Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,895 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hedgehogs 2 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,501 through 11,550 (of 35,381 total)

• We will work it though…πŸ’•X

Night all

Thanks for the welcome back. Will be back tomorrow to do my fast…

Aud x

Just a quick post to say wecome back Audrey. So lovely to see you back! Sometimes you just need to do something different for a while but you have been much missed here. Xxx

Night night all xx

Ps fasting tomorrow too!

Audrey great to have you back, you have been missed, how is the kitchen? , and your back? , I had a short break as well, sometimes it’s just what the doctor orders, and mentally good to not constantly think about eating and not eating, I too just started back this week, so we are all in it together.

Mother made a lovely lemon and cream sponge cake for my daughters birthday, it was good, but still half of it in the fridge.

Have decided to take Rhiannon camping next weekend, first one this year,and you’ve guessed it they say snow next week lol, lucky I ordered a heater to take with us.

Tammy xxx

Morning all…been up since 4 working on the minutes of last night’s meeting (the convenor was off sick – man flu!) so I reckon that’s extended my FD long enough and I’m for breakfast in a few minutes.

But you don’t want to think about food…Audrey and Sarah (and others?) – you have a FD to conquer and you will do brilliantly at it! It feels so good to get things back under control, to tackle the post-sugar bluuehh (don’t know how to spell that noise!) Easter leaves us with. You can weather the low spots today, the momentary hunger because you know these things don’t last, and most of all, thinks to Aud, you know that…

‘Together we are stronger!’ Wahey!

(…but I’m off for toast and honey – sorry!)

Mx

Morning everyone and thank you Minols – very encouraging.

1lb down today. Thank goodness! It only gets me back to where I was the week before Easter but I am very happy to be 10lbs from goal (again). I just couldn’t seem to get back on track after Easter. It was the milk chocolate and cake! Makes me realise just how addictive sugar is. Feel much more back in the zone now.

Happy birthday JeanπŸŒ·πŸπŸŒΊπŸŒΎπŸ’πŸΎπŸ·πŸΈ πŸŽ‚ That cake is virtual!! 68 is the new 48. I can never tell how old people are. Being slim and healthy in retirement is so worth working for. You are a testiment to that. Have a lovely day xx

Clare, 30 years is still a good long time to amass a good pension pot. Check out a blog called Monevator for proper financial long term planning. I wish I had found it long ago. It is my other regular go to forum but I don’t comment, just read the updates once every couple of weeks. I’ve learned a lot from it.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all,

Jean, 🎢 Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jean, Happy birthday to you.πŸŽ΅πŸΎπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰ Have a wonderful birthday.

Sarah, well done on the weight loss this week.

Minols, 4am!! 😲 I don’t know how you do it. Enjoy your breakfast.

Unfortunately I have finished the week 1lb up since last Friday 😒 I am a bit annoyed as I was on target for a loss this week until yesterday morning but just bad timing. Never mind, it’ll go. I know what it is at least.

Have a good day everyone. I’m off to my friends this evening, the one who gets married in St Lucia next month, as she has no idea what to take or wear so we need to get her sorted. I’m looking forward to it.

xx

Morning everyone …

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEAN! Have a wonderful day πŸ™‚ Sending lots of love your way πŸ™‚

Audrey πŸ™‚ welcome back. I look forward to getting to know you better, I know before your break you were always SO supportive to me, even though I was new to the group … believe me, you’ve been missed around here!

Thanks to the support, I managed to get through my FD yesterday. I was SO hungry though lol .. NFD today, and its nice to know I can eat if I need to! I did do a sneaky weigh in last night, and was 2lb down .. woo hoo!

Good luck with the day, whether fasting or otherwise.

Stay strong! xxx

Morning all

Happy birthday Jean, have a great day…

I am ready for my fast day my soup is out the freezer, only liquids until this evening’s meal… Scales are looking good for a loss on Monday…Sarah we are in this together we can do this!

