Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,906 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 11 hours, 21 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,451 through 11,500 (of 35,392 total)

• Lol Kay, I hope it wasn’t that bad but well done for fasting today. Good luck. xx

I slept last night hurrah only woke up,at 4.30am because of OH snoring. I didn’t exercise or move much at all yesterday so think that made the difference. When I train on a FD I wake up ravenously hungry during the night but i won’t be able to stop training in every FD so will so seebhow it pans out. Good luck to everyone fasting today my next India is Friday.

Morning everyone πŸ™‚

Just a quick post from me .. hope all is well.

I had a good FD yesterday, and did a Zumba workout before work .. so feeling positive.

Angela, trampoline park sounds fun! Enjoy!

Hemmy and Kay good luck with your FD today .. no problem!

Mrs O, glad you got a good sleep, have a great day!

I’ll hopefully be back on later, better get some work done lol!!!

Take care lovelies πŸ™‚ x

Morning All..

A bright day here…

A slow start as Steve has a disput with BT… on the phone at 8 am and talking on the BT messenger…after a hour they have cut him off he hopes they ring back…it’s been going on for three weeks…he has now stopped the direct debit until its resolved. He is never cross unless he gets a bee in his bonnet…lol

Angela…
    More painting today then hopefully the fence will be finished….more to do but after our break next week.

Kay..
    Hope the job gets better, it’s always easier to find another job while in work, maybe this one isn’t for you and there’s another waiting for you. Give it a little longer it could get better.

Good news on Ellie holding her own.

Hemmy…
    A appointment at the hygienist, not always nice….have a good FD..

Mrs O..
    Glad you got some sleep, I am not happy if I am tired.

Sarah..
    We are back to fasting twice a week, see if it alters anything…I do like some food on a FD. Liquid only must make you so hungry..

Good luck on the fasters today..

Page as turned over, so sorry if I have missed anyone…my page keeps get un ticked for some reason..😬

Jean x

Morning all

Fd for me today, was going to do tomorrow aswell but it’s my daughters birthday, so there will be cake. So will leave it at 2 this week, maybe sneak Sunday in, see how it goes, but will brave the scales tomorrow.

Have a good one all, stay strong the fasters.

Tammy xxx

Mrs O, glad you slept OK. I don’t know how you get through exercise on FD’s, no wonder you struggle to sleep.

Jean, more painting, you must be bored by now. Although think of all the calories you’ll burn by doing it. You’re making me wonder if the stepson and I should get out in the garden this afternoon and do some work…. hmmmm, let’s see if I survive trampolining 1st!πŸ˜‚

Tammy, good luck fasting today.

So, what does one wear for trampolining? I thought I could just turn up and have a laugh but it seems I needed to think a bit more than that. Out came the shock absorber bra and sports clothes I bought last year. Still feeling happy as both are much looser on me than when I was doing HIIT 3 times a week last year. Yeah! Little dance.

xx

Morning all

Well done those who made it through fasts yesterday & good luck to fasters today! I came in under my 500 yesterday and had a massive plate of food for tea – I really don’t think I can ever do a liquid fast, part of the fun is seeing how much I can get for my calories in the evening lol. I just love food.

Must go shopping today, lunch is a random salad made from the remnants of the bottom of the fridge, not sure how much I’ll feel like it when it gets to lunchtime!

Have a great day all. Clare x

Afternoon All…

Thank goodness the painting of the fence done..πŸ˜€..and Angela not a job I enjoy but it has to be done. We have the decking to do paint twice and a small wooden coffee table, awaiting for some paint to be delivered….we also have the iron railing to paint at the front, that’s fiddley and a nightmare.

We are away on Monday for 5 days so we are now having a break before starting again.

