chilly north…lol…I bet it was lovely..

Audrey…
    It is a worry when things go wrong hope things settle down for the little ones….it depends if they can talk it through as we know something’s don’t change. It’s better out of a bad relationship if things can’t improve. It’s been going on a while. ( I think) Could she give it 6 months to change things around for the problems to be rectified then make a decision…. 💕💕

Hemmy..
    Our resident Blackbird has brought his 3 fledglings to be fed every day, I am on food duty we always are but more on the ball now…they are getting stronger each day…..must leave loads out this week while away to keep him topped up…have a lovely weekend..

Have a good weekend everybody….All strong for next week…

Jean x

Jean have a great time away, we too are away at our van from tomorrow until Thursday or Friday… we are hoping to sort the hardstanding out whilst we are away, which means moving the caravan off its pitch for a couple of hours..
    Looking at the weather is think thermals may be packed…

Audrey xx

Morning everyone

Ellie, glad you’re back and that you had chance to relax and recharge. It’s sounds like it was exactly what you needed.

Shera, well done on the 2.5lb loss plus holiday gain. Hope you had a lovely meal out, being able to fast one day and eat out another is what keeps this WOL sustainable.

Audrey, pleased your FD went well on Friday. We all need a small sherry or 2 sometimes, especially when dealing with family issues. Our children are a great source of happiness, but that seems to come with equal amounts of stress. GCSEs are currently our source of stress, but it doesn’t seem to get any easier as they get older.

Jean, the weather seems so changeable at the moment you need to pack for all eventualities. We don’t seem to have too many of the ‘April showers’ so far here though.

Kay, you must have got the blood pumping on your walk yesterday, if you’d worn your fleece you’d have end up carrying it. It was a lovely day here yesterday.

So, had my first FD for a while on Friday and it was a great success. Managed liquids only and dropped 2.4lb in one day. I know though that my previous day was artificially high due to water retention (salty food). Yesterday managed to stay really controlled and lost another 0.4lb. A good FD is such a motivator.

Today I’ll have some KFC chicken and salad. About once a month Hannah brings food when she comes home from work and it would be rude to refuse when it’s half price. Salt will probably mean a slight gain tomorrow but hey ho.

Have a great day everyone

Lynne x

Have two friends running the marathon OH is down there supporting (I have been working). Wish it was me it’s such an amazing day (even though my last one was quite hideous) you completely forget the pain!

Morning all!

Thank you everyone – it really was such a great holiday. I think I slept around 11 hours every night too. Clearly I needed it! Jean – being in the sea surfing I definitely need a wetsuit. But for a quick dip, a bikini is fine. Although I do emerge all shades of pink and blue! Carvery sounds lovely. I’m also very impressed you’ve managed to pack wine before and not drink it! Very restrained.

Shera – amazing loss! Keep on going!

Audrey – hope it all goes alright later today.

Lynne – well done! I’m glad it was such a successful FD on Friday – a nice push in the right direction. The KFC will taste all the better for it.

Mrs O – I can’t believe you’ve run a marathon! I could never even dream of it.

It’s a FD for me today. Feels like forever since my last, but really it’s only been a little over a week. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

Holed up in the library for the day with coffee. Here we go again…

x

Mrs O I have several friends running in the London Marathon today too! I used to be a member of running clubs but sadly since moving and my partner having surgery on his achilles which stopped his running for good, I no longer run either. Nice watching the Facebook comments from them though 🙂

Happy St George’s Day everyone. Have a nice Sunday. Still pleasant here. I don’t think the weather changes til Tuesday..