Have a great day everybody and thanks for your welcome back messages….

Audrey x

Happy burthday Jean you are in your prime I truly believe us women get better with age!

Sarah thanks for the compliment, most PTs are in their 20s and have the body beautiful so am old in comparison but I keep having to remind myself that’s my selling point

Drank a fair bit of wine at the quiz eve last night so will have an interesting FD. Liquids only until 6 ish, it’s only one day I chant. We did come third which is much better than the second to last we achieved in the last quiz we did. I did have two people with PHDs and an oxford alumni on the team this tine.

Audrey I am new here but you should be really proud of yourself, it’s hard to pick up and try again. Laspese hapoen to everyone it’s how you deal with them that counts.

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

Cloudy start for FD today.

Sym .. Happy Birthday to you dear friend. Hope you enjoy your special day.

Very best wishes are sent to you. Xx

Aud… Yippee.. soo glad to see our Aud back with us. Xx Made my day when I saw you here this morning. You have been missed very much. You are always so very supportive to all.

You will soon get back to it .. good to take a break though now and again. It sort of feels easy when you come back.

Good luck with your Fast today… think there are quite a few of us doing it. So pleased to have you back Aud. Xxxxxxxxxxx

Well girls we can do this in Auds words .. Together we are stronger.

Brit Lovelies..Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success. Xx

Thanks Hemmy I have missed you also…

Mrs o thank you too for your support its good to be back!

Just need Ginette back now also!

Back later good luck everyone fast or non fast enjoy your day.

Together we are stronger

Audrey xx

Sarah… Well done on that lb down this week … no mean feat after Easter .. well done Girl. Xx

Angela .. You know what that lb is so it will soon vanish again and more I reckon. I never worry unless I see more than a 3lbs gain in a week. It all changes soo quickly thank goodness. Xx

DF.. 2 lbs down… try to keep that going.. When is your weigh in? Enjoy your eating day ( Gently) Lolol. Xx

Morning all.
    Happy birthday Jean!
    I had a dreadful night. Felt really hungry but couldn’t escape to bed until 11 as that’s the routine my OH has created for the last time to pug the dog out. She barked at 2 so I got up to put her out. Then struggled to get back to sleep. She then barked at 6 ish so I fed her and left back door slightly open. And she then has just barked since til I gave up and got up at 8. So tired. OH on his way back from airport thank goodness.
    Anyway, going out for lunch to catch up. Probably just to a Harvester or something. Got to control myself as will go to weight watchers tomorrow. Thing is I don’t know what I weighed at the start of the week to know if I’ve losT because we were in Portugal last week and I know I definitely put on while there. My last weigh in the week before I was 12 st 12. I suppose if I’m the same that would be ok as it means I’ve lost any holiday gain.
    I am 5 feet 10 and look my best at 11 st 10. Fingers crossed.
    Stay strong fasters today. Xxx

Morning All..

A dull day here…

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, these birthdays seem to come around quicker….lol… Mrs O listen for my 21 gun salute, you might hear it….the Queen and I always share it…lol

Well I am the same again and Steve up 2 lbs….?…we eat the same!….no comment today we will push on…

Tammy..
    Hope the weather improves although we are up in The Dales so we might have snow….Oh lovely lemon cake, one of my favourites…still I have a few favourites..πŸ˜‚

Minols…
    Up at 4 am …that’s early….that’s the sort of thing my daughter does with school work…enjoy your brekkie…

Sarah…
    Good news a pound down, well done…I like the idea of 48 but I will have 55 that’s I think is about right…lol

Angela…
    Hope you sort the brides clothes out tonight, it sounds like a wine night…we are like you hovering with a couple of pounds….better next week…

DF…
    Looks good for you on the scales hope it stays with you..