Tammy…
    I am joining your daughter this week, my birthday is Friday. So it will be treats and possibly fish and chips out, I have been sent a Β£5 birthday voucher from my restaurant…it makes it cheaper…lol

Angela…
    Enjoy the trampolining you will burn some calories…lol…have fun…

Clare…
    We are joining you shopping we haven’t a lot of fresh stuff in….just having a breather before going…makeup and hair has to be done yet….I was as spotty as Mr Blobby before my shower….lol

I have had to wash my hair and blow it three days on the trot..😬..that’s a pain…

Have a good fast day

Jean x

Quick one cos this week is so busy. Having a low-ish day today because yesterday ended up at a new Indian place. Amazing but unplanned…just had to squeeze something in between swimming and a meeting and the three of us were stood outside it saying…we’D always meant to try it so why not! Soon yum…but felt so full all through meeting and didn’t sleep well. And I have a meeting this evening over fish suppers (don’t ask!)

So tomorrow is definitely a FD!

Thanks boy calls…and I must go.
    Mx

Hi. I am from West Mids and wondered if i could join you all?
    This is what i wrote on another thread…
    I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Probably since I was 17 when I quit competitive swimming and found a social life! I am 40 now. I have lost and gained weight pretty much since that young age and struggle with using food at times of stress and upset. I have done atkins, slimming world and lost nearly 3 stone with weight watchers. However I put it back on. I decided to go back to Ww just before Christmas as I was feeling really out of control but it’s just not working for me. I did do 5.2 when the tv programme was originally shown and can’t remember why I stopped. I think I struggled to control my eating on non fast days. So my new plan which starts today is to fast Tuesday and Thursday, eat to my Ww points Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and be a little more relaxed on the weekend. And see how that goes. Still going to get weighed each week should motivate me to stick to it. I want to lose about 18lb to get back to my happy place size wise but also get to the gym to tone too. I will post here regularly for myself ultimately. I love reading others stories and if I can help motivate someone along the way then that’s a bonus! !!
    So today I have planned lots of herbal tea, miso soup and 2 ryvita for lunch then slim noodles in pesto, tin of tuna and low fat cottage cheese later on. Here goes…..!😊

Welcome Shera..
    You are most welcome to join us, keep popping by and join in, it all helps and it’s free…lol…lots of support if needed, or a general chit chat….

Minols…
    Glad you enjoyed your Indian, I am feeling the need maybe over the weekend….fish suppers..ummmm..won’t ask but please enjoy it for me…πŸ˜€

Jean x

Evening all and welcome Shera

Not too bad a day. Getting ready to fast tomorrow.

Jean, glad you finished the painting. You’re going to deserve that break come Monday. I would have said before that liquid only no worse than 500 but not sure now. It certainly kept me going on Monday knowing I was going to have some cals later on. I am going to monitor it. (Which means I basically have no idea!)

I have a few days in Spain for OH significant birthday towards end of May and would love to be closer to goal by then. Spanish women are always so stylish and thin.

Angela, hope you worked out a suitable outfit for trampolining and had fun. Not sure what the scales impact of 500 cals vs liquid is yet a while and might do liquid only tomorrow. Last year we went to Soller in Majorca for a week in August. I was the fattest woman in the small hotel we were in and probably in the whole town. The holiday was lovely but psychologically tough – it was 4 weeks post hysterectomy and I realised I was a a barrage balloon. Not an experience I ever intend to repeat.

I may now have to have Indian food over weekend….yum….

Hi Girls how are you all getting on. Xx

Welcome Shera.. always lovely to see a new face in our little world. Sounds like a good plan you have there … good luck and keep looking in. Xx

Sarah … something to aim for .. OHs birthday celebration’s… what are you planning to wear on the day… something slinky. Lol… You are doing brilliantly Sarah you will look stunning… Xx

Angela … hope you found the appropriate wear for the trampoline outing. Lol I would have just imagined easy trousers or jeans. Lol. Hope you enjoyed it. Xx

Mrs O hope you get a good nights sleep tonight … so very important to your wellbeing. Hot milk and a spoonful of honey also lovely and relaxing and soothing before bed. Xx

DF .. Zumba before work.. wow get you girly.. well done. Hope work went well today for you. Xx