Have done London four times it gets addictive, would never have been able to do this year anyway because of knee pain (ITB syndrome) but def want to do a fifth. I love running and really really miss it at the moment even though I do lots of other training nothing chills me out like a run.
    When I first started was huge (didn’t know I had thyroid issue) and could not run for a minute, I persevered and did my first marathon before I was diagnosed, it was never that hard again. Anyone can do it if you train
    Kay achillies is hard and it never repairs properly that’s tough

Afternoon all.
    Last night’s meal was lovely. We had a really enjoyable evening.
    Had very slow start to today. Back at work tomorrow so trying to make today last as long as possible!
    Been snuggled up on the sofa with OH and Cooper (greyhound) watching episodes of Walking Dead. Will go and pick up OH car from the restaurant in a bit. We took taxi back as had enjoyed a few cocktails.
    I am pondering what to do about the gym. When I am being good and am motivated I go at 6am for opening. I like to be at work as soon as I can after 7.30am so it is a military operation! There is a spin class at 6.15 – 7. But then I don’t get to work until about 8. I have been doing c25k on and off so that tends to work time wise. Now I’m back on track food wise and doing 5.2 I want to get back into more regular exercise and I do love spin, I’m just worried about getting to work early to make a good start to the day. Hmmm.. well whatever happens I’m not going tomorrow as I have things I need to do before the school day starts so need as munch time as poss before 830. Then it’s fast days tues and Thurs.

I’m really craving coffee and walnut cake. Random I know but I really fancy some. I live next door to a coop shop but I just theirs will not hit the spot! Haha.

I worked in advertising for 20 years and ALWAYS performed better in work after exercising. When we had a knotty problem I would go out fir a run and come back calm, focused and with an answer. The hour running made me at least twice as productive. Go to spin. Work is always there

Afternoon All..

Busy afternoon, grass cut and painting done…first coat decking, I wasn’t going to but it’s so nice…another coat later hopefully.

All packed more or less, a joint of ham cooked for FD tomorrow night.

Audrey..
    The season starts…lol…have a lovely time hope you get the pitch sorted depending on the weather …lots of warm clothes packed here and boots!

Lynne..
    Enjoy the KFC , always nice when half priced and you are not cooking yourself…..

Ellie..
    Hope the library revision went well…it will soon be over….I laughted at your colours hope your skin matched your bikini….lol

Mrs O…
    Well done on 5 marathons….our neighbours run marathons, 2 adults and now their 3 children..she did london last year, but the family now go all over, New York, Paris, California in 4 weeks, Southampton, Disney Florida…they must of done at least 4 up to now this year…when she first started she lost 5 stone in weight…she runs now because it balances her red wine, or so she says…lol

Shera…
    You are all making me feel guilty at all the excerise you are all doing…lol

Kay…
    Hang on to the weather the cold is on its way…still it’s lovely here today…

Jean x

Hi all

A lovely long dog walk along the coastline today. Quite cold but we were well wrapped up. There was a bit of sun at times but it seems Spring is at an end for a while and back on with winter coats. Didn’t eat until 4 today but then it was a cheese scone and supper will be a salmon, brwon rice, broccoli and other veg with chilli concoction. Will be fasting tomorrow. I need a really good controlled week as out for family meal to celebrate OH’s bday on Friday. Tasting menu with wine flight. Looks yummy but full on….

Shera, very well done on weight loss. You’ve made a great start. I am with Mrs O on this one and I speak as a workaholic of many years standing. Do your spin class as something for you and then you will be more effective anyway.

Lynne, great you managed a successful fast. You’re right it really does get you back in the right frame of mind.

Audrey, those of us with grandchildren, no matter how much we adore them and want to see lots of them, can totally recognise that what you are envisaging is a real worst case scenario. I would definitely not want that. I really hope it doesn’t come to it. Lots of people have rocky times and get it sorted out. I hope this is one of those times.

Jean, Audrey have great breaks away this week. We are still talking campervans but waiting for the work hell of the next couple of months to subside before we make any decisions. We do keep saying things like …we could just cook bacon sarnies and eat fish and chips or pub meals at night. Camping food sounds a bit carby the way we are talking about it…..

Hemmy, hope you are doing ok. Thinking about you.