Audrey…
    Really pleased you are back, I think we keep everybody together and accountable with our ups and downs…have a good FD and keep strong…xxxxx

Mrs O..
    I think we age in a relaxing laid back way…keep our body moving and healthy. Well done on the quiz, third is more than we could achieve…

Hemmy…
    Have a good fast day…we are off for Haddock and chips then maybe call at the pub…we don’t do much for birthdays put all the money into holidays..

It would be good to get Ginette back and focussed again…

Shera..
    Hope you sleep better tonight, it’s awful when the nights like that….you must see what you can do with your dog to quite him down……..good luck on your weigh in….

Have a good day fasters …keep strong…

Jean x

Hi Hemmy .. I usually weigh on a Monday morning, but I’m seeing the nicer results on a Friday, after my weekly FD’s and exercise, so I’m thinking of going with the Friday weigh as the “official” one. I have been sneaking in mid-week weigh-ins of late .. just another thing to frustrate me lol. Hmm, yes I think I’ll use Fridays as the weigh-in day from now …

Jean .. Enjoy your day πŸ™‚ Haddock and chips and then the pub sounds a perfect day to me πŸ™‚

Shera .. sorry you had a disturbed night, that’s really not good. Hope you get some rest tonight .. take care!

Good luck with the day everyone xx

Sym.. Enjoy that Haddock and chips.. and a few wines at the pub. Sounds perfect to me. XXXXXXX

DF.. Yes I reckon its good to weigh after your FD days… go for it tomoz and keep at least a lb at bay today. Good luck. Xx

Morning all!

Audrey welcome back, so pleased to see you on here again, it will very quickly feel like you’ve never been away!

Jean happy birthday lovely! Well done for being restrained yesterday – in more ways than one lol!

Sarah, well done on the loss the goal is back in sight. Thanks for the website recommendation I will take a look – I have every penny accounted for at the minute but would be good to see what I can be doing to plan for the future.

Minols what an early start! Hope you’ve got an easy day planned, definitely deserve the toast & honey.

Gotto chin up, you know why and it will soon shift. Enjoy your evening with your friend.

DF well done for getting through yesterday, I was thinking about you as I was cooking my tea at 8pm wondering if you were as hungry as me! I often think I should change my weigh in to today after my 2nd fast – if you are I think I might too.

Think there were a few more but can’t scroll back up!

Got through my fast day yesterday with cals to spare – my new favourite fast day tea is lentil & spinach dahl, normally with fish & roasted veg but last night I just ate 2 portions straight out of the bowl on their own, only 103 cals each so no problem.

It’s our fortnightly mac & trees tonight, my son is so excited bless him, maybe a bit of salad with mine.

Just had my first coffee without sugar! I never have it very strong as I’m a real baby but gradually reducing the sugar/sweetener was annoying me so I’m having none! If I can stick to it I’ll be really pleased.

Have a great day all. Clare x

Hi All…

DF…
    Definitely weigh in at the morning after your last fast of the week…it must be your lowest weight…I feel it is…it lets me have Friday off πŸ˜‚

Clare…
    Keep with the no sugar for coffee, after a week you will start to notice…you might like me then not like it with and not like it without….keep firm with No sugar…

I couldn’t possibly have it with sugar now, if I pick up Steve’s I am nearly sick!!!

Counted my cards..I have 16 Birthday and a Mother’s Day card…lol…they have just come out in America later date than ours…

I might not have lost weight today but I have lost 32 lbs and 17 1/2 inches lost all over, the last 18 months including 7 belt holes and another one nearly pending..πŸ˜€…I am really chuffed really…

Decided off to Next need some new jeans…

Jean x

Clare .. we did it! I was ravenous at about 8pm LOL! Lets make Friday our weigh-in day then … from now πŸ™‚ xx

Jean .. hope you find some lovely jeans .. I do like Next clothes πŸ™‚ xx

Hemmy & Jean, thanks .. decided my weigh in day will be Friday from now on πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ xxx

Hope everyone else doing well xx

Aww, Clare bless your son for getting excited about Mac and Trees, my son used to be the same way when I made pasta with cheese and tuna lol!!