Minois You have me fancying Indian too now… what have you started. Lolol. Xx

Clare .. like you I cant do liquid FD… after so many hours I would be “light” weak…. That’s why the small meals suit me but we are all different. Think that’s part of the interest here too. Xx

Tammy… have you thought anymore about a kitchen with your winnings or another holiday perhaps. Lol. Whatever you decided it was a lovely bonus. How is your new place of work going. Xx

Kay.. how is it going for you today. So chuffed to hear our Ellie is going well bless her. Lets hope she continues. Xx

Sym… Visited hygienist quite early this morning. Then came back and creosoted 2 archways .. 2 half barrels… Bird table so just a big outside gate todo on Friday weather permitting. Will be all painted up then. Did bench and some pots touching up earlier in the week with the wild thyme colour.

We could start a revamping garden business.. Lolol.

You and Steve will be ready for your break after all your work this week. Xx

Well girls FD gone well … kept busy … it does get easier with time I reckon… you just have to keep plugging away initially.

Plus the stomach does shrink I realised that Easter week-end.. If you over indulge as you get smaller it makes you feel so uncomfortable. YES.. must be nearly there. Lol.

Have a good evening girls. Xx

Good evening all,

Jean, How wonderful it’s your birthday this week. A couple of cheeky glasses of Merlot to wash down your fish and chips will be well deserved on Friday (and like Kay I think it was, celebrations should at least start the day before πŸ˜†.)

Clare, FD’S are no good when you have nothing in. I at least like to look forward to the one meal I will have. And shopping on a FD, you’re brave!

Shera, welcome to this lovely group. Lots of support here.

Sarah, I’m sure it wasn’t as bad you think when you were on holiday last year, I bet you were also one of the tallest so it’s all in perspective. But this year I’m sure you’re guaranteed not to be the largest and you will look fabulous in your goal outfit.

Minols, mmmmmm, Indian. I love it but it doesn’t love me. I love lots of spicy foods, but only Indian bloats me out really badly. It’s not sore, just embarrassing, it’s my ‘curry baby’! πŸ˜‚

Well the trampolining was fab. I really really enjoyed it. I have hurt a calf muscle though so I had to limp down to the pub for a burger and Prosecco afterwards. Hubby sneaked (or snuck?!) out of work early and ended up joining us for lunch so it’s been a good day. And even better, as he was home this afternoon, I had a cheeky nap on the sofa πŸ˜‚.

I’m not having alot for tea as I did wash down my burger with 3 glasses of Prosecco and then followed it up with lemon drizzle cake for dessert. Nom nom.

xx

Sarah…
    We are with you tomorrow, fasting now.

I have just made my muesli chocolate buns with toasted almonds and seeds, as SIL is coming tomorrow, I can’t do guests without buns of some kind…just easy….won’t be easy for us as I said to Steve we have to be strong and not join in.

They are lovely taste and smell like Ferrero Rocher..

The Spanish holiday sounds a lovely birthday, you could get 5 or 6 pounds off by then. Something to look forward too…which birthday is it?

It’s taken me a couple of years to like Indian food, I now cook it about three times a month, and I can say I throughly enjoy it now..πŸ˜€..

Hemmy…
    All your painting too in the garden….it’s time we sat in it and relaxed..😎

Angela..
    Lovely trampolining all those calories burnt…hope your calf soon feels better….will definitely hitting the bottle this weekend and have a few treats..🍰🍷

Off to watch master chef

Jean x

Jean and Hemmy, i need you at mine!!

Hemmy that is very kind of you to say. It is not exactly slinky but outfit is body hugging (!!) sleeveless, black base with lots of colours and knee length. It feels very nice on and stretchy so easy to wear too.It has never been worn before. I bought it a couple of years ago on holiday thinking I would get into it sometime, only now can I get into it. I also have a bodycon dress with gold top and black skirt. Nicer than it sounds….I do have a few choices now.