Have a great evening everyone xx

I’ve had a lovely dog walk too. A place called Arley. Lovely stroll along the riverside in the sun. Took some food and sat on a bench listening to the sheep baaing!!

What dog breed do you have Sarah?

Thanks for your encouragement too both regarding the gym. I will take your advice 😀

Hi Shera

We have a Finnish Laphund called Gretel. She looks a bit like a cross between a hairy Collie and a GSD with a curled up tail. She is 6 now but they tend to be very long lived fingers crossed. But we also often have my daughter’s 18 month old Lab with us. We took him today and he had a full on swim in the sea. Gretel only paddles and it is just as well because she is very fluffy. They get on really well together. What do you have?

Sarah…
    I can’t talk about campervans but in the caravan we have exactly the same food as what we have at home…some thought has to go into it and a bit of planning ahead..

I have done three course Christmas dinner a couple of times, roasties, Yorkshire Pudds, etc and wine, champagne, brandy and then the sleep follows….lol

As soon as our BBQ is out and better weather … I am having a go at a chicken curry from scratch I will take my ricer with me…. I never do sausages or beef burgers ..I like proper food!….. I sit outside with my wine, shouting orders at my sou chef, what more can you want….he is a love…

It is so relaxing, peaceful and you sleep like a log….give it some thought…🚐🍷🍺….we can give you some tips…lol

Jean x

We have a rescue greyhound. She is coming up to 9. Still behaves like she is about 3!

Very anxious at times but much better than she used to be. A bit like me!!!!

Sarah

Many years ago I had a campervan. Do you have an oven in it or just a hob?

Like Jean we eat more or less as we do at home I batch cook meals and freeze to take with us..

Aud x

Jean, you are selling it so well! And I like a bit of yelling at a sous chef. LOL? I do think you are a miracle worker doing Christmas dinner in one though. We would only be getting a small one and they tend to be two burner only, no oven. But I can imagine must be lovely to do Christmas in a lovely spot, overlooking the sea or something. Just need to get my freedom first. Xx

Aud, we don’t even have one yet, haven’t even looked at ones other than daughter’s bongo. Still at the fantasising stage. The batch cooking and freezing a v good idea. It really has to be a campervan rather than caravan as OH just won’t consider towing and I am a rubbish driver so he does the majority of it.

Shera, I like all dogs but sadly Gretel really doesn’t like greyhounds and whippets or any dog which is suspiciously thin or Nofolk Terriers for some reason. She is a chunky breed so it may be figure envy. Don’t know what it is. No greyhound has had a go at her than we know of, it is the other way round. She has to go straight back on the lead if we see one and we forever scanning the horizon on the watch. We love her to death and my OH has trained her really well but there are a couple of issues where she is really a pain.

Sorry Sarah

Just presumed you had one. If/when I do buy a small microwave then u can reheat your own food…

We have a border collie who is racist he doesn’t like black dogs especially Labradors…. 🐶🐶..

Aud x

Sarah…
    You could always buy a small oven…I bought one for daughter when going to uni.

The RV s have an awning or a small tent at the side, you could put an oven there…I would think…like Aud I batch cook and freeze, I can have a full dinner ready in 20 mins..

It’s so exciting….

My BBQ is Cadac, it has many different pans, I cooked a full chicken in it last year..
    Xx

Jean

Forgot to say it’s been dry on Anglesey so the move is on…. now just need to pack the van up!!😥😥…

Aud x

Audrey..
    Good luck hope you get your jobs done…and enjoy your week away we are back Friday..snow permitting..lol

We have been busy doing outside jobs, I got the second coat on the decking today, I have enough paint to do another…when I come back…so we are away for a rest….

Hoping to keep on line but up in the hills in The Dales so fingers crossed…we will be fasting tomorrow..

Hope things go OK with Zoe and it calms down….if it isn’t one thing it’s another I don’t think it ever gets easy…better when you could put them down and they went to sleep…lol

Jean x

Thanks Jean

She has been quiet today so I am hoping it’s a case of no news is good news.. ..i really thought she had settled down now….