Enjoy! xx

Morning everyone

Happy birthday Jean, enjoy the haddock and shopping trip and if you end up in the pub, have one for me.

Definitely a Friday feeling on here this morning.

Sarah, well done one the pound, I know it’s a gain for me this week.

DF, 2lb is a great loss. I’m with you and going to change my official weigh day to Saturday (after last fast) – every little helps.

Minols, 4am is a very early start, hope it was planned and not because you couldn’t sleep.

Angela, have a great time with your friend. I’m sure a couple of glasses will be called for and you’ll be showing a loss next week.

Shera, glad OH is back today and can take on dog duty. Any chance of a lie in to catch up on missed sleep tomorrow?

Tammy, I don’t think I could brave camping at any time, never mind with snow forecast. You Scots are a tough breed.

Clare, love the mac & trees, girls always loved pasta, cheese sauce with a variety of veg when they were younger, and they had it again recently – they’d forgotten how good it is.

Mrs O, the quiz sounds a success, great way of raising funds and having some fun.

Hemmy, Aud, Mrs O, I’m with you today on FD. First for a while, so I’ll take comfort I’m not doing this alone.

Have a great day everyone

Lynne x

Morning ladies

Well done all the losses

Nfd for me again

Lynn, I find camping totally relaxing, I also find a lot of vodka makes it that way lol.

Have a good one all, stay strong the fasters

Tammy xxx

Tammy,

I’d not factored in the vodka effect. Makes perfect sense now. In fact I’m told vodka can make anything make sense, but I’m a gin girl personally.

Lynne x

Lynn πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thankyou I needed that laugh.

Xxx

Clare.. Like Sym.. I don’t take sugar in tea or coffee. A sugared one would make me feel sick too. I cured myself by eliminating a bit at a time. Xx

Well how is everyone doing today… I have had a banana… and a cup of milky coffee. Planned a slice of toast with an ounce of cheese and a tomato about 4pm then toast and a dry fried egg about 7pm. Have to include some carbs girls.. else I will just had protein then cheat later with some carb. Lolol Good job we are all different. This seems to work for me.

Must share.. so very chuffed. Lol… Yesterday in a charity shop picked up a smart pair of 3/4 trousers in black. Size 12 BUT with petite written on the label. Tags still on.

Anyway … really fancied them for the garden … they were only Β£2 o took them to the till and said to the guy serving.. I wont bother trying them. Then to the amusement of some elderly ladies .. when he gave me the receipt to exchange … I replied ” I don’t need the receipt thank you… If they don’t fit I will frame them and look at them everyday. Lol

Well who would have thought it … just tried them and they fir perfectly… YES… Who would have thought that size 16/18 woman that came here would be wearing a 12 petite … I would never have imagined it in my wildest dreams.

YES WE CAN ALL DO THIS TOGETHER .. may have a few hiccups along the way but there is always someone here for support.

THANK you All OF YOU XXXXXXXXX

So all of a sudden I have got all of your posts through at once! I thought perhaps it’s quieter now…. haha…

I am going strong but looking forward to my pea and ham soup later…

Stay strong my fellow fasters, Hemmy size 12…. that’s the size I have in my wardrobe that’s now too tight… I will get back to them…I too am a petite all 5feet 2inch of me!

Back later

Audrey xx

Hemmy … WOOOO HOOOO that’s fantastic … size 12 petite! You’ve done an amazing job πŸ™‚ Love it!! xxx

Audrey … glad your days going well πŸ™‚ Your soup will taste so good later πŸ™‚

I’m counting down till home time now .. love Fridays πŸ™‚ No alarm in the morning .. heaven!

If I don’t get back on here today, have a wonderful weekend. It feels very positive at the moment πŸ™‚

Love to you all xxx

ps. I can have a glass of vino tonight .. so cheers everyone πŸ˜€ xx

Hemmy size 12 is a distant dream, it must feel great to get into the smaller sizes.