Angela, haha yes tall and fat. The galleon look, so not going back there again. My grandsons have a trampoline and I do go on with them sometimes but not if other adults are about. I quite like it actually and thw boys love it when I am on. Lovely that you spend such good quality time with your stepson. One day you will both be so pleased you took the time and energy to do that.

Jean yes I really want to get 5/6 off. I hate to say it but OH will be 65. Can’t believe it. Almost 8 years older than me.We met when he was 40. He really doesn’t look it because he is slim and fit and still has hair which still has colour in it. Sometimes I see paunchy 45year olds and think he looks a lot younger. Plus he has been retired a couple of years and that took about a decade off him. Hopefully will do the same for me…haha. Your little muesli buns sound thoroughly gorgeous.

Xx

Just had a fab and busy boxing and kettle bells class we are outdoors in the lark fir the summer it makes such a difference to being indoors everyone said I worked them really hard after the Easter break so job done lol! Finding it hard to resist text over chocolate but I will. Sleeping will be fine tonight it’s only in FDs that I can’t sleep, my next FD is Friday. Well done to everyone who fasted today x

Morning lovelies, hope all is well πŸ™‚ Welcome Shera .. lots of support on here πŸ™‚ Glad your with us πŸ™‚

Tammy .. enjoy your daughter’s birthday celebrations today (and the cake ;))

Hemmy .. I do feel better when I can get a workout in before work πŸ™‚ Good job on your FD yesterday .. today for me!

Minols .. have a great day! I’m fasting too today .. we can do it πŸ™‚

Mrs O .. sounds amazing being able to get outside and workout! I love being outside anyway, so to combine that with a workout .. happy days πŸ™‚ Hope you had a good sleep xx

Jean .. I’m drooling over your muesli chocolate buns, they sound SO good!

Angela .. I bet it was a right laugh trampolining .. sorry about the pulled muscle though, take care Mrs! Ohh the burger and prosecco .. how lovely! Mmmm

Sarah .. good luck with the FD today, I’m with you!

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, quite a lot of posts to catch up on!

I’m fasting today, although yesterday could have been classed as one. I wasn’t intending to but my other half thought I was, and as I prepare my own stuff on FD’s he hadn’t prepared any dinner for me LOL. So, I had about 300 cals with tuna and rice noodles, and when I added that to what I’d had during the day, cals were only probably about 650!

Today official FD ..

Stay strong everyone .. almost weekend πŸ™‚ xx

Good morning FB Brits hope all is well with you and yours. Xx

A damp cloudy day here today. .. At least its a shopping day and no gardening planned. Lol.

Angela .. what a shame about your injuries. Hope they feel better today. Maybe the Prosecco and burger helped a tad… Mmm liking of Lemon drizzle cake now along with Minois Indian. Lol. What are we like. Lol Xx

Sym .. those buns sound wonderful… have a nice visit with SL .. keep Steve away from the buns. Lol.. Xx

Mrs O.. you are soo energetic .. You make me feel tired. Lol Xx

Sarah.. lovely to have choices now of what to wear. Gone are those days of just being thankful to fit into something. I would just keep doing what you are doing as sometimes if you go extra hard on yourself you end up getting fed up and not benefitting. iykwim. Xx.

DF..Well done on that low day yesterday. Good luck to day … you will enjoy those scales this week. Xx

Tammy happy birthday to your daughter … enjoy. Xx

Well girls off walking … shopping. catch you later.

Brit lovelies… We can all do this… We are doing it… We have done it.. we will continue to do it. TOGETHER BECAUSE WE ARE STRONGER Xx

Morning ladies, beautiful day here

Weigh in this morning, hAve maintained, didn’t expect much else.

Hemmy have kinda decided new kitchen, but of cause it will depend on the price, but have booked a camping trip next weekend for a wee treat. Work is good thanks

DF thankyou I will enjoy the cake πŸ˜†

Jean happy birthday for tomorrow (just incase I forget ) and enjoy the fish and chips.

Hi to everyone else, better go work to do.