Will be glad of the break and we are on holiday in a couple of weeks…

Enjoy the Dales….

Aud x

Sheera, you dont mean Arley near Bewdley do you???

Love all the talk about campervans and caravans….still not warm enough for us to get the tent out yet….definitely not this week…

Yes Kaye! Do you know it then?

Kay…
    Won’t be long now for you and the tent will be going up….maybe in May…😀

Xx

Aud, luckily daughter’s lab is of the yellow variety. Although when my children were little I had a spaniel who also hated black male dogs and led to great embarrassment when I ran out of the papershop to stop a kerfuffle from his tied up spot with a back lab and went wittering on apologising about him just hating black males and trying to calm him down only to look up into the eyes of the owner of the other dog….who was a black male himself. Beam me up!

Aud and Jean, I feel a flurry of excitement after your camping talk. That BBQ sounds good! I agree life goes right downhill after you let them out of cots….I am only half joking….the boomerang generation…

Kay, back in the day when we lived in Warwickshire Bewdley was a regular haunt for a walk start. Many a bag of chips from chip shop there and a mini bottle of chilled wine from the offy have been consumed after a long walk in the sun. Happy days pre my OH’s illness.

Morning all

We are getting ready for our mini break keep fingers crossed for dry weather so we can get tidy of the pond under our van!

Sarah your story about black dogs made me chuckle it’s something I would do too, our sonny will let any little dogs push him around and play with him but anything black or bigger than him then it’s game on!

I have been on scales 1lb down…

Will post again either later today or tomorrow good luck Monday fasters I am with you..

Audrey x

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A cloudy start after a decent week-end. Sat and Sun found us sitting in the sun from 4-6pm although in our coats. Lol.

Kristy coming from Wed till Sun so will be nice to catch up. A trip to Stratford probably on the cards .. we like to visit at this time of year.

Aud… Kristy is busy in her job.. a partner I have yet to meet. lol I will see if he lasts a while as I don’t feel I can take another one as family .. still communicate with the last one. Lol I just want to see her happy and settled.

I Hope the same for your family. Enjoy your break have a nice rest. Well done on that lb . You will soon get back to it. Xx

Sym.. you too have a lovely break. Rest those bones after all the painting. Lol.
    Enjoy your ham tonight. Xx

Have a good day everyone… Xx

Brit lovelies..

Laugh when you can,
    apologize when you should,
    and let go of what you can’t change.
    Life’s too short to be anything… but happy Xx

There you go then Girls. Lolol. Xx

You might get sick less often
    If you enjoy a glass of vino after a hard-earned day, here’s how you’re doing right by your body.
    While it’s no replacement for a healthy diet loaded with all of the illness-fighting vitamins and nutrients you need, research has found that wine possesses immune system-boosting benefits. ‘The antioxidants in wine increases heart-healthy HDL cholesterol as well as keeping the immune system strong,’ says Kristine Arthur, MD, internist at Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley, California. ‘HDL helps to prevent ‘bad’ plaque build-up in the arteries, which can also help prevent heart attacks and strokes.’ 

Morning everyone! Oh my word, so many posts over the weekend, so apologies as per every Monday for not responding personally.

Hemmy, the weekend weather was nice, but I was the same on Saturday .. jacket was on off, on off, on off, as the sun came out LOL! It was nice though 🙂

Yesterday we went to an open day at a local animal sanctuary .. I do love to support it. Everyone who works there is a volunteer and they look after the animals SO well. My problem is that I want to take them all home with me at the end of the day 🙁 If I didn’t work full-time, I’d definitely take some of them!

I’m back at work, its a FD and I’m feeling positive. My weigh-in from now is Friday morning, and I’m hoping for a good loss this week. Every week counts now, its just a month until I’m on holiday and need to make more changes to myself before then!