I struggle getting trousers to fit, I’m 5’3″ (just) and everything is too long. Hannah has the opposite problem, she’s only 5’6″ but has disproportionally long arms and legs (high ape index)so for uni and KFC has to have unfinished trousers which I hem to the correct length.

The girls joke that I can wear standard cropped trousers as ‘normal’ length. It would be funny if it wasn’t true. They definitely follow Phil for their height.

Just water and coffee so far for me, hope other fasters are doing well.

Lynne x

Afternoon all. I have a wardrobe full of size 12. Few can I fit at the moment! I got rid of all my larger clothes when I lost 2.5 stone and was adamant I would never go back. Hmmm…
    That’s one of the things that got me motivated again as I’m not buying and more clothes to fit into!!!

Anyway… we went to the harvester. There was nothing wrong with the food but I just didn’t enjoy it. I felt full after the salad, left the roll I’d picked up and left some of my main. This is probably a good thing but so unlike me!

I’ve booked a restaurant for tomorrow night so that’s something to look forward to. Really don’t know what to expect from weigh in tomorrow. Whatever happens I’m glad I’m back on the 5.2.

Xx

Hi all

How are my fellow fasters doing?

I have had my soup and fruit whip now just need to survive this evening…

Back later stay strong my friends

Audrey x

Hungry will have my omlette about 7 have eaten anything yet. This time of day is always when I feel it. Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Jean come in confess you are really the queen in disguise covertly communing with us commoners. Hope Phil buys you a decent haddock and chips tonight…
    Sherpa I feel your pain I really struggle with sleep on FDs not helped by husbands snoring!

Evening All…

Really enjoyed our Haddock and chips also had a merlot which we don’t usually do…

I am joining the 12 club two pairs of jeans bought from M & S, mine a size 12 tall…lol…45 years since a 12… I must admit also to a 14 in a chino, in Next I needed a 13 so didn’t buy…

Really pleased I feel so nice….fat 40, frumpy 50 and now a sexy 60…lol

Clare…
    Enjoy your mac and trees…he is funny..

Lynne..
    I will be taking wine with me this trip…looking forward to going away, a relaxing Hawes…snow and wind…lol

Hemmy..
    Well done finding your trousers….spot on and they fit…nearly finished for the day…like you I was a tight 16 going on 18…😬

Shera…
    Hope your meals better tomorrow it’s a shame when it doesn’t hit the spot…

Audrey…
    Hope your fast is going well and it’s not too hard today…nearly there keep strong….

Mrs O…
    Did you hear my gun salute? Or too far away….lol

May I say I am staying with the Queen at Sanderingham for 5 days at the end of May…..we are like that 🀞…in her garden of course…

Lynne…
    You made me laugh, my sisters about 5′. 1″ with long arms and big hands were I am 5′. 8″.. both so different.

DF..
    Have a lovely deserved lay in, and turn that clock off…a lovely cuppa in bed….I will be joining you with a glass of something this evening..

Tammy…
    Like you being in the open air is so relaxing…just lovely to get away from everything….

Have a lovely weekend everybody…..keep strong all the fasters…hope for some good weigh ins tomorrow ..

Jean x

Hi Girls.. been a good day so far. Not really that hungry today. Its funny how some days you could eat for England. lol.

Sym … So pleased you are enjoying your day. Xx It is soo exciting to reach that magic 12. Like you, never thought I would see it again.

Sold and given away so much stuff over the years. Nice classic things I could still wear now. Never mind. I cant believe I was so excited when I went to London a while back to a dinner treat .. and went in M&S and just got into a 14 black trousers and came out wearing them. Now just buying a 12 an not even trying on. Its really come at a good time.. boosted me no end. Lol. Not going down this year come May.