Tammy xxx

Morning All…
    A drizzle start today….grandson going to try and get a job in a new local pub for a few hours as still at school, so going with the masses this morning so they may be late arriving.

Re my chocolate cakes they are with granola not muesli as I said…age!…still lovely.

Fasting today for us, Minols, DF, Shera, Tammy, Sarah anyone else.?

Sarah…
    Your slinky dressses sound lovely, nice you have a couple to choose from…roll on that lovely Spanish sun..β˜€οΈ…they sound as if they keep your OH young..lol

Can’t believe I am 68 tomorrow, I feel early 50’s, we are both same age…aches and pains yes..keep taking the tablets sometimes..forget a bit sometimes…lol…..try and be healthy..yes…I don’t think we look our age..🀞

Hemmy..
    Have a lovely day with Mum, shopping…..and your lunch and drizzle cake..enjoy Mr Pips walk this morning…does he sulk when you leave him?

DF..
    A good one yesterday, OH getting it wrong maybe another pound off…he’s a love….lol

Mrs O…
    I have bought kettle bells recently they are sitting getting dust…maybe I should take them outside….you are very energetic but I know you have to be…

Tammy..
    Well done on maintaining…nice to have your camping trip to look forward too…the seasons started..lol

Lets have a good fast day …

Jean x

Hi Symba

Kettlbells are great as they build strength but also have a cardio effect. Do a five min warm up before you start using weights. Building muscle raises your metabolism so you burn more cals when resting so that has to be worth it!
    Am not energetic right now as it’s my day off so am lazing in bed drinking coffee! But am off to do a hitt training session at 11.30 with a friend and then have to bake 40+ scones this afternoon. My friend is running London marathon on Sunday, he us having a fundraising quiz tonight so am helping with catering.

If you are interested here Is a link to my website the link takes you to one if the blogs which might inspire you to exercise! Am in the process of updating my photos, you will see why am on 5:2 as when I couldn’t train due to knee my tummy got wobbly (but I am never skinny nor will ever be) My point of difference as a trainer is being human, old and approachable!
    http://overallfit.co.uk/if-exercise-was-a-pill/

Morning all. Thanks for the lovely welcome.
    Today is fast day 2 for me. Tried to lie in (am on holiday from work) as long as poss but the dog kept barking! I’d been down to let her out the back and feed her at 7am but she hates being on her own when she knows you’re upstairs so keeps reminding you she’s there!!! So I’m now enjoying a fennel tea and reading posts on here with her. Bizarrely I think I feel hungry. Not sure but there’s some strange feeling there!!! OH away with work so ill just do a bit of tidying to keep busy. Later I’ll take doggo for a work and pop to my dad’s to water his plants as he is away too.
    Boring 500 call for me. Exactly same as Tuesday. I bought the recipe book to accompany the plan so will have a look for next week’s fasts.
    Have a lovely day and good luck to all the fasters xx

Morning all

Fasting today – cup a soup with a teaspoon for lunch lol!

Trying to cut out my sweetener in drinks, I rarely drink water unless it has squash in it and always have sweetener in tea & coffee. I’ve gone cold turkey in tea and cut down by half in coffee and today I’m trying to just drink water at my desk. I will get there.

How long does it take to get used to unsweetened coffee, has anyone done it? I know once I’ve cracked it I’ll never go back.

Boyfriend came round for tea last night so I made sure we made a big dent in the huge easter egg he had bought me, now there is only a quarter and a couple of little eggs left to tempt me over the weekend when I’m alone which isn’t so bad!

Have a great day all, be back later. Clare x

Clare, I did laugh at the cup-a-soup with a t.spoon for lunch comment πŸ™‚

How’s everyone doing? If I’m honest I’m struggling a bit today, not sure why this is harder than usual. I’ve been for a walk just now, and really didn’t enjoy it .. wanted to be sat down lol. Maybe I’m a bit tired I don’t know. FD are so difficult when its like this. I’ll keep going if I can, it helps to know friends on here are fasting too πŸ™‚

Taking step-son to karate this evening, he goes each Thursday 6.30-8pm, so if I can make it .. I wont be eating dinner until quite late tonight. Seems ages off right now! Help!