Have a great day everyone.

Back soon xx

Morning All..
    No sun here today…gone for the week?

Quick post before just getting last fresh food together, hoping to be off in a hour or so..

Audrey…
    Well done on the pound off, a good start…..enjoy your break and I hope you get your pitch sorted but don’t do too much…watch your back…..and sherry’s…lol

I hope to be good ish..😀

Hemmy..
    Enjoy your time with Kirsty something to look forward too..and also your day out in Stratford.

Decking looking good this morning…I shall do one coat more to use paint up or it will go off…when back..

Sarah…
    All this talk about dogs, half our forum must be dog walking….I have Oscar coming in August for a week, I have lost the grandchildren staying over, it’s now moved over to dog sitting!

We are fasting today…let’s keep strong together…I will be in and out as I can…back Friday..

Jean x

Morning ladies

I have had a good weekend, looking out camping stuff for next weekend.

I was arguing with myself over whether to fast today, my heart isn’t in it at the moment, but have just polished off my daughters left over syrup porridge, so that will be no fast then.

Have a good one all.

You have all had interesting weekends.

Catch you later

Tammy xxx

Morning. I’m so glad some of you encouraged me to go to spin as I did and I feel great. It’s a bit of a rush to get showered and ready for work but I got here at 8 so still a bit earlier than the start of the school day to get set up. I’m counting Ww points today then fast tomorrow. Have a great day xx

Well done it’s my day off today and am about to go and do a workout. Have a great day x

Morning all, I’m with DF and catching up with all the weekend posts – I always have good intentions of being here at the weekend but never happens lol.

Had a strangely quiet weekend, bf away and my boy was off with in-laws for a birthday celebration so I played golf and treated myself to home cooked fish & chips (inspired by Jean) with mushy peas and white (!!!) bread & butter – heaven and washed down with half a bottle of red. Felt so naughty but all calorie counted.

My daily morning weigh made me almost squeal – it started with a 9! only by an ounce but I’m in the 9’s, hopefully still be there on my new official weigh-in on Friday.

I have kicked the sugar too now, currently drinking black coffee at work and have had no sweetener in 5 days. I’m very pleased with myself.

Fasting today but need to make the base of lemon meringue tonight so hopefully I’ll keep my fingers out of the bowl lol!

Have a great day all. Clare x

Mid-way through!

Clare, a quiet weekend is sometimes SO good 🙂 Your home cooked fish and chips (with wine) sounds absolutely delish! Great job on kicking the sugar. I only have sugar in my first coffee of the day, then I can manage without 🙂 Also, WELL DONE on getting into the 9’s! You must feel amazing, not to mention motivated to carry on 🙂

Mrs O, hope you had a great workout. I managed Zumba this morning, and have just been for a 30 minute walk 🙂 Feel so great afterwards 🙂

So, half way through my first FD of the week. Reading posts is definitely keeping me motivated today 🙂

We are strong girlies!!

Enjoy the afternoon 🙂

Weather definitely changed. Glad I still have my boots out and not just the sandals in the wardrobe.

I jumped on the scales this morning 🙁
    Really annoyed with myself. I was doing so well. No maintenance, no small gain even.
    I have to reveal that today I am up half a stone from where I was a few weeks ago 🙁
    Only myself to blame, well apart from the IBS problems I’m still having.
    I’ve been eating way above TDEE and not fasting – not rocket science. I have to get my head back round to fasting.
    Today is the day. Black coffee, herb teas and fizzy water until dinner time and then 400 cal max.

I need to do this!

Jean and Audrey, enjoy your breaks, hope you manage to get out and about in spite of what the weather does.

I don’t think I’m fasting alone, but can’t remember who’s fasting.

Clare, well done with your result. How fantastic. I want to join you with the 9 something! I did it before and will do it again 🙂

OK off to do stuff to keep busy. Not in work until tomorrow 😉

Viewing 50 posts - 11,551 through 11,600 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.