I will give it another month then I am going to splash out on myself. New hairdo .. makeup etc. clothes I am coming out of the garden and back into the world this year. The time is right now. Lolol

Enjoy the rest of your lovely day. Xxxx

Hemmy…

You are right it’s going to be your year….a new hair do sounds exciting…new make up by someone doing it for you….sounds good new colours and showing you new ideas…something I would like but never have done…lol…maybe time for me too….

Time to come back in the world my friend a slim sexy you…πŸ˜€

Xxx

Hi all

I have finished my day… Just over 600 kcal so I am quite happy with that.. .
    I am off upstairs now out of harms way. Looking forward to my food tomorrow I must say…

Hemmy I like the sound of your plans new you…

Hope everyone is staying strong. Back tomorrow

Audrey x

Audrey…

Well done it’s always hard to start again…holiday or break…you have done well..eat day tomorrow something nice…

Night night

Xx

Thanks Jean

Glad you have had a good birthday

Audrey x

Sym… This is the year for all us girls On Fat Busting Brits.

Talking about the makeup … years ago worked in was then Selfridge in Oxford. Had my makeup done by EstΓ©e Lauder products … being blond she did my eyes in colours including pink. Lol Got home and Nigel my first hubby said OMG that is awful. Lol. So since then just wear my taupe eyeshadow.. base and for about 40 yrs. Lolol Max Factor Pink Brandy lipo. Maybe due a change. Lol.

Aud… So glad you have had a good day .. 600 is a good amount .. think its more realistic doable actually. If you go to harsh on cals I think that’s when people get bored.

Hope you are feeling well in yourself.. how are things. Also how is your lovely Mum.

Lovely to have you back. Maybe Ginette soon. Xxxx

Hi Hemmy

I am a lot better thanks have had quite a lot of chest infections but seem to be over it now. Have a new back specialist who has given me a cortisone injection that seems to have worked for now.
    Mum hasn’t been too well lately. I have just returned from a week with her and feel I will be returning soon. She is getting a little bit frail and a bit forgetful but still has her 2 bottles of sherry on the go one downstairs and the other upstairs hehe lol…
    How is your mum I hope she is Well? Are you still shopping together weekly? How is Kristy is she Ok? Any sign of a boyfriend yet?

I gave away all my size 14 clothes last summer so need to slim down fast or I will to walk around au naturel cos I ain’t buying any more hehe..

Aud x

Quick post….Jean….so sorry I’m late…I hope you have had a fabulous birthday πŸ™‚ xx

Evening all, hope fasters were ok. I did eat after yesterday’s liquid only but came in well under 500.

Jean, (ma’am) hope your day was great. Can’t think of anything much nicer than birthday fish and chips and wine. You have done so well with what you’ve lost and maintaining that.

Hemmy, (aka Miss Petite size 12) a good plan for the future. You know when the time is right and you sound to me like the kind of person who lives life to the full. I am wearing taupe eye crayon a lot at the mo but I know what you mean about wanting to change colours about.

Shera, I am 5ft 9 and my target is 160lbs (11/6) so I can appreciate the weight you say is your best. I really don’t think I’ll be wanting or able to go lower. I am now a standard 14 or the (very) odd size 12 so we will see what the extra 10lbs does to size. Just need to get it off first lol.

Lynne, Tammy I am a gin girl myself and I have found people come down firmly on gin or vodka, rarely both. Both of you have done so well, you will get your mojos back.

Night night all xx

DF, sos missed that 2lb loss. Well done! 2lbs in a week seems such a super significant loss. Something to really shoot for. You must be quite close to goal now. Good to weigh morning after last fast for the week. Anything else just less motivating than it could be.

Hemmy, I was born in Oxford and my parents both lived all their lives up to my birth there. My dad played tenor sax in a jazz band there way before your time I am sure. I still feel a close link to it and love it as a city. Xx

Morning all

I had a successful day yesterday. Thanks for all your support will be back later we have the plasterer coming this morning..