Stay strong everyone, as Hemmy said …

We can all do this… We are doing it… We have done it.. we will continue to do it. TOGETHER BECAUSE WE ARE STRONGER πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

It feels like a really long day doesn’t it DF, stay strong we will get there!

I don’t eat at night until after 8 so I’ll be hungry with you today.

Just scared myself by looking at pensions, I’ve only had one for the last 2 years since the government made it compulsory but with 30 years to go until I can retire it’s really worrying how much of a shortfall I will have. I account for pretty much every penny of my wages so unless I find myself a new rich husband I need to do some serious maths somewhere!

On that note…must do some work lol!

Afternoon All…

All going strong here just had a coffee…family are arriving after 2 pm so I have got away without doing sandwiches…that really does sounds awful but not when we are fasting…

Mrs O…
    Thanks for the link, really interesting shame you don’t live closer…on bat wings..lol..a problem here, so my kettle bells may help?

I did too many when I first bought them and hurt my back so I should take it gentle, I did do warm up excerises, I followed someone on utube…maybe now my painting has finished, I will start again..I also bought some small weight dumbells thought they might help.

Sheri…
    Keep strong, I feel like you a boring FD on food, it has to be done…tomorrow we can eat.

Clare…
    It can be done I stopped sugar in coffee, I never took it in tea.

We had a coffee machine at work, there were two in our office so we took it in turns to get it. I struggled for the first week with no sugar…then the next week I took it again, I didn’t like it…so I stopped again…my colleague going again, I said I didn’t know whether I wanted sugar or not….my colleague said..’ stop bloody messing about you are not having any!’…that was that no sugar….go cold turkey…πŸ˜€

DF..
    Keep strong it will soon pass…keep busy…enjoy your evening…I missed the tea spoon and soup a good one Clare…

Hemmy..
    Hope your shopping days going well…get your feet up and relax when home…I know your Mum wears roller skates…lol

We have still a way to go….keep strong everybody….

Jean x

HI all – half way there…we can do this!

Shera – if you’ve got the recipe book, I recommend making up batches of the skipper soup for the freezer – saved my day many times over! I also love the yogurt/muesli and eat that without control on a NFD!

Meanwhile, today is a Bovril day, just the one seaweed packet (run out!) and I’ll pick up something for all of us on the way home this evening – maybe some fish with veggies? That will be my 500. I’m walking a couple of miles to a meeting tonight, so that will be my exercise, and my distraction. There are a couple of ‘corner shops’ on the way, but as I’ve never been in either of them I’m determined not to become ‘familiar’.

Jean – you’ve done a good job with all that painting. Very impressed. Hope you’re planning lots of birthday relaxing.

Sorry about starting the Indian craving…if it helps – unless you can make it to the new place I’ve found, you really won’t enjoy whatever dish you give into. Just know, unless you’re eating at my new place, what you have in front of you is awful by comparison, so hang up the phone currently on speed dial to the takeaway…all other Indian food is just horrible, disgusting…you DON@T want it…(is the subliminal programming working yet?)

BTW Jean – any chance of the recipe for your buns?

Mx

Minols…
    The recipe a bit in my head a throw in mixture…lol..a grown up version of the cornflake buns

I do half milk chocolate and half plain chocolate…I buy the eating bars ( not cooking) from Lidl the cheaper ones 30p each..

Melt chocolate in dish over boiling water..
    2 small or 1 large eating chocolate bars ( not cooking)
    Three hand fulls of granola
    Hand full of mixed seed
    Hand full and a bit extra of flaked almonds…(almonds toasted till coloured in a dry pan)

When chocolate is melted toss all the ingredients in and keep stirring till All coated with chocolate add more granola if needed, put in small bun cakes…keep in tin lasts a week if you are good…lol

Jean x

Going well so far – hope this is the same for all other fasters today.
    Done some clearing out, been to my Dad’s and done dog walk – really enjoyed it actually as streets were lovely and quiet. I just found myself enjoying looking at the colour in people’s gardens now it is spring.

Just about to do an online shop for next week and I was wondering what your opinions are regarding sugar free jelly. At Weight Watchers it is s secret weapon to fill you up for zero points but I wondered whether, even though it is only something like 9kcal, I should still avoid?

Interested to hear your opinions πŸ™‚

Shera…

We have sugar free jelly and throw a tin of oranges in…it’s if you have the need…I don’t on a FD but in the week or weekends. Even a squirt of whizzy cream…lol

MM says nothing is excluded, but keep off the carbs on a FD……even then if I do three fasts we sometimes have a couple of boiled eggs and I have one slice of bread..as long as it’s counted in.

Salads get a bit much sometimes…

Enjoy it…lol

Jean x

Symba There is an ok KB workout in you tube by Jillian Michaels. Any DVD by Davina are very good she emphasises good technique but you do have to buy her stuff.

Also boxing is THE BEST for bingo wings and such a stress reliever

Hi All…

That’s us finished, small milk before bed….not really a bad day. A bit hungry about lunch time but a coffee took the edge off…

Daughter arrived with family…all hungry so made sandwiches but we both resisted…well done to us…they didn’t stay long as SIL was grumpy, daughter was fuming with him…grandson has just passed his driving test yesterday, he was fussy like a cat with three tails…SIL wouldn’t take him to just look at cars and see what he could afford to buy this morning while daughter took the youngest for an interview.

She headed back after seeing us to go looking with him, he is such a lovely lad just 17…..Steve would have taken him but it sometimes gets awkward…..

SIL is such a miserable sod, if it doesn’t involve him he doesn’t want to know…😬

Sorry moan over…

Stay strong everybody…

Jean x

Thanks Mrs O…I think I recognise the name Jillian Michaels…I have the u tube going while I copy them…I must start again..

I will look her up..

We don’t do stress at all, very laid back…….but our children can wind us up…..as Steve is with one of his tonight..lol..

Xx

Hi all – well done on avoiding sandwiches, Jean…really hard to resist!

Just had a lovely piece of fish and some veg and about to walk my 2 miles to a meeting, be distracted, and then walk them home and go to bed!

See you in the morn.
    Mx

Minols…
    Have a lovely meeting…eyes forward while you pass the shops…enjoy your walk..

Jean x

Grim day all round, not helped by upset tummy. Goodness knows from what. Still up from the week before Easter. Will be doing b2b liquid only today and tomorrow and won’t weigh now until Saturday. I have just been messing about with it this week. Probably do tummy good anyway to not eat.

Jean SIL sounds a bit much. Good to resist sandwiches. Laid back is what I am aiming for….sometIme….somehow…

Mrs O I could just do some boxing right now and wouldn’t need gym equipment. Btw you don’t look in the slightest old or fat!!

Shera, sounds like you have made a good start. I don’t know about sugar free jelly because I don’t do artificial sweeteners. My very overweight sister has a lot of them and it has never seemed a good idea.

Back tomorrow in a better frame of mind hopefully xx

Evening all,

Just home and my tea is cooking, an M&S meal again. I’ve struggled with the fasting today and hit a wall at 3pm where I thought I was going to faint, I confess to one small chocolate which has got me through. Should still be OK for cals. I think it’s because I have PMT too, so I’m also seeing the temporary weight gain in the scales 😣. I doubt tomorrow’s weigh in will even be a maintain now as a result, but at least I understand it and know as soon as mother nature appears it will drop again.

Tammy, well done on your maintain this week.

Sarah, Shame you’re still up but I’m sure today’s and tomorrow’s fast will sort you out.

Jean, enjoy having your family around you and try to resist temptation.