Have a great weekend everyone

Audrey x

Well fine Audrey. Happy that I git through yesterday I did wake up at 1.30/2am but took a herbal sleeping tablet and used ear plugs. I struggle with ear plugs (and headphones) they hurt as my ear canals are so small. Have been begging OH to go the Drs about his snoring he just won’t. Maybe I will suggest 5:2 to him.
    Just had oatbran pancake. Organic yogurt strawberries with cinnamon for breakfast off to teach two bootcamp.

Jean is it you who has followed my kate on FB? If so thanks x

Morning All..
    What a dark miserable day…needed grass cut but it’s raining….

I had a lovely birthday and thanks for the birthday wishes…taking leaf out of Kay’s book…continuing on today with a lunch carvery with our caravan friends, we meet half way they live in Leeds. Looks like another meal out on Sunday IF we get to Manchester to see step daughter…..nor sure yet…

Audrey…
    You did well yesterday and you can eat today…hope you get your plastering job done…when are you fasting next? we are back to Monday and Thursday fasting.

Mrs O…
    I don’t know what you mean on FB, so it wasn’t me…sorry..have a good boot camp morning..πŸ˜€

You have got me motived I am trying to up my steps, the effort has slipped recently maybe the kettle bells when back off our break….lol…I will try…

Sarah…
    Fish and chips were great and with wine…when you see it wrote down it doesn’t really go ..πŸ˜‚

It’s hard when we are tall, ‘you can carry your weight’, I used to get fed up with people saying that…I know they are right but we were still fat!….for us a 14 or 12 is about the right size, I don’t like being a 13! So very awkward. Like you mixed sizes…We both just need that little bit more off..πŸ€£πŸ˜‚hopefully for me!..you are still doing well..

Kay…
    Hope all is going well with you…you seem to be dashing this morning..πŸ˜€

Hemmy…
    Have you company this weekend? Enjoy whatever you are doing….

Have a good weekend everybody..

Jean x

Hi everyone! I’m back after my week away! Just spent about an hour reading and catching up on everyone 😊 Too much to reply to everything, but a few things to pick up on – hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Don’t feel guilty about having enjoyed it with chocolates and goodies – that’s why 5:2 is effective, because you’re actually allowed to have more indulgent moments and they’re not “off track”, they’re all just part of the lifestyle.
    Some great clothes size victories so well done!
    Welcome to Shera and welcome back to Audrey!
    Jean – I hope you had the most wonderful birthday!

Will be back to posting more regularly from now on. Nearly back at uni after our week in Cornwall, which was so so amazing. We go every Easter but the weather this year was incredible – sun every single day. A week full of clofftop walks, sandcastles, beach games, swimming and surfing… And I did zero work. Oops! Feeling so much better and relaxed for it though. And we had a LOT of amazing food and drink. Pasties for lunch nearly every day, huge three course dinners, all accompanied by wonderful wine, beers, local ciders, after dinner truffles and chocolates, the odd cream tea and ice cream… All very indulgent and delicious and thoroughly enjoyable. And I don’t feel bad about it! I know a week of (particularly greedy) NFDs won’t have “undone” six weeks of fasting. A week or two of 4:3 from now will get me right back headed in the right direction!

Feeling very positive to get back to fasting tomorrow. Love to all xxx

Morning all

Jean, fish and chips with wine always goes in my book! I agree re being tall, 12 is very slim on me and anything less than a 12 would look quite ridiculously scrawny but I have shorter friends at 5ft 2 or 3 and they look good at size 8. Slim but not emaciated. Frame size is important too.

I read in Jason Fung that if you are shorter, you need fewer calories and should be less hungry because of that lower calorie need. I doubt my shorter friends would agree with the less hungry part but how many of us can actually differentiate hunger for need rather than desire. I know I can’t!

Lynne, hoping you are getting in a zone you are more comfortable with.

Have a good day all

Viewing 50 posts - 11,501 through 11,550 (of 35,381 total)

You must be logged in to reply.