Sorry, I missed too many posts today to comment on everything. Hope everyone’s OK. xx

Evening all

I am back giving fasting a go again, is it OK to rejoin your merry band?

Have done 1 fast this week and am doing a 2nd tomorrow.

Glad to see some old friends here and new people also.. where is Cmum?

Need to come clean before I rejoin, I have gained a lot of weight so am starting from scratch back to basics and on my 1st weigh in have 30 lbs to lose to hit target…

Sorry I left but needed to take some time to sort my head out and regroup…

Audrey x

Good Evening Aud and a massive welcome back. It’s good to hear from you and I’m so pleased you found your way back.

I hope your break away helped you get to a better place and we’re all here to help you back on the journey.

Good luck for tomorrow’s fast. I am sure you will do brilliantly.

xx

Thanks for the welcome back Angela much appreciated.

I must admit to being a bit apprehensive about returning..

I have however been keeping in touch with Jean so not been totally on my own…but I have missed all of you..

Hoping my together we are stronger is still true…

Aud x

Audrey!!!!! Yayyy….so glad you’re back with us! We need you!!! x

I need to draw a line under things here and get back into it very soon.

Can we take baby steps together??

By the way, everyone is doing fab here. I think Carol could be away with her grand daughter?? I really hope so and she’s not left us ;-(

There’s still many of the people I started this journey with in January, as long as some wonderful new ones. I personally find strength in this forum. Last Thursday, for example, these wonderful ladies managed to convince me not to start my weekend too early when I was wavering and I can’t thank them enough.

What are you apprehensive about if you don’t mind me asking? xx

Kay I wil hold your hand and we can restart our journey together.

Angela I felt a bit apprehensive about coming back wasn’t sure what the welcome would be …
    I know it’s silly I should have known I wouldn’t be judged for taking a break but at the time I felt I had to leave to sort out what would Work for me.
    I have eaten mainly slimmingworld food and have enjoyed myself far too much but my metabolism seems to be working again so now I think I am ready to begin again.

Aud

Awww, well you have very much been missed Aud so no need to feel nervous at all. We all need to do what’s right for us each every now and again. If this is a long term sustainable WOL, it has to fit in with your life.

Great news you’ve kick-started your metabolism again too. Maybe that’s what your body needs every now and again? I know mine does or it starts holding onto the weight. xx

Yes I think you are right.
    Vicky my friend is a nurse and she said I had put my body into a sort of starvation mode… I was just not having the calories or nutrients it needed. Also I think I was getting a little depressed and wasn’t in a very good place mentally…
    But I am back now and ready to start over again week 1…here we go!!πŸ˜‰

Aud x

Hi Audrey you’re back…

You have been really missed…we all have to take a break sometimes after been on this way of life for a long time…2 years I think for you…reset you button…lol

We will soon have you back on track, baby steps and you will soon be off again….

You have made my day..

Jean xx

Thanks Jean for welcoming me back and supporting me through my wobble.. .

❀❀Audrey

Evening everyone

Welcome back Audrey, really great to have you back. I’ve also got around 30lb to get to my target, particularly after the last week or so of just eating anything and everything, so I’ll be with you and Kay taking the baby steps (but lots of them).

I think I’m finally going to try for a FD tomorrow, so it’ll be good to know I’m not on my own.

Jean, have a lovely birthday tomorrow. Well done for resisting the sandwiches and for not taking Mrs O’s exercise advice for the bat wings and laying one on SIL. Looking for a first car is so exciting, you couldn’t have stopped me being involved when Hannah was looking for her first car.

It’s great having Audrey and Kay back, hopefully Carol soon too. A good mix of experienced and new people.

Feeling a bit nervous about tomorrow’s FD, so will aim for 500 cals and be happy if I come in under 800 and manage to avoid refined carbs and sugar – should be alright now as I’ve finished off the Mother’s Day Lindor!

Anyone else with me and Audrey fasting tomorrow?

Lynne

Viewing 50 posts - 11,451 through 11,500 (of 35,392 total)

You must be logged in to reply.